• Pros

• "Very efficient and never let's us down! Easy to use. "

• "Ease of use, customization, and back end reporting are amazing. Far more business analytics than most people will ever use. Customer support is incredible!! "

• "Configurability and reporting features, we can track just about every aspect of our business now."

• Cons

• "There’s not really anything we don’t like. It’s easy to use and the support team keeps us going when we need to change or update something. "

• "The only thing we really didn’t like about the software is the ability to use digital gift cards on the online ordering but we have we have been made aware that this is on its way in development."

• "The least liked about the software is the pricing, need to less expensive."

Browse SpotOn Restaurant Reviews

Rick from The Freedom Group

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

A True Game Changer

Restaurant owners share many of the same struggles in managing and growing their businesses. Issues such as real-time enterprise level reporting, back office updates immediately available on all stations, including their online ordering site, controlling labor cost, and payroll reporting. Additionally with the integration with third party delivery services, the cost savings by eliminating user error is proving to be a huge factor. SpotOn Restaurant provides the tools and resources that are necessary for independents as well as multi-chain national brands.

Pros

The Freedom Group is a proud dealer of SpotOn Restaurant. We are a company that is passionate about serving our clients with great technology coupled with phenomenal service. SpotOn Restaurant allows us to bring real value to our clients on the technology front, while enabling us to offer a high level of support due to the cloud infrastructure.

Cons

As we have thoroughly enjoyed working with the entire SpotOn team, I do not have any cons to report.

Andrew from FloBama Music Hall

Game Changer

Spoton has been great from the start from the sales reps presentation to the feedback to the help and just the restaurant industry in general. Our rep had experience in restaurants so he showed us some tricks and shortcuts in creating our menu that was a huge plus for us. He also was very knowledgeable in marketing so he offered his guidance for free which helped us grow our business with online ordering.

Pros

The features I love best about SPOTON restaurant is the support and the ease-of-use. Sales reps was very knowledgeable and supportive. He trained 30 employees on site and was available instantly when we had questions. He was there the whole week when we started the product conversion and actually did some free advertising for us to show his support. He made us a believer in SPOTON and that showed us that SPOTON really does partner with their merchants with transparency low rates great reporting and all in all best restaurant point-of-sale on the market we have seen we are a spoton customers for life thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for introducing us to SpotOn Restaurant and all of its capabilities.

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn Restaurant

There was really no comparison in the features they offered for 40 to 50% lower with continued free support and updates cloud-based with free mobile back up plus all the marketing you get with the SpotOn platform was a huge deciding factor for us plus our rep was honest about each one of our choices he didn’t downgrade any other company just told us the difference between the competitors. We checked his data and he was 100% honest.

Ben from Thunder Bay River Restaurant

Thunder Bay River Restaurant

It's very easy to see our gross sales each day as well as our labor costs.

Pros

It's very easy to use on a daily basis. And the 24/7 customer support has been quite helpful

Cons

System needs to rebooted every now and again

Julia from Asheville POS

The best POS system I've ever used

The software is great, but the best part is the customer support! Real people that care about your business built your menu for you, do extensive menu reviews until it's 99% perfect, and then come install it and stay with you the whole first day! When you need manager or back-of-house training, they will dedicate hours to you to make sure you understand everything you need to know. And there's all kinds of cool bonuses, like the reporting app, manager app, and even social media review management!

Pros

I love that SpotOn is so intuitive and easy to use. The extensive reports are extremely helpful to gain valuable insight into your business, it comes with online ordering built-in (so you don't have to pay a 3rd party) and you can run multiple restaurants from one back office. Cloud-based means you can do all paperwork from anywhere, and the back office is extremely easy to navigate.

Cons

That more restaurants don't use it! It's annoying when I'm eating at a restaurant and it takes my waiter so long to put in orders, print checks, etc. I see them struggling and I want to go install SpotOn myself right then!

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn Restaurant

None of these other systems have anywhere close to the level of support as SpotOn. I used to have nightmares about calling support for Aloha, Clover, etc, but now I actually enjoy calling support! A human at their call center in Detroit picks up immediately! Plus, you can tell that SpotOn was built exclusively for restaurants, unlike many others that are credit card companies first.

Rachael from THE BRIXTON

Progressive POS

In the 6 months of using Spot On I have been more than pleased with the advancement of technology for this POS system. Coming from the older time of Aloha and Micros I have never used a POS that has created such ease for daily reporting, managing sales and labor, daily employee maintenance, menu maintenance, employee on-boarding, daily projections, and future forecasting . The real time feature that allows you to instantly make changes to any platform of the system allows for no lost time which is crucial in a high volume restaurant. The support team has been excellent with a level of personal attention that has always fallen through the cracks with other POS systems.

Pros

Progressive, accurate, and efficient point of sale technology.

Cons

The fact that I can do anything remotely LOL! Only a con that if I have personal time away from the restaurant they know I can access all systems and make any daily changes or admin that needs to be done but at the same time being able to sit on a beach and to do payroll isn't so bad :)

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn Restaurant

Personal relationship was the first thing that attracted me to Spot On, the whole integration sales team and their personal investment in the restaurant and my satisfaction was remarkable. After using the system it was a no brainer that Spot On was the POS for my restaurant.

Steuart from Antonio’s Pizza and Pasta

Antonio’s for SpotOn

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn Restaurant

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] made the difference for us! She’s a great rep.

Nick from TooRaLoo

Best system ever!

I've had no difficulty reaching a service tech 90% of the time. I also appreciate the way more serious problems are immediately escalated to a supervisor who has ALWAYS solved my problem.

Pros

Most of all, it is the simplest system I've ever had for teaching new servers. Secondly, the ability to make adjustments from any computer remote or on-site is fantastic!

Cons

Like any computer, there are occasional glitches. The key is not to panic, and refresh system first before any troubleshooting

Bart from FloBama

Great Experience and Awesome Support

The support is award winning in my opinion. Quick responses to early on questions and transparent pricing. Value added 3rd party add one.

Pros

Cloud based with reporting on the cloud. The fact that I can be off premise and have live data and managers app was huge. No contract was impressive and let me know they are with us through good and bad with option to walk away.

Cons

Wish inventory management was more robust or offered within. Not huge issue.

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn Restaurant

We couldn’t justify the price of others for same features we got with SpotOn.

JEROME from THEBUNGALOW

Finally the ultimate POS system !

It's been a delight so far. Their technicians are very competent and responsive. Setting up the system was a breeze and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] our sales rep was available at all times for support.

Pros

Everything. It is very easy to use, it has all the functionality a savy operator is looking for. Their customer service is unmatched.

Cons

Honestly, it is far superior from any system I have used before. We have not encountered any flaws yet.

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn Restaurant

SpotOn ended up being a far superior option in evert category,

Ray from Tahoe Restaurant Group

Industry: Restaurants

Best Nex Gen POS on the market!

It is so refreshing to implement changes and upgrades that take minutes instead of days. We are no longer limited to being physically at the restaurant in order to access reports and data.

Pros

Finally, after 30 years in the restaurant industry, we have a POS system that has taken our operations to the next level. Our initial install (which took one day), was seamless and by far the easiest that we have ever experienced. At the top of our list of why we are true believers in SpotOn, is their amazing support and team. The SpotOn system is easy to use, intuitive for team members, and provides all the critical reporting capabilities. The value proposition of SpotOn Restaurant cannot be beat, and we highly recommend making the switch.

Cons

All of our initial concerns and "needs" were resolved very quickly. My team was so excited about "customizing" our new POS system that we had to push them out of the office and back on to the dining room floor.

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn Restaurant

Outstanding customer support and Ease of Use. Seamless integration and intuitive software.

Sean from Chicken Shack

Really Good POS software

Using SpotOn we have become more efficient as a business, reducing waste, tracking profits and trends as well as identifying areas of loss

Pros

Cons

Phone app sometimes logs out, and I wish they had more integrations

Price

Brent from The Bungalow

Amazing

My bar managers, my servers and my managers and raved about it. We are a very Busy place sometimes doing 2500 checks in one afternoon and we never had a problem.

Pros

Working with there administrative team to integrate into our CRM was simple. They works to find Solutions we never heard the word NO.

Cons

That we didn’t start to work with Spot on sooner

Kristen from Benny Pennello's

Great Platform & Customer Service

We have really enjoyed being with SpotOn. The biggest reason we enjoy it is because of the great customer service from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. He is very responsive and quick to fix any issues we may be experiencing which is crucial when you have a restaurant full of customers. It's also a user friendly system for my employees.

Pros

My favorite feature of the software is the online reporting and tools to view and analyze orders.

Cons

The only difficult thing with the way our restaurant is set up is entering tips. We are unable to enter tips while the order is open and being used. Instead we have to navigate to our order list and enter after the transaction has disappeared which is more time consuming and harder to manager when you have a line of customers.

Reasons for Choosing SpotOn Restaurant

We cared greatly about user friendliness and customer support which is what drove us to switch away from Micros.

Brittany from The Skyroom at Red Wing Golf Course

Spot - On Rocks!

I love it, I think it works great for us and I LOVE the customer support and also our sales Rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!

Pros

I love how easy it is to customize things. I think working with the Spot On team has been very easy and they are very helpful. When we have been in need of assistance they have been there for us within minutes, and that has been really helpful. I think its important that you can customize it. Every business is different - It is not a classic point of sale system I think it goes beyond that.

Cons

I would say the thing I like least about it would be nothing.

Brandon from The Brixton

Industry: Restaurants

SpotOn is just that, spot on!

They've saved us thousands of dollars over the years. Can't recommend them enough!

Pros

Very efficient and never let's us down! Easy to use.

Cons

Can't say we have found anything to put as a con for SpotOn.

Anastasia from Capitol Coney

Capitol Coney and Spot on

My overall experience would be with the installation of the new EMV for the credit card chips which went very smooth, the customer support was there to assist in the install plus afterwards. Easy no problems.

Pros

Most liked about the software is the easy transformation to the customer, no problems, very easy to use it tells you what to do, easy to training the employees, excellent customer service 24/7 which we need since we are a diner open 24/7, to implement changes from the back of the house are very easy, do my weekly payroll with ease. Next would be online ordering, great job keep it up.

Cons

The least liked about the software is the pricing, need to less expensive.

Bob from IBS Midwest

POS at it's best!

Pros

SpotOn Restaurant is truly a great software and is full of features that I have never had access to before with other systems. With SpotOn, not only are you getting great software, but you are getting a great team. SpotOn is "all in" for their customer and offers so much more than just POS. Their entire suite of products include web design & hosting, online ordering, gift card, loyalty as well as 24/7 help desk. SpotOn has proven to be committed to both their dealers and customers. You can't go wrong with a great software backed by a great team to help you succeed.

Cons

No Cons so far. The software is extremely robust and stable.

Heather from 16th Empire

Industry: Restaurants

Pros

We really enjoy all the options available with this Point of Sale.

Cons

Still looking for a negative. I guess it could be free.

Fred from Thunder Bay River Bar and Grill

Spot on Pos

Pros

Very easy to use and change things when needed.

Cons

Can’t think of any. Bernadette is awesome and very helpful.

Robert from Just 1 More Bar and Grill

My experience

"After working with a different pos for 7 plus years, the transition to SpotOn was smooth and effortless. Could not be happier we switched. The customer support matches the system. One could say it is SpotOn."

Pros

Easy implementation, excellent customer service and support

Cons

So far have had no issues at all. Minor changes that needed to be made were handled by the support team quickly with no interruptions in my business.

Eric from 909 Merchant Processing, Inc.

Great Software & System - user-friendly and easy to setup

Pros

Cloud based software - very use to use and setup

Cons

cloud based is both a positive and a negative for some