• Pros

• "It is very easy to set up a customer in the system. It is also very easy to find them. I also like that when I pull up a customer I can see what they owe us with out having to search."

• "I like that it collects information about our attendance and makes it really easy to run reports so that we can find out how many people visited a certain exhibit"

• "The only part of this soft ware I like is the back end reporting portion allowing for quick break downs."

• Cons

• "The system works way too​ slow sometimes. Touch screen is not responsive enough. It has missing functions."

• "Probably the fact that it costs money. I guess I can't get it free, but it sure doesn't hurt to wish!"

• "-Not Supported on Android / iOS / Mac OS -Requires Intermediate windows knowledge for setup. -Does not have the best cloud integration."

Browse Cash Register Express Reviews

Life made easier

This system has benefited us so much at McDonals, because it helps keeps us organized and up to date with everything that we may need help with or inventory on. It also makes it a lot easy for our crew too.

Pros

The most that I like about this software is that I am able to manage everything on this system at McDonald's. I can check times, check products and look at all the orders that had came through that day. Also with this system you are able to do schedules and make sure that the inventory is put in. With this system you can do just about anything even knowing the total sales for that day and month. This system helps keep everything together.

Cons

The only thing that I did not like was the fact that sometimes when I was trying to do an order, it automatically started rebooting itself and doing an update. It did not happen too often.

Jennifer from Quick service mart

I could not have asked for a better system and company!

My overall experience with POS nation is probably one of the best experiences Ive had with another company. From day 1 everyone that I have spoke with at that company has done nothing but go above and beyond to help in any way they possibly can with anything that I needed. Their customer service skills were amazing. And thats very hard to find these days. Every employee that I spoke with was not only extremely nice and amazing and helped with anything that i needed but you could tell that they all worked for a great company and took great pride in the company that they worked for. Which is also very rare these days. I have nothing but amazing compliments for this company! From the bottom to the top! Im so impressed with

Pros

What I liked most about this software was pretty much everything. From the price, the free installation, the iCloud monthly service, the 24/7 help line, and the overall easiness of the system. Everything was customized for the products we sell. If there wasnt a barcode, you could easily make your own button for the product. The ID option is amazing, it helps the employees on checking IDs for the sale of beer and cigarettes. The time clock for clocking in and out is very helpful as well. Along with the end of day report and all the statistics that it helps break down.

Cons

Your system is amazing and truly the only con I could actually think about would be to have a bigger font option on the screen or bigger square options on the main screen.

Reasons for Choosing Cash Register Express

I did research on POS nation and 10 other different companies for a span of almost 6 months. I listened to the pricing, watched demos, spoke with numerous reps, etc. POS nation actually topped them all. To begin with, The price was by far the best out of all the competitors. It was buy to own with no monthly fees or hidden fees. Etc.. if you need help at any time, you get an English speaking operator/troubleshooter. (Which is a big and very needed thing in my retail world), every employee from bottom to the top of the chain at POS nation went above and beyond for me at any time. The monthly iCloud backup system that is not on contract. Its month to month. You can cancel at anytime. The free onsite installation from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was pretty cool. He actually drove all the way from North Carolina to Knoxville, TN. I know what a curvy long drive that can be. The easiness of the software is unbelievable. At first, I panicked and didnt know if I could learn it so I could teach my employees but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] showed me the basics and after he left, I started messing around with the system and I was able to pick up with the system within minutes. Its truly one of the best. The customer service skills from everyone I spoke with were amazing! They were not only very professional but they knew their jobs from front to back. They had great customer service skills and were able to joke and laugh and have fun at the same time. They had an amazing attitude and outlook For the company they work for

Response from POS Nation

Replied January 2020

Thank you for your in-depth review, Jennifer! We appreciate your feedback.

Sean from Country Gardens

POS Nation Review

I have enjoyed using POS Nation. With each fix or call to the tech team, I learn the system more and more. The POS Nation employees have been wonderful, and the hardware has held up well for the time we have had it.

Pros

I enjoyed the setup process. The instructor was great to work with, and very informative. The features within the system fit just about any scenario we run into. The ease of learning the system was also a relief.

Cons

I will occasionally run into issues finding the correct reports to run for specific information. Also, I have experienced "speed" issues with the system taking many seconds to finish transactions and open the drawer. However, both of these issues are resolved fairly quickly after calling customer support.

Reasons for Choosing Cash Register Express

We have Toast in our Restaurant program. Their poor hardware performance and lack of customer service dissuaded us from pursuing any further business with them.

Response from POS Nation

Replied January 2020

We're happy you're enjoying your system, Sean! Thanks for the review.

Deborah from Regina Farms

Program and billing

I have learned to work with the little hiccups that I have come across using the program.

Pros

Cons

I do no like the fact that when I apply a payment to a customers account, I am unable to print a second receipt. This has caused some problems. Would love to be able to cancel the payment, which you can't do. You must refund it, which can cause problems with the accounting end.

Response from POS Nation

Replied October 2019

Thank you for the review, Deborah! We're happy that you're comfortable working with the system.

Michael from Marshalls Creek Plumbing Supplies

Complete wast of time & money.

I am the manager of Marshalls Creek Plumbing Supplies in Pa and we 1st purchased Cash Register Express from a PC America sales back in 2012. With this purchase were spec that inventory would be able to support scanners. Pc America sold use a Honeywell scanner and then after several months they (PC America) could not get it to work with their program. Several other problem came up and then we got a lawyer only to find out the salesman was and (ISO agent) not and employee of PC America. PC America told us that we were not the original owner as the product was sold trough a contractor (ISO agent). We abandoned the product & mothballed the equipment. It gets better! FASTFORWARD TO 2016 A Heartland salesman came for our credit processing business and through the conversation he told us that they now own PC America. After going over some of the above he said that if we want to get it up and running he would make it happen. Well we figured that we have the stuff we might as well try it. So we got it running and have a large part of the inventory installed ( no scanner though) and the owner went on vacation for a few months. I got the notice that the yearly service/tech support payment was due, we were not using the system for sales. I contacted the owner and he said that as long as we can keep installing the inventory keep going and he will make the payment when he gets back. We got the 2nd notice that payment was due and (guess what) the system will not boot up now. No error code it just will not start. I called PC America and they said it was just a coincidence (it happens he said) we dont turn off your system because of nonpayment for support. However if you pay us the fee you will be up and running today. I contacted a IT guy we use and he said that he knows that PC America uses a time bomb in their program and if no contact with home base by a set date it shuts down. So much for ownership. Dont deal with this company!

Pros

It seem to be easy to load in our inventory through Excel. The stations communicate with the main station very well.

Cons

No support, repeat no support. We were just loading in our inventory no sales yet. Support payment came due while owner on vacation & upon the email for the 2nd notice they system will not boot up. No error code it just will not start. PC America told us to By the support & we will be back up today. We purchase the software complete but they can still shut it down to blackmail you into paying more money.

Jack from McKee House Seniors Society

Large, complex software

Expansion of existing Point of Sale system - new terminal and migrating from a single standalone installation to a server-based installation. Great technical support during the transition.

Pros

It gets the job done. Responsive sales team during initial contact. Excellent support while installing the product.

Cons

Complex user interface. Very complicated database structure

Reasons for Choosing Cash Register Express

Competitive pricing, good customer support

Response from POS Nation

Replied January 2020

We're happy you're staying in touch with tech support! Let us know how we can help with anything else in the future. Thanks for the review!

June 2016

Joe from Bottom Shelf Liquor

Industry: Wine and Spirits

2.5

June 2016

Product is ok but lord help you if you need support

Pros

Software has nice features for a liquor store like age verification via scanning of drivers license. Nice granular permissions to enable you to give access to only what you want to to your team. Inventory controls are great.

Cons

Support!!!! Anytime you have an issue you end up on a call to a support desk in India. I do not have a problem with support desk being in India but the techs that you get are horrible. They are consistently speaking over you and instead of helping just want to prove you are an idiot in there eyes. They insist on the system and all users need to have administrator rights which is not secure. I fell like I have to fight to get anything fixed and leave the call felling frustrated and ready to give up and move to another vendor.

Peter from The High Country Market

Industry: Supermarkets

Upgrades and

After conducting a lot of research, we decided to go with PC America Cash Register Express (CRE) when we opened our small grocery store in 2013. Set-up was easy the tech-support folks from POS Nation. We ran with a server, 2 touch screens, card swipe and pin pads, one scale, thermal printers, USB and Bluetooth scanners, and a customer display pole. Everything was fine for the first 2 years until we started getting software upgrades. We were advised to upgrade our pin-pad to the new standards. Waited until the end of the tourist season to upgrade, and then things went to hell in a hand-basket. Credit cards would not work... EBT cards failed... and our Loyalty Program has been dead for nearly 6 months with no fix in sight. I'm not sure what happened with PCA after they were acquired by Heartland, but it has been one disaster after another. Our Purchase Order screen was jacked-up for months on end. Eaches and Cases did not compute correctly. They supposedly fixed that with the last upgrade, but now our margins are screwed-up. I have no way of accurately knowing what our margin is now because our "cost averaging" is incorrect. Of course, this affects profit reports, tax reports, and the list goes on and on. This is typical PC software. It functions with many bugs and is NOT very intuitive. There is no rhyme or reason to the menus, and burrowing down just leads to dead-ends.

Pros

The software is stable in the sense that it has only crashed 2 - 3 times over the course of 4 years.

Cons

See above... Menus are NOT user-friendly. Upgrades are obviously NOT tested. Incompatible with many peripherals, and they try to force you into their hardware, which in turn forces you to their payment processor. Tech support is lacking since I purchased from a hardware provider, and PCA forces me to go through the middle-man.

So helpful

Very good. I've used other softwares and they generally have not held up as well as POS.

Pros

We used this software daily when I was working in restaurants. It made it so easy to log in customers' items, print off receipts, and pay the bills.

Cons

We had issues with it crashing occasionally, but that might have been our own servers and not necessarily the software's fault.

Response from POS Nation

Replied January 2020

We're happy to hear you're enjoying your system! Thanks for the review.

Jay from Fred Holasek and Son Greenhouse

Great product thus far, Excellent customer service

Wonderful customer service and support, good value for the money.

Pros

Easy to use software, durable design, only had 2 issues with it in the first full year of use, both were resolved by restarting the system which only took 5 minutes.

Cons

I wish the screen would include an Anti-glare feature as it is used in our Garden center and is always exposed to sun.

Response from POS Nation

Replied January 2020

We're glad you're enjoying your system, Jay! Thanks for the review.

Karen from Black Fedora LLC dba Mostly Hats

My first POS

For the most part, the service has been good. I accidentally ended up talking to someone on the east coast when I first began investigating the possibility of making this POS purchase, which is a challenge when I am trying to talk to someone on the west coast where I'm located. Anything that I need must be shipped from across the country instead of up the coast. But the people are friendly and helpful. Even if they insist I watch the videos in order to learn more about the operation of the system. That would be much easier if I actually had speakers on my machine or a place to hook them up, but I do not. Watching the videos on my home computer do not help, as I cannot practice what I just learned. Would I buy this again, knowing what I know now? Probably, although I think I'd do a little more research and ask a lot more questions first.

Pros

I purchased this POS machine and software in order to streamline our monthly sales and inventory. For the most part, it has met those needs satisfactorily. I like that I can look up sales info for specific days and track inventory during both the busy season and the shoulder season. Being able to spot trends is paramount to achieving success in any business, and that's one of the main reasons I wanted to use this software. Tracking expenses and profit/loss is also something I'm looking forward to doing with ease once I figure it out. Also, having an machine that links up to our online store and keeps inventory current is a major plus.

Cons

Oooh, this is gonna be a long list. It is not exactly user friendly or intuitive. Entering inventory is a pain in the neck. You must go through two separate screens in order to complete all the information on each item! I would much rather have a long list of things to complete on one screen than have to close out Style Matrix, go into Inventory Maintenance, find the item, fill in the missing details (part number, description for the price tags, web description, etc.) then print out the price tags (which is on yet another screen!) Also, there have been updates to the software that make some interesting changes, including having items go missing from the database and when I'm trying to ring up a customer and the machine insists that the item is NOT in inventory and would I like to add it now (even though I JUST scanned a barcode printed out by my machine) is super frustrating. Sometimes I just need to scan it for a third time before it recognizes the code and the purchase can continue. Also, the TS lookup is a hassle, as there is no way to tell if you're choosing the correct color or size in a style matrix situation. Also, when you get your online store together, the categories and departments are the opposite of what they are in the POS, which is horribly confusing, and you cannot easily change categories or departments. Don't even think about deleting one of them, because that is one button click from disaster. It gets ugly.

Response from POS Nation

Replied September 2019

We appreciate the feedback, Karen!

Gordon from Bing Brown's

Great system for the Money

I have spent the most part of a year researching most if not all the different POS systems out there. Though there are other systems that would fit my business model, the down fall is a lot of them are cloud base. With the lack of internet available in Alaska I need a system that I could use without total reliance on the internet. POS Nation was the best application for my needs. I was able to purchase everything I needed to operate my business, I 'm currently operating two stations with a third acting as my storage and back up system that was purchased locally for that purpose. Take the time needed to properly setup this system, the data you can get form this software will greatly assist you in making decisions in maintaining and growing your business.

Pros

CRE is a good program for the kind of business that I run. I recently purchased a grocery/liquor store which has a RV park and small hotel that I have been able to manage through the software. It was a lot of work setting up inventory, and incorporating the RV/Hotel to make it work with the system but with due diligence and with the great support POS provides has made managing my business far easier then it would be without it.

Cons

I have had only minor issues with the hardware for example the key boards that are sent with the system are not worth the box that the were sent in had to replace them with in a month of receiving them. The keys stick and get stuck and not everything can be done efficiently through a touch screen. The back office program is a great program with good reportage, but working with purchase orders need some work. The creation of a PO doesn't work with real world situations. Once generated the can't be adjusted when faced with stock outs or quantity changes. So I don't us it to generate my orders with vendors, more so for receiving my orders. Again these are just minor issues. Again the reportage you get form the system is very informative and allows you to efficiently manage your day to day, monthly and yearly reportage.

Phil from The Wreath Works

Industry: Farming

Love our POS System

We are a Christmas Tree Farm with a fairly large gift shop. We are only open seasonally and POS Nation is willing to work with us during the time we are open. This system has allowed us to have total control of the trees in the field, the number of trees sold, and aided us in knowing when to close the harvest. Our entire gift shop is now in the data base which allows for quick and accurate checking-out of the customers. We have also integrated our CC processing in with the POS system and everything works great! I can't say enough good about our experience with POS Nation.

Pros

How easy it was to enter the entire inventory into the system. The speed with which you can check out a customer! And the ability to run easy accurate reports at the end of the day, week or year!

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't like about the software. Anytime I have had a problem, the system had what I needed, I just didn't know how to use it. Customer support has always solved my problems and taught me what we needed to know. Or better yet, how to use the system.

Response from POS Nation

Replied October 2019

Thanks for the review, Phil! We're glad you're enjoying the software and find it easy to use.

Carly from Lotsa Pasta

By Far Best Customer Support

I did months & months of research on many (20+) different POS systems before deciding to finally make the switch to POS Nation (CRE). We have used 4 other systems in the past 37 years and I can already tell you POS Nation FAR exceeds any customer service and technical support we have ever received. It was a rocky transition (as expected) but support team and many others at POS Nation were extremely patient & supportive throughout the entire transition. If you are in need of a new POS system, I highly recommend considering POS Nation.

Pros

Customer & technical support have been top notch. We are a business that has used about 8 different POS companies over the last 37 years & have worked with numerous "support" staff from each company. Although we anticipated a rough transition period (as it turned out to be), the staff at POS Nation was there every step of the way. Specifically, customer support were all extremely patient & supportive throughout the month+ long transition.

Cons

A lot of the reports that are available are completely useless, whereas some reports that you would think are completely necessary for a POS system are not available... the most difficulty we have with the lack of reports involves Customer reports. One other CON to CRE is the Quickbooks Sales Pass. It is not as seamless as one would think when you are told it is "fully integrated with Quickbooks."

Kyle from POS Nation

Cash Register Express from a 20 Year Reseller

We've been selling this software (and many others) to cater to our retail clients and it is by far my favorite. If you have a retail business, and you don't want to ever question the capabilities of your POS software while also having the peace of mind that you're not over paying, pcAmerica's Cash Register Express (CRE) is everything you need. We offer a free buyers guide that will compare this software against many others, feel free to visit our website at any time so we can give you a tour!

Pros

-Easy to Use -Feature for Everything -Best Value (Other companies charge more for same features) -Supports Multiple Stores -Supports MANY Payment Processors -Supports Excel Import -Supports Hardware from all Industries (Under the counter scanner scales (as seen in grocery stores), Coin Dispensers, Caller ID, etc.)

Melissa from Heritage Payment Solutions

Perfect for Liquor Stores

Pros

Cash register express has over 75 different reports that are available to view or print. This software is compatible with a large variety of credit card processors and equipment options to ensure compliant and secure processing. Great added feature such as card swipes for employee login, handheld scanner for efficient inventory management, scheduling features for your staff and plenty other funtions that will help reduce labor hours spent on payroll, consolidation and employee hours.

Cons

Cash register express has amazing functionality, but that can come at a high price. This is a PC based software solution, so depending on the size of your business or the number of pos stations needed, the initial cost may be significant. Some features such as 24/7 customer support and customized reports come at an extra charge as well. Since this software is so detailed, some functions such as inventory can become cumbersome and involve significant time to setup.

Cynthia from BayLobsters Cafe & Fish Market

POS Nation tops the list

POS Nation offers great service. From the Rep in sales to the tech guys. They have always been polite, and quick with service. My only real complaint is that when I have an urgent call because a customer is waiting, I can never get through to someone right away. It can take some time for someone to get back with me. But when they do, it is usually handled.

Pros

I like POS Nation. The Cash Register Express software is pretty good but it needs more flexibility. Need easier flexibility to run comparison reports for year to year comparisons, comparing products, etc.

Cons

Cash Register Express needs more flexibility with all reports. Also we are a small business. Should have the ability to turn off requirements to enter passwords to do end of day and do backups.

Jeff from Electro Scientific Industries

Great bang for the buck

We have a unique environment here at ESI where we have an engineering & manufacturing facility with an employee cafeteria. There's only one register with a local receipt printer and a networked line printer for the grill/sandwich items. When we installed the software customer support listened well and understood so that it was quite seamless. Then, later when we added debit card support we ordered & received the correct card swipe terminal and were able to turn on the functionality very easily. When we've had network outage issues or had to change IP addressing POS Nation support was very helpful and was able to assist to resolve issues quickly. Overall it has been very good.

Pros

Organization, flexibility and customizability

Cons

The look and feel seems a little clunky...perhaps time for an upgrade?

Response from POS Nation

Replied September 2019

Thanks for the review, Jeff!

Sharon from Open Door Cigars

Industry: Tobacco

We love POS Nation

We pay the monthly maintenance fee, which is very helpful when needing assistance in the evenings. We are open from 9am until midnight, so we need support during a wide range of times. POS Nation offers that coverage.

Pros

This software is great at inventory tracking. I use the Advanced Reporting also that allows me to customize various reports that are not offered as a standard report.

Cons

I wish is had a way to export several fields all onto one report into an excel file. The only export offered is from their list of standard reports. So I have to download 2 or more reports into excel and then merge the data together to get the needed information.

Otto from Black Cat Burrito

Broad range, excellent service.

POS Nation has some of the best customer service I've come across. 24 Hour (I think anyway) technicians available, and they even assigned one person to be our contact guy for setting up the new system. He was an invaluable resource when we were just getting started. While not every technician is familiar with every POS System, they are knowledgeable enough to help solve most minor issues, or set up a call-back appointment for the next day with another agent. Could not be happier with POS Nation and their support.

Pros

I am using RPower POS System through POS Nation. This software is very in depth, almost overwhelmingly so. There is next to nothing you can't do through it and as far as POS Systems I've used throughout my career, is easily the most broad and intricate software I've ever seen. RPower comes highly recommended especially if you have a complex or large menu.

Cons

It's range of features and capability are so immense that at times it seems almost intimidating. I have been using it for nearly 4 months now and I'm figuring new things out every day. Sometimes confusing to do what one would imagine to be a simple task, until you figure out all of its various quirks and commands. If you have a small or very simple menu, I would suggest a smaller and simpler POS System.

jennifer from art and soul

owner

Really enjoy all the technical support team really listen to my needs and problem solve for my business. Make great suggestions for my operating system. I like that all my needs are in one shop.

Pros

Step by step walks you through.easy to enter product. Easy to review stock of inventory. Manage Report from year to year. Clock in clock out. Accounting purposes, great best sellers. Times of day busy

Cons

The return process. Not able to print reports of items when you enter them.

Response from POS Nation

Replied September 2019

Thanks for the review, Jennifer!

Lucky from Reddi Mart

Amazing support and equipment

Overall satisfied with my purchase and service. Wish they would provide free upgrades when requested.

Pros

They have multiple of options available including equipment to software to match your business needs. Very compatible with current equipment so it wasnt hard to switch over.

Cons

At times the system will get slow, will call support however they require a level 2 support to assist. They are available during the weekday however not weekend. In addition, you will have to call to get your system updated and only if there is problems.

Linda from Kathy's Kreations

Industry: Restaurants

POS Nation Technical Support Is The BEST!

POS Nation Technical Support is AMAZING! When the system gets hung up or any problem, they answer and have the system going or problem solved quickly.

Pros

The software suggested by POS Nation is easy enough for anyone to use and yet is able to keep up with our growing business.

Cons

The software requires you to create modifiers for so many little changes.

Yaret from El Rosal Bakery

Reliable system!

I like the tech support, always available when we need them.

Pros

simple to use, user friendly and easy to train new employees

Cons

I can't put large pictures on the boxes, Wish it would have a full pictures and text on top of the picture. Online report printing is not available. I can't print daily sales report from my home office.

Andrea from Sundreya

Post systems review

Overall it's a perfect product! It got the job done in an easy and effective manner. Highly, highly recommend!

Pros

I love this software!!! The best pos system I've ever used. It's so easy to process orders and manage sales.

Cons

I did not have any issues using this product. It was perfect for my business

SHANON from CAPTAIN JACKS MOUNTAINVIEW

Industry: Food Production

GREAT PRODUCT AND SERVICE

WE HAVE HAD A GREAT EXPERIENCE WITH THIS COMPANY SINCE WE BOUGHT THE SOFTWARE. IF I EVER HAVE ANY ISSUES, POS ARE ALWAYS THERE TO HELP ME.

Pros

I LIKE THE EASE OF HOW THE SYSTEM WORKS. IM VERY IMPRESSED WITH HOW WE CAN KEEP UP WITH INVENTORY MUCH BETTER THAN BEFORE.

Cons

HONESTLY I HAVE NO DISLIKES WITH THE SOFTWARE

Brenda from Ms.

Industry: Museums and Institutions

Administrative Assistant

It is better than what we had, it has it's pro's and con's but all in all, it is a great addition to our Museum Store and Admissions.

Pros

Cons

We could not get a report that tells us how many visitors from different states and countries. It would really be nice to have something like that to refer to.

Hillary from University

I worked as a server at multiple establishments that utilized a POS system.

Pros

This software allowed efficient customer service and quick delivery of quality product. It allowed the staff to communicate orders efficiently to the kitchen.

Cons

There really weren't many cons associated with this software.

Liz from Inspiration Paints

Great software for a retail store.

Pros

This software is easy to use and has all the functions needed to properly operate and manage inventory/ sales.

Cons

Customer Database could use upgrading making it easier to look up customers and input information.

Tilku from Jojo's Fish and Chips

Industry: Restaurants

Restaurant ProExpress

Pros

The product is Easy to use, easy to set up, it has modifier groups, and it has a good detailed daily reports

Cons

Limited settings options such as printer setup, limited reporting, can't work if main PC is down, and poor customer service

Mitch from 99 Bottles of Beer

POS Nation was the best decision I've ever made.

Pros

It helps me run my business! It gives me the information I need to make decisions. I know my best and worst sellers. I know my margins by department. I can run promos to get my customers back in the door.

Mark from Somerset County Vocational and Technical High School

Extremely helpful, patient and courteous support technicians, sales reps and accounting reps

No problems whatsoever.

Pros

User friendly. We are a culinary school, so the training mode is very useful.

Cons

a bit hard to figure out how to completely void guest checks and set up dining room tables

Louis from Hawthornes Backyard

Cash Register Express Review

tech support is awesome.

Pros

user friendly. Easy to run reports and set up menu items. Easy for the staff to use

Cons

wish some things could be customized for the individual business

Response from POS Nation

Replied September 2019

We appreciate the feedback, Louis!

Tony from Franklin St. Liquor

Great System for a Liquor Store!!

As mentioned above, getting the Iowa bottle deposit figured out was great. The Tech Support was great to work with. The POS system has a lot of great features that will be helpful in the future. I would recommend this system to any large or small retail business.

Pros

Has everything for my needs as a small Wholesale/Retail liquor store. It has a lot more than I need now but it will come in handy later.

Cons

Tech Support was great in helping figure out a way to get the Iowa bottle deposit configured as a tag along item. Works very good.

Ron from Martins Potato Chips Inc

Industry: Food Production

10 of 10

Their software and CS is excellent. No problems!

Pros

Everything (really!) I can't think of anything that is not in their software.

Cons

I believe you have to use their PC hardware.

Janice from CBITS Inc

CRE and RPE Review

The sales rep was extremely helpful and always available to answer all questions while evaluating the software. Tech support is overall very good and my recommendation to a new customer is to pay for support.

Pros

Only software that met the needs of my customer allowing for retail and restaurant sales. Customer owns the software which is what my customer wanted. Import of inventory was fairly easy and Customer Support was able to import customer basic data. Staff was able to learn quickly.

Cons

Customer history could not be imported. Reports could use improvement. Customer reports are available but difficult to learn. My customer has to rely on me to create them, the Advanced reporting is not user friendly. Formatting on the "built" in reports are not customizable unless exported to cvs, excel, etc. and even then, require some technical expertise.

Response from POS Nation

Replied September 2019

Thank you for the review, Janice!

Will from Glendal Union High School District #205

Cash Register Express review

No problems to date.

Pros

Customer Support was great, quick to respond, and knowledgeable.

Cons

Difficult to troubleshoot without tech support.

Response from POS Nation

Replied September 2019

We appreciate your review, Will!

RUSSELL from PREMIUM ELECTRIC SUPPLY

Industry: Environmental Services

REVIEW

GREAT PROGRAM FOR INVENTORY CONTROL, EASY TO TEACH , LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERY DAY

Pros

EASE OF USE, GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE, LARGE ENOUGH TO GET ALL OF OUR INVENTORY ON IT

Cons

TRYING TO USE THE IPAD FOR ORDERS, WISH I HAD MORE TIME TO LEARN THE SYSTEM MORE , HAVING TO LEARN AS I GO

Luis from Prime Electronics INC

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Awesome POS TEAM!!!

Awesome quality products ,very well trained staff and great costumer support

Pros

Easy to use,very knowledgeable ,Great product to help you save money

Cons

Too many options ,for the end use for a bar /restaurant they just want simple

Response from POS Nation

Replied September 2019

We appreciate the feedback, Luis!

Cheryl from BV Smoke Shop

Retail Sales

The Cash transactions are much easier to process and if I have an issue the POS Support team is always very helpful

Pros

The software is easy to use and easy to train my employees for our business needs.

Cons

in the beginning it was a little confusing but with the awesome support team they helped us tremendously with starting our retail business

Nikki from Shag

Made my life easier today

Pros

Easy to use and found it really easy to teach the basics to all our new employees. Everything is well organized and readily available with a click of a button. The tutorials online are a huge help on how to use and customer service is the best.

Cons

I don't have anything bad to say, most of our problems are user mistakes. If we do have a problem we call our tech support and they help.

Tacara from Elodie Amour

Great System

No problems or issues with the system.

Pros

Ease of use & functionality of the system

Cons

The look & design could use some updating. The screen & layout is outdated

Price & functions

Response from POS Nation

Replied January 2020

Thank you for the review, Tacara!

John from Musten & Crutchfield

Industry: Supermarkets

Worst POS on the Market

If you decide to purchase this software, you are in for long hours on hold with customer support and so many issues that you will wish you had never heard of PCAmerica.

Pros

GUI is nice and seems easy to use. Large buttons make it easy for employees to see and navigate the software.

Cons

Where to start... Quickbooks integration is a joke. You have to be in itemized transactions for the POS to adjust inventory. That means that EVERY single sale is entered into QB individually instead of entered as one line item for the day and inventory adjusted in bulk. I know they could do it because the end of day report has the inventory grouped together. If you use the handheld device for purchase orders, you will have to run the QB export multiple times in order to make the PO go over to QB. We use the vendor payout function, but when it pushes to QB, it enters the paid out as a check and not cash that was selected at the time of the payout. These are but a few, trust me, there are TONS more issues with the software. Support doesn't seem to know how the software works and tells you that that is how it works and there is nothing they can do about it.

John from HS Global Inc.

PC America - Great for 1 location and if you're on a budget

We moved on to Retail pro V9 after we opened our second store. Although we considered Counterpoint and Retail Edge as well.

Pros

Cheap Software and easy to use for someone not super techy. Good for a 1 location store that doesn't plan on expansion. Integrated well with Nitrosell. Nitrosell's back end made this lame software a bit more robust.

Cons

Software Database is basic, there is very low functionality with the software (you'll understand if you spend a couple months researching POS Software), and software is not expandable past 1 location even though they sell it like it is.

Serwa from Xclusive2Wear

Great Product!!

After months of using this software, I am more satisfied. It is a breeze to use and the manual is easy to follow. I enjoy the Youtube videos as well. I would definitely recommend this software program.

Holly from JD Bay, LLC

Would not recommend!

We have had this program for 7 months. I do not even know where to start. Call support and they can't help you with the program you PAID for, you will be referred to a field tech to come out and charge you more for help. Endless excuse for money pit. Basically you will never be without a form of cost. You get a quick crash course and might as well spend your time training yourself online. If I wanted to be a support tech I would go to school for it! 1 week left and this program will be gone from my business!

Pros

Cons

From a crash course in training, inaccurate inventory, making returns, correct size labels printing, the list goes on!

Dawn from Southern Spirits & More

Industry: Wine and Spirits

Pretty good

Pros

This is my first software so I don't know any others. Overall it seems to work well and easy to use.

Cons

The only training you get is when you call them, the booklet that came with it does not meet my needs

Sam from Renard's Cheese

Industry: Wholesale

POS software review

Pros

Fairly easy and intuitive for our front line staff to use and understand. We have had the CRE for a few years now and meets most of our needs.

Cons

With the Pro version, we were not able to have both of our locations communicate with each other. We are hopeful an upgrade to Enterprise will make a difference.

abdullah from Retail

Bad customer service they dont know nothing about the system

bad software bad customer service bad treatment

Pros

we dont like the soware at all really bad software also get freeze most of the time also card reder fall most of the time

Cons

the don't answer you fast when you need help i dont recomnet them at all somtime dont ring the item correct

Ahsan from Tuwa Solutions

Good Software

it was good and problem free experience.

Pros

Easy to Setup. It has local Database as well back up available in the cloud

Cons

It needs a lot of updates. i.e. also more Templates. Moreover, It needs a lot of integrations or APIs to be enabled.