ShopKeep Reviews

4.28 / 5 (663) FrontRunners

Our advisors have recommended this product 102 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "It is very easy to use and I love all the different reports you're able to view. "

• "Easy to use, tech support easy to understand and very helpful!"

• "It's very easy to use and I love all of the backoffice reports."

• Cons

• "Printer issues but can be resolved very easily."

• " The gratuity could be set up a little bit different but it still works great "

• "I would like a little versatility on a few things but it's not a problem."

Browse ShopKeep Reviews

Angie from Wonderland Emporium

Puts Square to shame

Anytime I have had any issue or problem, customer service has been the best in helping me work threw it (computer illiterate remember) plus they always have options for me to make changes that potentially make it easier on my end, or sometimes even cheaper.

Pros

I like the fact that it is a lot more detailed in the inventory set up because it allows you to actually separate you retail store into sections where square did not allowing check out to be easier and faster if you are having issues with or do not use UPC/SCU coding. I also like the fact that you can enter your inventory purchases which automatically adds it to your inventory counts and then you can enter your payout/paying for such accounts

Cons

The inventory entry durning initial setup. Because I am computer illiterate, I am still struggling to get it set up correctly and you do not have the option to go in and erase everything to start over.

Reasons for Choosing ShopKeep

Because they had no issues with the type of inventory we chose to carry.

David from Worcester Railers

Good System For Smaller Minor League Sports Teams

I have had a very good experience with ShopKeep. This is an easy to work with system both back and front of the house, that is moderately priced. If I ever needed to figure out how to pull a report a simple phone call or internet search solved the problem. I don't think that I have ever been on hold with their customer service, for more than a minute. My only real problem with SkopKeep is that you have to pay full price for a second register and then full price again for a 3rd register, and so on.

Pros

Great back of the house inventory system. Lots of viewable sales reports. Easy to use and clean POS. Dozens of Hot Keys available for POS Immediate register updates and syncing with back of house. Good customer support system

Cons

In order to get multiple POS registers, you have to pay full price for a whole new system. Meaning that you are paying the same amount for an extra register, that you would be paying for a single register plus your entire back of house inventory system. I would be willing to pay a little extra for multiple registers, but not the same amount for a whole new system. In order to pull an inventory report, you have to export to excel. Would be much easier if you could pull an inventory report based on Department or Category.

Reasons for Choosing ShopKeep

Retail Pro and Revel offer a little more, but are much more expensive. ShopKeep has a much better back of house inventory system compared to Square. ShopKeep seems to be designed by people that know retail, while Square sometimes does not.

Charleen from So Olive

Cost of Goods Sold not included in Quickbooks Integration

Overall, it has been good except for the QuickBooks Integration.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and for anyone to learn. I also like how quickly it updates information from Backoffice to the iPad.

Cons

We've been using ShopKeep for 5 years now. During those 5 years, we've been using a third party app called Shogo that would take our sales, including Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) from ShopKeep and post it into QuickBooks. I have recently upgraded my plan because ShopKeep now integrates directly with QuickBooks, and I had dropped Shogo. Huge mistake! ShopKeep does not have COGS mapped to QuickBooks. That's like washing your hair without shampoo. For every sale, cost of goods sold needs to be booked at the same time or your profit margins are off. I find it ridiculous that they didn't think to include it as part of the integration. So if you want Cost of Goods Sold posted into QuickBooks you will have to manually do a journal entry.

Reasons for Choosing ShopKeep

It included raw goods as part of the inventory.

Denise from Private Gallery Boutiques

Review of ShopKeep

I went from a complex system that I purchased for over $100,000 to ShopKeep. What a joy to have a system that is so easy to use and not time consuming to do the task at hand. Yet it provides so much information to know exactly where your company stands. Love everything about ShopKeep.

Pros

My favorite thing about ShopKeep is That it can give you so much information about your numbers yet it is so easy to operate.

Cons

I know this sounds crazy but I really don't have any negatives with this system.

Reasons for Choosing ShopKeep

Clover seemed to be geared more toward restaurants and their fees were higher. Shopify was more expensive. I got a much better rate for my credit cards with ShopKeep. The people are always so helpful and really go above and beyond. If someone didn't know the answer to my question they would find out and get back to me. Rep was key to getting everything set up and running and how best to apply it to my business. It was like speaking with a friend. She was amazing. She would always contact me when something new would come out if she thought it would benefit me and my company. ShopKeep is thorough, user friendly, and provides a plethora of information that is helpful with running my business. Sounds silly but ShopKeep feels like family! They treat me like they would want to be treated and it doesn't get any better than that in my book. I have been in business for 25 years and have never experienced anything like it! Thank you for this opportunity to share my experience!

Scott from Maryland Estate Treasures

I was a bit disappointed

The inventory issues were dealt with but the lack of solid integration between the POS and Clover was a killer. I had called several times begging for them to fix the problems. After the last one, I investigated other options. While my current POS is not quite as slick looking, it is functional. Their phone support people were nice and helpful to a point, but this issue with the Clover integration cost me money in lost charges.

Pros

It was easy to set up and the use of an iPad as a POS terminal was nice. The use of the Clover systems was nice except for the problems.

Cons

Where to begin: Inventory management is very basic. If you have a varied or a lot of variations in your inventory, this is not the software for you. Because of that, the labeling system is nearly worthless. Finally, and the reason I stopped using ShopKeep, the integration with the iPad POS and the Clover terminal was flakey. At least once per week, the Clover would appear "stuck." Transactions would go through, it could be verified on the Clover, then a void receipt would print from the Clover when a restart was tried. I lost a few credit card transactions this way. My theory it is because of the nature of the wireless communications. What's funny is the clover could have been hardwired to the network but ShopKeep doesn't do that. I tried to explain to the CSR that it could help but received no response.

Reasons for Choosing ShopKeep

While using Square for mobile payments, Square started to question my transactions. I had a good show one weekend and they threatened to cut me off. There were also reports they did the same to other vendors during Black Friday. I could not take that chance.

Travis from South-Western City Schools

Shopkeep used in Career Tech Programs

Overall, I'd definitely recommend Shopkeep. For the price, for the customer service, for its quick implementation and ease of use, you really cannot beat it.

Pros

We implemented Shopkeep within our 4 high school stores, our Cosmetology program's salon, and our Culinary program's restaurant. All have loved Shopkeeps ease of use and learning. The students have picked up on it very quickly. The Back Office has allowed our teachers and students to customize as needed. Overall it's a great product. The restaurant cannot wait for the "tables" option to become officially part of the program. Our district currently does not allow for credit cards, but they are finally considering this and we are looking forward to that and gift cards as well!

Cons

We had some issues with connectivity being a large district with many students on our wifi. We were able to purchase adapters and "hard-line" the iPads. This isn't really a Shopkeep issue though. One issue we've had is once a mistake has been made and the shift is closed, there is no way to "fix" the mistake (students will make these mistakes from time to time). We've also been left with some "hanging" open checks but figured out how to get rid of these by deleting the app and reactivating the register.

Reasons for Choosing ShopKeep

I thoroughly read through reviews, analyzed cost, and went over the pros and cons of each--and ShopKeep, for what we needed, was the best.

Jennifer from Fernwood Road Cafe

Great POS Software

With an expanding array of products and optional modifiers, we required something more advanced than our traditional cash register. The product was easy set up and super easy to teach our staff to use(many of whom are at total ease with technology). Having the order printer also took care of issues with difficulties in reading the handwriting of our staff and made the look of our order tickets uniform. The customer service that I received when needed has been outstanding, with some of the issues resolved either immediately or within a few days. That said, this product is not particularly friendly to Canadian vendors as it dos not comply with certain requirements relating to sales tax, exchange rates make it much more expensive than other comparable products now on the market and it does not have card processing outside of the US. Overall, it is a good product, easy to use and easy to customize.

Pros

Easy to customize and arrange POS screens, easy to teach staff to use, good selection of reports and stats available.

Cons

Not easy to perform changes that affect many items at once, still no breakout of taxes as required by Canadian law (must show split between provincial and federal taxes) despite repeated requests over the years, full functionality is not available in Canada, expensive when factoring in the exchange rate.

Drew from Springfield Thunderbirds

Overall great product

Overall Ive seen many changes and positive updates in my 3+ years of using the product. Ive got bottling but good things to say and have actually recommended it to a few other organizations.

Pros

I would say the ease of use and pricing are great, but what I like the most is its integration with Big Commerce that allows for us to operate an online store! Everything is managed directly within ShopKeep and easily integrates over into Big Commerce.

Cons

Not sure theres anything I dont like at the moment. If asked this question when we first started using the product, it wouldve been that you needed a separate button for each size of a product. This has since been updated and fixed.

Darwin from VFW Post 7702

Great Software

Know when to order, the charts, and Back Office is great.

Pros

Inventory and ease of use. The software and back office has many options such as time clock / staff.

Cons

Nothing really had no problems setting up and the record keeping is the best we had in years.

Carin from Three Dog Bakery HTX

Mixed Reviews

Pros

User-friendly interface. Integration with Quickbooks. Intuitive inventory management.

Cons

Stability of the software and customer service. We've had numerous blips in our service that interrupt transactions and create a disconnect between Clover and Shopkeep. We've also had our ShopKeep App completely freeze up, which results in us having to uninstall and reinstall/reactivate the app in the middle of our business day. We pay for premium support, but we have been on hold for in excess of 80 minutes at a time. We separately tried the call-back feature and it took more than an hour to receive a call during weekday business hours. There is no way to download daily net sales. The data exists in chart form, but we cannot download the data. There is no way to sort transactions by discount type. The label printing feature is really slow.

Reasons for Choosing ShopKeep

We are a franchise and our franchisor uses ShopKeep, so it was recommended we also use ShopKeep so they could assist us with data analysis.

Darin from Chef Darin's Kitchen Table

Choose Shopkeep for Concern, Response and Continued Improvement!

Overall I have been very happy with Shopkeep. After using it a year I migrated to Square for Retail thinking it would give me everything I needed (in-store and mobile option) in one system. It was a horrible experience for me (unable to print labels from within the app, had to create my own sku system, inventory didn't provide detail I needed) and I RAN AS FAST AS I COULD back to Shopkeep!

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive, flexible, the product has continued to improve and evolve in the 4.5 years I've been using it. 24 hr. assistance

Cons

I wish there was a way to download Inventory by supplier or category. The ability to download and print or at least just print more reports would be helpful. Becoming increasingly difficult to get assistance in a timely manner without carrying the premium pay level of service. I occasionally do off-site events such as as festivals, and have group events where I need to ring up wine purchases. Unfortunately these don't occur frequently enough to justify paying a monthly fee for a second register so for those types of things we have to use the Square App and then manually adjust inventory.

Lonnie from Barrier Island Pet Supply

Great software for a reasonable price

I cant say enough good things about this quality built, easy to use and amazingly dependable system. I havent had not one minute of downtime and pairing that with an expert technical support team you can focus your needs on the growth of the business rather than the operations. I will continue to use Shopkeep as long as they will let me.

Pros

Ease of implementation along with ongoing technical support that doesnt just blow you off when you need them. Its a very robust system that includes all the features I need most in an easy to use format.

Cons

My only negative comment would be toward the purchase order system that is a bit lacking in functionality and tends to be a bit glitchy.

Carrie from Stanton Daily Grind

ShopKeep for Your Little Shop

Our experience over the last year and a half has been positive. We are satisfied with everything that we are able to do with ShopKeep and look forward to adding features as our business grows. I would recommend this system to other businesses.

Pros

When I was originally shopping for a POS system, I was a new buyer. I have new how to use different system but was never the decision maker. I researched for price, ease of use, payroll capabilities and tech support. ShopKeep ticked all the boxes. It is easy to update when we add new products or change pricing. It is easy to check the time clock and adjust for missed punches. We have had a few occasions to use the customers service and each time were met with excellent service and immediate action to resolve our issues.

Cons

The upgrades are pricey for a small business but I dont think it is much different than other systems that are available. We are a new, small business and value the bottom line more than the bells and whistles. As our business grows it is nice to know that the capabilities are there to grow with us.

Maria from The CookieJar NYC

Awesome User Friendly POS system

I have recommended Shopkeep to everyone I see. I am not sure if it turned int new users but Im sure my good vibes have trickled down in the community for Shopkeep. My staff also tells customers the POS system that we use and highly recommend it from a users perspective. I started in. September 6 years I believe and no one in Staten Island had a Shopkeep account so I would be interested to see how many accounts there are now and can guarantee some of those are due to the good reviews I give to fellow business owners and customers.

Pros

I Love that I could set up the list of products myself with very little direction or training in the back office. I love that I can see sales remotely using the App on my smart phone. I love the ease of accessing holidays sales from the previous years so that I can better prepare for this years holiday. I love that the staff can learn this after 5 minutes and conduct a sale all by themselves with their first customer.

Cons

I wish that the software was able to be used in my new cafe whereby people sit down in my dining area and have waitress service. I wish they had a table layout program to facilitate this need I have in my newest business.

Kelly from Peaceful Warrior Apothecary

Overall FANTASTIC!!

I absolutely love the system! The customer service is above anything I could ask for! EVERY time I call, each representative knows exactly what I am talking about, and has an answer for me! Quality!!

Pros

I handle many herbs that are weighed by the ounce. SK lets me set a price by the ounce, that it calculates when I right up the sale. I love this! I love the connection to QuickBooks and Mailchimp. I do not have a website yet, but will love when I do, that it can be linked as well!

Cons

A few things I would LOVE to see implemented are: 1. A linked-in mobile device (not the $300 one you currently offer that doesn't connect to SK). One that is actually linked into the inventory, and can be used when I have booth events outside of my hard location, during it's business hours. 2. In the items with variations, PLEASE let me move around the variations! I add new variations frequently (as I get new things in), and it would make it so simple if I could alphabetize them as I go. They are all just as I've added them now (out of order!). Also with the tabs, can I please be able to edit the names of the variations as well? Once you've entered the name of the variation, you can't edit the it at all right now.

Jody from Livingston HealthCare

Best out there

We do have an IT department that manages most aspects of shopkeep, including maintaining products, iPad layouts, hardware, networking and reports, so we're fortunate in that respect, but in the few instances that we've contacted ShopKeep for help, they have been very responsive and proactive in getting us up-and-running quickly.

Pros

Shopkeep is really easy to use and set up - there is optional customizability and granularity that allows a company to operate as complex a retail or food service business as any small or medium business would want, yet it is scalable to a small business with less complexity too. We are a small, rural hospital with an outstanding Cafe (some people come to the hospital just for the food, and it is considered one of the best places to eat in our community). We use Shopkeep to run the Cafe for employees (who can swipe their ID badge to do a payroll-deduct for their meals), and visitors. In addition, we have a mobile register (iPad) that our dietary staff uses to visit patients on our inpatient wing at meal times to take patient food orders as well. Our patients LOVE this!

Cons

We have been very pleased with the product, and have been using it for over 5 years. The issues we've had are related to the hardware (iPads) and the payment terminal hardware. Even so, these issues have been exceedingly infrequent.

Alaina from Twin Sisters Trading Company

I have loved this system since I got it at the beginning of 2019. The customer service is AWESOME. The credit card rates are great. Great reporting tools and the app is so handy.

Pros

The price and features were exactly what I was looking for. The credit card rates are unbeatable.

Cons

There are a few things in the inventory management area that I would change to take less steps to accomplish certain tasks but all in all it has all of the features I need to manage my inventory.

Jessica from Rileys of lake placid Pine & Seek

Very positive experience

I have been very pleased with shopkeep, the initial price was high considering I was upgrading from a traditional register and needed to add an up to date I pad, bar code reader and other features to optimize and get the most out of the software. I have recommended shopkeep to many people and had received a referral bonus, score! Customer service has always been very knowledgable and down to earth and I have felt with past interactions that I am speaking with someone who takes my concerns seriously and is not just going through the motions. The back office has more features than I need for my small business but I am glad they are available. Retrieving data about past purchases, inventory or customers is simple if needed. Because of shopkeep I was able to begin selling products online to grow my business.

Pros

Platform that looks simple and is approachable when teaching new employees how to use the register. Favorite part is how clear and organized the shopkeep register app looks.

Cons

I sometimes experience connectivity issues, and wish there was a way to print bar code stickers without having to log into my back office allowing customers the ability to print and modify item codes.

James from Lava Mountain Lodge

Ease of Use Front End and Back End

Over all I am very happy with Shopkeep. We have 3 registers in a diverse small resort business with a Restaurant, Gas Station, C Store, Bar, Package Liquor, Lodge, Campground etc... We are able to adapt the system to work in all areas by setting up different pages for different areas of the business or used in combination as the transaction categories are available on all 3 registers whether being used at the bar, in the restaurant or at the lodge & c store. Customer Service has been great. Set up was done by myself which says just about anyone can do it.

Pros

Easy Set Up and functionality. Training employees on system is relatively simple and repetition is all it takes after the initial introduction. Changes to item/ menu in the back office are drag & drop which makes an easy quick process to adapting to changing environments. The equipment integration is great. I can do work and/or monitor the system from remote locations in the back office if I happen to be away from the property. Credit card processing/ tracking and reports are easy to work with. Report resources are almost endless and you can pretty much find what you need in the reports availabe.

Cons

I do not like the Discarded Item feature. It opens up to theft of items or cash payment of items set at zero default price with price on modifiers and does not track the Items themselves. There is no manager permission option for discarded items or at the very least an explanation/ reason code option. I would rather have it set up like the Void Option or not exist. Tracking the Item and the item price and/or modifier price with reason codes and manager permission options would be great for the discarded item feature. It would be nice to have a few more payment options such as ATM (currently use Pay Out and note ATM then ring the transaction with the cash) The ability to over tender a check for tipping would be a great feature. We still have a few patrons who write checks.

Christopher from Le Panier

Rescued us from a POS of perpetual problems

When we first transitioned from a legacy POS to an iPad-based POS, we'd gone with another product that seemed perfect. Unfortunately, that product was like buying a house and discovering a day in and day out that it was full of mold, had cracks in the foundation and other structural problems, and the repair people tasked with helping you seemed trained to make things worse. It required constant attention in order to ensure very basic functionality, crashed constantly, caused massive headaches with credit card processing, and everyone from our account rep to her bosses to "tech support" was so clueless, one could write a sitcom with the stories. We shopped around for our replacement, making sure to ask all the questions and investigate to the best of our abilities so as not to end up in the same place. We found ShopKeep and could not be more pleased with the results. I cannot overstate how completely opposite every interaction with ShopKeep has been compared with the competitor we replaced. Every question has been answered satisfactorily, every issue dealt with (and not forgotten by an overwhelmed support crew), and every guarantee upheld. Even better, the application itself functions as advertised, so we are not spending actual hours of our time making something work; it just works. We don't experience crashing, lost data, unsolvable credit card processing nightmares, and the rare calls to tech support are quick and painless. There may not be as many back-end bells and whistles in terms of reporting and inventory, but these are always in development, and I feel comfortable saying that when these new elements are introduced they will function as described. The app is clean, intuitive to learn, easy to use, and the resources made available, detailed online instructions, videos, etc. combined with helpful, engaged, communicative staff at all levels have made ShopKeep a hero to us. If I ever notice ShopKeep being used at another business, I always make a point to ask about it and find the same enthusiastic appreciation I'm trying to convey here. (Whereas I do the same with the competitor we ditched, and always see their eyes glaze over.) I highly recommend ShopKeep and know that users will be as satisfied as we are to have found them.

Pros

Clean design, easy & intuitive to learn, very stable i.e. does not crash, connectivity has never been an issue, back-office works well in its current format. Tech support always available, helpful, and willing to go the extra step to help when they do not immediately have the answer. Simplicity, meaning one is not overwhelmed with more features than one could use (and which could be rendered pointless if overall stability is a challenge). Fairly flexible layout for the iPad menus. Very straightforward to set-up, and the online resources are comprehensive. I taught myself everything in an afternoon, and staff all took to it quite easily. I have not had to spend hours and hours trying to establish functionality with a line of customers staring at me.

Cons

BackOffice reporting could be a little more comprehensive and with more user control in terms of personalization. Bulk editing and management of inventory/stock items is nice, but individual item edits can be time-consuming if one is only working on 5 items (vs. 50).

Dan from Avitas

Fantastic Retail Point of Sale System

Shopkeep has been an incredible system for us. We've been using it for just over two years now and are extremely satisfied. For the price, you will not find a better system anywhere, and trust me, I've done the research. The cashier end of the system is very intuitive and easy to learn. Teaching my new staff how to use it is a breeze. Customizing the screens makes it easy to sort products by page and button color. The back end of the system is just as easy to use. The built-in analytics can quickly bring up a great overview of how your business is doing. Inventory management is fantastic and very easy to manage. Importing and exporting inventory, customers, sales, etc... is all effortless and great for analyzing data outside of Shopkeep. The App and web-based back office are constantly being updated and improved. Support staff are very friendly and knowledgeable and have always been great at providing us solutions. For anyone who is looking for a great system for a small retail business that is cost efficient, has great customer support, and is easy to use, look no further... This is the system for you. The only cons to this system is that you can't manage or transfer inventory between stores in the same back office. You will have to switch between stores and manually add/subtract inventory for each store. Another great feature missing is a separation of stock between the storefront and a storage area. These are features probably better suited to a larger retailer who would need a more capable system but features Shopkeep should consider in their development. Overall we are very pleased with the system. You can't go wrong!

Pros

Ease of Use. This is some of the most intuitive software I've ever used. It literally took me a couple of hours to learn the system inside and out and my staff is able to count on me for answers any time and I have no problem providing them quick solutions.

Cons

I would really like to see a way that we could consolidate store management into a single back office so that we could transfer stock quickly and easily between stores. Also, if there was a way to have a back stock/storefront separation for inventory, it would save us an insane amount of time with our inventory management control.

Ric from Hula Girl

Shopkeep helped my entire biz

Getting rid of the old big register was a plus. Being able to research sales and transactions. The entire OPOS system is great. I track sales on my phone and home computer. Sometimes it's glitchy and crashes. especially after updates but the customer service team is pretty amazing! High Marks for customer service.

Pros

It's our first POS system so it's basically changed the way we do everything for the better. Sorry I can't compare to other systems. But we love being able to check sales and transactions and other info from our phones, etc. Other plus is time clock & payroll hours. All kinds of greatness in this app.

Cons

I wish there was an easy way to see how many of an item I've sold over a selected period of time. Wish there was a way to sync up with my online store sales and share inventory and track inventory/delete inventory when an online sale takes place. Right now it only deletes inventory when a sale in the actual shop takes place.

Ariel from Everything Colorado

Shopkeep

Pros

Ease of use. Easy to print UPCs straight from the software. Easy to read the data. I like that Shopkeep processes their own credit cards because then you only have one customer service agent to call when there is an issue.

Cons

Bulk Management is not easy to use because there are many nuances that bring up a lot of issues/errors. It doesn't let you activate inventory counts once they are turned false.

Michael from JustJaks Pet Market

Shopkeep for Small Business

Pros

The ShopKeep program is easy to use on an iPad. It is useful in a retail store but with small inventory.

Cons

The interface to set up inventory is time consuming if individual items are not added via a file upload. Even when set up, multiple screens are required to set up brands, sizes, and flavors. Need to use a scanner for easy, fast, and effective pos checkouts.

Julie from Greetings from the Farm

Shopkeep continues to Impress...

Shopkeep is my overall solution for register transactions and my merchant account. I have been extremely satisfied with the overall look, performance, easy of maintaining inventory, reporting and the very competitive merchant services I am receiving. Updates to the system functionality are continually being delivered and provided in the What's New tab... I'm finding treasures there for things I didn't realize I would need, but have made my life so much easier. Check quantity of inventory at the register, bar code scanning for returns was a big one, and I really like the ability to print bar code labels for the quantity needed right from the back office. Overall, I feel I have partnered with the right provider who is progressive in continually developing and delivering the best software solution to their customers, which is the same model I have adapted to continually provide fresh new products for my customers. Thanks, Shopkeep, keep up the great work!

Pros

I am a retail store and was looking for a register solution which was affordable, scalable, and flexible for my type of business. The overall aspect of this software solution by Shopkeep which I am really impressed; they continue to improve and update the features and functionality. I have really enjoyed the new returns option to tender back to a gift card and the flexibility to add items and variants in the back office quickly and send to the register.

Cons

The only challenged experienced when I started the service was around the delivery of my equipment. The order got a bit stuck in the system and some of the equipment did not arrive on time. Customer Service was extremely helpful, and continued to follow-up with me until resolved. Making a difficult situation easier to get through.

Zach from Souzza LLC

3 years into my account and here's what I noticed

Overall, our experience with ShopKeep has helped us grow to almost 3 times the size. I appreciate all the customer service and issue reporting help we've gotten throughout the years. I also like that I have a monthly fee and no extra charges or increases in subscription. This allows me to easily budget and continue to grow my business. Employees have told me the system is very easy to learn (over top corporations systems) and are pleased with the ease of use.

Pros

I enjoy the additional features and updates frequently. I also enjoy the level of experienced programers you have, especially when I'm able to get text message updates. Thumbs up! Also, the inventory system is becoming more and more detailed... which is something we need as a growing company. I enjoy controlling what is on screen directly from our back end.

Cons

My biggest let down is the chip reading hardware. I purchased one that remains unusable for us. Integrations for programs such as appcard should be interlinked within shopkeep software. Also, I like that you're working on the employee side of things, such as hourly tracking etc. It would be helpful to also add a payments system for paychecks. Using another software for this has added an extra hurdle for us. It would be nice to have an all inclusive software/hardware partner for our growing business. Thanks for reviewing!

Jason from Pollen Floral Works

i'm into it

it's been great. purchasing and installing it was easy and hassle free. so.....

Pros

shopkeep works very very well for us we are a full service floral/design and retail store. We had switched after the first year of using another pos system that was absolutely horrible so shopkeep is a breathe of fresh air. It's easy. It's easy to use. to change things in the back office. easy to get help from customer service if i need it. It's easy for my accounting dept to integrate and access all the info and reports that they need on the daily. I really don't have any complaints. I've talked to some bigger companies within the same industry so I know that shopkeep will be able to grow with us for sure.

Cons

don't really have any. it does everything that we need it to do.

Matt from Schneider Feed, Lawn & Supply

Industry: Farming

Best Decision We Made

It has been a great experience. From startup, how easy it is to use and train new employees on to tech support

Pros

Everything. The ease of use and how it never lets us down. If we do have issues, Shopkeep is very quick and responsive to getting us back up and running

Cons

Could use a few more options on the back office

ralph from Stookeys Famous Bar-B-Que

Overall good tool

Useful data collection used to control and improve many aspects of the business.

Pros

The back office interface and functionality.

Cons

Initial problems with cash drawer interface.

Pam from Genevieve's

Huge Time Saver

As stated above, it saves me a lot of time and manual entry. It has given me a better picture of my business analytically. It tracks inventory, which I had always done a physical inventory with an excel spreadsheet. I love that I know immediately what my inventory amount is.

Pros

It automated the majority of my processes. I currently have 25+ local artists. Before ShopKeep, I manually calculated their total sales by peeling off and saving their tags. I love being able to see at any moment where I'm at with our consignment. I also love that I can see a snapshot of my business at any point. I like seeing average sales, top selling items, total sales tax due. Saves me so much time and paper!

Cons

Our clover is not the most reliable. Whenever I've had a problem, it's been related to the all-in-one Clover. I usually have to unplug it and plug it back in and let it reboot - not the most beneficial while a line of customers are waiting to check out. When it works - I love it! When it doesn't, it's very frustrating!

Genia from Simply Creative

Great program

As our first leap into an Ipad based point of sale, I have been pleased. There are always learning curves and we seem to get them solved every time.

Pros

I like how user friendly the software is as well as affordable it is to set up! The technical support is so easy to use and is always quick to respond!

Cons

We honestly have had some connectivity issues and Shopkeep has always been there trying to help. There are some features I would like to see like bigger print on the tags and the option to do a partial return. I would also like to be able to send an email receipt after the sale has been completed. A current running inventory by department or supplier would be helpful as well.

Shane from The Red Shed

Easy, fast and user friendly

Pros

Its been everything for our business. Easy to use. We create new food products often. Its so easy to add, nice adjust in just a few clicks. Streamlined and easy for our staff to use. It looks great.

Cons

Probably the inventory is our least favourite. We still like it but the spread sheets and reports havent been the most user friendly. I still play around with it. Also not being able to track the modifiers. We would like to correct payment type without having to refund then entering again. Sometime we are so busy, we accidentally hit other when its cash and viseversa. It would be nice to just correct.

Anthony from Haze vapor lounge

Industry: Tobacco

A great product for business

Overall, we enjoy using Shopkeep

Pros

The ease of using the software. Very simple to train on and very self explanatory

Cons

Glitches of logging the user out randomly

Reasons for Choosing ShopKeep

Better pricing and product reviews

Shawn Marie from msmariesboutique DBA Lillians of anoka

Shopkeep review

We like the 24 hour help desk and online chat.

Pros

We like the easy set up and operation for new employees coming in.

Cons

We have not found anything about this software.

Melissa from The Loblolly Boutique

ShopKeep Review

Everything is good except no reaponse on programming concerns like inventory.

Pros

Ease of use , cost friendliness, integration with my payment processor

Cons

INVENTORY!!!! It should not be as compli Ted as it is to receive product also no way to perform inventory.

Eugene from Gallery Caf

Credit card readers

Need better credit card processing. Like square

Pros

Its fairly easy to use and update on the back end. Keeping track of sales and the the pocket app is a useful feature

Cons

The credit card processors have costed us a substantial amount of business. From customers walking out to getting looks for having to type in every bit of credit card detail just to buy a cup of coffee. We wanted to be able to take Apple Pay, but we didnt know the credit card processors comparable with Shopkeep would cut out as frequently as they do.

Judith from Needle Down Fabrics

Industry: Textiles

Shopkeep Review

Huge time savings for me regarding tracking inventory. Plus my data is much more accurate.

Pros

Love- Inventory tracking system Ease of using the POS Ease of obtaining reports

Cons

The system relies to heavily on making bulk changes using spread sheets. While this is great when loading bulk items, it is great when you just need to change counts that only effect 20 items out of 2000. Also, my business involves fractions of a whole unit being sold and I often have to go into item to obtain the cost of the good and then go into adjust to change the amount on hand if I'm only reducing by a fraction

jonathan from Grappa Fine Wines

New Multi station User Issues

I'm 50/50 - so far I really want to like the software for ease of use and online inventory but customer service and not being able to use all features advertised has been VERY frustrating.

Pros

Ease of use, ease of implementation, live online inventory, customer loyalty program. It seems like it should be an all in one solution.

Cons

I seem to be missing half the features. For instance - I've asked to set up customer loyalty. I received the email. Filled it out. Now supposedly it's active but there's nothing in the back office to manage it. In addition, I asked why I didn't have the ability to invoice customers and was told I'd need to go to the beta version. I applied to get the beta version and that hasn't been set up either. THE AMOUNT OF TIME IT TAKES TO GET TO ANYONE WHO CAN ASSIST WITH THIS IS RIDICULOUS. Yesterday I called and was told my the machine it would be a 20 minute wait. This morning, it's a 10 minute wait. I tried the online support and that was a 15 minute wait and then I got cut off.

Reasons for Choosing ShopKeep

My neighbor has it and is very happy with its stability, ease of use and functionality

Jenna from Lust AndLore Tattoo Co.

Excellent Customer Service

I love that anytime I have questions or there are issues customer service is ALWAYS available and EXTREMELY helpful. Shopkeep has streamlined my book keeping over the years and saved me innumerable hours of work. It's also been incredibly easy to train people on the iPad.

Pros

I love the ease of training new people on this software. I also love the customer service.

Cons

There are a few areas in back of house I would change. For example when I print weekly reports for each tattoo artist there is no way to get the item as well as the tip for each individual artist on one report. I also would love it if you could look up an item in back of house and see the dates on which it sold. For example if I sell a ring, I have to manually look for the sale date of that ring by typing in the item name and a specific time frame. It would also be great if you didn't have to use third party software to integrate with QuickBooks online. It's just an additional hassel and expense.

Brian from Salmon River Wine & Spirits

Industry: Wine and Spirits

Great system for most any business..

Very easy to set up and seamless system support is key. The integrated Merchant services is also a plus..One stop support..no more finger pointing!

Pros

The ability to manage inventory, the sales and item level reporting, the management reports, and the ability to track my business through a phone app off premise.

Cons

Not mush to dislike..I would like to tweak a couple of reports and inventory and cycle count adjustment tracking (sorting) but all in all very happy with the system overall.

August 2016

Bobbie from Ginger's Garden Cafe

August 2016

On it's way

Pros

When Shopkeep is running and everything is syncing it's wonderful. Easy to use, easy to train staff to use, the credit card signing page has increased tipping by 30%, reporting is fun to see without extra data entry.

Cons

When Shopkeep isn't running and syncing time moves so slowly. Resetting the credit card machine over and over during a busy time is awful. Resetting the ticket printers then updating the ipads when we are busy is miserable. Having them just not re set and paying more to manually enter credit card numbers sucks. Having the printers just not reset and having to go back to hand writing and running tickets to the kitchen is the worst. When the ipads don't sync so we can't pull checks at the register for customers who didn't order at the register and well that really sucks. A lot. Troubleshooting with customer service on this last issue was pretty bad. They would go back to the beginning and tell me to restart the ipads as if I wouldn't have tried that considering we experience them not syncing at least every other day. I have had to get a new router and faster internet to try and solve it. We still experience the ipads not syncing at least every other day even with the expensive upgrades. And lastly reading the summary report to understand what amount of cash you are intended to deposit daily is very confusing. I was told different things by different reps and this led to a daily error we had to go back and fix weeks after we discovered it. Is cash total with your initial drawer amount or not and why doesn't it automatically subtract cash Pay Outs or does it in fact do that? Well we figured it out finally it does not include your starting cash but does include not exclude your Pay Outs. Seems dumb for such a smart system. But worse seems dumb customer service gave different information on different days.

Walter from Howlers Bar and Grill

Pulled me out the darkness

If I am in retail sales I will use Shopkeep. It just works good. Did I say great customer service, that's a really big thing for me. Don't need it often, but when you do you do. I look at my competitors and pity them with their cumbersome systems.

Pros

It was fast and easy to set up. The reports are great. The customer service is great.The Quickbooks interface works very good, and the occasional glitch has been very easy to fix. Inventory works good. Overall I am really happy. Before this I was operating in the dark, with the huge job of entering register data into Quickbooks. Now its just a matter of printing the reports. The graphs work good too.

Cons

My biggest problem, account mapping for the items I sell. It's complicated and I can't quite get it figured out. Shopkeep set it originally, and probably I should have been more involved. I have a simple menu, and probably 6-8 drink options and would love to see more separation, sales numbers for the different categories, as opposed to dumping it all into sales. But that just a setup issue, as you get started just pay close attention.

Ragan from Ragan's Boutique

Shopkeep Feedback

The canned reports are pretty useful

Pros

I like how easy Shopkeep is to use aaaaa

Cons

1) It does not sync COGs with Quickbooks Online 2) I pay extra for expedited customer service when I call in for help. Over the past several months the wait times are in excess of 30 minutes which does not seem like I'm getting anything for paying the extra money

Reasons for Choosing ShopKeep

I made my decision based on long term needs and I consider Shopkeep to be a pretty robust system so it can grow with me as my business grows and I will not (hopefully) have to switch to a different POS system.

Jacqua from Sublime Hippie Shop & Coffee Bar

Great Customer Experience

I needed an automated POS and inventory management system. ShopKeep has fully solved this gap.

Pros

The integration between back office and the register is seamless. We are beta testing the Android register and have found it to be very user friendly. The reporting features it lacked were quickly added to the next release, which I was very happy to see. Customer service is so friendly, knowledgable and quick to engage. I am very pleased with the software and service overall.

Cons

Its integration to the preferred web host Big Commerce is sub optimal. Quantity counts are not reliable. It is also difficult to accurately import the products from ShopKeep back office .

Reasons for Choosing ShopKeep

Scalability. And more dynamic product offering.

Michael from Urban Xchange

Shopkeep pretty good

Overall it's been pretty good, minus the sync issue with your software and the Clover issue that you were not very helpful with.

Pros

I like the ease of use. Everything is stored on the cloud, and I have access to all my data on any computer and even my phone app.

Cons

It takes over 20 minutes for the register to open every morning when we open. Also, if you try to sync, it is the same thing. 20 minutes or more to sync it to the cloud. Horrible. Also, our Clover is flaking out, and Shopkeep was not helpful in resolving this issue, did not offer any solutions, and just made me buy a new one AT FULL PRICE. Not a very good experience, and I feel that they didn't care about me as a customer.

Michelle from My Sister's Closet Bethlehem

Goes above and Beyond

Overall, shopkeep is better than I ever expected.

Pros

Shopkeep has been easy to use from day 1. The reporting part of it is one of my favorite parts because they make it so user-friendly and they're always looking to the customers on ways to improve. In addition, their customer service is great. They really go above and beyond until your problem is resolved.

Cons

I wish it came with an actual book manual I could download hand out to the employees during their orientation.

Sierra from Cranberry's Grocery & Eatery

ShopKeep Review

Overall it is a great product and we're happy to have it!

Pros

Cons

I had reached out a few times concerning the Receive Inventory section and was told it would be corrected with the new update. There have been countless updates and the issue is still there (it's probably been at least a year since the last time I reached out). You should be able to hit enter once you type in the product and the cursor should drop down to quantity so the only keys you need to hit are enter, tab and the numbers. It does drop down for the first entry but not the second. It drops down for the 3rd and 4th but not the 5th and after that it only drops down for every other entry. It has made entering a large invoice with 50 different items a little difficult. It was much easier in the beginning. My hands didn't leave the keyboard but now, because the cursor doesn't always drop down to quantity, I'm having to manually move the cursor and it definitely takes more time that way.

Michael from Puffs LLC

Streamlined as can be...

Minimal. Shopkeep works so well that we never have a need for the service department. To be honest.... I'm actually not sure if Shopkeep even has a service department! lol.

Pros

Simple to use. Intuitive. Low learning curve.

Cons

It seems like there are a LOT of updates, and in this world of mobile-phone-update-nightmares.... it worries me that any one of these updates could be shaky in any way? I'm sure Shopkeep is 110% on top of what is best for their software, but then again...... so were the engineers that sent out the last update that crashed my phone.

Sabrina from Maude Vintage Clothing & Costumes LLC

Shopkeep is a tool that every shop owner needs! It's seamless and well rounded features are A+++

I have recommended this software many times, and I believe two of those recommendations have elected to use Shopkeep. My personal benefits are ease of training new staff to use it, time savings on back office reports, and the edge it gives my business to utilize the data gathered from the use of this POS.

Pros

I love the back office abilities to crunch your numbers allowing me to make better business decisions. I have saved a lot of time with this POS and it's seamless back office in regards to gathering pertinent information like monthly sales tax, employee hours and return customer activities.

Cons

There are still functions about Shopkeep that as a buy sell trade business I have to do work arounds in order to make it work for my business model. For instance, % based cost 'when' a consignment item sells. I also would like to rename the tender buttons as it is used for my business. For instance, we use the Other tender when a customer utilizes the Trade in my store. Though these are negatives I am also confident it is possible shopkeep will consider updating this function. That's what I love about Shopkeep. It is not a static, once you buy it that's what you have, POS. It's an ever evolving software that will keep you up to date.

Patty from Wishful Thinking

One major drawback

Great! Just sorry I can't find a solution for the unsearchable field.

Pros

Back Office is great, POS is fast, Support is good, labels peel easily.

Cons

I have been asking since my first day to make the Supplier's ID # Field, SEARCHABLE! the way it is, I have to remember off the top of my head, exactly what I named each of over 5000 items in my inventory. Should I miss putting a price label on one, when I try to reprint it, if I can't remember the exact wording, let alone spacing & lettering it's impossible to find it in my system. I can't use my vendor's bar codes because 50 % of my inventory doesn't have manufacturer's bar coding. To save time, I enter it under misc, thus double entering it into my system's inventory. Then I have to remember to go back & subtract it when I finally have the time to search for the actual item again. I can't recommend it to others in my world because it's such a huge factor for me.