• Pros

• "Easy to use and great customer service. Cannot ask for a better product"

• "Ease of use, user interface and experience are well designed, support is great"

• "I love that everything is looped together, there are multiply ways to get to anything and makes the features very accessible "

• Cons

• "Although the features have alot of ways to get to, it does make training a little harder as everyone has their own way of doing things. "

• "It's hard to find negative things to say about lightspeed as they are the best POS I've ever used, but some of their reporting could be a little more extensive"

• " Reporting is basic but you can get what you need. It would be nice to have better reporting and visualization of information as part of the product - not an extra charge"

Browse Lightspeed Restaurant Reviews

Sean from Whats In The Bowl Pet Shop, LLC

After Two Years - Lightspeed Remains The Best In All Categories

Lightspeed has literally saved us 20-30 hours per week. It connects and communicates well with all of our other systems; including accounting and loyalty platforms. Their customer and technical support have been extraordinary and have exceeded our expectations. In fact, I think their technical support is the best not just in the point of sale industry but any industry. I find myself wishing other vendors I work with had the same level of support and professionalism. Lightspeed also listens to their customers; this is evident by requests made in their support area. They actually respond to every request. As a small business owner, we worry about many things. Lightspeed is not one of them!

Pros

After two other point of sale systems; and after two years using Lightspeed, it is by far the best in all categories. We had two previous POS systems that fell short in comparison to Lightspeed. Part of our success with Lightspeed is that after two previous point of sale systems; we knew what we really needed and the right questions to ask during the sales process. We submitted specific questions in writing. All of our questions we answered in detail in less than 24-Hours. The sales team knows their products and knew my industry. In fact, most of our distributors catalogs are already pre-loaded into their system. The transition from our other popular POS was relatively easy, especially in comparison to our previous transition. The Lightspeed team was always there to help and even anticipated needs before I knew them. The inventory system and purchase order system work well.

Cons

The only limitation we have with Lightspeed in related to the fact that we sell a lot of items by weight. This does not create a significant problem for us; but having bulk items accounted for in inventory would be a nice to have. We would love an integrated scale capability. The Lightspeed team was more than willing to help us set up our system to sell bulk items; it works better than another other POS we looked at.

Jennifer from Molak Corp- Historic Gruene Texas

Hands down the best retail software out there!

The LightSpeed team made our switchover to them and setup happen with such ease. Their system is cost friendly, reliable and aesthetically pleasing. Training new staff on the system is a breeze. The reporting options are so helpful for close out financials, ordering, staff hours, etc.

Pros

We most liked the back of house features it offered. The inventory piece, reporting and ease of use was instrumental in our decision to switch to LightSpeed. We loved the cloud based feature and it allows our staff to work from anywhere on reports, watch sales, reorder inventory, etc.

Cons

There really hasn't been anything about the software that we've found was difficult or wished was different.

Reasons for Choosing Lightspeed Restaurant

Mainly because of the reporting and inventory features in addition the support team offered. I can’t speak highly enough about their customer service. It is unlike any support I’ve ever experienced. They not only have the incredible chat feature, but their personable phone support team works with you with such patience and understanding of your issue and walks you through the solution. Then the follow through is unparalleled!

Carole from Red Bamboo inc

Lightspeed issues

not horrible not great

Pros

it's pretty easy, the inventory entering is easy, sales are easy. Reports are good, although none of them integrate, you have to pull 3-4 reports to get what you need unless you upgrade to way more $

Cons

This is an app based program, so there are definite issues using this with an iPad, which is how we run our retail store. The gift card has been a problem from day one which we have reported many time and have an open ongoing unresolved case. We purchased the gift card from the company they recommended and they both point fingers at each other, meanwhile it is a nightmare for our customers who have to sit & wait while we figure out how to make their return or issue a gift card. Still not resolved. The cache fills up and you have to delete the app and reload it or certain functions do not work, like getting a new customers name in the system. The last thing you want to deal with is deleting an ap and reloading it. Customer service on management level is incredibly slow to respond if they ever do. The day to day service is very responsive. The rep also over sold us the program and sold us 2 registers and so we over paid $1,000 a year for 3 years until we caught it. Never heard back from upper management regarding a credit or a few free months. They are very responsive when you are up for review though! ALSO beware of their own integrative payment processing that they tell you will save you a lot of $, not really true.Get it in writing. First of all they will take their fee right off the top daily, so forget trying to reconcile your statement with your daily reports. You will get paid for Wed, Thur & friday the following Tuesday...so your cash flow is delayed. Way slow!!!!!!

Reasons for Choosing Lightspeed Restaurant

5 years ago it was the best option.

Derrick from BreWskey

Not for restaurants

We had purchased the system for 3 of our establishments, and only installed it in 1 of them as a trial. Because of how bad it was, we decided to cancel our service. Even though we had not installed the other 2 locations and had used the product for 3 month in the one installed, they are forcing us to abide by our 3 year contract and pay the full amounts. Even with having to cover that cost, which is completely unreasonable because 2 of the services were not installed, it is still much better and efficient for us to switch to another more functional service such as Cluster or Maitre-D. I would not recommend this to anyone who has a restaurant.

Pros

Looks nice if you spend the time to set it up

Cons

Lightspeed has been a horror for us since the start. What we were presented at during the sales meeting made us very excited and happy, but the second the contract was signed, for our 3 locations everything went down hill. I had to pull teeth and send multiple messages and to get our installation done on time. And even at that they finished doing it opening day, and were debugging while we had to serve clients. And that is a whole other story. The product itself looks good but really does not work for a restaurant. Little things like having a single client pay without closing the full table is not possible. Servers need to figure out all these ways/trick to speed up service without being slowed down by Lightspeed. Items cannot be sent to multiple locations at ones (if something come from both the kitchen and bar like a Caeser with bacon) The reports are terrible. Items are split up in ways were the they are split if clients have payed 1/2 or 1/3 of the amount. So items like Natchos that are group type items, to no how many have been sold you need to add the full one, the 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/6, .... amounts. So extracting any information takes a long time. Many of the reports have numerical errors in them, and as such they cannot be trusted. Also, tyring to export hourly sales or receipts all have wrong times on them (our restaurant closes at 1am, yet it still show receipts until 5am) It is not possible to use the inventory option in bar because they can only have units, it

Response from Lightspeed

Replied May 2019

Hi Derrick, We apologize that you are disappointed with your Lightspeed Restaurant experience. We see that have been speaking with a senior member of our Customer Success team who is working with you to addressing your concerns. We would be happy to continue to work with you in resolving the matter, and coming to an amicable solution.

Clif from Gakona Lodge

Not interested in much other than sales

Implementation was terrible. The salesman made onboarding sound very simple, but when I was putting my items into the system, it was no better than square to do. The company's idea of helping you seems to be to create videos for you to figure out their software so that they don't really have to help you. The few times I called to try to get help with items, the support staff was very short and seemed more interested in just getting you off the phone and moving on. Perhaps there performance reviews are based on quantity of clients "helped". I was very clear with the sales team about what I needed for my business. I messed up when I quickly glanced at the invoice of equipment they sent me and didn't see the discrepancy in the quantities. Also, I came to find out that their claim that none of the equipment that I already had with square would be compatible with lightspeed is completely false. They basically sent me the same star printers that I had with square and cash drawers that I could have used with my current printers as well. While the pricing online says the monthly fees, their salesman knew that I needed more registers than they sent me. Some time later, I requested that they send me the rest of the registers that I needed as I had originally requested and chalked the wrong number up to a mistake. They sent me the hardware and threw a bunch of additional software charges in the mix without even mentioning them. All charges were made before I even saw an invoice. I confronted them about it and the initial response was "all sales are final". At that point, I told them that they had two weeks to get back to me on how would reconcile the mistakes made by their company to retain me as a customer and mend our relationship. I didn't hear from them at all during that time. When they finally got back to me, I told them that I did not want to continue my relationship with them anymore, and and that I understood that I'd incur some costs in severing the partnership, but I thought it should be fair. I'd eat all shipping costs and hardware from the first order, but I wanted a refund on the unauthorized charges and for software to be prorated to time elapsed only. I understood I would be out several thousand dollars. I was told "there is nothing we can do" by multiple managers. Finally, just today I received an invoice concerning my refund for the second order of hardware and the refund did not include any of the software as discussed with their managers, and they want to charge me a 20% restocking fee for hardware that never even made it to my place of business. The refund that they are supposedly giving me for absolutely no services rendered. This company is totally crooked. Do not make the same mistakes that I have. I will likely be perusing legal action against this company if they do not respond appropriately.

Pros

I thought this product was going to be a great way to more easily keep my books up to date and get pricing and inventory dialed in as compared to square. It has a lot of functionality compared to a product like shop keep or square.

Cons

Service - Limited concern for the customer's problems. No effort to actually work through and understand a client's business. Sales Team - Arrogant and dishonest Billing - Sly and deceitful. Invoices serve as contracts as they contain fine print at the bottom that refers a client to the company's actual contract and product terms that the client must hunt down for themselves. Management - No concern for clientele.

Andrew from Fish Eye Grill

Still love it after 15 months

While there are pros and cons, the pros far outweigh the cons. It's easy to use, intuitive, and best of all, THEY LISTEN. It doesn't take 10,000 customers complaining to get Lightspeed to make a change. Their support is excellent.

Pros

Onboarding and setup was a breeze - After signing on, we were tasked with a tutorial and onboarding process which, at times, was drawn out, but VERY helpful. It was a great learning tool and incredibly useful. They offered additional resources, but given my stubborn nature I set out on my own. The onboarding process was fairly easy. Painstaking, but simple. There were a few tasks that more difficult than necessary though. Like building the floor plan. I am very meticulous and there were not many options for the design, but I was able to figure it out with assistance from the help desk. Very customizable layout and very versatile - The overall operation of the system is very easy, but not basic. Ease of use is key to me, especially when training new employees or adding/changing features. Need a new menu item on a certain screen? 30 seconds. Need to reorganize the layout? Just drag and drop. Color code menu items? Sure why not. We change our menu daily/weekly, so this was an important feature to me and my FOH manager. GThe back end and reporting is excellent as well. I was able to show the owner how to access the dashboard and view sales and sales vs goals. I can see how many of (X) item I sold when I ran it as a special, or how much of a certain item I sell week to week. We use it as our time clock, and even my BOH with ZERO knowledge of the system figured it out in seconds.

Cons

The only major complaint I have is that there aren't enough credit card processors integrated in to the system, which is crucial to me.

Reasons for Choosing Lightspeed Restaurant

Cost, compatibility, customer service, versatility

Shawn from Bicycle Center

Best business purchase EVER

After investing in a competing product and being incredibly disapointed, we were faced with a tough decision; do we make the change to lightspeed only a month after investing $$$ that we did not get any value from? We decided to make the jump and were rewarded with the best upgrade our business has ever seen. This system is very easy to use. We have saved money and become more organized through efficient inventory management. Lightspeed has made our customers happy throughfast and organized checkout and allowed our staff to be the best they can be. Our service department has never been more organized. I feel like it has consolidated multiple areas of management and allowed more time to fucus on business. We re-invested for multi-years and could not ask for more from a POS.

Pros

Lightspeed is easy and efficient to operate. From training new employees to hectic busy days, Lightspeed reduces human errors and allows our staff and business to achieve their fullest potential.

Cons

As a relatively small business, it would be nice to have different register modes for convenience without purchasing an add on register.

Reasons for Choosing Lightspeed Restaurant

Lightspeed was well respected and recommended in our industry (Bicycle). The feedback in the demo was immediate and we could see the value of this product in minutes.

Chrysie from Game-Set-Match, Inc.

Too much down time

Overall our business will benefit from this POS solution for sure. It is much more advanced than the system we were using for decades. It will certainly take us to the next level of our business. However, these constant problems and down-time make it very difficult to keep our business running smoothly. We can not ride on the "we have a new system" excuse for long. Unfortunately customers don't care.

Pros

The software is great. The product is nearly complete with features - some add-ons that shouldn't be but overall a great product. Inventory counts and management is fantastic, transfers between our 4 stores in pretty seamless and very flexible, ability to customize labels, receipts, transfers, etc. Terrific. Sales, refunds, on account payments. All A+

Cons

So much down-time. In only 6 weeks of us using the system we had 3 Saturdays with credit card processing failures for over an hour. We've had 2 complete system failures, and today we are experiencing a bad gateway. Another is storing credit cards. We service many racquet sports clubs and do drop-off / pick-up service. Customers want to keep credit cards on file. We had to by a 3rd party add-on in order to do that. While the solution works, it is not 100% seamless, nor does this work at (wait for it....) "Light Speed".

Reasons for Choosing Lightspeed Restaurant

It seemed to tick the most boxes for us. Overall we are very excited about the product.

Patrick from Messier Bicyclettes inc.

Vraiment un plus Value!

Ce système a vraiment simplifié mes opérations de vente au détail et ma compatbilité. Que dire de la prise d'inventaire? Un pur bonheur. Ce qui me prennait des heures à étiquetter ne me prends que quelques minutes maintenant. Je suis vraiment heureux. Comme tout n'est pas parfait, qques petits bogues d'imprimante, de disposition et de langue mais rien de majeur. C'est un logiciel qui n'a pas fait augmenté mes ventes mais m'a rendu plus efficace donc, s'est avéré rentable!

Pros

Facile à utiliser, vraiment bien pensé pour les magasins de vélo. capricieux sur les logiciels et appareils compatbiles.

Cons

Un peu trop optimisé pour les shops de vélos. Dans le cas de prise de rendez-vous, ça nous semble moins évident.

Reasons for Choosing Lightspeed Restaurant

Mieux adapté pour les shop de bikes et moins dispendieux par mois.

Tony from Big Star Cigar Lounge

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Lightspeed for a cigar lounge

Customer service is exceptional. The setup is a bit difficult but once functional, it's awesome.

Pros

The amount of data your can sort and digest quickly iCloud storage

Cons

if the processor goes down, you are screwed without a square reader if the internet is down, you need a hotspot

Reasons for Choosing Lightspeed Restaurant

recommendations of other cigar lounges

Cenna from Cenna Custom Cycles

Industry: Sporting Goods

Ease of use and integration

I love it! The days of using DacEasy POS have been gone and I'm extremely satisfied with the functionality of LightSpeed POS.

Pros

Easy navigation and integrating inventory functions with select vendors.

Cons

Not much not to like about this software!

Reasons for Choosing Lightspeed Restaurant

Having tried it at another retailer, It was clearly light years ahead, pun intended!

Amanda from Capital City Luggage

Capital City Luggage

We are a retail and repair shop that has 1 location. We were looking at a way of integrating our online inventory to our retail, so our inventory can be managed. There are very few things we would change about this platform. Its nice that as the company develops, they listen to customers needs and make relevant changes based on that. It's almost a 1 stop shop for being able to run a successful business.

Pros

- ecom and retail link seamlessly -open and close cashes easy for staff -each staff has own login to track sales progress and customers - can limit staffs access to certain tabs that are irrelevant -painlessly easy to submit orders, and create new product -can easily provide quotes for potential customers -easy to do inventory checks from your cell phone, great for purchasing at trade shows or counting stock in warehouse.

Cons

Cons: -Limited integrated payments -Limited ways to get content linked to other selling platforms -Blog -doesn't do penny rounding for cash sales (canada doesn't use pennies) - creating a work order- we cannot add or remove tabs that show on work orders -system crashes during work hours, (bugs in system) approx every 3 months, which means we have to use manual receipts and cash only.

Reasons for Choosing Lightspeed Restaurant

lightspeed was easier to operate and was primarily pos based, shopify was primarily online based

Mary from RALEIGH REGIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS

We LOVE Lightspeed POS Retail

More Accurate Inventory Many Sales Report Options Available/Analytics Ease of Doing Business Customer Friendly

Pros

This software is designed for RETAIL, makes doing business in our Realtor Store simple. Ringing up customer is a breeze. Easy and fast to create a purchase order and receive products to inventory. This software is intuitive and simple to learn. We keep track of our inventory and sales reports, with accuracy. Love the scanners and printed product label option.

Cons

The only negative is the long wait by phone, when we need to speak to support. Definitely worth the wait! All customer service people are polite. They always help us work through our issue with professionalism and follow-up email.

Reasons for Choosing Lightspeed Restaurant

Even thought it wasn't the least expensive, Lightspeed seemed to provide everything we needed to meet our needs. We also had a great sales person, who explained the software to us and helped us along the way. His name was [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

Ken from Running Lab

Lightspeed can take your retail store to the next level...with some work!

Pros

3rd Party integrations, 1st party ecom integrations, Cayan payment integration, and the robust special order system that is rooted in the entire platform. These are the big ones but there is many more small things.

Cons

No POS is perfect so there are definitely things that could be fixed. I would say being able to redeem gift cards online is a big one. They know this though and are working on it. Also, being able to see Matrix inventory in regular retail vs just in Analytics but again very small things.

Shane from Mullum Mac

Industry: Computer Hardware

Lightspeed Retail Changed the way we run out business

We migrated from Lightspeed Onsite to Lightspeed retail nearly a year ago now, and the move has been fantastic. I did a LOT of research before the move to ensure we could take our Onsite Data over. Actually turned out there was some Workorder data that wouldn't migrate, but the upside to move to retail outweighed this by a long way. (As as work around, we simply left LightSpeed Onsite running side by side to Retail, and refer back only occasionally to Onsite. Isn't as big a deal as I thought it would be) Lightspeed retail is quick and powerful. Inventory management is completely accurate, and keeping track of special orders for customers is a breeze. We used to keep manual systems in place to keep track, but these have been retired. Customer management is excellent, keeping track of who owes what and what customer has how much on deposit for special orders. Lightspeed retail also integrates easily into our Tyro POS system, making credit card payments easy and accurate, no fear of adding or worse, leaving a zero off of the bill. Work orders can be colour coded to show where jobs are up to, and we keep all customer notes in the system. With LS retail being cloud based, I can even send a tech out onsite with and iPad and a Mobile Payment device and invoice, take payment and close a job before the tech leave customer site. On top of this, I have integrated a third party application called Service Reign to manage emails to customers post job to glean customer feedback.

Pros

LS Retail is smart, accurate and quick. Inventory management is great, and reporting is comprehensive. This is everything we need to efficiently run our business. Being a cloud based system, we can track the business remotely.

Cons

LS Retail (coming from LS Onsite), can be a little clunky at first, however once you understand the work flow of the system, it all makes sense.

The Lightspeed Retail platform made more sense

Nathan from McFly Outdoors

Industry: Sporting Goods

Lightspeed is among the best POS platforms for growing businesses

Lightspeed has proven to be an extremely stable POS system for our usage. Downtime has been extremely minimal and Lightspeed support teams are always able to get us back up and running quickly--often before the operating hours of our stores. With the stability of the software and the advanced insights into sales trends, we are able to understand our merchandising and inventory needs at a much more granular level. This ensures that we aren't wasting dollars on excessive inventory that is difficult to sell. We are also able to focus on the operational aspects of the business since the software has been so stable and reliable for us.

Pros

The sales tools are very easy to understand and enable us to train new employees quickly on the software. The software also makes managing multiple store locations easy and centralizes order and vendor information for our product managers to use across the company and analytics and insights that the software provides is essential to master the merchandising and inventory needs of our store.

Cons

While Lightspeed offers excellent analytics tools and integrations, most of them come at an additional cost which may be a deterrent for smaller businesses. If you aren't planning on investing a great deal of effort into the growth of your business (i.e. more locations or omnichannel sales) than you may be better served with another option. Also, while there are several integrations and API connections available for the system without designing custom solutions, some POS systems offer greater scalability and integrations with software like third-party e-commerce management tools. When moving away from Lightspeed's products for solutions such as this, costs can quickly add up.

Reasons for Choosing Lightspeed Restaurant

We prefer that Lightspeed POS is a cloud-based system that can run on a desktop computer as opposed to Revel's iPad operating system. Also, Lightspeed offered greater flexibility in selecting merchant solutions like payment processors and credit card transaction equipment.

Jessica from Close to the Heart

Best POS for small businesses

One major benefit is how easy my ordering is with their PO system.

Pros

I moved from Lightspeed to Clover and it's night and day. I had to piecemeal the Clover system on the back end to be useful and Lightspeed hands you so much. I've since added more and more of the Lightspeed system like loyalty because their tools are amazing. One of the best parts is their customer service. You get quick answers and they go above and beyond. Whether it's something as simple as why isn't my shipping working on ecom or how can I verify my website with the different social media platforms, their FAQs and customer service team never disappoint. If you are thinking about switching, do it. You won't regret it. It's made me more efficient all around. Thanks Lightspeed!

Cons

Lots of different options so it takes a bit to determine what you need to use.

Reasons for Choosing Lightspeed Restaurant

Best integration of inventory, ease of use, I liked all the different standard things the system had like inventory POs, employees, special orders, and more.

Julie from Roadkill Ranch

Robust System Integrates Webstore and Brick- and - Mortar Store

I'm super happy with Lightspeed and I like how they have 24/7 customer service in case of a glitch. The staff is always very friendly and extremely knowledgeable. I tried another service (Sunrise POS) when I first started out and the guy promised me the world. Little did I know it wasn't even geared for retail it was a restaurant system. I was totally taken advantage of, I had no one to call for support and ended losing over 5k. Lightspeed is up front and caters to your needs. They are awesome!!

Pros

It's easy to use, It's easy to check on the store activity when I'm not there through my iPhone. It gives detailed reports on categories, vendors and daily sales. I love it because it manages the inventory on my website as well as my retail front. If I have 12 pieces listed on my web store and sell 4 in the store, it will deduct accordingly.

Cons

Nothing really. I wish some of the paid upgraded features were free.

Reasons for Choosing Lightspeed Restaurant

I chose them because all of my retail needs and support needs would be met. I had a list of things I needed and they walked me through their system over the phone so I could see how it worked. The fact that they are there to answer questions along the way was a huge determining factor.

Joe from La vie La vie Comptoir Santé

The best pos software

Great experience overall.

Pros

saves a lot of time, compared to a Maitre D and others. When I hire new staff they are ready to operate alone after half a day of training. Easy to set up menu, self explanatory. Easy to desing and customise your screen with your kind of operation, (I do table service and grab and go) Great updates, the sofware is getting smarter every couple of months. No heavy backstores and no crashes in 2 years. Custumer service is quik and efficient (called them only once in 2 years)

Cons

a bit pricy but would not go back to anything elese.

The app experience

Daniel from Eclipse Chocolate Bar & Bistro

The POS We've Been Waiting For

Pros

I manage a restaurant called Eclipse Chocolate, and I was uncertain that Lightspeed would be able to meet all of our needs. We're a full service dining concept with brunch and dinner daily, a cafe, a bakery, an event space, a confectioner, and a wholesaler; we needed a POS that would be intuitive and adaptable to a very dynamic menu, and usable by professional servers, as well as kitchen and production staff. We got it! The customer service is outstanding, and offered hands-on support with our setup. We'd had some initial miscommunications and misunderstandings, and we found we needed some additional functionality out of the software. However, the team has always been very helpful and fast to respond; I'm also very pleasantly surprised how much development is being done with the app. This is definitely a well-supported POS that is constantly being improved. I'm extremely impressed by how well it works for our unique "combo based" menu. Lightspeed has helped close a lot of simple human error loopholes! We also decided to invest in the "Liteserver," which was an expensive piece of hardware, but a welcome relief during internet outages. Losing WiFi during a busy brunch was disastrous with previous cloud-based POS'es, but now we don't even miss a beat (or a ticket).

Cons

There are some minor missing features I would still like to see, like better development of Labor Reports to help calculate overtime, but I have confidence that they will be added in time. I see an update every couple weeks, so I do believe the dev team is working through a list.

Rex from Inspire Business Solutions

Amazing Features! Highly Recommend!

Recommend to any size restaurant! Its highly scalable and can grow with you. I love the menu creation feature, and how it can do delivery and take-out with no issues, even add to the same ticket. The layout tool is a strong part of Lightspeed. It has every feature to design a solution that allows for the waitstaff to feel they have control over the flow of seating. Highly recommend Lightspeed!

Pros

Lightspeed has the features! I like the integration with the web on the retail side. It seamlessly integrates the our clients stores with the eCommerce site they have. This allows for much better inventory control, and allows to offer the same features as the big box stores. Things like order online, and pick-up it the store. The lightspeed restaurant edition, is the one the best we have used or offered to clients. We directly tested and used this software looking for issues. We found very little, and nothing to sway from using. The server module which allows for table and waitress management is one of the best I have every used. Allow you to layout your restaurant exactly as you have it. You can even have multiple layouts which allows for if you change arrangements for evening dinning or large parties. Creating your menu is something that lacks in many software for food service. Lightspeed offers full control over the menu! you can go as deep as you want in what you track right down to the salt and pepper per item. Allows for pictures, ingredients, costs, specials, limited time specials, up sale, add-ons, combo, you name it, it can be done. Highly recommend this software for any size food service business.

Cons

No real cons. They offer updates, the support is there. I would say that the cost per location can add up for multi-location businesses. Overall it is becoming one of the best.

Michael from Furniture & Blinds

Happy Customers.

I own Furniture and Blinds in Toronto, Canada, and have been a dedicated Lightspeed user for over a decade, back when you rolled out a now very-dated version of Lightspeed for Mac only. We just recently went from OnSite to the cloud and e-commerce solutions, and I am crossing my fingers that these deliver for us as the software has done in the past! I just wanted to write to express my sincere thanks to you and the team, as well as those who provided critical support (I forget their names at the moment) last week when we orchestrated the transition. I especially appreciated my reps willingness to engage with my many different questions as I contemplated the upgrade over a period of several months starting in March, his constant support as we moved forward with the purchase more recently, and finally his critical role helping expedite the process of transition over a period of five hours last week. I must also extend my most hearty thanks to the patient support team who guided me through the process. What a professional and courteous experience throughout -- Lightspeed really does set the gold standard in this regard. It is really incredible to receive this kind of care and support, especially from a Canadian company, and I just wanted to convey my sincere gratitude to you, and the rest of the team. We will continue to support you. 6/5 stars!!!

Pros

Love the cross-platform integration, cloud, and aesthetic!

Cons

The fact that we have to continue to pay more for upgrades, better themes, etc.

Michelle from The Celtic Ranch

Does exactly what it's meant to do

Lightspeed as a POS for retail is great. When I started my position they were using a server based POS system which didn't work for the growth of the business to Amazon, Ebay and our two Shopify stores. I absolutely love lightspeed - they have great customer service and I know that if anything happens it will be fixed quickly. Highly recommend!

Pros

Easy to use and great customer service. Cannot ask for a better product

Cons

The one thing I wish this product would do is be able to run the custom fields we have in a report.

Lightspeed POS for Retail and Restaurant

Overall I really do like our Lightspeed POS system, and am glad we use it in our retail/restaurant hybrid situation. I trust that they'll continue to work to integrate them at an accelerated pace.

Pros

We use Lightspeed on both the restaurant and bar sides of our business, moreover, the Lightspeed Retail feeds directly to our eCom site. I especially like that there are a lot of inventory management and reporting features on the retail side, and in a perfect world it should be a perfect tool for managing the physical and financial aspects of inventory. There are lots of different ways to handle customer payments, including credit accounts. We do have a few thousand SKUs, but still, Lightspeed POS still seems to work for us.

Cons

I do not like that the interfaces for retail/restaurant/eCom are not the same. Reporting is relatively intuitive within each branch of the software, but it seems like if you're selling a comprehensive package then you would make them similarly intuitive so that going between different parts of one business is seamless. The Lightspeed Restaurant POS reporting seems a bit flawed to me - it does not offer any sort of till reconciliation information, despite the fact that it asks you to count in and count out your till every day.

A great solution that still needs work

Pros

It's incredibly versatile and intuitive; many of our staff were highly adept with it within the first few weeks of implementation. The program opened up a lot of doors for us in terms of what we were able to do with our products, and granted much higher data recovery and trend evaluation than our previous solution. Product creation is smooth and intuitive and the link between Retail and eCom has cut our time in half when it comes to creating new product listings for our web store. Lightspeed has a few solutions that I haven't come across in any other software in my experience. The capabiltity of creating product matrixes; the ability to easily perform layaways and special orders for customers; the customization options for work flow process are all wonderful additions that have greated increased our business' efficiency.

Cons

There are a few issues with the software when it comes to feature implementation. The program is obviously not designed to be used with a business of our scope and those weaknesses can at times feel nonsensical. There are many ways in which the Retail and eCom sides seem to be at a disconnect. These are very obviously two separate programs which have been bridged after the fact, but the fact remains that there are still places where those bridges are more cobbled together, or even nonexistent, than they should be.

Travis from AGS Canada

Great Customer Service

We have been very happy with Lightspeed for nearly 10 years and felt as we have grown with them. Customer support has always been great.

Pros

Adding new features constantly Ease of use Cloud based Retail is great as it syncs instantaneously with eCom eCom is very easy to use with tons of features Analytics is fantastic and helps with easy reporting Customer service has always been top notch. We have been with them for over 10 years and always impressed with support.

Cons

Still feel Retail can work on inventory management with serial numbers a little better. Would love to see a invoice option for Retail instead of Receipts.

Chris from Wheel Sport Bicycles

A real review

Pros

1. We have 4 stores, and with a shared inventory, it has made things simpler. 2. Lot's of small customizable menu's gives a range of flexibility. 3. The ability to use a POS from anywhere, on most platforms is amazing. 4. Support is also a key, and they have been great. 5. Super stable, in 2 years there have only been 2 times the server went down, and both were fixed in under 10 minutes.

Cons

1. Building a Special order, and transferring it, is clunky, and hard to train staff on. It works, but could use some streamlining. 2. It uses a shared search, for all of the different tabs. So if you are trying to search for a just a labor type, you have to select labor, every line. Still works, just clunky. 3. Lastly, if you sell an item, not in inventory, there is only a yellow warning, at the top of the screen. would be better if it had a "are you sure" and a red warning. All of this aside, the inventory, labor management, reporting, POS, Work Order, and PO to SO tracking, makes this so much easier.

Reasons for Choosing Lightspeed Restaurant

I was not a part of the decision to switch

Simon from Staycity Group

Industry: Restaurants

A easy to use system that my team love

We started using Lightspeed around two years ago. When joining the business I inherited a creaky old POS system that had been chosen for its ability to connect to our hotel PMS rather than for its usability and features. I was surprised that a cloud based system would have the capability to connect to hotel PMS but lightspeed does this really well. We started with 6 month trial in one location and now all locations run there F&B using Lightspeed. I was really happy with the support I received whilst on boarding, getting the system set up how we want it is very easy and the regular system updates only ever make things better. The key quality though has to be the ease at which the team use the system. Training is down to ten minutes rather than several hours supported by a hefty manual with our previous system. We are not about to explore the add ons for our next new opening including Customer Facing Display, Kiosk and Kitchen Display,

Pros

So easy to train the team Simple sensible interface Regular updates and improvements Great Hotel PMS (Opera) Interface

Cons

Only works on Ipad, would be great if Android was an option to open up the hardware market Needs consolidated reporting for chains

September 2016

Nate from Ezina Designs

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

September 2016

Lightspeed Onsite and Lightspeed Cloud

Pros

The functionality of the onsite product was excellent. I uncovered several small deficiencies and Lightspeed support was very attentive to help me develop workarounds. I now use the Lightspeed Cloud retail solution. Support is also excellent for the cloud software. The software is easy to use and intuitive.

Cons

The cloud solution is more affordable but lacks in some of the functionality of the Onsite software. Here are some big ticket items that need to be addressed in future upgrades: you cannot customize product labels. This means if you want to put a UPC code in place of the proprietary p-code you cannot. Information exchange is limited for vendors from the onsite version. In Onsite, I was able to use excel files (.csv or .txt) to add new products or update pricing. This was a very effective tool that has been removed from the cloud iteration. Lightspeed assisted with the initial product download but all new items must be entered individually. There are major problems with the Ipad software linking with the recommended Bluetooth barcode scanner. This is a borderline disastrous situation. The scanner that is recommended from Socketmobile costs over $200. However, it regularly loses contact with the iPad. The only solution is to keep the iPad "awake" at all times or to close and reopen the program every time you want to make a sale. Neither Lightspeed or Socketmobile have a satisfactory solution.

Miriam from Catapult Coffee & Studio, c/o Outflow Ministry

Industry: Restaurants

Easy to use, excellent reporting features.

Pros

We like the ease with which new staff can learn to use this software. We also like the clarity with which the back end is organized, and the support available to help us learn the various features. It is simpler and easier to follow than Lightspeed Retail's back end. Reporting features are extremely helpful. It is all very customizable.

Cons

I don't like that the the software is not linked directly to Lightspeed Retail, and that when we lose internet connection we lose access to our POS.

Reasons for Choosing Lightspeed Restaurant

We chose Lightspeed Restaurant partly because of the availability of Lightspeed Retail, e-commerce, and Quick Books extensions for all of those. We also wanted something that was easy to use and easy to teach. We liked the sleek platform and all the reporting tools. The gift card function is a plus, as well as the fact that you can purchase a barcode scanner that can switch back and forth between Restaurant and Retail. All these features together simply didn't exist in the alternatives we were considering.

Marc from The Compleat Sculptor

Lightspeed has been a lifesaver

Lightspeed has saved me hours of time by integrating multiple systems. I really swear by this product! It has helped me grow my business.

Pros

Its ease of use is probably the number one factor, but it is followed by the live inventory on the internet. The program is continuously evolving and improving and the staff has been great!

Cons

The only real draw back I see is that there is no offline function.

Better service, better product

T-Ann from Seminary Hill Bookstore

User friendly, intuitive and great for small businesses

Customer support is great! They go above and beyond to try and help with any issues. I am super glad that in my search for a POS system that I chose Lightspeed!

Pros

Variety of different aspects pertaining to the needs of my business: POS, reports, inventory management and control, being able to print labels, being able to track all of my activity...

Cons

1. I wish that I were able to customize it a little more and that what I customize would be searchable. 2. I also would like it if the ISBN numbers would show up on the screen which lists the items I have for order on a particular PO. 3. When email a purchases order it would be helpful if, on that screen from which I hit send email, it would immediately show somewhere on the screen that the order was emailed. Sometimes I get interrupted and when I come back I can't tell if I have actually hit "send email" or not. 4. An option to have a button that would pop open the register from any screen would also be helpful. I say "option" because I realize some companies would not feel safe having it be that easy to open the cash drawer. It would be helpful for us, however.

Ray from Shoe Shi Boutique

1 year in and Extremely Pleased

After being with our (old) POS vendor for almost 10 years it was hard to just jump ship and switch to a new vendor. I was hesitant. After speaking with their sales team and they answered question after question, I felt confident. We are now fully integrated with both our POS store and online retail presence. This has been the exact solution we've been wanting for all these years.

Pros

1) Support, support, support. A product is only as good as the support that's behind it. IMO, we've had issues during the day and at almost 12 midnight where I had to call HelpDesk for support an issue. Not only was a Ticket # created for me, it was followed up with an email, and they made sure that my issue was resolved. This has been worth every bit. A+ in this area. 2) No software to install. So if you want to run this on a PC, laptop, Apple computer, or even Linux ... sure. All you need to do is make sure that you can print (receipts). 3) Ease of use. The online portal is extremely easy to use and navigate.

Cons

1) If the internet goes down, you are dead in the water. Obviously, because the product is based online. Sometimes when there is an outage in our area we just have to ask our customers to pay with cash or checks. 2) It is pricier. Although I do realize that this is Cadillac, I'm not paying for an old Tercel anymore. 3) Reports. The reports section can be a little daunting and confusing, but once you understand which report(s) you need then getting to it is no problem.

Joel from Joe East Inc

Great Inventory & POS System in One

Pros

Great inventory control for single or multi location retailers Excellent and easy to use Point of Sale System Very flexible so that you can fit it into a variety of work processes Excellent support via chat, screen share and phone Syncs with QuickBooks and othe popular accounting software with their Lightspeed Accounting package Report data can be viewed on screen or exported for more detailed analysis.

Cons

Limited user permissions give individual users too much power (they can export data without any way to turn it off). For example you cannot prevent staff from exporting your customer database without turning off their access to look up and add customers to sales, which is a must to really use Lightspeed to its full. This is really a major glaring hole and one they are aware of, but are not in a hurry to fix. We have been using them for 2 years and complaining about this for two years with no resolve or attempted resolve yet. Other than this we really like them, but this is a very large pain point for us and other customers.

Brandon from A-Best Sew & Vac

The Best POS for Niche Entrepreneurs and Businesses!

Lightspeed came to the rescue when our antiquated, old, no-longer-supported and dying POS system was on the fritz and costing us dearly. They worked with us on implementation and migrating to the new system. They worked with us on payments so that the sticker shock hurt a little less. And when I say they worked with us, I mean they worked with possibly the highest maintenance customer they have ever had. We're an old company that moves slowly and tends to be extremely "cautious" of new technology. Lightspeed was patient. They never pushed, got frustrated, or stopped calling to check on how we were coming. They did several product demos, training sessions, and have spent countless hours on the phone with us helping us get the software and hardware setup and working. They have been with us every step of the way and we now have the POS system of our dreams!

Pros

It is very in depth and detailed. There are so many functions and fields for data entry, recording, ​and tracking. It's in the cloud! No backups! Clean and simple, yet so powerful! Technical support is AAA+++! They're the bomb! Can't believe we tried anything else first.

Cons

It is a bit involved for setup and some may consider it "expensive." All I'll say is that you get what you pay for. For every con, other POS have two or three. And for every con, Lightspeed has a workaround.

Brianne from Red Ants Pants

Ideal for retail apparel & manufacturing company

Inventory and customer management were the big game changes for us, before this we had many decentralized systems that didn't talk to each other.

Pros

Great all-in-one system for sales, employee and customer management, gift cards, inventory, purchase orders, and more! Exporting to Quickbooks is a breeze.

Cons

They have great basic reports, but you have to pay more for more detail analytics reports.

Debbie from Furry Friends Inc.

Easy to Use!

I have used this system for approximately 5 years and the team at LightSpeed have continually made improvements. I believe it is a super easy POS to use and the monthly rate makes sense as it is not residing on a single computer. I would recommend and have recommended this product to others.

Pros

Lightspeed is very user friendly. It is super easy to get your new employees trained on this POS. The system is easy to pick up. I also appreciate the ease of creating a purchase order in the system. I can't say enough about having cloud access with this POS system. I can work from anywhere! I use the reports and graphs a lot even though I work with an inventory management system. It seems to give me accurate information for future ordering

Cons

Inventory can be it's downfall. I have spoken with several different retailers and it is consistent about being inconsistent in running totals. I review it weekly just to make sure prior to ordering. I also don't like that the margin is incorrect! One must use a profit margin tool to make sure your markup is consistent with what it needs. Last thing that the system does not have is PO's by category or show inventory assets received in cost and retail. It only shows it in cost which can be cumbersome as our products have several different margins.

Veronika from FIG Studio Kitchen

POS for New Restaurant Owners

Never had a system this advanced before. I keep trying to implement more features to benefit the daily running of our restaurant.

Pros

Easy to use and set-up. Customer support is great. You are always talking to a real person and they always answer your questions or solve your problems.

Cons

There have been a few bugs every now and again. I would have liked some more one on one time when setting up our system.

Reasons for Choosing Lightspeed Restaurant

The weren't pushy. They let us decide. There was always someone there to talk to. Webinars were great!

MICHELE from GIRO DITALIA RISTORANTE

HAPPY WITH LIGHTSPEED

In my restaurant, we have been working with Light Speed from the opening in 2017, so over two years now, and me and my staff are very happy about. I don't like to lie and obviously the POS is not perfect., there are always areas to improve, and be more functional and works better as with any system. I sent few email to suggest the area they can improve and i have a good response, and this is somenthing i really appreciate, for me this is mean that you are working with someone that cares about your business and it's not there just to take your money. However is fair also to say that from the beginning to now they have improve a lots in different aspects. A special mention i want to do is the direct and quick Tech Support during the regular business hours of the day at every time, this aspect put Lightspeed above the competitors.

Pros

EASY TO USE - GOOD VALUE COST - GREAT CUSTOMERS SERVICE

Cons

SOME FUNCTIONAL NEED TO BE IMPROVE AND SOME AREA NEED TO BE ADJUST TO BE MORE FUNCTIONAL

Traci from Wanda Louise, LLC

Positive Point of Sale System

Lightspeed is an integral and powerful tool which we use to organize, track and run our business. Its automation and calculations save us time and money.

Pros

Ease of use and fantastic customer support. Functional features, from inventory control to tracking sales, that make running our business a successful enterprise.

Cons

Inability to get our vendor catalogues into the Lightspeed catalogue list. Inability to remove items counted in a partial inventory from the full inventory count. For example, a count made of items bound for donation.

Reasons for Choosing Lightspeed Restaurant

It had superior features and recommendations from others within in our industry. As part of our research, while at trade shows, we spoke with both other retailers, vendors and industry reps. We found its ease of use and integration were superior.

Jaime from Marina Knowlton

Industry: Restaurants

User friendly and great customer service

Pros

We've been using Lightspeed at our Marina/Restaurant/Bar for 3 years now and have nothing but good things to say about it. The setup was really straight forward and there has been such great customer service for any questions or issues that have come up. It's very user friendly and easy to train new staff on. Very simple when it comes to changing prices or adding new products. We are very happy we went with Lightspeed at Marina Knowlton!

Cons

I'm not a very "techie" person so there have been some issues that have come up (that would have come up with any POS) that I wasn't able to figure out on my own. But any time we have called customer service for support they have helped fix the problem. So in the end, not really a con!

Tasnim from Canvas Grill (Pty) Ltd

Industry: Restaurants

I was really impressed with the functionality and ease of use of the system.

We started using the software at a time when very few people were using apps to take restaurant orders. It was revolutionary for our market and soon many followed the trend.

Pros

It was a revolutionary tool for us in South Africa when we first started using the system in our restaurant in 2013. It eliminated errors in orders by the waitrons as orders were taken immediately at the table as opposed to the waitron memorising the order and punching it into the system. It also assisted in getting dishes to the patrons much faster as orders went directly to the kitchen with little delay. The stock functionality was also very useful to us.

Cons

Based in South Africa and the exchange rate being extremely volatile at the time, the monthly premium was sometimes quite expensive.

Debbi from FamilyLife

FamilyLife - POS Administrator

I am very impressed with the excellence in the Customer Service assistance I have always received from LightSpeed. Whether the need is from our Account Executive, Billing Representative, Tech Support. . . they are always ready and willing to assist or answer my questions. I also appreciate the way LightSpeed notifies their customers of upcoming updates & issues that are being investigated and completed or resolved.

Pros

I appreciate the ease of set-up and making the many necessary changes. . e.g. tax rates, shop names, the various aspects of inventory, etc. The options for the many different reports meet all of our needs and more.

Cons

Due to the very unique situation we have with so many shops changing weekly, the only thing I really wish was easier is to have the ability to add inventory to all shops simultaneously.

Marissa from Financial Services

Intuitive interface for modern business

I changed my retail store to this software when we were one location; we have expanded to two more stores in three states total, and I love that the product grew with the company. It is a great synchronous mastermind behind the scenes!

Pros

The fields are fairly easy to customize, which could be good for a variety of businesses. The software works quickly, on a good internet connection, and syncs very well. The product inventory is also easy to edit, and the invoicing system works seamlessly. I love the minimalist design, which is modern and easy to navigate. The customer records are also great, better than any other database.

Cons

Not a lot of offline features; also lacking a great e-communications/marketing aspect so I have to use other vendors.

Jeremy from The Bling Box Boutique

I wish we would have switched to Lightspeed sooner!

It helps my inventory online and instore remain perfect since the retail side talks to the ecom side and vice versa! It is AWESOME! Probably the #1 Feature I was looking for!

Pros

My absolute favorte thing Lightspeed Omnichannel does for our company is it keeps all our inventory correct online and inside our retail store! When we have online sales, all that data is brought into the Retail Side of the software and a new customer account is created. Even when a local, regular repeat customer makes a purchase online, the software is smart enough to match it up to the existing Lightspeed Account and just adds their sale to the list of sales they already had! Now, that is cool!

Cons

I know they are working on getting more eCom Support Technicians, so that is my only thing. Sometimes I have to wait on hold, but they have an accurate call back system too that is awesome! They call me back so I can move on with my day instead of being on hold! I've tested it many times, and each time they called me back and helped me out!

Zach from Halberstadt's ND

Frequent Outages

Overall, the system provides all that we need. Problem is, we don't know if the system will be online when we need it.

Pros

The system ties together items, sales, customers, and sales staff seamlessly. This allows us to dig in and review product performances like never before. Using the matrix feature makes creating items with multiple sizes, colors, and fits easy.

Cons

The system crashes. These past few months have been especially stressful with our busy season approaching. The following list is made up of days in which we were not able to take payment from customers anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours. Monday March 16, 2020 Wednesday Feb 26, 2020 Saturday Feb 15, 2020 Saturday Feb 1, 2020 Thursday Jan 30, 2020 Saturday Dec 14, 2020 Friday Dec 13, 2020 Friday Dec 6, 2020 Sunday Nov 3, 2019 Monday Sep 30, 2019 Thursday July 18, 2019 Saturday July 13, 2019 We've had an email in, with several followups, to our Lightspeed rep for the reassurance these outages will slow/stop. Unfortunately every email has gone unanswered for over a month now. This lack of communication is very frustrating. We're just waiting for an outage on a weekend during our busy season. Being we are locked into a contract we have no way out but are actively searching for an alternative as to not live in the fear of an outage at any moment. Lightspeed Payments is another spot to touch on. All told, the switch to Lightspeed Payments would cost our company roughly an extra $7,000/year on top of our current processing costs with Vantiv.

Response from Lightspeed

Replied March 2020

Hello Zach, Thank you for your feedback. We would like to sincerely apologize for your recent experience, and we are sorry to hear you were less than satisfied with the product and service received. It is our utmost priority to provide a product and service that allows our customers to focus on running their businesses with ease.We will have someone from our Customer Success Team reach out to you shortly. Thank you, Lightspeed POS

Brett from The New Wheel

Lightspeed doesn't put their customers first

Pros

Nice user interface. Good features for a shop that does service work. Cloud-based software makes it easy and convenient.

Cons

Our bike shop has been using Lightspeed for 5 years now, first with their Mac based software, and then with their cloud based software (Lightspeed Retail). There are many great things about the software, but on the whole I would not recommend a small business owner to hitch their cart to this company. There are significant bugs, inventory control is a disaster, but worst of all, fundamentally Lightspeed does not care about their customers. What Lightspeed cares about is their roadmap which in most cases doesn't deal with fundemental issues that their customers have been bringing up for years - if you have any doubt on this, look at their "ideas" page where top voted on features and requests have sat dormant for years. My frustration has boiled over due to an issue with the way their inventory system works, and the way their customer service team has responded to my pleading that they at least give me an ETA on a fix. Here's the backstory: Lightspeed does a very peculiar thing which is that it will auto-add inventory if a product is sold but does not exist in inventory. Not only this, but Lightspeed will auto-check-in inventory off of POs if a product is sold. Now this in and of itself is a disaster as far as accountability is concerned: how is one supposed to track POs when product mysteriously gets checked in! But the worst part is that there is a bug in their system which will auto-check-in product off of POs if product is put into a work order. Doesn't matter if said product is sold or not, it will check-in the product regardless, causing a nightmare scenario where we are trying to figure out what POs have truly been received, and which POs Lightspeed has decided to receive automatically. I brought this issue up for the first time around 6 months ago, and never got any solid response on a fix. I contacted support in April again. After a lot of back and forth about whether this was a real problem (like I love spending time contacting support) the support tech Derrick agreed that this was an issue. I asked for an ETA. No ETA was available. I followed up a month later in May. Still no ETA, but Derrick assured me this was a priority, but also assured my significant problem that is causing myself and my staff time and frustration and vigilance and additional systems and workflows to remedy is "an extreme edge case scenario so I'm curious about how it could be causing you significant workflow issues." So now we are in July. This supposedly "high priority" "extreme edge case" bug is still not fixed. No ETA. No communication. Since we started experiencing this issue Lightspeed has stuck an e-commerce link in the middle of the navigation bar and continued to work on integrating their e-commerece into every other cranny of the software, even if you don't use their e-commerce. They've added a new feature called Analytics which costs additional monthly fees. Their API is still slow and unsupported. Their App marketplace is effectively a Potemkin village of fake apps with no real syncing with the silo that is Lightspeed. The promises of a cloud based POS are so great, but Lightspeed does not deliver. If you are looking to invest time and energy in a retail POS platform, I would strongly encourage you to look elsewhere. Lightspeed looks very slick on the surface, and it is quite good in many ways, but the underlying company culture does not put their customers first.

Nicole from Occasion Brands

Simple, straight-forward POS

I have used quite a few POS systems, none had ever been as easy to learn and continually use as Lightspeed is. They offer linking to our company-specific rewards program which is great for business and great for our customers. Lastly, on Lightspeed, I am able to access all kinds of statistics and metrics companywide, such as employee performance, sales per location, overall sales, profit margin, etc. Overall the best POS I have used to date.

Pros

Easy to learn, understand, and use daily, additional features allow company specific rewards programs to be linked to your account, access to metrics and company sales/profit statistics

Cons

When there are server or system crashes - but they do resolve them fairly quickly

Gerard from Wrapsody Investments Ltd. t/a WrapWorks Deli

Lightspeed has transformed the way we sell because it gave us easy access to data like never before.

Me and my team got the benefits of powerful data which helped us make decisions to maximize sales, focus marketing efforts on slow moving items, disband some items and even introduce new ones based on trends. The biggest benefit is being able to quickly add a menu item, discount or special which could go live in a matter of seconds. All on the cloud.

Pros

Lightspeed is easy to use, fully customizable which I can do by myself and best of all, it is all cloud-based so I can acesss my sales real-time, and get data anywhere in the world. I love that it syncs with my inventory management software and Quickbooks too! Then user interface is friendly and there are many features that make it customizable to my business needs.

Cons

The standard reporting software is okay but only scratches the surface in my view. To get deeper reports you have to contact sales and possibly pay extra. I would have preferred to have as much data and reports at my disposable as possible, coming standard with the software.

Chelsea from West Texas A&M University

Great for data but poor for layaways

Pros

The system had a lot of options how to track customers, review data and input items (and find them)! It was very easy to integrate a lot of features and make use of all reports. Easy for all employees to use and very rarely glitched. Customer support was always happy to help with teamviewer to walk through any issues or concerns.

Cons

My business was heavily layaway based and I found the program to be lacking in this department. It was not streamlined and the item would simply deduct additional payments but would not be reported in the same matter as other transactions of the day and affect totals and comparative reviews. It was difficult to make split payments and add/remove merchandise to the customer without always make some sort of mistake.