What are Auctria users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Auctria software through verified user reviews

• icon"Their tech support was great during our set up process. The appearance of the auction site was really good."
  • icon"The Dashboard was so extremely useful for referencing important information quickly. All our board members were very enthusiastic about how wonderful the Auctria format was."
  • icon"The ease of use and ability to create an online catalog quickly and professionally made Auctria a fairly easy choice for our non-profit fundraising auction."
  • icon"Sometimes our team struggled to understand some of the features of the software or how to integrate features into the website."
  • icon"That was very frustrating. There was no customer service available on weekends."
  • icon"It’s confusing for guests. The guest update screen is a huge mess and creates problems when updating and linking."

Browse all Auctria Reviews

• Have you used Auctria and would like to share your experience with others?

Cäcille

The BEST bang for your buck and more

Overall, for having this be the first and only auction software I've ever used, this has been an amazing experience. I loved learning the ins and outs of Auctria, and strongly recommend it for smaller auctions, and if the slight kinks are worked out, strongly recommend it for big auctions. There's a lot of potential with Auctria, and I'm hoping they succeed. I think they will

Pros

I loved most everything Auctria has to offer. 1.) The team there is phenomenal. I don't think I've ever gotten such instant quality support on anything so consistently in my ENTIRE life. Literally, when I send a support email, I expect a reply back in maybe a day or two. Auctria responds in less than 3 hours, sometimes in literally HALF an hour. amazing. 2.) Even without all my nonsense questions, the guides that Auctria has are very detailed and I could relatively easily figure everything out myself – which I mostly did, but it's nice having the Auctria team to ask questions to. Especially since they're so accessible! 3.) Their features to capture donor information is second to none. My favorite thing about Auctria is how they made the capture of information BEFORE the event so simple and easy. The only thing that sucks was having to input "guest" information at the event, but Auctria tied every guest to the purchaser, so even then, they covered bases by allowing us to know who to contact if we needed something from someone. 4.) From silent auctions, to online, to even live, Auctria literally covers everything so well and seamlessly. 5.) Checking out final bids is so easy. no chasing down people for cc information – with maybe one or two who for some reason chose not to register their card.

Cons

1.) Auctria's only con that I found so far was with it's app and online bidding. I didn't find online bidding so seamless, when someone needs either an email address/bidding number and a password in order to log in. As I was testing the app, I found befuddled on why someone needed a password, and found that some people weren't able to make a password, effectively not allowing them to bid online. I rectified this with having online kiosks, but we definitely lost some money because of this. We might not use Auctria next year because of this which saddens me. Making the online bidding process simpler though would make my team change their minds I'm sure.

Response from Auctria

Thanks for sharing your auction story. Happy to read Auctria surpassed your expectation for support help. Thanks for sharing the simplicity you found with the program. Regarding the mobile app and access- bidders can be sent or given an access code to sign into the app or website without needing to set up a password. Please reach out to help@auctria.com so we can share more information and more details. Thanks for being our cheerleader and hope all your fundraising goals are surpassed.

Replied May 2019

Pam

Industry: Law Practice

2022 fundraising dinner

Other than not being able to trust the training webinars have the most up-to-date information, the software was wasy to use.

Pros

Buyers and bidders found the system easy to use and navigate. Checking volunteers reported the software was very easy to learn and use.

Cons

I used the training webinars instructions to do initial set up of sponsorships. When they system wasn't working correctly, I called the help desk thinking maybe I missed a step. The help desk person told me that while I had followed the instructions correctly, the training webinars gave outdated information, then provided me with updated instructions. This wasted several hours of my time; watching the webinar, setting up the system per instructions, trying to troubleshoot, then calling, and finally implementing the correct procedure.

Reasons for choosing Auctria

Advice of Auctioneer that Auctira was easier to use for a small non-profit without a dedicated fundraising staff.

Advice of Auctioneer company

Response from Auctria

Oh Pam, so sorry for your frustration. We are constantly updating the platform for peak performance. We will review the video and make adjustments. Thanks for sharing. On the other hand love reading that your buyers and bidders found the platform very easy to use. Thanks for using Auctria.

Valerie

One of the Best Customer Service I've ever experienced

Again, this is our second year. The support cannot be overstated. The feedback we got from participants in the Auction all mentioned -How fun the Auction was! Everyone was very engaged. The check out was practically seamless-even for many of our (much older/non tech saavy participants) We asked for guidance on several issues (length of the Auction bidding, kick-off) and all advice was spot-on! We made a very ambitious goal of $25,000. We were absolutely thrilled.

Pros

Auctria site is very easy to set up and use. This is the Second year we have used this site. It is very intuitive and the Help features are (surprise) really helpful. We had an Emerald plan and found the Concierge service to be extraordinary! So quick. A couple of times we had issues (user errors) and COncierge (Mostly Elizabeth Thorn) was quick to answer and extremely helpful.

Cons

There is a little glitch at check out-people have to check that they agree with the terms -however there is no box.

Recommendations from others.

Response from Auctria

Congratulations on hitting your goal, YOU are the hero! Thanks for the shout-out to the concierge team, we will celebrate Elizabeth! Thanks for using Auctria.

Kate

Industry: Fund-Raising

For the price, it can't be beat

We used a different software for our first paddle raise fundraiser and it was sort of a disaster. It didn't have the functionalities that Auctria does, like sending out automatic receipts and customizable website. This year we're working on adding the mobile auction feature to increase our money raised.

Pros

Honestly, the price. It is SO much less expensive and has most of the same bells and whistles as more expensive software. It accomplished everything we needed.

Cons

The aesthetics of the site design could use some work. It would be amazing if it integrated smoothly with a more established web-building platform like Squarespace or Wix, but I realize that would likely affect the price.

Price

Reasons for switching to Auctria

The price, and Charity Auctions Today seemed to get frustrated with our learning curve in learning the software. There are also more resources to get help for Auctria.

Response from Auctria

Thanks Kate for taking the time to leave a review. I'm already looking forward to your continued success with your next auction utilizing the mobile app. FYI, in the Welcome Back to Fall 2019 webinar we talk about some best practices with the mobile app. The webinar ran in August (and can be viewed for playback; and we are conducting another live webinar, same content 9/25. Webinars are open to everyone and always free. Are you referring to the dedicated auction website? If so, I have good news- this is being upgraded right now and in final testing. Please reach out if we can provide any additional help, hello@auctria.com

Replied September 2019

Wendy

We had to Pivot

I've had a wonderful experience using Auctria, so much so I've taken it with me to my next job, I've recommended it to sever other nonprofits and will continue to use it. I am a customer for life.

Pros

With COVID and all in-person events being canceled now for 1.5 years, we nonprofits had to pivot and find alternate ways to raise funds. Auctria's online auction software was easy to use and I was able to create online auctions to replace my in-person events quickly and with ease. It is user-friendly, they have wonderful support staff, it is easy for customers to use as well.

Cons

When I first started using Auctria in early 2000, I was concerned there was no phone support, but the customer service via email worked out just fine.

Reasons for choosing Auctria

Price, I chose Auctria for the price. With the pandemic shutting everything down and being a nonprofit, I had to look for something that wouldn't cost a lot upfront as I didn't know much about online auctions at the time. Also, if it wasn't successful I did not want to put a lot of upfront money into this. Now that I am more seasoned with online auctions, I would still choose Auctria, as it is so user-friendly, it is not too complex, and I feel it works well with the size of events we host.

Response from Auctria

"I am a customer for life," thank you Wendy for the very kind words and for recommending Auctria to others. We appreciate you.

Replied June 2021

Anne

Auctria auction review

We had a successful auction but my overall rating of auctria was a 6-7 out of 10 only because I feel there are some kinks they need to work on.

Pros

I liked that the customer service was quick to respond, I liked that the website portion was easy to use and create once I watched the tutorial.

Cons

I didn't like that the customer service reps weren't available for calls or instant messaging help. I didn't like how difficult it was to set up the credit card system I didn't like how difficult it was to set up the kiosk part

Response from Auctria

Thanks for the feedback Anne. As you stated Auctria's customer service is web/email/ message based and not phone support. This allows us to keep the license fee very low and more money in the pocket of the fundraiser. We do run webinars regularly, these are live events and we do open it up to Q&A at the end. If you missed a topic they webinars are available for playback too. Love for you or your team to join us. Sorry you had difficulty setting up the cc, our support team is always here to help. The good part is once its set up it's done, so there are no additional set-ups for your next auction fundraiser. Our support team is always nearby, please reachout- hello@auctria.com

Replied August 2019

Mary

Industry: Philanthropy

Very Happy with the Product

Pros

I have used 3-4 different auction apps and this one is by far the easiest to use and most reasonably priced. There is always a learning curve to new software, but I found this one pretty easy to learn and all the volunteers picked it up pretty easy. Check-out went pretty fast and efficiently.

Cons

None really, all auction software has some parts that do not make sense to everyone.

Reasons for choosing Auctria

Greater Giving was clunky, Rally up seemed okay.

Reasons for switching to Auctria

Greater Giving was too expensive and cumbersome. It feels old fashion and clunky.

Response from Auctria

Thanks, Mary for sharing your experience not only with Auctria but also a few other services. So happy to read that over multiple years Auctria is your choice. Hope you crush the fundraising goals for many years to come.

Replied February 2022

Mary

Robust, Affordable Auction Software

Pros

I recommend Auctria to my clients over competitors like Greater Giving because it is more affordable and has similar functionality, if not more functionality because there are more options to customize. I enjoy utilizing the Auction Monitor to show guests the thermometer in real time during virtual events. The customer support is also very responsive and very helpful.

Cons

Though there are many features available with this software, that can also make it confusing and not entirely user friendly. The backend is not as simple as other platforms and it does take a significant chunk of time to get everything setup for your event.

Response from Auctria

Thanks, Mary for taking the time to leave this review. Thanks for noting that Auctria is full-featured yet priced affordably. Yes, all the features do make for a learning curve. There is a robust User Guide with screenshots and videos. If you get stuck please reach out to our support team, always happy to help! We appreciate all feedback.

Replied May 2021

Keleigh

May 2022

Auctria: Top notch software and customer service

I think I'm on my fifth golf tournament and 8th online auction now. After using the software ourselves for several years, a small group from my Rotary club got together to help other non-profits in our area set up Auctria and run their auctions online during the pandemic. This was right before that service was offered by the Auctria staff. Each group we helped more than tripled their anticipated revenues! I believe they will continue to use the software after returning to in-person events.

Pros

I can duplicate a past auction and have a new one up in running in less than an hour - with full customization.

Cons

When I'm training someone to, for example, just check people in, the learning curve is steeper than I'd like. It would be nice to have a few portals for common tasks such as check-in, check-out, adding products, adding donors.

Reasons for choosing Auctria

Ultimately this was the only auction product with the price + features we needed.

Response from Auctria

Thank you so much for recognizing Auctria as "Top Notch" for both platform and customer service. Your detailed review here will for sure help others realize you don't have to sacrifice features for the price. Auctria knows that organizations are fundraising for amazing charities and we want to make it efficient and affordable for all. re: check in/out we JUST did a mini video on this, however, there are so many ways group set up their own registration process it's hard to provide a global message. A portal to narrow down is great feedback and will be shared with the dev team.

Katie

March 2022

We love this software. A couple minor changes and it would be perfect.

Great!

Pros

We like the ease of use for both administrators and the bidders.

Cons

We would like for there to be options for bidders to remain anonymous rather than an all public and all anonymous. Some like to bid against their friends and drive up the bids, some don’t want to bid against friends and want to be anonymous. Currently it’s an all or nothing thing. Secondly, the max bid would be better if it only put your bid to the next highest increment. Then if someone else bids it goes one increment higher until it hits your max bod. Other softwares we have used have this and it makes the bidding process more fun for those that like it and also makes it super easy for those that want to bid and walk away for a bit.

Response from Auctria

Katie, we love that you love the Auctria platform. Thank you SO much for the feedback regarding the bidding anonymity options. We are working on the next version of Auctria and will share your comments with the development team. When you share it helps us grow stronger. For that we are grateful!

AnnMarie

March 2022

Easy to use with tons of features

Overall this product is good, easy to use which is key since you don't get any training.

Pros

It is very intuitive. It has a lot of features integrated such as printing auction catalog, bid sheets, emailing invoices or receipts to your constituents. The search feature is strong. Overall it is easy to use if you have the time to figure it out.

Cons

NO phone support unless you PAY and even then, you only get it for the day of your event. On on event days, I usually need the answers quickly so having to email support my questions and wait for a reply is not the best use of my time. Even when you get a reply, they usually just send you a link to an article on how to whatever you're asking. I am an auditory learner, so this is not the way my brain works. I would MUCH prefer unlimited phone support like I get with Salsa CRM.

Reasons for choosing Auctria

I am wondering if Auctria could do the things we use Salsa for?

Response from Auctria

Ann Marie thanks for taking the time to leave this review. We feel you on the auditory learner. We are in the process of adding walk-through videos to the User Guide. As you noted our support is email and chat. This gives us the ability to view lots of details of your event so we can respond to your exact needs. In addition, this allows us to keep our pricing extremely competitive --> more money stays in the pocket of the non-profit organization.

Quinn

Fantastic service

We were able to put our whole event website and catalog together in less than a week, and when we ran into any issues, the incredible help team went above and beyond, at one point working late into the night with us to get everything ready in time. Once we saw how good our auction looked, we upped our goal by $5K, and then went live. Auctria is more than a great value, it's a fantastic tool for any virtual fundraiser!!

Pros

The most fun feature was that everyone could see bids happen in real time! We hit our goal, and many of our supporters let us know that they had tons of fun seeing bids roll in, so I consider seeing the bids in real time to be an important motivator for hitting our goal. The most useful feature was the mass upload function for photos and descriptions. We had 500 items, and could never have launched on time without this feature!

Cons

The backend portal to build the website was a bit limited — for example, I would have liked to be able to change the colors on the Donate buttons to match the rest of our custom colors. However, it was still better than what I saw with other products, and once we got the hang of it, it was easy to use.

Reasons for choosing Auctria

The batch upload function was our primary reason for choosing Auctria, but in addition to that, the user experience was so much more refined, streamlined, and customizable, and the pricing was much more affordable, so more of our funds went toward our mission.

Reasons for switching to Auctria

OneCause really messed up my last event, with no way to fix it, and cost 20x more than Auctria. We're a smal organization, so the pricetag was too much for us, but at the time we thought it might increase our revenue from paper bid sheets and wanted to give it a try. Using Auctria was an easy switch because we didn't need the live auction functionality, and now that I've used it, I think we'll continue with Auctria for all events in the future.

Response from Auctria

Thank you Quinn for the very detailed review. I do hope this will help others make a favorable decision to use Auctria. "We hit our goall" is the what we love reading the most! fyi- yes, you can edit the donate button colors on the website, if you want help for next time (or if you have the website still up for ongoing donations) email us hello@auctria.com and we can help.

Replied September 2020

Sandy

Auctria

Pros

Bidding on Auction items with ease and notifications were on point

Cons

None that I am aware of it is very easy to use and manage

Response from Auctria

Happy to read this succinct review "Bidding on Auctria items with ease and notifications were on point." Auctria is celebrating its 11 year anniversary and as noted the platform is very stable and very reliable. Thanks for the 5 stars across the board!

Molly

Auctria Review

Overall, Auctria helped run our auction smoother. Now that I have used it once, using it in the future will be a lot easier. The price is unbeatable for what you get.

Pros

The software is very easy to use. Check in and check out was easy for people to pick up.

Cons

I didn't like that checkout didn't include what the items where. Check out people had to go to the bidder profile and then to checkout. There is a lot of features which is wonderful but it would have been nice to have someone consult us before so we knew what features we needed and others that we didn't. The software is not very user friendly to individuals that have visual difficulties. When you invert the colors, it is very hard to see buttons.

Reasons for choosing Auctria

The price of Auctria was great and it had all the features I wanted. We did not want to go to a full mobile bidding auction. Auctria allowed us to still do the paper bid sheets but made putting the auction together easy with the printing and check out features.

Response from Auctria

Thank Molly for using Auctria for fundraising with Clarity Clinic of SW Wisconsin, LTD. Happy to read that you find check in and checkout easy. Please reach to our support team for help using any features. Email: hello@auctria.com or in-app messaging. We truly want you to have the best auction fundraising experience possible. Regarding checkout and items is a bit upsetting, this is the core of the platform streamlining donor-item-bidding-checkout. During checkout all items, donations, for sale purchases are on the checkout screens as well as bidder statements. By default bidder Bidder statements will show all the activity: items won, purchases, donations and payments from bidders. Bidder statements can be further modified to include or exclude: item description, item value, & tax deductible status. Thanks for taking the time to leave these details so we can help. Hope all your future bids soar!

Replied October 2019

Joyce

Auction Feedback

Overall great experience working with Auctria in shifting in-person lice auctions to virtual auctions during the pandemic. Support teams have been fantastic in assisting with website startup.

Pros

Ability to effectively run virtual auctions and start up a website fairly quickly.

Cons

Some features should be improved for ease of use i.e leverage the item types to sequence the items in the online catalog.

Reasons for choosing Auctria

Recommended by another organization in our community.

Response from Auctria

Thanks for the shout-out to the support team noting the fantastic assistance with the website.

Albertha

Best Auction Software

Wonderful- raised over $20k with only me running the program. (Others helped in other capacities)

Pros

Auctria makes running any auction- live, silent or online easy. Supported by great staff- and completely affordable

Cons

A bit of computer know how required. Pretty easy pick up

Response from Auctria

Albertha, $20K with just you running the program, thank you for sharing! Frequently people ask us, is this hard, how many people do we need to help? This answers those questions. Thanks for the shout-out out to the support team too. Thanks for using Auctria.

Nicole

Does a Great job

We are able to easily see data from past auctions, keep up with donors and donations, as well as sell various items to bidders that aren't part of the auction.

Pros

I like the ease of inputting donor information as well as keeping track of auction items

Cons

I feel like the website is not very user friendly

Response from Auctria

Glad to read you found data input was easy to use. Love to know more about how we can improve the website usage. We try to make it as open as possible for groups to customize. This can make it more complex as a user so ti's a tradeoff. To help we JUST created another 3 templates, there is even a school one. Hope that helps you plug-n-play for the next event with Auctria. Thanks for using Auctria, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Most importantly thanks for raising money for education, PTAs are so vital to student success!

Christine

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Great value

So thankful for this product!

Pros

The ease of the use and the capabilities within the software

Cons

Nothing really. It was a great product!!

Cost

Response from Auctria

Thanks for stating "So thankful for this product!" We are thankful for Principals like you that use Auctria and make this world a little better each day!

Zach

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

March 2022

Auctria best software for auctions

Pros

Ease of use for someone who has never been part of an auction. Customer service was awesome as well.

Cons

Nothing. We liked everything about the software and couldn’t find anything bad.

Response from Auctria

Zach, potential customers ask us all the time, "will this be hard??" So glad you answered that question from personal experience. "Ease of use for someone who has never been part of an auction." Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

Andrea

School virtual auction

Fantastic. Reliable. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was always available and willing to help

Pros

Easy to use. Reliable customer service.

Cons

We felt that the uploads took a bit longer than expected. No big deal

Reasons for choosing Auctria

Trial run was easy to access. Feedback from other schools

Response from Auctria

Thanks for noting the trial run with Auctria easy to access. Our demo is available to anyone, full version, for unlimited time. We believe this is the best way to test-drive the platform. Thanks for using Auctria, hope this is the first of many years.

Replied December 2020

Kristin

Excellent platform for Fundraising Events

Excellent. Can’t wait to use again! Their customer service was outstanding and they are very thorough when answering questions!!!

Pros

We were so pleased with Auctria’s platform for our fundraiser. It is super user friendly and we were able to get questions answered so quickly through messaging. Our event went smoothly from beginning to end, thanks to Auctria’s help! We will definitely be using the software next year as well and have recommended to other event Leaders to uses as well.

Cons

Not much we didn’t like!!! I would love for Auctria to possibly offer/list with permission, those in your area that have used the software and are familiar with the website so that if there is someone in your area, they would be able to meet you to train and discuss how it went and any hiccups along the way!

Reasons for choosing Auctria

Because of price and customer service and no pressure phone calls.

Response from Auctria

Love the title to this review "Excellent platform for Fundraising Events". Your genuine and kind words regarding Auctria are appreciated. Your recommendation to others is flattering. Re: the note about finding other Auctria auction teams- we are active on Facebook and the page is OPEN for posts. Feel free to post on there to reach others in your region. Hope all your future bids soar!

Replied October 2019

Rebecca

Auctria user for years

Was able to create a very customised website that looked very good and worked great and run a silent auction for a very reasonable price.

Pros

For the price compared to other programs, this is wonderful. It could use a few more bells & whistles, but what you can create with it is very professional and certainly good enough. You can create a very individual and custom website to serve your needs. It has more features than some of the way way more expensive programs.

Cons

The search feature for administrators trying to find directions on how to do something. It was frustrating typing in every synonym and still not being able to find the information. Also, had to use another software program to run a raffle. Would really like that feature to be incorporated into Auctria.

Reasons for choosing Auctria

Functionality and price. Basically more for less.

Reasons for switching to Auctria

Not customizable enough for our purposes and the price was three times as much. Limited functionality.

Response from Auctria

Thanks for the 10/10 likelihood to recommend on this review. Thanks for the feedback on the admin user guide, we are always working on improving it. Trying to balance search/ pages/ keywords/ anticipating what a user is looking for. If you want to share specifics please email us hello@auctria.com. re: raffles, you can sell raffle tickets on Auctria. It would be set up like selling any other merchandise. However, you need to download the list to choose a raffle winner. Hopefully, that may help in the future. Thank yo so much for taking the time to leave a review. Thanks for fundraising for a charity making the world a little brighter each day!

Joan

Industry: Music

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Review of The Monterey County Pops! 2020 Uncorked! Online Fundraiser Using Auctria Software

Everyone ~ our board members, friends and family who bid on items and others who just checked us out ~ all were very impressed with the format and the ease of moving around the auction items and the readability of each of the pages. It was a very positive experience for all of us!

Pros

For me, as the Chairperson of the Uncorked! Fundraiser, I really appreciated the organization of all the categories. Everything about the software was thorough and comprehensive and included all the essential information on the bidders on the donation items. I loved the way the bidding was tracked and bidders were notified of their status. The Dashboard was so extremely useful for referencing important information quickly. All our board members were very enthusiastic about how wonderful the Auctria format was. In fact, at our last board meeting, they confirmed that they want to go forward with doing the same thing again with Auctria for our 2021 fundraiser~ it was such a positive experience! And I as the Chairperson, am especially grateful for the help that I received whenever I had a question ~ I got my answer via email right away! Super impressive!

Cons

Perhaps you could make it more clear that after a bidder wins an item, they need to go back and complete the transaction. A few of our bidders thought that since they had already submitted their credit card information, that their credit card would automatically be debited. After a week or so of non-payment, I had to remind them to go back on the website and complete the transaction.

Reasons for choosing Auctria

Another local fundraiser, Santa Lucia Highlands Wine Artisans Association, used Auctria and the excecutive director told me that she was very pleased with everything that Auctria did for them and she explained why. That was enough for me to settle on Auctria after a lot of comparison.

Response from Auctria

Thank you for taking the time to provide details here. This will certainly help others! Happy to read from the Chairperson, to the board members to the bidders all were delighted. Looks like you did lots of research and the referral from a local organization is kind. Your note here is very kind! Thank you for using Auctria. Hope you crushed your fundraising goal! Re: bidder close-out can be batched by the admin post event if there is a credit card on file. This give the organization much more control over the finances. If you want some help for next time please drop us an email hello@auctria.com.

Replied February 2021

Lisa

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

First Time Online Auction - Went So SMOOTH!

This was our first year with an online auction. Typically we have a live auction 2 a year for our church. At first we were using paper tickets only and at the end it was a nightmare trying to calculate everyone's totals as they were waiting in line to pay. Over the years I have used Excel, MS Access and even Google Forms and Sheets. After last year's auction I decided I wanted an easier program and started looking. I had come up with another option but then COVID hit and another church used Auctria. They raved about it - so I looked into it. It really is easy to use. We did have a few people call the church office to ask some questions about registering and I received some emails for password resets (I just clicked the "send access token" button on their bidder page) and that was it! We are definitely going to use this even when we go back to the Live Auction. We had several parishioners that really enjoyed bidding online (and believe me - not many were happy about it at first - people don't like change!) Several parishioners have asked if we will have a hybrid auction next year - part done online and go to Live. We are working out how we want to handle it, but know we will do some sort of combination next year. We had several buyers that would not normally have been at our picnic and bid this year. We had bidders that didn't win anything make a donation anyway. All in all it was a successful first foray!

Pros

This is a very robust system - has a ton of capabilities - but it is VERY EASY to use! I took time to set up the auction at the beginning. I went through EVERY TAB to make sure that I had all of the setting the way we wanted them. I was able to chat with customer service and they were EXTREMELY helpful! Even on the weekends - when they should have been off - they still answered very quickly. They were able to code in some special requests for reports for me. They listened to product enhancement suggestions. I liked the ability to paste a photo link for the items. I used a lightbox to photograph most items and I uploaded to my Google Account. I was easily able to get the photo address and paste it in item. Worked great! I also used the photo editing when I needed to add "Picture is a Representation". Very easy to use!

Cons

I wish that when bidders registered they could put in their company name as well. For us it is super important to recognize the company name as well as the person from the company. Both need the recognition. I ended up adding the company name (when I knew it) to the First and Last Name fields. Sometimes I found the reporting cumbersome. I wanted to be able to see all of the items that were being bid on and see the bidder, with the price as well as the donor. A good snapshot report of everything. I was finally able to create something but I didn't see an easy way to add that to a "Favorites" Section. I kept forgetting where I finally found the report. Would be a nice add. I did use the save the view function. But I just could never remember which report to pull. :)

Reasons for choosing Auctria

Other churches in our area used Auctria so I was able to get personal feedback on how easy it was to use.

Reasons for switching to Auctria

I was the only one that was comfortable using them. I needed to be able to hand this off to someone when I can no longer do it myself.

Response from Auctria

Lisa- gigantic thank you for taking time out of your day to leave a lovely detailed review. I do hope others find it useful. It sounds like it was time for your group to shift to a more sophisticated auction system- so happy you chose Auctria. Moving from paper tickets, excel and google form & sheets hopefully save you quite a bit of time. You are an incredible resource for your church!! RE; company name, good news- you can add that as a required field for registration, this can be found under Registration Options--> Ask for bidder's company-->yes/no. RE: saving reports as favorites has come up before too, I'll add your vote for plus one to that one! Thanks for feedback- it is always appreciated as we continuously try to improve. Congratulations to you and Queen of the Holy Rosary on a successful event!

Replied October 2020

Susan

Industry: Public Safety

"Take a Taste Out of Crime Online" First Time

While using an online auction website for the first time did involve much work and a lot of learning, in hindsight, it was much easier and less complicated than I thought it would be. Kudos to a top-notch support team; each representative was spot-on with prompt responses and (very patient) assistance. If found the Facebook page extremely helpful; I appreciated the Facebook group where I could pose questions to "experienced" event planners in search of best practices used by others. We have been toying with adding online bidding options to our in-person event for several years. We have received such overwhelming and positive response to the auction (professional appearance, ease of use), we have begun talking about how to perhaps incorporate technology (Auctria's platform!) in our 2021 event.

Pros

Since 2015 and prior to this year, we had been using the Auctria platform for our in-person event which included upwards of 160 silent auction items, 18 bucket raffles items, and "big item" raffles. It worked well to house sponsor and donor data as well as auction item information and details. Printing up pen-to-paper bid sheets was easy and simple. With COVID19 restrictions, we had to move our fundraiser to an virtual event. Since much of our data was already entered into Auctria, it was easy to re-categorizing pieces from "silent" to "online." It was turn-key! Everything was linked and automatically connected to the auction website catalog pages. Our task then became taking and uploading pictures (using a phone camera!), and creating a website.

Cons

I found that some of the website templates for the auction website were cumbersome and limiting. In adding verbiage to the website homepage, I would have liked to have had more flexibility in font size choices and clearer information about padding and margins in text row blocks (this was the first time I have ever used a negative margin setting!!). My work around was to create a JPG text block and upload it as a picture. While not a software issue, I found the User Guide drill-down method for linking additional information difficult to follow. Often times, I would click on links which suggested other links, which suggested even more links, and I would fink myself lost looking for the solution or answer to a question. On the other hand, tech support is amazing!

Response from Auctria

Susan- thanks for hi-lighting the FB Group Auction Team Talk in this review. We are happy you found it useful. To anyone else looking to connect with other auction teams & experts please join us. Glad to see read your fundraiser was a success!

Replied July 2020