WorkOtter Reviews

4.95 / 5 (155) FrontRunners

Our advisors have recommended this product 19 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "I love that I can customize the dashboards and that this tool allows us to forecast projects which helps us with reporting to upper management. And the Gantt charts! 😍"

• "WorkOtter is possibly the best software I have to use at work. Would highly recommend!"

• "The ability to plan a project to a very detailed or very simple level with all options in between. Very adaptable to the level of planning a particular product needs."

• Cons

• "So far so good, our only disappointment was we wanted to get started right away and we had to wait, but we understand in 2020 everything has a delay :) "

• "No notable cons, but aesthetically could be a little more attractive. But still does the job enough. "

• "Mobile works great but some of the features are desktop only and easy to use but we would love to be able to skin the app. "

Browse WorkOtter Reviews

Kristina from Embody the Bee

Industry: Environmental Services

This Was the Right Choice!

The overall experience has been overwhelmingly exciting, and the people who are involved with this software played a large part in this. The sales officials, support team, and installation guides have all instilled a sense of trust in me with WorkOtter. There were a few confusing moments throughout the learning process, and the staff on-call through WorkOtter really took charge of the situation for us. Every question we have had has been answered and in a satisfying way.

Pros

There are so many things that I like about this software but just to name a few I would have to say for sure the cohesive way it functions with Microsoft Excel. We are at the beginning of our companies development, and so until diving into this program we have been using strictly Microsoft software to maintain scheduling, data, reports, etc.. The transition has been easy and enjoyable as everything aligns very well with our current documents and what other employees are comfortable using at this beginning stage. Another great thing I have discovered about this software are the interactive visuals within reports. These are great for understanding the flow of finances, the growth (or lack of it) that is taking place, along with the strategies that are underway that are (or aren't) making an impact. Now that I have this tool in front of me, I can better make decisions and in turn, provide more impactful data to the other people on my team.

Cons

Nothing! It has been such a game-changer within our business in just the few months we have been using it.

Reasons for Choosing WorkOtter

The first reason that WorkOtter caught my attention was how much more affordable it was compared to its competition. What kept my attention was the interaction dashboard options, the visual aids, and the ease of the software overall. I felt like everything else I looked at was quite a bit overwhelming, so when I was exploring the samples from WorkOtter, I was nothing short of impressed by how easily I could navigate through it with no prior experience. That is what made me make the commitment, and I have no regrets.

Amy from Oppenheimer

Incredibly interactive, illustrative, imaginative & engaging. Love it!

I would say 'WOW '! My experience was really great. It was far more intuitive that I expected. For even an employee of mediocre knowledge, any of our personnel would be able to get up to speed with this very quickly. So our employees wouldn't need to spend an exorbitant amount of time in training.. The reporting is truly amazing & advanced. For example, when you click on the ‘reports’ dropdown, there are so many great reports to choose from, depending on what our managers are desiring that particular day. This for me is really key. And from what I can tell so far, they are very visually appealing as well (high color, dashboard animations, seeing multiple metrics on the same dashboard, how data bubbles change over time, etc). Overall, I am very pleased with the aesthetics & ease-of-use.

Pros

I absolutely love that I would have the ability to see different views within the company (ie. Organization overview vs. Project Manager vs. Team Member).. Really nice! I am big on reporting as this is my particular role within my company now, so I LOVE that you have a ‘financials’ & ‘reports’ section to be easily found under the “projects” tab. It also appears to be nicely customizable, to change font and/or add in our Logo. The drag-between feature to create dependencies is probably something I would utilize as well. So far it appears to be VERY intuitive & user-friendly. (ie. Can easily extend out a project end-date) And since I mentioned I am big on reporting, I also am happy to hear that there is a 2-way sync with importing from Excel. PERFECT! Our team uses Asana quite heavily, & it looks like the Kanban board is very similar for work flow, so that seems like it would be very easy to utilize. I have 11 years of background in WallStreet, so I really love the ‘x-ray’ vision in the Roadmap area. Being able to see excess capacity is really amazing too to watch over personnel, & being able to try out the ‘what if scenarios’ is quite impactful.

Cons

So far, I have not found anything I do not like. I am big on reporting, & this program has everything I could ask for. Truly

Reasons for Choosing WorkOtter

Based upon the interactivity, the live-views of reporting, the what-if scenarios, and being able to see personnel hours, Gantt charts, Open API's, for example, are a few of the many reasons why I would choose WorkOtter over the others in the market. There are an incredible amount of reports available to choose from, as well as being able to input a certain kind of report into another. Very engaging software. Highly recommend!

Comprehensive project management tool for all project phases

Pros

Cons

Single-currency. For international projects it would be very impactful to be able to see fiscal amounts in currencies used, rather than having to manually calculate outside the systems.

Response from WorkOtter

Replied November 2018

Thank you for your response. We appreciate your overall score but some of your sub scores encourages us to do better. Notably - your support experience didn't live up to your expectations. We take great pride in our support (college educated, min 5 years PPM experience, US only, many rounds of testing/interviewing). At WorkOtter our support team is some of our best paying and most appreciated roles (unlike competitors who it is offshore or underappreciated) Kindly contact your Success Manager to elaborate on your experience and we would be happy to address your concerns. We are all here to help you.

Cheryl from Arctic

Industry: Environmental Services

WorkOtter to WorkBetter!

WorkOtter has been a pleasure to work with! It is extremely user friendly for our most tech-savvy employees to those who struggle with new technology. I highly recommend this software for project management needs.

Pros

Everyone at my company loves WorkOtter! It has been a great addition to organize and properly resource our tasks and projects. The sandbox is a great resource to plan out future possibilities and move tasks around as needed. I especially love how the dashboards can be customized per user, giving everyone exactly what they need in one easy to use dashboard. The animations integrated with the dashboard is a wonderful bonus and the perfect way to view all the data. Another nice feature with the dashboards is that it categorizes urgent tasks so I'm not sifting through a lot of information to get to the important tasks for the day. This software is perfect for individual user and integrates perfectly for team use across the board!

Cons

We have no complaints so far with the use of this software, it's been great!

Reasons for Choosing WorkOtter

WorkOtter was my choice because it's user friendly for everyone in my company. The interactive dashboards are perfect for what we need and I can see using this long term across different projects.

I wanted more features.

Aaron from Expert Marketeers

Where has WorkOtter been my entire PM life???

Our small but growing agency has been using a combination of Asana and Smartsheets for years. This is because a large portion of our team are creatives (designers/video editors), we used Asana for internal comms and the KANBAN style board to get this work from ideation to development, and finally to distribution. We used smartsheets to keep our client's up-to-date with completed work doneand invoicing. As our work has gotten more complex, we started seeing the need to fully combine these two systems: automate.io was the only solution on the market and even this looked like it would make things more complicated to keep the system working over time. We needed something that worked and didn't require constant updates to the API. Thats's when we were told about WorkOtter. Our sales person was able to answer all of our questions, and helped us find solutions to our current Best Practices. It was like he had a solution for everything we threw at him!

Pros

- Our WorkOtter rep Dave, gave our team the best possible training. It only took us 3.5 weeks to get our entire team onboarded and using the program. - The open APIs allow us to sync with various sytems including JIRA and even excel sheets. This allows us to pipe data directly to our clients! - Dashboards that can be customized. What's even more amazing is that these dashboards are community-based, so improvements and additions are being made constantly. - Most important for us, since we are always on the road, is the ability of the system to work well as a mobile experience.

Cons

Onboarding was great, but getting that started took a bit of time. Not so much a CON for the software or its team.....everyone's resources have been stretched thin due to COVID-19. We'll get through this!

Reasons for Choosing WorkOtter

‐ The ability to quickly switch between interactive ‐ Portfolio management is best in class, I haven't seen other PM programs with this many features. ‐ Gantt charts too! ‐ APIs are completely open, and allow us to pipe information to our clients without trouble. Any issues we had, the WorkOtter team was extremely helpful. It's hard to get service like that from most of the PM software you can find in the market today. - Very easy to use.

Reasons for Switching to WorkOtter

We outgrew our ability to use Asana and Smartsheets together.

Jason from PBJ Business Solutions

We Have Found Our Project/Resource Management Home!

No surprises and the implementation was as promised..30 days!

Pros

The feature I like most is the "sandbox" for my "what if" scenarios... I am able to project in more ways and more accurately with a click and a drag!

Cons

The software is intuitive but with covid, our team took a little while to get up to speed... Not really the software's fault.

Reasons for Choosing WorkOtter

Ultimately, WorkOtter met or exceeded all our needs. There are so many useful features that will allow us to take our game to the next level... From the "what-if" scenarios in the sandbox, to the "role-centric" dashboards, to the data animations, and on and on..... I am able to manage my entire firm, from people to assets, at glance! WorkOtter was hands-down the clear choice.

Reasons for Switching to WorkOtter

We needed a more robust platform and wanted to integrate more features.

Amelia from CMIMS

Platform to grow with

Great experience! The 30 day implementation plan launched us into using WorkOtter effectively and helped us grow into the tools and capabilities. The support team is fabulous and invested in our success.

Pros

I love this product for it's gorgeous, easy-to-use dashboards. It's so customizable and intuitive in matters of personalization. You can tell that visual displays of data and reports are important to the developers. The resource management tools are also very helpful, both for planning and post-mortem. The predictive portfolio timeline features is a great tool for allocating work to different teams or people, and it's easy to compare actual hours worked with forecasts, in order to better predict in the future.

Cons

The powerful tools can be a lot to take in at first! The on-boarding process is very helpful, with excellent support, but a some adjustment was needed to take full advantage of the software.

Reasons for Choosing WorkOtter

The interactive dashboards were a key tool we were looking for and we were also very drawn by the personalized training and implementation plans for onboarding, since that was our biggest concern.

Dennis from KidZania USA

Incredible Interactive Dashboards / Probably the best I've seen before

The guy who held a demo video call for us showed so many features. I really like it when IT companies pay a lot of attention to customer service. I've had many demo sessions before. This one was probably the best. Overall, I had a really good experience.

Pros

1) You can create a business process flow - which is super helpful. 2) Animated dashboards look awesome. You can show the change in the performance or in the number of resources over time. 3) Well Developed Project Planning - You can hover and see the critical path, etc. 4) The portfolio feature is super beneficial. If you have more than 2-3 projects, you can see the FTE depending on the project's timeline. This all is interactive, so if you move one project it will recalculate the resource allocation for you.

Cons

I would say this software for PMP's or Project Managers with Experience. Beginners will have to learn the theory first. However, so far the software is perfect.

Reasons for Switching to WorkOtter

1) The Portfolio feature 100%. 2) Resource management capabilities. 3) Status reports with interactive dashboards 4) Maturity of the scheduling feature. You can really identify the critical path and track it, etc.

Tope from Business Derivatives

Workotter fits my organizations projects like a glove

It was easy to work with the engineer from Workotter to personalize our software and dashboards to the needs of my company. The 30 days implementation plan gave us the peace of mind and enough time to get acquainted with the system while knowing assistance is always at hand. The support team have been excellent so far and very knowledgeable when i contact them.

Pros

I love that the software was personalize to my company's projects. It also syncs easily to Microsoft excel which enables me to work on excel when i want to and easily transfer into the software. In a world of team collaboration, this software does a fantastic job.

Cons

None so far. Everything has been working great since we started using it.

Reasons for Switching to WorkOtter

We needed a software that was easy to use, more interactive and personalized to our projects

Daniell from Virtual Avenger

Industry: Executive Office

WorkOtter lets me keep track of ALL my puzzle pieces

We needed something to bring together all the features we needed (and were using too many programs to accomplish) and WorkOtter did that.

Pros

Cons

No cons to list yet - we're still building it out!

Reasons for Choosing WorkOtter

Much more adaptive and intuitive than a clunky spreadsheet system!

Reasons for Switching to WorkOtter

It allowed us to consolidate

Working productively - Easier Done!

When I needed assistance, I got just that. No runaround, no leading, straight answers, and confirmations. As I've stated, you will have to take some time to learn the program but it's for the benefit of alleviating management tasks. Have questions, you can always call customer service to fulfill any lingering questions/doubts. I'm more than happy with my experience and I relaying my appreciation to others has provided others with the same positive experience!

Pros

Ease of access is something every project manager, team, boss, or client, looks for in much of the planning process. Provided within the Excel Spreadsheet, helping to better utilize WorkOtter, are different resources which enable easier accessibility. As a project manager, efficiency is something I'm always looking for, without having to go through the hurdles of worrying about maintaining organization. The WorkOtter forecasts enable me to see the efficiency/productivity of different departments/projects within the company without having to recreate the wheel. It also allows me to see how different members of the team are keeping up with responsibilities – effectively managing productivity all at once – and keep track of workload. Certain projects will burden team members, but it’s difficult to assess without a system that provides that resource and WorkOtter provides the analyses to highlight areas of need be it hiring new staff or contracting. I can use the resource management and capacity features to increase productivity while also enabling the Open API's to connect with other systems. Data collecting on WorkOtter allows for presumptive planning by stretching projects out to better visualize productivity of tasks. The project timeline keeps managers focused on what’s coming up, what’s overdue, and what’s been completed. It’s more than just a list of dates but a visual tool that is color-coded and for those who want to move from the usual, basic, calendar and date method.

Cons

Getting started can be a little overwhelming. There are a lot of features and it takes a bit of time to get comfortable with the platform. I had to sit down and study it in order to feel truly comfortable and this is something that could get in the way for others who aren't apt to figuring things out on their own.

Hessel from iThrive Publishing.

It is outstanding project management software system that is rich in features.

It is an incredibly useful PM-system and it really helps the PMs to manage their projects. In addition, it has an outstanding dashboard option which makes it easy to generate real time dashboard reports. This means that the PM can focus on running his/her projects and can communicate adequately with management without having to spend hours on weekly reports. Trust me, I have been there as a PMO and with other systems, the PMs have to agonize over reports. WorkOtter enables generating reports with the flick of a finger (literally)! Another benefit is resource management, which is often missing in PM systems. They often make it easy to assign resources to tasks, but it doesn't help if you can't see who is over allocated. With WorkOtter, it is easy to see and also to move resources between tasks. Finally, WorkOtter syncs with 'familiar' tools such as MS Project or Jira. This made it easier for me to get to use it, as I have lots of experience with them.

Pros

I have used numerous PM software systems and they each tend to focus on certain features. WorkOtter has numerous features which means it makes it much easier for PMs to manage their projects. For example, it has a section to initiate requests, which is usually missing. It has comprehensive resource management and the reporting module is an absolute dream! I could go on and on, but this section has specifically asked for what I like "most"! I am a PMP-certified PM and, as such, am really particular about PM-software. I have used industry standard software for a number of years and when one takes a look at WorkOtter, one can see immediately that that one has been short changed. WorkOtter is the ONLY software system that I have used that has features that should be basic in any PM-system.

Cons

I personally really like the interactive nature of the system, but I think that slightly less technical users may need to undergo a learning curve in order to get the full benefit. Imagine graphs that can be dissected and dragged and dropped to look more meaningful! Yes, you may need to try a bit to get it right, but once you get the hang of it, you will fly!

Muhammad Ali from COMSATS

User Friendly and very effective PM software

Satisfied to choose WorkOtter as our Project Management software. Developed exactly according to the needs of Project managers. Organizing our tasks were not been as smoother as these are now with the help of this Software. WorkOtter seems like a member of our team which supports us in an incredible way.

Pros

WorkOtter has provided us an opportunity to get control over our complex tasks. Organization of tasks is extremely simple in the software. The software is highly user friendly and doesn’t require hours and hours of training to get used to it. Perfect software for scheduling and communication. As a PC I am always updated on the project, it takes few moments to have a check on the activities of my colleagues. Integration of files is easy on to the online database. Easy execution of sharing and uploading files saves time. Assigning taks to members has become so convenient with WorkOtter. 2 way synchronization with JIRA is an additional benefit. The interface is aesthetically designed which is soothing to eyes. The level of customization in the software made me feel empowered and that is what you need as a PC. Lastly, it is affordable and the amount of benefits it entails definitely makes it worthy to use.

Cons

Until now the software is working pretty fine. There are no major glitches which we have encountered. Initially, some very minor concerns appeared because it was a new software for us however, the more we are using it, we are getting familiar with the software. I think due to its high customization we are unable to find any major drawback so far.

Jessica from UI Health

By far the best project management software!

There are so many benefits WorkOtter has brought to our company. We never realized how broken our communication was before using the software. We were not meeting deadlines and everyone always seemed to be on a different page when it came to making decisions. Communication is key when it comes to project management, WorkOtter helped us realize that.

Pros

We use WorkOtter for all project management in our department. Specifically, we use the software to create tasks, modify deadlines, and prioritize projects according to budget and objectives. With the help of the analytical tools in the Dashboard, we were able to stay consistent with reporting and making decisions. It was also great that we can customize dashboards according to the user role. Not only does it have amazing features, but it also created a supportive and team building work environment. The software automates team collaboration and has brought us together as an organization in many ways. You can easily keep track of status on tasks, and easily assign team members with work. So, you will be always on time. Our communication as a whole has never been better. By far the best product we've used!

Cons

The software has brought so many positive features to our company. I couldn't find any significant drawbacks.

Alex from Interact Barlad

My best way to save time

First of all, we are happy we picked WorkOtter because now it’s easier to see what my collaborators are doing and if they do it well. Also, we are more organised and the efficiency is better now and it was a problem in my company because we made a good work but we had long time results. Also, WorkOtter hadn’t some surprises like putting pressure to buy more and it made us more comfortable with this software.

Pros

The thing I’ve liked the most was that it is a complex program, with many features, but it is very easy to use. For example, a nice feature which I loved was that me, as a manager, I could subscribe to reports and after that I’ve received a lot of information directly on my e-mail and I think this is great for managers to see how is the specific project going and where they can work too to make it better. Also, on my e-mail I got all updates, but I got attached dashboards. Also, another thing I’ve liked were the interactive visuals inside reports and I mean by that I could see all the work using infographics and custom the schedule, see my workers’ individual work. With that, I could understand all the complex data easier, discover patterns and find the problems of my workers so that I could talk to them.

Cons

I think WorkOtter is the best software I’ve ever user. I thought it will have some problems which I’ve discovered on other softwares like this but I can’t complain about nothing because all was good for me and we were happy because we choose the right software and I hope it won’t disappoint us in the future.

Project management was never easier before! WO is a comprehensive and contemporary PMP solution.

A professional project management tool that can be utilized to ensure a higher ROI.

Pros

The app comes with awesome features like exhaustive project planning tools, portfolio management modules, human resource allocation and collaboration with team members, useful professional reports and charting options and several utilities that make life easier for managers like me. I am fascinated to see how easily I can create a LCM (Life Cycle Model) flowchart and assign tasks to my team members in no time. Moreover I can track performance of my team members vividly and can take adequate actions as and when required. The data is laid out neatly and can be accessed with a few clicks. The datasheets can also easily be downloaded and mailed. In addition any datasheet in Excel or CSV format can directly be uploaded and integrated to the online database without any hassle. But above all I appreciate the clean and easy-to-use interface that makes my job faster and more efficient. The simplified approach ultimately saves me recurring cost, execution time and corporate resources. Just imagine that one can even customize and relocate the columns in the datasheets! I cannot ignore the fact that WorkOtter is affordable and I do not have to spend money like water for the product. In reality a business can reduce managerial cost by a significant limit by using the wonderful cost-effective software! The last but not the least, as the tool utilizes the most contemporary SaaS architecture, I am happy to believe that the app is fully secure and my data is protected.

Cons

WorkOtter does what it should do serving the objective of a sophisticated project management application and it is difficult to find a loophole in it. However it gives a scope of improvement when the web version and the mobile version are compared closely as a few features are desktop-only and are not available on the mobile version of the app. Nevertheless the mobile app is equally fast and useful. Though I have already praised the UI greatly, it could be better if it could offer users a few color schemes or skin templates to choose from to customize the interface.

Chester from Wontok

WorkOtter: A Dream come true for every Project Managers

It was a wonderful and satisfying experience with WorkOtter. I must admit there were challenges but their 30 days implementation plan really worked wonder. We were never worried because the support teams were really knowledgeable and were there to support us until we have successfully have deployed the system.

Pros

One thing that I really liked about Workotter is the way how we can customize the displays. It gives Project Managers a lot of flexibility to customize the dashboard into his own style. It offers simple and a very easy way on how to create your own custom menu, where you can assign your own categories and reports. This saves a lot of time getting the right information or data that you want. Truly, this is one of the strong assets of Workotter. Another great thing about WorkOtter is their support team. they have answered my queries in the fastest manner and more importantly they are friendly. They have handled all of my queries during the 30 days implementation and so far I am more than satisfied with their support.

Cons

As per evaluation, so far we are very happy with Workotter. Though, we encountered some challenges setting it up, but all of those are just minor concerns that has been fixed already. The experience so far has been great. They have an amazing support that helps us set our business up and running. We know we made the right choice with Workotter.

Matthew from Triple Bar Coffee

Everything I need and then some!

Pros

WorkOtter has been great so far! I am usually a bit nervous whenever we pick up a new piece of software to start using, especially with something as critical as project management tools. The WorkOtter support team was great with onboarding and getting the team up to speed relatively quickly. Now that we've got the software set up and have had some time to move our projects over, we're starting to see the full benefits. The email reports have been great and were really easy to customize to my liking. Clean dashboards seem to be a really popular feature these days and WorkOtter's are pretty great. I like that I can keep the information I need right at the top and have other, less important information pushed down the page. Customizing the layout to my preferences was straightforward. If there's something that catches my attention in the dashboard, I will usually drill down into the more detailed view and export that data into Excel where I can do my own manipulations. Since I'm still a bit more comfortable with Microsoft Project for a few edge cases, I like that integration between the two pieces of software is straightforward. Usually, I try to avoid exporting though, because the built-in tools in WorkOtter almost always cover my use case if I just put in a bit of effort to learn them. All in all, my experience with the software has been great. It's comforting to know that if any questions do come up, the support team is always responsive.

Cons

No major complaints about the software, once we got used to the fact that it's entirely cloud based and some features are desktop only.

WorkOtter - Providing New and Exciting Innovations for Project Management!

The team at WorkOtter has been fantastic. Every team member I have worked with has been helpful, and the implementation time was less than 30 days which is amazing. I did not feel pressured to expand beyond my immediate needs at this time, and overall am really thankful for the great experience the staff has provided.

Pros

This product has been extremely easy to use. The first feature that I have found the most useful is the main dashboard, which utilizes an easy-to-read graphic interface to provide me with real-time data on a variety of project variables. I am able to quickly filter and view projects that need my critical attention, which helps to direct my day in a more efficient manner. The second feature that I love is the ability to source dashboards and reports from open community sources. This software provides a wide variety of new and innovative ways of understanding and staying on track of my project's resource allocation needs, which is a huge plus in my day-to-day workload.

Cons

I have not yet found anything so far that I dislike about the software. So far it has met my needs and is a great addition to my PM tools.

Reasons for Choosing WorkOtter

This product was much more affordable than other options I was considering, and also provided the interactive dashboard feature which was different than all other products I am familiar with.

Reasons for Switching to WorkOtter

I felt like WorkOtter provided an exceptional layout that was easy to use and simplified my daily workload in ways other software did not. The graphics and ease of changing the layouts to fit my individual needs were also very important factors in my decision.

Ilya from White Label Crowdfunding

Just amazing set of tools and functionality! There is everything I need in one place.

We became better organized on the portfolio and projects levels. We have better control on smaller things, which always slip away. The most important outcome is that we can see the better picture now and make better decisions.

Pros

I'd like specifically highlight Dashboards, Reports and the whole entire set of available analytical tools. It's very easy to set them up and adjust on the fly. So, you can make better decisions in very short times. Also, all the dashboards are tailored to the user's role. Moreover, you can build your own dashboards, which is very helpful. It's very easy and convenient to start using the solution, but at the same time it has advanced PM features (issues, risks, changes, status reporting). You can easily keep track of status on the projects and assigned team members with work, So, you will be always on time. System has various very useful 2-way integrations with other ones like JIRA, Excel and Microsoft Project. So, you will never feel the pain of system migration.

Cons

This solution is so powerful, I couldn't find any significant drawbacks. English is the only language supported and there is single currency available, but I do believe that this is just a matter of time and would be solved very soon.

Response from WorkOtter

Replied November 2018

Ilya and her team were rock stars and made implementing the project and portfolio features so easy on us. We also appreciate your willingness to share your dashboards with our other users via the dashboard library. We have had many positive comments on the resource and executive dashboard you built and your willingness to "pay it forward" is a testament to your passion for PPM practices!

Deana from Organized By DMP

Industry: Program Development

WorkOtter has changed the way I manage projects

As a project manager I am always looking for ways to add a visual aspect of projects to share with my team and with WorkOtter's dashboards I can make this happen. Role management is also a great way to keep my team organized and focused on only the data and elements that they need to see. The resource management tool is a lifesaver. It allows me to track my team's utilization as well as scale up or down the resources I need to get any project completed on time and under budget - without burning out my team members. MS Project sync is another excellent feature to get a project started in WorkOtter. I can work out the details I need regarding my project privately via MS Project and then upload it to WorkOtter so that my team can view the plans, resources and budgets as needed. The option to continue working in MS Project or switch entirely to WorkOtter is valuable and seamless. I also find the ability to easily create custom reporting on the fly a feature of great importance. Quite frequently I am called upon to present timelines, budgets or resource constraints which makes it helpful to present data in an easily readable format to my customers or executives in a timely manner. WorkOtter is a great tool in a market of sub par competitors. If you are a Program /Project Manager, Solution Designer or Developer, WorkOtter will help you stay on track and remain informed of your responsibilities and those of your team members.

Pros

The dashboards are easy to create and full of valuable information. The role management capability is crucial to managing resources and budgets. The governance model helps team members understand the work flow and how things get done.

Cons

The software needs to be more flexible to integrate with 3rd party solutions outside of MS project. There is no way to track time inside of the application via timer.

Andrey from Lionbridge

Industry: Translation and Localization

Is a very user friendly tool, it can be used by Junior or Senior PM, simple, efficient and dinamic.

Pros

I really love how simple the tool really is, with that I mean, if a have a new Junior PM or Project coordinator in the team, will be easy for that collegue to get into track very quicky, is not like other tools where you have to spend hours and hours in training. Next to that, the tool also provides with amaizing advanced PM features that allows me to have everything under control, create reports, update status, check changes and all that. Another great part of the software is how interactive the reports are, as a Project Manager i am always looking to provide with information in the most simple way possible, WorkOtter allows me to do that but without leaving behind the visual and interactive side of it. A project usually mean time and time will ALWAYS mean money, one of our favorite tools as PM in order to have time under control are the Gantt charts, WorkOtter offer me a great variaty of interactive features in order to make my charts more useful and correlative at the same time, is incredible the amount of information that you can get from a good structurated Gantt charts, thanks to this tool now I can provide the status to the folks almost everyday without spending hours updating the chart and the info.

Cons

I will like to been able to personalize the user guide interface of the software according to a specific project or company, this talking about branding and marketing. For example, when I am in a meeting been able to personalize the reports and tools

Nick from AAC Live

More than project management

Having used many different project management tools, WorkOtter seems to take the best of each and combine it into one system. As someone who leads a team, it's been fairly easy for me to onboard project managers and other stakeholders who need access to our projects and workflows.

Pros

I really like the ability to customize displays as different members of our management team prefer to view the dashboard in other configurations. It makes working with a team pretty simple and allows us to constantly adapt as we build out our projects through the software. There are a lot of ways to automate aspects of team collaboration which has been helpful for us not having to delegate those tasks to someone else. It's been easy to get our team to buy into the system with the email updates sent out to our management team. Naturally with any new software certain members of the team aren't as quick to learn the whole system but the emails allow those who aren't as comfortable on the platform get a snapshot of various projects and extract the necessary data. The software also integrates with a number of other web apps and software using their API's so we've been able to continue to use our favorite tools and we are now using them more efficiently since it's tied into our project management system.

Cons

No glaring issues with the software, everything has been working well. There are some features we use regularly that are only available in the desktop version but it hasn't really prevented us from doing what we need to do.

James from Boost Media Group

WorkOtter represents the two most important features of project management; discipline and agility.

Pros

I am the Senior Project Manager for a Digital Marketing Agency and have been doing project management work for over 20 years using Microsoft Project primarily. The greatest advantage WorkOtter provides is the ability to do project setup once and then iterate through changes to the project plan such as scope increases, new requirements, changes to the resources needed to support the project and even group interdisciplinary projects into portfolios at the click of the mouse. A project manager the ability to take advantage of the automated features of WorkOtter such as data analytics and visualization to show the most critical executive the status of things (good and bad) in a matter of minutes vice hours and days.

Cons

The learning curve to become highly proficient with the software is significant. However, the return on your investment of time to learn the intimate capabilities of the software is high. You will recoup all the time spent leaning how to use WorkOtter through the reduction in time to manipulate the project to show a detailed performance picture for the work being done.

Andrew from TrialCard

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Definitely makes my workflow easier. At various stages of a project I can easily adjust utilization.

We're saving time and blowing our old time-consuming processes away which drives our profitability.

Pros

My team's view on our PMO forecasting has never been more positive. WorkOtter lets me easily track and manage the assignments of resources while juggling multiple programs and client needs. None of my other tools have been hindered since I can hook right into MS Project and still provide the other reports my stakeholders are looking for. Plus there are some new reports within WorkOtter that give a new view into the allocation without having to re-schedule planning in another tool. Scheduling the reporting outputs into weekly emails is a cool feature, and has worked well by eliminating standing meetings that previously took too much time to cover the resourcing status to various directors. Team forecasting has greatly improved since being introduced into WorkOtter, and that saves us from finding out from clients where projects are either over or under allocated. Now we have the views to address needs with much more agility. The sandbox tool for project and portfolio planning helps our teams in planning sessions without having to save off multiple baselines before committing to our selected revisions.

Cons

We really like the ability to configure the questions, fields and layouts of the responsive interface. It would be great if we could apply our own theme to the skin of the layout to match our branding for our internal users.

Whately from BRF

Industry: Food Production

All I ever wanted plus Works with JIRA!

Pros

Well, me and my team used to manage all our projects with MS Project but the integration with Jira never worked quite well so I was looking for a different solution and I had a very positive experience with WorkOtter. Something that really surprised me was the support team, they were amazing and helped us out during the entire transition process which was a great deal as my team was overloaded and could not leave their daily jobs to work exclusively on this software transition. One other thing that seems simple but was a big deal for us is that WorkOtter send reports to users emails automatically. We have to do that a lot during the day and it saves time.

Cons

I am from Brazil and they support English only. I already mailed them with this suggestion but no ETA yet.

Lauren from FWC

The BEST software for resource management

Our firm started using WorkOtter as we were having a lot of trouble specifically managing internal time and resources and sharing information. WorkOtter has really allowed us to see the big picture with our scheduling and quickly identify phases where we are overallocated. We are now much more efficient and leveling our resources and forecasting, thanks to all of the useful tools and dashboard KPIs we can easily track.

Pros

WorkOtter has been a huge game-changer for me with regards to managing resources on multiple complex projects. I am now managing my project teams much more effectively and have been able to forecast much more accurately. I also LOVE the Gantt Charts, much easier to use, make changes, and I'm no longer pulling my hair out like I was with Microsoft Project.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything negative to say about it!

Reasons for Choosing WorkOtter

I believe we reviewed several other options, but I wasn't part of the decision-making process.

Reasons for Switching to WorkOtter

Several of our company PMs and team members were becoming increasingly frustrated with Microsoft Project and we weren't happy with lack of customer support.

Khan from Texas State University

Fast, Efficient, Collaborative and User friendly

I can easily keep track of the tasks, issues and risks. It also makes budget allocation very easy. Instant sharing and cloud platform makes it a very easy, efficient and handy tool.

Pros

The thing I like most about WorkOtter is that it is cloud based and so it can be used collaboratively within a large group without any issue. And that enables real time update and tracking making it very efficient. Tons of necessary features like interactive dashboard, gantt chart, PM features, forecasting, budgeting etc makes it a must have tool for project management. The dashboards are tailored to type of user, customizable reports, instant sharing, automatic distribution are some of the most desired features. Compatibility with excel and microsoft project is a big plus. I am using it for about two years and really satisfied with it.

Laura from ADDE Office Solutions

Team collaboration at it's finest.

Being able to see upfront pricing allows for faster decision making when comparing products. Questions about the product were answered quickly and their knowledge helps to understand the full capacity of the program and features.

Pros

The Gantt chart with features to make adjustments and review timeline possibilities. Building dashboards to collaborate better with team members. The syncing features help to improve documents and allows for better communication.

Cons

There really are not any cons to the software itself. With a little bit of a learning curve, the software is very useful and provides many features that are needed in project management.

Reasons for Switching to WorkOtter

The software is easy to use and offers more features.

Jingwen from Paragon One

WorkOtter - Best Project Management Tool!

This software keep me on track on all my projects that I am working on. It keeps me organized, efficient so that I could finish my project on time.

Pros

Accomplishing my work with WorkOtter has never been easier. It is so user friendly, and planning and scheduling can be done in a jiffy with Resource Management. One of the best features is Microsoft Project integration because I could download my work directly to Microsoft Excel.

Cons

I simply love the functions of WorkOtter and there is nothing that I can think of needs to be improve. However, it would be great if there are more than one language to choose from while using of the software, in the event that people from Asia would like to use or purchase the product for business.

Juliano from IBM

Complete system, still easy and simple to use

Pros

What I like the most about Work Otter is how simple and intuitive it is to work with and I am saying that compared to all other systems I've tried before. Overall it can be simple but it has advanced features that come in handy for a project manager, features such as status reporting, risks mitigation, changes to the project etc. Another feature that made a huge difference is that I can subscribe to a certain report and WorkOtter sends me regular emails with updates so I don't have to log in all the time to see what's happening to my project.

Cons

I am not a fan of cloud based systems and that's how Work Otter works but so far it's working so let's see how it goes...

Lisa from Plan It 4 U

One of the Greatest PPM tools- We Love WorkOtter

WorkOtter allows us to actively manage our projects and it has rich functions available to customize, create, and track any and every part of the project from every stage. It is used in any sector that needs project management. It really hits the nail on the head when it comes to resource management and organization. It also has a custom feel because it can be tailored depending on the customer sometimes. This aids in productivity because it is adequately sets up the system for our company's needs. As far as usability the product is great because it it simple and easy to learn. The tool is also great because it can integrate with Jira and MS project. We have several teams that use JIRA and MS Project and the integration makes it easier for our productivity. One of our favorite features are the dashboards because it also helps identify issues quickly and get to the really meat of the project faster. We have worked with several different PPM tools and WorkOtter is definitely one of the best products for PPM out there.

Pros

It really hits the nail on the head when it comes to Portfolio management, Resource Management, and organization. It also has a custom feel because it can be tailored depending on the customer needs. Furthermore, the integration between JIRA and MS Project is a plus because they are commonly used in many companies.

Cons

The graphics are good, and I realize it is an incredibly dense program, but even more enhanced graphics and general layouts would help from an aesthetic standpoint.

Aline from BRF

Industry: Food Production

Helps team collaborate, it is a solid and flexible system.

Pros

Work Otter has a clean and straightforward interface, with interactive visuals you can customize inside the reports. It also presents an excellent array of features for project managers and support for integrating other tools like Excel, Microsoft Project etc. It was nor complex at all to get started with and the whole system has a clean and up-to-date appearance, very intuitive which made it easy for me to figure out the basics of how to use it within a few minutes. Best PM system I ever used.

Cons

I would like to have local storage options, the only storage option currently available is Cloud and I am not really sure if this will work forever.

Carolina from IBM

Good for cross geo management, my team loves it!

Pros

Supporting a team spread between India, United States and Brazil is not easy and I had a hard time getting everybody on the same page but Workotter was the perfect tool to fix this gap. All dashboards are customized to the user's role so I can determine exactly levels of access, views, authorizations I want them to have, this way I protect the data and ensure a safe environment. Something I noticed a huge improvement is the project overall tracking. All my Team members find it easy to keep up with the assigned activities and have proper tracking of each project status and time and resources spent. Everything is great so far.

Edberto from Amcor

Industry: Packaging and Containers

An Amazing Project Management Tool

This software transformed how our supply team handled our projects, this has given us complete control of each activity, and increased our productivity dramatically. So, this program has done more for our company than any other that we have tried in the past.

Pros

WorkOtter is a complete project management tool, it has a simple user interface, much simpler than some other of its competitors, but is also has advanced PM features as well. You can customize it to look basically just like you want it, if you want, you can arrange your projects in a portfolio, for example. Any PM tool needs great storage as well, and WorkOtter gives you unlimited storage so you can link and attach documents without worrying about size. You can assign tasks to other team members, and you can easily check status and track activity times as well. So, this is easily the most complete, user friendly and usefull Project Management tool I have ever tried. Definitely recommend it.

Gisele from IBM

This is a great project management system, incredible tech support too!

Pros

Since I work with 4 different product categories in my company, the aspect I like the most about Work Otter is the ability of building project portfolios according to the category or work force I am working on for example. Before purchasing this software I had the chance to have a free live trial, the team was very supportive and patient showing all available features. WorkOtter was an affordable ppm considering the other options I had in hand.

Cons

WorkOtter in available only in English and I have employees in other countries, they understand English but not really well. It would be good to have it available in other languages.

Nathaly from BRF

Industry: Food Production

Straightforward, affordable and consistant plataform

Pros

I work with a team of senior and junior analysts so the intuitive interface that WorkOtter provides facilitates the work of knowledge multiplication and sharing of ideas. Being reasonably priced I was able to expand it to our other facilities and the team could use it to share their projects to each other more efficiently, due to the superb cross-project visibility, best practices were used among them. I can definitely point out the timesheets, reports and customizable dashboards as a positive feature, the visibility of information are to our team are as important as the content itself, so it took that on our advantage.

Cons

We have facilities around the world, I would like to suggest the app for our other sites, but English is the only language available.

Debra from Retail

Industry: Executive Office

A Better Way!

Service has been there to assist with everything including set-up. We were given every opportunity to ask questions and to understand the answers. Everyone, who will be utilizing the software, have been happy with the software and seem glad we have chosen this.

Pros

1) You're able to prioritize projects according to budget. There is an assessment and assessment scale which helps with the "business value". 2) There is a risk module built in, which is advanced, but our team uses this and it is great to have it 3) You can check who is most available when creating your team. You can see what level each resource is already allocated. 4) Reporting is built with numerous reports and they are all good ones.

Cons

As with any software, there is some set-up required. So far the set-up has been easy. Training everyone has taken a short time but that's no fault of WorkOtter or the software. No real "cons" thus far.

Nicole M. from Karnes Sweeper Company

For using Project Management Software for the first time, I'm pretty darn impressed with the turnout

A project being completed smoother than ever before, since everyone is kept up to date on reports and completion of goals.

Pros

I've never used a Management Software with my team, so I was very impressed with how easy it was to get things started and customized to fit our needs. It was extremely nice to be able to quickly interact with the team by knowing all of the updates made to our projects and the deadlines that were completed and by who. All reports of status were emailed to the rest of the team - so even if they were off work, or out of the office they still know what is going on. Our project was very big, so the unlimited storage space was an instant plus for us too!

Cons

Honestly, the team loves it. However, it will be nice once there are more languages available. We have a team member who's native language is Spanish so we had to help him along the way with learning the software.

Daniel from ElSalvadorBrokers

Easy/interactive excellent program to use!

Very versatile and EASY program (at least that i have used in my experience as a PMP certified PM) to track like a road map your task on projects, sort, pivot, and filter tasks, engage and compare stages of your project. One thing i liked is the ability to play with "what if scenarios" and see how that affects cost, times, etc overall in your project. You have tons of great analytics to use, Gantt charts, Critical path, heatmaps, matrix, time bubbles... ohhh! and dont forget this can be Integrated/export/import with/from JIRA, Excel and Microsoft Project! All reports can be also emailed to users.

Pros

Cons

Some features might need updates as new updates are added/edited by Project Management Institute. Missing the updated software or new patches part.

Barbara from Virtual Tours Mexico

Incredibly user friendly. Easy to use. Broad range of features. Amazing customer support.

Pros

I love the fact that this software is so much easier to use than other systems I have tried before. It's just so simple to get started with. And whenever I run into a problem and I need help, they have this amazing support team that always answers all my questions. In general it serves all my team members really well since they can easily keep up with the work and constantly track the time and status of all projects. Another feature that I really like is that management can subscribe to reports and get all their updates via regular emails with the necessary dashboards attached to it.

Cons

I know it sounds unreal, but nothing really until so far. This program simply has been great for us. The one thing I can think of is that the only language currently supported is English. My company could do well with Spanish for example. But it has not been a real issue.

Clayton from Amcor

Industry: Plastics

Great transition support

Pros

I decided to give WorkOtter a go on a change management project I was working on and it was honestly a great experience. I found it to be a very effective system to operate on, in what concerns usage. The support team was also of big help, since they were always available to answer questions and doubts in this transition. The automation and intuitive aspect of the software allowed our most untrained coworkers to take full advantage of its features while our senior coworkers utilized the opportunity to expand their ideas.

Daryl from Information Technology and Services

WorkOtter from the Top Down or from the Bottom Up | Comprehensive Project Management Reporting

Pros

First, branding matters: By thinking ahead to allow the end-users to make customer changes to color schemes, logos, images, and arrangement of views, the software puts the customer (user) first. The dynamics of the software are comprehensive: executive level summary reporting, project management leadership reporting, and task ownership visibility with full access management solutions.

Cons

I don't see this as a "con", but rather an opportunity for greater reach. I would enjoy making this solution available to more clients with greater ease of integrating the software with other solutions. Examples: Project/Project Server and ALM. Making integration via data importing from other systems/tools would be a great selling point for me in offering this software as a solution to other clients.

Agatha from Akzo Nobel

Industry: Chemicals

Collaboration is the key word for this PPM.

Pros

This is a capable project management and work management tool that comes with several excellent dynamic features for helping teams work on projects through completion. What I like the most about this PPM is that collaboration across the team increased after WO was implemented. My team is able to keep track of work, track time, provide status and share documentation, we no longer have files in different places and different version which is something that help us avoiding errors due to wrong data, avoids rework. Gantt charts are easy to set up, view and edit, as a PMO this is crucial and I appreciate how easy it is to work on Gantt charts with this program.

ruba from mahed aleamar

very easy to use and understand, with a simple interface

Pros

Start simple but has advanced PM features (Issues, Risks, Changes, Status Reporting) and Manage Gantt charts with interactive features with Ability to build your own dashboards and reports and share them with others ,Link and attach documents with no data usage caps and with unlimited storage ,in other programs I should use 3 softwares to have this data

Cons

Nothing really so far. Has been great I have this notes: 1.Currently English is only language supported 2.Cloud is only option 3.Single currency

Lisa from RCB Consulting Group, LLC.

Highly functional

The teams are informed and quickly set up. From implementation to support, we enjoyed our experience.

Pros

The ability to lock in current status and perform sensitivity analysis Being able to manage and effectively allocate resources Love the project manager view with current projects, statuses and milestones. Instead of reviewing a shared calendar, Gantt Chatt and individual PMS system, it's all in one. Drawing clear attention to what is foremost with familiar colors and signals. Project Kanban Board Customizing Columns Filing Sharing Opportunities (Unlimited file share service) Tagging People Available Work tab Log time dialog box Love the dashboards (ability to add components) The ability to pivot information for certain department or project area

Cons

Nothing I consider a con. It's so great!

Mubashir from Web Maisters

Industry: Information Services

WorkOtter is instrumental in building and sustaining the best software on the industry

My company is managed to get the most valuable resource for the right project,

Pros

WorkOtter helped us easily assess how well we utilized our entire resource pool is on an hourly, daily or weekly basis, helping us to ensure our most valuable resources are used to maximum effect, and our workload is balanced to avoid sustained periods of time on the bench. As a head of PMO, improving project delivery of my Project Managers which helps reduce project cost and increase profit margins. Secondly the report and dashboard method of reviewing information and viewing the current status of operations provides a significant opportunity to make our business more efficient and quick to respond to issues and opportunities.

Cons

Personally we love the integration with MS Project and JIRA, however would like to see intregation with Basecamp.

Valeria from ProTranslating

WorkOtter has really made my life easier

It makes things go faster, smoother and more efficiently.

Pros

It's so easy to customize WorkOtter that it allows me to adapt it to my needs as they shift around all the time. Being able to attach docs with no storage limits is great. WorkOtter allows team members to keep up with work and track time very easily. It's really simple to use even though it has advanced PM features like changes, risks, issues & status reporting. One of my favorites is that reports can be automatically emailed to user saving me so much time.

Silvana from StreamLined Efficiency

Industry: Cosmetics

Great experience working with this highly configurable software. I found it easier to work with.

My job is easier.

Pros

It looks simple at your eyes but it has very advanced features that allow you to manage what really matters: issues, risks, changes and status reporting. I can do really cool interactions since it shows me everything what's going on in my organization. Very interactive and visual software that allows me not only to see and arrange my projects but to build my own dashboards and share them with other people from my organization. This is the kind of tool every manager requires. Not only it automates team collaboration but it can also be integrated with JIRA, Excel and Microsoft Project.

Cons

I liked every single aspect of this software. I think it meets the requirements that every manager needs to have in order to manage, control and share the company's projects.

Leticia from VWFS Mexico

This is everything I had to do manually before, it helps a lot to have automated help.

Automated features that otherwise I had to do manually or with very complex Excel files.

Pros

Resource management and capacity planning features Start simple but has advanced PM features (Issues, Risks, Changes, Status Reporting) Management can subscribe to reports and get all their updates via regular emails with attached dashboards Ability to build your own dashboards and reports and share them with others Manage Gantt charts with interactive features Link and attach documents with no data usage caps and with unlimited storage Dashboards tailored to the user's role Integration with JIRA, Excel and Microsoft Project (2-way) Reports can be automatically emailed to users

Cons

Cloud is only option (no local onsite version available), the company that I work for is regulating Cloud apps.