What are ManageEngine ADSelfService Plus users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using ManageEngine ADSelfService Plus software through verified user reviews

• icon"Easy to use for end users although the UI for admins can be improved."
  • icon"Free for 50 users or less (reasonably priced above that). Easy way for MAC users to reset domain passwords."
  • icon"The experience as a whole seems very user friendly and we enjoyed it greatly. Thank you for your services."
  • icon"I'll let you know if I find anything to complain about."
  • icon"Reset is based on questions which a few end-users forget the answer to."
  • icon"I found this use of Tomcat server and Keytool / Keystore with it's command line issues, to be fairly difficult to manage."

Browse all ManageEngine ADSelfService Plus Reviews

• Have you used ManageEngine ADSelfService Plus and would like to share your experience with others?

Sayed Munir

Excellent product

Ease of Daily password activities.

Pros

Users can reset their password from any where.We published the application over the Internet and our customers around the globe use it for Resetting/Unlocking their password.

Cons

More Authentication security like Pulling the Employee ID for verification. Currently is pulling the name from AD, if we have some custom attribute in AD and we want to bind that custom attribute for verification.

Yannick

Provides end-users a possibility to unlock/reset their own password 24/7

We've been using this software for a few years now and are satisfied with the result it has provided us. The main goal was to provide the end-users a possibility to unlock or reset their account, 24/7. Often someone's account got locked-out out of business hours which blocked him/her from continuing work. This tool provided the solution we were looking for. It also integrates in Windows so the user can reset his/her password at the logon screen.

Pros

- Integration with Windows (reset/unlock at logon screen) - Very helpful customer support!! - Release some work from 1st line support - Accessible 24/7

Cons

- Reset is based on questions which a few end-users forget the answer to. It would be nice to have a SMS or call feature, together with a personal PIN, which can provide you a code to reset your password.

April 2022

Adservices is bad

None

Pros

None. I don’t like the adservices because they have problems!

Cons

When I changed passwords or try to log in. They are too slow! They always have problems!

Andrés

April 2022

A self-service solution that is easy to implement and use

In general, it has been a pretty good experience, since it has helped us a lot to improve the operation, considerably reduced the number of requests handled by the IT area, and because we have recovered time to work on improvements in the area.

Pros

It is a very easy solution to implement and use. And it is very useful for us. ADSelf Service Plus has helped us minimize the number of requests related to account reset or unlock.

Cons

I think the UI design could be improved, it is currently very simple, but it should be more dynamic.

Reasons for choosing ManageEngine ADSelfService Plus

It was very easy to understand from the start, and there was no need to try any more tools.

A robust, web-based, multi-platform, self-service solution

Pros

This software provides our end users with a web-based, self-service solution for issues related to password reset management and account lockout. This has effectively reduced up to a third of our most urgent helpdesk issues allowing us to maximize IT resources. Both the enterprise and its users can feel secure with the multi-factor authentication techniques Single sign-on (SSO) feature based on Microsoft Windows Active Directory enables our users to have seamless, one-click access to cloud and enterprise applications such as G Suite, Office 365, and Zendesk Free SMS, email and push notifications notify our end-users that their password is about to expire and recommend a password change to prevent lockout.

Cons

There have been times when we had problems because the user has forgotten the answers to their security questions, but support was very helpful and the issue was resolved quickly.

Roy

Pros

This is a great tool to help your users reset their passwords or unlock accounts. It send reminders to the users that their password is expiring and it has a portal that let the users login to change their passwords or unlock their account.

Cons

sometimes the software can be a little buggy, because it won't let the users unlock their account and then they need administrators to help them.

More Flexibility from a Password Reset Tool Than Offered by Microsoft

I've been using ManageEngine tools for a few years now. My organization held off on implementing AD because we heard some of the horror stories of managing it and keeping it safe and secure. ManageEngine makes several tools that make AD management significantly, and ADSelfService Plus is no exception. Its one of those tools that largely goes unnoticed, but its something that we can't live without.

Pros

When my organization implemented AD, one of the first questions that came up was "How can we make sure our users are notified when their passwords will expired, before they actually expire?" Another question was "How can we give them a safe and secure way to change the password if they are remote?" ADSelfService Plus was able to answer both of these questions for us, and it does so with ease. This is largely a set it and forget it tool for us - rarely do I ever have to go back and make changes. It just works, which is a high mark for any software.

Cons

For the price, I'd expect a little bit more functionality. Yes, this is a pretty basic tool that does its job well, but it is a little pricey for doing that basic job.

Onur

Advantageous program for Time Management

Reduction of incoming calls during the day. More happy end users. I can use the time allocated to end-user transactions in my own business.

Pros

An application designed for end users to solve their own problems. They can do small tasks themselves without problems.

Cons

I have not encountered any negative side

Kuberan

March 2022

Resetting Passwords, A Thing Of The Past

Selling AD Self Service has allowed me to make the lives of my customers much easier. There is so much more to this tool as well, when it is fully in use, the users are able to manage their own AD profile.

Pros

The price of AD Self Service is very appealing, for the amount of time and effect it saves an IT Team compared to the cost of the tool, is incomparable. The ease of deployment and use makes it very easy for the users to get the hang of.

Cons

It is hard to say exactly, but the one thing that I am not fond of is the user enrollment, it is a once off thing but sometimes, getting the users to enroll takes time.

Reasons for choosing ManageEngine ADSelfService Plus

The price of AD Self Service was one of the biggest contributing factors to many of my customers picking this

Lots of users to change passwords? Let this work to themselves!

The software that Microsoft should have done before. Easy to use and helps our users a lot! No more tickets open and users without work cause of tickets waiting to be finished.

Pros

A portal to users recover their passwords quickly and regain access to systems or desktops, or whatever needed; Recover using secret questions and answers created by the users at signup; Recover from web, app or even from the own desktop using a web page before logon (Windows logon screen)

Lower support costs, less burnout from unlocking accounts and resetting passwords.

Pros

Ad self service plus was very easy to configure and start using with our employees. It has saved our IT support staff many hours responding to locked out users accounts and forgotten passwords. Since we are a 24x7 business, it is especially helpful for employees help themselves instead of waking up the support person on call.

Cons

I haven't been able to get the automated answer import to work. I have scheduled a job that imports a daily generated csv file from our hr system, but I can only run it manually. I have a ticket open to get it resolved, so hopefully we can start utilizing the full functionality soon.

Sam

Great support and information

Pros

Easy to use and setup, can be customized with branding so our end users can see the software is our own and then they are more likely to use it.

Cons

Step upgrades so you have to do them on order one after the other, would be good to go straight to the latest.

Ravi

Amazing customer service. Would definitely recommend it to any peers

Manage my daily ICT tasks

Pros

It's so easy to use and very explicit and user-friendly. It gives and has the options available for users who just have to select the right option for their issue.

Cons

Can't think of anything. It does satisfy my needs and there is nothing which I can see is a minus point. However, if a user guide can be made available on how to set it up, that would be really amazing.

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Support for SSL Cert install on ADSelfService Plus

Each time I needed Support for this ADSelfService product, it has been truly outstanding. I am very impressed with the quality of support help, and of the knowledge of the staff each time I have requested help! Great job, folks!

Pros

The software provides a much-needed service that permits our users to use a web-based portal to reset expired accounts, and it was fairly easy to set up. Newer security features such as multi-factor authentication bring our AD services here up to current standards. It is a great product, and is very affordable.

Cons

The only thing I would like to see improvement on, is the SSL Certificate installation. As a Windows server company, all of our other SSL Certificates utilize the Windows IIS standard installation methods. I found this use of Tomcat server and Keytool / Keystore with it's command line issues, to be fairly difficult to manage. This is what caused me to need the Support help.

Gulsel

You no longer need to contact the IT department

Pros

In accordance with company policies, you should make password changes at regular intervals. In this case, you may need IT staff. Thanks to SelfService application you can do many transactions on your own account yourself.

Cons

I did not experience a negative situation due to the practice. He solved my problem whenever I needed it.

Mitchell

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Great Product, Poor Support

Pros

-Great feature set -Deployment flexibility -Deep web GUI customization

Cons

-Poor customer support -Web interface tends to look a bit dated

Andy

excellent, reliable, and support if you need it is great

increased productivity

Pros

it allows users to manage there own AD experience without the need for the service desk to get involved in day to day tasks such as password resets

Cons

nothing, really, in the beginning it was a little slow but a VM upgrade and some minor changes made by the support guys fixed this.

Gerome

Really good saves us a lot of time

Service delivery improvements. We really like it, no negatives! We get loads of positive customer reviews and it has improved our productivity.

Pros

gives users a chance to reset their own passwords and we can choose many settings. We like the the support we receive too

Laura

I've always experienced the best professional services from sales, demos, product setup through you!

Pros

Ease of setup and use of product. So many reports available. Great for auditors. I like the various options for different policies. Support staff is quick to respond, typically within sn hour of email to support, I get a call with voicemail and follow up email. Use of product is amazingly simple and very intuitive.

Cons

I don't have any negative thoughts at this time..not any issues with product . I can't note any cons as you cannot get better customer service like theirs with too many companies anymore. We all ready have 4 products to date, which we use quite extensively for reporting and auditing. Can't beat it for the price! Too good to be true, not one of those at all.

Duke

AD self service plus easy to deploy great support but a little pricey

Pros

This solution is really easy to deploy as its a small self contained installer and there are even included batch files to install/restart the service I had the ADselfserviceplus soloution up and running in under an hour. It's easy to enroll users and you are provided with a multitude of options that you can provide to your users There is a secure web portal multi factor sms & is intigration options. All in all I would highly recommend this product

Cons

I only have 60 users at most as our organisation is very dynamic so those numbers change and when I requested a quote I found it a little pricey

ellery

Amazing experience with customer support

Pros

The ability to easily manage our systems with a csv file allowed us to automate everything which makes like a lot easier

Cons

That we need to convert everything to a csv file which makes the automation a bit more complicated. Would be better to use XLV file

Rob

Very positive overall

Allows users to solve their own password issues.

Pros

it allows us to have our users be able to reset and change their passwords in a secure way, leaving IT resources to work on other issues.

Cons

It can be finicky. Some users reported having to re-enroll because the secure question answers didn't work.

Great easy tool to help administer AD and login issues

brought down user lockout due to expired password by about 95 %

Pros

Like that i can send out emails to notify that users passwords are going to expire. like that i can have users supervisors reset logins for their reps without having to give them admin access to server.

Cons

I don't really get notified if someone does not receive the password expire notification. 90% of the time when they say they don't get it they did and just ignored it.

Huzefa

Reduce workload

Workload reduce

Pros

Support..is very good. Ad account loackout. Password reset. Self update. Secure access. Easy to do enroll.

Cons

Profile update Mobile support. Gina client. Password complexity . Third party software support to be maximied. High availibility is not there

Isaac

Real time saver in unlocking AD accounts

we are managing unplanned shrinkage

Pros

in my environment each minute counts so having an option like ADselfService saves precious time. Users don't have to rely on IT support staff to unlock user accounts

Cons

I have not picked any challenges with software so far.

ManageEngine ADSelfService Plus