• Pros

• "What I like most about this product, It's very user friendly, Customer support is at your finger tips, love the tutorials, quick is easy scheduling and billing. very pleased."

• "The product support is excellent, and the product is also easy to use, even for the not so tech savvy!"

• "I love the user friendly function of the system. The billing portion ins great to use. The tickets are easy to get out. I really dont have anything else to add"

• Cons

• "I don't like how the system freezes at times but I know they are working on it. It has improved dramatically . "

• "the only thing I can think of is the updating of Java to run the program, some times is a pain. but once it's update it's all good."

• "Modifying templates was a little difficult. Overall the software was great until advanced md took over and stopped the updates. Also it seems to have slowed down a lot after they took over."

Browse NueMD Reviews

September 2014

September 2014

Fast set up and implementation

Just like everyone else I was very skeptical with choosing a billing software. I feel that it is an important decision especially for a growing clinic. I choose NueMd because of its ease of use and training available. They help you to set up your business information as well as answer questions along the way. There is always someone available to help in the chat or they are very prompt to return your phone call.

Pros

Training, multiple users, access anywhere with an Internet connection, fast set up and implementation.

Cons

Learning a new software.

Stephanie from JMH Physician Billing, Inc

User Friendly Software with Great Pricing Options

I found this software for a client that wanted to use a software that would integrate with their existing Practice Fusion EHR and after some research, we chose NueMD for this practice. This software is very user friendly. I was able to set up the system with the little assistance needed from their training department. However, the training staff was very friendly and helpful! I was so impressed with this software and its support staff, that I have since switched to this software for my own billing company. One appealing consideration for this software for me was their pricing options. The monthly fee is based on your EDI usage, not by provider or user. This is great for companies like mine that services smaller groups. It is nice not to have to spend as much for the client that only does 20 billings in a month vs a client that does over 500 billings in a month. They also have a built-in clearing house that you are required to use. I will admit, I was a bit put off by this at first. I had used the same clearing house for most of my career! I was hesitant to leave them, but it was unwarranted. The NueMD clearing house is actually a great feature. It is very time efficient to have the EDI tracking automatically noted right into your claim. And the cost is included in the monthly fee, so that was another expense that was done away with! Not only do I now pay less for each client than I did before, I no longer have the additional clearinghouse fee. The training and setup fees are also VERY reasonable. They also go at your speed for the training. After 15 years of setting up various billing softwares, I was not wanting to sit through two weeks of training that was unnecessary. While they DO offer the full on training for staff that does not have extensive software knowledge, they were willing to work with me and set up my training to my specific questions and verifying that the setup I did was correct. For me, this was a huge plus that was not offered by other companies. I will say that it does lack some bells and whistles and I cannot speak of the EHR component as I do not utilize that service, but overall it is a great billing software and I would definitely recommend them! I made the switch 6 months ago now and my client has been on for 9 months. We are both very happy with our choice in this product.

Pros

Pricing, ease of setup and use, claims management screen is a great tool, EHR integration, pricing, support staff, amazing user guides!, clearinghouse included, oh and did I mention GREAT PRICING??!! One of the best assets of NueMD is the New Account rep, Michael Palmer! What an amazing rep! He stays with you until the end of your set up. He follows up with you on a regular basis to ensure all aspects are being completed as quickly as possible. I have never experienced that before. Usually, once you are handed off to the training and setup, you don't hear from the New Account rep. Not the case with this company. Mr. Palmer is wonderful!

Cons

A/R report lacks patient information. This is frustrating for old-school billers like me that love their reports, but the claims management screen tend to make that a non-issue as all the information you need is on that screen and that screen has all the claims on your reports. Reports, while they can be customized and sorted, there are limited choices in the customizing and sorting. They do have additional reporting packages though if you need advanced reporting. You can only have one session open at a time. Some billers like to have multiple sessions open so that they can field calls while still working on other things without losing a place.

Carla from Terra Nova Medical Group

Not intuitive - NOT designed for Medical Doctors

Make a list of the basic task the doctor does to complete a chart. Then ask them to show you how they perform that task. Don't be like me and take for granted that a doctor can pull up a med, and see the mg dosing, or use a simple auto correct, or upload and save a form without waiting so long it delays your intake. Perhaps choose another software that is actually designed for medical doctors.

Pros

Looks professional and has nice colors. It has caused us to become creative and design our own "work arounds", which are costly to our practice but necessary to use this software.

Cons

The software freezes constantly requiring to reload it. The pharmacy meds are listed by full name, then NDC, then mg. They list a multitude of NDC numbers that the doc has to "choose" in order to auto fill. Cannot see the mg of med because the window is so small, requiring the doc to scroll down and across to find the right med. What doctor will know the NDC no. the pharmacist will use? A mystery! Doing the shortcuts for common meds is very time consuming since a lot of meds are prescribed and you must input those individually and for each doctor separately. The software will not allow more that 10mb to be uploaded into a chart at a time, and each page takes 10 seconds to save, blocking the use of the software until the save is completed. To upload a 25 pg medical chart scanned to the patient's record requires you to separate it into 5 pages each, wait for the minute to upload before you can move on to the next batch. More than 5 minutes to compete the process before you can use the software. A killer for an office that needs to upload various forms we complete for patients. A CD with 160mb to upload? Impossible. They don't have the common auto correct for medical terminology that other softwares use, requiring time consuming corrections by hand. Any fixes take months and you have to hound the support team to do them. They have to send the requests to a tech committee to review it. They never respond to your request, especially when they cannot or will not do the fix. Now that they are merging with AdvancedMD, they won't consider a fix unless it is urgent. Wait! Our fixes were requested long before the merger, over 6 months ago! And the one task we were promised to be fulfilled within three weeks of our purchasing the product (and as a condition of purchase) is still not done, and it has been over 6 months in the waiting. You cannot see more than one page on the screen so you can review an area while writing the chart. Sadly the staff are unaware of how a busy medical practice is run, or perhaps their hands are tied because the software falls very short of being useful for a medical practice. Not a good match for busy doctors. Many more issues, but I've run out of space.

Kari from Family Practice Walk in Clinic

Great billing software

So far this is the best billing software that I have used. I was using a different software prior to the switch and I love it! Nuemd is so easy to learn and use. It makes claims and billing go so much faster. They really do have it figured out to help out with production. I have recommended this product to several other physician offices. The scheduler is very easy to customize to any practice schedule. Easy to use with multiple locations without confusion! Nuemd was very easy to adjust to. Learning it was so easy and there is such great product support. Nuemd helps make the billing so much more effective and claims are paid a lot quicker with fewer rejected claims. Also, I LOVE that it is web based that way you can access it anywhere with the internet. That makes a big difference with multiple locations.

Pros

It was very easy to learn and use. Very effective product for our multi-location office. Great product support. Claims are processed quickly and rejections are down to almost none!

Cons

There is not much that I do not like!! This really is a great product. No complaints on my end so far and I have been using it for 2 years.

February 2014

Kimar from Women's Wellness LLC

February 2014

NueMD. The answer to my PM needs.

Pros

I love NueMD's user-friendly Practice Management software and their Technical Support/Customer Service Team. The application is a breeze to learn, use, and teach to new staff members. I wear multiple hats in my office, and NueMD makes it very easy for me to switch between hats without being overwhelmed. With a system like this, I don't really need support anymore. However, a support team member is always a click away through VNC connect, so I don't even have to spell out my issue in detail. I can just click and connect. Then a representative will see my screen and take care of my concerns. A great feature I hardly see in other PMs is what I like to call "user login transfer." NueMD is a web-based system so you can have access to your system on the go with any browser that has Java. Now say you're a doctor that works with two different systems. Chances are that you have different login information. With NueMD, that's a little different, you can carry your same login credentials between both systems with only an account code to represent the other system. It's just one less thing to worry about if your already a user of NueMD.

Cons

NueMD software comes with a billboard feature on the home screen. A notification pops up whenever a new message/update/news is received. It's okay for the vendor to want to keep all clients informed but I'm never excited to see that "new message" notice on my screen when I log in first thing in the morning. Then I have to retype my password to confirm I've read it instead of just closing it out. Of course, this feature can be changed though the main admin account; however, I'm still not a fan of this little feature.

Johnette from R2 Wellness Medical Group

Great sales job, but horrible support

Our providers absolutely HATE this EMR. Way too long to chart anything and extremely complicated. If someone views an encounter while you are working on it you LOSE everything you wrote. No way to fix this and NO NOTICE. Extreme wait times for customer service with personnel who don't know their own system and give you WRONG information frequently. Save yourself a lot of grief and AVOID this system!

Pros

bidirectional billing for easier accounting.

Cons

Acquired shortly after we implemented, with HORRIBLE support afterwards. No longer supporting the product and refuse to make any enhancements or fix any problems.

March 2014

Robin from Riverside Billing Service, Inc

March 2014

Riverside Billing Service, Inc. Review of NueMD

Pros

NueMD is user-friendly for all ages. Our practices encompass staff of all ages, some of whom may never have used a computer and were still able to use most functions. The demographic screen is easily understood, as is the insurance screen. I like the fact that as a billing service for the provider, I am able to assign the office staff certain fields to fill in, and I am able to complete the information for their insurance with the insurance card scanning module. It reduces a lot of headaches if I am able to enter this information from the module. The capability of being able to create separate billing HCFA's is also a great feature. Remembering to enter or delete info in other billing programs is a hassle when you have limited staffing and/or time. Creating a HCFA for a specific service or dos is a great asset. Our practice doesn't use the e-payment module for personal reasons, but I understand it to be a wonderful feature. Being able to post a personal message to a patient and it print on their statement has been a time saver for me. Again, as a billing service, I service two other providers, and their software does not, so I find myself wasting a ton of time handwriting messages to them. NueMD PM, customer support, and client services staff have all been very fair, accommodating, educational, and friendly to me over the past seven years. I do not have a reason to discontinue my use, have referred them to other provider practices, and will continue to do so.

Cons

Some of the reports are confusing to find until you run them routinely. Once you have mastered what you are looking for, it's smooth sailing.

Pam from Kathy Karamlou,MD inc

So Happy with NueMD

NueMd has taken the stress out of our claims and payment cycles. Our previous biller was holding claims for 2 weeks before sending them out and then never followed up on the transmissions that didn't go through. We rarely have errors with NueMD and if something gets kicked out by the Clearing House it is easy to identify and correct. We are able to send our claims out in 1 day and receive payments in 3-21 days.

Pros

We brought our billing in-house, and the training and support offered really eased the transition. NueMD made sure we had our accounts set up correctly and walked us through all the steps. I highly encourage purchasing the training if you are nervous about doing this yourself. They provided a workbook and weekly training sessions to make sure we would succeed.

Cons

There are some reports that would be nice features as we are facing QPP. I would love to have a report to print address labels for my patients, and a report that links encounters, dx codes, patient name and our Practice Fusion chart number. We are working with a Qualified Registry and this is something they need to pull data for the quality measures.

John from Lucy Daniels Center

Industry: Mental Health Care

I sought customer service when the Nue MD application I use multiple times per day on my MAC laptop stopped working unexpectedly. After first seeking assistance from our group's external IT contractors - their response was not as timely as I needed, nor did they have sufficient knowledge of the software to immediately diagnose the problem - our organization's billing specialist suggested I call Nue MD directly. She had used the web based and telephone support options successfully in the past and was optimistic Nue MD would be the logical place to find assistance. A wise suggestion. Although it took two separate calls to actually resolve the problem completely, both calls were answered in a timely way, one immediately, and the second call with less than a two minute wait. In both cases, the Nue MD representative was friendly, efficient, and knowledgeable. In both cases she used a join.me application to gain access to my computer to diagnose and resolve the problem. The solution involved downloading a recent update to Java from the internet. The representative was able to create a new short cut icon on my desktop for ease and conveneince of use. When future interferences arise, Nue MD will be my first call. I can highly recommend their professionalism and responsiveness.

alicia from Diagnostic Medical Testing, Inc / Home Medical Visits

Ease of NueMD

I am a non college graduate that has no issues using this product. It is very easy to understand and effortless to use. i would recommend this to any office.

Pros

NueMD is made for ease of use. I feel the color coding for different types of transactions makes it easier to visually determine what action may be needed next. Such as; insurance updates, payments received, or is the patient ready to be scheduled. I also feel the speed buttons make it faster to negotiate around the patient file; such as: am i updating insurance info, or do i need to add an a service to what was received, or do i need to add a memo.

Cons

They only thing i find for this product that i don't like about this product is in the financials. If you see a patient many times over the years the financial page can get very long. If there was a feature that once the ticket is closed it can be downsized or fan or cascade close. Giving you the option to review later or skip over intirely.

Kelly from Hamilton Professional Counseling

Frustrating

Pros

The system has a very clean layout. It is easy to use and you can easily transition from one task to another with minimal mouse clicks.

Cons

The customer service seems to be lacking. Especially during set up and withing the EDI department. There is a lack of communication on their end. It will take months to get it up and running and you will be paying for a service you may not be utilizing yet. We are currently in transition and adding a lot of new providers. We have been paying for the billing service without being able to use it. We currently have to enter claims into Availity for our new providers and also into NueMD so we can track when the payments do come in. It is double the work. We are currently pricing other systems and considering going with another company. Just know that you will have to spend a lot of time trying to get in touch with the EDI department and keeping up on their progress to get anything done. You may also experience issues when training. I have been trained on a few other EHR systems in the past and if you have experience you can pretty much figure this system out on your own. However, we did experience issues with the trainer failing to call on scheduled training days and not following through when we needed them to.

Response from NueMD

Replied October 2017

I'm sorry to hear about this, Kelly. Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. Please email me at jen@nuemd.com. I would love to discuss this further.

Mindy from College of Wooster

2.5 years EMR use, longer for appointment modules

Pros

The support staff is always pleasant. The appointment modules are intuitive, and allow a for separation of modules -- for us mental health versus clinic versus training room) as well as allowing configuration for overnight night patients.

Cons

We are a 24/7 facility, and with only designated individuals authorized to interact with support staff, a problem at 10 PM Friday night stays a problem until the next week. We used to be able to call anytime, but they changed that. The staff has been notified that the time and date change over to the following day at 8PM EST in some modules (though not in others), requiring manual entry in the text box. That has still not been addressed in a couple of upgrades. Also, medications do not show up everywhere, with one entry, and if fact sometimes disappear. Entire entries have been known to disappear, sometimes while you are still entering information. Vital signs have no means of manual entry for the times. This means if you could not enter them at the appropriate time (say due to power outage, server down time, etc.), all entries end up having the date and time stamp when you caught them up. It would be nice to be able to diagram injuries.

Response from Shanyce

Replied January 2015

Mindy- Thank you for posting your review! I have passed on your concerns and suggestions to our Product team, and I will be in touch with you once they have an update available for you. Thanks again for writing this review, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

February 2015

Kim from Physicians Pain Center

February 2015

Love this practice management software. Going on 5+ years

Pros

The ease of use makes this software perfect. It meets all of our billing/reporting needs for a five-provider medical practice. The support from NueMD has been awesome. They offer an online chat support feature, which eliminates so many "phone tag" and voicemail frustrations. The ongoing support in the EDI department for keeping the cashflow going is outstanding. I have had no problem training the staff, including my providers.

Cons

I really do not have any true complaints about the product or vendor. I do have some wishes, such that are probably practice specific for reporting or functionality things that would pertain to this practice. For instances, I would love more options for content and set up on monthly statements. But overall, I feel the product is excellent.

Misty from Christopher Medical Billing LLC

THEY DON'T CARE

Pros

Cons

The customer service is horrible. I've called and emailed many times with no response. When I first started using Nuemed they were amazing and actually cared about helping a new client. I guess because I'm a small business owner and only have four provider with them, I'm no longer a priority. When my contracts are up I will find another company.

Response from NueMD

Replied August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback, Misty. I'd like to sincerely apologize for our unresponsiveness. Due to technical difficulties on behalf of Capterra's website, we were not able to view to this review sooner. We would greatly appreciate an opportunity to resolve this. Please reach out to me directly at jen@nuemd.com.

Denise from East Bay Neurology

March 2015

Since we upgraded to NueMD my Insurance reimbursement rate went up..

Pros

I like everything about NueMD. The billing software is so easy. My reimbursement rate went up to 98%. The scheduling side is great. I like the color coding for each apt size. When ever I have been stuck on anything they have helped me with live chat or on the phone and even email. I am the office manger and biller. So I do all my billing at home and sometimes real late. When I have had an issue, I would email them and the next day when I returned to work in my mail box would be the fix to my problem.

Cons

I really have nothing bad to say about them. I was a little disappointed when NueMD and Sevocity Broke up. We had did keep Sevocity as our EHR. We have not looked into NeuMD's EHR. But if it is anything like the billing and scheduling it will be wonderful. I have nothing bad to say about the customer support. They are amazing and always so friendly.

Tiffanie from Medical Billing Solutions, Inc. (MBSCI)

Very User Friendly

Every time an update takes place we get better and better features! I love that you always have the most current version and it's super easy to use. It is a great product and I've billed on several different billing software's. It is by far my favorite to use!

Pros

It's ease of use. It's very easy to use and not super complicated. Bills don't get lost in the system or work ques.

Cons

I would like to see more features added with mass updates to claims. When I'm turning a patient to collections I'd like to be able to move an entire patient with one click rather than each date individually. Also when changing a patient's claims back to insurance after they were turned to patient, it would be nice to mass update the entire account rather than status each claim.

Kathryn from Medical Management Concepts, Inc.

Best Billing Software!

I have used NueMD for about 10 years with several different specialties - OBGYN, Family Practice, Urgent Care, Psych. It has worked extremely well for all practices. I have a small medical billing company, but I also do a lot of training for billing and coding. Using NueMD makes training easy! All of NueMD's support staff - from Sales to Technical Suport - are quick to respond and help! NueMD is definitely my preferred vendor! They make me look good!!

Pros

Ease of setting up new practice and getting both Front Desk and Billing Staff working quickly.

Cons

I do not like having to wait for reports - especially since most of my clients are pretty small practices, but not all reports are set up that way.

August 2014

Tami from Bright Futures Pediatrics

August 2014

Would highly recommend NueMD for your Practice Management. A++++++++++++++

I am the Office Manager here at a pediatrics office and I absolutely love this software. The majority of my time consists of the patient billing: entering of charges, posting of payments and printing of reports. Each of these are very simple to easy to use. My ONLY complaint is that searching for a diagnosis code, then inserting into the claim is a bit cumbersome. Still haven't mastered it yet, and have been here a year. Posting claims, correcting claims, posting payments and sending statements are all a breeze. Entering of patient demographics is easy to maneuver. The patient insurance screen is so simple. I have used a number of medical software programs, and the insurance screens are by far the easiest with NueMD. As a manager, I have to print many reports both daily and monthly. The ease of printing a variety of reports with NueMD has made my job easier as well. In addition, as the key administrator for NueMD in our office, my responsibility includes the addition of new employees. Such a simple process. Likewise, adding new insurance companies is a breeze. In regards to customer service, I feel very fortunate to have the availability to email Dotty at NueMD whenever I have questions. She ROCKS!!! It is very reassuring to know that I typically will receive a very timely reply. There has been a few questions that have taken quite a long time get resolved, but these involved technical support. I am quite certain that every situation can not be resolved immediately. Additionally, we seem to have "NueMD slow" times through out the day, and that can be quite annoying, although I am unsure how the connectivity to the "the Cloud" affects NueMD? In closing, I would highly recommend NueMD. Best Practice Management software ever!!!

Response from NueMD

Replied August 2014

Hey Tami, thanks so much for the review! It's great to know that you appreciate Dotty as much as us here at NueMD!

Andrea from Family Psychiatric Services

Industry: Mental Health Care

solo practicing physician having nothing but headaches with NueMD's nonfunctional EHR, technical issues with eprescribing, no eLabs, and 2 days to get support

There are a lot of bogus reviews to increase the ratings that NueMD is likely putting on the web. Why would an appliance company be using EHR and medical billing software and giving them 5 stars? Buyer beware!!!!

Pros

The only pro is that the billing software is easy to use. If you are only using this software for billing, it is straightforward and the clearing house has sped up claims processing for my practice.

Cons

The salesman gave me misinformation on cost and functionality during the demo so read your contract carefully. Training is minimal and must be scheduled during business hours. Getting support takes 1-2 business days and may require you to schedule an appointment at their convenience. One trainer was not available during an hour I had cancelled patient appointments to train. Employees have a very narrow job duties and can't answer questions about the system outside of their area (example: template, portal, elabs, eprescribing, billing are all separate and trainers only know certain portions of the software) and often do not follow through on problems. The EHR templates have never been corrected after 3 months. The eprescribing and elabs are contracted out to Change Healthcare and after two months of being told I would have elabs with the local hospitals, I was told they "weren't on the list" and I will never have elabs despite paying for a monthly service. It has taken 6 weeks to get a new receptionist the ability to log in for eprescribing. Refills request are continuing to be faxed to me so don't expect to be able to go paperless. If you hire them to do your billing, they will contract this service out to an outside company as well. The portal does not allow for the transfer of any documents, only secure messages. It's functionality is about a decade behind the times. Also, if patients want to pay online you have to sign up for a paypal account and pay the paypal fees. They attempted to sell me on their "seamless" credit card processor and I'm glad I went with someone else since you can't use your office credit card processor with online payments. This is not a user friendly system or company.

Kari from Arizona First Assistants

A Medical Software I would highly recommend

I am no computer guru, nor do I aspire to be. That is actually the beauty of NueMD. With the technology constantly changing and updates in the medical industry constantly being made, this is the perfect software in which you don't have to worry about keeping up with those changes. I had to do re-search for a new software program for our surgical assist practice. We wanted something internet based that we did not have to worry about system updates and backup's in addition to the ease of use from anywhere. My concerns were getting our providers set up with the electronic claims submissions in a timely manner so when we moved from one system into the next it would be as seamless as possible. Cost was also a factor. The initial set up fee and monthly fee was in line with it's competitors and sometimes on the lower end. The staff at NueMD helped this set-up process to be fast and manageable. Everything that we needed for our practice was something that we had option of use. Initially we sent out all of our patient statements but realized it was just too time consuming and not cost effective. We were able to adjust our account at a later date to subscribe to this service which was a financially sound decision. I also worried that being internet based that this could be an issue with constant conectivity. There have been very few times that the system has been down in the years that we have been a client and it was back up typically within the hours. I have found this software to be a great asset to our practice. I would highly recommend it to any medical practice that is looking for great quality, great price, ease of use and ample resource options with regards to questions and concerns.

Response from NueMD

Replied August 2014

Thanks for the review Kari! We love also the manageability of our cloud based software!

Rebecca from Rebecca Prather Brooks, PhD, LLC

Customer Service is the Best

Pros

Great customer service. Responsive to any questions and issues - quickly and accurately. Enjoy working with them and their people. Has a far range of features that you can either take advantage of or use on your own to customize to your needs.

Cons

Still some bugs that could be better. Continues to improve with each suggestion. Need to have some information consolidated on one screen when dealing with insurance companies, i.e., Date of Birth on same page as insurance plans and numbers

PEGGY from J.MORGAN LLOYD III MD

GREAT MEDICAL OFFICE SOFTWARE

My office has used NueMD for approxmately 8 years and I can honestly say the transition in to the program from our old software was seamless. It is the best software I have every used and would recommend it to anyone looking to update.

Pros

Their support system is always available if you have any questions, whether it be a representative on the phone or online assistance, I have never had an issued contacting them.

Cons

I cannot say we have ever had any issues with this product.

Response from NueMD

Replied September 2016

Thanks for your feedback, Peggy. We're happy to hear this!

May 2014

Natalie from Dawson Clark Chiropractic Clinic

May 2014

NueMD is the Must-Have Software for Your Practice.

Pros

The best features are the updates! There's no CD to install with all of the hassles that come with it; all updates are done for you. The next feature that we like the best about NueMD is the claim processing. It's so simple and easy. Select the claims to send, click a button, and that's it! If you have claims that can't be submitted electronically, NueMD will send them for you or you can print right from your computer. Another great feature is the claim followup. If a claim hasn't been paid within a certain time, you can resubmit with a click of a button, or you can have NueMD check the claim status. NueMD is also online software, and you can access it from anywhere. Not only that, but you can access it right from your iPhone or iPad. One more thing: there is online live help which is extremely helpful.

Cons

Our office does a significant amount of recalls, and we would like to have a feature in the last attendance section to print labels or at least export them to a spreadsheet.

Blake from Summit Diagnostics

Ideal Solution for your Practice Manager needs

Our practice has been a NueMD client for several years now and we have never looked back. NueMD is a great Practice Manager platform that adapts to nearly any practice type / specialty yet remains EXTREMELY user-friendly and functional. More often than not these days, vendors design systems that are overly cumbersome or too rigid for practical application. Just within our company, NueMD has successfully adapted and been applied to accommodate a Chiropractic Practice, Office-Based Diagnostics, Durable Medical Equipment, and even Inpatient / Outpatient Diagnostics. I can not emphasize enough how easy-to-use this platform is. Any average computer user could effectively navigate and work within the NueMD environment with little to no training within minutes. All of the menus and tasks are logical and straight-forward. Should trouble arise, it always helps that users are never more than a phone call or InstantMessage away from live help (from someone in the United States). Thinking back on the past 6+ years, I can not recall more than one or two times when we could not access the system, thus it is extremely reliable. NueMD has done a good job of keeping the program fresh and staying current with required guidelines and regulations via automatic updates and visual facelifts. From the practice point of view, one less thing we have to worry about goes a long way in allowing us to focus on our business. I would highly recommend this platform to any potential client in search of an effective cloud-based practice manager solution.

Response from NueMD

Replied August 2014

Hello Blake, thanks for leaving us a review! We are very pleased that our product works with your company on so many levels. We work hard to be available for our customers and love hearing from you!

Jason from Powers Recovery Medicine

Customizable & Personal Customer Service

Pros

You can design whichever templates you want they've got access to scores of public data and lists and up-to-date information which they can help you in a great and as you start to implement and discover small changes you want to make they are very responsive and quick at making them to make your life as easy as possible because even with a ton of preparation and reading you'd simply don't know what you don't know I think getting a product that isn't concretely structured is probably the best pro in addition they close second would be the staff at every level is responsive and great

Cons

There is no video telemedicine capacity at this time. Also some of the navigation at first is not as intuitive as I would've liked however it was easy to learn

Brandi from Sulphur Urology, LLC

Customer service is atrocious

We have used this software since 2013. We purchased the EHR portion over a year ago and were REQUIRED to receive the training that came with it - for an additional cost. The trainer was never aware of what was discussed in previous meetings and to date has never completed the requirements to access e-prescribing or e- lab results. Numerous follow ups and we are told the paperwork was never received. Each time it is resubmitted, 15 months later...still nothing... In addition, the many issues that arise with billing submission are rarely resolved by customer service. They send back a generic suggestion that is apparent they do not even thoroughly read the email. The building of the EHR is so time consuming and confusing (even after the $500) that we have STILL not had the time to complete the encounters. We are currently shopping for something with good customer service and pre-built encounters. The amount of money we are sending them monthly to not even have use is a waste.

Pros

data entry for demographics

Cons

the customer support, the EHR encounter building

Response from NueMD

Replied September 2016

Hello Brandi, Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that your experience has fallen below NueMD's standards. We would love an opportunity to make this up to you and will be reaching out to you directly. In the meantime, if you have any other comments or questions please email me at jen@nuesoft.com. Thank you for your time, Jen

Cori from Medical

Amazing service and product!

Excellent customer service and wonderful training available! Started the billing on my own, but my practice started to grow, so I switched to their billing service. Wow, is it ever easy now! I have perfect communication with my new team and feel even more confident in my growing practice to keep adding more patients since I know I can handle the volume on the business side.

Pros

I like the ease in which it is to use! I am an individual provider learning the ropes of billing! When I expressed that I was getting overwhelmed with the volume of bills I was putting through I was given the option of moving towards having their service do the submitting for me. Very inexpensive!

Cons

Wish it was cloud based. I am on the go, and don't always have my lap top with me. I travel to different practice locations so a cloud based solution would be wonderful.

Kerry from Dr Angela Spencer

NueMD the software of the future!

Overall this product is very easy to use and learn. Customer service are always really helpful. They are always coming out with newsletters that are helpful guides or new things they have added to the software for an update.

Pros

I love how everything transfers over to the next screen as long as you have saved your information. I also like how you can stop in the middle of completing the patient information and if you have new insurance to add you can just save and go to top and automatically set up the new insurance information for the facility and then hit back and it will take you right back to the page you were on previously. Software is very easy to learn and they have great training sessions also they can set you up with some guides that take you step by step through the process of getting started.

Cons

The only thing I do not like is when looking up dx codes it doesn't always take you to the correct code if you are putting in partial information and you have to word the dx just right for it to pull up a code you don't have stored in your settings. It would be a lot easier to have a encoder that also helps you with edits.

March 2015

Reva from MedRecovery Solutions Inc.

NueMD - Your New Best Friend

Pros

What I like best about this product is the versatility, and the ability to build your database for each sort of practice, facility, and auxiliary provider is the best I've encountered. The system is intuitive and obviously built around the needs and demands of everyday challenges encountered by Medical Professionals on a daily basis.

Cons

What I like least is that the product can tend to have times where changing screens can be too slow.

Carey from Health Care Practice Partners

NueMD Survey Review

Pros

The steps to add patients, their insurance and then create a ticket is a smooth process. I also like how I can get a report on claims transmitted for proof of timely filing as well as the acceptance/rejections reports.

Cons

Posting manual payments. I wish you could post all in one step instead you have to add a new transaction line for payment, adjustment and patient responsibility if there is one. I would like one line where you enter the allowed amount and the adjustment is automatically taken, a place to enter the payment amount, patient responsibility for copay, coins and deductible.

Julie from Premiere Medical Billing

This software is very user friendly

Fast and easy to use.

Pros

The thing I like most about this software is that it is easy to use, anyone can learn it quickly which saves me time on training employees. I also really like the support staff, you can call or do live chat.

Cons

The least I like about the software is that all my clients do not use it. I do work on other systems for some other clients and this one is by far the best.

June 2016

Jill from Haylex Medical Billing Inc

June 2016

Quick and easy to use

The software is easy to use especially when entering charges, claim batching and submissions. Also if a patient changes insurance after a claim has been filed its very simple to update insurance and resubmit

Pros

Easy access to entering new CPT, ICD10 and insurance companies while in middle of charge entry. I like that I can validate/scrub all the claims and select what I want to transmit or hold

Cons

Lack of a hot key to go from patient demos to the insurance tab. You have to stop each time and use mouse.

Response from NueMD

Replied July 2016

Thank you for your response, Jill. We take feedback seriously at NueMD and appreciate your suggestions. We've forwarded it to our Product Department. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Stephanie from Lacroix Family Chiropractic

Hard to get in contact with anyone

If you like to wait for answers and have to download a program that takes forever to load this is for you. If you like to have to keep telling the lm over and over again that its a cash patient to take it off hold then this is perfect for your company.

Pros

They did my billing and logged everything. Other than that its a slow program. They even had my phone number wrong on patient statements that they mailed out months after being billed and when patients would call them they would email me. When I asked them to change the number or had queations about the statements no one would respond.

Cons

I really hate leaving bad reviews. I hate to be this person but when you email people for 3 weeks and get 1 phone call and 1 email, something has to be said. The program it self is hard to use. You have to download it and it takes forever to load. Scanning and uploading everything is time consuming. When I reached out to billing for clarity on issues I had with patient statements no one ever got back to me. When I wanted to cancel it took me 2 weeks to get in contact with someone who could actually help. Almost a no later(4days short of) I have to call in and after 30 minutes I find our my cancellation date is in 2 weeks and the last bill will be in January. So I am essentially paying for services that should have been canceled because no one wanted to cancel when I first asked. I don't mind paying for November 16-December 16 because that's the 30 days notice that I gave them however the extra 2 weeks feels like extra money they are trying to take from me. Maybe it's because they never made a lot off of me? Either way, when they were trying to sign me up I got calls and emails. When I tried to cancel I got passed by email to email.

Response from Jennifer

Replied December 2017

Hi, Stephanie. I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I'd love to discuss this further. Please send an email to jen@nuemd.com and we can set up a phone call. I look forward to speaking with you.

Stacy from Oregon Mental Health Services LLC

Industry: Mental Health Care

For someone who started a job not really knowing anything about a computer new MD was very easy to use for somebody who is a beginner

Pros

Customer support, being able to do a live chat, promptness of a response. And easy navigation. Also the updates that are available to read.

Cons

As far as the cons oh, I wish there were more email lines especially when a client has more than one email or split parents. And also an extra line on the memo underneath the email to add additional contacts for that patient.

Teresa from David Kurtz M.D., P.A.

I am extremely happy with my total experience overall

Its easy to use therefore I have more time to focus on other office duties than billing. It also keep things organized and tracked more efficiently

Pros

It is so easy to learn and is user friendly. We were able to start transmitting claims in just a few days, and Medicare which can take up to 30days was approved to transmit in less than 10days. We started receiving ERA payments within 10days of billing out. I have been in the business for 30 years and I have to say that this has been the easiest transition of setting up and billing without any problems whatsoever that I have ever experienced. The training was easy and friendly. I was really impressed with each department specializing in their own field, and the introduction and welcoming was awesome as well as the user friendly Nuebie Notes to refer to if you forgot anything during training.

Cons

I haven't experienced any cons yet, I am very happy with everything so far. I guess I would have to say the only Con that comes to mind is that I wish I had found your business a long time ago.

MICHELE from DIAGNOSTIC MEDICAL TESTING & HOME MEDICAL VISITS

August 2016

WANT SOMETHING GREAT ? CHOOSE NUEMD !

USING THIS PRODUCT IS EASY AND STRESS FREE, WHICH IS VERY NICE IN THE ENVIROMENT OF THE WORK PLACE. ANYTHING THAT MAKES THE JOB EASY IS FOR ME

Pros

I LIKE HOW EASY IT IS TO NAVIGATE THROUGH AND ALSO BEING ABLE TO CHAT LIVE WHEN I HAVE A PROBLEM.

Cons

NOT BEING ABLE TO TRANSFER DATA FROM ONE PLACE TO ANOTHER.

Response from NueMD

Replied August 2016

Thanks for your feedback, Michele. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying our product.

Nicole from MD Billing Associates

NueMD overview

Great product! Customer service needs a little more work but overall I would recommend this product.

Pros

This product is very easy to learn and very functional for the day to day office use and practice management.

Cons

Customer service doesn't always respond to tickets that are emailed to them. If they do respond there is never follow up to make sure the issue was totally resolved.

Carrie from Advanced Chiropractic

Best Medical Billing Software

Pros

I love how simple it is to enter EOB details in to each ticket. Monthly billing to our patients is made very simple as well and the invoices look very professional.

Cons

Our Chiropractic doctor is not fond of the SOAP note options. Since he sees so many patients often times more than once per week, it is hard for him to use the SOAP notes in this program. He prefers that the notes be transferable with all information from one visit to another because visits tend to be rather similar. He was unable to do that with this program.

Response from JH

Replied September 2016

Thanks for your feedback, Carrie! I'm happy to hear youre enjoying using NueMD and about your positive experience with our training program. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us!

Daanish from IBH

Responsive support

Pros

The support team is responsive, and will spend the time with you. You have to be vigilant and persistent, but they will not turn you away, and have a vested interest in problem solving. In our experience with other vendors, sales will get you going, but then disappear. NueMD has a robust support system (and the sales staff still responds to you after you sign up).

Cons

Can get caught up in a loop of being sent to different departments. Usually though, if you let the person you are talking about know your frustration, they will take steps to help resolve your issue. And some people are GREAT about taking ownership of client problems.

July 2015

Diana from Professinal Records Review LLC

July 2015

Great Software

Pros

My expreience with NueMD was with tech support. I was having issues with java and running the program. When I was told by customer service that tech support was the department to service my issue, tech sipport took over and didn't leave me unattended until the problem was resolved and I even received a call the following day to ake sure all was well!!

Cons

Currentlhy, I am still in the process of using the functions to the fullest. What I am trying to work with is the scheduling piece.

Tina from Diagnostic Medical Testing

Nue MD is all you need

Keep up the great work!

Tonya from HOPT

Do NOT Purchase NudMD

Pros

Once therapist side of evaluation, daily, progress, and discharge notes were developed, they worked well. Good training on how to use with therapist side and intuitive. Decent ease with scheduling.

Cons

Billing side is a nightmare. Very poor training for front staff and unorganized. This system after using it 6 months is still way less efficient than our old billing software. We went electronic charts and scheduling to save time and money but excessive front desk time now needed and spend on billing and trying to get answers from clueless customer service. Unable to get correct or helpful advise with customer service or even manager of billing. Would not even answer simple direct emails or return phone calls for answers. Initial set up got our tax ID incorrect and did not get reimbursed from multiple insurances for over 6 months til we got an answer of the issue. I am still paying for two clearing houses due to an insurance still paying half the time through the old system and half the time in the new system. Very slow to get into and use even though cloud based. It took over 22 minutes until I could get back online the other day while I was treating a patient. And constant software updates screw up icons, scanners, or printers where we have to spend lots of hours on IT and problem solving. Beware do not ever sign a contract for this product. I can not wait until mine is up!!

Duyen from Medrecovery Solutions, Inc

Easy as 1, 2 3

extra buttons for expired insurances only

Pros

As a beginner computer literate person, it was very simple to follow the set up, as putting patient in, their insurance information and any documents.

Cons

in the notes tab, I would like to see where we can put the lines in order of how it would be easier for us in general to read and set apart

Calvin from Clientfit Technology Consulting

Simple and Easy to Use Billing Software

When i decided to start a billing company 5 years ago i must have Demo'd about 10 different platforms. They ALL did pretty much did the same thing but what stood out about NueMD is that it was a clean ,SIMPLE, and intuitive interface. The learning curve was low and getting staff up to speed on the software takes days instead of weeks. Highly recommend this software!

Pros

Easy to Use - Works and MAC and PC

Aimee from Gold Cross Urgent Care

I Like this Product Very Much

Pros

Our sales rep was very thorough in helping us understand the software and it's fees. We had a couple of hiccups at first but he assisted us in fixing them. I like fact that it is cloud based product and I can work from anywhere. I also use Practice Fusion as our EMR, and they work beautifully together. My superbills are easily sent to NueMD and our insurance denials are down to a minimum.

Cons

Sometimes posting payments is a little tedious, but with all the training and our user manual; the job gets done timely.

Response from KM

Replied September 2016

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Aimee! Im glad to hear youve had such a positive experience with NueMD and look forward to sharing your feedback with Michael.

LAURENE from HMV Diagnostic

Such ease with this program

Pros

I love that it is so user friendly to be honest. It has been easy to train new employees with it. The information is easy to get to under the tabs. Just plain easy to use

Cons

I don't like that all the tabs aren't available when you are in another so you have to go back then to the tab you needed

Geraldina from Wesleyan University Health Center

NueMD opinion

Pros

It has simple navigation when needing to locate and track patients for appointments or other medical needs. The billing program is quick and simplified, and it does not allow room for basic errors because of the design of the software.

Cons

For some reason, the system does freeze fairly frequently. The only solution is to shut down and reboot, which does make it extremely inconvenient at times. Also, we do not use EMR at this time for the University setting. Because I really haven't found much that I didn't like, that would be something that would make the system more complete for me. I am not that knowledgeable regarding the reporting features. It is not that I am dissatisfied, but a bit inexperienced with the specifics. Support is also average, but that is because I have not had too many reasons to call upon them. Billing could be a little more supportive, but again, I have no immediate problems, so overall, it is an easy software program.

Robert from Comprehensive Counselling

Industry: Mental Health Care

NueMD Great for the small practice

NueMD is easy to use. Its has an a great deal of resources for big and small practices. Its customer service is fast, friendly and extremely knowledgeable.

Pros

Great resources available for the small practice. A lot of automated features that enables a small practice to keep up with the fast paced ever changing health industry.

Stacy from Oregon Mental Health Services LLC

Industry: Mental Health Care

My experiences been good very accommodating and easy to navigate

I learned a lot

Pros

The customer support is top-notch. Easy navigation from screen to screen, easy to set up new codes, very easy to use for a new beginner

Cons

Comments on the patient page info example it could use another email section. Also more room for comments when a client has multiple contacts

KAREN from IOS

September 2016

Owner of a billing company

they over charge and don't fix their billing mistakes. They lock you into a contract, for a billing service that doesn't work.

Cons

being locked into a contract.

Response from NueMD

Replied December 2017

Thanks for your feedback, Karen. I'm sorry to hear about about your experience. Please email me at jen@nuemd.com and we can set up a call to discuss this futher. I look forward to speaking with you.