• Pros

• "It's easy to upload my files. It is also very easy to track once I have uploaded. I don't have anything to compare it to though."

• "I like the ease of use. Offers several different functions for the providers office that allows us to streamline processes."

• "- It integrates with one of our Practice Management software programs so we don't have to go on the website very often - The customer support is pretty fast, unless a ticket has to be escalated"

• Cons

• "Some of the graphs are difficult to use but I didn't go through the entire training on that so that is on me."

• "The set up is a little cluttered, but no big deal in the grand scheme of things."

• "I feel the scoreboard could be revamped a little. As far as cons go though our practice is very happy with Navicure. "

Browse Waystar Revenue Cycle Technology Reviews

Cyrena from Jackson Healthcare

Using Navicure for the 1st time was fairly easy.

Easier way to find the reason of the rejected and denied claims daily.

Pros

Navicure is absolutely great for daily reporting! There are various reports that can be review such as the daily productivity, rejection and denial type on your claims. You can work them by the denied reason, insurance company or the dates of service.

Cons

Some of the rejections reason/descriptions are not that clear and sometimes will need the help from customer service to determine the best way to fix however here is short wait time to get assistance. The rejection also sometime duplicate in more than on category but when one is completed it does remove it's self from the other categories as well.

derek from EAST JEFFERSON MEDICAL CLINIC

Used mainly for confirming insurances are valid/active

Day to day insurance validity checks and billing that has a set price per bill instead per page. National address database check before sending bills to the wrong clinic

Pros

Able to run my clinic day to day knowing that patients have valid insurance and possible deductible amount. Allows us to give best patient care without unknowing giving the patient a big bill that will be from care rendered and deductible amount. Zirmed increases my clinic's ability to inform patient of deductible amounts prior so that patient understands amount they may be billed and the reason for the bill. From this, it gives patients the autonomy in their care. Zirmed also has a billing service that allows for import from billing software with set prices per bill (not page) and it checks a national database with address to make sure the bill is going to the correct patient.

Cons

The may con I have had with this is that our clinic representative left the company and we were not informed and the phone number wasn't reassigned or disconnected, which left me waiting for a return call that never came. After calling customer service, I was then reassigned

Dorota from REHABILITATION ASSOCIATES, INC

Great resource

Overall Waystar has been invaluable to our company. It's a one stop shop for us for claims and payments.

Pros

This product is contracted with most insurance companies to submit Professional or Institutional claims all in one place. And, it also provides electronic remittances. Product is very easy to use and customer service is always there to help. We only use the product for claims submissions, remittances and patient billing. We don't use it for eligibility checks.

Cons

I don't like that we sometimes have to wait months for customer service to come up with a resolution for any claims issues we have. And, sometimes it takes weeks for a customer service representative to work on our cases. We also wished to would give us more details on patient eligibility, but they don't and so we don't use it for that.

Kari from IMBS, Inc.

There are better clearinghouses

I like that it integrates, but when I actually have to get on the website it's frustrating and confusing.

Pros

Cons

- There are many different packages so you might be able to do everything you need, but you have to pay for the most expensive package to do it. We have one of the more basic ones because we decided that it wasn't worth the cost since our PM did a lot of the same stuff already. But whenever I try something and it says we don't have that function, it's pretty frustrating. - You have to open a ticket to enroll an insurance payor, I think. That's how I do it and I can't find any other option for payer enrollment on the site. We have another clearinghouse we use that allows you to create enrollment paperwork so you can actually see what you need before going forward with the enrollment. - Patient Statements are on a completely different site with a separate login. I can see that we've uploaded a batch, but I have to go on another site to view the batch. - The "Purchased Products" section in Manage Account is very confusing. They don't just say what package you have and the services that come with it. It just list a bunch of their services and if you have them or not. You can filter out your Purchased services, but that still includes anything you've EVER had with them, even for a trial and then canceled. And it has a bunch of rates for each thing that I'm assuming are included in the bundle, but if so, they shouldn't list it. I would prefer explanations to what each service is, as well. It's just not very user friendly.

Kathy from Neurosurgical Associates, Ltd.

I have had great support from credentialing to claim submission.

Clean claim submissions. The transitions to 5010 and ICD10 went very smooth.

Pros

The ease of uploading claims and downloading ERA's. The ability to drill into claim rejections to find out where in the process the claim was denied and why.

Cons

Trying to determine if I'm choosing the correct payer from the drop down list. It would help to have a claims address attached to help reduce questions. Payer list sorting is a bit slow. It would help to be able to choose the beginning name letter to go to a group more quickly.

Denise from Coal Creek Family Medicine

Waystar is amazing!

Overall we're very happy with the software and would recommend.

Pros

The process of selecting claims to bill and seeing what you've already submitted is easy and the ability to correct claims on the spot is such a time saver. We are able to see payments in about 7 days which is helping our practice stay financially stable

Marci from Mariposa

Easy to use, great customer support

We have used Zirmed/Waystar for several years. It has improved our claims payment time and decreased denials.

Pros

We use Waystar to submit professional claims. Customer support has always been very good and the site is easy to use. Help features are also of great value when we hire new staff or need to find answers to questions.

Cons

I do not have any complaints or suggests for improving the software. It meets our needs completely.

Elana from Carolina Heart Specialists, LLC

Waystar has helped to bundle processes into one solution. Ins verification, Claims, and patient statements are all in one system.

Pros

Cons

Every time I log in to the system, I have to agree to terms of use. There should be an option to agree to this in the beginning and not have to do every time.

Thierry from Visiting Nurse Service of New York

Zirmed provides excellent revenue cycle management, it is easy to use and responsive

Pros

For my company, this product offers revenue cycle management and auto insurance verification. Contracting with Zirmed has allowed the organization to speed up their verification process and provide visits to patients faster.

Cons

As with every service, the software is not infallible. Quite unfortunately so, since it is an accurate product. Where it fails is with insurances that are not verified or for those that do not reach the clearing house, the insurance processor has to revert to a manual process to verify eligibility.

Joyce from River Valley Orthopedics & Sports

Waystar (Navicure + ZirMed) Review

I have depended on Waystar for many years (Zirmed) to process our electronic claims and remits.

Pros

Claims remits, taking payments from off site, ease of use

Cons

signing up for insurance remits and enrollment process is a bit complicated when claims are rejected and it's nothing you did, waiting on Waystar to fix, takes too long

altrina from buffalo wheelchair inc

Waystar/Zirmed

Pros

what I like most about waystar/zirmed is the ability to perform most of the functions I need with one program, I can verify most of the insurances we use including medicare and getting same/similar information from medicare. i love the rejected claims dashboard and how I can sort to be able to notice trends. they show the claim rejected by waystar/zirmed and claims rejected by the payer. patient payments are easy to use to make payments and have the ability to email a receipt immediately for a payment you took. but what I like most about the patient payments is the ability to set up an autopay this can be done with ca credit card or through a bank account. there are so many great functions with this I cannot possibly write them all down. a new function that was added when they switched from Zirmed to Waystar was the homepage. it allows you to set a homepage so now when log in it takes me the remit tab where I can see payments. we use waystar as our clearinghouse and submit and receive claims, remits electronically and can autopost payments from waystar to our billing software which cuts down on time if we would have to manually post.

Cons

I would like to them to add a way to have an open-ended autopay. if we have a patient on oxgyen and it rents forever we still have to put in a total amount so at some point it will stop.

Mike from Liberty Consulting and Management Services, LLC

Waystar (Formerly Zirmed)

Before we got Waystar (Zirmed), we would either submit the claims on paper (which is hard to track) or through the payers provider portal. We would need to maintain a dozen or so username and password for various websites. You would need to sign up for a lot of websites. With Waystar, all you need is one username and password. You can electronically submit claims to various payers with one click. Waystar will scrub the claim to see if there are any front end rejections. If the payer rejects the claim, you can correct it within Waystar without having to go back to the EMR and correct it. You can track your claims within Waystar. You can download an excel spreadsheet with the information you need.

Pros

You have the ability to correct claims that get rejected by the insurance company. Waystar will scrub your claims even before they sent it off you the insurance company. The layout is very user-friendly and straight forward. If the Payer allows it, remittance advice can be downloaded and uploaded to the EHR software. Claims can be copied if you have to enter them manually. YOu don't need to reenter the whole patient information over and over again.

Cons

You'll need to call in order to add a child account. The claims status should be updated if the claim has been paid. Right now, the last status you'll get us if the claim is recieved by the Payer.

Jenny from Children & Teens Medical Center

Great customer service and sales team.

efficient claims processing, denials management, great reports with comparrisons to others in the same industry.

Pros

Their customer service lives up to the 3 ring rule. Customer service are very pleasant and helpful on the phone. If your question is beyond that department they listen to all of your questions or concerns and directly transfer you to the right person/department to help with your needs. I am been very happy with their live training. The videos for additional tools and training are very specific you are able to accomplish what you need to learn. I have found the sales team to be very accommodating when renewing products. I have found their fees for the credit card /Payleap to be the best prices out there.

Cons

Not able to interface payments directly in to our EMR software. I know they have plans to eventually make this happen. I am hoping it will be soon.

Brittany from Columbia Urological Associates

6 Years of Use-Happy Customer

We were a fairly small practice when we started with Navicure (8 physicians) and grew to almost 30 providers. Navicure worked great even as we grew.

Pros

The messaging system you can use for issues/questions is usually responded to pretty quickly, reps are nice via telephone also. Easy system, user friendly. Didn't require much training. it gives you the option to correct claims directly in Navicure, or cancel and resend from your billing system. Printable reports when needed, easy sorting.

Cons

There aren't really any I recall, but it would have been very nice to have two way communication (meaning the changes made in Navicure would be sent back to the billing system). For this reason we chose to cancel the claims and correct them in the billing system to avoid the possibility of forgetting to update in the billing system after it was done in Navicure.

Jenny from Children & Teens Medical Center

From sales to accounting to support, all the employees have honored the 3 ring rule. Everyone is he

Expense! Although I do experience the value of your product and services as positive. I really think Symphony should be the standard application for users. There is so much more to help a biller get their work done and information available at their finder tips!

Pros

I especially like Perform Reporting for the fee schedules and payments. The graphs and drill down gives us many options to choose from. Claims appeal process is swift and the pre-written appeal letters really help a lot. It is a time saver to correct the claims in Navicure. I only have to change my claim status in ECW. Now that we are on Symphony I have more choices to look over and use. We are able to look at the ERA denials as well which has been very helpful. More information and drill downs.

Lauren from FYZICAL MetroWest

Great Clearinghouse

I have used Waystar for three years (when it was Zirmed first), and I have never had any major issues. They help me resolve not just issues with their service or website, but with claims as well when the insurance says there is a timely filing or other filing issue.

Pros

I love how Waystar has EVERYTHING - claims, eligibility, patient payments, remits. And the reporting makes it easy to track what claims haven't been paid, or where there are errors in your claims that are preventing it from being paid. Appealing claims on Waystar is super easy, and tracking down claims that were paid but somehow didn't get into your EMR is also really easy.

Nate from TMACOG

Absolutely Best In Class Billing Software

It really is best in class. Easy for billing, has long list of insurance companies they interface with, the only thing that could be improved would be eligibility checks.

Pros

Has integrations with almost every possible insurance company in the States. Easy to make edits and track payments. Has fantastic denial tracking and easy to make re submissions on denials. Eligibility checks are also fairly easy even though its probably its weakest component.

Cons

Eligibility checks could be improved somewhat. The reports are nice, but are time consuming to go through. No easy way to see if patients insurance has changed without going through them one by one.

Portia from Hawaii Ear Clinic, Inc.

Very user friendly.

Navicure sends all of our practice's electronic and paper claims quickly which gets us our payments faster.

Pros

The software is very user friendly. I like how it catches edits that I've missed and alerts me prior to sending the claim. Customer service reps are always friendly, helpful and quick.

Cons

The only thing I can think of right now is that you're not able to transfer incorrectly scanned items in the Patient Documents Administrative area. We would have to delete it and rescan it. Other than that everything's great.

Victoria from Western Infectious Disease Consultants

Best product I have used in 25 years of Healthcare Admin

Easy to track and send claims. Easy to stay current on rejected claims. Easy to fix and resubmit corrected claims. Easy to review remits.

Pros

Intuitive functionality. Great customer service. Claim history that is readable & accessible. Claims correction on site.

Cons

I wish that there was a "Print" function for printing claims history that was easier than the current set up. We often need to appeal timely filing denials. I know HOW to make the data print, but it would be easier if I could just hit a print button.

Penny from The Woman's Care Center

Navicure is awesome. We rarely have any problems with eligibility with Navicure.

Eligibility checks and clearing house.

Pros

So easy to use . And great support when I forget my password or have any other issue. Customer support is very friendly and knowledgeable and tries to help anyway possible even giving advice as to what may be wrong even if it is not a Navicure issue.

Cons

Occasionally Navicure and our system don't "talk" to each other and I have to manually check eligibility but even when I have to do that it works efficiently.

Amanda from Samaritan Counseling Center of the Southern Tier

I have always had outstanding customer support and the ease of use is very helpful.

It has made the ease of electronic billing very simple and helpful. We went from paper billing and this software could not be anymore user friendly.

Pros

It is extremely easy to navigate and the statistical information is important to us as a practice. We report to a board that requests this information monthly and it is as simple as pulling up Navicure.

Cons

Sometimes the insurance denials are hard to decipher what is actually wrong with the claim and i usually have to call in.

Kassy from Artisan O & P

I have been using Zirmed for over a year now and it is everything I need it to be.

All in one claim processing.

Pros

Claims billing, makes my job faster and easier, I love that I can bill almost every insurance with just the one program. I also LOVE the electronic EOB's and the fact that the auto populate in my practice management software.

Cons

The only thing I would be able to say is less than Ideal is the patient statement section. It doesn't always send statements in a timely manner. After my initial setup my statement went out, but the next month I uploaded statements again and was told that there was a margin error. It was fixed but it caused a delay in statement processing.

Tina from Nova Eye Care Center

Too Many Hidden Fees

I canceled my contract with them, and they would not allow me to cancel and I had to ride it out until the end and pay all their hidden fees. This is ridiculous and a mistake signing up with them. Our payment processing with them got very expensive because they did not have a chip reader for the credit card transactions. They have a magnetic stripe credit card swipe that you can buy for $99 that doesn't work 90% of the time, so we ended having to manually key in each transaction which causes the processing fees to be much higher and on top of that we had to pay them a monthly fee to use their product. I ended up switching to a different credit card processing company that gave a rate that is 15% less than their processing rate, they don't charge a monthly fee, they don't have a contract, and they don't have any hidden fees. So having to ride out this contract and using the new company to process my credit card transactions will save me more money than if I use them until the end of my contract. Lesson learned.

Pros

The payments for the patients were listed and you can access it anytime to verify payments.

Cons

All the hidden fees and it got expensive with them not having a chip reader for the credit card transactions. They have a magnetic stripe credit card swipe that you can buy for $99 that doesn't work 90% of the time, so we ended having to manually key in each transaction which causes the processing fees to be much higher and on top of that we had to pay them a monthly fee to use their product.

Jennifer from Buffalo Wheelchair

Great EDI Product!

We have been using multiple modules of the product since 2010. We have reviewed and tested many other competing products over the years, that promise the same functionality for a lower price, but when it comes down to it none can compare!

Pros

Easy to use, and Track your Data, for Electronic Claim Submission, Remits and Patient Payments.

Cons

it is somewhat difficult to report on data for multiple locations at one time.

Jessica from Lancaster Pediatric Associates

I've always had a good experience with Navicure. The staff is knowledgeable and always helpful.

Quick claims processing and responses.

Pros

I like the monthly webinars as well as the payments solution. It's easy to navigate through and find what you are looking for. The prewritten appeals are also great.

Cons

Right now my biggest con would be getting Estatements set up. It's a system issue with how our PM transmits information to navicure, but we are working on getting a good solution.

Chauntae from Ninth Street Internal Medicine

Navicure helps us stay on top of our A/R with ease.

The benefits I get from Navicure is the simplicity of working our A/R in one program. Claims are very easy to resubmit right from the dashboard.

Pros

Navicure is very easy to navigate. I can correct claims right in the system which saves times with denials. ERA's are easy to upload into our EMR. Perform is a great module within Navicure that gives me all A/R info in one place.

Dee Dee from Coal Creek Family Medicine

I use this daily and the ease of correcting claims and sending them right back out is invaluable!!

Quick insurance payments due to claims going through clean right away, easy submitting of claims, tracking our errors so we can correct on our side ahead of time.

Pros

Correcting claims without going back in to our software and making the changes and then having to go back.

Cons

I sometimes have a hard time figuring out how to get around but customer support has been amazing with helping me.

Ashley from Holy Savior Hospice

Clearinghouse used for Hospice & HomeHealth billing for 6 years

I don't have as much daily use of the software as I used to; but I would recommend it.

Pros

I've used Waystar just about 6 years (since it was Zirmed). Navigation of the software is pretty cut & dry. I was billing only hospice Medicare when I was introduced to this product, but started home health billing as well as private insurance payers as well. I prefer the original format of the rejected claims page, but understand the need for more search parameters. Maybe that makes me "old school". When our office was setting up new information in the software, support was always available and very helpful. I'm not sure how often this happens, but I even had the direct cell phone line of the gentleman helping get us up and running. He never complained once about our calls.

Cons

The update to the rejected claims dashboard a couple of years ago. I've gotten used to it but still think the original functionality was better. I used the "show me the original format" button until the day they required all users to update.

Angela from Winston-Salem State University

excellent customer service and knowledgeable reps

We are a start up business, and when I got hired the system was already in use, this is a new system so I am stilling learning it , but use it mostly for see checks, and submit claims, and work rejections

Pros

One stop shop, can submit claims, see checks, see claim errors, resubmit claims, still learning system, but customer service is always available to assist with any issues or questions which is greatly appreciated

Cons

going back and forth to different applications within the systems screens without having to log off, or timing out too soon, also if claims are worked, you should be able to color code so that you will know those claims have been worked and will know which ones need to be worked

Sherry from Tanana Valley Clinic

Navicure has great customer service.

Pros

Cons

The interface is not very user friendly. It is in need of some major upgrades. I wish there was a way I could add my providers and remove them myself. I also feel that it is very expensive for what it does.

Carla from Pinnacle Ortho and Sports Medicine

We are a large ortho practice with several providers, have been using Navicure for several years.

Pros

Software is very easy to use and navigate within. We can very easily see our rejections from both insurance companies and those that do not pass Navicure edits. We can also easily view ERAs as well as EOBs.

Mary Ann from Middle Creek Medical Center

Zirmed Review

I really like this program.

Pros

ZirMed is user friendly. My personal use is from a deposit and balancing practice of Credit Card entry and posting payments. ZirMed has many functions to posting claims , payments, etc.

Cons

I really haven't found a con in the part of ZirMed that I have been trained to use on a daily bases.

Lydia from MED GLOBE, P.C.

Navicure has been great over the years we have used them

quick claims processing

Pros

Easy functionality not too hard to understand, claims go in a timely matter and response is fairly quickly from either the Payor or Navicure

Cons

Nothing other than that I need more education in all facets of billing on Navicure I know there are things I am not using that would be advantegeous to me as a Biller

Brice from Anchorage Pediatric Group

Our company uses Navicure as our healthcare billing clearing house

Pros

They do their job well enough and their platform is pretty easy to use - it even comes with the ability to edit failed claims right there on their platform.

Cons

They'll lock you into a contract and aren't very forgiving regarding notice to terminate said contract, even years after having been with them.

Jessica from Child & Adult Psychiatry of Lakewood Ranch

Navicure

Claim processing

Pros

It simplifies the way I do billing. It integrates with my electronic record software and makes the process easy.

Cons

The implementation process was not as easy as expected. I have been about a year using this software and still don't find the platform that friendly (for a non-experience billing person like me). Whenever I have an issue I rather talk to a rep than go to the Nanicure website and try to understand what was the issue with the claims. If it makes any sense, Navicure simplifies the way I do my billing and collect but if there is any problems with claims I don't feel is an easy to understand platform.

Nicolle from East Georgia Urologic Clinic

Have been a satisfied customer since 2007 and remain that way today!

Pros

Easy to use software. Great graphics. Fast responses. Great customer service. Great product. We look forward to many more years of partnership. Have not had any negative software or customer service issues. Navicure is always responsive in acknowledging concerns. Great product.

kandi from RUSHMORE OB/GYN

Very satisfied!!

Pros

Ease of navigating through program I like how I can fix rejected claims and resubmit right online. I like how I can view claims and the remittance advice.

Cons

I do not like how when rejected claims or fixed claims take awhile to remove from the rejected list. I would like them removed quicker.

Malik from Hope Internal Medicine of Pueblo PLLC

Excellent

Pros

Ease of use. I am able to track easily all claims sent and also it helps in knowing the denial reason and assists to a great extent in knowing how to correct a denied claim.

Cons

Sometimes not satisfied with the response from the customer support. But Customer support still get a 4 star.

Tanya from Center for Spine Interventions, PC

Great program

Easy to use and fix claim issues

Pros

easy to use and understand. Easy to navigate and find what you need easily. Easy to fix mistakes that may have been made on sending claims

Cons

Some times it can be really hard to see if a claim issue was due to EMR system or on the clearninghouse end.

Kirk from Hematology Oncology Associates of CNY

Navicure helped us streamline our EDI process and saved us hours of work every week!

Streamlining Processes and Saving time.

Pros

The ability to track every claim through the entire process and having almost all of our ERAs in 1 place.

Cons

We were not able to directly interface our current software or upcoming software with Navicure and had to download each ERA separately.

Lisa from Gastroenterology LTD

User Friendly

Pros

I use the eligibility tool daily. I like that they have different options on how you can look up a patients insurance. Easy to locate claims.

Cons

I would like for the Tricare option for the deductible and out of pocket accumulations to be on the eligibility information.

Michelle from Graham Medical Associates

Very happy with overall quality of software, definitely a vital part of our claims being paid ontime

Expertise with claims filing and excellent communication between carriers and clearing house.

Pros

Communication between other carriers and Navicure. They always know or will find out any denial or rejection from a carrier and are up to date with knowledge of what each carrier wants.

Karine from Crystal Run Healthcare LLP

The entire staff has been friendly and professional!

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and organizes our data. I like that we can correct claims and resubmit them instantly!

Cons

It might be slow at times but that could be the amount of data we have. I wish we could submit medical records through the appeals section.

Brice from Anchorage Pediatric Group

Navicure has always been pretty easy to use

Pros

Navicure's System is simple and highlights denials so they're easy to find and correct for resubmisison.

Cons

Navicure isn't integrated with our EHR Greenway Primesuite regarding remittance advice nor posting of payments - that's still a manual job.

Lisa from Brackett Rheumatology

Navicure is an easy software to learn. It helps with electronic billing and claims follow up.

Pros

Quick turn around on reports to know if claims were accepted or denied and ability to send claims electronic.

Cons

Don't know how to interpret some of the reports. They offer so many that I don't always know which ones are best.

April from Advanced Surgeons, PC

Navicure is an excellent product!

Pros

It is very user friendly. The customer service is excellent! There are never any issues with the system going down.

Cons

I do not like to change the password as often as required. That is all that I really take issue on.

chandra from Montesano Internal Medicine

I never have any problems with Navicure. They are always very helpful when help is needed.

ease of use for filing electronic claims. makes billing faster and easier to track.

Pros

It really makes electronic billing easy and fast. Filing claims, finding ERA's, getting details when working on open unpaid claims.

Mary from Connecticut Retina Consultants LLC

We transferred from another clearinghouse to Navicure and the transfer was seamless.

Ease of reviewing reports and denied claims

Pros

The ease of use is great. I can review denied claims easily and correct right there. As Billing Manager I am able to see all biller's claims whereas they can see just theirs.

Cons

Some of the EOBs do not auto post correctly so we find we are manually posting those, but otherwise most do autopost correctly.

Betsy from Full Circle Healing

I have never had any problems with the software. I would recommend it to anyone

It helps me on a daily basis for submitting claims, or corrections that need to be done. Fast friendly

Pros

The Ease of use, Navigation is easy, if there are any problems they are right there to help you out.

David from Bradenton Cardiology

Top notch

Gets our claims paid fast

Pros

Great ease of use, very well laid out, the menus and explanation of rejection are easy to figure out and correct

Cons

too many sub menus, one too many ways to navigate. To many pops up and different dub menu in my opionion.