• Pros

• "Low latency in Live mode for podcast and the easy multitrack layout. The tools are just amazingly easy to understand. The mixer section has good send functionality. "

• "Audition is a stable DAW and the standard DSP is all good quality, particularly the time based processors. "

• "What I like the most about using Adobe Audition is its integration with Adobe Premiere, it makes it really easy to work together and link the audios on my videos."

• Cons

• "Little bit expensive, but a great software. Little things not to like."

• "At the beggining I had some trouble to understand the interface but after seeing some of the tutorials Adobe offers I improve my skills on it"

• "The only downside that I have expierenced in my workflow is that sometimes in order to utilize other plugins or advance systems, you may have to do extra steps to keep in line with te Adobe workflow. "

Browse Adobe Audition Reviews

Alain Jove from Telecommunications

The Ultimate in Audio Manipulation

Overall, this is a great multimedia tool to provide you excellent studio quality sound. And above all, it is worth every dime that you spend to achieve the projects that pros only can. But not anymore, beginners alike can have that same output with a few hours of getting to know this software's full potential.

Pros

I like Adobe Auditions for its professional looking interface and easy to understand functionalities. I've used a few comparable products already and nothing beats its interface, which even a beginner can digest right away. Although it takes time to 'unlock' the other tricks hidden in this gem of a software, it's always worth the time sitting down and exploring it. This is seamless in handling multiple tracks in one project which makes you very pleased avoiding lag time especially on a little slower computers. It also renders exports faster compared to other software. I was able to test briefly Logic Pro X and Pro Tools but got hooked to this instead. And I'm glad I made the right choice because I'm working a lot of audio editing for my videos and it has proven to be the most intuitive tool for me, which is reinforced by the powerful plugins that this baby can provide.

Cons

Like most high end software in the multimedia category, this demands high memory and CPU power, to provide you that seamless experience. So far that is the only thing I noticed and haven't encountered any bugs in the software.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Audition

Because of its ease of use and the plugins that I need for my audio projects.

Manase from N-SOUND Studio

Industry: Music

Adobe is king at muisc production... Trust me you don't want to miss

It's a great software for basic music production and for beginner level... You can still achieve pro work with adobe audition too.

Pros

Cons

Nothing except the display design. I feel more should be done on giving a pleasing design rather look.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Audition

I have a lot of mixing and mastering limitations in AUDACITY

Misheck from Wiphan

One of the most powerful tool for Audio finishing touches

It is loaded with features and settings which scale with the experience of the client. Adobe Audition is truly astounding programming which helps to eliminate distortions, enhance the sound and upgrade the vocals, it covers pretty much every element for sound engineering

Pros

I like its advantageous and natural interface with multifunctional and numerous settings. It helps me to normalize the and eliminate spikes of high noise or increasing the volume in zones that sound too low, it surely helps me save a lot of time with the help of shortcuts imbedded in Adobe Audition.

Cons

It requires a powerful computer and it has a high ram consumption

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Audition

Because Adobe has a good reputation in the software industry

Shania from BU

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Adobe Audition Review

Pros

The thing I liked most is the tools that can be used for cleaning up a video or editing one. It is also great with audio and podcast editing, like creating an outcome entirely up to your choices, using the various elements provided. The Multitrack view was most likable as I could use it to mix audio.

Cons

The fact that you cannot create your own sounds.

Samuel from Fuse13

Simple, intuitive and does what its supposed to.

17 years using this for audio production for radio and podcasts. I have thought it in college and students love it once they get used to it. It is simply a genius piece of software and you can transform audio that is of low quality with a few tweaks here and there.

Pros

Whether you are looking for a simple audio edit or a complex multitrack session Adobe Audition has it all. I've been using this since it was called Cool Edit Pro in 2004 and it only gets better with age. Once you get part the overwhelming feature rich UX you are going to love this software.

Cons

It does have quite an extensive amount of features and therefore it can have quite a steep learning curve. Probably not the best software for the none techie who isn't intimidated by loads of buttons and options. Apart from this, I love Audition.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Audition

It was free and more suited to the audio editing environment, whilst Pro Tools is better for music production, in my humble opinion.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Audition

Lacking in features and the UX seemed kind of outdated at the time.

Robert from nostairway creative

A DAW for the Adobe devotee

Audition is a great addition to your suite of Adobe apps.

Pros

Cons

It takes quite a while to get used to using and the structure isn't as intuitive as other audio sequencers. Also, it is only audio as full MIDI sequencing isn't yet supported.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Audition

Audition came packaged with Adobe CC and so there was a price advantage. There's less of a learning curve with Audition too.

Zach from Mileshko

Powerful Audio Editing for Pros!!

Audition is powerful, versatile, and delivers professional grade quality. It has a variety of features that are native to the program, but also has a vast array of plugins available that only enhance the process. Plus, the ability to dynamically link edited audio assets directly into our video timelines in Premiere is invaluable to our workflow. Pair this with Adobe's world-class customer support, and this program is our company's no-brainer, go-to choice for Audio Editing software. Highly recommend!!

Pros

Cons

The only downside to Audition is the learning curve for interacting with its many many tools. However, if one is at least vaguely familiar with the Adobe family, this will lessen the learning curve some since it is a member of the Adobe Creative Suite Family.

Evelyn from Media Production

Industry: Broadcast Media

Audition best option to edit audio

Is really great, I edit my podcast there, I made a short intro jingle for my videos and also edit voice over for video production

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Audition

It is cheaper and easier to use

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Audition

It was a very heavy software to use and was not what I needed

Hesandu from Team Z4

Best audio editing software.....

I have been using Adobe Audition for more than a year. Best audio editing software that I had used. We use Adobe Audition for creating podcasts, edit podcasts, mix audios, create audios and to edit audios. A brilliant software.

Pros

Best software that I had used for mixing audios. Very easy to use. That's the best thing I like in this software. Have lots of audio effects. Good for recording. Works well on Windows and MacOS too. A great audio editing software.

Cons

Little bit expensive, but a great software. Little things not to like.

KAMAL from Master car

Adobe Audition

I can edit the files and send them to many people

Pros

The very simple interface of the software and its easy to use

Cons

I can make simple changes in any audio file and I can convert it to a different format

Curry from Johnston Community College

Great option for those looking to learn more.

As a Videographer who needs to learn to use sound editing as a tool, but doesn't have the education of a Sound Engineer, this is a fantastic software only limited by what you know. I've heard many say that Logic is a much better option, or even Pro Tools, but it's hard to argue with Audition's functionality when accessible through the Creative Cloud. I would typically much rather try to resolve any audio issues or projects within Premiere Pro, but there are certain limitations and details missing that are an absolute need, that Audition does have. Give it a shot and you won't be disappointed.

Pros

You can pretty much do anything sound related. Recording options, tons of compressions and EQ templates and effects to get you started which are endlessly customizable. Far beyond my ability is isolating frequencies or removing them, but I have seen it done. The creativity also knows no bounds, as through Audition I was able to recreate the sound effect of a phone conversation. It's very visually appealing as well, great use of color and the interface is overwhelming, yet it exudes professionalism.

Cons

As is the issue with all Adobe software, there is a steep learning curve. Half the battle is knowing the tools there are to apply, but the other half is knowing where they are in the program. It could more than likely be better laid out to in a more user-friendly manner so the overwhelming factor decreases. This is where other programs like Logic excel.

Matt from North Canton Chapel

Top Tier Asset for Audio Production

Adobe Audition has taken me leaps and bounds beyond what I knew was possible to edit audio & video audio. What would have taken me hours to do manually with trial and error, under the proper settings reduces that time to minutes. The ability to remember and create presets for specific projects and workflows now saves me so much time as I support our areas with their audio needs as well as allows a one-person team to still offer creative elements within a possible timeframe.

Pros

In my context, I mainly use Adobe Audition to process audio from video for final projects. I would say one of the best tools I utilize has been the remix function for our context of needing to create a backing track to a specific file. Audition is incredible in that you can choose your needed length and it will remix the file to +/- 5 seconds - this has been huge in our production flow. Previously I would have to manually find cuts and paste and work for 15-20 minutes which now is handled in under 30 seconds!

Cons

There was a large learning curve, because the software is so robust. At first it was overwhelming - I knew it was capable of but often did not know the terms for specific settings. I would not fully say this is a negative, but rather an opportunity to be aware for those who do not have a background in audio. It can be challenging to find the setting buried in the list of options.

Adobe Audition Is Audio Lifesaver

Overwall I have LOVED Adobe Audition. I use it to sweeten/enhance my audio on nearly every project that I have. Perfect for removing annoying background noise and not to difficult for new users to understand.

Pros

Adobe Audition is a MUST have for anyone doing Audio Video editing. While you can use Adobe Audition with many various editing software, Audition works best when used with other Adobe programs. With Adobe Creative Cloud Audition easily transfers and connects with Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro...etc to allow you to keep your work flow while also making changes to your audio. The straight forward set up is easy to learn and perfect for beginners and expierenced audio users.

Cons

Christopher from Boston University (CAS Writing Program)

Functional Podcast Editing and Mixing Software

Adobe Audition is an easy and professional audio production application that I will continue to use for my student podcast assignments.

Pros

As someone who teaches writing and communication at the college-level, I use Adobe Audition as the my main software for student podcast assignments. My university provides students access to Adobe software, and it works well on both Mac and PC platforms. Students have been using Audition each semester to produce their own podcast episodes about their research topics, and many have praised the ease of the software even though they may have had no experience with audio recording or production before.

Cons

The input and output selections for separate tracks is not as intuitive as they could be. Each audio track has to be assigned a specific input and output when it could easily be defaulted to main input/output on the device running the software. Finally, the application saves metadata files separate from the actual media included in the project, which can make exporting or sharing a project before final mixdown slightly difficult.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Audition

Access and availability to students.

Aravinda from Individual

easy to use

We run an online radio channel and this software is an indispensable member of ours.

Pros

This software includes the most attractive voice effects. Also designed to be easy for anyone to use and easy to install. Files are very easy to import. The most important thing is to be able to export your project to the highest quality.

Cons

There is no MIDI implementation in Adobe Audition.

Gianluca from OFG advertising

Adobe Audition let my podcast shine :-)

I find myself very comfortable with Audition because I can work in high quality and produce very satisfying podcasts, with great approval from my audience.

Pros

I am very satisfied with the functionality of Adobe Audition because it allows me to edit my podcasts and significantly improve the audio quality of my work. It's a pretty easy platform to use even for someone who is a neophyte to the audio editing aspects. I have a lot of room for improvement but the results I'm getting are already more than satisfactory.

Cons

Adobe AUdition has many functions and some audio knowledge is required; that does not depend on AUdition itself but must be known to set up a good work. This is a general limitation but Audition supports Basic users.

Oscar from Music

Industry: Music

Amazing DAW that cares for your money!

Overall its great, even if you are a beginer or proseffional you can get amazing results. I think its the best of its kind for the price you pay and what you get for it. Perfect for audio editing.

Pros

One of the things I like the most about audition is that is very friendly for the user, everything is very intuituve in comparisson to similar programs. The pluggins included are great, the automatizations and audio editing are very easy to use. Amazing features to EQ, noise reduction, etc.

Cons

I would like more extensive content in the area of recording and audio editing, its sometimes dificult to get a professional result with the options you have there. Could add music creation tools.

Serge from Nc production

Je n’avais pas cru. Mais adobe audition m’a surpris surtout au niveau du Mastering. C’est le sommet.

C'est vraiment super, j'édite mon podcast là-bas, j'ai fait un court jingle d'intro pour mes vidéos et aussi éditer la voix off pour la production vidéo. c'est un logiciel fantastique limité uniquement par ce que vous savez. J'ai entendu beaucoup dire que Logic est une bien meilleure option, ou même Pro Tools, mais il est difficile de contester la fonctionnalité d'Audition lorsqu'elle est accessible via le Creative Cloud.

Pros

Faible latence en général. la disposition multipiste facile. Les outils sont tout simplement incroyablement faciles à comprendre. La section de mixage a une bonne fonctionnalité d'envoi. Le Mastering est carrément incroyable. J’étais vraiment étonné.

Cons

seul inconvénient d'Audition est la courbe d'apprentissage pour interagir avec ses nombreux outils. Il a fallu que j’augmente mes rames pour l’utiliser plus aisément.

trop compliqué pour moi.

Eric from Hughes Marine Service

Industry: Fishery

Its so easy to use!!

Pros

I use it to truncate full songs or mixez after final render from my DAW and occasionally add a fade at the end of a song.

Cons

I wish the multitrack mode was a little easier.

Lizbeth from Freelance

Industry: Broadcast Media

AUDITION IS A FRIENDLY AND GREAT AUDIO SOFTWARE

The free tutorials were a great starter, is great because is easy to use and anyone can learn it, is not only for professional audio engineers or musicians like other kidn of audio software, this is more friendly and inexpensive.

Pros

I used this software to edit a homework interview, I really like that is inexpensive and easy to use. I really appreciate the trial version so I can see if it really fits my needs, and it definitely does. I'm considering buying the full version to start a podcast of my own.

Cons

In the beginning, it was a little hard to use, did not understood the change of panels, that when you click on audio it goes to the edition window, and then it jumps back to the record one. But I guess that just practice and Adobe offers a lot of tutorials for free when opening the software so it really is great.

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Audition

I did not understand how to use the other software, also I switch to windows and it does not have it. Audition is better and can be used in both systems.

Scarlett from Redbooth

Adobe Audition and midi

In my experience adobe audition is useless and should only be used if you don't have access to another audio daw. All the other adobe products are amazing and this is my least favorite software from adobe. If Audition had midi tracks, I would reconsider this whole review.

Pros

If you're an Adobe suite user, audition is the easiest way for working with audio. It's userfriendly and looks really familiar; if you're used to the adobe look, you'll feel right at home and navigate through the software in no time.

Cons

I hate the fact that you can't use midi with adobe audition. If you're an adobe premier video editor that also creates sound designs, the best way do it is through audition, however, the monent you decide to add midi, you will go mad looking for forums that will only tell you the same thing. Audition does not support midi tracks.

Akshit from Akshit Gala

Adobe Audition Review as a Motion Artist

Adobe Audition in included in Creative suit bundle, so as it was available to me, I started using it , i have enjoyed using it, it gets the work done in my pipeline

Pros

-The dynamic link in the software, and whole creative suit package has saved a lot of time and efforts. -It comes included with Adobe creative suit package. -It comes handy as a reliable voice recording software. -remix feature helps a lot to trim or to increase the duration of the Music seamlessly.

Cons

-the save feature doesn't works as other software in package, -the export feature in multitrack mixdown doesn't allow to same name as previously used name (even if we want to overwrite the file its not allowed) -majority used feature are now included in premiere pro

Powerfull tool

It's a very easy program for new users, you can do a Lot of things inside with the plugins and fx provides

Pros

The UI is very friendly in comparison with others

Cons

The costumization, like plugins or fx are minumum

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Audition

The costumization, the plugins and fx mostly

System and Effectivity

Overall my experience with Adobe Audition is mind blowing in a sense that it gives me more complex sounding and clean output to all my projects most especially to my music production. I really would like to recommend this software to my friends and acquaintances for their music and audio interface. All I can say is, its all worth it from beginning to end!

Pros

The interface overall is highly competitive to leading audio platforms and has the capability to edit single waveform. All effects and presets really gets you going and has all your favorite taste of the sound from filters to enhance the core content. It gets the job done from music production to pod casts to radio production etc. Creates a wide range of association of video editing stuff too.

Cons

Some plug ins (VST, VST3) are not compatible with the interface even though you've added it into the system manually but this doesn't stop me from using the interface because it has its own sets of favorites in it that will complement your music experience.

Etã Joel from Multimidia

Industry: Graphic Design

Adobe Audition top!

amazing, I use it almost every day.

Pros

I really liked the ease that this program brought and the effectiveness in noise reduction. extremely fast.

Cons

I do not know for sure. in fact I really liked it ...

Marisa from Self Employed

Industry: Photography

Good program

Pros

That it isn't hard to learn how to use it and it helps improve the audio.

Cons

It took me some time to understand at first.

Nirag from Simon Fraser University

Great for podcasts

Pros

I used this software for making a podcast episode for one of my classes and I was impressed with the wide range of features available. It was convenient to crop audios and import the intro and outro for the podcast. At some places, I was going fast so I stretched the audio to make it look like I was talking slowly and that worked effortlessly!

Cons

It could be a bit difficult to figure out how to use the software with its complex looking buttons at first but it gets easier with time.

Jaderson from Jaderson Pereira

Very versatile and stable

It helps me a lot in the process of editing the songs I use in some videos, the integration with Vst's is fantastic and very stable! I recommend this audio editor without a doubt!

Pros

I enjoyed the arrangement session a lot, the waveform of the track is very well defined, and helps a lot in the editing process.

Cons

Not very intuitive how to find the automation lines, this is a point that can be improved. The other features are perfect!

Vaibhavi from Boston University

Industry: Biotechnology

Adobe Audition

used it to make a podcast, college assignment, great help

Pros

easy to use, convenient for first-timers

Cons

a "how to use" video in the start can be helpful, the transitions were not smooth enough

Yiwen from Boston University

Great product with small deficit

Pros

It’s easy to use and had lots of great functions.

Cons

The creative cloud app did not work for a long time on my windows laptop. It worked about one month after I installed it.

Shrenik from Phoenix Jewels

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Premium Audio Recording Software!

Pros

Adobe Audition has a very professional feel to it- not just from its design but also all the features available for recording audios. It is amazing for recording anything or even importing existing audio. You can easily edit the clips to stretch them, condense them, duplicate them, etc. If you want to record audios, this is the software for you!

Cons

When I first installed Adobe Audition, the vast number of buttons and features were overwhelming. But give it some time and you'll realize how easy it is!

Arthur from Colégio Renovação

It's good but can be even better

I use Adobe just to edit my projects from work that needs some music or some foleys

Pros

The good thing it's that easy to use with the other adobe softwares like premiere and after effects, a clean interface and pretty simple to understand

Cons

I think that still miss some tools, some plugins. In comparsion, i think that pro tools it's better to use and to edit audio and mix

K'Lah from University

Adobe Audition

Pros

I most liked the ability to overlay several different audio clips, and the ability to create these clips into a podcast.

Cons

This software can often be confusing for new users, so it is best to refer to the tutorials for assistance.

Neeraja from Boston University

Functional once I got used to it

Pros

The software has a lot of features useful for making podcasts/audio recording. It looks professional.

Cons

It is easy to use once I got used to the interface but it can look confusing and daunting at first.