• Pros

• "Easy to use, the app, I can customize the different elements."

• "It's very easy to use and train to use. The basic dashboard is very simplified making navigation quick and easy."

• "Any major function in Bill4Time is truly effortless as the interface feels very intuitive. Updates and creating invoices is also very quick, which we love. A day doesn't go by without using it. "

• Cons

• "Sometimes it can be difficult getting a good handle on how Bill4Time handles some applications but thankfully they offer a fantastic, unlimited customer service."

• "I think the trust accounting could be a bit easier, but overall this is a very minor criticism of a great product. "

• "I think this software could do more than we needed. I've never had any issues with it and I liked working with this program, so no cons for me."

Browse Bill4Time Reviews

Jason from Sage Law Partners, LLC

Industry: Law Practice

Clean, easy to use billing software

Its a billing program and is extremely effective at billing. I find no "cons" when comparing to other billing programs I've looked at. I'd love more practice management functionality--but I don't see that as the main purpose/use of this program.

Pros

The program is clean, simple, and available anywhere through the web and various applications for mobile devices. New users are easy to setup and manage. Reporting functions are easy to manage. Downtime is a non-issue. Reports are easy to run and provide the information we need to keep a pulse on our firm's billings, collections, and associated compensation models. There are also easy reports to provide for accountability of time keepers. Invoicing is easy as well and so is receiving payments. We also use the trust accounting functionality which helps us keep on top of retainers. Another popular billing program we looked at tried to charge us about 5 times the cost of our average user, merely because one report regarding collections was critical to our internal compensation model. We've used Bill4Time for our billing needs for over 5 years, and many of our attorneys used it before we formed our firm. Its solid, simple, and easy to use.

Ashton from Terrain Technology, Inc.

The perfect solution

I run a small business that has experienced tremendous growth over the last few years. Our work load is sometimes overwhelming. Bill4Time allows us to track our work and bill for our services and it is very simple to use and this allows us to spend the majority of our time performing our work that we are paid for. I looked at several similar online project management services and chose B4T. I am glad that I did.

Pros

Our company deals with over 100 clients, each of which has numerous projects. Bill4Time allows us to track our time on each project, produce invoices quickly and track payments and receivables. As with any complex software there is a learning curve. Bill4time was very easy to implement. Any questions or how to's they are always available to help.

Cons

All in all I really don't have any complaints.

Reasons for Choosing Bill4Time

I had narrowed my choices down to 3 or 4 products. Bill4Time was the only company that actually responded (almost immediately) when I initiated contact. And the response was from an actual person. I am still getting automated emails from the others that I did not choose.

Tama from Dillard Estate and Paralegal/Investigator

The perfect fit

It's been a life saver in that I can easily and conveniently produce supporting documentation as to my out of pocket expenses and time in administering this estate as well as bill for and account for my time and expenses in my Paralegal/Investigation firm which makes getting paid much easier and with no hassle because the invoices and statements are detailed, clear and easy for my clients to understand.

Pros

The software is much like the software that I had become accustomed to using at a law firm and is reasonably priced for me as a one person newly established business where the cost of the law firms software is simply not feasible. Additionally, I love the convenience of being able to create and produce a customized report for any given request for information once an entry has been created and entered. The ease of use and setup is also something I really like.

Cons

I haven't found anything thus far that I don't like about the software.

Reasons for Choosing Bill4Time

It remains to be the perfect fit for my needs.

Christine from Belowich & Walsh LLP

We use this for our billing needs.

Pros

I like that it is pretty straight-forward and I can usually figure out how to do anything new just by hunting around by myself without needing assistance from customer service. However, their customer service is fantastic and I never have any trouble getting a rep right away. They are always able to answer my questions quickly and easily.

Cons

There are a few features that I would like to see added that it currently does not have. I have noticed other reviews on their website that say the same thing. I have contacted customer service about specific things we would like to be able to do and they are always receptive to the ideas and submit them to their team for future updating.

Response from Bill4Time

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your review, Christine! Thank you for sending over your feature suggestions.

William from Flevares Law Firm, LLC

Money Well Spent

The various report options help me to understand better what is happening with my case management and accounts receivable.

Pros

Bill4Time is easy to use and provides the features that I need for case management. Customer support is outstanding as well.

Cons

Sometimes it reorders the time that I have entered, but that is not a substantive problem.

Reasons for Choosing Bill4Time

It seemed easier to use and the price was better, too.

Ann from MoLaw PLLC

Well worth the money

Works great and easy to use and train people to use.

Pros

Easy to use and train new personal on. It is also easy to find reports you need.

Cons

There is nothing about the system I do not like.

Carlos from DHA

Good sftware

easy to bill

Pros

cloud base -easy to use, the app is pefect

Cons

limited features, no spanish version. Tarif module is limitaed

Carin from Bespoke

Easy to use, essential tool

Our company counts on B4T for its time keeping and billing. If we would not have a tool like this, we would miss out on a lot of time not invoiced, or expenses not rebilled.

Pros

It's easy to use and web based. I can add users easily and set their access levels. I never had a problem so far, after working with it for 5 years. The website is never down.

Cons

Can't think of anything about the software, it works perfectly. It is not cheap, that is maybe the only thing.

Reasons for Choosing Bill4Time

I had been working with B4T at my previous company, and when moving to another company I made everyone work with it.

Tracy from Stalling Design

Bill 4 Time changed my life

I'm in love. I've told every one of my freelance designer friends about it. It is invaluable to me.

Pros

The software is SOOO easy to use. It has saved hours and hours of time each month on my billing and has helped me gain more than a 30% increase in my billable hours. I also love being able to pull reports. I can get an excellent picture of how much I'm billing, who I'm billing, who has NOT paid me, etc. It has absolutely been the most significant game-changer in my business.

Cons

Honestly there is nothing that I don't like about the software.

Archana from Agama Law Associates

One Stop Shop For Professionals

- Time saving - Superb for accounting - REcievables management - Resource management and training tool - Excellent for keeping track of expenses

Pros

From management of resources to billing and recovery this software has all you need as a small / mid sized business. I have used it from day 1 of being independent - for 5 years now and I can say that it has minimized accounting functions substantial and provides real time data which is very useful for busy professionals.

Cons

Web interface is a bit heavy and slow to use

Shana from The Baldwin Law Group

We have had a small law firm for over 5 years now. We use Bill4Time to do all of our billing.

The main benefit is a completely easy to use and easy to implement billing software that allows the overall billing process to be smooth and efficient for both our firm and our clients.

Pros

The best thing about Bill4Time is that it is so easy to use and you can access it from anywhere. I can work on client billing and invoices from home or on the road and do not have to worry about making sure my laptop is with me. It provides the LEDES invoice formats that our clients require for us to submit our bills electronically to them and creating the LEDES files is just the click of a button. Then you can also create a PDF file of the invoice just as easily. It is extremely simple to change the settings and customize it to fit your exact type of business. The website usually runs flawlessly with very little downtime, if ever. Bill4Time offers many features. It is easy to search for clients, matters, or invoices within the program. Any information you need that is in the program is at your fingertips ready to bring up with just a few clicks.

Leslie from Bower & Associates APC

Industry: Law Practice

Was stuck in a rut depending on a billing clerk .. now capture time anywhere all the time!!

Control over my time and eases the "task" of invoicing clients for work produced for them. What's not to like ... converting from Timeslips to Bill4Time literally saved my practice and my homelife!! No more stress to get monthly invoices out. A single one-off invoice can be produced in minutes to submit to escrow for a closing or other special needs. Just a terrific tool for a firm like mine.

Pros

Ease of use is key. Works across all platforms, desktop, iPad, iPhone from anywhere anytime. Helps me gauge my productivity on a daily basis throughout the month. Doesn't take specialized training to use like Timeslips did. Not dependent on a staff member to enter time from time sheets gives me more flexibility and CAPTURES more of the time spent on tasks.

Billing is easier with this software!

Pros

We used Bill4time to charge our clients that are using our representation services. Personally, I mostly use it in the Iphone application that you can easily download in your appstore. This software allows you to keep tracking of the time you are investing in each client and it has a lot of descriptions and matters that you can use in order to describe it in your invoice to the client. The app is very easy to understand and is super practical for tracking the time. The software is very friendly in terms of its dashboard and the addition of clients to the database. I also use the function of internal time to track the time I invest in some managerial functions for our own Firm control in order to find ways to elevate our productivity.

Cons

There are some matters missing in the App and you need to use miscellaneous options in order to categorize it which takes you some time.

Jake from Anderson | Hinkins

Customer Support Is Fantastic

I've used Bill4Time for more than 5 years, and they have continually worked to adapt and add additional features. It is a very good product.

Pros

Bill4Time is very intuitive, and the customer support staff are responsive and very easy to work with. Bill4Time provides a very functional platform that allows busy professionals to have the tools they need at their fingertips wherever they are.

Cons

Bill4Time is great at tracking time and providing reports for the time and invoices, but it is not a full scale CRM. That has not been a problem for my firm, as that was not the purpose.

Nanci from Golddesk Graphic Design

Industry: Graphic Design

Bill4Time is worth your time

I searched for a duel timekeeping and accounting software for almost a year before I settled on Bill4Time. It is the only one I found that did both well. Avoiding the time it takes to move timekeeping records into an accounting program every month is a fantastic feature!

Pros

This software is fantastic! It's affordable and the support is the best I've ever had from any company. It is intuitive and is easy to figure out if you've made an error anywhere in your accounting.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve to the invoicing section but once it's set up you'll be grateful.

Raychael from Law Offices of Paul A. Beck, A Professional Corporation

"Would highly recommend!"

Pros

" Bill4Time has been the only billing system our lawfirm uses that remains user friendly, simple and clear in its layout along with consistency in its formatting and processes. I would highly recommend this product! "

Cons

There are a few glitches when entering whole batches of entries that need to be addressed. For example, some settings don't always transfer through to the next row and it ends up costing valuable time having to go back and change settings on each entry within the batch.

Jim from Law Offices of Jim Kurkhill

Solo practice attorney - Very satisfied user

I have recommended Bill4Time to other solos and small practice firms, and everyone who followed my recommendation thanked me. It is not an exaggeration to say that this program pays for itself.

Pros

Bill4Time has a great web-interface. It conquers the difficult challenge of making it very easy to capture your time while remaining very flexible for a wide range of user preferences without complicating.

Alanna from Grant IP

Bill4Time has made our internal billing process easy. Everything is easy to access and understand.

We were able to easily transition from outsourced to internal billing. It has saved us time and money with our accountant and has made it very easy to gather all the information we need in real time.

Pros

It is very easy to record, view, and edit time entries, and have them automatically feed into invoices. All the reports we need are there, and anytime we find a need with no report, the customer service at Bill4Time has been amazing with quick responses and solutions for our needs. Recording and applying payments has now become very easy, and the management of trust funds is also a great feature.

Cons

It's not always apparent to me which report will be the best for the data I need to view. I often have to do a lot of trial and error when selecting reports.

Response from Bill4Time

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your review Alanna!

Suzy from Appspace, Inc.

Bill4Time is intuitively easy to use.

Pros

Our firm is a virtual office, so cloud-based SaaS is a must. Bill4Time has easy to use LEDES invoicing, and great reporting functions, and you can specify the data you want to focus on. In my practice, I haven't found anything that I need that Bill4Time doesn't do.

Cons

We've been using the service for over 4 years and earlier on, there was some funkiness involved when trying to create an invoice; however, they've appeared to fix this.

Virginia from Basulto & Associates

Experience using with Tax/Accounting firm

I have been working with Bill4Time for a number of years and the overall experience has been very good.

Pros

ease and flexibility of use, able to record time in arrears or make changes; able to write extensive description of work performed

Cons

Would prefer a report that is more customizable for columns to be displayed. Reports being printed are too limited in presentation. I use the detail report as support detail to accompany a company billing.

Sidney from Taylor & Taylor Law Firm

Bill4Time

Pros

Bill4Time is really easy to use. The best feature is that you can see all of your unbilled clients on one page, how much you have not billed them, etc. It is so much easier than other billing software because you just click to generate the invoice. Also, the batch billing makes it super easy to create all invoices at once.

Cons

I do not really have any complaints about the software. The only thing i have noticed is that Smokeball billing has more features, but for me those extra features are not necessarily needed so I like the simplicity of Bill4Time.

Amber from DuAnn Cowart Davis, P.C.

B4T Review

I like that I am able to generate a detailed statement for clients and it's user-friendly. I have recommended this tool to others.

Pros

The ease of use; the ability to generate a detailed statement.

Cons

I have been using this tool for 5+ years and I do not have any complaints.

Bill4Time: Less time on billing.

I have saved a lot of money by using this software, and I would have otherwise had to spend a lot of time and money.

Pros

The software has a very reasonable price for the number of users you are allowed, and the functionality. There are multiple configurations that each client can have depending on the fee structure, and I have never had a problem with creating a billing agreement that could not be expressed in this software.

Cons

It is difficult to finalize the invoices, and occasionally, the software will have issues selecting which client to finalize an invoice for.

Jessie from Owens Bosaw, PC

Enjoy the ease of this software

Pros

I really like the option of adding/creating multiple cases under one client without having to duplicate the client. I also like the Add Expense option, which allows you to specfically categorize what your expense is (i.e. mileage, copies, filing fee, etc)

Cons

I wish they would create an app for it for cell phones. I have a habit of forgetting to enter time that I need to enter whenever I am out of the office (i.e. phone calls with clients on the weekend or in the evenings).

Our experience overall has been great!

Pros

User friendly; easy to navigate; search options; can create templates; options of what each user can view, edit, etc.

Cons

Batch billing when editing pre-bills; can't search for words; would like to be able to edit a time entry, save and then move to next time entry instead of going back to the entire prebill.

Steven from Rev1 Engineering

Industry: Medical Devices

Easy, intuitive, powerful

Easy billing, work tracking, expense tracking

Pros

Makes billing of time and expenses easy when dealing with clients. Easy to generate reports of time spent and expenses incurred.

Cons

Phone app sometimes does not work as seamlessly as wanted. Could use some more future forecasting to plan projects.

Jeff from Brent Meyer CPA & Associates

I have had two minor connectivity issues that were handled immediately.

It's made our billable time much easier to manage.

Pros

Cons

It's a little hard to see where your time might be off. If changes have to be made I think that could be a little easier to see.

Teresa from ClouseSpaniac Attorneys

User Friendly, Great Team, Chat is always available

Pros

Easy to use, user friendly, invoices are easy to setup and submit, support team is always there and when needed and returns calls promptly

Cons

I'd like a report I can customize myself, one of the reports I use is helpful, but I would like to add more info data to it.

Great experience with the product. Easy to use, excellent value.

Pros

Easy to use, allows me to easily keep track of small amounts of billable time without a hassle that ultimately defeats the purpose.

Cons

The mobile app doesn't allow for the creation of new client files from the phone. Also, the mobile app gets signed out when offline.

Matt from Law Office of Matthew J. Durket, APC

Best Part of Billing

Excellent product, excellent support!

Pros

This software is so simple to use, enter time, generate and keep track of invoices.

Cons

Reports could be a little more intuitive. Probably the issue is with me not diving deep enough.

Bill4Time is easy to use and access from anywhere, making billing a very pleasant experience.

Cons

Response from Bill4Time

Replied April 2018

Thank you for your review!

Yuhi from Emerge Law Group

Bill4Time has been a godsend for our law firm. It's very easy to use, has a lot of great features, and is affordable.

Pros

Excellent customer support - someone who answers! Very easy to use, and has a lot of great features.

Cons

Some features that should are missing, but not deal breakers. Other than that, it's been awesome for our firm.

Said from FINLEX

XXXX

The billing is clear, arranged and in order.

Pros

Easy to use, the app, I can customize the different elements.

Cons

Sometimes slow. Maybe Im not using all the gadgets.

Susan from Legacy Lawyer, LLC

Bill4Time is an outstanding program. My law firm operates more efficiently since making the switch.

Pros

Ease of use, excellent customer support. I especially like that events on the scheduler can be turned into bill entries and the conflict check is accurate and simple to use.

Cons

I would like the option to initiate and pause multiple timers to capture more than one task to account for interruptions.

Douglas from Burgess Law, LLC

I like the instant software support this company has.... they pick up their phone, no VM !!!

I am fine with the program and would like it to continue to evolve and grow into a fully intuitive functional talk to it AI program as computers and software evolve

Pros

the walk through help I get and my staff gets with real time screen by screen walk throughs to handle my questions and issues

Lynda from Lynda Renaud, avocate

Industry: Law Practice

I've been a satisfied user for over 6 months.

Ease of use and ability to follow my time both on my phone and on my laptop. It does make my billing cycle so much easier.

Pros

I would mention the ease of use, ease of implementation, the cost is amazing.

Cons

Not very many difficulties and when there are, you can rely on great customer service. My only issue, it that I can customize many things but some are not possible so I have to make my own bills for my french speaking clients.

Kiamani from NextGen Engineering INC.

Bill4Time is very easy to use, Providing logon information for each employee is simple.

Pros

Entirely electronic software for your payroll and company tracking needs. There is no need to use any paper documents and all reports are able to be downloaded as a PDF or Excel file to keep with company records.

Cons

There isn't a functional way to track budgeting for our type of work within the tool. The option that is available doesn't fully support the way our company tracks.

Luke from Ashe Legal Group

Overall easy to use and good basic functions

Pros

Overall easy to use and good basic functions; already integrated into our current process, which is nice.

Cons

All online; takes time to move from page to page and not ideal for large invoicing/budgets/cash receipt entries.

Kathy from Romney Pfeifer Law Office

Great Program Great Price

Our office has been using Bill 4 Time for over 7 years. We have looked at other options, but the overall ease of use and value is hard to beat.

Pros

It is an easy program to navigate, easy to set up a client and produce an invoice. The continual upgrades to the program are well-thought out. If you have ideas or suggestions, they are willing to listen.

Cons

It would be better if you could completely delete a client, not just disable it. Wish there were a few more options for reports.

Ellen from Edmonds & Co PC

Disappointed

Disappointing experience as this has bees an issue for over 6 months. They continue to bill us in full and refuse to let us speak directly to IT. They gave us one crest after 3 months but have done nothing about crediting us since. Not have they found a solution to the problem.

Pros

That it was supposed to integrate with QuickBooks

Cons

After an update in November the two programs stopped communicating

Response from Bill4Time

Replied May 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We pride ourselves on our software and are disappointed to hear that you have had such a negative experience. The developers are working hard to solve this problem and they were able to resolve the initial issue. They are actively investigating the most recent report and we are looking forward to discussing this further with you.

Trudie from Law Firm

Industry: Law Practice

Easy way to keep track of your billing

Being more organized in time keeping, which is extremely important in a law firm.

Pros

I have used this when I was working as a paralegal in a small law firm to record time for our clients. It was very easy to set up new clients and add times and specific codes and notes. Every user could add their own time to the client's account and every user had his own user permissions settings.

Steven from SRBECKERLAW, LLC

Excellent DTE and billing system for solo practitioner. Very easy to use.

Pros

Simple functionality in recording time and preparing bills. It's also easy to track time and WIP. I've rarely had to use customer support, but they were prompt and helpful when I did.

Cons

It could use one more bell and whistle, in allowing the user to more easily track unbilled time in the system by client or client matter.

Veronica from ClouseSpaniacAttorneys

Excellent software. Very user friendly.

Pros

Very, very easy to use. Customer support is excellent! We had timeslips prior to Bill4Time and we are so happy that we made the change.

Excellent

Pros

The website is very user-friendly and the layout is great. It does all the math for me and am able to review my submissions.

Thomas from Arckey & Associates, LLC

Bill4time has simplified our billing process and made it much more efficient.

better productivity

Pros

Bill4time was recommended by several other attorneys. After the 30 day trial period I was convinced to purchase the program. For over 20 years our firm has used TimeSlips. The reports for billing productivity are simple and easy to run. To be able to input time or review billing productivity from any location or device has made more efficient use of my firm management time.

Cons

The cost of the software is more than we have paid with past systems, but it pays for itself because we spend less administrative time and lose less billing time due to the ability to record time from mobile devices.

February 2016

Cynthia from Monaco Law

February 2016

Solo practitioner in NY

Pros

Mobile platform. Good customer service. LEDES exporting.

Cons

You can't show write offs on the bill. you can't print an invoice with your own notes on it. You can't apply one check to multiple invoices. So I can't use it to track payments. It doesn't differentiate between checks and wires.

Tony from Bondi Iovino & Fusco

Product works great, easy, intuitive. fair price. Great customer service

Made my billing efficient and easy--at a very reasonable price.

Pros

It's intuitive, easy to use. Reports are simple to run. It has the capacity for unlimited clients and matters. The client statements are easily customizable, one-click into PDF for quick emailing. Accounting feature very helpful as well.

Jo Ann from W Calloway Huffaker, Attorney At Law

Easy to use and understand

Pros

Payment application is easy to follow Invoicing is easy to follow It is easy to edit client account information

Cons

Credit memos cannot be applied to open invoices. There is no way to print statements for outstanding balances only. I have several clients with statements over 10 pages because the statement goes back to the beginning of time.

Dan from Abramson & Saliba CPAs

We were up and running within 2 days.

Pros

I've been using a billing program, but after years of trying, I couldn't get it to do what I needed. Before purchasing this program, I tried a other billing programs, but found this to be just what I needed, and at the start of tax season, I made the best choice. Their on-line tutorials make everything look simple.

Cons

Since it's only been a week, most items I think are a problem are just a learning curve. The company would have import my clients, but it was simple copy and paste. Document storage could have a better interface, but this program is meant to track time, and it does that well.

alan from Freisleben Law Group

Great product

Wonderful product with great support and easy to use

Pros

Easy to use, accurate, good accounting controls

Cons

Nothing about this has been bad for us, and improvement over server based systems.

It was easiest