• Pros

• "Fairly simple to use. Support was available and responsive. Love being able to sell specific seats."

• "It integrates nicely with credit card payments and was easy to set up on that front. It was VERY easy to scan tickets with the app as well."

• "We really like that is is user friendly for the customer, our reps and our users. The support is beyond excellent anytime a question or concern pops up. We get prompt and helpful answers. "

• Cons

• "Mobile app is the only con, but can be fixed with a few things. It won't allow you to make edits to events nor see guest lists. With these two fixes it could be perfect. "

• "I would prefer that all reports be available in PDF and excel format. While excel format was great, it was hard to look at on my smart phone."

• "I have No Cons as it pertains to this software. Everything has worked in my favor for a first time user!"

Browse ThunderTix Reviews

February 2016

Sergio

February 2016

Easy Interface. Easy to Setup. Reliable & A+ Professional Customer Service.

I enjoyed the overall experience. What was great about ThunderTix was a combination of two things, dependability and customer service. Whenever I had a question they answered it either by phone or email in a timely manner. They were also very thorough as to what you cannot and could do. With much creativity and flexibility there isn't really much you cannot do with their ticketing system.

Pros

It's affordable with its different ticketing plans, and you are not stuck paying an outrageous percentage of your sales. *Customer Service *Dependable *Automated Pre-sale system *Automated Post-sale system *Works on smartphones and tablets with easy. *Promotional tools. *Easy simple buttoning system even low tech Church volunteers of an elderly age were able to operate. *SSL Encryption on their end. *Works with multiple merchant portals

Cons

I am not really sure. They seem to even be concerned about quickly changing their system to benefit you from their open customer support page. You can see what the customers complained about, and even how they solved it. It was freaking incredibly risky, but also awesome to see how they fixed it. So if there are issues which I did not experience, they probably won't last too long.

Lauren from North Texas Performing Arts

Customer Service A+

We have been using Thundertix for nearly three years, and have been big fans of the software from the beginning, but their response to changing needs during the COVID-19 crisis have made us ThunderTix fans for life. The Thundertix team has quickly and efficiently continued to add new features that are critical during this time. The newly added options to bulk refund tickets to gift certificates and add automated social distancing seating charts are GAME CHANGERS for our industry right now. They have saved our staff hours of time and energy by implementing easy to use, effective features. Plus, they are in my opinion the absolute best bang for your buck that you can get in a ticketing software. They have lower per ticket rates than most of their competitors with superior service.

Pros

The software is incredibly user friendly. The low per ticket cost was the greatest deciding factor for us, but we have been wowed by their customer service and breadth of features. We are a non-profit theatre company that operates 10 small venues (sub 300 seats). Things we love: assigned seating, easy transfer and refund options, PDF tickets, unlimited user accounts (we have lots of ticketing volunteers), integrated email, offer to round up to nearest $5 for donation, bulk discount code creation, season tickets, pre and post event surveys.

Cons

We would like to see more versatility within season tickets, such as creating season or package tickets across multiple venues. We would like to see additional versatility with coupon codes, such as creating a code that can be used only once per person.

Reasons for Choosing ThunderTix

Price. Thundertix provided the features we needed at a very low cost per ticket.

Fine but not the best option out there

I feel like the biggest benefit is the price and the customization of the software. I would highly recommend spending quality time on the set-up to ensure you're using it to the best of its ability for your organization.

Pros

The customization is really nice -- from show details, customer reminders, and prices. The customer side of things is really clean and well setup.

Cons

The navigation can be non-intuitive, but understandable once you get the lay of the land. The biggest issue we've come across is the inability to delete or archive orders. Our group sales processes including deposits were always in jeopardy of getting really messy on the back end. Even leaving notes about orders that you couldn't later update would get irritating for the small space provided.

Response from Thunder Data Systems

Replied October 2018

Thanks for your great feedback. We spent a bit of time this year trying to improve our interlinking to make it easier than ever, and our efforts will continue. We truly want to be the most efficient, time saving software. If you have specific suggestions, I am all ears. You are welcome to write me directly, or you can create a feature request once you're logged in. I'll look forward to hearing from you!

Melanie from Shakespeare on the Saskatchewan

Thundertix is not just a software program - it is a community.

Overall our experience is excellent. We are very happy with this product!

Pros

We love working with ThunderTix. ThunderTix has an amazing support system in place. It is like having another team member in the office that you can go to and say 'this isn't working for me, can you do something about it?' And they say Yes - And then they do it!! This past Friday I contacted ThunderTix Support with a feature request and they had it sorted out by the time I got back to the office on Monday. Their team truly listens to what their users want. It is as though we are building the software together. You can tell the people behind the program truly care about it and about our business. ThunderTix is not just a software program - it is a community. ThunderTix is constantly adding features (requested and voted on by their users) to give more value to the product. I love opening up the program and learning about the features and tweaks other users want to see and then to watch as ThunderTix takes actions on making those changes and updates. Specific features of the software we like include: selling gift certificates online, integration with our website and with others like mailchimp, donation options on checkout, coupons, and automatic emailing. ThunderTix was very easy to learn and also very easy for me to then train others on. And whenever I get lost I know that their Support will respond to my emails within minutes. Literally minutes. That's what I like best about ThunderTix: knowing that they have my back.

Cons

If I had to pick something - converting my monthly invoices from USD to CAD but really that's not an issue.

Reasons for Choosing ThunderTix

Cost and support were driving factors initially.

Kirsten from Community Performing and Arts Center

For the New Employee

The program, for the money, delivers a fantastic product. It is dependable and most of what we want to do with it is available. Also, it is always improving with regular updates that make it even more robust and user-friendly.

Pros

As a new employee, I appreciated that, since the previous employee had already loaded it with events, I was up and running from day 1. I could navigate to what I needed and I could sell tickets without too much training. I haven't preloaded and posted a whole season of events yet, but I have added additional performances to existing shows and I've added the occasional event. Once you've done it, it is a fairly simple process. Also, in the short amount of time that I have been using Thundertix I have seen multiple updates and improvements made to the software that were either beneficial for me or they were changes that I could see would be helpful to someone in a slightly different business or industry. The software seems to always be improving.

Cons

I don't like the coupon and discount limitations. For example, we can't offer a percent off the entire transaction, without manually discounting the purchase. Also, I am frustrated that I can't just call someone who knows the software well. The FAQ's are extensive, but if you aren't familiar with the vocabulary used within the system, you spend a lot of time trying to figure out what words to use for a successful search.

Reasons for Choosing ThunderTix

I know cost was a big deciding factor. We are a big enough company that selling tickets manually is difficult to keep track of, but we are small enough that we can't spend money on features we won't use. Thundertix would do what we needed for less.

Response from Thunder Data Systems

Replied September 2019

Hi Kirsten! Thanks for your great feedback about how easy it was to get started with ThunderTix! I wanted to let you know that you can absolutely create a coupon to offer a percent off the entire transaction. Next time you create a coupon, look for the option that says, Select the manner in which your customers should use the coupon and choose, "Limit Usage to Once per Order". We also have a Coupons Video Tutorial that you might find helpful here: https://www.thundertix.com/videos/create-event-coupons/ Our support team is incredibly knowledgable with every facet of the platform, so if you ever have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us to save time searching through the public support forum. We also offer an option for phone support as an annual add-on to any service plan, if interested.

Jessica from Utah Archery Association

I Heart ThunderTix

My overall experience has far exceeded my expectations. I have never under any circumstances had the level of attentive and courteous online customer service like I have received from ThunderTix. The customer support has been outstanding and I can't say enough great things about the immediate responses to questions, informative answers, and above all the courteous nature of each and every representative i've worked with thus far. I must add that this outstanding customer service started from the moment I opened a live chat with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and has continued with each and every time I reach out asking for assistance.

Pros

As an organization we needed a platform that would allow our attendees select their ticket price option as well as their seat location at the venue. Before finding ThunderTix, I researched and contacted over half a dozen different platforms that either offered one or the other but not both!!

Cons

Although ThunderTix has provided nearly everything we need, the only con I have is not visually seeing the current seats available from the seating chart. With 70 tables and 700 seats it has been a little difficult for users to determine available seating by being required to hover over each individual table to see how many seats are left. The hover feature is a nice option if registering from the computer. But if registering via mobile device a user must click on each table individually before seeing how many seats are left.

Reasons for Choosing ThunderTix

We needed a platform that would allow our attendees select their ticket price option as well as their seat location at the venue. Before finding ThunderTix, I researched and contacted over half a dozen different platforms that either offered one or the other but not both of these needed features.

Ina from The Friends of AvH

Love working with Thundertix

Thundertix has been great to work with. The software responds to our needs and the ability to customise it to suit our needs and configurations is so helpful.

Pros

The software is really easy to set up and has gotten us to think about our event in other ways to include other features. The customer support is very helpful, timely, patient and friendly.

Cons

Our event isn't a concert, but a dinner dance gala, so the inability to sell tables and get tickets for all the seats sold (i.e. a table of 10 meant that we had to generate 9 extra tickets) was frustrating.

Reasons for Choosing ThunderTix

Ease of use, client review, cost.

Joanna

March 2016

"Over the Top" Wonderful System!

From the very first contact with ThunderTix over the phone, I knew I had found the right ticketing system for our choir. Every question was answered confidently. Details of the system were explained in very understandable laymen terms. Limitations of the ticketing system were offered honestly with explanations of how to overcome them. After deciding on ThunderTix, I was walked through the steps of set-up quickly and easily. The choir's performance ticket system was launched within a few short days! I have not had one issue with any sales to date. I also really appreciate the fact that ThunderTix understands nonprofit organizations and includes an option for donations. Love it!

Pros

Everything! Please see above for specific pros.

Cons

Just a suggestion, but it would be nice to be able to allow a group of attendees to purchase their own seats from a blocked area (sponsors/donors/VIP's). As an administrator, It is a really easy process to unblock and send tickets, but that would be a nice option to have.

Brian

Best in the Business

We have been with ThunderTix for over a decade and we wouldn't think of even considering going anywhere else. From the beginning ThunderTix always gave us the best return on investment. The system is so easy to use from both the managing side as well as from the consumer side. Their customer service is "top notch"! In the unlikely event you encounter issues with the system, they are extremely quick to respond to emails and calls. Our theatre would highly recommend their service to anyone.

Pros

Customer Service. Lost costs. Openly request ideas from their clients to improve the system. Extremely easy to use.

Cons

None at the present time.

Jorge from The Kimberly Hotel

Very easy to use, with most features clearly designed to be quickly understood or even deducted.

Pros

Functionality allows for quick reference of all transactions; the platform never seems to experience any technical difficulties; Support Team actively listens to and quickly implements suggestions for improvement; clients immediately receive their Tickets and Confirmations.

Cons

If anything, the lack of navigation from one feature to another without having to leave one area altogether.

Megan from Rhythms Performing Arts

ThunderTix is fabulous!

ThunderTix is fabulous! It is very easy to use and to put an event together. When we first started, we had a lot of questions figuring it all out, but reaching customer support was super simple. When I contacted I got a response within 24 hours. The customer representative is usually the main person I deal with and she is amazing. She always is super friendly and very knowledgeable about every problem we have. She always knows exactly where to direct me and how to answer it, so I would highly recommend to anyone.

Pros

There are a lot of pros to it. It is very user friendly and easy to understand and put events together. Kinda repeating what I put on the first page: "when we first started, we had a lot of questions figuring it all out, but reaching customer support was super simple. When I contacted I got a response within 24 hours. The customer representative is usually the main person I deal with and she is amazing. She always is super friendly and very knowledgable for every problem we have. She always knows exactly where to direct me and how to answer it, so I would highly recommend to anyone."

Cons

Anything I would suggest would probably be: I wish there was an easier way to do "at the door stuff." I don't think I have researched it enough to know enough about it, but we would love to figure out a better way to run that more. Also: We have had some issues with the "visibility feature." Sometimes if we had the visibility available until midnight one night, we had clients and then tried ourselves and it was already closed at 10pm so I am not sure if it was a time difference issue but there is always a slight glitch with that. Then with the visibility feature. We would put the ticket link with our recital information but the visibility isn't open yet so they would get a blank page that says this is no longer working and then our clients would be confused. I am not sure if it would be possible but it would be nice if there could be a page that said this event isn't open yet or something that is a little more clear to them so they aren't so confused about that.

Todd from Elden Street Players

The Best Online Ticketing Model

When we selected ThunderTix they were the only online ticket service that we could find that did not charge a 'per ticket service fee' to our customers. That model was vital to our selection as we do not believe online ticketing should be cost a premium over walk-ups. We knew that ticket fees never come down at other online ticketing providers, with some now charging over 50% of the ticket face value as an additional fee (ex. $15/ticket + $8.15 service fee). ThunderTix remains an ever-improving system that we continue to believe is the right model for online ticketing. Our patrons want the cost of ticketing to be part of our theatre operation cost. We would love to see the company add CRM and e-mail marketing modules to the back-end to allow management of more than just our ticketing. Patron/donor/volunteer mgmt tools would be a plus for this product in the future to compete with other new CRM/ticketing solutions that are still adopting the per-ticket-service-fee model.

Pros

#1 - No added/rising fees to our patrons! Improving interface Customized Compatible with Authorize.net Reasonable cost PDF Ticketing Easy to train Reliable and Available

Cons

Reporting still being developed/enhanced Better testing and version control has been requested No real-CRM capability for patron management/history Development seems focused on "new" features (i.e. Facebook integration) more than refinement of existing features (i.e. reporting) Error codes are confusing to patrons when transactions are not going through Transaction/Administration speeds varies (system tweaking is needed after most iterations)

Response from Thunder Data Systems

Replied October 2014

A lot has changed since 2011 -- In February 2014, ThunderTix rolled out a full CRM for patron management. It includes complete patron purchase history, donations management, robust filtering to report on multiple levels of customer data. All error messages that a patron might see during the purchase process have been modified, all order data saved on a declined transaction, and all fields with problems highlighted in red to make it very clear to the ticket buyer what needs to be completed and/or corrected. We moved over to the cloud in April of 2012 and since then have more than quadrupled speeds for page load time. ThunderTix is now in the 97th percentile of web-based software applications in terms of speed. This week, ThunderTix is going to be rolling out a direct email marketing tool that connects with MailChimp. Mailing lists are automatically updated with new subscribers direct from ThunderTix and emails to various lists can be directly emailed from within the ThunderTix login.

December 2011

Randolph from Alpha Psi Rodeo

December 2011

ThunderTix Gets It Right The First Time

ThunderTix is the absolutely the best online ticketing system I have found to date. There were a number of companies which pitched their products and we tried a number of them. Ultimately none of the competing products were as simple to use or as well suited to our needs. I can honestly say that ThunderTix made a lifelong client in our organization, due in no small part to the communication skills of both Stacy and Dawn. Did I mention the one time fee for festivals?? If we looked at nothing else, ThunderTix wins our business hands down. If you are considering online ticketing or are looking to switch from another company, I can assure you that you will not be disappointed with ThunderTix!

Pros

To begin with, this was the first time our organization has attempted to sell tickets online. Our experience with ThunderTix was almost exclusively positive. 1) They are exceptionally easy to work with and provide outstanding customer service. I honestly can't say enough about this. Our questions and comments were many times responded to within minutes. Stacy and Dawn are both extraordinary problem solvers and are very pleasant to work with. 2) The system just works. While we had a few minor hiccups (see cons), the ThunderTix staff were able to resolve them very promptly. 3) They are constantly adding new features. Over just the few months (January to April) we worked with them last year, they may have doubled the number of features / options within the system. This indicated to us that they genuinely care about their product and aim to constantly improve it. 4) One time fee. This was crucial for us as any percentage of ticket sales adds up quickly.

Cons

While there isn't much I can say in the way of cons, I will list the one minor annoyance we had (has been resolved though) when using the system. 1) The manor in which ThunderTix integrated with out payment processor (Authorize.net) resulted in an occasional double charge (very rare) and some error messages which were difficult for our customers to interpret. As I mentioned above, I have been told these problems have been corrected. I only list them here in the interest of completeness of this review. We fully intend on using ThunderTix in 2012 and I will update this review if possible.

John from Sightsailing Inc

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Excellent platform for online booking; Top-notch and responsive customer service

We've been using Thundertix since 2011 for my busy sailing tour and charter business. Before we chose Thundertix, we thoroughly evaluated at least five other online reservation/booking software systems and found that Thundertix's combination of features, simple user interface , powerful back end for reports and pricing could not be beat. We are often approached by other competitors and have sometimes looked at other systems to see if we're missing anything and Thundertix combination of features and pricing (no ticket fees) wins hands down every time. The fact that you have total control over any fees (or not) charged to your customers is very appealing. When on occasion, we've had a suggestion for an improvement, we've often seen it implemented. If you have an issue you can get someone to respond quickly. They're all excellent. Thundertix is really top-notch.

Pros

Ease of use. Easy to get new employees trained. Powerful reports for marketing and order tracking. Allows you to put all your inventory online and have just one platform for box office walk-up, phone and online bookings. Seamless. The online question and answer section is excellent.

Cons

Can't really think of anything.

Leona from Tamaqua Community Arts Center

ThundertTix Rocks

Thundertix has boosted our ticket sales for all events. It promotes advance registration and reduces cancellations, changes and refunds. However, having those options available in the system has made it easier for us to maneuver changes when they must be made. Our customer love the ability to do things on line from home, yet have the ability call or stop in & we can make the reservations for them.

Pros

The customer service is superb. We love the ability to have multi level tickets, ticket discounts & the ability to customize tickets in detail. Love the reserving ability for seats and that it is controlled by us and not the public. Appreciate that you allow us to add in cash or check sales to keep track of all sales for an event. It has made our ability to account for an event at the end 100% better.

Cons

The inability to have a store for merchandise separate from adding to a ticket. Refunds & exchanges to multi day events can get very confusing. Most for us in theater as people will purchase tickets & exchange for another show time. The money flow can be confusing when doing the books for close out.

November 2015

Rian from West Coast Rail

November 2015

eTicketing made easy

I have a small business where I have to sell tickets online to reach my out of town customers. And being small, I need every dollar I can get to keep my tours going. I have been using other 3rd party ticketing sites, and I loose a lot of my profit to pay these big sites their 3+ percent fee for every ticket I sell. My tickets sell for $150+, loosing 3-4% of every tickets adds up quick and I got sick of it, searching for alternative. Then I found ThunderTix!! Hands down, ThunderTix beats all of those ticketing sites. I pay a annual flat rate fee, therefor I know exactly what my cost will be for ticketing. And when you break down the ThunderTix cost per ticket, we're talking pocket change per ticket! That means, I'm actually making money off of my tickets again! But wait, there's more! I have full control of my ticketing options. I can upload my own logo design to every event. I can make my own color scheme for my invoices, that ThunderTix automatically sends to customers after a sale. I can add my own graphics on the "Print At Home" tickets that ThunderTix automatically attaches to the invoices. I can manually sell tickets on the phone if a customer calls me. The "I can's" can go on and on, you'll just need to sign up to see what I mean. ThunderTix has a great shopping cart with a built in credit card transaction portal. No more adding ugly PAY HERE buttons on my website, I just enter my credit card company's info into the site and boom, I'm taking cards!! Everything on ThunderTix looks very professional to the consumer and is less hassle than those other sites. And customer service is A+++!! My only con, is the coupon option. I only sell a limited number of tickets, so I am on the Starter Plan and I cannot offer coupon codes. Everyone likes to offer coupons codes to their customers, it would be nice to see the coupon option available for the Starter Plan subscribers as well. Thank you ThunderTix for a great product and service!

Response from Thunder Data Systems

Replied February 2016

Great news Rian! We've now made coupons available to ALL levels -- even the Starter Plan you signed up for. We agreed with you that it should be made available to everyone, so we changed the Plans recently to reflect your request. Click on the Coupons tab in your account today to start taking advantage of all the various discounts and promo codes you can now offer. And, don't forget to peek at the How-To Video Tutorial on creating coupons for guidance.

Gail from Clay Eichler Memorial Fund

Clay Eichler Memorial Fund appreciates Thundertix and Pam!Ei

We started a non profit in 2014. I have volunteered in a lot of areas over my years, but I've never been one of the main people behind starting a non profit much less throwing a concert and golf scramble in the same day. With a lot of amazing help from friends our events were successful. I credit thundertix with the ease of getting information to supporters. This kept our contributors in the know, they knew when to expect their tickets to be emailed. We started solitciting money 6 months before our event. We did not want to mail tickets to them 4 months before they needed them... Please know when I say we had no experience, I mean we had none. Two of my friends who are either present/past treasurers of org. are also my treasurers. They input all the sponsorships, donations, ticket purchases, golf registrations, tshirt sales, etc. into thundertix. We were very hesitant at first, but with multiple calls to Pam initially and very frequently later, we are smooth sailing.She only showed concern and kindness when we called. This is so needed in our world today. I would recommend this to anyone who is selling tickets to an event. The availability to contact your donors is at your fingertips. We decided to email tickets to customers 2 weeks before our event. We send an email right away, to let them know we have received their sponsorship, thank them for it and let them know when to expect their tickets. It makes it so easy for everyone. The supporters and in our case, our volunteers. I spent many hours looking at different options and I know we made the right choice. The customer service from Pam is more than it's weight in gold. I am not kidding, she could help with every issue. This is only our 3rd year to use the software, in this time period, there have been several "upgrades". One other thing that made it really nice for us, especially as beginners, is the compatibility between thundertix and our credit card payment system. They worked it out behind the scenes where any credit card information is not on my website. When a customer hits the sponsorship or donate tab, they are immediately taken to another website where this information is taken on a much more encrypted safe site than mine. In 2 years we have given back $265,000.00 to our community. There has been a lot of information submitted in Thundertix.

Glen from Deep Cove Stage Society

Fee free ticketing system

We selected Thundertix because they did not charge us on the basis of a per ticket fee. Our customers hated paying add on fees, and Thundertix was the only company that we found that did not charge that way. The produce is easy to use, but most importantly enhancements and changes are made based on client suggestions. They have a forum that you can use to make a suggestion, and vote on other suggestions. We have been using it for five years and have been happy with the enhancements that they have developed. Any problems are dealt with very quickly by the support team.

Pros

Has a lot of flexibility for other season ticket passes, private functions, and for displaying ticketing information on our website

Cons

Would like more integration options with Canadian merchant gateways

Response from Thunder Data Systems

Replied August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We wanted to let you know that ThunderTix now supports many different gateway options (and even currencies). At the time of this writing, we have 13 integration options for Canadian gateways, seen here: http://www.thundertix.com/features/sell-tickets-online-internet-merchant-account/ As always, keep sharing your ideas to help us improve!

Nina from North Carolina Stage Company

I really enjoy working with Thundertix. It is a very user-friendly program.

Pros

The ease of use of creating events and how easy it is to apply the program to our website. I also enjoy the incredibly fast response from their customer service. There is also a Request a Feature page and you can ad your request or problem to it and vote for others that have already been submitted. The Thundertix team works on the requests in order of votes or sometimes fixes a glitch right away. The newest feature I got really excited about is the shopping cart, which gives patrons the option to purchase several events in one transaction.

Cons

That I can't get into an attempted order by a customer who made a mistake (in real time). I have to wait until the remaining checkout time has passed instead of being able to cancel the transaction for them and to start over.

Katie from Main Street Crossing

Best Bang for your Buck!

We are able to offer fair ticket mark-up costs to our customers compared to other ticketing platforms which charge way to much for their services.

Pros

We love the price partnered with all the incredible features. Also, Thundertix is ALWAYS working to improve and is ALWAYS adding new and exciting features based on their customers requests. Their customer service is also amazing!

Cons

I wish that there was more of a variety of email softwares that ThunderTix software could automatically import to.

Response from Thunder Data Systems

Replied October 2018

Hello Katie, First, thank you for the great review. I hope we continue to exceed your expectations. We are eager to improve our integrations. Were you aware that you can add your ideas as a feature request? We create many fantastic features as a direct result of those requests, so please take a moment to add your idea and the specific integration you'd like.

Chesley from Abilene Ballet Theatre

Best decision ever!

ThunderTix has been the best decision we could have made! It is all easy to use, and the Support Team is quick to respond and meet your needs. They also are always taking suggestions from their customers about new features to introduce! (They even credit the customer when they do!) And the pricing is perfect for those of us who do not sell tickets year-round. You move to maintenance months/pricing until you are ready to sell again. I have been the sole contact person for our company since day one, and have never had a anything but positive experiences with ThunderTix!

Pros

This program has been easy to use since day one. Now we are beginning year four, and they introduce new features every year! It is easy to set up events and manage the behind the scenes of the software, and even easier to use it to sell tickets on location at our events, and it's the easiest to purchase them as a customer! Its a win for everyone! Reports are easy to run and are complete and customizable as to what information is included on them. And one of my favorite newer features is a daily email with total sales.

Cons

I really like it all! Possibly entering coupon codes had a bit of a learning curve to it, but I have it down now and it works like a charm.

Alecia from Chenango Arts Council

September 2016

ThunderTix continually provides outstanding service!

I was lucky enough to have found ThunderTix when I worked for The Cider Mill Playhouse in Endicott, New York, almost ten years ago. Stacy Chapman helped me learn the system and how to easily customize it for our oddly shaped (half circle thrust) theater. Our older, not-so-computer-savvy customers found it to be extremely user friendly and it really streamlined the box office experience too! Two years ago I became the Marketing Director for the Chenango Arts Council in Norwich, New York, whose ticketing system was really in need of updating. I suggested we look into ThunderTix, recalling the positive experience I had in the past. Stacy Chapman was still with the company and had gotten a well deserved promotion, but she remembered me from the Cider Mill! And I remembered her of course, because she was so helpful and proactive. The ThunderTix system proved to be exactly what we needed. Stacy once again held my hand through the set-up process, even though it wasn't really her job anymore. Pam Mason has also been extremely helpful, and our audience feedback reveals their experience just gets more and more enjoyable. What prompts me to write this is the almost uncanny ability ThunderTix has in predicting what I'm going to need next. The old seat blocking function allowed me to block our season subscribers' favorite seats so we could go online to the general public for ticket sales earlier than usual, which was great! But I faced the laborious old unblocking system which I knew would be time consuming. Lo and behold on September 1st, I can unblock seats with just a click!!! So happy! How did ThunderTix know? Just another example of listening to their clients and being proactively thinking ahead! I will always highly recommend ThunderTix to anyone looking for a straightforward, user-friendly, customer friendly, intuitive ticketing system, and I truly appreciate all the time and effort Stacy, Pam, and all the staff and programmers obviously put into their jobs. Well done, and THANK YOU!

Glynnis D from North Vancouver Community Players

Approachable company that listens to its clients, and has implemented great new features.

Pros

AFFORDABLE!!!!! Easy to implement, easy to train, easy to use, easy to maintain, easy to understand subscription models. Flexible as to gateway providers. We are a small not-for-profit community theatre group, entirely volunteer run. Our margins are very tight. We are grateful for your ticketing software that allows us to spread our reach to the internet. We now often sell out shows BEFORE the open.

Cons

There is often too much info on the FAQ & Community sites. I dont have the time to wade through it all looking for my quick question. Really LOVE your responsive support folks who will take the time to answer my questions, even if the answer is already out there.

Wendy from The Harlem Wizards

Great product for our ticketing needs!

Thundertix has provided us with the tools we need to make purchasing tickets to our events all over the country as user friendly as possible. The added benefits like automated email reminders, product sales, waitlists and email marketing options have all had a positive impact on our customers and our sales.

Pros

Cons

The issue we run into sometimes is when there is an update, there can be an unforeseen effect on other areas of the software that will need a fix.

Craig from BRAVA and Movement for Life

This our 6th year with THUNDERTIX, they have THE best ticketing software service around

It's friendly user interface for both vendor and customer, makes buying tickets easy to administer, even for casual internet users. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Pros

The interface is very customer friendly, is graphical, and easy to set up. Customer Service is quick, personable and very helpful. THUNDERTIX doesn't stand on its laurels, and each year a new addition, refinement, and addition to make our lives easier. As a 501C3 Organization with one event that funds our entire year's budget, we simply cannot have a problem. THUNDERTIX COMES THROUGH FOR US, YEAR AFTER YEAR.

Cons

Initial set up fee to integrate our theater venue into the software was a bit expensive, but amortized over a period of years, it's been a worthwhile investment.

Response from Thunder Data Systems

Replied August 2017

Over the years, we have been able to streamline our processes around account creation. Today, organizations that run general admission events are able to get started with no setup fees! For reserved seating, we have a nominal one-time setup fee just to cover the time it takes to build the venue seating diagram and seats.

Brian from Dayton Theatre Guild

March 2011

Awesome software, exceptional customer service, great price - The complete Package!

I along with the rest of our board would highly recommend Thundertix to any organization looking for a simple, easy to use ticketing site that allows you to take control and save your patrons money and save yourself time. They are always improving their site and introduce new features, many of which come at no addtional cost, for their customers. They are extremely responsive to any questions, concerns or any unlikely problems you might encounter. They really are the best.

Pros

Since joining our organization several years ago, my first priority was to implement an automated ticketing system. I tested several vendors. We wanted to control what our patrons paid (if anything) to purchase tickets. So many vendor's pass on these high costs to the patrons to pay for the service. But Thundertix allows us to set the costs we might choose to pass on to our patrons. Not to mention that the cost of implementation was very reasonable and almost painless. They worked with us to customize and integrate their site to maintain the same look and feel of ours. Most of our patrons have no idea they're even on a third party site when buying tickets. Now they're taking things to the next level and integrating even more tools into their system that people use every day (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, YouTube and MySpace). They're always working to enhance their system. Their response to issues is like lightening. So the thunderbolt logo is very appropriate.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any cons. And that is something you don't hear every day.

Shelby from Southern Arizona Arts & Cultural Alliance

ThunderTix is amazing

Southern Arizona Arts & Cultural Alliance switched to ThunderTix for all ticket sales several years ago and its improved our ability to manage all facets of ticking for our events. As a non-profit, the bottom-line is also always a consideration and we find that ThunderTix is the most affordable ticketing service that gives the most bang-for-your-buck on the market.

Pros

The reporting features are a must have for us, especially for the ticket-holder list the day-of an event. We also utilize the plugins like Constant Contact which helps reduce time spent entering emails of attendees on the back-end before sending out a mass email. The ease of editing an event is also appreciated.

Cons

It takes quite awhile to populate/generate a report when you want to export sometimes.

Kathy from tign

Support is primarily available through email or forums. It's difficult to speak to a person.

I'm not sure that we did. I do know that I'd want to try it again now that we understand it more and see if we can make it fit our needs in other areas. After that, I'll decide if I'd be willing to recommend it.

Pros

Cons

It's not as intuitive. Finding out where to click to sell tickets, to design tickets, how to make them look the way we needed them to look...it actually required note-taking that I could refer to because things weren't in the obvious places to look. But once that was learned, it became easy to make the software do what we needed. I feel like part of it might actually be the web design as opposed to the software...for example, there are two rows of tabs. The top row is supposed to be related to your account, and the second row to your specific event. It doesn't SAY that anywhere, and I think there are exceptions, but we had to figure it out. (Notice that I'm still not sure about that, and I've been the one primarily working on the event.) I feel like someone on the phone would have figured that out right away and told us and saved us a couple of hours of clicking, but finding a phone number is next to impossible. Email is responsive, though, so it's not like they leave you completely in the dark. It's just not convenient.

Jon from The Theater Barn

Small Company with a Great Product

Pros

ThunderTix is a smaller ticketing company with a great product team! Being a smaller company, feature requests for new functionality are honored frequently and quickly. In addition to their standard support features, a Facebook group offers insights and a chance to chat with other users to see how they do things and what is working well in their organizations.

Cons

There isn't anything that comes to mind as a true "Con" to the software. There are some features we don't want our customers using, and we have found it easy to hide those features by using CSS.

Carrie from Patrick S Molak Corp

Thundertix is the way to go when using choosing a ticketing system!

We have been using Thundertix for our ticketing system for years now and I could not be more pleased with their service, prices and willingness to help us in any area that is needed. I work in the Corporate Office in Gruene and we use Thundertix for our ticketing system for Gruene Hall. As you can imagine Thundertix plays a vital role in our day to day tickets sales and we rest assured knowing they are always making sure everything is up and running and that if there is a problem that they are working to fix it as quick as possible. I 100% recommend Thundertix to all businesses in this line of work. You will not be disappointed!

Pros

I like how I can manage our shows so easily. Thundertix is continually adding new features that give us new capabilities in reporting, the way we view our shows and the way we manage our shows as a whole.

Cons

There isn't anything I would change at this point.

Grant from Bean Blossom Blues Fest

Industry: Music

Works Wonderful!! We love using this site for our ticket sales! It is so easy to use and nice layout

Ease of knowing my event is listed and available to everyone and so easy to use by us and our customers!

Pros

The ease of use is amazing. It makes it so anyone can us the site, even if you do not know computers! Seeing ticket sales and recording and keeping track of them is not a hassle with your site!

Cons

The one thing I like least about the software is that it limits search results for sales to 365 days only.

Don from USA Food Safety

Excellent Software for event management

I compared several event management programs and sites. Thundertix is hands down the easiest to use. They give you the most value for your dollar.

Pros

The site is easy to use with great video tutorials. I have called a few times with things I didn't understand. The support I have received has been excellent and I had a resolution immediately. I had events scheduled and ticketing operational within minutes.

Cons

I had a few minor issues with trying to integrate my shopping cart software with the site. I had to call support and they resolved the issue within seconds.

Reasons for Choosing ThunderTix

Best value for the best price

Universal and all-in-one-place

Pros

My girlfriend and I go out frequently as we are located in an urban city and so using ThunderTix makes dealing with the whole ticket-ordeal so much easier than it needs to be. Everything is centrally located making it fast and easy.

Cons

Some of the features are a bit useless (TO US) and so it'd be nice to have a dynamic pricing plan; we don't use the gift card selling feature nor the event/reports feature.

Response from Thunder Data Systems

Replied October 2018

Hi there! As I'm sure you know, our pricing (as low as 29 cents per ticket) is the lowest in the industry -- bar none, but if it isn't delivering the value you'd expected, then I'd love to learn how we can improve. The gift card feature had an extensive amount of engineering around it to make it completely automated. We deliver eGift cards and track balances and redemptions. You can even automatically reward frequent customers with gift cards through our loyalty program. This is a completely optional program carrying a very modest charge of 1.2% of each gift card sold. We feel the revenue generated (25% of gift cards are not redeemed) plus the additional demand can be a factor in higher profits. Feel free to write me personally, and let's discuss ideas.

Jim from Lorri Gill and the Notebenders

Best value around!

Thundertix has been very positive for our venue, our customers love the convenience and ease of use. I recommend them constantly to others in our industry.

Pros

Thundertix is easy to use, with great support only a phone call away if you need it. The software is continually improved based on the needs of clients.

Cons

Nothing to dislike! We have had zero complaints from our customers.

Jeffrey from Tudor House Productions

Industry: Performing Arts

Great experience, very simple interface

Easy to manager dinner theater software!

Pros

Simple to use! Updates are based on user input, and happen frequently. Customer service is personal, and responsive. Cost is great!

Cons

Very little not to like about Thundertix. Years ago there were several limitations, but as of now (April 2018) there is nothing we have on our wish list.

Great product for large and small businesses

Overall I've had a wonderful experience with Thundertix. If I were running my own business this would be the first program I'd have in mind to utilize. The support/service team is excellent and I hope to maintain a good relationship with them.

Pros

Thundertix Is very customizable. My organization uses it for collecting payments for event tickets, intensives/workshops, and classes in our semesters. You can get the breakdown of each event easily and quickly which saves you times and shows you where to continue investing your time and products in. The interface is easy for clients to navigate and simple for staff members to learn how to utilize.

Cons

Functionality wise there are minor bumps in the road, but the support team is great with taking feedback, finding you an immediate solution, and taking your criticism into consideration for future updates.

Leslie from OCS Arts Center

Overall, the ticket purchase process is user-friendly. Setting up an event was easy to figure out.

Our costumers are happy to reserve their own seats.

Pros

What we liked most about the software was to be able to modify some of the features such as the fee, comp codes, reserved seating and block seating. It is easy to set up as event and make corrections. Research features such as Orders, Customers and Guest List in alphabetical order helped a lot when we are selling box office tickets and guests have inquiries about their ticket or modes of payment.

Cons

There are three things that we would suggest: Ticket Sales Exchange - If the customer requests to change tickets to another day, and split the reservation to different sections, we had to do multiple transactions. If the exchange was on 3 sections of the auditorium, we have to work on 3 separate transaction. May be best to process an exchange at one time - click on exchange, choose multiple sections all at one time. Sections - You can only click on one section to view what has been sold. It takes time to check each section, view, then . Being able to view all the sections at one time and see what is available or not makes the purchase more efficient. Sales & Settlement Report - We found it confusing. The "Payment Breakdown" section had some errors. For example, the credit card AMEX shows an amount when AMEX has blocked by our gateway.

Jason from Rover Dramawerks

Industry: Performing Arts

Almost a biased fanboi.... But it's that good.

Ease of use. Budget friendly... and expandable.

Pros

Simple to use. Simple to integrate with. Simple to get support. Simple to get feature requests evaluated and even implemented. We switched from a significantly more expensive platform. The conversion was trivial. We were up and running in days. User interface is orders of magnitude better than other products in the space. Developers are sharp and do clean work. I'm a fan. I speak so enthusiastically about the product, I'd frankly distrust me as a family member or owner. Granted when reps of the company came through town or a wedding , they took mmy wife and I to lunch... so that's full disclosure. They are just that doggone good. You're through shopping. Hit "buy now"

Cons

I'm trying. I need 100 characters here to justify posting it, but the only problems I've had, there were user forum suggestions to manage, or they addressed them and they are fixed, now.

Roslyn from Bontanical Garden of the Ozarks

Industry: Performing Arts

I have been using ThunderTix for event for just under a year.

We use it to sell tickets for all our big major events. It helps us sell tickets and scan people as they arrive when we are expecting 4,000 people!

Pros

The price point is great for the service we receive. I like that there is a flat fee and that it does not charge per ticket like most services because some of our tickets are on top of that this is a 25% increase! The scanning feature has been really helpful. Also, I have had all my questions answered quickly when I take the time to ask for help.

Cons

I do not find it easy to use or intuitive. I struggle to navigate the interface every time I get on it. On the scanning tickets end it is easy to use but on the management end it is not easy. Perhaps it will become easier as I use it more. But so far, I am frustrated with it in that way. Also, I do not see easy ways for the system to track the demographics of my customers or features along demographical lines. I wish there was more of this type of feature.

Marjolene from Gwaandak Theatre

Industry: Performing Arts

That was my first ticket software experience and it was fairly easy to manage. Great support.

Easy and affordable online ticket system (not a lot of choices in our small town). Happy patrons. Other companies requested the name of the product to use it. More independant than using a third party to sell my tickets.

Pros

I chose it because of its great layout and number of settings offered for a great price. It is easy to use and generate data report. All patrons were able to use it without problems. Easy to implement it on our website. I received awesome support by chat, email and phone when I had a question and was not able to find the answer online.

Cons

The scanning system of the tickets with phone or tablet did not work AT ALL for us. I had to enter all tickets manually, about 75 per night. Not a big deal because not a lot of tickets, but still anoying, because people printed their tickets, but finally I was just recycling them after checking their names in the guest list.

Response from Thunder Data Systems

Replied August 2017

We would be very interested in learning which app you downloaded for your phones and tablets. Was it the iOS App or the Android App? Had you tested the scanning with a test ticket prior to the event? Do you remember what happened when you attempted to scan? Did it scan but say the tickets were invalid? Did your device have problems scanning the actual barcode? We work very hard to ensure our apps always work, and we haven't received feedback from any other clients indicating a problem. The more we understand what occurred, the more we can help mitigate against problems in the future.

Chris from Vessel for the Arts

ThunderTix is easy to use and provides many different options.

Pros

The thing I like most about Thunder Tix is the easy ticket sales for our events that it offers. Back in the day we took phone orders and had to mail out printed tickets. With Thunder Tix the customer orders their own tickets AND is able to prin them right out. And they can even show the ticket on their phone and we just scan it that way. The ease of use to our ticket helpers is also a benefit. We can view a variety of reports and can search within our order by a variety of different options.

Cons

There is not too much that I do not like about Thunder Tix. At this time I cannot think of any suggestions for upgrades.

December 2015

December 2015

ThunderTix is hands down the best online Ticketing software I have ever used!!!

I use ThunderTix as my online ticketing system for my annual events that do ~5,000+ in online transactions per event. I combine the online system with an Authorize.net gateway payment system. I have used 3 different online ticketing platforms in the past and NOTHING compares to the benefits of ThunderTix. You set it up and maintain it yourself, no waiting for your IT folks to do it for you (nor having to pay for their time), which also means you can change things on the fly as you need to, it integrates easily with Authorize.net (or other payment systems) and you get your money from sales in 1 day, and you just cannot beat their pricing!! And did I mention the excellent customer service? Not only is their online forum very helpful, but when I was in really dire need of real live help, I just emailed them and usually had an answer within a couple hours. All the way around, this software and this company are the BEST and I am so happy to have found them! Will be using this software from here on out!

Pros

Price Ease of Use Set up and Maintenance under my control Excellent and fast customer service Paid fast for sales

Cons

Reporting is a little on the light side and not custom

March 2012

Dan from Mauch Chunk Opera House

March 2012

Thundertix

I highly recommend Thundertix. It's been bullet-proof and we've never received a customer report of downtime. Allowing us to manage costs is crucial for us. We've had experience with Tix, which was also a solid system, but Thundertix is more flexible and saves us money.

Pros

We moved to Thundertix as a way to control our costs in June 2011. Since then, it has been an important key to our business. It streamlined the customer buying experience, it was easy to set up new agents so that we could, in effect, expand office hours, the reports are informative and easy to customize, and customer service has been excellent. The flat monthly rate model works very well for us.

Cons

Need some additional fields in the exported reports so that I can get a better feel for who my customers are, where they come from, how many order online as opposed to over the phone, how much I collect in fees, that sort of thing.

Response from Thunder Data Systems

Replied August 2012

Within 30 days of receiving your suggestions for reporting, we added the ability to search orders by sales agent, Facebook or at-home buyers. In addition, we included your ideas to create a more detailed report of the orders export file so that you could easily discern the day and time of sale. More recently, we've expanded the Orders Search feature to include the ability to search by the time of day. Thanks for your ideas!

Patrick from Blau & Associates

Thunder Tickets serves our needs extremely well and I would recommend their service.

Pros

Ease of use and fast customer service and support. What else could you ask for? Any issues are addressed very quickly.

Cons

I really do not have any issues with Thunder Tickets. Any issues that arose under my tenure have been addressed quickly.

Ken from Pathfinder Chorus

March 2016

I am now conducting my second ticket campaign for a chorus with audiences of 300-700.

I am a low volume user and not a professional so my learning curve may be slower than usual. Here are a few impressions that I have. PROS: 1. My contact, Pam Mason, is very prompt and helpful. 2. When things are in place there seems to be no calculation errors of any sort. 3. The reports have lots of valuable information and help us keep up with stats. 4. The "Forum" is very helpful. 5. The cost is very fair. NEEDS: 1. A graphics section to build auditorium maps with. 2. A whole auditorium view to see seat availability without changing screens. This would quicken "at the door" sales because customers could choose their seats more easily. 3. More clarity on using email notifications. If there is a cost involved it should show before one has to click the button and decide. 4. A way to run fake credit card test transactions without involving the gateway. This would make it easier to train staff. 5. I have not been able to "void" tickets which I should be able to do within 24 hours according to your information. 6. When emailed tickets fail to "send" there is no error message. 7. PC computers seem to have glitches in printing. My MacBook allows me to just hit "Print Tickets" but my PC seems to have to go back to where I can make the tickets appear as a PDF. 8. The "See All Dates" button needs to appear on many pages such as when one is looking at "Orders", "Customers", etc.

KELLY from Federated Home & School Association

Industry: Fund-Raising

Great experience with ThunderTix!

Great system and terrific support team!

Pros

It was extremely reliable -- we needed a precise ticket sales start time, as well as a new wait list feature. The system worked brilliantly. It was very easy to navigate and manage all details, including the ticket format, the guest lists, and more. We look forward to working with ThunderTix on future events as well. Thank you!

Cons

I can't think of anything I liked least...We are in a unique situation in that our tickets sell out within minutes. The only concern was that the event showed up as sold out before it actually was sold out, because ticket purchasers had the tickets in their carts and there has to be a 10 minute hold time before releasing the tickets if they are not purchased. This is understandable.

Kimberly from Entertainment

Not easy to navigate with a line waiting for you

Easy to buy tickets but not easy to work the ticket counter for assigned seating shows.

Pros

Easy to buy tickets and have them resent to you.

Cons

It is difficult to navigate quickly when each walk-up transaction is different...some want to know there seats/print tickets, others want to buy, others are buying for a different show. You have to go back so many screens to start all over. I wish there was more drop-down menu functions to navigate in less clicks. I wish you could see a seating chart at any point in time via pop-up vs having to leave your transaction when customer asks a seating question.

Response from Thunder Data Systems

Replied October 2018

Hello Kimberly, I'm sorry to hear that your experience is less than you expected. Let's see if we can turn that around! Did you know that at the conclusion of every order, there are "quick links" that allow you to repeat an order in a single click? Have you tried our Calendar interface available from the Event drop down menu? This is a very quick way of navigating different performances. Some of our busiest tours like to open event dates in a new window to keep the handy calendar ready to sell any performance quickly. I'm including my email address in this response, and I would welcome a conversation with you.

Cynthia from On the Boards Staging Comapny

The bonus of this system is the customer service that comes with it. Knowledgeable, accessible.

Pros

1. Easy for my customers to use. 2. Thundertix is always improving and upgrading the features to make it easier for me to use. They are organized to be very responsive to the customer's needs and feedback. 3. Cost effective.

Cons

1. I just wish I could do more detailed searches of the database. 2. I find the package feature hard to work with.

Rey from Stingrey Classic

Happy customer from Hawaii

I have 2 events per year called the Stingrey Classic and Aloha Muscle. It is the largest bodybuilding, physique, figure and bikini contests in Hawaii which are both sanctioned by the NPC (National Physique Committee). Both events sell tickets online and ThunderTix helped tremendously by setting up my seating charts and allowing my customers to pick their seats and purchase with a credit card. I am not very tech savvy using computers and their system is user friendly for even a novice like me. The BEST thing about ThunderTix is their customer service! Again, I am not computer literate but whenever I need questions or concerns customer support are alway there to help. They understand their program like a CHAMP! I'm sure there is a lot of features and functionalities that I'm not aware of but, representative always give me suggestions to maximize and improve my business. I would definitely recommend ThunderTix!

Pros

The ease of using this program.

Cons

There are a lot of features that I am not fully aware of so I might be missing out on thing that might help me grow my business.

Gina from Millstone Twp. School District

My experience is pretty positive. We use the product for theater event ticketing.

It allows us to offer on line purchasing of our events and classes in an accessible way. We can run reports and keep track of sales easily.

Pros

I like the new streamlined version of creating an event. We have special events frequently and it's convenient and fast to get the event up and ready for purchase.

Cons

If we need to edit or change something that has already been created it's problematic. It would be nice to have a way to tweak the details of an event even after it has been created.