• icon"I was able to perform an upgrade of the system in about 15 minutes, all of which was well documented. Customer service has been great."
  • icon"I like the idea of being able to allow third-party sellers to use the site. I also like the idea of being able to own the software and customize it to my needs."
  • icon"This solution is simple and easy to use and allows for customization. Dont worry about the confinements and fees of other auction sites."
  • icon"Chances are, you won't be able to set this up on your own hosting provider of choice, so you'll be stuck rolling with their hosting plan."
  • icon"Currently no feature that lets you mass-edit your categories and products. Needs more built-in features and options for payment and invoicing."
  • icon"As I understand it their hosting plans are limited to servers located in the US only."

Browse all AuctionWorx Enterprise Reviews

• Have you used AuctionWorx Enterprise and would like to share your experience with others?

Shaa

Great enterprise grade auction software

We were looking for and alternative to public auction sites that charge huge fees for selling our vehicles. AuctionWorx allowed us to save literally thousands of dollars in fees by bringing the process in house.

Pros

Ease of use and setup are fantastic. Everything you could want in an enterprise grade online auction software is here. If you are looking for a place to get away from the big E or just a great private auction software, this one is for you. Things it has that we needed and love: registered users with custom fields, User email verification, auto email notifications, reserve amounts, buy it now, quick bids, feedback system, restricted sellers, payment system integrations, categories, featured items, TOS.. OK you get the idea, it has it ALL. Their documentation is very comprehensive with a step by step process that gets you going quickly. Upgrades are just as easy. I was able to perform an upgrade of the system in about 15 minutes, all of which was well documented. Customer service has been great. I have only had to reach out twice and they where prompt to resolve my issue.

Cons

It wasn't free, and it didn't install itself? Seriously, you get what you pay for so if you invest in this product you will NOT regret it.

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

2nd Supply Corp Review Auctionworx Software

Excellent sales, service, and support throughout the entire process thus far. This is a top of the line company!

Pros

Ease of use. Efficiency. Design. No Fees.

Cons

Wish there were more accounting features for consignors and consignments however, I was told there will be more in the software upgrades coming later this year.

Reasons for choosing AuctionWorx Enterprise

Initially I liked the design of the software. The demo of the software led me to the purchase. I researched and received demo versions of several online auction software from various companies, ran trial auctions for each, experimented, tinkered, and learned the software prior to making my decision. In other words I was an informed customer. From the front end, to the back end, to the functionality, price, and ongoing fee structure of the software, Auctionworx was in my opinion the best solution hands down.

Robust, but extremely complex to setup and use

We've assisted clients in setting up and running AuctionWorx for their auction websites.

Pros

Out of the box, AuctionWorx comes full packed with payment processing, a huge amount of settings, and a decent front-end + back-end. Their support is also A1, and will help you with everything from getting the software installed, map your domains, and assistance with configuring the software in order to go live. All of our support tickets were answered and addressed within a few hours.

Cons

AuctionWorx is quite difficult to deploy on a server, and has some pretty strict server requirements. Chances are, you won't be able to set this up on your own hosting provider of choice, so you'll be stuck rolling with their hosting plan. Once you're set up, you'll also find that unlike other solutions on the market, there's no real theme or extension/plugin market, so customization and extending the base software is either extremely complex or just not possible at all. Given the cost and complexity of AuctionWorx, it's hard to justify setting it up and using it for your eCommerce platform given the number of easier to use solutions available.

Rock-solid product and outstanding support

We are developing a customized online auctions platform for very high value luxury items. We could not find any off the shelf platform suitable for this, so I spent almost one month evaluating nearly 40 companies before settling on Auctionworx. The majority of alternatives were either geared toward the bottom of the market i.e. mediocre eBay clones, OR if designed for high-end applications such as real estate, antiques or vintage cars they came with an equally high-end subscription price in some cases 10X the price of Auctionworx. Also accompanied by arrogant, unhelpful sales and support staff - you know, the types of people that are incapable of giving you straight answers to straight questions. The Rainworx team has been a breath of fresh air and they are a delight to work with.

Pros

The experience from beginning to end has been exceptional, from pre-sales to developer support. The core product is extremely well designed and behaves exactly as you would expect it to with absolutely no surprises. But is also designed to be customized to suite unique auction requirements. The documentation for developers is clear and comprehensive. But best of all, the support team has been amazingly responsive, providing clear actionable answers whenever we needed guidance.

Cons

Really can't fault the product in any way. As I understand it their hosting plans are limited to servers located in the US only. It would be nice if they offered a hosting plan on Azure and AWS for international companies that prefer not have to host it themselves.

Bryan

Outstanding Customer Support by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (and all support staff_

I have had the software for less than a year, and have only recently began using it to conduct auctions for my business. I am becoming more familiar with the product and appreciating it more. I can see me having a very long-term relationship with the product.

Pros

I like the idea of being able to allow third-party sellers to use the site. I also like the idea of being able to own the software and customize it to my needs. I also LOVE the support I get with the product. I am not a software engineer, and your support staff, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in particular who I deal with on a daily basis, is always very responsible and very courteous when I have questions or need assistance. Top notch!

Cons

I have used several online auction platforms and am familiar with the best and worst of all of them. AuctionWorx has some features I would like to see, such as the ability to identify consignors (other than the seller), and generate consignor settlement reports.

Reasons for switching to AuctionWorx Enterprise

Third-party seller functionality and no commission per auction / monthly fee.

Sumit

Highly stable and highly customizable auction software

My experience with AuctionWorx software is great. My team has helped more than 20 clients to setup their businesses and get their customizations done in no time. Amazing support team that is ready to walk the extra mile to help their customers.

Pros

You can setup it in one hour. Without any customization you can achieve almost all that is needed from an auction software. Amazing support team. Ready to answer all your queries in no time. Multi Vendor Highly customizable. Almost everything can be achieved if you hire a right development partner.

Cons

No Cons so far as I was able to achieve almost everything that I wanted to.

Deborah

November 2015

Superb, Friendly, Super Helpful

Having trawled the internet for some type of auction software, we came upon Rainworx site, which looked the most professional and the most appropriate for what we needed. Yes, it does cost a bit to set up - however I would say it has been worth every penny. Steve, who is our guy in the States, has been amazing - any email we send is replied to in a couple of days at the latest - but usually the same day (given the time difference) - anything we need doing, programming wise, is done as fast as they can do it (which is pretty fast!). They are always at the other end of the phone if we need them, although for us with the time difference, email works well. They are also continually upgrading the site, which is great. Once you have the site, you can of course get your own programmers in, however, for us, Rainworx is doing everything we need them to. Of course, there are some things we would like to be able to change ourselves, occasionally, but they are minor. If you have experience of other auction sites, then the Rainworx site is fairly straightforward/easy to use. The CMS system, once you get your head round it, is logical and enables you to change base prices, logos, categories etc. Some html knowledge could be of use too, but usually what you need is easy to find online. So to conclude - they are amazing, we can't rate them highly enough and they are always so helpful. Personally, I wish we could keep them for ourselves, but that wouldn't be fair! x

Eivind

September 2016

THE platform to build your auction house on

The software is sophisticated while still being easy to understand. AuctionWorx helped me understand front-end developing thanks to the great documentation and support you get from RainWorx. Simply put: If you're serious about starting a professional online auction house, there's no need to look further.

Pros

It is simple to understand, yet highly flexible and customizable.

Cons

- Currently no feature that lets you mass-edit your categories and products. - Needs more built-in features and options for payment and invoicing.

August 2014

Excellent

When I was first trying to start my business, ART55.co.uk, I used a rival companies software that was around the £700 mark and the site never launched. The software just wasn't good enough. So I went to Rainworx, yeah it is one of the most expensive out there... but you get what you pay for. I knew nothing about websites and how they ran, but the software is user friendly for someone setting up a website. It has a lot of different types of auctions, which is really good. It is mobile phone friendly. The admin area is easy to use, self explanatory in most cases. For the customer it is a good looking site, simple, user friendly.... and that is exactly what I needed. After purchase, the Rainworx team were exceptionally helpful. I dealt with Briana the majority of the time and she was really patient with me. Like I said I knew nothing about the basics, and she never patronised me about my knowledge, she helped me as much as possible. They helped me with slight changes to the site so that it helped my site help my customers. I honestly don't have any cons to be honest. It was good that they were American, as I am from England, there was no language barrier. I genuinely can't rate them higher and strongly recommend them.

A nicely executed upgrade from Auction Pro v7

We contracted with Rainworx to add Dutch Auction functionality into their SaaS product since that was why we were still running Auction Pro v7. 95% of our auctions are Dutch Auctions. We're very satisfied with the results and appreciate running our auctions on a more modern platform.

Pros

Cloud based, which does away with the need for server and database management duties. Also, far better backend functionality for invoice generation and sales reports than Auction Pro v7.

Cons

No glaring issues at this time. We've only been live for a few weeks, and support has been quick to remedy any bugs or fixes necessary.

Rachel

AuctionWorx Enterprise, top notch!

Pros

The entire thing is the best program I’m found! It handles everything for my auctions and sales. All I have to do is add my listings and it handles the rest. Love this software!

Cons

There isn’t anything I dislike about this software.

Reasons for switching to AuctionWorx Enterprise

The last software I used was confusing and hard to use. I had to do almost everything myself. I switched because AuctionWorx makes my business easier and more productive.

Industry: Music

Great product with 1st class support helped me achieve my goals.

The freedom to create and hold my own auctions away from the restrictions of Ebay.

Pros

It's easy to use and very powerful in what it can do. It's potential is unlimited and gives you scope to expand your business. It has a very user-friendly design and my customers have commented about its ease of use and that it is one of the best of its kind around.

Cons

Only able to give a flat rate shipping option on listings. Only able to see fixed price or events on homepage, not both at the same time. Should be more opportunities for user customization, design, layout etc.

G-J

Mature, full-featured product

Very satisfied. This is a great product that I can strongly recommend to anyone that requires a customizable online auction system.

Pros

AuctionWorx has excellent documentation for deployment, which went without a hitch. The software is mature, and after our 6th event auction we have never come across a bug. The user interface is clean and effective, and the customisability right from the administrative back-end is great.

Cons

It requires quite a beefy Windows server to run, which does add to the operational cost of the product.

Raymond

July 2013

AuctionWorx Customer Review

After searching for months for the right online auction software for a new business we ended up going with AuctionWorx developed by the folks over at RainWorx based upon a demo of their software and its affordable price. The software is well built with all the right features and options you need to run an online auction business. A good UI with great customization options to fine-tune the site to meet your needs. The code can be a bit complex if looking to implement your own customizations, but RainWorx has a good developer's guide to support your own designs. Having been a customer for four months now, the best aspect we've learned about our purchase is the support by RainWorx themselves. I would rate myself as a challenging customer and asked for support multiple times in the short time frame and Steve of RainWorx was patient, responsive and helpful. I am very happy we went with RainWorx and look forward to working with them further as our business grows.

Dont waste your time with cheaper solutions

Overall support is decent albeit couple days sometimes. For set up this was fine but for an mergency may prove difficult. You get what you pay for and this is one of the best solutons out ther.

Pros

This solution is simple and easy to use and allows for customization. Dont worry about the confinements and fees of other auction sites. Crate your own t easily integrate into your own marketing needs and website.

Cons

I would like to be able to categorize products and then mass edit them. Or search for an option and then mass edit as well.

Myles

Great People! Great Software! Cust support rep in particular has been Extremely Helpful! & Friendly!

Happy Customers!

Pros

Interface is very friendly. Smooth. Clean, Updated. Easy to use for customization, and plug and play type work!

Dana

Industry: Ranching

Amazing Customer Service

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been phenomenal in helping me set up my account and get my site up and running.

Pros

The auction function does everything I need and the customer service at Auction Worx is stellar!

Cons

No cons, the process was easy to follow and the price was reasonable.

Reasons for choosing AuctionWorx Enterprise

I chose Auction Worx because I was able to speak to a rep and have a live tour of the system.

Reasons for switching to AuctionWorx Enterprise

Easy Auction was not easy to set up and customer service was horrible.

Nancy