• icon"Easy to set up and very user friendly. Catalog is showing nicely and have some great features for administrators."
  • icon"Watch out for other vendors- their performance and Gateway fees are extremely high. I love that I can select my own Gateway with the best rates."
  • icon"I loved the customer support and online tutorial."
  • icon"A little restricted on the type of reporting/reports we could run. Had to run a couple different ones to get the info I needed."
  • icon"You can change the colors but the layout options are limited."
  • icon"No text to give option and check in process a bit complicated."

Browse all SchoolAuction.net Reviews

• Have you used SchoolAuction.net and would like to share your experience with others?

Molly

A shout out to SchoolAuction.net! Fabulous customer support~~timely, helpful and thorough. Thanks!

Pros

We appreciate that SchoolAuction.net is forever improving itself. Supprt truly listens to feedback and then goes about making changes. We appreciate the easiness of the software to use for our Spring Gala and auction needs. We were especially pleased with showing off the catalog last year. Once our pics and descriptions were in and we published it to our families, we were really proud of how the catalog looked. It was very professional and gave our families a huge preview of what was to come at the event.

Doug

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Answered our prayers

We had been using a different auction package for a few years. It had a dated, inefficient interface. It tripped us up in the middle of our event. We needed something more modern and responsive. We were investigating more expensive, top-tier packages when another volunteer saw SchoolAuction.net in an ad. We read up on it and found it had the features we wanted, but seemed like just a small startup (loved the story, but could they support us?). I called and had their founder on the phone in no time and he quickly put me at ease with their ability to meet our needs and support our events. We decided to try it out and were not disappointed. The documentation was amazingly clear and very easy to follow. We got rapid support when we needed it. Including a few more calls to their founder who also helped us get connected with a payments gateway. We pulled off a great event and were even able to re-use the software for other events within the same year. ALL of our events yielded higher revenue than in past years as a result of their great tools and we saved money over the other packages we evaluated.

Pros

Easy to learn and use. Great documentation. Superb customer service. Comprehensive feature set and flexible enough to meet needs outside of our original auction intent. Cannot recommend highly enough.

Cons

Would have enjoyed a little more customization capability in the site look-and-feel, but the included templates were good enough to meet our needs.

Reasons for choosing SchoolAuction.net

Had all the features we wanted at a better price. Great support. Very open trial process. Very transparent on business model and costs.

Reasons for switching to SchoolAuction.net

ReadySetAuction had a dated interface that was very slow to operate. Too much clicking and paging through long lists of guests, donors, or items. Forms would not load on a single page on a high-res screen. You were always having to scroll around to complete each item entry. Very inefficient. In addition, it was limited to a single event and had a very narrow auction-specific workflow. SchoolAuction.net is flexible enough to support multiple events and event types on our small budget.

Laura

October 2022

From a front-line non-profit fundraiser...

This program brings professionalism and SO many tools to our event administration! It improves the guest experience (if we utilize it well), and helps keep the chaos in order. It also helps us reach a bigger audience by making information available to online users who cannot attend an in-person event. Our experience has been nothing but positive with SchoolAuction/[SENSITIVE CONTENT]

Pros

The customer service and help options! There is a lot to learn & understand when you first set things up, and to really utilize all the features. So when you call or reach out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT], a knowledgable, kind, and patient person ALWAYS picks up quickly. I LOVE THAT!

Cons

Not being able to upload multiple item images at once into either the individual catalog listings, or into an in-software image library that is easily accessed from catalog. But that is a MINOR thing!

Reasons for choosing SchoolAuction.net

You're local (to Portland, OR) and highly recommended by a friend who has been a professional fundraiser her entire career.

Response from Northworld - SchoolAuction.net

Hi Laura, Thanks so much for your review! I love that our software has helped you reach a bigger audience and that you've had great experiences with our support team. Also, good news - we're reworking the image upload feature to add the ability to drag and drop multiple images, so stay tuned for that. Looking forward to helping you with your next event or fundraiser! Best, Vanessa

Replied November 2022

Rebecca

May 2022

Good for School Auctions only

It worked fine for the year we used it. I was frustrated by having to figure out a lot of work arounds to get what I wanted to do. Not very customisable and very limited creatively.

Pros

What I was as able to create looked very good, but there was so much more I wanted to be able to do but couldn’t.

Cons

Not very customisable for different types of organisations. Really is created to run school auctions. Very little muted in what one could create using this software.

Reasons for choosing SchoolAuction.net

Not my choice. Event planner that was hired choose.

Reasons for switching to SchoolAuction.net

Hired an event manager and she choose School Auctria. Not my choice. Cost more than Greater Giving and didn’t do as much.

Response from Northworld

Hi Rebecca, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I wanted to point out that actually quite a large number of our customers are not schools; most of our new customers over the last few years have been other non-profits; as such, we have tools and templates available to create all kinds of auctions and fundraisers, including jog/read-a-thons, targeted fundraising campaigns, voting contests, golf tournaments, etc. Many of our customers even use our software to sell event or concert tickets, have an online store, or as a year-round give/donate page. To find out how to set these up, please contact our support team at support@schoolauction.net, or you can reach them by clicking the Help widget that appears on the far right edge of each page within our software. We'd love to help you take full advantage of your software plan, and help you raise even more money.

Replied June 2022

Amelia

Just okay!

It's not a bad platform but the user interface needs some work.

Pros

we used it last year so it made sense to use it again

Cons

The virtual interface doesn't allow for customizations that were crucial to our fundraising success

Response from Northworld

Hi Amelia, Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. We've made a lot of upgrades to our Virtual Live Auction feature in the last year, so we hope you'll give us another chance with your next event. Feel free to email me at vanessa@northworld.com if you'd like a demo of how the Virtual feature works now, or want to learn about other new features we've added to our software, like Text-to-Give or Fundraising Campaigns. We absolutely want to help your organization's events and fundraisers be as successful as possible.

Replied April 2022

Elizabeth

Schoolauction.net Software - Comprehensive Fundraising Resource

Ease of use and online and help desk support. A robust software and very well priced especially for non-profit organizations.

Pros

Functionality - multiple types of fundraising events & activities; the online and mobile access for contributors, donors and guests; virtual event capability; provide forms for letters, statements, contributor's information Online Support especially for the setup & implementation roadmap

Cons

Integration with contact management applications

Reasons for choosing SchoolAuction.net

Although I was not part of the purchase decision process, with my career in business application system implementations, I was quite pleased when I began to work with this system. This is a good product based on my previous experience with other fundraising systems and with the experience of other systems from my development/fundraising cohort. I have recommended schoolauction.net to other non-profit organizations and my national development cohort.

Response from Northworld

Thanks, Elizabeth! We loved working with you this year, and look forward to helping with your next fundraiser!

Replied May 2021

July 2022

Multi-features and videos to show how to use them!

Pros

Some of the features are striking! The voting contest feature got my interest since this software mainly provides online donations or online stores; this software improved in that issue. Also, for almost everything site provides videos to teach how to use the software.

Cons

I think it is a bit expensive, yearly it is starting from $1000 up to $3000.

Response from Northworld

Hi, Thanks for checking out our free trial and taking the time to leave a review. I'm glad you see the value in the different features we offer (for gala, online and hybrid events) and that you found our support section to be helpful! I wanted to let you know in terms of plans and pricing - we just rolled out a new plan that's just $79/event, the Acorn plan. You can read more about it here: https://www.schoolauction.net/pricing/ and see if it would be a good fit for your group. Hope this helps!

Replied July 2022

Kati

May 2022

Easy Software!

Overall we are happy with schoolauction.net. They have been able to meet our needs every time- we have done paper silent auction bidding, mobile bidding, and live auction. During the pandemic, we hosted a virtual auction. All have been successful when it comes to using the software. I am excited to see that they are moving more types of events into the system. We might convert one of our other fundraisers into this system.

Pros

As a volunteer that has an FT job, it was my responsibility to select, implement and use a product for our school auction. The help videos are amazing, customer support is wonderful and overall it is a simple product for a complex need. We have been using this product for 4 years now and are so incredibly thankful we left our other highly rated platform.

Cons

We struggle with the mobile bidding vs the paper bidding but that is really not a problem with the software. It is more about knowing your audience.

Reasons for switching to SchoolAuction.net

The system was too complex.

Response from Northworld

Hi Kati, Thanks so much for the high praise and for your continued support. We strive to provide prompt and helpful customer support, so I'm glad you experience that as well. If you need any help in the future converting one of your other fundraisers into our software, don't hesitate to reach out by emailing support@schoolauction.net, or by using the Help widget that appears on the right edge of every page. Looking forward to helping you with your next event or fundraiser!

Replied June 2022

Eric

March 2022

Easy To Use

Pros

I like that it's web based and allows us to give access to multiple people. The ease of use for entering and managing items is simple. Managing tickets is also easy.

Cons

A big missing feature is a more robust table management portion of the software. Our events have anywhere from 300-1,000 guests and while I can enter the table number on the ticket, the organization and management of all our tables has to be done outside of the software. We also had issues with linking bidders. When two bidders were linked, only one of their bidder numbers worked. Couples would use both numbers thinking that the accounts were linked together.

Reasons for switching to SchoolAuction.net

It was old and outdated.

Response from Northworld

Hi Eric, Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review. I'm passing your feedback regarding table management to the rest of the team, as most of the features we add or edit are in direct response to customer feedback. In terms of the linked bidders, the feature worked as intended - couples can be linked so that they can share a bidder number at check-in as opposed to each having their own number. I'm sorry if that wasn't clear. I'm glad that you find it easy to enter and manage items and tickets, and we look forward to helping you with your group's next event; we appreciate your support!

Replied April 2022

Trent

Industry: Fund-Raising

Easy to use during the event

Those of us tasked with entering items and organizing were done so far ahead of schedule compared to prior years, that we had to go back and correct issues that arose later. Next time, we’ll just be patient. A good problem.

Pros

Mobile/Tablet compatible, SaaS Intuitive, very little training for volunteers. Very easy to integrate credit card processing connection. Help videos to show volunteers. Extensive text-based help database as well. Multiple users at once; admin can set permissions. Option for online auction.

Cons

Some signage/descriptions signage was only available in one export size/orientation and it wasn’t our desired size. Can’t add new user while in the screen to add new item. Must switch menus. Indicator for volunteer at check-out to pull certificate needs to be larger and/or a pop-up should be utilized. Managing seats at gala tables; doesn’t indicate well when particular table hits capacity. No option to suppress unavailable physical bidder paddle numbers (when using existing paddles). Silent auction tab sheet doesn’t continue to a second page for more entries. No place to include other expenses from event so we can build complete picture of our success.

Reasons for choosing SchoolAuction.net

We selected what would be easiest to use during the event.

Reasons for switching to SchoolAuction.net

Load-speed of site, mobile-friendly, easier to export reports, reliance on volunteer who built homegrown system.

Response from SchoolAuction.net

Thanks, Trent! We're delighted that your job was faster and easier - and that you are going to keep us on our toes by pushing for more improvements. We love the constructive, detailed feedback!

Replied July 2019

Very good software for running a fundraising auction

They are very easy to do business with. I highly recommend to use their studio for a live virtual event; they take care of all the technical details to make it look good.

Pros

Got lots of emails and support about what to do at each stage of preparation. Easy to add donors and photos of auction items. Like that there's one window for bidding and viewing the video. This software is much better for the auctioneer than the other software I have used.

Cons

The flowchart in the dashboard is somewhat useless; clicking on the steps only referenced help videos that I don't have time for; would be better to jump to the referenced setup menu. Missed sending out virtual event reminders on the day before; could have used a reminder (nowhere does it mention this). Sofware is geared to set up for a live auction event with bid sheets, etc. Have to manually change each item and ended up missing one.

Reasons for choosing SchoolAuction.net

People liked that they only had to use one screen, one device to both bid and see the video.

Reasons for switching to SchoolAuction.net

The auctioneer's recommendation. Turned out to be better and learning curve was not bad.

Response from Northworld

Hi Mark, Thanks for your detailed review! We're glad that you appreciate the single-screen efficiency of our Virtual Live Auction feature, and that your auctioneer found the Auctioneer View easy to use. In response to the items you listed under Cons, I'll certainly share them with the rest of the team; the majority of the software features we add or change are a direct result of customer feedback. I did want to touch on one specific thing you mentioned; you DO have the ability to edit items in bulk vs. one-by-one. Feel free to email me at vanessa@northworld.com if you'd like our support article on how to do that. I'm happy to share anything that will help your organization with their next event!

Replied March 2022

Renata

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Worth the learning curve! Switched from software we had been using for the past 20+.

We really enjoyed using schoolauction.net and will continue to do so for our school gala/auction event. In fact, we were so pleased that we are looking at how we might be able to use it for other events as well. There was a learning curve, especially for those team members who aren't especially tech-savvy , but the majority found it very easy to use and were thrilled that we made the switch!

Pros

Easy to import info from previous software. Intuitive and generally very user-friendly. Good for those who can self-educate - lots of video tutorials and a comprehensive help center. Very quick customer service response through email.

Cons

Some team members struggled with the lack of phone support. We had an issue specific to our gala-style event, and thus I would not recommend this software for an organization whose priority is finding a seamless way to handle guests with regards to tickets, tables, table captains, and comped tickets. We were able to find workarounds but it got a bit confusing and we weren't able to use the reports and analytics that would have otherwise been very helpful.

Reasons for switching to SchoolAuction.net

We were looking for a modern option that would be easy for both our team members and guests to use.

Response from SchoolAuction.net

Thanks, Renata! We appreciate the feedback, and... we're working on it!

Lisa

Industry: Fund-Raising

First Virtual Gala with Live Auction and Fund-a-Need

Pros

We love the ease of the system. We have done silent auctions with paper bids, silent auctions with online bids, and now a live auction virtually. The fund-a-need online was great and everyone enjoyed seeing their heart with their name and amount. Setting up the site is fairly easy and the migrate function for future events is amazing.

Cons

There were some things that would have been nice to have integrated into the system, like showing slides during the event without having to share a screen. Some of the set-up can be cumbersome, but the response time of the help team was awesome.

Reasons for switching to SchoolAuction.net

The product we used before was very difficult to use, not intuitive and lacked functionality.

Response from Northworld

Thanks, Lisa! Stay tuned - we're updating the Virtual Gala feature to include slides. Expect an announcement on that coming very soon.

Replied May 2021

Melanie

Industry: Music

SA.net user since 2014! So easy to use for our school fundraising that I started using it for work.

I'm entering into my seventh year using SchoolAuction.net, and I continue to recommend it to others.

Pros

It's incredibly easy to train volunteers, capture all of the info that I want from users and guests, and process guests quickly on event night.

Cons

It's often slow on weekday afternoons, hard in the weeks leading up to events. It's a bit of a long and clunky URL.

Reasons for switching to SchoolAuction.net

At the time, Bluesky didn't offer online auction functionality, so we switched for that feature specifically. But it was so much more user friendly that we never went back, even though Bluesky was cheaper and eventually added online auctions.

Response from SchoolAuction.net

Thanks, Melanie! Reach out next time - we've got tricks to make it easier to drive people to your site than publishing the URL... Roger

Bruce

July 2022

SGA Fundraising

Amazing and I would recommend them to anyone that is thinking of a Gala, Golf Tournament or a fundraiser of any kind!

Pros

Its ease of use and the ability to customize the website. The Customer Support is fantastic. Our contact is extremely knowledgeable and makes you feel like he is a part of your team.

Cons

Honestly, there is nothing I disliked about the software.

Response from Northworld

Hi Bruce, Thank you SO much for the kind words, and the referrals you've sent our way - we truly appreciate it. We're happy that you're a fan of our software and we look forward to helping you with your next event!

Replied July 2022

Deanna

April 2022

Works Well

Pros

This software does everything we need - we've used it for online silent bidding, virtual live bidding, and in-person silent and live auctions. I feel they are responsive to our questions and needs. We don't have any problems with credit card processing or refunds.

Cons

The software is a bit clunky and not overly intuitive or fast.

Response from Northworld

Hi Deanna, I appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. I'm glad you're utilizing our software for so many types of auctions - that's exactly why we designed it to be so versatile as opposed to a "one size fits all" platform, which doesn't work for many organizations. We're thankful to have you as a customer and look forward to helping you with your next event!

Replied May 2022