What are RSA SecurID users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using RSA SecurID software through verified user reviews

• icon"My bank gave me the app to use the token to secure my transactions and it has been so useful. User friendly, easy, the copy paste option is great."
  • icon"In terms of security its very secure and the tokens gets updated every minute so preety good to use that."
  • icon"The integration with mobile, key fobs and other methods for second authentication is amazing. The GUI is user friendly."
  • icon"Does not work well with Palo Alto Network's Globalprotect. It is sometimes hard to refresh and get new passcodes."
  • icon"We struggled for 3-4 days and has to switch back to Entrust for that time period. But now we are of and didn't see any downtime further after that."
  • icon"The only noticeable problem with this authentication software is its initial set-up."

Browse all RSA SecurID Reviews

• Have you used RSA SecurID and would like to share your experience with others?

Thomas

Used as 2 factor authentication for citrix

Pros

What I like most about this authentication solution is that you get three options to use as a median to generate a token code. A key fob A mobile app A desktop application This way two factor authentication doesn't feel like you have to keep track of that 2nd password because it's available to be generated on multiple devices.

Cons

If you don't have your devices with you you won't be able to authenticate. Let say your visiting a new site and need to log on and you don't have your key fob, phone or laptop You will not be able to log in. It would be cool to have a site admin feature that could generate you a temp code for your log in.

George

good authenticate solution

I am happy with the software, it provides what I need to keep my day-to-day job easy and secure.

Pros

I use it for my job on the daily basis, it is convenient and remove the hassle of carrying a physical token like before, and it will never got damaged.

Cons

I don't have negative things about this little software, except when I want to use it to connect to multiple servers, it become confusing.

Mary

RSA for Secure sign on

I have used this product for many years and have never had an issue with it. Always reliable. Very simple process also. I a in healthcare, s a secure connection is a priority.

Pros

Ease of use. Logging in at the start of the day I get a text with a number code to enter go a secure VPN connection. That’s it and I am set to go!

Cons

I prefer to not have to enter a 6 digit number for sign on. I like the accept Or decline button. Just for ease of use.

Bheesam

We are using this software now for more then six month and have mix of experience using this.

Pros

We are using this tool now for more then 6 month now , initially we were having all our team member complaining when we have to give the token again when tried opening a specific application again like workday. But with their recent update they added this feature and now when we are logged in our PC using RSA token then we do not need to enter the token again while trying for accessing other apps like workday. RSA secure ID app initially did not work properly on android mobile and we have to ask for RSA token device for some people in our team. From a security point of view each pin generated times out in few probably 60 seconds, which is good in my opinion.Overall in corporate setting i feel it is very useful and secure.

Cons

Recently we some RSA authentication stops working and we have to switch back to our old tool "Entrust", that may be their server side problem but with significant downtime. we struggled for 3-4 days and has to switch back to Entrust for that time period. But now we are of and didn't see any downtime further after that. apart from that didn't see any cons and good to go with tool.

Dwight

June 2022

Secure!

Pros

Wonderful software at helping you to keep data and banking related information secure. Its very easy to use and very reliable. I mostly like how easy it was to set up and pair to my online banking profile.

Cons

What can be improved is that the timer should be reset when you request a new token.

Cory

Industry: Law Practice

Not the Most User Friendly

It got the job done, but wasn't the most user friendly application due to the need to refresh the code every time and then have it drop the connection to the network periodically. Duo Mobile is a lot more reliable and easy to use.

Pros

Once I was able to connect to the network remotely through RSA SecurID, then the connection was reliable for the most part.

Cons

I always had to refresh the generated code before typing it into my computer, and then of course there was the countdown time limit. There were several times I got kicked off the network after connecting through RSA. Duo is a lot more stable.

Elroy

May 2022

It does what it was created to do

Its a simple software in both display and usage

Pros

Its easily integrated with most online platforms especially for banking. The authentication process is simple and modern which involves the scanning of a QR code and finger print. It allows the user to have multiple tokens and each can be renamed for ease of use.

Cons

A feature could be created that can link directly to banking and other authentication applications/websites so that the user can auto fill the token code instead of switching back and fort between applications.

Sureshkumar

Best App for Multi Factor Authentication

Overall experience has been great.

Pros

This by far is the best app for multi factor authentication. User Interface is cool with a six digit number displayed in bold characters.

Cons

Everything about this is cool and have no complaints.

VIRNA

A bit outdated

Overall, it was general okay. I have since moved on to another app that is much easier to use, and will not be going back to this one.

Pros

The app was easy to download on my phone. I use and android and sometimes have issues downloading apps because they are more Apple iPhone friendly.

Cons

I found the software a bit outdated and slow. Every time I log in it capture temp files on my laptop and hug memory on system.

Randall

Industry: Defense & Space

Excellent two-factor authorization tool

Pros

I definitely recommend the use of RSA security tokens as they are small, easy to setup and use, and display the authentication code always without ever having to press a button like other keyfobs do. I've had my token for nearly a decade at the same company and it's still running on the same battery. The passcode changes every minute and it gives shows how many ticks are left before the code changes again.

Cons

No complaints with the functionality of the tool other than an aesthetic deal. After a couple years the sticker on the front of my fob started peeling off.

Alexis

Industry: Alternative Medicine

RSA Token - Secure.... or not?

If you can choose another application, please do.

Pros

Well, the application is mostly used for creating a secure PIN that will reload after some time. The application achieves the needs.

Cons

Customer support, for sure. People that pick up the phone from Customer Service are not pretty polite, or either, friendly. Tickets get resolved after a lot of time, and sometimes you may need to research from your end about how to fix the issues.

Easy to Install, Great to Use!

Very easy to implement on a wide scale. We rolled this out to a large team of contractors and they were able to successfully install and use their tokens in a matter of minutes.

Pros

This app works every time, it's easy and reliable. I've used it to manage multiple accounts and it is extremely easy to install. I have never had a problem with the app, and I use it daily. It is easy to distinguish between which RSA I need as I have a few in the app that I use for different accounts. It's fantastic.

Cons

I have not had any difficulty at all. I used to prefer a hard token, but this app makes using the soft token easier and convenient.

Secure your network access

Pros

we can easily understand and implement the configuration for access management to our network and integrate it with our AD for user management and we can use both software and hardware key generators for easy access.

Cons

initially, it required a little digging to achieve what we wanted, but after that everything was fine.

Gabriela

Keeping our security in place for our clients

It's added a layer of security to our current security policies and measures.

Pros

It's so easy to install and use. We use it on a daily basis to access our clients platform and work on our daily responsabilities.

Cons

We have not run into any hiccups so far.

Ezequiel

Industry: Broadcast Media

SecurID

Pros

PROS: Improve our access in pandemic, we could bring security to applications in our datacenter and remote users

Cons

CONS: we don´t found any cons and bug, the installation was easy.

Elias Alirio

Extra security layer

Personally I like it. It helps me feel like the information I work with is only handled by me. For our customers it is great too since their information is safer

Pros

We work with virtual computers, which hold very delicate client info. What I like about this software is that it adds an extra layer of security before anyone can access their virtual computer. It definitely reduces the chance of someone with bad intentions to enter someone else's account. Adding this extra steps of security through a randomly generated PIN in your phone app reduces the chance of someone else having access to this PIN.

Cons

Though it was easy for me to utilize, a few of my coworkers had issues getting their set up, and they had to make a few phone calls to get it up and running.

Joseph

Industry: Semiconductors

Simple to use software for getting what you need

This software is a great companion to the VPN software I use. It's easy to use and simple to learn.

Pros

The software is basic, just type in your password and get the code you need. The timer animation is helpful in knowing how much time you have before the code changes. Very small footprint on the desktop.

Cons

It looks a little dated, but then again, for the amount of time you actually have to look at it, does it really matter?

Wayne

Industry: Printing

Great 2FA for a great price

Robust 2FA solution with reasonable pricing.

Pros

The product is basically par with DUO but the RSA pre-sales technical support rep was more patience and thorough with answering all technical questions that we had. Pluses are: - Available as VM appliance backend (server) - Hardware token - Cross platform software token

Cons

Steep learning curve when deploying this 2FA solution. VM appliance backup cannot be deployed to a different hardware - if you backup the server you cannot recover to a different hardware. In this case we had to export the configuration file from the old server, install the new server from scratch, then import the configuration file. I understand that this was done for security purposes but wished this was an option for the administrator to choose and set during the installation.

Just Works

Use it most days to access secure servers and works great for me. RSA is really a standard for security and works across all platforms that I use.

Pros

Not a whole lot to do as a user all the magic is in the backend which makes it very friendly. Access is secure and the ability to access work environment on the go is mission critical for a lot of people and this gets you in.

Cons

Not a whole lot of cons here installations can be tricky and if forced to do manual setup of servers etc can be daunting for some but if IT does it right then it is a breeze.

Easy and fast soft token interface

Our company is using RSA SecurID as a soft token for company VPN. It generates a random and unique key to let system identifies the correct user with a PIN. Tool is working efficiently and fast enough to provide a decent experience. Users import their soft tokens easily to the tool, it allows to import more than one token

Pros

Cons

Nothing specific that I dislike about this software

Sergio

Keep your accesses safe!

Its been a friendly authentication method since there are 3 ways to keep in mind when logging into your systems, so only those designated to it will be the ones with access.

Pros

By implementing this powerful security tool you are stepping forward by keeping your systems private, assuring that only the correct person is logging into your systems.

Cons

You will have to keep your token with you any time you want to access your systems.

Van

Industry: Computer Hardware

Usage of RSA SecureID

Overall the tool works great and is very easy to use and migration is quite simple.

Pros

This is a straightforward software that gives allows you to access the company's network and it's used in 2 of the large companies that I have worked for.

Cons

There really isn't much that I least like about this software. It does exactly what it is supposed to do.

sunny

2FA made easy

One of the best solution to implement MFA in an environment

Pros

Cons

Deployment can be challenging as there are number of moving parts other than that a solid product for implementing MFA.

Safe and Secure, but Adds an extra step

Definitely adds an extra layer of security, which is of utmost importance in our times.

Pros

It's easy to use, the token is always right in front of me. Small size so it doesn't take up a lot of space for storage. Easily fits on a lanyard.

Cons

It adds an extra step to sign on to many platforms. If I forget the token at work, I can't log in remotely to emails, etc. My organization only supports the option to have a physical token, rather than a "soft token" such as on a smart phone.

Samantha

Good options for MFA

Overall we had a good experience with the product and it functioned as it should to secure our business.

Pros

I liked the security that it offered to our organization. It was more of a dual approach to multifactor authentication. Easy to use once we got it started.

Cons

It was a little time consuming since it requires you to type in a passcode to enter the app before it will provide you with a code to enter into your computer. There are multiple steps to the authentication process that took a bit of time to complete compared to other products, but I felt that this makes it more secure than the others too.

RSA SecurID