• Pros

• "The software is very easy to work with and the support staff is very helpful."

• "The program has many great features, and possibilities. Integration with Frames Data is quite helpful. "

• "I only used this particular software at my old clinic and it was great. Very easy to use and a cost effective choice for our small business."

• Cons

• "I do wish we had more education available about updates when they happen. Any software is going to have a few bugs but overall, I cannot complain much."

• "There's annual support fee. There are too many folders, and it's not easily customizable. I now have to buy extra software to increase the database. Support is not available on the weekends."

• "Sometimes it takes more clicks to get to a different part of the patient chart than you would expect."

Browse My Vision Express (Eye Care Leaders) Reviews

Riina from CEC

Professional, Intuitive Software

Pros

At the optical where I work, we recently upgraded to a new billing/clinic software called MVE. I think this program makes the program we used to use look like the kiddie table of optometric computer software. It's easy to use, making medical billing 100x easier for staff. The exam script looks professional, and we can even add our logo to anything we print out! It's amazing. I love this software. It makes our jobs so much easier!

Cons

Mary from Mary A. Grant, O.D.

Great customer service. Great tech support. Great training. Great system. Value based.

Pros

The system does what I need it to do when I need it to do it. It's fast, efficient, precise, customizable and the tech support has been just as responsive. Unlike other EHR/EMR systems I researched, MVE worked with me on cost and let me add modules as I realized I needed them. The big companies have a set price for a set system (all or nothing out the door). I have now purchased almost every module that MVE offers and because I was allowed to experience each module separately I gained the skills and confidence to drive this system efficiently. I am just now beginning to appreciate the agility and resilience of the MVE programs. The onboarding team (your trainers) are the best in the business, as far as my staff and I are concerned. We call, they answer. I'm not giving up our trainer's name because he is the best of the best. He actually can work this system to its max and makes learning fun and simple. He remotes into our system and not only demonstrates the modules but makes us repeat the scenarios while he is logged in. He let's me show him all the damage I've done with the "customizer" button. And the best part - after hitting all the wrong buttons, deleting essential programs, and creating chaos in the name of "just because I can", the MVE team steps in and restores order and functionality; usually within a couple of hours depending on what time we call/email. MVE has the best video tutorials out there in addition to the live help.

Cons

"Gigo" garbage in - garbage out. If you don't take time and really learn how to manipulate MVE you will be dissatisfied. Thinking that you are going to buy this and it will magically read your mind will lead to big unhappiness. Like any AI (it will give back what you put in).

Gerry from Doctors Eyecare

Great Full Set of Features, Powerful communication tools for patient contact (text, call, email) but less than ideal support.

Certain support people are really good, training videos very good, but some support needs to be improved badly. The thing is, read the reviews and most company's support is pretty awful.

Pros

Can run in the cloud or run on your own server. What we do is run our own cloud and use Remote Desktop to access the program on our own MS Server. This is tremendous and powerfully flexible option that few PMS systems allow. The inventory is great, the reports are fine. Overall more good than bad. Great integration with all pre-test instruments.

Cons

The time to open the scheduler is frustrating!!!!!! This is the weakest point. I also wish the product was written on the Postgre SQL or the MYSQL database. as the MS-SQL they use is only OK. Also the hidden cost of it (free till 10,000 records I think) and the speed of it leaves something to be desired.

Cynthia from Carytown Optical

MVE is extremely slow. They need to update their server (so my IT guy says )

I went from paper records several years ago to MVE so of course I can say that having records in the computer is fantastic. We are able to market to specific customers, check our inventory count for best selling frames etc.

Pros

I am now several years into using MVE. I have spent the time to have all of my inventory and my customers info put into the MVE software so I do not want to switch at this busy time. With each upgrade I have been in hopes that MVE would have the slow problem resolved. It is worse than ever. It takes a tremendous amount of time for each page to load and to print pages. I have spent a lot of money on an IT professional to make sure I had my mainframe computer hardwired, that I had the top commercial router and that my wifi speed is at 1000. The problem is within MVE. Trying to communicate with MVE about anything is extremely frustrating. You must make an appointment to speak over the phone. I give MVE an F in customer serverice and product efficiency.

Cons

It is so Freaking Slow. I've had two different IT professionals verify that the problem is not with my equipment or my internet provider.

Alisha from Blink Eyewear

Easy to use with many great features

Easy and clean program to work with. Easy for new staff to learn. They are always improving their features. Overall very good. I heavily researched all the programs available and this was bar far the best.

Pros

Orders module makes it easy to place orders. Exam module is quick to navigate and flows well through out an exam. Support is normally good at getting back to you. Easier if you use their Live Chat feature. Love the time clock feature for staff to clock in and out. Messages module works well to leave notes for other staff/doctors (but it isn't an instant messenger system)

Cons

Reporting Portal - loads slowly. Would like better metrics reporting such as gross revenue per patient etc (metrics from the Management & Business Academy report). Calendar takes a long time to load, but when loaded, it works fine. Calendar only shows 5 doctors at a time, have to use the drop down menu to show the other doctors each time you open the calendar. (We have up to 7 or 8 schedules that we need to see simultaneously).

Melissa from St Croix Vision Center

My Vision Express is probably the worst

Pros

My Vision Express was fairly affordable, had a lot of features that we were never able to fully utilize

Cons

Constant glitches in the system, Not user friendly at all

Danyel from Best Care Vision

danyel

Pros

the customer service is prompt at getting back to you

Cons

its not very up to date with the rest of hr sofwares

Bonnie from Hunter Vision

All in one spot

Pros

Easily navigate through the electronic records at several sites. Support is great and always friendly. They are quick to respond.

Cons

There is so much information packed into one software. I am sure there is a lot that we are not utilizing due to the capacity of the program itself.

Heidi from Kitsap Optical

February 2015

MVE works with our office

Pros

The support! The people are very kind. They have an answer for everything, and if they don't, they will get it for you!

Cons

The insurance fee schedules are very confusing. I've been working on setting them up for almost a year now.

David from David M. Girardi, OD, LLC

An Apple-applicable practice software and EHR

Pros

I like the ability to get questions answered. Also, they are constantly upgrading and making improvements for EHR operations.

Cons

I have compatibility issues with my Apple computer. We use a Microsoft app to allow compatibility, and it tends to freeze and lock up on us.

Jonathan from Abba Eye Care

Great for Customization

Even through the changes within their organization, My Vision Express and Insight Software have maintained a strong business relationship with us, an Enterprise account. As I'm the primary contact for our business relationship, I'm very grateful for our representatives and their knowledge in the software.

Pros

Very customizable, especially if you have an onsite staff member who is advanced in SQL troubleshooting. We use the local install, so we can typically troubleshoot most issues in-house. Whenever we come across a feature that's not available to be customized, we will contact our Enterprise rep to submit the enhancement request. Great working relationship between our organizations too.

Cons

Granted, MVE has many training resources available to our company before anyone here knew what MVE is. Once we started to mold our processes to reflect our internal policies, we got to work with our rep to make changes to our processes, but there are many items that cannot be hidden (in the customizer) from our end-users. This presents the need for a lot of in-depth training that takes time and money.

Steven from Eye Care Center of Ocala

Best EMR for eye care

I bought this software in 2009 and have never considered changing.

Pros

Easy to customize, they are always pro-active about updating the software, there's a lot of functionality and integration with equipment. Compared to other optometry EMRs this is by far the easiest to use.

Cons

It used to be hard to get a hold of technical support but it's a lot better now. I think they hired a lot of new support people. Also the support is local.

Lesley from Regina J. Elkins, OD, LLC

Manager

Pros

It will work most of the time as a practice management software. I say most of the time, because sometimes that does not work, and payments and social security numbers are lost.

Cons

This software is a terrible electronic healthcare software. Every year we have tried to attest to meaningful use (now MIPS) and the software does not work. For example, for 2017's reporting period, we were told at the beginning of 2017 we would be able to report clinical quality measures through a registry. Then, in the last quarter of 2017, we were told to use the MyVisionExpress' CQM report. We spent hours and hours trying to get our report to generate numbers. MVE staff tied up our server for hours trying to fix errors. Then in January 2018 we were told we have to submit CQM's via claims during 2017. This is the way it has been every year. We want to avoid a negative payment adjustment from Medicare, but MyVisionExpress is not capable of staying up-to-date on Medicare's requirements.

Tonya from Moran Eye Center

Continue to struggle with getting support in a timely manner

I would NOT recommend this product simply due to the lack of support when issues arise. We input HIGH priority tickets and don't hear anything back for weeks or months. The turnover in staff causes their support to be inexperienced because they are still so new and being trained.

Pros

Cons

Anytime a new version is released, it breaks other features and we cannot get timely support to get our issues fixed. When we need a feature fixed or added, it takes months to resolve, if it ever gets resolved. We are being told there is no one to help us set up new reports or train us on the Reporting Tool, as all of their staff that built the program have left the company. We have not been able to get the requested information to integrate with Epic, despite multiple requests over 12+ months.

Melissa from St Croix Vision Center

My Vision Express is a great software

Pros

Cons

At the time of using My Vision Express I didn't really have any complaints, until I started at my new clinic and we were using another software. There were many features available with the new software that My Vision Express did not offer.

Ryan from Luxury Eyesight LLC

MVE is NOT for Mac Users

Pros

In theory it seems to be easier to use than most other vision software programs. Customer Support is mostly there.

Cons

If you are a Mac user than it sucks. I do not know why they would not make this compatible with Apple computers, who is still using a PC?! If you are adamant about using a Mac than Parallels (Boot Camp) is a must as it will allow you to switch between Mac and Microsoft instead of using the Microsoft Remote Desktop App. This Remote Desktop is constantly lagging and crashing. If you are using a Mac and you want to do an eye exams quickly or checking someone out efficiently than this probably isn't for you. If MVE would make a Mac version by someone other than a doctor rather someone who knows user friendly capabilities than you wouldn't hear a peep out of me. Customer Support is there but they take a very long time to fix anything.

April 2015

Alexis from Eye Surgeons and Consultants

April 2015

Very Easy and Powerful

Pros

My Vision Express is very easy to use. Right now I'm only using it for the practice management, mainly for inventory reasons. I can keep track of what comes in and leaves the practice very easily. Also, no more writing orders, which means no filing. (LOVE THAT) As for the vendor, the support has been excellent. Any issues I have run in to (very little by the way), have been resolved very quickly.

Cons

At the moment, the only thing I can think of is the allocation portion of the program while taking payments. Soma payments don't allocate accurately and they have to be fixed manually, but this is pretty easy to do also. I haven't tried it with the checkout turned on though, so we'll see if that helps. Other than that, I can't really think of any negatives.

Olivia from LensCrafters

All in one optometrist tool

Pros

I like that basically everything you need - scheduling, chart notes, billing, etc. - is included in one program.

Cons

Since everything is all included - scheduling, chart notes, billing - if there was ever a problem with the program, or if we were waiting on an update, it felt like our hands were tied and we couldn't do much of anything.

Alanis from pearle vision

Amazing Customer Service Reps at My Vision Express

Pros

I really am in great appreciation of our Customer Service Relations Analyst. She always is finding a way to help me with some program issues, which I haven't had that many. She refers me to the department needed if the issue is out of her hands. My issue is always handled the same day! She's so bright and awesome.

Cons

We can not do Eye Med insurance or Humana insurance through this program. I was told that this would be added soon.

Josh from Greater Optics

The most amazing software.

Loved this Software.

Pros

Everything is right there in the palm of your hand. It does everything you can think of and more. I was blown away when I was introduced to MVE!

Cons

Customer support can use improvement but they were still very helpful to me. The price might be a little high but worth it in my eyes.

July 2015

Tracy from Visionhealth Eye Center

July 2015

Clinic Manager

Pros

I like all the functions the software provides. The product keeps up with the newest trends and changes in optometry. The vendor is great always helpful when issues arise.

Cons

We are server based and I am not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I wish the software would change screens quicker. It seems as if you are going between screens (example: calendar to exam) it takes a lot of time for it to load.I wish the vendor provide more notification when an update or a new patch is being dropped.

Amie from Pacific Eye Surgeons

Great Software for Optical!

Pros

Easy to use. Great Inventory management. Interfaces with Labs/ Insurance/ Marketing/ CLX are fantastic!

Cons

Reports features are not as strong as I would like but I am more picky and analytical than the average Optical Manager.

January 2016

Mayur from Mayur Desai Optometry PC

January 2016

Not worth consideration for busy practices.

Pros

The program updates regularly. It looks good and has an acceptable layout. It is customizable.

Cons

Poor customer service and response times. It can take up to a week to get resolution. The cloud-based software runs slow and is unreliable and goes down frequently, crippling our busy practice. My patient flow is much slower using this program, than with paper. Reports are not comprehensive. Billing in US$ vs CAD when doing business in Canada.

Roy from Victor Family Eyecare

March 2015

This system has all what you would need to run an optometric practice

Pros

It is simple to use and you could find self help at support.myvisionexpress or by calling the help desk to walk you through issues.

Carmine from NEV, inc.

May 2014

MVE POS is a smart choice!

Pros

It's easy to use and simple to teach your staff. It's very customizable! It's a turnkey program. From accounting to reporting and recalls, it is everything you need to run an optical shop.

Cons

The insurance setup is time-consuming. Onsite training would speed up the setup. There are still glitches with the new version.

April 2016

Raj from Doc Vision

April 2016

Stay Away From My Vision Express

Pros

Selling Pitch & their Demo

Cons

There software works great on there demo mode but not in real time. It lag and keep on deleting info. If you get to there tech support they will blame you for everything.

Frank from Holland Accu Optical

Two Thumbs Up!

Pros

It literally takes all our paper waste away, and now we have a database of our customers and their information, purchases, and prescriptions.

Cons

There isn't too much not to like about the program. The beauty of the program is that if you have something that needs to be added or customized, it's simple and easy to do.

August 2014

Greg from Douglas J. Lavenburg, MD,PA

August 2014

If you want more frustration and aggravation in your life, buy it.

Pros

The application is designed to handle optical sales.

Cons

My biggest issue is with the support policies and management. The people who work there try very hard to be supportive and helpful. Bad business policies and management direction results in disgruntle customers.

May 2014

Rosa from Optom-Eyes, P.A.

Review of MVE

Pros

It's an easy EMR without too many components. Their online support is good.

Dr. Amanda from Solomon Eye Associates

1.5

Nothing but a Nightmare

Pros

I liked the e-prescribing functionality, which allowed me to directly import medications for certain patients who use e-prescribing into the medical record (this costs extra, though).

Cons

The vendor portrays the product better than what it is. The recall functionality has glitches, and I am losing the ability to recall all of my patients from last year. They do not have a default invoice that includes the amount a patient owes with a tear off section at the bottom. To do that would cost hundreds in customization. This should be default for any business.

Christina from Eye, Etc.

October 2014

MVE is not what we thought it would be

Pros

There's not much I like about it.

Cons

The customer service is horrible. We don't have time to call every time there's a problem, which is daily. We were told that this system was ready to use but have had to endure many "upgrades" or "builds" We've been told that it wouldn't change much. But there are 70 pages of info on it. Maybe my opinion of "not much" and theirs differ. On average, it takes two weeks to get a phone call back from tech support. I recently told one of them that, and they told me that I'd get a better response by e-mailing them. Why wasn't this the protocol from the beginning?

the 1980's called and they want their software program back!

painfully slow implementation. Slow software. Bugs and problems every day. Had to switch to a new EHR after 30 days.

Pros

It's a barely functional EHR that does the bare minimum

Cons

Where do I start...terribly implementation and support. No customization. It is not a "cloud based" software -- it is a windows program and only works with windows devices - not mac, iPhone or iPad. Super slow. Seriously looks like a software program from 1980's.

Diane from Dr. Janet M Helms

MVE Express

Pros

The software is very easy to work with and the support staff is very helpful.

Cons

When they make changes sometimes they have to correct things that worked before and not working with the updates.

Michelle from Rose Optical

MVE is amazing

Pros

The best part is that they always have a solution to problems! They are very friendly to doctors and staff.

Cons

There nothing that I do not like about the product.

Nadia from Pearle Vision

My Vision Express - Insight Software

Pros

My Vision Express is easy to use, meets all my EHR and POS needs, is affordable, and has great tech support.

Cons

I've been using it since 2008 and have really never had a problem with it.

Anthony from Gulf Coast Technology Solutions

Install / upgrade of MVE

Pros

Their customer support is the best, and that's why I would recommend it to anybody .

Cons

There is not one fault that I can find with the vendor or its product.

Donna from Central Vision Care

Office Manager, Billing

Pros

The excellent help in answering all our questions on how to best use the program. The staff who help who are very patient and clear in solving all our problems.

Cons

I wish they were here in person. But their help over the telephone is excellent. All support is quick to respond.

Rob from Lennar

Sort of Clunky, good 3rd party integration

Pros

Relatively inexpensive, support is quick to respond, and it integrates pretty well with many patient care/management add-ons.

Cons

The UI is sort of clunky. The suggestions for completion can be more annoying than helpful. The form modification can be finicky as well.

August 2016

Benjamin from Lifetime Vision and Eye Care, Inc

August 2016

Average product.

Pros

The software is optometry specific and is complete for office management, optical management, as well as takes care of everything on the doctor side. As long as you don't need help from MVE directly, you can get by.

Cons

The technical support is terrible. The cloud connectivity is very unstable even with the fastest internet service from Comcast or ATT.