• Pros

• "Love this program and how it works. We'd be so lost without it!"

• "I love that this allows me to track my time as I go along, as well as search for any past jobs."

• "It is easy to navigate. The project management piece is excellent if utilized to its full potential. The ability to customize your color scheme is also pretty nice. "

• Cons

• "Could use a UI upgrade, but other than that, it's goooood."

• "Platinum updated version is taking some time to get used to, but should be fine after some time and practice."

• "Great for ordering print and outdoor. A little bit wonky with digital, but it works. Pretty much useless for broadcast, but then again, it's not meant to be a broadcast buying platform."

Browse Workamajig Reviews

Rachel from SMITH & JONES

14+ years using WMJ

From dealing with customer service to upgrades to the software over the years the overall experience has been exceptional. I work on the Finance side but whats wonderful that it doesn't matter which piece of the software you go in to, the layout and functionalities throughout are consistent. In a small office under 20 sometimes people only touch parts of the software or their roles cross, the customization that WMJ offers to be able to handle the crossover in security and viewing ability makes this feasible. Being able to leverage the ability to look at financials by client/campaign/project and then report on efficiency and profitability is important to our management team.

Pros

The ability to integrate our CRM, time tracking, project management, and accounting to leverage the ability to look at our leading and lagging KPIs to be profitable.

Cons

The variety of offering the software can do is massive. Deciding in our office whats a priority to run as efficiently as possible can be challenging. For example, there is WIP in the software but because of our size its the right fit for us.

Response from Workamajig

Replied November 2018

Hi Rachel, Thank you for taking the time to review Workamajig. It's great to hear from someone who's been with us for so long, benefitting from the very features we've spent years developing! As always, please feel free to reach out to support@workamajig.com with any questions, comments or suggestions. Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

Shelley from Expansive Thinking

Great Project Management & CRM Software for Mid-Sized Agencies

Overall I really like this software and would highly recommend it to any small to mid-sized agency that needs help to organize their project flow, tracking, client and vendor communications/task tracking/follow up and A/R or A/P.

Pros

Workamajig helps our brand management agency track all necessary project information in one central location. Everything can be documented, from tasks to meetings, time entry, creative briefs, project proofs, PO's and invoicing. It is fairly easy to use. Also it is great for looking up projects from the past and creating new dockets based on the structure of past projects. Because Workamajig is web-based it provides a very user-friendly interface for team members no matter where they are located. Project home pages can be customized by each user, so they can show or hide a dashboard that features what is most important to them based on their role or how they work. Access rights and privileges are easy to assign as well.

Cons

It can take a while for new users to get used to where everything is accessed as far as entry points for critical information or reports that you can pull. The user interface can be a bit confusing for project income forecasting - for example having to open more than one area of the project to enter Accounting information and billing dates, as well as checking off - "Include in Forecast" at the estimate stage. There are also many ways to achieve the same goal but it can be more confusing than helpful for some - I think there could be some simplification of steps needed for setting up things like project sales forecasts.

Response from Workamajig

Replied November 2018

Hi Shelly, Thank you for sharing! I'm glad to hear that your team is gaining value from having everything detailed in Workamajig. I'd like to do what I can to make your experience even better. We do have different options available for revenue forecasting, as flexibility is necessary to cover the various needs in this area. Ex: fixed fee vs. time and materials, and the ability to create different versions of estimates on a single project, and decide which should be a part of the revenue forecast. We'd love to hear your thoughts on how we can simplify this, while providing the same flexibility - please let us know at support@workamajig.com. Looking forward to hearing from you :) Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

Doug from Tad Ware & Company

Seems fine for what it does.

I am a stereotypical "End User". I just log in to enter my time towards the projects I work on. That seems easy enough, and the only real problem I ever encounter is when the account manager hasn't set up the project correctly. That usually just involves a short conversation with the account manager and they are able to quickly resolve it. In the Platinum version of Woramajig, the time entry feature is even more intuitive and the copy week function is a HUGE timesaver. My supervisors seem to enjoy the ease in pulling time spent on a completed project in order to forecast future similar projects. Overall, this is the best system for time entry I have used at a company, but my experience is very limited. It's much better than paper forms or Excel worksheets.

Pros

Web-based software makes it easy to access from any computer. Time entry is intuitive. Ability to copy weeks handy for longer projects. Ability to run reports on project time spent seems robust.

Cons

Seems very complicated overall. Ability to search on legacy version seems limited, Platinum seems to have fixed this.

Works, But No Cigar.

It work as a good way tho assigning tasks and designate jobs to people but it's a great way to communicate and needs improvement as far as its interface and layout.

Pros

Perform well and is functionally adequate for the needs of the company. A definite improvement from previous interfaces if you have been using this platform before and are thinking about returning.

Cons

Still far too many layer and too much complexity. To access a file thats been uploaded required sometimes digging through the not very intuitive file system.

Dan from INSP, LLC

Industry: Broadcast Media

A dense, useful, but often unituitive task management platform

As an end-user, Workamajig was helpful once I overcame the long process of learning the system. The system worked for a long time in helping manage complex tasks, budgets, etc, but we ultimately are transition for something more MEDIA friendly.

Pros

In the complex world of task management for video production, Workamajig fielded many of the needs we threw at it, to varying degrees of success. Fairly customizable, with a ability to create custom and interdependent forms When they upgraded to Platinum a few years ago (from Classic) the interface improved its usability. Notifications settings were easy, and program didn't default to an overwhelming amount of email.

Cons

A fairly steep learning curve. The interface is very text heavy. Tracking the progress of tasks was often difficult, without intuitive features like status bars, etc. No simple and effective way (in our video environment) to store and display media, generate proofs, etc. Search functions didn't live update, making navigating backlogs more cumbersome.

Paige from Hoyden Creative

Gettin Jiggy!

Pros

Workamajig is great for knowing your day-to-day tasks and projecting upcoming projects and availability of each staff member.

Cons

Some of the features would be more helpful if we had a bigger team. If you have a small team (maybe less than 10 members), this software might not offer 100% of the functionality that you need. That said, it still trumps over almost all project management software in the end.

Response from Workamajig

Replied April 2019

Hi Paige, Thank you for taking the time to review our product. I'm so happy to hear that your team has gained value from the visibility that using Workamajig gives you. We'd love to make your experience even better! Please feel free to reach out to support@workamajig.com with any questions. Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

Ryan from Communica

Worka-meh-jig

I try to use it as little as possible. From an interface that makes me pray that future generations never see it, for fear of embarrassment, to a completely average list of features, most of which are completely useless to me, I find workamajig is best and perhaps only suited as a time entry and billing platform. Strip it of all the bloated nonsense and I think you have a much better product.

Pros

Budget tracking. Time management. That it can serve as a single source for the entire length of a project, making it easy to track progress over time and locating assets from as far back as the beginning.

Cons

The clunky interface. The difficulty of navigation. That anyone can look at any diary post, regardless of whether they are on the job or not. That you can't download all attachments at once. That it still runs in Flash despite Flash being the industry standard from 10 years ago.

Response from Workamajig

Replied October 2018

Hi Ryan, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Workamajig has released our Platinum interface, which is HTML5 based and we have resources available for our Platinum users including new walk-throughs to help navigate the interface as well as Platinum tips listed in this link: http://help.workamajig.com/platinum-tips. Our training team is also happy to aide our clients in the transition from Flash to Platinum with complimentary training on the new interface. Our team is waiting to assist at training@workamajig.com. Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

Ginger from BrandStar

Still new, but so far so good.

It works great for what we use it for now, I've never worked with customer service yet or had an opportunity to explore the full features, but for hours tracking, project management and budget, it works well and does all we need!

Pros

Workamajig is quickly being spread across our entire company to be used for budget tracking. project management, and to do lists. The budget tracking and project management is the easiest portion we use right now. It's easy to start a timer on a task, track my team's hours and ensure they are putting the proper work into our projects.

Cons

It's a little clunky, the interface is big and complicated. A lot of buttons and access points that makes the whole tool seem overwhelming.

James from Candeo Creative

Not great but not the worst either...

We use Workamajig where I work for project management. Now, I'm not a project manager, and I just use Workamajig to basically enter my time and expenses, and for whatever reason, these simple tasks just seem like a monumentally complex task in Workamajig. Luckily, our project managers are able to take the time to help me figure out exactly what I'm doing, because to me, it's an incredibly confusing system. I will say it's not the worst thing I've ever had to use as an employee. But for a very small team, it just seems like so much overkill to me.

Pros

Accessible on most any device. A lot of features.

Cons

Incredibly confusing to get acclimated to. The UI can be quite confusing.

Response from Workamajig

Replied April 2019

Hi James, Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We'd love to do what we can to improve your experience. If you have any questions, or if you feel there are specific areas of timekeeping that can be simplified, please let us know at support@workamajig.com. We're here to help! Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

Travis from Graphcom

We workamajigging.

Pros

I like the Traffic Schedule in the Flash version so you can see your daily/weekly tasks along with your team members. Task Timers ARE THE BEST!!! You can bounce between timers as you work through your To Dos (just make sure you pause your current timer before switching tasks ;)

Cons

In the traffic schedule, I would like to be able to select specific people and not just departs. I don't always need to see the schedule of the whole design team, I just want to see one person.

Bill from Blue North

A valuable tool that helps keep track of project schedules and milestones geared to creatives.

an overview of projects and their due dates organized by tasks.

Pros

No longer in flash, it is an elegant design that is easy to read. The customer support is good. They work with you and often bugs are fixed. Projects are clearly sorted by deadline.

Cons

It's great for simple deadlines, but It doesn't have any tools to sort out congested schedules. e.g. what software can stop someone from being booked 84 hours in a single work day. It's very manual. updating projects can be time consuming and human error with the interface has lead to scheduling errors. It's not very compatible with other common office programs (e.g. can't get it to sync for meetings in outlook and we don't want to use jig for all our meetings). This means we only use a small portion of the software relating to project schedules and budget. Hard to establish priorities. Some information is hard to find with their interface. (e.g. several clicks to find the task number required to enter your time if you are entering a task that you weren't assigned)

Response from Workamajig

Replied February 2018

Hi Bill, Thank you for sharing your experience with Workamajig; the areas that work well and the one's we can improve upon. We do have solutions to the specific concerns you mentioned, but I don't want to get too granular on this thread. I've asked our support team to reach out to you directly. As always, please feel free to reach out to support@workamajig.com with any questions - we're here to help! Regards, Hannah Team WMJ

Brandon from Archer Malmo

I've used it across two different agencies for the past 8 years

Pros

When setup properly on the front end it can do a great job exporting status reports for our team, which is a task that would mean someone manually updating a spreadsheet if we didn't have workamajig.

Cons

It's project management input functions (diaries) are too linear. Wkmjg works great for simple jobs like print ads and radio scripts but when it comes to projects with a lot of parrallel tasks, moving at the same time, it doesn't compare to products like Basecamp. For instance, I could never use wkmjg to build a website (or any complex digital pieces) where I need to set deadlines for multiple disciplines and keep their resources and conversation separate from one another. For example, my designer shouldn't have to wade through a ton of diary posts between the QA team to find my last post to him. I also think the accounting side of wkmjg is something that was designed a long time ago and has just been gradually tacked on and added to and it's in need of a audit and complete redesign to make it more user firendly for both agency accountants and the project managers reviewing billing worksheets on the other end.

Response from Workamajig

Replied February 2018

Hi Brandon, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback as it helps us improve our product and user experience. Our team is happy to review issues and help streamline processes at support@workamajig.com. Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

Terri from FLM Harvest

Workamajig

Overall, my experience with Workamajig has been great. If there is something that I feel would make my life easier, they send it to the engineers who review, and add to the next update. If I have special reports that I need, but cannot figure out on my own, they create them for me. They have helped walk me step by step through the process from day one, and have made many updates and improvements to the software along the way that has been beneficial.

Pros

Workamajig is easy to set up, easy to use, and easy to train new employees. You can jump in using everything or ease in using different applications. The training staff is great at answering questions, and they are very helpful in getting set up, and walking you through various changes as your business changes and grows.

Cons

We chose to use our own server, instead of being on the Workamajig server. I would recommend that you be on the Workamajig server, as they make certain that updates are completed in a timely manner, and in the long run will make your life easier. This is not really something that I dislike about the software, but a recommendation that I would make to someone thinking about purchasing.

Response from Workamajig

Replied November 2018

Hi Terri, Thank you for taking the time to review our product. I'm happy to hear that your team is gaining value from Workamajig and that you found it easy to set up! As always, our team is here to help at support@workamajig.com. Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

Allison from Helix Education

As a Workamajig Admin I am extremely impressed with it's ability to help manage projects.

Workamajig is a fantastic solution for a Marketing Project Management tool. It allows the Project Manager and subsequent teams to manage projects with ease while also interacting with billing, time tracking, and overall profitability analysis.

Pros

I love Workamajig's User Interface. After using various Project Management softwares in my day, Workamajig Platinum User Interface is easy to navigate and has an extremely successful adaptation for users. I also love the ability to customize workflows, add in additional deliverables based on the approval cycle, and communicate with other team members within the system.

Cons

While building out the workflows within Workamajig we had quite a few 'workamarounds' that we had to come up with in order for the system to meet our needs. An example is: I wanted an email to fire when a task was assigned, which was possible on all tasks, but the first one. One of our workamarounds for that was to have the first task be assigned to the PM and was titled "Close this Task" so that the next task would fire an email to the appropriate team member. That's just an example of some of the workamarounds we had to come up with. The Deliverables were also very difficult for us to monitor the status of.

Response from Workamajig

Replied February 2018

Hi Allison, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and feedback as it will help us continue to improve our user experience. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance at support@workamajig.com. Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

Workamajig is an excellent project management tool plus more!

I can't get into specifics on how our company uses Workamajig due to confidentiality reasons, but I will say the Workamajig team whether it is the leadership, support or engineering team is definitely a Class A organization. They put forth the time and effort to support their customers which is priceless in todays environment!

Pros

What I like most about this software is the ease of use for the admin functionality. When the business comes for updates, its easy to come up with a solve and address their business needs. We have expanded Workamajig use in so many facets of the business. Due to this and the automation that can be set up with other applications we are taking efficiency to the next level.

Cons

Teaching the business was a little bit of a struggle since there are so many ways to get to what they are looking for. Although listing this as a con, it can be taken as a positive also. People think and operate in different ways! URL's can also be supplied and set as a bookmark to help users out.

Response from Workamajig

Replied November 2018

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to review our product. I'm so happy to hear that you're team is gaining value from Workamajig! If there's anything we can do to make your experience ever better, please feel free to reach out to support@workamajig.com :) Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

Dan from Red House

It'll do what you need it to do.

We used two separate systems for accounting and project workflow, this was one of the few that pulled them together in a more native manner. If you want workflow software, there are many out there that are FAR better than this solution, and the same can be said for accounting software. But until Quickbooks-like solution or Basecamp-like products natively integrate, this is probably the next best thing.

Pros

One of the few solutions that connects time tracking, project management, fairly sophisticated accounting and billing, media contracts, utilization reporting, and more.

Cons

Its not intuitive. The products ease-of-use has improved with the latest version, Platinum, but its still not as intuitive as most main stream software. Users/managers of the product need some pretty specific knowledge of the software to get the most out of it.

Response from Workamajig

Replied November 2018

Hi Dan, We appreciate your honest feedback, as it gives us the opportunity to continue to improve our product. We are happy to provide training on the new Platinum interface as well as review current processes for streamlining options. We also have resources available for our Platinum users including new walk-throughs to help navigate the interface as well as Platinum tips listed in this link: http://help.workamajig.com/platinum-tips. I will have you account manager follow-up. Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

Long time user

This is the third agency I've used Jig at. Every place has it set up different but the pain points I mentioned above are consistent at each place. I haven't seen the platform evolve much over time, I can't believe there isn't a calendar integration yet or a mobile app.

Pros

Timesheet capabilities. I don't use it for much else at this point, I use Outlook Tasks to keep track of what you call "my activities".

Cons

No integration with Outlook or Google Calendar. The search function doesn't seem fully developed, doens't always populate the things we are looking for. Requires a lot of refreshing. No mobile app. There is not a great personal task option, not everything I need to complete needs to be on an activity.

Response from Workamajig

Replied August 2018

We appreciate your honest feedback, as it gives us the opportunity to continue to improve our product. There are available solutions to the specific issues mentioned and we'd love to help you resolve them, but don't want to get too granular on this thread. Included is a link to our help guide about calendar sync options with Google/Exchange: http://help.workamajig.com/calendar-overview Also, we are happy to provide training on our Platinum interface and how to use the phone browser for time entry and calendar functions. Our team is waiting at support@workamajig.com to help you. Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

Great for timesheets, but steep learning curve

Pros

Easy to track and change time for projects.

Cons

Not very user-friendly. There is a somewhat steep learning curve just to figure out how to locate projects and track time. Icons are small, unclear, and don't relate at all to the actions they represent. I also have problems attaching documents to diary notes at times. It seems like special characters (even dashes) set these problems off, but I'm not entirely sure because Workamajig doesn't always give me a clear diagnosis.

Response from Workamajig

Replied November 2018

Hi there, Thank you for your review of Workamajig. Workamajig is designed to be an enterprise solution for creative firms taking the place of all other systems; Project Management, Time Tracking/Resource Management, CRM, Accounting, etc. To ensure information flows correctly between the different modules, detailed set-up and implementation is imperative. We understand this can be time consuming in the beginning, but is meant to streamline processes moving forward. If your project manager assigns a task to you, it will default in your projects and tasks and you would simply need to enter your hours. There are also a few other options for tracking time, and we'd be happy to review this with you. Feel free to reach out at any time at support@workamajig.com. We're here to help! Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

Extremely clunky

If you are looking for a project management tool I would strongly recommend looking elsewhere!

Pros

Workamajig has all of the core features you'd want in any project management tool. The implementation of those features on the other hand....

Cons

The user interface is downright terrible. It is clunky, it doesn't refresh when it is supposed to and the load times are extremely laggy. The software is also extremely buggy. I have had many instances where I have definitely entered data only to go back and find that what I entered was missing. It's hard to do anything with confidence when there are this many bugs!

Response from Workamajig

Replied December 2018

Hi there, Thank you for your candid review of our product, as it helps us to continue to improv. Have you had an opportunity to check out the all new Workamajig Platinum Interface? We've completely rebuilt the product to be more responsive, intuitive and easier to navigate. There's no added costs for platinum and you can check it out at any time by simply adding /platinum to the end of your login url. We've also set up walk-throughs to help you navigate the new interface and can offer free training on the new apps. Please feel free to reach out with any questions at support@workamajig.com - we're here to help! Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

Jennifer from Strada

We selected this tool to streamline our agency functions, increasing efficiency and productivity.

Pros

Project management software tool specific to the advertising agency structure and workflow. Integration of all the necessary parts from beginning (new client, new project) to end (billing). Monthly updates. They listen to users' feedback and make updates in response.

Cons

Initial setup took a full year. It was a big process and should have been accomplished quicker. Availability of trainers and time allowed were limited. There is some limitation to customization but it seems to be improving.

Response from Workamajig

Replied May 2018

Hi Jennifer, Thank you for sharing your experience as it gives us the opportunity to continue to improve our product and implementation process. As you mentioned, Workamajig is designed to be an enterprise solution for creative firms taking the place of all other systems; Project Management, Time Tracking/Resource Management, CRM, Accounting, etc. To ensure information flows correctly between the different modules, detailed set-up and implementation is imperative. We understand this can be time consuming in the beginning, but is meant to streamline processes moving forward. We greatly appreciate your feedback and please let us know if there are any enhancements that would improve user experience at feedback@workamajig.com. Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

Jessica from Saxton Horne

Great if set up right - Platinum needs help

As a project manager it's been very useful in keeping project information all in one place. I've worked at another ad agency who didn't chose to have Workamajig help custom tailor the system to them and it failed miserably. That's not the case here and it works well.

Pros

It's easy to navigate and find what you're looking for.

Cons

It's unfortunate that you've decided to stop updating Classic Workamajig. Platinum has some great features, but because it's a responsive site (as it changes size), it's difficult for me to work with on my computer. I can't have two windows open side by side, Workamajig Platinum and another window (which I'm using to enter information from into Workamajig). If I have them side by side, I can't see the information needed in Jig, and Jig continually tries to resize itself and resubmit information via reloading the page when the window is resized. I never had this problem in Classic. Please fix this!

Response from Workamajig

Replied November 2018

Hi Jessica, Thank you for sharing your experience with Workamajig as we are constantly working to better our user experience. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions at support@workamajig.com. Best regards, Megan Ivan Team WMJ

Keagan from Truscott Rossman

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

My Company is New to Workamajig Platinum

Pros

As a millennial with pretty decent technology navigation skills / understanding how to quickly and efficiently learn program to my needs, Workamajig is pretty user friendly. I am aware there are lots of paths of the program that I don't use, but those that I do are relatively easy to maneuver.

Cons

I don't think older generations have an easy time learning the program, then causing understanding problems within our company. Unless they are tech geniuses basically, I don't think this is a program that could just be inserted into a company without having knowledge/understanding gaps.

Response from Workamajig

Replied November 2018

Hi Keagan, Thanks for taking the time to review our product! I'm glad to hear that you enjoy using Workamajig and are having an easy time of it. I'd love to understand a bit more which knowledge gaps you are referring to. We do offer personalized training and have built in walk-throughs that cover all the basic workflows. We are always looking to improve and I've asked our support team to follow up regarding the knowledge gaps you mentioned. As always, please feel free to reach out with any questions at support@workamajig.com. Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

KRISTEN from Nichols Company

Workamajig is fine until we find something better

You need to make sure you have a trainer who understands the software. We have not in the past and it's incredibly frustrating to have a training session with someone who is guessing their way around the software ... again, this shows how the program is NOT user friendly.

Pros

I like being able to track projects within the software and the diary/conversation portion of the project to see where things were left if a project becomes stagnant.

Cons

The software is not user friendly ... especially the Platinum version. It makes it too confusing and Platinum can't do everything Classic can. I feel Workamajig makes tracking harder than what it should be.

Response from Workamajig

Replied November 2018

Hi Kristen, Thank you for your honest feedback as we are continually working to improve our user experience. We have resources available for our Platinum users including new walk-throughs to help navigate the interface as well as Platinum tips listed in this link: http://help.workamajig.com/platinum-tips. Our client satisfaction team is here to insure you are getting the most from the training sessions by checking-in after each session and periodically thru the year. They are happy to address any concerns at training@workamajig.com. Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

One of the only ways to gain a 360 degree view of your business

We have used Workamajig for over a decade. We first used it for its time management and project management functions, but then we transferred our accounting onto Workamajig and now have a complete dashboard for our business.

Pros

Workamajig is a fully integrated agency management, which means that you can see a direct connection between projects, resources, time, money and profit.

Cons

The CRM/sales component and the vendor management components of the software are its least powerful options. Also, the fact that data are kept in silos means we can't find correlations as deeply as we wanted, but this is mitigated by the fact that there are plenty of excellent and powerful reports and reporting options.

Response from Workamajig

Replied November 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. As you mentioned, WMJ was designed to be an enterprise solution for the creative communications industry; we are happy to hear your firm is utilizing the full system and WMJ is delivering value to your business! We are continually working to improve our user experience and would appreciate additional details on how we could improve our CRM module. Our support team is happy submit enhancement ideas at support@workamajig.com. Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

Jim from The CSI Group

Will Know More Soon

Pros

We have been on WMJ for about five years now and are in the process of moving from the legacy product to Platinum as well. We are also moving our accounting over to the platform beginning Jan 1st. Hoping Platinum makes the product better value for us then it has been.

Cons

Onboarding was extremely difficult and we never really got it set up the way it should be. We are doing a reboot with the move to Platinum.

Response from Workamajig

Replied October 2018

Thank you for your feedback! Workamajig is designed to be an enterprise solution for creative firms taking the place of all other systems. To ensure information flows correctly between the different modules, detailed set-up and implementation is imperative. We understand this can be time consuming and want to aide in a smooth transition to Platinum for your team. We are happy to offer complimentary training on the new interface and we have resources available for our Platinum users including new walk-throughs to help navigate the interface as well as Platinum tips listed in this link: http://help.workamajig.com/platinum-tips. I will have our training team follow-up to get a session scheduled. Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

Rachel from Sells Agency

WMJ Review- 3 years in

Our experience with WMJ has been mostly positive. It is always a transition to move over to a new agency and accounting software. They were very helpful during the transition with a lot of training and reaching out from our contact at WMJ.

Pros

Search bar feature-- I love that you can search for any vendor, vendor number, project number at the top of the screen quickly and easily.

Cons

Some of the reports are not as easily customizable as others. They ARE customizable in the new mainframe, Platinum, but we still use the Classic version. Eventually we will have to learn the new software and switch over. It could pose challenges, as they will no longer update the Classic version once Platinum is fully functioning.

Response from Workamajig

Replied November 2018

Hi Rachel, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are glad to hear you feel supported by our training and support team. Our goal is to help our clients easily transition to the new Platinum interface, so we are happy to offer complimentary training on Platinum to aide in this process. Please let us know how we can be of service at support@workamajig.com. Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

Lynn from Smith & Jones

Workamajig Works!

Workamajig has been great to work with! We been a user since Creative Manager, through "classic", and are now fully integrated into Platinum (in fact we were in Beta for most of the development of Platinum). Support is wonderful- questions are answered promptly, in a clear, concise manner.

Pros

Love the seamless integration between estimating and invoicing. Scheduling works well, and has the added benefit of several print views. Conversations has been a great way to keep all project details and updates in one location.

Cons

Some databases are still a bit tricky to access- searching for closed projects can be time consuming.

Response from Workamajig

Replied November 2018

Hi Lynn, Thank you for for taking the time to share your experience with Workamajig. It's great to hear from someone who has been with us since the beginning, benefitting from the very features we've spent years developing. The custom reports feature does have the option to include closed projects. Closing a project is to remove them from typical searches on the inactive/active projects lists. As always, we're here if you need anything at all at support@workamajig.com. Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

WMJ Is The Best!

We have WMJ and our WMJ team to thank for our organization at our company. It's a great way to track time for our clients and our bosses as well as easy to use.

Pros

The ease of using it. It's simple to learn and makes what would be a very hectic workplace , work smoothly.

Cons

The amount of steps when assigning a task was greatly improved when WMJ platinum came out. I think uploading files and where the files are stored could be improved. At an advertising agency there are 100's of files uploaded a day and they can be difficult to find and keep track of.

Response from Workamajig

Replied December 2018

Hi there, I'm happy to hear that your ream has gained value from Workamajig, and that it's helped with your company's organization. I'd like to do what I can to make your experience even better. You can open up the Project - Files area in Workamajig to drag-n-drop files into Workamajig. We'd love to help with the difficulty you mentioned in finding/tracking your files, but we will need some additional details. Please email support@workamajig.com and we'll be glad to help! Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

Pretty good and a definite improvement over the old system

Pros

We previously had separate systems for project management, timers for time sheets, time sheet entry, and tracking sales and prospects. With Workamajig it lets us do everything in one place. No more having 4 or 5 different websites or applications open at once.

Cons

The flash version constantly freezes for me. This generally wouldn't be a problem as they're moving away from the flash version anyways, but there are issues with the new Platinum version. Meetings are moving around or disappearing without a user making those decisions. When stopping a timer it will occasionally record that you've been working for negative time or just 0 out.

Response from Workamajig

Replied November 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are glad to hear WMJ has provided an integrated solution for your team. We would like to make your experience better by investigating the issues you are having with the calendar and timer. Our support team is waiting to help at support@workamajig.com. Best regards, Megan Ivan Team WMJ

Monte from Anthem Branding

They've come a long way

Overall, the product is an extremely effective tool for workflow and data logging, if only some of the bugs could get ironed out.

Pros

WMJ provides a solid platform for each sector of the creative business. It's relatively easy to track time, create budgets & schedules, and monitor projects overall. The interface is clean and appealing, especially in the Platinum update.

Cons

The flash version is archaic and extremely buggy. The updated version can be glitchy and doesn't automatically update to the current day. When entering tasks or time, it often has glitches and errors, or adds to the wrong fields.

Response from Workamajig

Replied October 2018

Hi Monte, Thank you for sharing your experience with Workamajig; the areas that work well and the ones we can improve upon. We are constantly striving to better our user experience and would like to further investigate the errors occurring. A member of our support team will follow-up shortly. You can also reach them with any questions at support@workamajig.com Best regards, Megan Ivan Team WMJ

Andrea from Republica Havas

Industry: Graphic Design

I only use the program to enter my time.

I use the program everyday to enter my time, is easy as long as I know the project number exactly; as soon as I miss a dash or extra space or in any way different from the set name, it takes for ever to find the info. It will be nice that I can add time in the same project line but at different times without opening a new line. The timer works good but once the window is open you can not get it to disappear, even when you stop it. So I don't use it. For my needs is good.

Pros

Clear display of information. Unce you learn how to use the basic functions is easy to use.

Cons

Not easy to find functions. When a new update is applied, is glitchy. Hard to find stuff.

Response from Workamajig

Replied November 2018

Hi Andrea, We appreciate your feedback, as it gives us the opportunity to continue to improve our product. I believe there is an available solution to make entering your time to projects easier. We'd love to review the WMJ project schedule, but don't want to get too granular on this thread. Our team is happy to schedule a training or review via email at support@workamajig.com. Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

Caitlyn from Soulsigth

Pros

I like that you can create a bunch of different job needs (estimates, time sheets, etc) all in one system.

Cons

I struggle with the new format because i have to go into a bunch of windows to get one piece of info and then exit and then go back through the process when i have to update something again. I spend more time going through the windows than working on the job. The calendar job start and end dates are absolutely infuriating. Every time i change one date, others change. it will even change the logic option (must start on, must end on) on me, which doesn't make sense. Our projects are so different, i just want to be able to put whatever dates I want without the system trying to correct me.

Response from Workamajig

Replied October 2018

Hi Caitlyn, Thank you for taking the time to review our product, your feedback is important to us. I'm glad to hear that having everything in one system has been a benefit to you. There are available solutions to the specific issues you mentioned and we'd love to help you resolve them but don't want to get too granular on this thread. Your account manager will be reaching out to you shortly. Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

Workamajig keeps advancing

I really do like WMJ, it's been my favorite software I've used this far.

Pros

I like the software because of it's functionality and how many different ways there are to measure your productivity. I think it is complementary to many different roles within a company from accounting to project management to traffic monitoring, benefitting all of them equally.

Cons

Although I like that WMJ continues to update and make the software more useful, I find that sometimes it's not very intuitive, especially while trying to train other team members on the many steps.

Response from Workamajig

Replied November 2018

Thank you for sharing; we are glad to hear WMJ benefits multiple roles within your firm. To aide our clients in transitioning to Platinum, we are happy to provide complimentary training. We also have resources available for our Platinum users including new walk-throughs to help navigate the interface as well as Platinum tips listed in this link: http://help.workamajig.com/platinum-tips. Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

Samantha from The Mx Group

Workamajig

Pros

Once you get up to speed, Workamajig is fairly intuitive. It's also nice that the jobs, time reporting, and billing are all integrated in the one tool.

Cons

The most frustrating part about Workamajig is its flash-based nature. The new Platinum solution is missing some critical features for our agency, so I'm not sure if this is a solution for us moving forward.

Response from Workamajig

Replied October 2018

Hi Samantha, Thank you for sharing your experience with Workamajig. Workamajig Platinum has been completely rolled out in HTML5, and is designed to be more responsive, intuitive and easier to navigate. We are offering free training on the new Platinum apps and would love the opportunity to review your use of the tool. We are always looking to improve our product. I've asked our support team to reach out to you regarding the features you feel are missing from Workamajig Platinum and the free training information. As always, please feel free to reach out to support@workaamjig.com with any questions. Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

abraham from RepublicaHavas

Workamajig does it all

Pros

I like that it let's you integrate all aspects of the business. From finance to scheduling. It has lots of capabilities in one package.

Cons

Figuring out how to use all the features is not so straight forward. It takes a lot of research to learn how to do certain functionalities such as setting up tasks lists for users.

Response from Workamajig

Replied October 2018

Hi Abraham, Thank you for your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to continue to improve our product. As you mentioned, Workamajig is designed to be an enterprise solution for creative firms taking the place of all other systems. To insure information flows correctly between the different modules, detailed set-up and implementation is imperative. We understand this can be time consuming. We have resources available for our Platinum users including new walk-throughs to help navigate the interface as well as Platinum tips listed in this link: http://help.workamajig.com/platinum-tips. Our team is also happy to address questions at support@workamajig.com Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

Features for small to mid agencies

Pros

Time keeping/tracking. Customizeable desktop to see active jobs and notes about them.

Cons

Copying/moving estimates and POs over to new jobs... For example... a project worked on in 2017 includes estimates and POs that would rollover to a new 2018 job. Workamajig does not allow you to do this. You have to copy and paste.

Response from Workamajig

Replied November 2018

Hi there, Thank you for sharing your experience with our product. I'm glad to hear that you've gained value from timekeeping and the customizable desktops in Workamajig. We do have available solutions for the issues you mentioned. Workamajig does not require you to add a project for each new year. you have the option to keep an existing PO open into the new year. If you need to create a new project, you can copy from the old project so the estimate will be carried over. You also have the option to copy an existing PO and change the amount/project etc.. As always, we're here to help at support@workamajig.com. Please feel free to reach out with any questions. Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

Bryce from PETROL Advertising

Industry: Computer Games

Workamajiging Hours

It took a little getting used to at first but after a week It was no problem. Emails notifications are helpful when forgetting to put in hours. Only takes a few min. To enter in the time so it is much better than physical time sheets.

Pros

Its easy to look up job numbers without having to contact administrators directly. I like that you can customize the profile with pictures. The copy and paste feature for projects recently worked on.

Cons

Changing the browser window size changes the format of everything. Hard to find workamajig platinum if you dont already have it bookmarked. The requirement to change the password every so often is a hassle.

Response from Workamajig

Replied November 2018

Hi Bryce, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback as we as constantly striving to improve our user experience. The browser windows change size as responsive design, so that if you're running WMJ platinum on a phone vs tablet vs desktop, it will change the user interface to make the most of the available browser screen space. Password settings can be reviewed with your firm's system admin. Please let our team know if you have any questions at support@workamajig.com. Best regards, Megan Ivan Team WMJ

Tony from The Mx Group

JIG

Pros

JIG provides reasonable daily schedule management.

Cons

Flash, Flash, Flash. The name of the product is silly really. I am a little embarrassed when a client asks what we use.

Response from Workamajig

Replied October 2018

Hi Tony, Thank you for taking the time to review our product. Have you had an opportunity to check out the all new Workamajig Platinum Interface? We've completely rebuilt the product to be more responsive, intuitive and easier to navigate and have already rolled this out for most users. There's no added costs for platinum and you can check it out at any time by simply adding /platinum to the end of your login url. We've also set up walk-throughs to help you navigate the new interface and can offer free training on the new apps. Please reach out to support@workaamjig.com with any questions, or to schedule your free platinum training. Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ] P.S. Re the name; we really wanted it to be 'Super Awesome Free Range Low Calorie Agency Management Software Application', but we were denied that option...

Mark from CTP

Getting Jiggy

It's made it a lot easier for me to track my teams status as it relates to budgets. Trying to get people to a place where they are fully aware of the time they have invested and what they have left. Using platinum and a project management tool has been rewarding. We are starting to use it more to track content and progression of jobs. I hope that it replaces trello so we are more integrated between departments.

Pros

Very intuitive UI. Has a lot of features beyond budget tracking and project management. I feel like I am just scraping the surface of all the capabilities.

Cons

Still not very mobile friendly. A little clunky on Chrome with some to the drop downs.

Response from Workamajig

Replied August 2018

Hi Mark, Thank you for sharing your experience. We are glad to hear Workamajig is delivering value to your firm. Our support team is happy to investigate the issues you are experiencing with accessing on mobile/Chrome. I will have your account manager reach out to get additional information. Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

Works well for our team

Pros

This software has the ability to cover several aspects of the business, from finance and sales to project management and time tracking. It is great to be able to have al resources in one program. Our account manager is also great in helping us fully understand the capabilities and settings. She is always available to help train us to use the software even better.

Cons

There are some detailed features that we want to use, but are not currently in the software.

Response from Workamajig

Replied November 2018

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to review Workamajig! I'm glad to hear that your team has gained value by having using our product for many areas of business. We would love to look into the unavailable features you mentioned, can you please email support@workamajig.com with additional details? Looking forward to hearing from you! As always, please feel free to reach out with any questions. Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

Lauren from CTP

Director of Account Management

Pros

Timesheet organization, budgeting and reporting are all things I need to be aware of in live time to have my team do their jobs the best to their ability. Workamajig allows us to pull these reports in nearly real time so we can adjust projects, create efficiencies and course correct as needed.

Cons

Resource Management is key for our agency, and the system makes resource management a big job to keep up with. To keep resourcing updated, there is lot of maintenance required in the system. So much so, that we may default to google docs or another system entirely.

Response from Workamajig

Replied October 2018

Hi Lauren, Thank you for sharing your feedback on WMJ; the areas that work well and the ones we can improve upon. We are constantly striving to better our user experience and our support team is happy to review questions as well as ways to streamline processes at support@workamajig.com. Best regards, Megan Ivan Team WMJ

Effective, sometimes.

Pros

Great for managing time with shorter projects or orknxedre that wont span more than a couple days. The platinum update was a great improvement upon the old system with some great features for working on smaller projects.

Cons

The arent always helpful and somethings Disrupt work on a creative side because there is no lead time or announcement of when and what the updates will be. Granted that might be given to others and not relayed down to our team and that is an internal issue

Response from Workamajig

Replied December 2018

Hi there, Thank you for sharing your experience with our product, the parts that work well and the ones you feel we can improve on. Workamajig is designed to support long and short projects, and we'd be happy to review your use of the program to ensure you are maximizing your ROI. Additionally, you can subscribe to receive release notes regarding software updates. In Platinum, click your avatar and click 'edit default settings' and check off 'Receive System Messages'. Please feel free to reach out with any questions at support@workamajig.com - we're here to help! Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

My Review

If I didn't have to use it at work, then I would never otherwise use it. The extreme lack of design seriously hampers the software.

Pros

Being able to update my timesheet from anywhere

Cons

Being in flash, the awkwardness of the windows, and the extreme lack of design make it a very clunky program to use.

Response from Workamajig

Replied November 2018

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback. I'd like to improve your experience with our product. Have you had an opportunity to check out the all new Workamajig Platinum Interface? We've completely rebuilt the product to be more responsive, intuitive and easier to navigate and have already rolled this out for most users. There's no added costs for platinum and you can check it out at any time by simply adding /platinum to the end of your login url. We've also set up walk-throughs to help you navigate the new interface and can offer free training on the new apps. Please feel free to reach out with any questions at support@workamajig.com. Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

Overall clunky unclear interface

Pros

It allows me to track my time, as required by my company.

Cons

The overall UI seems clunky and difficult to navigate. As a disclaimer, I use platinum which I know is still beta. The endless amount of sidebar pull-out drawers is a confusing and difficult way to structure this type of software. It's very easy to lose your place. I'm a fairly minimal user of Workamajig at this point, my main uses are tracking time in my time sheet, marking tasks complete, and reviewing the schedule to see who should receive the ticket next.

Response from Workamajig

Replied October 2018

Hi there, Thank you for your review of Workamajig. All of the functions you mentioned can be done straight from the Task Card from the Today-Creatives screen. You can enter time, mark task as completed, and by using the Folder icon you can quickly navigate to the Schedule of the related project. They can also switch to the task grid view to expand the row to enter time/mark as completed without opening up side panels. Please feel free to reach out to support@workamajig.com and we'll be happy to walk through this with you. Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

Mark from The Mx Group

A review

Pros

In Platinum, you can star specific tasks, which helps to organize your day and keep track of what you should be working on.

Cons

Platinum requires more clicks to do the same thing (like 100%ing tasks), and I frequently couldn't figure out how to do certain things after my experience with Classic. Classic frequently bugs out and requires a refresh (and logging in again).

Response from Workamajig

Replied November 2018

Hi Mark, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience; the areas that work well and the ones we can improve upon. We are happy to offer complimentary training to aide our clients in transitioning from Classic to Platinum. We also have resources available for our Platinum users including new walk-throughs to help navigate the interface as well as Platinum tips listed in this link: http://help.workamajig.com/platinum-tips. Our training team is happy to get a review scheduled at training@workamajig.com Best regards, Megan Team WMJ

Executive Assistant to Managing Partners

Pros

You can easily view other calendars to schedule a meeting. Meeting times can be easily broken down. I've always been an Outlook calendar user, but we use WMJ for meetings and manage time billed to a client project.

Cons

Printing others calendars is probably my biggest gripe with WMJ. When I print out other peoples calendars it prints my name on the bottom of the page. It should read like "Jane Doe 00/00/00 - Printed By XXXXXX".

Response from Workamajig

Replied November 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback! I believe we have a resolution to the issue mentioned; when printing the calendar using Calendar View option, you can also choose "Display Legend." This will print the legend on the printout since each calendar can have multiple people or resource selected to view/print. Please let us know if you have further questions and if we can be of any assistance at support@workamajig.com. Best regards, Megan Ivan Team WMJ

Clara from Petrol Advertising

Platinum vs Original

-I was trained on Workamajig Platinum and original at the same time as the office was transitioning from the old version when I was onboarding. In the end, the functionality of the original version made it necessary to stick to the old one to get work done though I prefer the look and feel of Platinum. - Please make Platinum able to print diaries without losing formatting -- our office needs hard copies - Also please add the missing "Track Budgets" selection on "Schedule" in Platinum which is needed to do timesheets and estimates. Previous version had to customize to add the column of check boxes, but not sure where this is in Platinum. - One more request for copying templates from another project --- would be great to have the ability to copy over without copying the people who were previously assigned to that project.

Pros

- Interface looks great - Lots of fantastic features from project management to timesheets to tracking budgets

Cons

- Diary posts don't print consistent formatting - Some features lost from the previous version - Timesheets can get glitchy when adjusting and deleting hours as you go throughout the day

Jose from Sanders Wingo Advertising

Workamajig is as powerful as it is complicated

Workamajig makes it easy to track your project. It seems to track everything from start to delivery. But I feel that our organization isn't using it to it's full potential. For instance, I don't use it to estimate projects. We use excel for that. it seems like I should be using it from start to finish and not just to enter my time and write PO's. I wish we knew it completely, we could really tap into it's power. I would love it if it was as intuitutive as an Apple product.

Pros

I like that how all the functions thread together. Platinum has a better interface than the old version that some people in our office uses. Once you have a handle on the software you can unlock a lot of it's potential.

Cons

It can be complicated sometimes. It is not as intuitive as I would like, so I need to ask a more seasoned user how to execute PO search functions, etc., and even then it can be trial and error.

JENNIFER from MGM Communications

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Better upgrades

Really like the live/speed aspect, that as soon as someone approves their time, I can see it right away and add it to the billing. The newer features that allow me to drill down into more information, or click on a link to take me to a new screen is turning out to be super helpful to solve issues.

Pros

I'm really liking the new Platinum version, and seeing what new features are offered. Especially now that I can use it on my iPad!

Cons

Don't like that I lost the ability to open a page in a new window.

Response from Workamajig

Replied November 2018

Hi Jennifer, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our product. I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying the updates we've worked to develop, and that you've gained value from the real time updates in Workamajig! Please note that if ctrl+click the page you'd like to open, it will open in a separate window :) Please feel free to reach out with any questions at support@workamajig.com. Regards, Hannah Team WMJ [: ]

Ellie from Helix Education

Great customer support; up and coming product

Pros

This product is up and coming. It has a lot of great features but not everything but their developers are currently developing more and more each day. If you are a customer you can put in requests for how you want things to work and they submit them as tickets to their developers to consider. The software has a lot of features already that you can use and are adding more each release (about once a month). The customer service is great and the software is very very reasonably priced.

Cons

The current system requires manual work on our part in some cases to accomplish things that used to be automated in the system we used to use. The manual work is time consuming for us. Since the developers are currently working on the product the system does have some bugs and we discover them occasionally and have to work around them until Workamajig can fix them.

Response from Workamajig

Replied May 2018

Hi Ellie, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! As Platinum continues to improve, we are happy to provide training on new features and review streamlining processes. Let us know if we can be of any assistance at support@workamajig.com. Best regards, Megan Team WMJ