• Pros

• "I love this program. It works great in my classroom. I use it daily with students "

• "I really enjoy this software because it is very accessible as a student. The layout is very simple and clean which allows the user to become proficient in the software."

• "The ease of set up and the easy teacher controls are amazing. Students like the simplistic design and the calendar feature is great"

• Cons

• "I love Google Classroom. The only con = the scheduling option - it is not very user-friendly to set the time I want this to post. "

• "Grade book is a little weird. I still have not figured out how to properly use it. Other than that it is amazing "

• "I wish there was an easier way to embed videos with this software, but it is still very easy to use."

Browse Google Classroom Reviews

James from Cannons Creek Independent School

Google Classroom for Education

I love this cloud-based paperless option for daily student work. Easy to share, collaborate and manage.

Pros

Google Classroom is by far the best cloud-based delivery system I have ever used. Classroom makes assigning notes, work and quizzes very easy. I particularly enjoy the fact that you can create a Google Form Quiz directly from the Classroom assignment button. Especially impressive is how the self marking features in Google Forms can be directly imported into Google Classroom. All marks are then compiled in a Grade book that can put any markbook to shame. Another feature I like in Classroom is that once you assign work in Classroom it is available immediately in your Classroom folder in your Drive. This means you can see student assignment progress immediately and provide feedback before they turn it in.

Cons

Sometimes I use Classroom on an iPad and the integration on this device doesn't always work smoothly. For example, opening a doc in Classroom will sometimes open in Safari which often won't work as it blocks cookies. It then has to be reopened in Chrome.

Lucas from Public Schools of Calumet-Laurium-Keweenaw

Google Classroom for the Digital Educator

My overall experience has been very positive. It's made facilitating classes much easier, and has allowed students to do more work when it's the best timing for them. In our specialized school we deal with a lot of absenteeism, and Classroom helps to manage that issue much better than what I was using before.

Pros

I like that it is compatible with the Google Suite software. I can make an assignment for students on Classroom, then link any materials needed for the assignment that may be saved in my Drive or Docs. I can create digital assignments and assessments using Docs and Forms, and attach any materials or spreadsheets. It's easy to add links or videos to assignments as well. There are also many Add-Ons that compliment Classroom making it easier to facilitate. Students like that it is all digital and they can access everything they need from where ever they might be.

Cons

I don't like that grading doesn't carry over to the Classroom Grading area from assessments or assignments made using Google Forms if you attach anything to the assignment in addition to the Form.

Reasons for Choosing Google Classroom

Classroom is relatively simple and easy to use. The compatibility across the GSuite apps is unmatched in educational software.

Kearstyn from GGUSD

The Perfect Classroom Aide

Google Classroom is a wonderful way to distribute writing assignments to my whole class and comes complete with spell check to make the editing process all the easier for my learning writers. I express particular gratitude for the speech-to-text feature that I know I will be using for a long time to come.

Pros

One of the many reasons why I enjoy and regularly use Google Classroom is that I can assign tasks and prompts - whether it be a simple question for my students to respond to or an essay prompt - and have all my students be able to see such assignments and complete them. Everything is automatically saved so the occasional (and inevitable) select all, delete all disaster can easily be fixed, even if the student logs out and back in. The Restore previous versions feature has saved many an essay from being lost forever. My students can write, edit, and turn in completed work. I can also monitor their progress and leave notes of guidance. Students can also join more than one class which is exceptionally helpful as an RSP teacher. My students can see and complete written work from both their home-room and my resource class. One particular feature has truly saved several of my students who have difficulty writing, spelling, and typing and have thus turned in incomplete and lacking work in the past. But with the speech-to-text microphone feature, my students can verbally write their responses and not fixate on poor spelling or get frustrated about how slow they type. They can easily express their ideas in a hassle-free way.

Cons

The features I use and the mechanics that run them all work fine. My students and I dont get too complex or try to push any limits so no real con has presented itself.

Rahim from Photography

Google Classroom. Best school software!

I've used this software for long and it's very good. I've used it often in school. Very easy to use, and you just need a google account to log in. Awesome and I can really recommend it! 7/10

Pros

What I like most about Google Classroom is the easiness. It's a very good program for students. The teacher creates a ''classroom'' and shares it to all people in the class via Gmail. And then can the students do the work. The teacher can write instructions too. When it's done can the teacher automatically see the work. And it is harder to not be finished with the work, you can see when the work needs to finish. This software is awesome! I've used it a lot when I was a student. I really recommend this!

Cons

What I like less about Google Classroom is that it is crashing sometimes. When I was a student, sometimes I couldn't log in. It's the only thing that isn't so good. Otherwise, I love Google Classroom!

Imadur Rozan from ITI

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Ok Google.. Show me the best studying app!

As a student, it's really hard to create better self management when it comes to managing the whole bunch of stuff especially with so many academic lessons and task you have (depends on where you live in as different country has different education policy and curriculum) and this app will take care the mess so you can check what are the things must be done and get reminded of the upcoming task. In my country where i live in, sometimes most teacher skip the class which mean teaching learning process will be postpone, but this app will let you learn wherever you are using online teaching feature, no excuse for not studying!

Pros

As a student either you are still in high school or college, this is finally what most student always wanted : an app that let you sync with everything related to your lesson or school stuff so you'll be much more aware of any upcoming task or homework and deadline. the app integration and sharing ability is great, this app is integrated to some google apps like google docs and google drive so you can edit your document on the go and share it to your class group or classmate. It's true, most universities or even school have their own private web or server so their student can see every information related to their academic things online, but this app is much more handy that you can manage each different task or homework, not as a whole. From the teacher perspective, opening online learning or class is going to be much more easier for more effective communication between student and teacher. The plus point is, there is no need for paper!

Cons

As from my experience with the app so far, it doesn't integrated with many other 3rd party apps like google calendar or any calendar app which can be trouble some for managing the deadlines, it would be great if this app can be sync with many other useful apps on the store. and if you're unfamiliar with google apps or android ecosystem (let's say you're an iphone or macbook user who stick with apple ecosystem) the app design and interface will be unfamiliar because this app is a little bit googlish just like other google apps.

Kinza from American Eagle

Review for Google Classroom

Google Classroom is a great way for educators to assign work for students and share extra tools which would be helpful for students themselves. It reminds students when assignments are due and they can actively participate in discussions within the software itself.

Pros

Google Classroom is an easy to use software that is perfect for use in the education system. It is made easy for students to view assignments posted by their teacher/professor as well additional tools to be used for their assignments. Several educators also post lecture slides so students can go back and review any information they did not quite understand during class. Educators can post question tasks in which students can actively engage with one another or personally with the teacher. Students can very easily respond to prompts with notifications.

Cons

There is no con with Google Classroom as it is an effective software used upon several educators within their classrooms to engage with their students not only in a classroom setting, but also from home.

Site from Catholic University Institute of Buea

Google classroom is a great learning management software

- Google Classroom is great at what it does - connect learners with teachers. Been a part-time freelance Developer, I personally use Google Classroom to teach some learners who are interested in Web Development and this software really helps me well to connect with them, wherever I am.

Pros

- Google classroom is a major helping software for distant education, especially in zones where physical classes are hardly accessible due to socio-political crisis, poor economic development, etc, - I love Google Classroom for it's free and open-source, so easy to set up a class and enroll students, either via email or class code and anyone can set up a private class and teach whatever topic he/she has knowledge in. - This software is literally a classroom since you can create assignments with submission deadlines, add topics, add quizzes, accept students' feedback, post materials, grade students' performances and even more. - Google classroom is very efficient as it reduces paperwork through technology, promotes and encourages digitalization (e-learning) of schools all around the world.

Cons

- Data privacy and confidentiality is not guaranteed as everything (text, images, graphics, videos, documents) is stored on Google's servers and not a company's. - Features such as live classrooms are only available on YouTube rather than being available directly in the Google Classroom. - Students/Learners in some areas with no network and internet cannot study through Google Classroom as it requires a good internet connection.

Tyler from Madison School District

The Standard for Learning Mangement System

Google Classroom is a fantastic service that manages student work easily.

Pros

Consistent updates keep this app fresh, intuitive and a joy to use. Students and teachers both enjoy the structure it has but simplicity to do the job right. It works seemlessly with Google Drive and all other Google products.

Cons

After using this product for a number of years and teaching multiple section of class, the number of classes, professional development can over populate the enrolled classes. It would be nice to have an option of grouping the classes, sinilar to a folder, for better management and organization.

joyson from University

What actually is google classroom!

As i am a student , i use classroom for viewing the notes and documents provided by teacher which becomes easy to access and no need of downloading.

Pros

Google classroom was recently launch by google as a mean to help student and teacher collaborate easily with each other and make teachers easy to share notes, documents with each and every student on one go. Classroom helps in many way as it is easy to use, can assign every document as per need and access whenever needed.

Cons

No such cons regarding classroom except that oly the admin and teacher have rights to upload files or documents to the classroom .

Saranya from Education Management

Google Classroom makes teaching and learning more easy.

When I was an undergraduate I usually follow most sessions on Google Classroom.

Pros

If we are on leave for class, we will be able to pick up the missed session from home. We can schedule our works, that is, by creating works for to-do.

Cons

If it supports offline editing or offline reading of documents, it will be more meaningful and comfortable.

CLARK from Granite School District

Google Classroom in the Real Classroom

I really enjoy using Google Classroom to get information out to my students quickly. It is my Homebase for all of my websites, information, assessments, files, you name it. My students know to go there for links to everything.

Pros

What is great about Google Classroom is that I can give my students an assignment on Google Classroom and they can access it immediately. I can also create a template for them that automatically creates a copy for the students and I get a copy of it too. I can see what they are doing in realtime. I can also make comments or corrections as they type. With Google Classroom, I can also give my students a quiz which I can set to autocorrect, even preset words or boundaries to look for. Creating and adding students to the Google Classroom is very easy. It is also nice to share websites, documents, files, videos or pictures easily with students.

Cons

I wish this program had more options for video and audio responses for the students. Also, the format that it creates a link to websites is not very good. I put my classroom website on there and the preview window says "Google Sign In." I wish it were a little more pleasing to the eye in that regard. Also, I wish I could add students to quizzes once they are published. I have new kids in my classes almost every day and it is frustrating to create a new quiz for the new kid.

John from Ravenna Public Schools

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Google Classroom is a must for today's classroom

I have been using Google Classroom in my middle and high school classrooms since its early beta stage. I can tell you with 6 different preps in a school day, this is a great way to keep myself and my students organized and on task.

Pros

Google Classroom is a great platform to use for setting up your daily activities in the classroom. It is used to put out information to your students, allows for collaboration as students complete their assignments, and allows for easy assignment submission. Although not a full course management systems - it operates as and contains the major functions of one in an easy to use format. Works across all platforms, especially great with the Google environment for Chromebooks that seem to be the device of choice in many school districts.

Cons

Google is updating their software frequently - which is good, but sometimes the changes are not announced ahead of time or in a way that prepares you or the student in advance to the change.

Rebecca from ISANA Academies

The BEST way to structure and manage a classroom or group of people.

Overall, my experience has been very positive. It allows me and my students to stay organized. It holds students accountable for knowing what is expected of them and following up if they are absent. It also helps me stay organized as a leader with other teachers. It keeps all of our resources/activities organized nicely and we can access it anywhere anytime.

Pros

I love love love Google Classroom! I have used this as a teacher with students, as a teacher with other teachers, and as an administrator with my teachers. As a teacher, I love using Google Classroom to organize our daily activities and resources. It allows me to link in projects, questions, assignments, etc in one place. I also love how interactive it is that students can post questions or I can ask a question and have students respond and also comment on each other's post. As a teacher with my coworkers, we have a Google Classroom where we keep all of our resources. We have it organized by each topic and then we all upload specific resources/activities that we use. It is an awesome way to keep all of our resources organized. Lastly, I use this as an administrator to also keep important materials for my teachers to have access to. I love how easily accessible it is and how it keeps everything organized.

Cons

I truly do not have any cons for Google Classroom. Anytime there are updates for this software, they are always meaningful and improve using the software.

Yousef from American School of Doha

Helped Manage My School Life

My overall experience with Google Classroom, I would say, has been more positive than negative. Although, the program does have some limitations, the positive aspects of this software outweigh their opposite counterparts. From its ease of use to its versatility, I would definitely rate this program as a beneficial one, that without a doubt has helped the organization of my academic career.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the various features that it offers to a regular class setting. From its ease of use to its versatility, this software program has helped me be reminded and aware of all of my upcoming projects and it also helped easy access Slides that were discussed in class, as the teacher could easily upload them, for us to review from. This software also allowed the teacher to post notices on to the classroom, where students such as myself could respond, for further clarification, for example.

Cons

What I like the least about this software is the communication between the two sides of the program. For example, when the teacher uploads something on classroom, and let us just say I wanted to ask a question, when I posted a comment, that comment could be viewed by everyone in the class, which is probably what I liked the least about this software. If this software was a bit more discrete in this process, I believe it would be a better software program as a whole.

Great for Professionals and Their Students!

My overall experience with Google Classroom has been great and compared to many of the other platforms that I have used in the past, I think this one is absolutely amazing. In terms of a clean interface with simplicity in being able to use, nothing beats Google Classroom! Therefore, I would highly reccomend for anyone looking to use this actually give it a try because it can be really convenient and make things easier!

Pros

I think Google Classroom is a great platform and would prefer it to even many of the other paid services that schools often pay for, such as Schoology. What I really like about Google Classroom is the clean interface that makes everything so simple. It's very easy to navigate around the platform and easy to create assignments and see submissions. In addition, I really like the feature of being able to schedule posts, such as announcements and assignments, as this allows for me to get my work done quickly without having to worry about forgetting later.

Cons

What I like the least about Google Classroom is that I have had instances where students submit assignments a little before the deadline but the assignments will still be labeled as late submission, even though that's not the case. This sometimes requires me to look at the date and timestamp myself to have to figure out if the assignment was indeed late or not. Although this does not happen too frequently, I just find it inconvenient when it does happen.

Google Classroom Review from Tutor

Overall I really like this program and would recommend it to teachers and tutors. It really makes our jobs easier. Not to mention since everything can be made and submitted online it is a lot better from the environment and cuts down way fewer trees. I got introduced to this software in High School and decided to use it for my part-time tutoring business ever since. Google Classroom is far superior to the other programs I have come across such as Moodle. I would say I give this program an 8/10.

Pros

I really like this software because it is very simple and straight forward to use. As a tutor, it is very easy for me to post homework and study notes for my students. The software is easy for my students and for their parents to follow. The calendar aspect of the program I find very useful that way I know my students won't ever have an excuse to forget to do their homework and it is easy for the parents to follow up. I also like that the students can communicate with each other on this platform and help each other out.

Cons

On serval occasion I had issues posting special quizzes on Google classroom. On occasion some of my students couldn't access what I posted for them or submitted their homework. On a few other occasions I had issues with some students wanted to write a comment asking for help and I didn't receive a notification till the next day. I would also like the software to be a little more organized. I think it would help if the program if it had a function for the parents to track the student's account this would help the parents have a better understanding of where their child is in their studies. A pajorising function would greatly benefit as well.

Nick from Good Shepherd Catholic School

Needs A Couple Features, But an Excellent Value

Overall, Google classroom works nicely as a supplemental classroom tool for digital work. It gets the job done even if it lacks a few small features. I plan to continue using it whether those features are added or not due to the ease of setup and management for teachers and students.

Pros

Google Classroom is extremely easy to get up and running for users on our G Suite domain. Users simply sign in and are ready to create classes and start posting assignments for students. It helps us drive student engagement in classes that may only be offered one of two days a week.

Cons

There is no parent engagement. There is no way for parents to view student progress or track student learning aside from signing into their child's account. It would be amazing to allow parents guest access to view student assignments or ask questions to teachers through classroom via private messages or posts.

Reasons for Choosing Google Classroom

Canvas did not offer the ease of use for students that we need at our grade level and Google Classroom plugged right in with our G Suite domain.

Ganjar from Rumah BaCa

All that your classroom need!

I use Google Classroom every day to engage with the students in my classes. I put all information, handouts, and reading source on the platform, making it easy for the students to get them. I also use Google Classroom to set up assignment, making it easy for the students to upload their papers and easy for me to mark their works.

Pros

Google Classroom provides users with a virtual classroom. It allows users, usually teachers or lecturers, to create classrooms, upload notes and information there, and even to create assignments for the students. Google Classroom also allows interactions between the students through comments. Thus, it is possible for teachers or lecturers to conduct an online discussion and encourage all participants to engage with the activity.

Cons

Google Classroom can use up your free storage fast, especially if the students uploaded their papers with heavy images or large size. The way out of this issue is by getting a larger storage scheme through subscription.

Daniel from Hospital Ortopdico Infantil

Classes anytime and anywhere

It allowed me to continue my studies and graduate in the midst of a serious political crisis.

Pros

I used google classroom throughout my university career. Its versatile and functional platform made it possible to digitize many subjects that were traditionally taught face-to-face by a new dynamic and flexible virtual plane. During the periods of violent protest in my country, in which the city was completely immobilized, I could continue taking the exams as well as follow my subjects thanks to google classroom. It is very simple to use, it allows the teacher to schematize all the content in a dynamic and attractive way as well as acilitates the interaction of the student with the content and the immediate feedback between both. You can also access the educational content 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Cons

Google classroom was very useful for my university years. I do not have any complaints

Lukas from CrucialDesigns

The software that all schools should use!

I have realised that google classroom is a great software for both teachers and students because it makes their lives so much easier by making them be able to have a ''virtual classroom'' where they can keep track of all their assignments etc.

Pros

The things that I like with google classroom is that it's a software that makes it so much easier for teachers and students. It's good and easy for teachers because they can give the students assignments with just a click of a button and all of the students get notified that they have an assignment and they can turn it in through the app. It's also good and easy for students because it's easier for them to keep track of what assignments they have and it's very easy for them to turn in their assignments and they can even do it from home.

Cons

I think that this software is lacking some features. For example I would like there to be a feature where student's can do for example exams through the software. I also think that the software needs some small design tweaks and it should be easier for the students and teachers to organise their assignments etc.

An amazing LMS from Google

I had a really good time using Google Classroom as a teacher and I would love to switch to it when possible. Google has always been known for its great Cloud-based service and productivity suites and this software is no different. If you're looking for a good LMS, this is it.

Pros

The main reason why my company and I gave Google Classroom a try is because of its inter-connectivity with all of the other Google products. It interfaces extremely well with other Google products such as Gmail, Drive, Hangouts, Sites, Slides, Forms, Sheets, Docs, Vault, and Calendar, making the setup and management of your classes extremely easy. My company mainly uses Shoology, which also has great interfacing with Google products, but I mostly did stuff on the Google front, because it is easier and faster to use. If your company already use many of the Google products and need an learning management system, I would recommend Google Classroom hands down. Great UI, easy to use, and great support makes this product an A++ product.

Cons

I don't have anything I dislike about this software except one tiny thing that I'm sure a few other users could relate. The layout and design for the classroom page is really ugly as it is and doesn't offer a lot of customization. I would rather have a software that is uniform across all pages or a software that offers full customization so I can make it exactly how I want.

Eric from Crowley ISD

Great Software

The benefits of Google Classroom is that it allows me to setup different classes and keep them all in one place.

Pros

It allows me to put everyone in my class in one location. I am able to assign work and check it through Classroom from anywhere.

Cons

It is not good on mobile devices. On mobile devices it seems slower and can be a little more difficult to maneuver through it.

Powerful Educational Tool

Pros

Google Classroom strengthens the classroom environment by connecting the students and teachers onto a social media like platform where teachers can post homework and announcements. I like their user friendly interface and their notifications feature that reminds the students when assignments are due.

Cons

Im not a big fan of the submission process for the assignments. It is very complicated for many students because of the many restrictions for files to upload. I dont like that teachers cannot post quizzes onto the google classroom.

Google Classroom - great for content management, but lacks analytics

Google Classroom has been a very simple to use and low-cost (free!) solution for delivering my course content. It is easy to get students started and many of them are already familiar with the G Suite productivity tools so the barrier to interaction is quite low.

Pros

Google Classroom is extremely simple to use. You can invite your students by sharing your classroom code or using an email invitation. You can use all of the Google productivity tools with it (e.g., slides, docs, forms). The class newsfeed presents your announcements and any threaded conversations that you post, as well as upcoming assignments. Documents for your class are saved to your Classroom folder in Google Drive, which means you can access it on your phone or on basically any device. Managing your students' assignments is a breeze. You can mark up their shared documents and return them with comments. You can also turn on a number of apps and include them as assignments (e.g., Desmos for math).

Cons

The main drawback of Classroom as an LMS is that it basically has no analytics; I also use Moodle with students and I find it much easier to check on their activity. This can really help with targeted interventions. You can, of course, post small low-stakes assignments on Classroom to check in with students but it's hard to see how they're spending their time in the content.

Julie from St. Charles School District

Everything's in Classroom

Students can find absolutely everything they need in the Classroom. As long as they have an internet connection, they can access my Classroom from anywhere. Lost worksheets, forgotten instructions, reviews for tests, and much more are all at the ready. This has erased the need for repeated/redundant efforts on my part! This has saved so much time and frustration! Students are more successful because they have a backup resource at their fingertips. It also helps with parent involvement.

Pros

Google Classroom is my fulltime, comprehensive hub for all activity in my classroom. I am able to use Classroom for absolutely every document, presentation, or resource I might possibly use in my classes. I can post virtually every resource in one convenient location.

Cons

On occasion, I will experience a glitch that blocks a student from submitting work. These occurrences are far and few between.

A New Standard for Teaching

Pros

Turning assignments has never been easier with Google Classroom. During the summer, I taught a small course with javascript to high school students and this platform allowed my students to turn in programming assignments very easily. Before Google Classroom, my students were used to turning in their assignments through their school software and that was unreliable because of constant server crashes. However, with Google Classroom, I can control submission dates and see a timestamp of everything.

Cons

Unfortunately, Google Classroom is only popular with High School teaching. In college, specifically with the University of California Riverside, the standard for turning in assignments is through a software called Ilearn which is unreliable. Google classroom also has no automated quiz system which is super useful if implemented. Another issue that I found annoying was the classroom code. Each time I wanted to add a student into the course, they would constantly have to copy and paste a code to get into my class. A better solution to this perhaps include an option to allow me to add students through a link.

Daniella from Education management

Love Google Classroom!

Overall, I really love using google classroom. It has made my teaching experience a lot easier than it was when I only used hard copies of every assignment and had to keep individual folders for each students work.

Pros

I love this product. It make assigning work to a lot of students at once super easy. It's super easy to use. Is make communicating with students and turning in assignments hassle free!

Cons

One feature that I though could be incorporated to make things easier is that to be able to duplicate classes with the assignments. I work with multiple high schools but use the same or similar curriculum for each school site. Thus I make multiple classrooms that have the same assignments and materials, just different school. So being able to duplicate classrooms would make things easier for me.

Laura from The Metropolitan School of Panama

Cheap, but very limited

I used it as a teacher with my middle school students. I don't see it working for preschool or elementary, unless you add the parents as students as well. Parents need to create a Google account to be able to access the information from the newsletter/summary they get. Students don't really get a grade book, but they can see grades for each assignment. Needs a lot of work still.

Pros

Very easy to use and figure out. Students have access to information you want them to get at a low cost.

Cons

Parents don't have access to monitoring other than receiving a weekly or monthly email that says any upcoming or pending assignments, but they don't have access to see anything other than the title of the assignment. Does not link to Turn it in. They are constantly working on improving the platform, but it still lacks a lot of work/improvements.

Gretchen from AIESEC in the Philippines

Industry: International Affairs

Awesome Digital Classroom for Everyone!

Pros

Google Classroom definitely makes your life easier by providing accessible features such as submitting your work at ease. I really like how they incorporated their other products such as Google Calendar and Google Drive so that things will be more organized. The flow of information is also good since you are updated by what your teacher is posting in the "classroom" through your email.

Cons

Google Classroom would have been better if there was a chatroom so that communication will be easier to my fellow classmates. I would really appreciate it if we can message our teachers in the app itself so that it will be more accessible to us. It could have been nice if there was a feature wherein all of the files that your teacher posted will be kept in one place (or one google drive just like the "class drive folder") so that we do not have to scroll down anymore when looking for a certain file.

Great software for schools!

Great experience!

Pros

It keeps all classwork in one place and it a great place to sort assignments and grades as needed within the class.

Cons

Wish that it could be integrated better with a wider variety of software solutions.

Reasons for Choosing Google Classroom

Because we are a Google Apps for Education organization.

Frederico from Escola Municipal Adm. Josaf Sisino Machado

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Google Classroom as a tool for support for the teaching and learning process

Pros

The software improves teaching and learning process and allows greater interaction between students and teachers during the activities of different subjects. The use of the platform allows the mediation of the teacher and an active posture of the student, providing new forms of interaction between those involved through communication tools (chat, discussion forums), content creation, student management and information management.

Cons

The software is excellent, but the reality of most Brazilian public schools generates barriers that make the use of this technology poorly practiced in elementary and high schools, for example the lack of computer labs in schools or lagging laboratories and with limited internet access

Best option for independent schools

Pros

Admin setup and support is unmatched by other SMS providers. Very easy for new users to adopt and training provides. By educators, for educators.

Cons

Live support provided to admins only. But answers are easy to find online.

Jennifer from Upper Adams School District

Excellent Resource!

Pros

As a teacher I like how easy it is to organize my classroom and extend learning to students during all hours of the day.

Cons

It would be nice to have more flexibility to organize and arrange personal buttons and navigation.

Gina from Northside isd

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

I dont know how I taught before classroom!

My overall experience has been great with Google classroom. I teach 35 classes every week and it makes it so easy for me to have all of them in different classrooms with different assignments going on. I teach Kinder through fifth grade but I also use these for my afterschool clubs and for groups that I have with my coworkers when were working on things together.

Pros

There are so many things I love about Google classroom. I really enjoy how it keeps everything super organized, makes it so simple for me to grade, I love the fact that I can leave comments or suggestions to on my students work.

Cons

There really is nothing that I like peace about this Software. It has made my teaching life so much easier and my students more better when things are less complicated for them.

Very Easy Classroom Communication

Pros

You can post the syllabus and other important documents for students who didn't show up on the first day of class and for those who lose these kinds of things frequently. You can post assignments and assignment prompts so that students can't use the excuse that they never got the assignment or otherwise. You can see which students have completed the assignment, which haven't. You can communicate with students through feedback on writing assignments. You can message them. It's simply the most efficient way of running a classroom outside the classroom.

Cons

I have no issues with this software. The fact that it's also free makes things that much better. Not having used it outside of a writing comp. course, however, I can't say whether or not it would be helpful in other class types.

Ashleigh from Fayetteville School District

Google Classroom Can't Be Beat!

Overall, my experience is positive and I don't know what I would do without Google Classroom! It is so innovative and user-friendly!

Pros

When it comes to sharing information and managing submissions in one place, you can't beat Google Classroom! I found that this software allowed me to manage and test knowledge like I've never been able to before. I really like that many types of documents and applications can be shared in one place, and that linking my students together there is effortless. All ages can learn to utilize and even thrive in Google Classroom!

Cons

There isn't anything that I liked least about this software. It addresses all of my concerns and my students find it very user-friendly.

Georgia from One Stone

Google Classroom

Classroom makes it super easy to join a class and share material with a lot of people. It sends updates to your email so you never miss anything andI do like the layout of the homepage. You can see classwork, classmates, and updates there.

Pros

I have been using Google Classroom in and out of school for years now, and it is very helpful for a variety of my needs. I can easily communicate with others on it, turn in work, and share ideas to classmates and teachers. I really like how fast it updates and turns things in.

Cons

Sometimes it is frustrating when I turn something in and can't access it on drive or docs anymore, because I don't have access. I wish there was an easier way around this than unsubmitting the assignment.

Tiffany from Mvsd

A Teachers Friend

I use Google Classroom almost daily with my students. Its a great resource to share documents, spreadsheets and post assignments. It is convenient for students that are absent, as they can log in from home or go back to view assignments upon returning to school. I have found that more and more apps are collaborating with Google Classroom, which is also convenient. Many other programs allow you to transfer class lists from Google Classroom, saving time in a busy teachers day!

Pros

I love google classroom! It is so convenient to assign work, share videos, post messages, and interact with students using this software.

Cons

I would like to be able to better customize the classroom visually. The stream can be a bit difficult for younger, less-tech savvy student to use.

Paul from Orange County Public Schools

Easy Classroom Software

Teachers loved how easy it was to use, and how it links up. Parents also thought it was easier to use as well which is a plus.

Pros

Like all google products very intuitive and pretty easy to use. I have very few support issues with this software for fellow teachers. Teachers seemed to love using it and was easy to assign class work and Test. They loved how it links up with the rest of the google software and google drive. Big surprise there but worth mentioning.

Cons

Teachers never had any complaints with the software other than it didnt link up with their grade book software like Canvas does but it just wasnt setup for that. Not sure if it can be done.

Reasons for Choosing Google Classroom

because we already had google suite accounts for all the students and it just made sense.

Don from William S Hart Union High School District

Google Classroom

Google Classroom has made my paperless classroom transition incredibly easy. I highly recommend it

Pros

The ability to share digital assignments easily with your class saves me so many instructional minutes every year. You can easily organize content into different topics to make it easier for students to find previous assignments. You can also preset times that you want assignments to be released to the classroom.

Cons

New topics default to the bottom of the classroom stream. You can move them manually to the top of the stream, but is a pain. There is a Gradebook in Google Classroom, but it doesn't currently link to Infinite Campus, which makes it pointless.

Cristine from Far Eastern University

Google Classroom is your accessible teacher aid!

Overall, I like Google Classroom a lot! Not just because it has been truly helpful, but also because it has eradicated every possible excuse to not study and not be able to learn. It enabled a wide array of possibilities to engage with students and help them learn more and even better, in a collaborative manner and effort.

Pros

In the institute I am working for, all tests, lessons, quizzes, activities and mostly everything is departmental. Teachers are very dedicated into the student's learning process and so, Google Classroom was indeed a great help! It was so accessible and has tons of features we are able to utilize really well. It's been the perfect aid to us since we could upload an activity or test in Google Classroom and students can simply log back in and out after the completion of test or activity. More than just being able to upload learning and testing materials, teachers can also check on the students real time and share a comment or advise, while a project is being done online by the students, since we can indeed monitor their activities with a certain requirement they work on, through Google Classroom. Being able to help students even remotely is the best thing!

Cons

Now, even if a teacher in our department can't make it to a class, or even if I can't make it to work because of unforeseen events, the students on the other hand can still attend the class and make the class hour a productive one. We just need to upload a lecture and activity for the students to work with and the day isn't put to waste! It has been truly a positive and wonderful experience having to have Google Classroom as an aid, so no cons that I could think of. I am really liking it!

Student That Loves Google Classroom

It has made my schooling a lot simpler in terms of managing my assignments and due dates.

Pros

I mostly liked that I am able to keep track of my school work using google classroom. My teacher always was up to date on assignments and i wouldnt get notifications for when something is due or when we have a new assignment and it is very simple to use as a student knowing that I had other classes and homework to manage as well. Love being able to make my school life a little easier with the help of google classroom!

Cons

Sometimes I needed to find a certain assignment and there is no search engine within the app to find a specific title.

Edith from RSU40

Streamline project delivery

Overall, my students and I like how easy it is to use Classroom. They can find the resources they need and I can deliver feedback or additional materials easily to all the classes I teach.

Pros

Since Im not going to let my students randomly search the interwebs, Classroom makes it easy to link or upload everything they need to research a topic or complete a writing project. I use Classroom to link all our materials during a unit so my students can respond during the unit or reflect on their earning.

Cons

Google fixed some of the issues Ive had in the past, so Im pretty happy. Being able to order and reorder assignments is a big improvement.

Chad from Frank Mitchell Intermediate School

Great for any classroom

Being able to communicate with all of my students instantly and get their responses at the push of a few buttons has been a life changer. Thank you, Google, for making this!

Pros

This program is simply amazing with all of the options. We are able to give assignments and details, homework, and help students through electronic means. Even the parents can have access to what's going on in their child's academic life. It's also a great way to incorporate technology in the classroom and move away from the traditional worksheet or book assignment for each lesson.

Cons

So far, there is nothing I don't like. It's all good.

As good if not better than similar products that cost money

Pros

The best part about this software is that it is extremely intuitive. I needed to quickly design a short course for undergraduate students, and since my institution does not normally have much of an undergrad teaching infrastructure, we don't really have access to any of the main subscription services like Brightspace or Blackboard. This has to be the best and easiest software to use if you just need to design a simple course without a lot of assignment or moving parts/special projects.

Cons

For what I needed, this software did everything I wanted it to, and it did it very efficiently. I am not sure that This could be used for an official class at a university or high school, since I am not aware of it being able to connect with the school's network in any way.

Richard from Traliant

I love this product!!

This is a great product and very easy to use. I love how teachers can leave notes for the kids and in my opinion this makes it a bit more fun to do homework. I wish they had this when I was in school.

Pros

I love how students can do their homework online and click on the submit button and it will go directly to the teachers eliminating chances of the homework being lost, forgotten, or eaten by the dog.

Cons

The only drawback is very minor. I have noticed that some students (my kids included) confuse the share button with the submit button so instead of submitting it to the teach they share it instead and they don't get credit for turning in their homework. This can be fixed with a pop up advising the kids that they're actually sharing the work and not submitting it so it is an easy fix.

Catie from CCSD93

Best way to organize work for students

Using Google Classroom is such an easy way to keep assignments, quizzes, and other student work organized. Using digital resources is a much better option rather than piles of paper everywhere. I like how you can add links (this way students are not free searching online), photos, graphs and charts, and virtually anything else you want to provide your students with. Google Classroom is a huge asset to have in the classroom.

Pros

I loved using Google Classroom with my students. It is so easy to add website links, post information, add assignments, and keep everything organized without the piles of paper.

Cons

I have not found anything I don't like with Google Classroom.

Karen from Benton High School

Google Classroom

This makes management of my classroom much easier, especially on sub days or when needing to communicate to students who are absent. I'm a huge fan!

Pros

This has been a game changer for me in the classroom. It makes it easy to communicate with my classes and to post important information. I can do a LOT more when I'm out or we have e-learning days as well.

Cons

There are limited features and quirks. I wish everything showed up on the feed and that there was a way to file it away into folders by units that would move old stuff OUT of the feed once we're done with it. But overall it's easy to use and helpful.

Stacey from Education Management

Google Classroom is a teacher's best friend

I created classrooms for my students. I was able to teach 5 year old children how to log in and find our google classroom. My students were able to navigate the internet safely using the assignments I had created. Parents were able to log students in at home and provide extra practice for their child using the exact lessons I am using in the classroom.

Pros

This program enables me to teach my first graders how to navigate through the internet safely. Google Classroom makes it so easy a 5 year old child can easily log on and complete classroom assignments with not problems.

Cons

There really is no con for me. I love everything about this program.

Mindy from North Newton Jr-Sr High School

A game changer!

I use Google Classroom daily. It's such a great way to connect with my students in and out of the classroom.

Pros

I taught before Google Classroom existed, and I can tell you that Google Classroom is a game changer. I love how easy it is to connect with students. They can access their makeup work on there. If we have an e-learning day they can still learn from home. It is amazing.

Cons

I wish it wasn't a feed. I'd like to have it organized on a calendar. I would like my students to be able to see a calendar and click on a day and find what they need. Scrolling through the feed is frustrating.