Browse Handbid Reviews

Sahil from OATI

It is the best software for events related to auctions.

Pros

So far i have used so many bidding apps but this is the best one among them.I am using this app from past few months you can bid from anywhere across the globe in this app.Its very convenient for the sellers or auction organisers as well.They can invite bunch of people to their auctions without doing any physical work and the user interface of this app is very attractive yet simple.

Cons

I haven't come across any serious issue so far but there should be a feature to invite those bidders which were active in our previous auctions.

Gaelan from Holidays for Heroes

Easy to use Software, highly thought out and beautiful

I did a demo with all of the top auction software on the market and Handbid was by far the best interface (easy to look at) and well worth the investment. It was very easy and fun to put my silent auction items in the system. Guests and volunteers were blown away by how nice everything looked on their phones and iPads. We had almost the same items as the auction last year (with about 25 extra) and made double what we made last year, totalling $46,000. I put our live auction items in for an extra boost of advertising. We also used Handbid to collect funds for a paddle raise. The check out process was very easy and intuitive. Swipping credit cards is incredibly easy, as well as importing a contact spreadsheet before the event, little things that really speed up the process. During the auction (and after) I noticed the Handbid system slowed down a bit. You have to be patient while items save, but it is updated real time in the system (so guests could see an update right away). Besides speeding up the system, I have only one more suggestion. I would love to see more information on Handbid TV, especially a live update on winning bidder on each auction item and the current price. I think this would create a lot of competition within the audience. I will definitely use Handbid again next year if this is an update you can make. The customer service was great. Out of 500 guests, only 3 people told me they would prefer the old-school method of paper bidding. However, I believe this was because we didn't have enough iPad volunteers available, next year I will station one at each auction table. There are many organizations on the island that are now interested in using Handbid.

Pros

beautiful design

Cons

not being able to have a live stream of the current highest bidder, with item and price. This is something that BidPal software does.

Jeanine from Habitat for Humanity® of Rabun County

Digital Auction Software

Handbid has allowed us to take our auction online. But I'm not sure we couldn't have done the same thing via FB Marketplace.

Pros

We used this software because they are partners with MobileCause. So that was what we liked most. They supposedly worked seamlessly with our fundraising software.

Cons

We have been underwhelmed with the partnership between the two and the general ease of use of Handbid. Customer service is slow, if they answer you at all. Our users find the software clunky and slow. With COVID, we have had to our auction and event completely virtual and Handbid was not ready for that transition. This was our first year with MobileCause, so we learned that brand new software--then we had to turn around and learn a brand new software program with Handbid. We are a small nonprofit, so it was pretty overwhelming.

Reasons for Choosing Handbid

We were told this would be seamless and easy. That has not been the case.

Donna from Habitat for Humanity Susquehanna

Habitat Dream Builder's Ball

Habitat Susquehanna was first non-profit in Harford County, MD to try mobile bidding at its annual event. It was exciting for everyone (some were a little reticent, but those who ventured into the future LOVED it), we raised more money on our Silent Auction than ever before, and will use it for the 3rd year in 2017. Our second auction had a higher participation level including people who followed the auction online but did not attend the event. Uploading info took only as long as the size of the auction and back office help was responsive and helpful. I DO recommend having a Handbid rep at your event; it's worth it! Any snags were dealt with quickly and efficiently and a good time was had by all.

Pros

The software had a learning curve, for sure, but once you get the hang of it, it's very easy to follow. The 'bugs' from our first year were improved for our second year, and I am sure that this year will be our easiest yet. From the perspective of the guests, it was like playing a videogame at an event except it was acceptable to be staring at your phone!

Cons

The phone version requires guests to realize where/when to swipe in order to see the details of an auction item.

Josh from Foundation for Prader-Willi Research

1st Annual Success

The entire process was seamless: from check-in, silent auction, live auction, paddle raise, wine pull and check-out. All I heard all night from our guests was, "Check-in was a breeze" and "this app is cool". If I had to find one thing about the app that I might change is to be able to assign a cork number to an actual person (maybe there is a way to do this already), but I have 10 bottles that I need to get the respective owner and I have no idea who they belong to. At the end of the day it doesn't matter really, but that would be a nicety. Also, my event planner friend that helped us out that night commented about how nice the layout was and how easy to use the it was compared to others she had used before.

Pros

I liked the customizations that you could tweak. We didn't use this feature, but I really like the handbid TV option as well which allows your audience to see a live updated dashboard into what is going on during the night.

Marisa from McGraw-Hill Education

Handbid is a great online auction resource

Everyone I've worked with at Handbid has been very helpful and friendly. The bidders in our auction appreciated the service Handbid offers and the ease of easing the website and mobile app.

Pros

I've used Handbid for several years now and I love the ease of it. The interface is quick and easy to get onto and jump right in whether you are an administrator adding details for your auction or you are logging into the phone app to bid on an auction.

Cons

For our non-profit, the fee for credit card payments was an unfortunate expense but understandably so given Handbid has to recoup their credit card processing fees.

allison from Immanuel Christian School

Our First Auction with Handbid

After doing a lot of research with a number of companies, our school purchased Handbid for our 2016 school gala and auction. We had an excellent experience with a lot of good feedback from guests who attended the gala and others who bid from a remote location. We enjoyed the process of building the app for our gala and received prompt replies from our account manager when we had questions. One recommendation we hope Handbid will consider is a process to generate an auction booklet from the app. With more than 100 items listed at our event, it would have been a huge time saver to have this capability on the back end. We look forward to using Handbid again during the current school year.

Pros

The ease of use when building our event.

Cons

We had a few bumps along the way but were typically able to get the help with needed from Handbid.

Ashlie from DFW Strong

The Fountain of Youth in Auctions Found at Handbid

After years in event management, there is finally a platform that takes the details of revenue components and turns it into a user-friendly system. The back-end component is worth its weight in gold! We had two weeks to plan and execute an event on the brink of the tragedy in Dallas after July 7th and by using Handbid our goals were more than exceeded in revenue. Our bidders at the venue and around the world enjoyed the app, the game like feel of the bidding process, and the checkout process. NO MORE LINES or PAPER BIDDING!!

Pros

Ease of use for the management team as well as event guests.

Cons

We didn't find this software sooner.

Jacqueline from Foundation For Prader-Willi Research

Working with Handbid is such a pleasant experience!

Working in the event industry, I have had the opportunity to work with multiple auction software companies. Working with Handbid has been the best experience, by far! The application was extremely easy to configure and their customer service team was there every step of the way to answer any questions we had. Our staff and volunteers were able to make edits and updates quite quickly and more importantly our attendees were able to sign up, check-in, check-out, and bid with ease. We loved the features handbid provided like being able to send alerts through out the event to promote an item/encourage an attendee to visit a specific area of the auction. This allowed us to ensure our auction got the exposure it needed without interrupting the event experience for the guests. I would highly recommend Handbid! We will continue to use them for all of our future events and look forward to the same success.

Virginia from Silver & Black Give Back / Spurs Sports & Entertainment

Awesome, awesome, awesome!

The best part of using Handbid is the customer service. They are always readily available for questions, concerns or suggestions. Think what really impressed me was when we had an issue closing our auction late at night and contacted their customer service and was provided an answer immediately despite the hour.

Pros

User friendly. App based and web based. Live time updates.

Cons

Broadcast messages don't necessarily reach everyone who's viewed your auction (the "browsers") but only people who have checked in as "bidders". Also not a way to notify bidders directly from the app/web that have previously been active in your auctions about a new auction you are running.

laurel from KiliTech

Industry: Fund-Raising

Handbid is a winner!

We had our first fundraising experience and hired Handbid to manage the silent auction. We were able to raise exponentially more money using Handbid, and our guests loved the Handbid app on their smartphones! The staff did a great job managing the event, helping us with the auction items, and running the auction. The reports generated after the event are detailed and informative. I recommend to others considering Handbid to fully understand the various levels of service. The more services you sign up for (at a fee) the easier the experience will be for you. If you have people who are willing to dedicate 100% of their time for the auction you can probably use fewer of the services, but the auction is important enough and complicated enough that it is worth paying Handbid more for the majority of the services that they offer in order to have everything go smoothly and with fewest complications.

Pros

Modern look and feel, ability to reach more people, makes the silent auction a lot of fun!

Cons

Not intuitive, need considerable help and support to manage the silent auction to ensure the photos, descriptions, amounts, signing people up, and other communications go smoothly.

Response from Handbid

Replied September 2016

We were honored to help Tony & Laurel Werner manage their first ever fundraiser. As Laurel said, their event was a huge success in terms of funds raised & the positive guest feedback. We want to clarify the additional services we provided Kilitech in addition to our auction software. Because it was their first event & due to their busyness/travel, they contracted us to setup & manage event registration, organize the auction items, write & edit item descriptions, attach photos, & load all data into Handbid prior to the event. At the event, we provided staff that managed checkin, helped bidders, worked with the live auctioneer to record live & paddle raise winners, & managed checkout. Our team also was responsible for setting up the auction area & creating the display sheets. Post auction we completed custom reports for Kilitech. Most of our customers take on this work on their own (do-it-yourself (DIY)). However, if you are in need of more assistance, we can provide that for you!

Debbie from Children's Discovery Museum of San Jose

Industry: Museums and Institutions

September 2016

Cost effective auction software!

We've used Handbid for 5 years now. It has grown leaps and bounds each year. Our event attendees love it as do we. Our only gripe is resizing photos is a pain - if they allowed you to edit the photos within the platform all would be perfect! It's made paper bidding sheets a thing of the past. Having our guests bid from their seats in the ballroom is awesome as the auction tables are out in the foyer. Handbid's customer service rocks! We only have one auction a year, so they patiently retrain us before our annual event. I've looked at other options, but the combination of features and price wins us over each time.

LeKeshia from Little Pink Houses of Hope

Handbid

We love Handbid and usually run anywhere from 50-75 items on it three times a year for our event which gets viewed nationally using Handbid.

Pros

This is used for our event silent auction and runs 3 week prior to the event as well as used the night of the event for our live auction. We love the ease of setting up the items as well as for the bidders the process all the way through is very smooth.

Cons

We don't have any cons using this and love the feasibility of having everything on line versus in the past at the event on clipboards.

Celina from Belle Isle Conservancy

It's Ok

Pros

I like that Handbid allows customization of auctions based on individual event needs. You can also customize the allowed time for bids to be entered, when the auction is over, etc.

Cons

I think overall the software is a bit confusing and not very easy to use, especially for customers. It carries out its purpose, it's just a bit confusing.

Reasons for Choosing Handbid

I was not on the purchasing end, I just help train people on how to use it and implement it for certain events

Lauren from Easter Seals Cardinal Hill

First Time Mobile Bidding User

This was the first time our non-profit organization has used a mobile bidding platform and we have been really happy with Handbid! The customer service is fantastic and the team was really helpful in the days and weeks before our event. We utilized the Knowledge Base throughout the planning process. We highly recommend Handbid to our community partners and other non-profit organizations!

Pros

The software is fairly intuitive which we liked.

Cons

We had a major issue the night of the event. We had previously been warned to turn off the credit card requirement the night of the event, which we did days before the event. The night of the event it was turned back on not by us, maybe a software glitch? Its a mystery. We also received feedback that those who downloaded the app received too many emails after the event. I have the app and did not receive excessive amount of emails but I also did not purchase anything that evening.

Amanda from God's Pantry Food Bank

Best Silent Auction Product Available

After working with silent auctions for organizations as a volunteer and as a non-profit employee, I wished for a helpful and easy tech product to manage appealing item promotion, user friendly checkout and bidding. Handbid came to our rescue. Our guests now have fun with the bidding and are much more engaged in the auction, getting immediate positive feedback for their participation. As a result, income has doubled on most of our silent auctions in the year we have been Handbid users. This is a great investment for us and we plan to keep the product for many years to come. The support is great and the account managers get back to you anytime there is an issue. The CEO even came to visit us to say hi and to show us new upgrades coming out soon. Five star company all the way around.

Mike from Mattingly Charities

This is absolutely fantastic!!

Have used some competitors software at different events before. I am not an IT guy, not a programmer, tablet and smart phone literate only. However, I was able to run, list, edit, add, remove, so easily I felt like a programmer. I watched the training video, did a 2hr training on phone and computer hookup with our rep (so very nice and responsive)..........it was so easy. Check out allows you to either use your account, their account, set up your own stripe account, accept cash, check or credit card. If you do charity events, silent/live auctions for fundraisers do yourself a favor and look into this. I highly recommend the product and the people. Both product and people were fantastic and I'm generally pretty hard to impress.

Pros

Ease of use and intuitiveness

Cons

No cons

Stephanie from Ligonier Camp

intuitive, tons of features, great customer service

Pros

HandBid has been fabulous for us thus far. The customer service has been quick with questions and support, the pricing is beyond reasonable, and the product has been simple to use, both internally and for our clients. I've used it as a bidder at other auctions and it was fantastic. The internal side has been easy to use and fully featured to meet all of our needs.

Tamara from Phamaly Theatre Company

Wonderful Experience!

We were slightly hesitant to move our auction activity to a mobile app, worried that our guests might have issues learning the new platform. We were completely wrong! Jeff and his team provided great support from our setup through our post-event work. The platform is very easy to use from the management side and from the user side. Our staff and volunteers had no problems learning how to manage the app for registration or bid input. Plus, the app looks great! Guests had fun bidding, enjoyed the interface, and appreciated that they could move around and keep tabs on their items. We will definitely be using Handbid for our future events!

Pros

Easy item and bidder input, mass uploads; Aesthetically fun; options for notifications or not for user; ease of event reports; timer for end of auction

Brad from Providence Academy

Great tool for schools and nonprofit events

We have run 2 gala events and a golf tournament with Handbid. It had a tremendous impact on our overall returns. Plus, the app is extremely easy to teach and use. We found that for our second and third events, it got even easier, since most of our parents already had Handbid on their phones, knew how to use it, etc. Finally, this tool was great because it allowed distant relatives and friends to participate in the auction. This made the event more fun, expanded our universe of bidders, and ultimately drove up bid prices on many of our items.

Mark from We Feed

September 2016

An App is where it is at!

The app experience for the mobile phone user is far better than receiving a text and reloading a web page each time you want to bid. In addition, the internet based back end was super user friendly and helped us drive to record breaking revenue !

Pros

Users became quickly engaged in the auction and we saw our average number of bids per item increase greatly!

Cons

With the ease of check-out, we could have included more items in the auction.

Jen from Iowa Select Farms

Handbid for Silent Auction

Transitioned from writing bids on bid sheets to Handbid, and had tremendous success. Our guests had a lot of fun with it and our revenue doubled the first year and tripled the second. Allowed our guests to engage in the live auction and silent (via their mobile devices) concurrently. I would highly recommend opening up the silent auction five days before, and working to get your guests up and bidding early and often! Thumbs up to Handbid and special shout out to the customer service team for the great support and training.

Jason from Open Arms Worldwide

What did we ever do before Handbid?

Handbid is fantastic! Not only did it save us significant time and effort, but it boosted our auction revenue to record levels. This intuitive application was simple to set up and rich in functionality. Handbid's great technology is only rivaled by their commitment to customer service. They provided our team with the necessary tools before we even asked and their tech support was always available to help (even on weekends & after hours). Our only disappointment is having to wait until next year's Handbid auction!

Becky from St. Katharine Drexel

Easy to Use Handbid

Handbid was a truly cost effective solution for our auction. It was simple to use, and made the end of our evening so much smoother for our guests.

Pros

It was simple for both our attendees and planners.

Cons

I wish the detailed info was more visible from the phone app.

Blanche from Saint Frances Cabrini Catholic School

Glamour & Glitz Auction 2016

We purchased handbid for our school annual dinner and auction. This tool was wonderful and the staff was remarkable. Our experience was so wonderful that we have renewed our contract purchased it for our next year event in Feb 2017.

Pros

Cons

Nothing

david from kindale

Great looking auction

Work great and everyone was able to bid.

Pros

This software looks really good and modern. Its a little harder to learn but once you have the hang of it. its really powerful and you can do a lot with it. I love you can steam the stats for everyone to see at your event. has lots of options to customize your auction. Has great customer service

Cons

I with you had more control over the pictures to be able to resize the in the program. That's my only con of this great software and its easy fix with bulk resizing software.

Drew from The Butterfly Fund

Handbid - Your Fundraising Partner!

I conduct an annual golf tournament as a fundraiser, and needed a tool to take my silent auction to another level. Handbid's features and functionality, as well as support, were second to none. I loved using, as did the participants. Great tool, give it try!

Pros

Features and functionality, and customer service

Cons

Pricing...with only one event per year, would like to see pricing per event model.

Sheri from Aspen View Academy

Great flexible fundraising!

Handbid is a great online silent auction tool. This allows bidders who are unable to attend an event to bid from anywhere! We have surprised ourselves with the amount of money we can raise because of handbid. Thank you!

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Bandwidth is required. Make sure your venue can handle it.

Malissa from PTA

Amazing service!

Our organization is very excited to be using Handbid this year for our annual fundraiser! We look forward to creating a great user experience and are really appreciating the ease of putting our auction together using this software/system. The thing I've been most impressed with is the quick, efficient, pleasant and high quality service we've received since our first inquiry with Handbid. Highly recommended!

Julia from Camp Horsin' Around

Handbid is a must !

Having been involved in non-profit fundraising for years, Handbid simplified our process by saving both time and money. Definitely two thumbs up.

Pros

Easy to use and great customer support

Kim from Project 658

Fun New Way for bidding

We used Handbid for the first time last year for our annual Silent Auction. My favorite feature was the automatic bidding so our guests didn't have to get out of their seats to make their next bid! Also, the Support Team is amazing! They were quick to answer ANY question we had! We look forward to using Handbid again this year!

Jared from CropLife America

Industry: Biotechnology

Great App and Service!

This was our first year using an online bidding service and it went great! The staff were very helpful and were always there to help get our auction set up and provide service all along the way. Our members really loved the app and we are looking forward to using them again next year!

Pros

The staff were great and always available to help answer questions. The app is also really easy to use and set up.

Cons

I wish they would build in a feature that can help first-time users navigate the app.

Kourtney from Home Opportunities Made Easy, Incorporated (HOME, Inc.)

Handbid is so helpful!

So far we love Handbid and look forward to using it more in the future!

Pros

We are throwing our first annual fundraising event and we invested in Handbid. So far it has been amazing and is going to make the auction portion seamless.

Cons

My only complaint is that I wish they did not restrict the number of auction items for the basic package.

Marisa from CMEA

Copper Mesa Auction

Working with Jeff Porter has been wonderful. He's not only there to teach us how to use Handbid, but he truly was a great resource for all aspects of running an auction.

Pros

Makes running an auction so much easier than paper bid sheet days.

Cons

I wish you could edit pictures in the Handbid manager functions.

T from Tampa Prep

Great Product!

We have been Handbid users for just over a year now. It is an excellent product that our donors have learned quickly. We just signed on for year two and are excited to see how we can leverage multiple auctions to raise more money.

Hannah from Minds Matter NYC

Wonderful platform

I absolutely loved using Handbid! An incredibly user-friendly interface that made my silent auction run so smoothly. Customer service was also amazing and I would highly recommend using Handbid for your next silent auction.

Stacey from Front Street Animal Shelter, Sacramento

September 2016

Now that I know Handbid exists, I won't be auctioning without it!

I am so glad we decided to use handbid for our silent auction. It really is easy to use and provided the tools needed to be successful. The customer service was some of the best I have ever experienced. Kelly is amazing!

Tyler from Cat Financial

Handbid Review

Handbid really allowed us to get maximum value for our auction items. It created a buzz around the building and it also allowed everyone to participate, even if they couldn't be there in person.

Susan from Helping Hands Foreign Missions

Helping Hands Foreign Missions Gala

Our overall experience with HandBid has been excellent. This was our second year using them at our Gala and they offered strong support prior to our event as well as the night of!

Abby from SWR Institute

Great Experience--worked like a charm!

Once over a slight learning curve, this app was very easy to set up and use. Would highly recommend having plenty of on-hand materials to explain downloading the application.

Pros

Allowed for a stress and error free event.

Cons

Learning curve for setting it up and downloading for attendees.

Fantastic tool for adding a "modern" feel to auctions!

Very well laid out, easy for the not-so tech savvy to install and use quickly!

Pros

Wow, so impressed. Our non-profit wanted to upgrade our annual fundraiser so used this tool- made our board very nervous. But it was a HUGE hit! Easy to use, easy to bid, great analytics. We will be using Handbid from now on!

Cons

It's been mentioned before, but MAKE SURE you have excellent wifi, some hotels signal is spotty. Tough to switch back to manual auctions once you get started.

Gina from KidsPeace

KidsPeace loves Handbid

It was very easy to set up our auction! It looked professional and folks enjoyed using it. Diana gave excellent on-site support. Everyone we worked with from Handbid was very helpful!

Pros

Check out was a breeze!!!