Showing 1-20 of 195 products
Epos Now is a retail management system for small to mid-sized businesses. In addition to its Point of Sale module, the solution also offers integrated Inventory Management, Customer Management, and Retail Accounting, including general... Read more
Recent recommendations: 161 recommendations
Toast POS is a flexible system built exclusively for restaurants and the food service industry. Offering tools like online ordering, delivery, takeout, mobile app ordering, contactless payments, and e-gift card purchasing, this solution... Read more
Recent recommendations: 135 recommendations
Bar owners looking for a touch-based solution should look into the ShopKeep iPad POS. Offers inventory control, sales tracking and both cash and credit transaction processing. Users can also review sales numbers via the iPad. Read more
Recent recommendations: 114 recommendations
Upserve is a complete restaurant management solution featuring an Android or iOS-based point-of-sale (POS) system, automated inventory management, sales analytics, and more. The platform offers several time-saving tools, including... Read more
Recent recommendations: 84 recommendations
SpotOn Restaurant is a cloud-based point-of-sale solution that enables businesses to streamline processes related to food ordering, tableside payments, customer retention and more. The online ordering functionality enables businesses... Read more
Recent recommendations: 46 recommendations
BPA Restaurant Pro is a retail management solution designed to help small to large enterprises manage accounting processes and streamline point-of-sale operations. Key features include time tracking, reporting, inventory management,... Read more
Recent recommendations: 46 recommendations
Revel is a cloud-based business platform that integrates operations and customer channels with point-of-sale (POS) functionality in a single dashboard. It is suitable for stores and restaurants of all sizes and provides users with... Read more
Recent recommendations: 37 recommendations
Hippos is an on premise point of sale (POS) can be operated with or without the internet. The internet is only used to sync data between the POS and Cloud (web portal). Hippos solution is designed for cafes, bakeries, quick and full-service... Read more
Recent recommendations: 22 recommendations
Clover POS is an integrated point-of-sale (POS) system with custom hardware designed for several types of retailers. This POS system is available in both web-based and server-based deployment versions and offers countertop hardware... Read more
Recent recommendations: 11 recommendations
ITWERCS POS is a cloud-based retail solution that helps restaurants manage point-of-sale operations, customer interactions, reservations and more. The centralized platform enables employees to create personalized profiles and track... Read more
Recent recommendations: 3 recommendations
TRAY is a cloud-based software platform that enables service on-demand for merchants in the Family Entertainment, Amusement and Restaurant industries. The product suite includes point of sale, self-order kiosks, online ordering, electronic... Read more
Recent recommendations: 1 recommendations
LS Retail is a retail management system consisting of point of sale (POS) and enterprise resource planning (ERP). Key features include inventory management, customer management, retail accounting, e-commerce, warehouse management and... Read more
Gotmerchant.com offers a free retail POS system for restaurants and bars that are interested in using a solution with integrated gift and credit card processing services. Gotmerchant.com gives the merchant everything they need, from... Read more
Appetize is a modern cloud-based Point of Sale, inventory and analytics platform transforming how enterprises manage and process guest transactions. Appetize is trusted by some of the largest and highest volume businesses in the world,... Read more
TouchBistro is an iPad-based point of sale (POS) solution for restaurants of all types. Specifically designed to meet the unique needs of the restaurant industry, TouchBistro comes complete with food service specific features and advanced... Read more
Recent recommendations: 89 recommendations
Talech POS is a cloud-based retail, restaurant & bar and professional services solution that offers point-of-sale (POS), inventory and customer management, appointment scheduling and deep, real-time analytics. The solution stores data... Read more
Recent recommendations: 67 recommendations
PayPal is a digital payment platform that enables businesses and individuals to pay and accept payments through an online portal without revealing any financial details. The solution is suitable for businesses of all sizes. PayPal... Read more
PayPal Here is a mobile application that allows retailers and merchants to process transactions. The application uses a card reader device attached to a smartphone. This solution helps retailers and field sales staff to process transactions... Read more
Lightspeed Restaurant is a cloud-based point of sale (POS) solution for restaurants suitable for full-or quick-service restaurants, bars, nightclubs, hotel restaurants, cafes and more. Key features include floor management, customer... Read more
Odoo Point of Sale (POS) is part of Odoo’s integrated suite of business applications. The module is available both on and offline and provides unified data across stores and has an integrated inventory management function. Odoo’s... Read more
What are POS systems for bars?
Point-of-sale (POS) systems for bars are software platforms that make it easier for establishments to ring up custom orders, manage tabs, process payments, track inventory, run sales reports, and more. Acting as the digital hub of your business, POS systems can lighten the burden of running a bar while increasing security and transparency.
Screenshot of Shopkeep POS dashboard
Here's what we'll cover:
- Benefits of bar POS systems
- Common features of bar POS software
- Key considerations when buying bar POS software
Benefits of bar POS systems
The ideal bar POS system helps keep a check on the food inventory, finances and sales. The system also simplifies their bookkeeping requirements.
- Quick and easy sales tracking: As bars and restaurants handle a large volume of credit cards and cash every day, the ideal system should help them track all sales up to the very last penny. The solution also tracks menu items that are selling the most along with the unpopular ones. Therefore, it allows owners to modify their menus based on the demand.
- Smooth processing of credit card transactions: Almost all bar POS systems offer easy handling of credit and debit card processing. It enables the management to get rid of peripherals and additional systems. Therefore, it results in customers and bar owners accepting credit and debit card transactions as a secure and easy proposition.
Fast and easy preparation of financial statements: The solution offers all the required financial figures, such as profit and loss statements, at the required time, thus, saving a significant amount of manual effort.
- Improved security: The solution offers increased security to bar owners because servers are fully accountable for all sales and they cannot change customer checks without entering the correct password. This step also eliminates the chances of employee theft as well as inappropriate discounts for family and friends.
- Check on employees: The bar POS software also keeps an eye on the employees by acting as a time tracker and preparing the establishment’s payroll. The solution maintains a record of the sign-in and sign-out times of employees, which facilitates the creation of accurate payroll.
- Enhanced inventory tracking: The software also allows bar and restaurant owners to keep an eye on the usage of food and the complete stock. It enables users to identify different usage patterns so that they can eliminate instances of food shortage and over-ordering, and thus, allow better planning of food purchasing.
- Offsite control: An advanced bar POS software also enables managers and owners to log in the system through a web connection. It allows users to remotely monitor sales and employee patterns to identify any problems and anticipate future issues.
- Efficient utilization of human resources: Setting up a bar POS software also relieves the staff from tedious and time-consuming tasks such as double-checking discrepancies in sales figures and manually reconciling the cash register.
Common features of bar POS software
These are the features that bar owners should look for when evaluating point of sale systems that meet their specific needs:
|Recipe definition and customization||These systems should allow users to customize drink orders, as well as look up drink components from definitions. Users can access a “hotlist” of popular drinks and then modify them on a per-item basis.|
|Order entry||The important order entry aspects of these systems include tab transfers, repeat orders and check consolidation. Most features are commonly accessible from the main order-entry dashboard.|
|Price scheduling||Multiple menus, specials, happy hours and other promotions need to be easily managed and customized within the system. Rotating prices should automatically change with the system’s internal clock.|
|Multi-user compatibility||Since a single terminal is often shared by multiple bartenders, these systems should include integrated login features for users. Card readers, fingerprint scanners or just numerical keypads are some of the popular integrations.|
|Tip tracking and payroll||Tips should be linked to user accounts to assist with both end-of-shift payouts and IRS recording purposes. These systems often integrate tip tracking with a time clock module to assist with payroll management.|
|Video and security system integration||These solutions often integrate with video surveillance systems to reduce shrink (beverage “sweethearting”) and loss. In addition, it’s becoming increasingly common for systems to integrate directly with bars’ security systems.|
|Customer relationship management (CRM)||While not a traditional module within these systems, vendors are now providing CRM functionality as many bars are using social media to promote events and specials, as well as connect with local patrons. Email marketing is one of the more common features.|
|Inventory management, ordering and receiving||Bar POS systems will need reporting and management features to manage inventory that moves quickly and fluctuates regularly. Bars will often establish regular shipping schedules with suppliers, so these systems will need to be able to accept automatic shipment notices (ASNs).|
Key considerations when buying bar POS systems
Here are a few other things to keep in mind when you evaluate a bar POS system:
- Flexibility options: As technology changes very fast, you need to select a POS system that provides regular upgrades and has an open API. This will enable it to be integrated with various new technologies and third-party apps in the future.
- Employee and sales tracking: The bar POS system should allow the tracking of working hours, salaries and other employee metrics. It must also enable setting work schedules and forecasting sales to predict staffing needs better.
- Effective inventory tools: The software should also provide inventory management tools for accurate inventory calculation and reduction of storage costs.
- Reporting and analytics: The solution should be able to provide customer and sales insights using accurate charts and numbers.
- Reliable support: The solution should also provide complementary expert training and round-the-clock support. It should also have a track record of proven customer satisfaction.