Browse REAPER Reviews

Cristhian Josue from El Punto Lab

Reaper, when the community makes a daw great.

Pros

Reaper is the daw you always wanted if you are looking for a great community that will welcome you with open arms, in my opinion, the ability of the developers of this daw to listen to the community is undoubtedly the best of this software. despite its visual ineffectiveness, reaper is the right alternative for Linux users, because this daw bets for simplicity and compatibility with any operating system, leaving aside more visual or unnecessary aspects.

Cons

Reaper can look intimidating, it looks like software from the '00s rather than a current daw, usually, people who want to give a chance to this daw are novices in the field of music production, so they might be overwhelmed by many aspects of this daw, either the poor quality in the visual aspect, the unpopularity of this daw in the mainstream or simply the prejudices that each person may have.

Benjamin from Bob Heavens

Industry: Music

Great software for independent artists

I started using Reaper when I realized that my version of Cubase was obsolete. A friend recommended it and I tried it, band members started using it as well and now we can teach each other things. I use Reaper on Windows now and have not tried the Linux build but I think that's great! I used to run Reaper on a laptop I found in a dumpster, the Windows build run through WINE in Ubuntu. I didn't have any issues, but I think I only used it for editing, maybe not for recording.

Pros

It was free to try and there are tons of tutorials online and other people using Reaper to learn tips and how to use it. It's similar enough to the other programs I've used (Cubase/Protools) that I could jump in and learn from there. The EQ plugin interface is very nice as well. I find it is very convenient to use the waveform and move/change band points.

Cons

The only problems I've run into have involved things that I overlooked or didn't completely understand. I have been able to fix them, easily though not always quickly. I can't say that I have anything I like least about it. It's great.

Reasons for Switching to REAPER

A friend started using Reaper and told me about how cool it is. I realized that my version of Cubase was pretty old and I gave Reaper a try.

Reaper of wallet

May if monthly low cost fee I MAY not mind using. Or even a whole selection of overall understanding feature breakdown wouldn't been too bad. I liked certain features, but it was too confusing what and how to use.

Pros

I enjoy the hovering over the setting and education of what it would do. As well the sound quality captured is good.

Cons

It surprised me when the app inform me that I would be charged within the 3rd time using it. I hate how money hungry it seem. As well there was no outline to study what or how to use anything.

Reasons for Switching to REAPER

Looking for a good programming that can help fully explain what and how. As well not losing wasted work.

Rafael from Codebase

For experts and begginers

After two years using this DAW, i definitely won't change anything of the software, the way that the company offers the DAW is really generous, i'm not welling to give a chance to other software.

Pros

In my opinion, Reaper is the most friendly software to use among all the options that someone could choose. It is easy to use, easy to watch, you have a great work flow with the interface and also the native plugins are so good and have a great quality.

Cons

I think that the only thing that i dislike is the design of the desing of the native plugins, it is so simple, maybe if developers change this just a little bit, with some colors and different icons, people would use it more.

FLAVIO from ViT

Reaper reaped expensive competitors

During this pandemic era, I and friends played remotely and recorded some songs without getting together. Reaper made this much more fun and easier than using traditional heavy softwares such as Sonar and Cubase.

Pros

Reaper is light, fast, cheap, effective, intuitive, fun to use! I tried last 3 decades many other music production softwares, most of them are huge slow monsters, full of bugs.

Cons

The online help is not as good as the software itself, but most of time I found on YouTube tutorials produced by the users which helped me a lot.

Reasons for Choosing REAPER

Reaper price is much more attractive and it is faster with much better usability.

Reasons for Switching to REAPER

Reaper is faster and consume less computer resources. It has also a great stability.

Andy from Montgomery Group

Stability is Reaper's Greatest Asset Compared to Leading Competitors.

I would not jump from this music software package to anything else now having seen how far I can reach musically now because I have learned the shortcuts to make music.

Pros

Reaper's stability is undoubtebly one of it's strongest features compared to other leading competitors. Never in 2 years has it ever crashed! Even the load time and resources used barely affects my RAM.

Cons

To get the best out of Reaper, follow Reaper's video tutorials on Youtube. You will save your self hundreds of hours of setting up and learning all of the features. I didn't do this and learned the hard way.

Reasons for Choosing REAPER

Reaper's price is totally unbeatable - But well worth the purchase. Support the guys and pay the small amount for the full version, it's totally worth it!

Reasons for Switching to REAPER

Pro Tools crashes a lot - How can you make music with such an unreliable piece of music software?

Maciej from Maciej Nowak

My go to DAW

I am a hobbyist musician and have been using Reaper since 2009 (switched from ProTools). I am a big fan of this DAW as I know it, yet I have so much more to learn and so many features I did not get to know yet.

Pros

Reaper has the most intuitive workflow for me. Before using Reaper, I tried Pro Tools, Cubase and Cakewalk. Reaper fits my needs the best. I love that the developers are conbstantly updating it and adding new features.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like in Reaper. There is maybe a steep learning curve if you are used to using another DAW, but Reaper is definitely worth it.

Reasons for Switching to REAPER

Reaper is much cheaper option and at the same time does not lack features.

Reaper offers great flexibility at an incredible price point

Reaper has opened up several workflow improvements and allows better collaboration with other reaper users. VST support is strong and the stability under load improves productivity.

Pros

Very lightweight, bloat free yet fully featured DAW software that installs and loads really quickly. The sheer flexibility and customisation available is almost overwhelming but offers a tailormade solution for most users. It runs well and seems incredibly stable.

Cons

Initial options for customisation can appear a little overwhelming and a new, different workflow layout can cause several head scratching moments. The user community is very passionate, knowledgeable and helpful and are happy to guide through the initial acclimatisation process.

Reasons for Switching to REAPER

We got fed up with program instability and lack of apparent product development.

Simon from simonmanuel.com

Industry: Music

Easily the best DAW an first time user would like!

Starting off young and having no money to spare, REAPER was a god-send. It helped me to scale my business and get better projects while not making a huge dent in the bank.

Pros

In the summer of 2009, while still at school, I was looking for a piece of software I could use to record music. While the few free options out there were not all the great, I felt like I hit a goldmine when I found REAPER. Even after all these years have passed, they haven't shifted their business model and allow small production houses to use a discounted license (though I did it use for free, for many years). Most plugins that you find built into the software is more than enough for even Grammy winning recordings. It simply is the best software you could use for audio and media production.

Cons

Since this was my first DAW of choice and having used it for 10+ years now, there hasn't been a single time that I've been scratching my head, looking for a feature or how to use something. The simplicity in design and great user experience have left nothing to be desired.

Sanjay from Sanshuk

Reaper Review.

Overall I like this software very much since last 2 years because after working on this software you do not have to go anywhere else.

Pros

This software is fully capable of producing a complete production of audio editing mixing with absolutely professional quality. This software is technically very advanced, you can see all the details of the audio track here.

Cons

Due to being technically stronger than other audio editing software, the new user has to study a lot before using it.

vitor from vitorstrings

reaper é bom ?

desenvolvo na minha empresa com o reaper automações ,mixagens e masterizações de clientes insatisfeitos com trabalho mal sucedido de terceiros.

Pros

layout de fácil acesso ,menus ,opções e ajudas tudo muito fácil de encontrar ótimo processamento . desemprenho muito bom. e apesar de tudo não ocupa muito espaço . sem duvidas a melhor DAW ( digital Áudio Workstation) que eu já encontrei durante anos e anos de trabalhos e produções

Cons

bom para meu gosto pessoal eu não gosto dos temas default dele . mais nada que uma boa troca de pacote de tema não resolva

Francisco from Lcblue music

Industry: Music

Best DAE with the best trial deal

For beginners and professionals, you can do whatever you want,

Pros

Not only for low budget is good, but also is open source, it’s the best daw for computer with low resources, the almost perfect daw

Cons

The UI can be a little scary and old fashioned but there are tons of themes

Price

Low resources computer

Miguel from Miguel Aguirre

A Good Starting Point

Pros

I've been a REAPER user since 2019 (free trial only), and REAPER has helped me to get started in music production. It was my first DAW and I'm still an user. It is not my only DAW right now but I prefer to polish the final details of a song or a cover in REAPER. I understand why this is the DAW that everyone recommends to a beginner, and that's because for its incredible variety of functions that the free trial already offers to the user. You basically have the full software in the free trial, but obviously you can't market anything without the license (which by the way this one is very cheap compared to other DAW).

Cons

But within all good things there are also bad things. I don't know if I'm the only person this happens to, but I have a lot of problems when it comes to recording on REAPER. I use an audio interface that includes my multi-effect pedalboard, and it doesn't always let me record with it, and when I get it I usually have too much latency, so I don't use REAPER to record. I use it only for production.

Reap the benefits of REAPER

I'm still getting used to REAPER. The program offers such deep ability for configuration that I find myself forcing my attention to the few basic features I need to mix my audio. It's an amazing program for an extremely low price. I plan to spend more time with it and eventually make it my primary audio workstation.

Pros

I like that a personal use license for this digital audio powerhouse is only $60. REAPER is ultra-flexible, allowing a myriad of configuration and user interface customization options. You can download skins that will make REAPER look like Logic Pro, Cubase, Pro Tools, and other DAW's. I really like that REAPER reads all of my VST plugins, as some DAW's (Digital Audio Workstations) don't load VST3 plugins, or plugins by certain manufacturers.

Cons

I don't like the default color scheme of REAPER, but with a wide variety of downloadable skins in the internet, a user doesn't have to settle for REAPER's default appearance.

Manase from Soundhat studio

Industry: Music

Best Multitrack DAW for MIDI recording.

I do most of my HD midi oriented sound creation in this software.

Pros

The easy layout and use and compatibility with most MiDi controllers. Weather YAMAHA, M-AUDIO or AKAI it still rocks fine.

Cons

The graphics in the layout display are not that amazing.

Sven from Sven Horvat

The best DAW there is

Reaper is just a fun software to use, I use it with ease and my only musical background is an intetmediate guitar knowledge.

Pros

Reaper is just a very easy software to use for up and coming artists. It's cheap and intuitive, it's effective at its job and amusing. Compared to others, this seems to be lighter and faster.

Cons

The only trouble I had with this software are the tutorials but they can be found by just searching the tool name on google or youtube.

Tony from T.A.L.L. Consulting

Reaper - Best for the money!

Pros

The cost of Reaper is why it is so attractive. In the end if you are going pro you will need to spend more money. But you can purchase a user license extremely cheap and have most of the functions you need in a DAW to create and mix great music.

Cons

It just wasn't "pro" level. But again, for the money there is nothing out there that has as much to offer as Reaper does. If you aren't trying to mix to a movie or do some other pro level recording with advanced work flow requirements this is the DAW for you!

Reasons for Switching to REAPER

Logic is MAC only. Reaper will run on Windows, which is my preferred OS.

Young from Young Antares

Great for beginners

Ive been using it for around 3 years for making music, never disappointed me.

Pros

Its really simple to use, perfect for beginner artists, many options

Cons

For its price definetely nothing to complain about

Llanoi from University of Technology

Reaper Rocks!

Pros

Easy to use music editing platform. With practice, creating remixes became a breeze.

Cons

Haven’t found any noteworthy issues with the software.