• Pros

• "This system is easy to use. Training was very helpful."

• "Great customer service! If I need anything, the crew is amazing!! Easy to learn and use. Reports are good. "

• "Easy to use, and their staff is friendly and always available to help."

• Cons

• "It seems like it could be simpler. Seems to be hard to pickup for a new employee, but its getting better. "

• "I like the software, there is nothing I do not like."

• "There are no cons to this software, if I had to pick something I would say there are so many things you can do that I don't have enough time to explore all the possibilities. "

Browse Diversified Billing Reviews

Susan from NSSJMA

Industry: Environmental Services

Takes efficiency to a whole new level.

I'm highly satisfied with the software. The customer service is quick, friendly and knowledgeable. They have the background to know what I want and how to execute it. They really have made things go smoother for our office and I owe them a ton of gratitude.

Pros

The barcode printed on each bill makes the task of posting payments very quick. What use to take me 4 hours for a large deposit now only takes 45 minutes.

Cons

Like most other software's, there's lack of options for collections efforts.

Reasons for Choosing Diversified Billing

Diversified was simplified and easy to understand. The customer service won us over.

Response from Diversified Billing

Replied July 2020

Hi Suusan, thanks so much for taking the time to submit a review. We have several tools to help with collections efforts. I asked one of the support staff to give you a call to be sure you were aware of everything available.

Heather from City of Taneytown

Visual Utility Billing review

Minimal problems have occurred with this software and if they did occur they were resolved within a day or two.

Pros

I love how with each process you need to do, the software basically walks you through each step.

Cons

The confusion on owner tenant when you want to just send an email verses mailing a hard copy also or not at all.

Response from Diversified Billing

Replied July 2020

Hello Heather. Many thanks for taking the time to submit a review. I sure hope BOMB diggity is a good thing! I will ask one of the support team to reach out and work with you on streamlining owner-tenant communications.

Sherry from Hughesville Water Authority

Water Utility

My coworker, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], has been trying for a few months to get a customized price from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. No one else can provide it. I spoke with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] several weeks ago about trying their new software (complete rewrite). She downloaded the info, and again [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was to get in touch with me. Still waiting.

Pros

I like the handheld 'beeper' which I've used for years. All data has posted properly and quickly.

Cons

We have gotten error messages a few times a week. I hit ignore, and it usually proceeds. Some changes that Diversified made are not global; only available in some screens and the old way for others. There is a misspelled word that irritates me every time I see it. They cannot change it.

Response from Diversified Billing

Replied July 2020

Hello Sherry. We appreciate you taking the time to review Diversified Technology Software. We obviously dropped the ball in following up on your request to upgrade your software. My apologies. One of our team has reached out to you to rectify the situation.

Kelly from Portage Area Sewer Authority

PASA Diversified Billing Review

Overall, the software has worked very well for us. There are additional features that would be nice to have but we are very satisfied.

Pros

the software billing is very user friendly. The staff is very helpful when contacted for issues or problems that come up.

Cons

Although the reports are very good it would be nice to be able to customize reports some of the reports to print specific information we need.

Response from Diversified Billing

Replied July 2020

Hello Kelly. Thanks very much for submitting your review. I will ask one of the support team to give you a call and try to customize a report to get you exactly the information you need.

Cheryl from Blossburg Borough

The system has been super easy. I love the ability to email bills, receive online payments and upload meter readings instead of having to manually enter all of that date.

Pros

The ease of processing bills and receipts was very easy to grasp. The customer inquiry is very easy to use. We converted our old billing system to Diversified and it was almost seamless.

Cons

I would like the ability to view consolidated bills for landlords. I would also like to see some of the reports tweaked or have the ability for the customer to tweak a report based on specific information you need. Our customers would also like the ability to pay by echeck, instead of credit/debit card.

It was a Board decision.

Response from Diversified Billing

Replied July 2020

Hello Cheryl. Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. I will ask one of our support staff to reach out to you to discuss the issues you raised and see if we can't figure out a way to address them.

Bernice from Town of Winnsboro

Diversified Billing Experience

My overall experience with the software is wonderful. The customer support I received was A+. Spending hours and hours on the phone and the step by step instructions as well as their patience really helped me to learn this software and help my staff.

Pros

Diversified software is extremely easy to use. The method of accepting payments is a plus and helps eliminate many errors by being able to check your figures before posting. Billing is the feature I like most. It is so simple.

Cons

What I like least about it is the final billing for our customers who transfer. It generates a final bill but doesn't allow a way to just transfer the account without doing an adjustment to the new account

Response from Diversified Billing

Replied July 2020

Hi Bernice, thanks so much for writing a review. I'll discuss your thoughts about handling final billings with our support and development teams to see if there is a way we can streamline the process.

Jeanette from Lykens Borough

Lykens Borough

No issues.

Pros

The software is extremely user friendly and reliable. Customer service is awesome, very friendly and knowledgeable about the software.

Cons

I use the software at more than one business. The only feature at this time that I would like to see updated would be the ability to reprint an annual coupon book under a new name when a property is sold in the middle of a year.

Response from Diversified Billing

Replied July 2020

Hello Jeanette. Thanks very much for taking the time to review and for your kinds words.

Mary from Derry Township Municipal Authority

Diversified Billing Review

In both of the jobs that I have worked with Diversified Billing, I have had a great overall experience. I like the ease of using the program, and all the information about our customers that it contains; this is very helpful in my job. The staff at the billing dept. are very friendly and always ready to help assist with any issues that arise.

Pros

I have only been in my current job for a year, but I also used Diversified Billing in a previous job, and I find that it is an easy program to learn and use. I like that I have three different ways that I can search for an account depending on what info I am provided. I also like that there is a comment area on each account that I can record changes that I make, and also see what was done by other users.

Cons

The one feature I don't like is that when I run the report for Final Customers with a Balance that it groups all customers together (i.e. accounts due a credit with accounts that have a balance due). I would like these to be separated, and I have talked with the staff at Diversified Billing and they are looking into trying to separate the two accounts.

Response from Diversified Billing

Replied July 2020

Hi Mary. Thanks so much for taking the time to submit a review of Diversified Billing. You have a unique perspective, having used it in two different position.

Jamie from Kiski Valley Water Pollution Control Auth.

Diversified Billing Review

A few years back we switched from another billing software to Diversified and it has been a very good change. Processed do not take as long. The old software was much more complicated. I am thankful that I never had to train anyone else on how to use it. Customers seem to understand their bills much better and if there is an issue we can usually get help very quickly. All in all I am very happy with Diversified.

Pros

I find Diversified billing software easy to use and easy to teach new employees to use. Most processes are quick and easy to use unlike previous billing software that I have used.

Cons

The only real issue that I have is that we can only have 1 person do a process such as billing or notices at a time. So if 1 person is working on a large billing, which may take a while, I am not able to do adjustments or notices until they are completely updated.

Response from Diversified Billing

Replied July 2020

Hello, Jamie. Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate it.

Jennifer from Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Utilities

Industry: Utilities

This program gets the job done.

The diversified software is fairly easy to use, if not totally intuitive. And I've always gotten quick help when I've called in for assistance.

Pros

With this program you are able to track history for years. That includes usage history, payment history, and billing. The customer information is generally easy to find.

Cons

The difficulty with the product is when you need to reprint a bill, that is when I have problems. You have to go to the individual customer account. Find the billing you need to reprint, then while there is an option in the screen to print, the function does not work, so you have to go to a separate A/R area and find the batch of bills and reprint by account number. And when it reprints, there is random text entered at the bottom of the bill.

Response from Diversified Billing

Replied August 2020

Hello Jennifer. Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. Sorry you are having difficulty reprinting a bill. I've taken the liberty of asking one of our support folks to reach out to you to troubleshoot the problem.

Laura from Hampton Shaler Water Authority

Industry: Utilities

The perfect billing system for our organization!

Our organization deals with many contractors but Diversified is the lifeblood of our revenue. Any time support is needed, someone is always at the end of the phone to discuss. After 21 years of use, we still have no regrets.

Pros

We started using Diversified Billing in 1999 and have never looked back nor regretted our choice. Everything is point and click and the staff at Diversified is constantly thinking of new ways to improve their product so it never stagnates. In regards to the staff and support, if I was able to give 100 stars instead of just 5 I would have. Any issue we may have had, the staff was immediately involved to assist.

Cons

My least favorite was the conversion but only because our former programmer was not in any way prepared for what needed to take place. Fortunately, the Diversified staff knew exactly what needed to be done and how so we were able to succeed with our endeavor.

Reasons for Choosing Diversified Billing

Diversified had so many different features with apparent ease of use. Our organization was much smaller then and fit our needs perfectly. Since that time, as we have grown, considerably, Diversified has made the growth simple without any customization to the program.

Response from Diversified Billing

Replied July 2020

Hello Laura, thanks so much for being a long-time client. We appreciate you!

Contessa from Kelly Township Municipal Authority

Easy to Learn

I can not say enough good about Diversified Billing! It has made applying customer payments a quick and easy process, and it is perfect for billing our 2,000 customers. Customer support is outstanding! They are just a phone call away to help with any questions or concerns. Diversified Billing makes you feel like you are working together, not alone. I would recommend it to EVERYONE looking for billing software or updating their billing software.

Pros

Diversified Billing is so easy to use! The layout of the screen is easy to follow and read which makes learning how to use the system pretty simple. The step by step feature is a great help if you get pulled away or interrupted from your task. Easy to use...easy to learn!

Cons

I can honestly say that I can not think of one Con about Diversified Billing.

Reasons for Choosing Diversified Billing

The software speaks for itself! We were sold after meeting with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!

Response from Diversified Billing

Replied July 2020

Thank you so much for the kind words, Contessa. We appreciate you.

Elizabeth from Weaverland Valley Authority

Diversified Review

This program has really helped me as a beginner with the easy to follow instructions. I find it very straightforward to do the quarterly billing, adjustments, finals, etc. I plan to continue using and gaining even more knowledge with this billing program.

Pros

I really appreciate how easy it is to talk to the workers on the help line. They are always so respectful and accommodating to my requests. And they never keep me waiting!

Cons

Sometimes in a rush it can be difficult to look up a name or address in the search. In some situations i wish i could search people by first name not last name. And in order to look at a street you must type in a house number first.

Response from Diversified Billing

Replied July 2020

Thanks very much for the kind words, Elizabeth. Our new interface includes a much more flexible search feature that allows you to find the account you need more quickly. I will ask one of our folks to reach out to you and show you how it works..

Mary from Municipal authority of Allegheny Township

Municipal Auhtority of Allegheny Township

I would say my overall experience with Diversified billing is positive and I'm glad we use it.

Pros

Since we bar coded our invoices, receipting could not be easier. Which really is our main purpose and the primary use of the product. Customer service has always been of the highest standard. I have never been disappointed with the help I get when I need it.

Cons

I don't care for the fact that the history screen in Inquiry doesn't give you a total number. It's hard to explain to a customer on the phone why they owe a certain amount when you have to add it on the fly. I think there are reports I could run and use that I don't know about. A manual would help.

Response from Diversified Billing

Replied July 2020

Hi Mary, many thanks for taking the time to write a review. I will have one of out support folks give you a call to show you how to quickly find the total amount due.

Karalee from City of Battle Lake

Very easy to use for day to day operations

It is a huge time saver over our previous software.

Pros

Payment posting is easy. The processes are laid out clearly.

Cons

Some of the reports could contain more information.

Response from Diversified Billing

Replied July 2020

Hello Karalee. Many thanks for taking the time to post a review. I will ask one of our support team to give you a call to see if we can configure a report to get you exactly the info you need.

Polly from City of Calico Rock

Diversified

I

Pros

There is very little if anything that I don't like about this software. I was new to utility billing when the City of Calico Rock approved a change to our software. The differences in the software I was trained on and Diversified are decades apart. It has cut the time it took me to get bills printed by 50%, that is time i can use elsewhere easily.

Cons

I do wish there was a help section for me to simply look up and read rather than having to contact someone. Many times i just need to refresh my memory.

Response from Diversified Billing

Replied July 2020

Hello Polly, thanks so much for submitting your review. If you click on Help in the menu bar at the top of the screen and then click on Online Help, you should find very thorough instructions for operating every function in the system. The help system is organized in exactly the same way as menu structure. So just look for the menu item on which you need a refresher.

Barbara from Womelsdorf-Robesonia Joint Authority

Top Quality Billing Company

Diversified Billing is wonderful! They are quick to answer questions and respond to emails. They always confirm receiving emails and include documentation when necessary. They are helpful when we have issues to be resolved.

Pros

The ability to compile and share reports is extremely useful. The updated sign in procedure is easy but very secure. Adding information to our billing statements is an added plus since mandates are changes rapidly and we are able to share this information as well as community information with our clients.

Cons

I would appreciate more training to understand the software a little better and it's capabilities. Are there video tutorials available? If so, I don't recall being informed about them.

Response from Diversified Billing

Replied July 2020

Thanks very much for taking a moment to share your thoughts, Barbara. One of the support staff will be in touch to direct you to our online tutorials and answer any specific questions you might have.

Donna from Town of New Windsor

User since 2008

We are a small municipality with approximately 560 accounts. The program has been great to use and would recommend it to future customers.

Pros

The program is user friendly. I have actually been contacted by some other municipalities looking for a new software billing program and have told them how the program is simple to use.

Cons

The number one challenge is the number of times throughout the day the the program locks up and has to be exited and restarted.

Response from Diversified Billing

Replied July 2020

Hello Donna. Thanks very much for your review. Sorry you are having lock-up issues. I have asked our support team to reach out to you to work on getting the issues resolved.

Marissa from Bald Eagle Township Authority

Industry: Utilities

Very pleased with this product

This has made my work duties in utility billing so much easier. It is very accurate and shoes very clear records and provides excellent reports.

Pros

I love the abilities to customize date for each individual customer. Being able to make special notations for each customer is very important to us.

Cons

If you enter something the system doesn't like, it tends to just crash. I understand there is constant updated to the program(which makes it so great), but this can really become bothersome if you are in the middle of something.

Response from Diversified Billing

Replied July 2020

Hello Marissa. Thanks very much for taking the time to submit a review. We appreciate it.

BARBARA from Bellefonte Borough

Proud User

I have loved working with the Diversified Crew! They are all pretty amazing! I do feel like it is a "family oriented" group. They have always been good to me and I respect that so much!

Pros

Cons

The only negative input I have on this system is getting the error messages and shutting down on me. However; with that said, my system now is due for an upgrade. Everything has been put on hold due to the Coronavirus.

Response from Diversified Billing

Replied August 2020

Hello Barbara. Just wanted to say thanks for the kind words. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review.

Lori from Bern Township Muni. Authority

Visual Utility Billing Program

the Municipal Authority recently added ACH billing for its customers, it has made making payments for customers easy and importing all these payments at one time has been a time saver.

Pros

VUB is easy to use, there are many features to help with DEP reports and Board reports. Customer Service is outstanding, the people at Diversified Technology are always helpful and very knowledgeable.

Chris from Blakely Borough

Good software

Works well and does what we need it to do. Waiting to speak to the company about the online portal for payment to see how the pricing structure has changed.

Pros

Good software that once learned is relatively easy to navigate.

Cons

Has some odd bugs that my administrator does find to be annoying at times. Also, the online portal for payments seems a little pricey.

Response from Diversified Billing

Replied July 2020

Hello Chris, thanks so much for writing a review. The customer payment and information portal is now offered to clients without charge. I will have one of our folks reach out to you to discuss implementation.

Linda from White Haven Borough

Industry: Government Relations

Good solid product

No problems. Staff of very friendly and helpful

Pros

Ease of use and that it could be customized to our needs

Cons

Follow up from company on yearly updates is a bit slow and I have to call and check to be sure updates are current

Reasons for Choosing Diversified Billing

Local company, friendly staff, it’s a good solid product that fits our needs

Response from Diversified Billing

Replied July 2020

Hello, Linda. Thanks very much for your review of Diversified Billing. We appreciate it.

Todd from Lewisburg Area Joint Sewer Authority

Waste Water billing system

Very good. Always answers the phone or calls back real quick.

Pros

Versatility of the system and the customer service. They always have been really good with adapting to our needs.

Cons

Response from Diversified Billing

Replied July 2020

Hello Todd. We appreciate you taking time to review Diversified Technology software.

Denise from General Municipal Authority HL

Excellent Product

Pros

I liked that it is customized to our needs.

Cons

At first when I had to write off $ amounts, I had to go in line per line, but now there is a "write off" button.

Reasons for Choosing Diversified Billing

User friendly and customized to our needs

Response from Diversified Billing

Replied July 2020

Thank you, Denise. We appreciate you taking the time to post a review.

Tanya from Peters Creek Sanitary Authority

Tanya - VUB Billing

Our overall experience has always been pleasant .

Pros

I like that the system is easy to learn and use

Cons

Getting 10-Day Notices and Posting Notices would be better if they could be changed more easily.

Response from Diversified Billing

Replied July 2020

Hello Tanya. Thanks very much for your review. I will ask one of the support staff to give you a call and see if we can streamline the process of changing your notices.

Deborah from Riverside Borough

Support and Service Count

When I have had an issue - they are right there to walk me through or fix it. We have not had many reasons to contact support and when I did they were so helpful.

Pros

Software is easy to navigate and reports are easy to generate

Cons

I really have no complaints of this software program

Reasons for Choosing Diversified Billing

Program meets our needs and user friendly

Response from Diversified Billing

Replied July 2020

Hi Deborah, thanks so much for the kind works. We appreciate you!

Sandra from Borough of Cambridge Springs

Excellent Software

Overall experience was great. Every question we had or problem we found was taken care of very quickly. Their service is outstanding!

Pros

Very easy to use and the customer service is outstanding!

Cons

Not much, just learning the new software

Response from Diversified Billing

Replied July 2020

Hello Sandra. We appreciate you taking the time to review Diversified Technology software. And we appreciate the kind words.

Sonya from Gilpin Township Municipal Authority

Excellent software

No problems since we started with them over 5 years ago.

Pros

Easy to use, and their staff is friendly and always available to help.

Cons

I like the software, there is nothing I do not like.

Response from Diversified Billing

Replied July 2020

Hello, Sonya. Thanks very much for taking the time to submit a review. We appreciate you.

CAROL from Shickshinny Sanitary Sewer Authority

SHICKSHINNY SEWER AUTH

EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE WITH THEM. I USED THIS COMPANY WHILE WORKING WITH THREE DIFFERENT MUNICIPAL AUTHORITIES.

Pros

ABILITY OF DIVERSIFIED TO PROVIDE SOFTWARE CHANGES BASED ON INDIVIDUAL NEEDS.

Cons

NOTHING. THIS SOFTWARE MEETS OUR NEEDS.

Response from Diversified Billing

Replied July 2020

Hello Carol, Thank you for taking the time to review Diversified Technology software. We appreciate it.

Carolyn from Port Matilda Borough

Industry: Government Relations

the software is very is to use, and understand.

Pros

what I appreciate most about the software is there is always someone available if i have any questions about anything.

Cons

What I don't like is I have to be careful with downloading anything for it might mess up the billing

Response from Diversified Billing

Replied July 2020

Hello Carolyn. Thank you for taking the time to review Diversified Billing software.

Sharon from Forest City Borough

Local Government billing

Quick response and solution.

Pros

Scannable invoice stubs for receipts, search features, and invoice format.

Cons

Need improvement with the report writing features.

Reasons for Choosing Diversified Billing

The demonstration of the product and the price

Response from Diversified Billing

Replied July 2020

Hello Sharon. We appreciate you taking the time to review Diversified Technology software.

Kalena from Town of New Windsor

Town of New Windsor

After using it for 5 years it's been great. Tech help is amazing, everyone is wonderful to talk to.

Pros

It's very user friendly. Easy to navaigate.

Cons

It tends to lock up a lot. I am not sure if that is on our end or not.

Response from Diversified Billing

Replied July 2020

Hello Kalena. Thank you for reviewing Diversified Technology software. We appreciate it.

Kelly from South Connellsville Borough

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Customer Billing System

When the customer has a question about their bill, it is very easy to locate their information.

Pros

This system is easy to use. Training was very helpful.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints about the system.

I didn't

Response from Diversified Billing

Replied July 2020

Hello, Kelly. Thanks very much for submitting your review. We appreciate it.

Andrew from West Hanover Township Sewer Auth

Industry: Environmental Services

Performance Review

Pros

Multiple options to search for accounts and the quick glance note.

Cons

The limit of how many computers can have the software. Also how often it disconnects from the server.

Response from Diversified Billing

Replied July 2020

Hello Andrew. Thanks very much for your review of Diversified Technology software.

Jerrica from Duncansville Borough

Industry: Utilities

Overall a good software option

This software seems to have the basics needed for billing and the option to add more if you would like.

Pros

The customer service when having an issue is the best. I couldn't ask for more pleasant people to help me with issues.

Cons

It is hard to self-learn things. Making things a little more self explanatory may be helpful.

Response from Diversified Billing

Replied July 2020

Hello, Jerrica. Thanks so much for taking the time to submit a review. We appreciate you.

Coralee from Conoy Township

Conoy Township Review

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use and straightforward.

Cons

The biggest downfall with this software, in my opinion, that there are a lot of errors or bugs in the system. However, the staff at Diversified Technology is very easy to communicate with and helps to fix any issues that we have right away.

Response from Diversified Billing

Replied July 2020

Hello, Coralee. We appreciate your review. Thanks so much for taking the time.

Deborah from Derry Township Municipal Authority

Use for payment processing

Pros

Payment processing is easier with the additional check processing ability

Cons

I only use it for payment processing so I don't have a good overall opinion of all the features

Response from Diversified Billing

Replied July 2020

Hi Deborah. Thanks very much for submitting a billing system review. We appreciate it.

Nita from Roulette Township

Township

Pros

It was not expensive and it allowed us to print the billing instead of coupon books.

Cons

Pulling specific reports can be hassle can be difficult.

Response from Diversified Billing

Replied July 2020

Hello Nita. Thanks very much for taking the time to review Diversified Billing Software.