• icon"With built in score functionality, and endless editing options, overall, this is by far the best music production software out there."
  • icon"I really appreciate how Logic can import your Garageband files - If you've been working in Garageband and are looking to upgrade, this is the best option for being able to work with those files."
  • icon"I love the drummer feature. The mpc grooves are awesome, that pitch drop."
  • icon"Even though there are plenty of tools built for Logic Pro, the fact that it can't run VST plugins is disappointing."
  • icon"However as a professional audio engineer who uses Pro Tools quite a bit for mixing and editing, this is one of the weaknesses of Logic."
  • icon"I haven't found something that I disliked so far."

All Logic Pro Reviews

Bryan

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Time used: Unspecified

Logic Pro Review 2021

Said

The logic of sound

In my spare time I am a producer and I try to focus on EDM so logic gave me tools with which I could take the next step. I liked

Pros

I like the templates that come pre-designed for different options and initial configurations such as a drummer, a microphone and a sequencer. The effects are very complete, mainly the 8-band parametric equalizer, since you can create filters from there without the need for other plugins. Using external VSTS was easy, even the ones I had previously installed. And the variety of formats for export was something that I definitely fell in love.

Cons

The initial configuration was something that I did not like, since it was somewhat complicated to locate my folders, in addition to the fact that the interface should have a simpler command instruction

Reasons for switching to Logic Pro

I wanted to try a software that was especially for my Macbook

Geoffrey

September 2022

Logic Pro X: My DAW of Choice

I remember when Apple dropped Logic (the little brother to Garage Band) and never really paid any attention to it until I purchased my Macbook Pro 14" M1 laptop as my new DAW hardware and purchased Logic Pro X - by the good council from my fellow Mac Musician Friends... My world improved 100-fold since I switched over!

Pros

Logic Pro X is my DAW of choice for a variety of reasons. First and foremost, it's incredibly user-friendly. I'm not a pro, but I quickly got up and running with Logic Pro X. It also has an impressive array of features that allows me to create the exact sound I'm looking for. Finally, the support community is top-notch. If you ever have a question or need help, plenty of people are willing to lend a hand.

Cons

I wish there were an up-to-date book out there for Logic Pro X. You have to dig around in different communities on Discord, Twitch,, and Facebook, aside from what's out there on the internet. As the old joke goes, if there's a book out, it's outdated... however, with the plethora of video options that are out there, from YouTube to paid-learning, one has to just make an gamble on your own research.

Reasons for switching to Logic Pro

I was on a brand new Macbook Pro 14" M1 processor, and I wanted to run everything Native... at this time, Reason 12.x.x isn't native, and still has to be run in Rosetta mode :(

Loucas

June 2022

It used to be a legendary Daw

I learn the basic things using logic. It was great time.

Pros

It has enough tools that can help you creat music. Their plugins are decent.

Cons

you are going to have to buy extra many plugins if you want have the best results. For the price they ask you can sure try other Daws and buy also some extras. I think it is very expensive for what they deliver. As the title says.. " Logic used to be legendary Daw". Now there are many others companies out there that i believe are better and they trying to get as much customers as they can.

November 2022

Logic Pro is now my go to music software.

Ever since using Logic Pro my producing mixing and mastering have improved ten fold. I produce all my own projects with Logic and now use it to record mix and master others in my home studio. When I first started using Logic in uni I was impressed at how easy the work flow was and ever since the updates that have happened over the years, it just keeps getting better.

Pros

I love the amount of creative freedom Logic gives me especially after all the updates that have happened over the years. The interfaces of most of the plugins are easy to manoeuvre and are easy on the eye too. Sounds in the library are really high quality and is great for composing. I personally love the ease of mixing vocals and actually seeing while hearing what I am actually doing.

Cons

Could implement a more flexible EQ with dynamic EQ options and frequency isolation. I find the flex time tool is still a bit touch and go with audio clicks and crackles and some other unwanted audio artefacts.

Reasons for switching to Logic Pro

I made the switch because FL Studio for vocals for me was tricky to use with adding effects etc. Adding busses and sub mixers I found a little bit difficult as well.

June 2022

Live Loops a great time saver in Logic

I have loved LP Live Loops and the flexibility of use with a control surface. Over time I have learnt how to integrate LP with Final Cut Pro. I would like to see more done to make LP work better with M1 Pro Computers.

Pros

It is impressive what I am able to achieve in short time by using Logic Pro (LP) live loops. There are tons of loops available which allow me to experiment various songs ideas. I have been able to create projects with loops only and export them as XML to Final Cut Pro. The loops are very adjustable and flexible to work with in LP and I am able to use a control surface with a lot of ease for faster workflow.

Cons

I was excited with news of LP optimization for M1 Pro computers. However, it has been tears for me and a long story of regrets for another day. Nothing seems to work anymore. The software keeps on crashing. There does not seem to be a solution and almost tempted to move on to something else for now.

Reasons for switching to Logic Pro

Live loops LP are offer ideation at another level and integrates well with Final Cut Pro

Amazing Music Production Software with the Magic of Apple

Overall, my experience with Logic Pro is extremely positive. I highly recommend this software to anyone who is a composer or music producer looking for an intuitive yet incredibly customizable solution. While Logic Pro has a slightly higher learning curve for beginners, anyone in the music industry will appreciate the advanced features and infinite customization options Logic Pro provides. From the sampler that can be used to create custom instrument sample libraries, to the included sounds that can easily be mixed and modified to fit any production, Logic Pro is by far the most advanced and intuitive music production software I have tried.

Pros

Logic Pro is by far, the best music production software I have used. The ease of use and intuitive interface make it a clear extension of the Apple line up. The clean, modern and futuristic design set it apart from the competitors which can sometimes resemble being stuck in the 1950's. I love how everything is customizable, including colors and labels. Third party plugins such as NI Kontakt integrate easily, and the included sound libraries in Logic Pro allow for infinite creativity right from the start. I love the new sampler and the new loop feature included with the latest update. The logic remote is perhaps one of the features with the most potential, since it allows users to use their iPad as a mixer or additional controller. This removes the need for additional hardware, which is a huge plus for touring musicians who want to keep their bag light. (Now if Apple could invent a way to connect multiple iPads to form an 88 key piano keyboard with velocity sensitivity and sustain pedal, that would be truly epic). With built in score functionality, and endless editing options, overall, this is by far the best music production software out there.

Cons

Overall Logic Pro is the best music production software I have used. The only downsides I have encountered are a few software glitches, including a problem when exporting audio. There is some kind of glitch I have experienced on and off for years, when audio is exported or bounced, instead of ending at the end of the recording, it keeps going on for several minutes after the audio has stopped, ending up with several minutes of silence at the end of each track I need to manually cut out. Another area for improvement might be ease of switching between views. While the interface itself is stunning and very intuitive, switching between views and other functions are not beginner friendly. All kinds of keyboard shortcuts are needed, for example, command K for musical typing window to pop up, etc, and then it gets in the way, so it needs to be repeatedly closed and reopened. Perhaps in the future there could be a way to streamline all of this, so it is more dynamic, and less stop and go.

Sherwin

Professional Music Recording Software Now Easier To Use

Alongside the range change, Apple have additionally presented ostensibly the main UI upgrade that the program has yet seen. Logic's beforehand inadequate menu structure has been fully explored to give simpler admittance to the program's many orders, and that is presumably something to be thankful for. The Track menu from the old Orchestrate window has been elevated to the primary menu bar, and is joined by different menus, for example, Explore, Record, Blend and View. I was genuinely very much familiar with Logic's previous menu structures, yet this is most certainly an improvement.

Pros

Logic Pro X presently has a legitimate auto-save execution that works behind the scenes, so you don't need to stress over losing data assuming that something terrible occurs and you've forgetten to save. I just had one accident in the wake of refreshing to 10.0.1 (10.0 had a couple of dependability issues), and Logic provoked me promptly after restarting to inquire as to whether I needed to utilize the auto-save variant or my last saved rendition. Luckily, auto-save appeared to have kicked in just before the accident, and nothing was lost. This is clearly a major improvement upon Logic Pro 9.

Cons

Prior to going any further, I ought to take note of that when you open Logic Pro X interestingly, you probably won't see every one of the orders you're anticipating in the program. In what could be viewed as a somewhat questionable move to cause the program to appear to be less overpowering to newbies, Apple have added a High level Devices mode that should be empowered to show highlights like the Occasion, Marker, Rhythm and Mark Records, or MIDI Draw and step input recording. There are likewise extra 'high level' choices for sound, encompass, MIDI, control surfaces, score and high level altering usefulness. So the main thing you ought to do subsequent to stacking Logic Pro X is to open the High level Inclinations board and ensure these choices are empowered.

Dan

November 2022

I hate how much I love Logic Pro.

I use this product daily, and I love it. However, I also go ballistic at the product almost daily for one glitch or another. I'd never go to another DAW!

Pros

As an owner of a recording studio, I've built my entire business off the back of Logic. In comparison to other DAW's, it's just the best and I believe it's the industry standard for recording and mixing vocals. Track composition is very easy as it has a highly intuitive interface to record midi. I'll always recommend it to anybody who's a producer.I've been using it for nearly 10 years now and I'm still learning new shortcuts - it's great. Everybody who uses logic has a different trick to teach each other!

Cons

Plug-in integration isn't always smooth, it can also be quite glitchy. We have a running joke in our recording studio about this.

Ian

Logic Pro review

Very good

Pros

How universally used it is. Sharing projects with others is easy. So, so many features - always finding out new shortcuts and helpful features. Some very good native instruments and plugins

Cons

Audio editing is more intuitive in some other pieces of software

Todd

October 2022

Wonderful software to use with high school students

It's an excellent value, especially as part of the Pro Apps Education Bundle. I highly recommend it to all educators for music technology labs.

Pros

I love that the software is both incredibly accessible and extremely powerful. Students who have dabbled with GarageBand before can pick up Logic very quickly. It has an extensive loops library and some excellent stock plug-ins.

Cons

No big issues, but I wish there was a better native formant shifter. Also, it's annoying that it doesn't allow for VST plugins.

Reasons for switching to Logic Pro

Logic is the full-feature version of the software. We upgraded when we were approved for grant funding.

Tomas

October 2022

Amazing DAW for all types of music

Pros

It's so easy to use and the live loops are a really fun way to create electronic music.

Cons

To be fair, it has all I need. I have been using it for many years and I'm always discovering new things in this DAW

Michele

Industry: Music

one of the best music production software ever

Pros

One of the most intuitive software ever, in some day you'll start to move through Logic just as you move into your house! the feature i like the most is the composition one.

Cons

The part i like the less is the mixing one, i had to deal so much with it before I mastered it.

Carlos

Apple's Magnum Opus, shows how good they are at writing software

Pros

One of the first things I do when trying out music software is to look for presets/demo projects that are included with them and Apple hit the home run with this one. It starts with the project file for Ocean Eyes by [SENSITIVE CONTENT] which lets you get an insight into Finneas mind and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] impressive vocal arrangements, followed by the Spatial Audio project for Montero by [SENSITIVE CONTENT] which serves as a mind blowing tech demo for the new mixing features as well as an example of a very intricate project running without dropping a sweat thanks to the M1 chip optimization. Both of this show Apple's influence in the industry, since no one else could get project files directly from such high profile artists, as well as give you an idea of how complete is the toolset in Logic. Neither of this projects have plugins, nor do they need them. Logic pro is a good value at $200, but it's specially noticeable since you have to compare it to the more-expensive "Suite" versions of the other DAWs that cost at least x4 as much. Audio manipulation was another highlight. Both of this artists are known for complex vocal arrangements and, specially [SENSITIVE CONTENT] heavy use of pitch correction. I expected to get an auto-tune bounce of the vocals but I was greatly surprised when I found that not only were the alternative versions of the phrases included (both of them do a lot of vocal comping) but the pitch correction was also done natively, which means you could explore the raw samples.

Cons

I'm not the biggest fan of Piano Roll/Midi editing, since I feel is more geared towards recording rather than building with a mouse and keyboard like some of the competition (e.g. Live, FL studio). Dealing with a big sample library is also a bit weird, but what I found that works best is to look for the samples on Finder or on something like the Splice app and drag-and-drop them directly into the session/sampler I'm using.

Reasons for switching to Logic Pro

Native support for the new M1 chips on the Macs. Better (And I mean, WAY better) pitch manipulation tools for stuff like correcting vocal recordings and such. Free updates!!!

Jeremy

An Excellent DAW for Apple Users

Logic Pro has become my secondary DAW, with many features that keep me coming back for more. The optimization on Apple products is incredible; it's very hard for me to max-out mixes on my 2019 iMac. The Match EQ plugin is very useful for matching sounds (vocal takes, mixes), the Drummer instrument is stunning, and the unique editing features are well-suited to certain projects. I would need to see drastic improvement in the speed of the audio engine to consider fully switching, but it is an exemplary DAW which deserves the attention of every musician on an Apple product.

Pros

Logic Pro X is a full-featured digital audio workstation that can easily meet the needs of beginners and pros alike. Those who grew up on Apple Garageband will find the interface immediately familiar while expanding their mixing knowledge. For professionals, all the bells and whistles are here, especially the included effects and libraries, which are considered some of the best stock plugins on the market. The Logic Drummer instrument is mind-blowingly good, with perfect studio sound and amazing A.I. performances. And all this in a clean, tidy interface. Logic Pro will reward users to spend time to dig deeper into its feature set, and at the price, it's hard to beat.

Cons

However, Logic is (rightly) notorious for being counterintuitive at times. Important functions are often hidden away in contextual menus; Logic hides most of its essential features unless you activate them in preferences (again, seeming to favour the beginner over the professional); attempts at simplifying the recording process are poorly executed; the Auto-Punch feature will randomly kick in while recording; a gap in playback can be heard when punching in audio takes, and many other basic functions result in long Google searches to figure out. Plus, updates tend to emphasize showy new features over improving functionality.

Reasons for choosing Logic Pro

I was hoping to integrate myself further into the Apple ecosystem while taking advantage of the massive performance optimization of Logic Pro, and it did not disappoint in that category. It's snappier than Pro Tools, and the interface is less cramped and clunky than Reason, and will feel familiar to audio professionals.

Eddie

Logic Pro Insight

When I was working on DragonBall Z: Light Of Hope, and was called upon to compose the fight scene; I needed an edge to really dig into both the composition, and the initial mix. I couldn't get to a major studio early on, so I just used my laptop, headphones & Logic. Combined with the VST's I had, I was able to complete the scene as well as complete a rough draft mix of the 30 minute short film. I would have been very difficult to move from studio to studio to complete this, and Logic literally saved the day!!!! That was my crowning achievement as it helped the film go viral, & I could not have done it without Logic Pro.

Pros

Since becoming a full time composer; I love using this software!! The ability to be able to seamlessly use various virtual instruments via MIDI gives this software its strength. No doubt it's greatly improved my quality of compositional music, & it's great for mixing as well. Having used other DAW's for composition; this HANDS down is one of the best in the market today!

Cons

One of my biggest gripes is when it comes to user windows & quick keys. It's not too user intuitive when it comes to having to quickly mix a song, although it's not as bad as people say. However as a professional audio engineer who uses Pro Tools quite a bit for mixing and editing, this is one of the weaknesses of Logic.

Jimmy