• Pros

• "I use it everyday to make my music its easy to use and learn if you dont know how it works. there good sounds/ instruments and lots on controls to do effects. "

• "I got logic when a client had me mix a project recorded in it. Previously, I used mostly ProTools (and still do) before but Logic was quick to pickup and installed effortlessly on my MacBook Pro."

• "LogicX is full of added extras, from its huge library of beats to its vast selection of synthesis and I haven't even started on its editing prowess."

• Cons

• "sometimes it has jus booted me out and I lost sessions if I didn't save it. wish there was a auto save more then the auto save there is on the program. and more sounds is always nice. "

• "It would be nice to interchange sessions between other DAWs, but I'm not sure this is a shortcoming of Logic or just a coordination and standardization issue."

• "You still have to be careful with deleting stuff because under certain settings it has destructive editing features."

Browse Logic Pro Reviews

Robert from Nostairway Media

My go-to audio sequencer

Logic is the most flexible music sequencer available. It is also a mighty powerful audio editor, competing with the bigger players - ProTools and Nuendo in most areas. I prefer to use one sequencer for all my needs and Logicx is the most flexible.

Reasons for Choosing Logic Pro

Adaptability, flexibility and overall ease of use.

I switched when I changed to Mac machines as LogicX is an Apple product

JESUS from ARTSANTANA

BEST ONE IN MUSIC MARKET

Very happy to have in my professional work, now feel like to have 3 arms !!!

Pros

Help me too much, till today, to compose near 300 new songs, all from first melody till full edition of professional scores and Mp3 of each step till full orchestration. Excellent for music Production.

Cons

Full of good elements for make more and more better productions.

Reasons for Choosing Logic Pro

Absolutely more easy to work, more modern and more complet !!!

Reasons for Switching to Logic Pro

Finding the best program for to work without loosing good things and avoiding waste the time.

christy from Hypnomusicsounds

Logic Pro Review

I have used Logic extensively in the past on feature movies and shirts, remixing, producing hypnotherapy scripts and music. I have exported/imported many different files from the DAZ.

Pros

I love the drummer feature! The mpc grooves are awesome, that pitch drop...! I love the mixer interface! Logic Pro is awesome fun and very professional.

Cons

The built in presets sound quite generic but this can easily be complimented by vst and audio units

Christian from CCMUSIC

Industry: Music

Good software but no, thanks

I tried this software for some days in my cousin's macbook but honestly.. i don't like it too much.

Pros

A lot of functions, it's really simple to use and has nice graphics, really useful but has some cons.

Cons

It's made only for Mac and the price is a bit high..

Eddie from eddiebowermusic

Logic Pro Insight

When I was working on DragonBall Z: Light Of Hope, and was called upon to compose the fight scene; I needed an edge to really dig into both the composition, and the initial mix. I couldn't get to a major studio early on, so I just used my laptop, headphones & Logic. Combined with the VST's I had, I was able to complete the scene as well as complete a rough draft mix of the 30 minute short film. I would have been very difficult to move from studio to studio to complete this, and Logic literally saved the day!!!! That was my crowning achievement as it helped the film go viral, & I could not have done it without Logic Pro.

Pros

Since becoming a full time composer; I love using this software!! The ability to be able to seamlessly use various virtual instruments via MIDI gives this software its strength. No doubt it's greatly improved my quality of compositional music, & it's great for mixing as well. Having used other DAW's for composition; this HANDS down is one of the best in the market today!

Cons

One of my biggest gripes is when it comes to user windows & quick keys. It's not too user intuitive when it comes to having to quickly mix a song, although it's not as bad as people say. However as a professional audio engineer who uses Pro Tools quite a bit for mixing and editing, this is one of the weaknesses of Logic.

Nick from Nick Landis, LLC

Nice DAW

Worked well and sounded good. I'd use it again if i needed to.

austin from austin book

Austin book

its the best music software in my opinion. I love it I use it 24 / 7

Russell from Self Employed

Bang for your Buck, Great for Home Studio

Fantastic. It has saved me thousands of dollars and hours of headaches that come with chasing the update and plug-in bandwagon that is Pro-Tools + Waves and other mainstream Pro Audio solutions.

Pros

This software comes with everything you need to record, produce, and master your projects. It's all in there and it's only $200.

Cons

There's not much to dislike about this software, but as it is less common in studios as a main workhorse, you will sometimes be forced to convert your projects for working with ProTools. This is, however, quite easily done in practice.

Joshua from Skool Aid

The Standard

I love using Garageband for recording ideas quickly if I am really in the zone and then using Logic to mix and master.

Pros

I really appreciate how Logic can import your Garageband files - If you've been working in Garageband and are looking to upgrade, this is the best option for being able to work with those files.

Cons

I think some of the GUI is a bit clunky and can be optimized but if you've been using Garageband it should all make sense pretty quickly.

Mert from GRUP OTOMASYON

Yes really Pro

Pros

provides completely unlimited control to the user

Cons

Mixing ability is very simple according to protools.

Alcides from Belas Artes studios

Industry: Music

Great software for the money

Once you learn the basics, you can intuitively find your way around this great product.

Pros

I like the fact that, aside from its recording and mixing capabilities, the software comes bundled with high quality patches for an incredible price.

Cons

There's nothing that I didn't like about this software.

Reasons for Switching to Logic Pro

Pro tools does not give you the same flexibility and compatibility with plugins from other manufacturers.

Stefan from Insight Music

Logic Pro is the king of music production

Extremely good, I've used this for many years and will continue to do so.

Pros

Logic Pro offers everything you'll need for audio recording, music production, mixing and mastering.

Cons

the price can and will put some people off, but you get a powerful piece of software for your money.