• Pros

• "I like the functionality of the software. There are some very helpful features and the software is very user friendly."

• "It is much easier to use then most other VDR's I have worked with. The functionality and intuitive features are the best out there. "

• "I like how user friendly the platform is. One of my favorite features is the ability to relabel the documents index order if necessary, unlike most competitors."

• Cons

• "Occasional login issues; but otherwise a very smooth operation."

• "No obvious cons, some files have trouble downloading, but assume that is user error more so than Dealroom issues"

• "Didn't have the best notifications. The recent folder was nice but could use work."

Browse DealRoom Reviews

Ovais A. from Auctus Group, Inc.

Excellent platform with ease of use

It helps us manage the document / info sharing between the client, our firm and the potential investors. It also allows us to manage users, their permissions etc. It is also helping us managing the analytics on user access. It is easier to upload large size files and share it with intended users which is not possible on outlook due to size limits.

Pros

Dealroom is easy to use, you can populate dealroom with your due diligence folders and create due diligence list right inside the dealroom instead of sending the due diligence list separately to your clients.

Cons

Missing Outlook plugin which is mostly available will update tab that would allow execution team to update status on this would allow execution team to update status on transactions.

Mark from Rivington Holdings

DealRoom review

Great tool for us to share very sizeable documents at a reasonable cost.

Pros

DealRoom is very easy to set up, upload and share docs on a confidential basis.

Cons

There is not a great way to add summary comments or notes to the notification email on new files uploaded. Additionally, the file name gets cut off in the cover email notifications.

N/a.

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied July 2019

Thanks Mark! Happy to hear the platform was easy to use and appreciate the feedback on notifications. Thanks again!

Michael from Rio Fundo

Glad I made the switch

So far, so good. It has all the functionality I need and more, and the pricepoint is perfect - the biggest drawback to a lot of these systems is the price, but I haven't found that an issue here.

Pros

So far, I've really enjoyed the overall functionality. I've worked with 2 other data room systems, and they were pretty good too but quite pricey and I wasn't getting anything extra from them.

Cons

So far, nothing wrong. Above, I gave customer service 5 stars - the truth is that I haven't used their customer service yet. That's a positive, I suppose.

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied September 2020

Thanks for the great review Michael! Glad you've had a great experience so far and the platform has all the functionality you are looking for. Thanks again!

DealRoom - Gets The Job Done But Leaves More To Be Desired

It achieves it's basic purpose but there are other data rooms with enhancements that provide a better experience.

Pros

The bulk download capabilities, the organization by data room when you are in multiple, and the ability to view documents without downloading them.

Cons

There is no feature to sort all documents by upload date so that you can see what is new since you last logged in. Some other data rooms have a feature where you can sort new documents by your last login date or by new documents since a particular date you choose.

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied July 2018

Hello! Glad to hear you are happy with the bulk download capabilities. In the top right above the Home folder you can click Recent Files to show what has been last uploaded and sort by date. Thanks so much for the feedback and hope you use us again soon!

Kris from Ravinia Capital LLC

Amazing VDR!

Uploading documents and making changes are so easy. Any time I use a different VDR I get frustrated.

Pros

Cons

There are no specific complaints I have with this software. A VDR is supposed to make things easy for us to upload documents in a secure location and Deal Room has solved that problem.

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied July 2020

Thanks for the great review Kris! Glad the platform has been easy to use and overall provided value. Appreciate the positive feedback and support!

Complete, accessible and easy to use.

The platform is great. It offers an exclusive feature so I can upload and manage request list! It is easy to use and I have no headaches about additional volumes, since they offer unlimited volume.

Pros

Incredible Project Management features and unlimited volume on a monthly subscription!

Cons

It can take 30 min. for support response.

Reasons for Choosing DealRoom

Unique Project Management features Unlimited volume Monthly subscription Easy to use

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied July 2019

Thanks for the kind review! Happy to hear using requests to manage diligence and unlimited data has been useful for your process. Also, appreciate the feedback on support, we are always looking for ways to improve so that will be addressed. Thanks again!

Austin from CMC

Industry: Mining & Metals

Great data room for users

Pros

DealRoom was a great platform for a project I recently worked on. It provided timely notifications when new items were uploaded to the site, and it the folder structure was easy to navigate and search.

Cons

DealRoom was easy to use and access - I can't think of anything that I didn't like about the platform.

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied August 2020

Thanks for the review Austin! Glad had a positive experience and hope you get to work with us again!

Stephen from Mazars

Observations of first time User

Access to a very large cache of documents to be viewed by multiple people across the world

Pros

Documents seem to be easily found and easily opened

Cons

When I added a request, the other users with access get notified of my request but not me. It is off putting at first as I was not sure that my request had been processed. When an email is received notifying of a new document added to a folder, I tried accessing that via both the document link and the folder link. In each case, it took me some time to work out how to get back to the main menu. There needs to be an clearer and easier path (for first time users) back to the main menu of document folders .

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied August 2020

Thanks for the review Stephen! Appreciate that feedback from a new user perspective. Always good for us to think about the user workflow so thanks for taking time to let us know! Hope to work with you on another project soon

Lauren from ESO

DealRoom Review

We use DealRoom for Due Diligence and Integration Planning. We love that it is permission-based, down to folder within a section. It has been abundantely helpful getting visibility and real-time updates to the team members involved.

Pros

It's very user friendly and has a clean UI/UX.

Cons

I've sent a product request for a "Checklist" feature to be added.

Reasons for Choosing DealRoom

Excel was flat and limited visibility across the team.

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied November 2019

Thanks Lauren! Glad the platform has been user friendly and we appreciate the product feature requests as we are always looking to make DealRoom better for all users. Thanks again!

celsi from ecorodovias

Industry: Civil Engineering

Files

Pros

The features most impact are the structures of files and they are use easy.

Cons

When files are placed in blocks, we have difficulty downloading them. Sometimes we need to download everything, when we need a single one.

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied July 2020

Thanks for the review Celsi! Glad you had a positive experience. Appreciate you taking time to give feedback!

Lee from Flex

Industry: Medical Devices

DealRoom Feedback

Good. We didn't control the software choice but it was easy to use.

Pros

This was our first time using DealRoom. Our partner uses this as a secure data portal for sharing sensitive, controlled data. We found it very useful and if we had questions, the support team was very quick to respond, resolve, and confirm we understood why the issue occurred and that we were clear with the explanation. The system was easy to navigate and track usage and updates.

Cons

No significant issues. We were a little confused at times when one person on the team reviewed "new" data which caused the "new" flag to fade and others might miss this due to the volume of data shared. A suggestion: retain the "new" flags for one full day and change the color once the entry is initially reviewed (e.g. green moves to yellow) and stays yellow for 24 hours so the team knows it's new but has been reviewed. Not a big thing, just a suggestion.

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied July 2020

Thanks for the feedback Lee! Glad our team was able support you as a user and overall the platform was easy to navigate. Will take the feedback on new data notifications to the team. Thanks again!

Curtis S. from Auxo Investment Partners

Most responsive and innovative dataroom provider in the market right now

Very easy to use

Pros

I love task tracking feature that is unique to the DealRoom software and the fact that you can control permissions down to the individual file level, but what I like the most about this software is the customer suppport. The CEO personally reads and sometimes responds to customer inquiries and requests for features. Additionally, the customer support team is extremely responsive and works to resolve your issue within 24 to 48 hours.

Cons

There are certain features that I would like to see in the group permissions management section, but I have been told the team is already working on it and the new feature should be out in 1-2 weeks!

WES from Q Advisors

DealRoom Review

We are managing the diligence process of several M&A transactions. DealRoom allows the transfer of documents to multiple parties with the ability to individually set groups permission schedule. Further their analytics tab allows us as the sell side adviser to see who has been active in the data room or not, providing a little bit of visibility on the investors interest levels.

Pros

Cons

I wish it had a Q&A feature similar to most competitors. One other feature I would suggest is the ability to "white label" the platform allowing a more personalized feel (company logo in the corner).

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied July 2019

Thanks Wes! Glad the relabeling of indexes was useful for you. I would advise checking out DealRoom with our Request tab. This allows for diligence management and Q&A along with the document storage. We also have added the ability to white label! Feel free to get in touch if you have more questions about it. Thanks again!

Ovais from Auctus Group

Much needed platform for banking with exceptional ease of use

Deal Marketing, Documents Upload, Documents Receiving from Clients, Investor Access to Deals

Pros

Dealroom has multiple features that make it easy to use, including very clear and user friendly interface, drag and drop options, pulling and downloading due diligence list directly

Cons

Absence of Microsoft outlook plugin as well as inability to update/track deal marketing progress so you can categorize deals in terms of their status.

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied July 2018

Thanks for the review Ovais! Glad you've had a good experience with direct diligence management and appreciate the feedback on deal tracking, definitely something for us to look into. Thanks again!

Louisa from Bell Gully

One of the best

Thoroughly impressed, prefer it over competing products such as intralinks, MerrillDatasite One and even Ansarada. The download and processing speed of the site really stands out to me.

Pros

This software has stood out to me for various reasons. - Fast download speed to easy zip folders which have smaller capacity and are therefore easy to email forward. - Loading speed of the pages is considerably faster than other deal platforms. - Q&A function is user friendly and simple with clear indicators to questions being answered and edit/attachment functions.

Cons

- It doesn't seem clear to me as to how to attach data room document numbers to the top of the document when downloaded from the site. - The exported excel index does not include the date which documents were unloaded to the data room.

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied March 2019

Thank you so much Louisa! Glad you were happy with the download speeds and our Requests function for having questions answered with documents attached to the request. Appreciate the high recommendation compared to other platforms as well. Thanks again!

Jonathan from SMBC

Fast and intuitive

I have only used DealRoom as a user, but am definitely open to considering it as an administrator during upcoming engagements.

Pros

What I liked most was the speed and ease of the bulk download function. Due to the transactional nature of my work, I have used many different data room providers. DealRoom certainly performs in the top range and compares amongst the best. The ability to access and save a bulk download link is particularly useful when my internet connection may be patchy while travelling, and I might require multiple tries to download a file.

Cons

The notifications feature could be improved. As my organisation removes the formatting from emails, it would be very useful to have an option to send notifications as text (without html).

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied June 2019

Thanks for the feedback Jonathan! Glad all the features have been useful for you and for your thoughts on the notifications. Happy to hear you're open to using it as an admin as well. Feel free to get in touch with us directly to discuss more at any time!

Luke from Serent Capital

Industry: Investment Management

Excellent customer service!

The best part about using DealRoom by far was my experience with the customer representative, my customer success manager throughout the process. She chatted with me while in the portal, offering tips to ensure I took the best advantage of Deal Room's features. Even after I left the portal, she continued to follow up, doing everything within her power to guarantee I had a 10/10 experience. No other VDR platform I've used has even offered that type of personal support. And on top of that, she was one of the strongest, most courteous, and most helpful customer success manager's I have encountered in any product or service I have ever used!

Pros

I have experience with a few different Virtual Data Room platforms: Merrill DataSite, Donnelly, etc. Most platforms focus only on privacy and functionality at the expense of general user interface. I found Deal Room to be incredibly easy to use, despite having never used it before. This ease of use was greatly augmented by my experience with my customer success manager, who I will describe below.

Cons

There was very little not to like. The software did exactly what I needed it to.

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied November 2018

Thanks for the review Luke! Good to hear you've had a positive experience with DealRoom compared to other providers and happy to hear the interface was intuitive and easy for you to use. Also, thank you so much for the kind words about our customer success manager! Glad to hear our team is doing their best to help you and we are grateful for the feedback. Appreciate you taking time for the review!

Extremely easy to use.

Pros

Cons

I would like the option to have multiple admins. I would like to be able to customize the software a little bit more.

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied July 2018

Thanks for the positive feedback! You are actually able to add more that one person into the admin group and give other groups admin abilities as well. Happy to get in touch and go over those features. Thanks again for the review!

Connor from Farragut

DealRoom Review

Using the site for M&A transactions, it is easy to keep all relevant parties on the same page.

Pros

The functionality and intuitiveness of the software are the most important features. The simple yet elegant design makes navigating the site quite easy.

Cons

Realizing that there can be vast amounts of data with long pathways, ideally it would be easier to download all files without renaming any of the files.

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied June 2019

Thanks for the review Connor! Happy to hear the platform was intuitive and easy to use. Unfortunately for the file paths, that's a problem with windows being able to open the files so we are unable to solve that. Thank you so much for the feedback!

The Art of the DealRoom

Pros

For starters, this company has A+ customer service. Whenever I need help or have issues, they're very quick to help out. Also really love how DealRoom allows all stakeholders in the deal to communicate together in a timely fashion. The ability to track tasks is also a lifesaver--when perusing through hundreds of deals a week, it gets quite hectic without software.

Cons

One thing I think the software could improve on is integration with other software (ie Outlook). Also has somewhat of a learning curve, but so do most software products. Very happy overall.

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied April 2019

Thanks for the great feedback! Happy to hear our team has been helpful and the platform itself has made your process more efficient. Also, appreciate the feedback on integrating with other software, we are always looking for ways to improve. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

Collin from National Instruments

Greater Idea, Even Better Execution

Pros

I liked that the workflow through the tool centered around what is most important in M&A transactions - getting things done. With the focus around Requests, DealRoom allows you to easily understand what needs to get done and who is responsible for outstanding items. The platform is simple and doesn't try to over-complicate the workflow for M&A pipeline management.

Cons

The focus on agile M&A can be a double-edged sword - while it helps get things done more quickly and introduces flexibility into your process, it isn't always what traditional M&A personnel are used to dealing with. For example, with the "Requests" approach not being named "transactions" or "playbook tasks" there can be some hesitation from the old-guard to adopt such a tool.

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied March 2019

Thanks for the review Collin! Our goal is to provide tools to help simplify the M&A process and allow for better collaboration and communication. Happy to hear you had a good experience with the trial and feel free to get in touch with us if you have further questions! Thanks again!

Adam from Winston & Strawn LLP

Overall a good product

Overall experience was very positive.

Pros

DealRoom has a lot of good features and is well organized. It is particularly well suited to the due diligence process.

Cons

There were a few features that could be improved, such as the lack of automatic notifications for changes to a persons access credentials.

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied July 2019

Happy to hear you had an overall positive experience Adam! Diligence management is a major priority for us so glad it was well suited for your process. Thank you!

John from Ravinia Capital

Industry: Investment Banking

DealRoom is very easy to use

Pros

Our analyst recently departed I so I had to quickly step into manage the VDR for a client transaction. To my happy surprise, DealRoom was very to use (and very intuitive). I highly recommend the product.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. Perhaps the analytics behind how folks are using the VDR could be enhanced.

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied July 2020

Thanks John! Appreciate the positive feedback and glad it was pick for you to pick up during a transaction. Thanks again for the review!

Efrain from NaviStone, Inc.

Loved the functionality

Pros

Very easy to use and do admin of your various groups using the data room. I really liked their request tracking feature and the project management capabilities to get all of the due diligence requests completed on time. The support team was fantastic to work with and always answer our questions on a timely basis. I had worked with the large virtual data room providers in the past and this is a major improvement in functionality and ease of use versus what I was used to.

Cons

Nothing meaningful I can add here as I pretty much liked just about everything I got with this software.

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied March 2019

Thanks Efrain! So glad to hear using requests to manage your diligence process has worked well and our team has been supportive for you. Appreciate the kind words and you taking the time to leave a review!

Ben from PPC

Industry: Investment Management

Dealroom Review

Pros

Easy to access user interface, speed is never an issue. The ability to track specific requests on an individual basis is valuable.

Cons

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied December 2018

Thanks for the review Ben! Glad to hear the interface was easy to use and using requests added value! Appreciate the high recommendation

Dealroom Review

Pros

One of the most enticing points of the DealRoom software is the fee structure. Not having to worry about page count is a relief.

Cons

Although almost everyone downloads the files to view, the document viewer could be enhanced.

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied December 2018

Thanks for the feedback! Happy to hear the flat one time fee worked well for you. Appreciate the high recommendation and hope to work with you again!

Bryan from Auctus Group

Great dataroom support

Ease of use Secure data transfer for confidential documents easy investor access via group creations

Pros

We love the ease of use for our due diligence process. This platform allows a streamlined process to request and receive documents.

Cons

We wish that there were office plugins so that files can be saved directly within dealroom and easing up our overall use.

Andrew from Ruder Ware LLSC

DealRoom Review

Pros

The interface's ease of use; quick ability to download documents; ease of sharing access permissions

Cons

From time to time I have gotten inaccurate and/or misleading results when using the "search" function.

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied August 2020

Thanks Andrew! Glad the interface was easy to use and appreciate the feedback on search functionality. Thanks again!

Anumita from Bain Capital

It was great!!

Pros

I like the feature that allowed me to see the latest uploads to the Dataroom.

Cons

Sometimes there were difficulties in downloading the full data room to my desktop at once.

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied December 2018

Thanks for the review Anumita! Glad to hear you had a good experience and appreciate the feedback on the download. Thanks again for the feedback!

Jérôme from Group BOW

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewer

Very nice and usefull. I particularly appreciate to receive alerts when new documents are uploaded.

Pros

Easy to use, very clear file structure, files are easy to donwload

Cons

There are no elements that I can see in that area.

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied August 2020

Appreciate the kind review Jerome! Glad the platform was easy to use and notifications were helpful. Thanks again!

Shrey from Auctus Group

Great platform for our internal and client use

Pros

Ease fo use is the best feature of this platform. We love the customization and drag and drop features

Cons

We wish this platform had more analytical features, and allowed for outlook integration as well as a desktop version that can be installed to our computers in office for quicker access.

Jeremy from Spencer Fane, LLP

Great data room!

Overall, DealRoom is one of the best data rooms I've used and would likely use it again.

Pros

I love the clean look and the various views for the deal documents. The search functions were extremely useful when they worked.

Cons

I found the OCR/search functions were not as reliable as I had hoped. If every document was properly OCR'd it would have sped up my workflow. I'm still looking for a good data room that solves the problem of individual users being able to tag/sort/group/notate documents in a data room for our personal reference (i.e., setting privileges for who can see the sorting/notes). If this capability is added, DealRoom could further set itself apart.

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied December 2018

Thanks for the review Jeremy! Appreciate the positive feedback and happy to hear you would recommend us to others. OCR search is something we are considering adding. I'm not sure if you were an admin in the room but you can give groups permissions to certain folders to be able to upload/move documents as well as use our requests tab which allows for communication around documents on the platform. Thanks again for the kind words and hope to work with you again!

Great tool

We use DealRoom extensively in business acquisition transactions. The sellers can easily provide requested materials and save them in a designated spot for ease of use. No need to email files back and forth and get multiple versions of the same data.

Pros

DealRoom makes it easy to organize shared files and give access to those who need it. It is a very functional tool and has been a big help to our enterprise

Cons

Have not had any negative experiences yet

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied December 2018

Thanks for the great review! Glad to hear it's been a value add to your enterprise. Our main goal is to have a usable tool to make M&A as efficient as possible. Appreciate you taking time to leave feedback and we appreciate your firm choosing to work with us!

Michael from MBDA Capital Center

Simple and intuitive, DealRoom's interface made sharing and facilitating a breeze.

Pros

We loved the ability to loop in constituents from a variety of places to see only what they needed to see, as well as the granular level of visibility and control that made monitoring and compliance as pain-free as possible.

Cons

There were a few features that would have been great out of the box that weren't available, but our account team was happy to help us develop user-side solutions to accommodate nearly everything we wanted to do.

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied July 2018

Thanks for the feedback Michael and glad you had a good experience with the interface. Happy our team was able to help out as well! If there's anything else we can help with feel free to get in touch

Bruce from Key Bank

DealRoom Review

Overall, DealRoom has been great but maintains room for improvement.

Pros

Easy to use and the quick response time has been critically helpful

Cons

The alerts received when documents are uploaded by the client could be made easier to sift through. Currently, you'll have to carefully look through the email alert whereas other DR providers alerts really throw the newly uploaded docs into your face. Anything to free up bandwidth.

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied March 2019

Thanks Bruce! Glad the platform has been easy to use and you've gotten quick response time. Appreciate the feedback on notifications, that helps our team continue to improve user experience. Thanks again!

Kelli from HealthTrio, LLC

Easy experience for end user!

Pros

Intuitive, just like managing folders and documents on my computer. Never had a proble gaining access.

Cons

Notifications for each document uploaded coukd be overkill at times, would orefer a daily rollup or a proactive outreach based on the volume of notifications I was getting to ask if I’d like to turn them off.

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied December 2018

Thanks for the review Kelli! Glad to hear the platform was intuitive and you had a positive experience. Each user has the ability to dial back their notifications to hourly, daily, none at all under their settings tab. Just something to note if you use us on another project! Thanks again!

Pam from Ingredion

Simple and Quick

DealRoom is a great way to access confidential documents in an organized and quick manner. A team activity was very successful due to collaboration. DealRoom housed everything and kept us moving through to completion.

Pros

I liked the preview function prior to downloading documents. I use a Surface pro and scanning pages was very efficient. Documents did not seem buried; easy to find.

Cons

Nothing, I just needed to be connected to view documents.

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied March 2019

Thanks for the review Pam! Happy to hear the room was simple to use and kept everything organized! Appreciate you taking time to give us feedback. Thanks again!

Jessica from Auctus Group

Fluid Functionality

We've been able to assure effective communications across the office.

Pros

The platform is easy to use and the functionality is extremely practical which makes it both enjoyable and sensible when communicating across different positions in our office, streamlining projects and making us all more efficient.

Cons

It's an extra step that not all of our employees go the extra mile to use.

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied December 2018

Thanks for the positive feedback Jessica! Glad to hear the platform is easy to use and has created efficiency for your team, that's our goal! Let us know if there's anything else we can help with

Gregory from Medical Services

Functional software

A good tool to share, review and track action items (along with the current status of action item). The software is easy to use and functions as advertised.

Pros

You are email notified of all changes/adds to dealroom.

Cons

Spreadsheets can be a challenge to see all cells- you will have to download to get a full file view. This can add a little time - when you just want to see a quick response.

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied December 2018

Thanks for the review Gregory! Happy to hear you had a good experience and were able to track and update the status of action items. Our goal is to provide a tool to improve efficiency. Appreciate the feedback!

Hanh from EY

DealRoom feedback

I work in HR, and there are certain data that needs to be restricted to limited HR folks. The DealRoom feature allowed us to set the access accordingly

Pros

user friendly, easy to navigate through documents, access can easily be set accordingly to user's needs

Cons

None. I can't think of anything at this time

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied August 2020

Thanks for the positive review Hanh! Glad you had a positive experience and the platform was user friendly. Appreciate the high likelihood to recommend!

Nora from Equifax

Great System

Excellent platform/tool with easy navigation and use. I would highly recommend.

Pros

Easy to use and navigate through as well as real time notifications when new documents were submitted.

Cons

Unable to use the request for information function but that may have been the way my company set it up.

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied December 2018

Thanks for the feedback Nora and high recommendation! Glad to hear everything went well. Requests are definitely a huge advantage with using DealRoom, hopefully we can work with you on another project and have that functionality be used! Thanks again for the positive review, we appreciate it!

Logan from Equifax

Industry: Information Services

DealRoom Review

Pros

From a buyer's perspective, the platform has been really easy to navigate, use, and download files. The one time I did have a download issue, the customer support team was responsive and quickly resolved the issue.

Cons

N/A - there hasn't been a moment where the platform has negatively impacted deal flow productivity

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied December 2018

Thanks for the review Logan! Great to hear you had a good experience from a buyers perspective and happy to hear our customer support team was quick to help you :) Thanks again and appreciate the feedback!

Quinn from Guardian Capital Partners

CRM Update Success

We chose to update to DealCloud because our old CRM was unable to keep up with the dealflow we were seeing. The DealCloud engine made day-to-day processes much more productive and gave us more time for more important parts of the deal process.

Pros

Ability customize every entry field and data cell Views Ability to export directly to Excel and Word Duplicate entry tracking

Cons

Process to edit fields can be confusing for new users Attaching files can be tedious

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied November 2018

Hi Quinn! I think you may have meant to leave a review for DealCloud instead of DealRoom. Thanks!

Brendan from Stout

Great, no complaints.

Pros

It's very intuitive, easy to maintain and make adjustments to folders throughout the process.

Cons

Occasionally download time can take longer than expected.

Reasons for Choosing DealRoom

Dealroom was recommended as the easiest to use.

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied November 2019

Thanks for the feedback Brendan! Great to hear you've had a positive experience with the platform and it's been easy to use. Appreciate you taking time to leave a review!

John from Risk Strategies Company

Deal work

Sharing data with multiple parties and allowing segmented access to select information

Pros

Flexibility for organizing and posting data

Cons

Changing structures once initial information has been loaded

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied July 2018

Thanks for the feedback John! To rearrange the structure in the room we added an Edit Index button that lets you drag and drop to reorder. If you have any questions feel free to get in touch and hope to work with you on a project again soon!

Peter from HPPI

Industry: Machinery

Great support and versatility for different customers

Pros

I found the software to be easy to use and the request tracking functionality makes it easy to communicate with different groups.

Cons

We were able to learn how to use it quickly and found it to be an excellent product!

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied July 2020

Thanks for the review Peter! Appreciate the kind words and glad the platform was easy to pick up. Thanks again!

Hector from Shuttle Fund Advisor Llc.

Excellent Tool

Our org. chart presents a challenge due to the various global locations, where we exist. This tool allows us to work cohesively, never missing a beat.

Pros

The ease of use and ability to incorporate it seamlessly to the pre-existing working model.

Cons

So far so good, nothing negative to report.

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied March 2019

Thanks for the review Hector! Happy to hear it was a seamless transition to using DealRoom from your pre-existing model. Glad the platform allows collaboration across your locations. Appreciate you taking time to give us feedback, it's very helpful!

Well-designed Data Room

I was given access as part of a due diligence data room. The file structure was easy to understand, and downloading was simple. There were a number of features that were beyond my typical data room experience, but I believe could be useful.

Pros

The ability to request information through the platform, the download process was easy.

Cons

While intrigued by the ability to request information, I didn't use it, because I generally err towards direct email asks. If this was an internal project, I could see the use for the information request features.

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied July 2018

Thanks for your feedback on using requests! If it was ever something you were looking to use in an upcoming project feel free to get in touch and happy to talk about best use cases. Thanks again!

Adam from A&M

DealRoom - Another option from the main stream

Pros

User face was genuinely easy to use, support was very responsive and helpful. Helpdesk took ownership in the problem.

Cons

When you click through an email update to see the new files uploaded, was difficult to go back to the main dataroom site.

Response from DealRoom, a Day1 Company

Replied July 2018

Thanks Adam! Glad our support was helpful and you've had a good experience with the interface. I've let our team know about the email updates with links to files and see what we can do to make that more seamless. Appreciate the feedback, thanks again!

Riley from EY

I enjoy using dealroom software. It is easy to navigate.

The ability to quickly navigate through new files in a short amount of time greatly increases efficiency.

Pros

The ability to quickly see what has been uploaded to the data room in the previous 24 hours. This is extremely helpful.

Cons

Instead of a notification email just saying there are new documents and then listing them out, it could say that "5 documents have been added to the finance folder" which would provide a quicker understanding of whether they are material to my workstream.