• Pros

• "It's super easy to upload photos, even on my slow connection it handles them easily. I LOVE that you can roll-over previous days work load, since most days my subs are doing the same things."

• "This is a very easy to use application, the interaction with my phone makes life a lot easier and frees me up to focus on my job... "

• "Very user friendly. Great support network . Been using Raken for over four years . Wish I could my new firm to use it "

• Cons

• "It's not a negative, but it does have some features that we simply do not use. Making it too integrated can make it a little cumbersome for some new users."

• "Would have loved a quantities drop down menu but can work around that. "

• "I experienced a few issues uploading pictures but they were fixed. "

Browse Raken Reviews

Aneisha from LeadersN Property Solutions

Industry: Civil Engineering

Do we love Raken? Yes, let me count the ways!

Just amazing! It doesn't matter if it is billing, recommendations, walking a non-tech employee through logging on, assisting on feature access or training, this company is by far one of the best in customer service and the level of power for field reporting is superior to anything we have had in the past!

Pros

1. Cloud based (no expensive servers, no storage limits) 2. Extremely easy to use 3. Allows Foremen/Superintendents to have very detailed field reports 4. Can share photos, recordings, weather, and reports with a link vs. large emails 5. Can track jobs by crews, employee, and cost codes 6. Easily document weather delays 7. Voice recording allows for a LOT of flexibility and complete detail 8. Phone, ipad, tablets or desktop are part of the accessibility with just a logon 9. All this at an affordable price 10. If you need to go to mediation and/or court, this is quite the electronic storage 11. Allows for employee to sign the time/work performed and no accidents 12. Easily modify your daily field report for different jobs.

Cons

1. We started when it first launched and it didn't have all the features but they were listening and added new things constantly 2. Would like to see more gps functions later for time card validating

Response from RAKEN

Replied October 2018

Thanks for your time writing this review and feedback, Aneisha! This is very exciting to hear. We have built Raken based on customer feedback and will continue to do so. Thank you!

Tim from Bouma

Best Software for Daily Reports

We have been able to easily track many daily reports of our projects using Raken. Being able to have them all in one location is nice. Also, sending out daily reports to other people that need to see them is a great feature.

Pros

Using Raken for the past 3+ years, I have seen the software develop and continue to expand. Raken strives to be on the leading edge for keeping track of day to day activities on a construction site. Using the app on my phone or tablet has been very helpful in keeping track of jobsite Daily Reports. Being able to attach pictures to the report is great.

Cons

There has not been any issues or problems with the software that has stood out to me. Only thing I've had trouble with in the past has been pictures uploading sideways. This was corrected with an update to the app.

Reasons for Choosing Raken

We had been using our own template prior to purchasing Raken.

Response from RAKEN

Replied January 2020

Hey Tim, thank you for the review and feedback!

Gabrielle from Contractor /Commercial and industrial / Consultation agency

Professional Daily Reporting App

Effective and efficient way to keep track of data and information for construction and contracting companies. This software supports the growing interest in using new technology in the workplace, especially in construction.

Pros

Very basic and simple way to keep track of daily reports, time cards, and daily tasks while out on the job site. The app can be used on Apple or Android devices. Weekly and monthly summaries are automatically sent to your email from the app, which is very convenient and cuts time of actually having to enter data manually onto spread sheets. Updates through pictures and videos of projects and job sites from anyone is another great feature of the software. Time cards are automatically updated and can be edited as needed by the company or by the employee without the hassle of having to log into HR.

Cons

The app is meant to make daily tasks easier to keep track of, but that doesn't mean that it will keep track of everything and won't have software issues along the way. Depending on the amount of system update tracking, older devices, especially smartphones, may not be supported at all or for very long. That is important to look into when looking for a safe and efficient app that deals with information that is vital to your company. There also is not a backup guarantee if something with the system crashes so always have another way of tracking your data!

Response from RAKEN

Replied February 2019

Thanks for the review, Gabrielle! Glad to hear Raken is working out well for you. We have the ability to customize survey questions, which will help you keep track of your information, but if there¿s anything more specific you¿d like to see, please let us know! We¿re constantly working on developing new tools that will help improve you with your daily tasks, so feel free to reach out by email to help@rakenapp.com. Thanks!

Joe from White River Flooring Inc

Super Easy & Effective

Has been great. Customer support is excellent. They check in to make sure everything is OK frequent on the beginning while you are learning. After that they still occasionally check in & if you message them on the RAKEN site they are quick to respond.

Pros

The ease of tracking what is going on with my jobs & being able to hold others accountable by having record of the quality of work we are doing. We polish concrete so in the past without this program we would polish a floor & other trades would come in & abrade the floor with the grit & grime brought in & not cleaned up because the parking lots are rarely finished until the end. When the job was ready to turn over to the customer of course the shine was not as good & we would get the blame for not polishing well originally. Now we have documented readings of our shine & no issues. The GC's really like this as well as I email to them daily to show our progress & things we need them to do to operate.

Cons

I have no complaints. I do have a suggestion if you could make the workers to where if you made a mistake while inputting their information (name) to be able to edit instead of having to delete & redo. Not a big deal if that is not east to do.

Response from RAKEN

Replied March 2019

Hey Joe, thank you for the great feedback and review, we love hearing stories of how Raken helps our customers protect their work and communicate easily and effectively. As for editing worker information, we would love to assist in answering this request for you. Please reach out to us at help@rakenapp.com or give us a call at 866-438-0646. Thanks Joe!

Chris from Managed Response, Inc.

Shaves 30-45 minutes off of our previous reporting system

I use this application every work day that I have a project ongoing, love it...

Pros

Cons

Not much to not like, I would like it if I was able to keep information to roll over (or copy to) the next days report, to save redundancy...

Reasons for Choosing Raken

This high reviews

Response from RAKEN

Replied October 2019

Hey Chris! Thank you for the review! In Raken you do have the ability to rollover information. If you need any help figuring it out, email us at help@rakenapp.com or call us directly at 866-438-0646 and we'll be happy to show you how!

John A. from Spring Contracting Group, LLC

Simple and Comprehensive Field Productivity App

Our superintendents dreading writing out laborious daily reports. RAKEN makes field reporting far more efficient and allows our guys to spend more time doing what they need to do, to supervise and manage the work in the field.

Pros

It's easy for our supers to keep track of their daily field reports, click of a button, on their iPads. Couldn't be easier. The ability to view the reports in the office on our desktop is key. The email notifications are great.

Cons

none, it accomplishes all that we need it to do.

Response from RAKEN

Replied January 2019

Hey John, thank you for the awesome feedback! We are glad it works so well for your superintendents. If you ever have questions or are in need of assistance with Raken, please contact us at any time at 866-438-0646 or email us at help@rakenapp.com.

Robb from Weitz

Superintendent

Excellent

Pros

Cons

Hoping they will do a software for QC and punch

Response from RAKEN

Replied January 2019

Thanks for your feedback, Robb! As I¿m sure you¿ve noticed over the past few years, we¿re constantly building new tools to help you with your job. I¿ll let our team know you¿re looking for tools to assist with QC and punch lists. Thanks again!

Ashley from Cunningham-Limp

Good for our use

Pros

It made it easy to capture daily reports for all of our projects. Tracking delays and making sure that every day had been captured.

Cons

Having to purchase multiple licenses to capture all of our projects (Superintendent log ins)

Response from RAKEN

Replied August 2019

Thanks for the feedback and review, Ashley! We're glad to hear that Raken makes tracking daily information easy even across multiple projects.

Adrienne from Southeast Concrete Systems, Inc

Easy to use, awesome platform for reporting.

I've been really happy with them. Customer service is great every single time I contact them with a question or suggestion.

Pros

Easy to navigate, love the amount of features available. Everything we need relating to jobsite tracking is contained in here!

Cons

I wish they had a build-out of subcontractor companies.. there are only timecards for individual workers right now.

Response from RAKEN

Replied February 2019

Thanks for your feedback, Dufina! Glad to hear that it¿s helping you track your jobs. We¿d love to get more information about what you¿re looking for in regards to the build out of subs as well as the time cards. Please email us at hello@rakenapp.com so we can discuss what you¿re looking for and share it with our Product team. Thanks again!

Charles from Hensel Phelps Construction Company

Impressed

Daily electronic reporting, internally and externally with trade partners (subcontractors) and other stakeholders and collaborators, has NEVER been easier. Service has been top notch. I genuinely like this platform. I hope that they can continue to add modules while maintaining the sleek and intuitive design. Simple is good, very good. Please don't screw it up

Pros

Clean, very clean. Easy, very easy. Not too "heavy" yet fully capable of accomplishing solid outputs while maintaining simple and intuitive user input experience. This platform appears to have been built and designed by folks who REALLY know the industry and it's challenges.

Cons

Unintentional deletion of previously entered data is a concern.

Response from RAKEN

Replied August 2019

Hey Charles, thank you for the awesome review. We love hearing this kind of feedback and look forward to keeping things top-notch for you and your team in the future.

Construction is Hard, But Daily Reporting Does Not Have to Be

Raken was the solution to our Daily Report Delema. Years of filing paper dailys left us with mountains of papers to file, lack of information, and inconsistent reporting. On the surface this is OK until something happens down the road that you need to look back. Sometimes a job that is over 5 years old needs to get dusted off and dredged out from the bowels of the filing cabinet. Raken solves that with its easy to use interface, cloud storage, and impressive looking reports. What sold us the most on the product was its ability to incorporate photos into our reports. It is well worth the upgrade in the account. Since our companies owner is not around all the time it allows him to log in at the beginning of each day and quickly get a visual feel for how each of our jobs are going. And we all know that a picture is worth a thousand words. This is paramount when an issue arises; photographic proof is money- be it going into your pocket, keeping it from coming out of your pocket, or in the monetary value of time. Although I would not say that Raken takes our employees less time in the field than our traditional reports (as their product promises) it does provide us with consistent reports that are easy for us to send to clients when needed, asses for subcontractor billing and most importantly: They guys USE it. Nothing is harder than getting your construction crew to follow a clerical procedure. Raken solves that with its easy to use mobile interface.

Pros

It is a software my guys in the field will and do use. It is simple as that.

Cons

Although constant updates are good, Raken does change their online site up relatively frequently as they roll out newer and better options for the product. Although the end result is good, for those who do not adapt to change in the technology world, or are not tech savvy it can be a bit frustrating.

Response from RAKEN

Replied March 2019

Thank you for your review and feedback! We really appreciate this information as it helps with further development of Raken. If you need any assistance with using Raken in the most efficient way possible, please feel free to reach out to us at help@rakenapp.com or give us a call at 866-438-0646. We would be happy to help. Thank you!

Jason from Barton Malow

The Barton Malow Review

I can hold people accountable for there actions of projected dates vs delivered dates. I can log deliveries as well as the inventory sheets of these deliveries.

Pros

I like that I can update from my Ipad and it will generate to my desk top and phone in real time. I also like that you can customize the review questions/inspection questions. I also like that I can email the uploaded and signed report to anyone I need to.

Cons

I would like to see my subs reports prior to having to sign the report as it generates the signed report. I would also like to have an option to upload videos as well. I would like to be able to search the reports making it easier to look up documentation as we move through the project., Sometimes we are required to supply dates and times of activities and or documented issues. It makes it a long investigation period when searching an issues or log that was done 8months in the past. Maybe there can be a key word search added and or task, unless there already is one that I dont know about.

Response from RAKEN

Replied October 2018

Thanks for your review and feedback, Jason! Please contact us at help@rakenapp.com, we will be happy to assist you with the observations you¿ve described. Thank you!

Susan from Diversified Erection Services, Co.

Raken for construction reporting.

We are steel erectors running 3 crews. We were going crazy trying to keep up with who was where doing what. None of our Forman are good with paper processing. We introduced them to Raken and we get more detail on a daily basis that we ever thought possible. They love it....what was burdensome communication is now bragging rights....the Forman take pride in their work and out-do each other with amazing photos of work completion and level of daily accomplishment. We are no longer chasing down fuel and charge card receipts as they just snap a picture of it, include it in the daily activity report and throw the paper away. No more Monday morning crisis calls from the office trying to sort payroll, either. We close everyday knowing how many hours each employee worked on each job. Payroll and cost accounting can now be processed daily and by Monday morning, payroll is all ready to go with the push of a button. The Daily Reports are also very professional in appearance. We are often treated like small potatoes by large General Contractors and now, with our Daily Reports, we no longer have long negotiation sessions over Change Order requests because our work is accurately and professionally documented along with photographs. Thanks, Raken. We are fans.

Pros

simplicity, affordability

Cons

limited search ability from the app.

Response from RAKEN

Replied August 2018

Thanks for the review Susan! Glad we could make your daily reporting process much simpler.

Ammar from Cortel Group

Don't waste more time on daily reports and stay organized!

Pros

1) Its both on the mobile and desktop 2) I added all work logs so that I am always reminded of what things I have to look into 3) It has a task list 4) Can easily navigate between days / work logs 5) You can add pictures directly to any work log 6) It reminds you if you missed a daily report and you can specify which days you work 7) When you have repetitive work logs every day, you can use the roll over button and it'll automatically copy your previous day's report into today, without the pictures! 8) There's a note section where you can add general site notes, safety notes and so on 9) There are 6 survey questions that helps you stay on track every day and remind you of stuff 10) You can add more members and you can all contribute 11) It automatically adds today's weather to the report and so much more! it helps you stay organized and is very user friendly.

Cons

1) I can not export all pictures or reports at once if i'm on the lowest plan 2) when you add a work log, its added to all future days ahead and will always show in the report even if it was empty and not added, this should change and raken should hide empty work logs from the report 3) work logs updates sometimes in a weird way and say you started with 10 work logs every day and if you delete some of the logs to not show in the report empty, raken will eventually update and delete that log from the upcoming days

Response from RAKEN

Replied March 2019

Thanks for all the great feedback, Ammar! We really appreciate it! Please reach out to us at help@rakenapp.com so we can help you with the work log rollover feature. We can turn it off so you can start fresh each day if that¿s preferable. Either way, it would be great to collect further feedback from you. Thank you!

Brian from Royal Glass Company, Inc.

Great keeper of information with Cloud based back up.

The Raken has been a positive addition to our field. It has replaced the old school hard bound book used for daily reports. It has allowed us the ability to diversify the documents we upload, including daily equipment inspections and other paperwork that comes in every day. The additional benefit of uploading photos or project progress and potential issues on site have been a bonus to the project management team in that they can see details if issues without having to go to the field to see them.

Pros

It has been fairly easy for our field end users to operate. By self admittance, we are not the most tech savvy group, but it has proven to be easy to maneuver around and upload documents we find to be important to us.

Cons

Not necessarily a con, but more of a financial decision. We should have upgraded to the next level to really take advantage of the customization. That was our choice and we are working through whether we make the jump to the next level.

Response from RAKEN

Replied October 2018

Thanks for the review, Brian! It's great to hear that Raken is easy to use, especially for a non tech-savvy group, and that you find lots of importance in the app. We appreciate the feedback! Feel free to call our fantastic customer success team at 866-438-0646. They will be happy to help with any questions you may have regarding packages and capabilities.

Eduardo from Construction

Raken reports

Good and fast pace. I like baing able to mix computer and app updating depending on needs.

Pros

I can track delays easily with pictures going back to dates.

Cons

I would like to be able to see a list of one particular section of the survey throughout the whole project instead of looking day by day I.E. - (Oct23) Survey: Any delays today? Yes, rebar was not done on West wall... (Oct 14)Survey: Any delays today? Yes, rebar was not done on North wal... Etc.

Response from RAKEN

Replied March 2019

Thanks for reaching out to us, Eduardo! We have a feature very similar to what you described. If you log on to our web app at app.rakenapp.com, you will be defaulted to our dashboard. From there, click on the search bar at the top. If you're looking for all delays that occurred during the life of a project, select the category 'delays' and the project name. The search results should appear chronologically. Alternatively, you can also use the 'Insights' tab under the 'Delays' graph. You can specify a time frame and a project to see a graph with all delays over time. Clicking on each bar of the graph lets you see each delay in detail. One more option to consider is running a Weekly/Monthly Summary Report. It will include the daily breakdown of delays. Let us know how we can help at help@rakenapp.com. Thank you!

Robert from Bayley

The very best daily reports!

Due to the ease of use of this product, the entire team that now does Daily Reports does them quickly and easily and most important they do them DAILY because of this great product.

Pros

Started out with the free trail version on a single construction project, and after seeing how well it worked and how easy it is, we are implementing this program on several additional teams to get buy-in from more company members. It is extremely easy and QUICK to fill-out valuable daily information. I love the ability to quickly snap pictures right within the app and the final report timestamps the photos and formats them beautifully in the end product for distribution. Implementation of your company-specific logo is a great touch and it is very professional looking.

Cons

I wish we could add some fields / customize them a bit (for example, adding an Overtime and Double Time section to the hours). Also it would be great if we could search from within the iOS app - not just for days but also for content within reports in case we need to go back and look things up.

Response from RAKEN

Replied August 2018

Thanks Robert! Glad to see we're helping you out at Bayley. We're releasing some updates soon to address your concerns with time cards customization. Let us know if you have any other feedback!

John from Hendrick Construction

Raken Haves and Have nots

Raken is good. But far from the best. It is expensive for what little it does. I think for what it offers. Others will soon come along and find it essy to do more for far less

Pros

Raken is for all intents and purposes a great software for daily reports. Weather is right there. Days can be pulled up and out when needed

Cons

There are many things that other software does, within their daily reporting capabilities that Raken simply doesn't. issue tracking and reporting is much better with other software. And the ability to customize the daily reports on a per job basis is better with other software

Response from RAKEN

Replied March 2019

Thanks for your great feedback! We'd love to schedule time to go over Raken with you. Although we start out as a simple easy to use daily reporting app, there¿s a lot more that our software offers, including subcontractor collaboration, photo management, Time Cards, Summary Reports, Executive Dashboard, budgeting of hours, and more. We want to make sure that you get the most out of our solution so please email us at help@rakenapp.com to schedule a free (as always) training session with one of our team members. Thank you!

nichole from EPC Services

Love Raken - Highly recommend

Tracking and receiving daily reports is made possible. Without Raken it would be a paperwork nightmare for everyone.

Pros

The support is the best support out of all the software packages we use. The developers respond quickly to bigger issues and most importantly the software is incredibly intuitive and well designed. All spectrum of technical skills in our company can use it with ease.

Cons

I wish they had more functionalities that we could use. We really only use the Daily reporting function. I would love to be able to download everything into an excel file.

Response from RAKEN

Replied October 2018

Thanks for your feedback, Nichole! We have an Excel report called Manpower Summary which includes every work log ever entered into a daily report including the hours, the name of the contractor, and the description of the work performed. Please reach out to us at help@rakenapp.com and we will give you a rundown of this feature. Thank you!

Kyle from EPC services company

Industry: Utilities

Complete construction management tool

My company used a different field management app a few years ago and it did not have anywhere near the same capabilities as Raken. Raken is a straightforward way to track the progress of your project. Clients who receive the Raken report are also very impressed.

Pros

The software is user friendly, generates clean reports, and allows for all the information needed to keep an accurate and detailed reporting of the day's work.

Cons

The only con that I can think of is I know the Raken administrator for my company has dealt with a couple of glitches. I haven't had any issues though and think the app is great!

Response from RAKEN

Replied March 2019

This is great feedback. If anyone in your organization experiences glitches or issues within Raken, please reach out to us at help@rakenapp.com or call us at 866-438-0646. We will be happy to get it straightened out for you. Thank you for the review, Kyle!

Chris from Engie Services US

Great time saver

Pros

The time it saves. Ease of use. Great to use with pictures.

Cons

Lack of OneDrive interface. Inability to turn off photo saving. Lack of Caching.

Response from RAKEN

Replied October 2018

Thanks for reaching out to us! Please note that we have recently rolled out an integration piece with OneDrive that lets you pick files directly from OneDrive. Photos get automatically saved and organized on your device for you. Photos are autosaved because most customers like to have a backup of the photos added to their reports but we will be sure to communicate with Product that you¿d prefer them not to. For more info in the OneDrive integration, check out this post: https://www.rakenapp.com/blog/announcing-new-raken-integration-with-onedrive As for caching, please stay tuned. We¿re releasing a new version of the app next month which will allow for offline work. Please contact us at help@rakenapp.com if you have any questions. Thank you!

Dianna from Straight Line Construction Co

The crews can do their daily report on time, fast and accurately and can do job in progress photos and videos, step by step, enabling us to keep accurate records which are easily accessible to other team members and management.

Pros

Our field crews are experts in their roles, but not everyone is an expert with software and computer skills. Raken has made it so easy for our crews to be an expert using this program and are able to do their reports on their phones in the field every day and load photos of their work in progress.

Cons

Not everyone needs access to all the advanced features but to upgrade we need to pay per user, regardless if they use them or not.

Response from RAKEN

Replied March 2019

We love hearing how easy it is for your field crews to use Raken on a daily basis. Thank you for the review and feedback, Dianna!

Rachel from Real estate

Raken is easy to use

We are a large construction company with many Foremen and Superintendents, and this software has made it very easy for everyone to complete their dailies. We have one Superintendent who handwrites his daily report, and he just takes a picture of that and submits it. I have needed to call customer service several times, and Raken has probably the best customer service I have ever encountered.

Pros

It is really easy to do dailies. We like the ability to be able to submit pictures with the daily reports.

Cons

This software runs much better on mobile and tablet devices as an app than it does on a desktop computer. On the desktop, we frequently got error messages saying an internal error has occurred. This never happened once on mobiles.

Response from RAKEN

Replied March 2019

Glad to hear Raken is working out well for you, Rachel! We¿re constantly working on developing new tools that will help improve you with your daily tasks, so feel free to reach out by email to help@rakenapp.com. It would be great to address the web issues you¿ve encountered. Thanks!

Isauro from JB Builders of Grand Rapids, Inc

Raken Review

We have been using the Raken app now for almost 8 months. We have found that this greatly cuts on paper waste, and improves response time by having uploads available in real time.

Pros

We are a commercial wood framing company. The best feature of this app is the ease of use for all of our foremen. The speak-to-text works great, and uploading pictures are simple. This gives us plenty of real-tie information.

Cons

Once you have multiple projects going, sometimes it is difficult to find a specific log that mentions a key item you are looking for from a month or two ago. A keyword search feature to sort through the daily logs would be nice.

Response from RAKEN

Replied February 2019

Thanks for the feedback, Isauro! Really glad to hear that Raken has been working out well. In regards to the keyword search, you can actually use the 'Dashboard' tool from the app to search through all your old reports. Once in the 'Dashboard', there's a search icon in the top right, feel free to contact our support if you need any help@rakenapp.com if you need assistance. Thanks again!

skip from Truebeck Construction

Construction Technology Trends 2018

I have not been using it that log and am just getting started on a new project, so not that many subs are on board. I think it is adequate but could have a few more features where you can customize tabs. It doesn't seem like it is not that easy to filter and search topics (but i'm not completely familiar with all features).

Pros

Raken is fairly simple to use. Its feature are not complex or convoluted, and it covers enough to reflect accurate daley activities. I use the software mostly through my phone, but you have the option to do it from a PC.

Cons

Depending on network coverage using from your phone can be negative. When you go into the photo app you can't see the dates photos were taking making it difficult to select correct date range. If sub contractors are inputting info, it would be nice if it showed within specific area (subs work log) real time, so that it can be integrated within licensed users Log (not separate)

Response from RAKEN

Replied March 2019

Thanks for your feedback, Skip! Please stay tuned as we're about to release an app version which supports offline. We will be sure to discuss your feedback regarding subcontractor data inputs with our Product team. For the meantime, feel free to use the 'Dashboard' functionality from either the mobile or web app. It includes a newsfeed of activities from inputs from the field - GC and subcontractor alike. Please contact us at help@rakenapp.com if you need assistance. Thank you!

Jason from Baker Group

Great App

Not only have these daily logs saved our company money from lending legal action (we had photographic eveidence of work completed according to schedule), but some of our vendors have started using Raken for their projects as well.

Pros

We have constructions project all over the state. Raken easily allows remote foreman to update the project management teams with photos, surveys, and daily information as well as an hours worked log.

Cons

As a larger company, we currently have only been able to assign a single administrator to the system. There likely is a way to do this but we haven’t contacted support.

Response from RAKEN

Replied October 2018

Thanks for your feedback, Jason! Please click ¿Team¿, select the desired team member, then click ¿Projects¿ to change someone¿s role to Account Admin. If you need help, please contact us at help@rakenapp.com. Thank you!

Brian from Malic Corp

Raken Accessibility

Pros

Very easy to teach others and ability to basically give the clients and project managers an eyes on the site and consistently be updated on the projects is a huge plus.

Cons

As the person who has access to all of the program, I should be able to translate those powers to the app as well and be able to adjust the options from my phone as well. The phone shouldn't just be for the daily report but for me, Account Admin, to adjust the projects accordingly as well that might be only available on the computer.

Response from RAKEN

Replied October 2018

Thanks for your feedback, Brian! Although our mobile app has been simplified to make it as easy as possible for superintendents and foremen to create daily reports, we do have plans to also add admin type features including template customization and settings directly on the mobile app. For the meantime, feel free to use our web version or let us know if you need any settings changes, we will be more than happy to help. You can find us at help@rakenapp.com. Thank you!

Charles from Topper Construction

Easy and Reliable

It makes it a lot easier for me to keep track of manpower for certified payroll purposes. It is great for allowing others in the office to see the progress of the job on a daily or weekly basis.

Pros

It's a great way to keep track of man power and productivity. Raken is very easy to use and navigate. It keeps track of the weather to go along with the report and time stamps photos which is great for disputes down the road.

Cons

I wish there was a way to do sub categories under a job. I have a big job site with multiple buildings and wish you could set those up under the main instead of just labeling each building in the notes section every time.

Response from RAKEN

Replied October 2018

Hey Charles, thank you for the review and feedback! We will definitely pass this on to our development and product team for further review.

Tory from Webcor Builders

Raken for GC Use

Pros

Input into the fields is easy and the output report looks great.

Cons

Hard to keep up with inputting subs, and then make them active or inactive. Also, it would be nice for uploading pictures to show the dates similar to the iPhone photo library.

Response from RAKEN

Replied October 2018

Thanks for the review, Tory! Appreciate your feedback regarding inactivating subs. Typically, the best way to avoid this is to set an end date for their work so their inactivated automatically. If the date ends up being different, the sub can always mark days as ¿no work days¿ to keep the compliance accurate. Either, this is good feedback for us to discuss internally so thank you. Please stay tuned regarding photo management on the app, we¿ve got a feature similar to what you described in our roadmap. If you need any assistance, please reach out to us at help@rakenapp.com.

Raymond from Mirason Safety LLC.

Streamlined Reporting

The Raken App has streamlined our reporting process. In the past our reporting process included taking photos and field notes. At the end of the day we would have to enter field notes into a word processor, download photos and then merge and convert to a PDF file. The Raken App completes all of these processes automatically and will additonally send the final report to email recipients. Our clients receive a clean, concise report that not only documents our daily observations, but also the progression of the project. In the event that you encounter a problem while using Raken, their customer service is outstanding. I highly recommend the Raken App.

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

The best plan is expensive for a smaller company.

Response from RAKEN

Replied October 2018

Raymond, thank you for the review and feedback. This is what we love to hear and we appreciate you listing the many ways that Raken helps you do your job.

Noah from Triple Mint

Great idea but missing some key features

Pros

Easy to use and take photos for daily construction reports. App works well and didn't crash on me. Unlimited photo storage as well as nice PDF output if needed.

Cons

I really wanted to like this software. Unfortunately it is missing some key features that I needed. You are not able to customize the reports enough for our use. Most importantly you are not able to make some fields required. I need to know YES or NO if a safety walk has been completed that day. The pricing is also way too high for a daily reporting app. Customer Service was very good and they seem to really care but they are missing some basic features.

Response from RAKEN

Replied January 2019

Thanks for your feedback, Noah! As Raken was built entirely around customer feedback, we really appreciate hearing what would help you with your reporting process. I¿m submitting your request to have a mandatory field inside the survey section. Hopefully that¿s something our team will be able to implement in a future release. If there¿s anything else you would like to see, please feel free to reach out to us at help@rakenapp.com. Thanks again!

Carsandra from RHINE DEMOLITION LLC

Industry: Environmental Services

Saves me time

For the most part I love this app. Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Pros

The ease of use. I'm not computer savvy. So this is easy for me to use day to day. Relay information to my boss right away. They can see photos without even coming to the site, especially if there is a change in conditions.

Cons

It will sometimes log ne out for no reason.

Response from RAKEN

Replied October 2018

Hello Carsandra, thank you for the review and feedback on how you like the Raken app! We are excited to hear how easy it is for you to use and the communication benefit it adds for your team.

Matthew from LeChase Construction

Great Daily Reporting and Easy

Experience has been great. Customer service is always really responsive. Owners love the reports

Pros

Super easy to use & explain to others for use. Owners love the Super Daily. Weekly & monthly reports are great ways to keep management involved

Cons

Occasionally email addresses for super dailies get cleaned out and no one gets the reports. which it had some more safety integration or file uploading to use fillable PDFs

Response from RAKEN

Replied October 2018

Thanks for the review and feedback, Matthew! Please let us know if you ever experience emails getting removed, we have not heard of this issue and would like to help! We will be sure to pass on your feedback regarding safety functionality to our product team. You can contact us at help@rakenapp.com. Thank you!

Richard from Snyder Langston

Raken Review

Pros

I personally like that it’s available on all my devices and that I get reminders to complete my daily activities.

Cons

The daily and Survey part of the application does not have the option to duplicate your daily activities everyday. As an example rebar placement activities sometimes go on for up to week and it would be great to be able to input that activity once for the remainder of the week.

Response from RAKEN

Replied October 2018

Thanks for the review and feedback, Richard! We have a great feature in our app that allows you to copy your most recent work logs onto the current report. Once you enter Work Logs, please look for the circle arrow on the top right of the screen. As long as you have not entered any logs for the day, you will be able to copy your most recent logs. This is helpful when you¿re working on the same activities day after day. Please contact us at help@rakenapp.com if you have any questions!

Maria from Tri State General Contractors

Sooo Thankful

On a personal level I have recommended it to my spouses work and friends who also do Construction and how Raken keeps track of daily process

Pros

No more Excel Spreadsheets, the Field Employees have cut their time by over 75 %, and it's in real time. The live updates, seeing those activities make me feel like I am right there. We have multiple jobs in different areas in California and having the opportunity to see who's at the Job-site and what has been done for that day.

Cons

I really don't have a dislike, Raken is super friendly, there are some videos on how to use Raken, but I created my own SOP for my back up and training for any new field employee

Response from RAKEN

Replied October 2018

Hey Maria, thank you for the review! It's awesome to hear that Raken makes a big impact for you and your team.

andrew from Barton Malow

Great Daily Reporting Software

I am enjoying using Raken and find it a valuable tool in managing my project.

Pros

I love the easy the auto populating of weather, the ease of documenting your day to day activities, visitors, delays and safety.

Cons

I would like a easier/ more specific sort function for monthly reporting, i.e weather days, man hours per sub etc.

Response from RAKEN

Replied January 2019

Thanks for your feedback! Not sure if you¿ve seen it, but we offer a monthly summary report that automatically compiles the key stats from your job. If this report doesn¿t incorporate what you need, please email us at help@rakenapp.com so we can discuss what would help you with your monthly reporting. Thanks again!

Jason from Crossland Construction

Tremendous Help

We were using excel spreadsheets for reporting. Raken is much more user friendly and accurate since the user can do it from their phone/iPad.

Pros

Ease of use. New users pick it up very fast.

Cons

As an admin I cannot change users passwords, I have to email Raken support.

Response from RAKEN

Replied October 2018

Thanks for your review and feedback, Jason! We will be sure to pass this as a feature request to our Product team. If you need any help in the meanwhile, please contact us at help@rakenapp.com. Thank you!

Rick from Derryberry’s L.P.

Field Superintendent

Pros

I like the fact that as I go throughout the day I can pull up a specific job/project and input about production or problems that arise ...

Cons

It is kind of confusing to figure out how to edit if you’ve already signed Report for that day ...at least for myself .. I’ve gotten it down now though once I figured out what need to do ..

Response from RAKEN

Replied October 2018

Thank you for the review Rick! We are glad that Raken makes managing multiple projects easier for you. If you ever need support or help figuring out the best way to use the Raken app, don't hesitate to call us at 866-438-0646. We're happy to help with any issues you may have.

Chris from Hibbard Inshore

Industry: Environmental Services

Incredible App

Raken gives you an easy way to keep historical data of jobsites. Keep track of delays, injuries, etc... Great App!

Pros

Easiest App that I've found in order to keep historical data!

Cons

That it does not work offline! We were told that is now capable of offline but it still doesn't work, unless my guys are doing something wrong...

Response from RAKEN

Replied January 2019

Thanks for reaching out, Chris. Glad to hear that Raken¿s been working well for tracking your data. We do have an offline mode, which you must turn on a bit before you lose signal, so that Raken can cache your data. If you have issues with it, please reach out at help@rakenapp.com so we can assist! Thanks again!

Ben from Sampson Construction

Raken Review 10-23-18

Pros

Its great to get updates from my superintendents daily, even if I don't speak to them directly.

Cons

This is probably a setting issue, but I can't add extra comments to the reports while I'm reviewing what the superintendent has written.

Response from RAKEN

Replied October 2018

Thanks for reaching out to us, Ben! Please contact us at help@rakenapp.com. It does sound like a settings or permissions issue. We will be more than happy to help!

Great System!

Pros

Great way to keep all our daily reports in one place, and very easy for our foremen to use.

Cons

The new update doesn't let you click on the completed daily reports from the calendar on the desktop. Attachments from the surveys don't go to the overall attachments for the day.

Response from RAKEN

Replied October 2018

Thanks for your feedback! To access completed dailies from the calendar, please click on the day and then hit ¿view daily¿. As for attachments added to survey questions, please view the section ¿Survey Photos¿ on your PDF. Please let us know if we can help at help@rakenapp.com. Thank you!

Team Building

We are seeing increased understanding of field related issues our teams are experienecing and implementing ways for our production team to address and improve issues.

Pros

It can be used by all team members at each members level of engagement. Quick and easy as well as longer and more detailed entries.

Cons

Slow team members delay the report being completed and sent, when the report is closed and sent new material can be overlooked.

Response from RAKEN

Replied October 2018

Thank you for the review and feedback! We are glad that the insights Raken offers help develop your teams and processes.

Use It Everyday To Make My Life Easier

Helps me a lot with my day to day daily logs, making them all in the same location, easy to find and easy to read. Everyone is able to use the software. It is very easy to pick up and go.

Pros

Cons

Too many tabs to click through. It would be better if everything was all in one location.

Response from RAKEN

Replied May 2019

Thank you for the awesome feedback, we appreciate it!

Documenting and professionalism

Our overall experience with Raken has been great. We have been awarded new projects because the general contractor liked receiving these reports. Also we have been able to demonstrate the work was done when going through a lawsuit.

Pros

Provides documentation for back up, shows your company is profesional, encourages accountability

Cons

Pictures are sometimes misdated, different profiles add up to the price and it can become expensive.

Response from RAKEN

Replied March 2019

Thank you for your feedback! Please reach out to us at help@rakenapp.com and we will be happy to assist you with this.

james from john w. danforth

raken review

using raken for pictures/progress/documentation is awesome. Being able to document things in todays construction world is extremely helpful. Raken makes it easy and efficient to do so

Pros

Being able to document anything/everything daily is very useful easy to use for workers being able to do it on phone is very efficient

Cons

no cons, cant think of anything I dislike

Response from RAKEN

Replied October 2018

James, we are excited to hear that feedback from you! Visual progress documentation is very important and we are glad to see that you enjoy using Raken for that. Thank you for the review.

Shawn from LADA design management

User friendly

Pictures & videos are everything when it comes to project documentation. This app has this ability more than any other app I’ve seen.

Pros

I have the ability to give it to field foreman for site documentation and they are able to keep jobs on track.

Cons

I do like the original version before the software update. Seemed more streamline.

Response from RAKEN

Replied October 2018

Hey Shawn, thank you for the feedback! We'll pass your comment about the update on to our product team. We appreciate the review. Please contact us at help@rakenapp.com if you need any help or have any questions!

Clay from Waterproofing Contractors, Inc.

Raken in Waterproofing

Very happy.

Pros

Ease of use and ability to access from remote locations.

Cons

ability to navigate cloud stored data from my phone.

Response from RAKEN

Replied October 2018

Thanks for the review, Clay! If it¿s not too much trouble, will you please clarify your feedback with us at help@rakenapp.com? We currently have cloud integrations with Box, Dropbox, OneDrive, GoogleDrive, Egnyte, and iCloud. Thank you!

April from Sandcastle Constructors

Well worth the money

Pros

The seamless navigation to all the features. Our project managers will use it because it's easy.

Cons

Response from RAKEN

Replied March 2019

Thanks for your review and feedback, April! We appreciate it!

Eric from Kingery Construction Co.

Customer service was quick to help resolve problem when needed.

Pros

Easy to follow videos to help with use and options that are available. Reduced time filling out reports. Adaptable format to conform reports for different types of jobs.

Cons

Have not found any yet very easy to get started and use.

Response from RAKEN

Replied January 2019

Thank you for the review, Eric! Happy to hear that the videos are helping out and that reporting is taking less time. If you ever have questions, always feel free to reach out to us at (866)438-0646 or help@rakenapp.com.

Richard from CADCO Construction

Great software

Raken helps keeps everyone accountable for their progress because they know the owner, as well as everyone involved with the job, will receive a weekly report from us.

Pros

Raken helps provide accountability on the job and let's the customer know what is going on each week. I compile daily reports for myself and every week I email a weekly report detailing what has happened to the owner

Cons

No issues so far that I have found. The app is great.

Response from RAKEN

Replied March 2019

Thank you for the review and feedback, Richard!