• icon"Ease of use is the great. Support team is friendly and easy to work with."
  • icon"The system is easy to use and integrates well with Quickbooks & WorldPac's speed dial. We use most of all of the features that are available."
  • icon"User friendly, we really like the highlighted areas, in new updated program. The text support was very helpful."
  • icon"On at least two occasions, I had to input data from paper backups because the databases failed catastrophically. The software is terribly, fatally unreliable."
  • icon"Sometimes when we call in with a problem it seems to take longer that others to get a reply for Winworks. Not that they don't call but when we have a major problem it needs to be addressed right then."
  • icon"Only one email for Invoicing, with multiple users/senders is frustrating when customers respond."

Browse all AutoShop Reviews

• Have you used AutoShop and would like to share your experience with others?

Chip

Go Steve! As a mechanic who decided to be an owner Winworks AutoShop has been a lifesaver.

Offers me the ability to manage every aspect of my shop. Gives me the ability to view reports on labor, accounting, and inventory with the stroke of a key. Really happy with this product. Over the top tech support.

Pros

WINWORKS CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ABOVE AND BEYOND EXCEPTIONAL! I am a mechanic that, along with my brother, opened my own repair business 10 years ago. We are mechanics that have become business owners. In the beginning we did all our RO's handwritten. After 2 years our workload was such that it got hard to keep up. We purchased Winworks to help streamline things. I can honestly say that it has been instrumental in growing our business. However, we have never used it properly. After several years of talking about training we contacted Winworks and had trainer fly out for training. After 2 1/2 days of training with the best trainer I have dealt with, we are ready to take our shop to the next level. The features that trainer introduced and explained to us are amazing. Accounting/Inventory/TechLink/Scheduling and many more. I would HIGHLY recommend getting on-site training if you have not already, money well spent. Then tech support is best I've dealt with and Steve was absolutely amazing! They only regret that I have is that we did not have the training earlier. We are currently running Professional and are upgrading to Premium. The Version 8 upgrade and the interfaces are second to none. Make the investment, the ROI is almost immediate.

Cons

The only thing that I would like to see that Winworks does not have is a annual hands on training convention for AutoShop.

harold

Best customer support

One of the most powerful tools with any shop software is the ability to build kits or canned jobs to save yourself time on the next job.

Pros

This program has been with me for over 10 years. It is quite stable and has more features than I normally use, so it will likely grow with your needs. There are multiple terminals allowed, marketing and follow up options and their customer service is excellent if you run into a question or problem

Cons

Like any system, you are going to need some time to accustom yourself to how it works. But I have usually found it to be fairly intuitive.

was recommended

Reasons for switching to AutoShop

my old system became corrupted with data errors and was irrecoverable.

Response from Winworks Software

Thank you Harold for your kind words. It is our pleasure to serve customers like you with well running and supported software. All the best to you and your business!

Replied November 2019

Keith

Winworks Autoshop

Very poor. We are a heavy duty shop and had done some homework before purchasing. There wasn't any alternative programs at the time. We were told that the program had been used by heavy duty shops and that we would have no issues. The program may work incredibly well for an automotive shop, as that is what it is based on. At the end dealing with tech support/programming was a nightmare.

Pros

The structure to the program makes sense from an automotive shop perspective.

Cons

We were promised that the program would adapt to a heavy duty truck shop, however, we were constantly having to do work arounds. Each time required a call to tech support to help transition the program. The first year of tech support was included in the purchase price of the software. After the free tech support term expired we were required to purchase the next year of tech support. Because we required so much support the bill for the upcoming year was quite high. We decided that because we were required to continue doing the work arounds that the cost would be prohibitive and that we couldn't afford to carry on with the program. Expensive lesson learned, we had to purchase the program initially, pay our staff to migrate our information in to the system, then pay our staff to migrate the information to our new operating system. Our experience with tech support wasn't that good either. Issues with getting tickets resolved and getting support..

Reasons for choosing AutoShop

The other products all told us that we would not be able to use the program for our purposes.

Reasons for switching to AutoShop

We outgrew mHelp desk and needed a program that was more tailored to our business.

Response from Winworks Software

Sorry to hear of our your dissatisfaction with the AutoShop software. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I will answer your email directly. We wish you well with your new software.

Replied May 2020

Lance

Excellent product and support always!

Pros

I have been using WinWorks AutoShop for 20 years. I just replaced my computer server. My local IT person Who I used in the past was unable to do any of the setup. I called technical support and spoke to representative. He got the new computer up and working in a very short time. He even remembered how my system was set up from a conversation I believe happened over a year ago. It put my mind at ease knowing that the people at WinWorks have my back. The last couple days I have been very stressed out trying to figure out how I was going to get this system up and running. Once I talked to him, he made my life much easier. I know how to run a successful and profitable automotive repair shop. I don't know much about computer systems. I know that WinWorks has covered me on the computer side. Their software is easy to use and provides me with all the information I need to grow my business. I'm really glad that I took the time 20 years ago to really look at all the software programs that were available. I know for a fact that WinWorks was the right choice. I just wanted to thank everyone at WinWorks for everything they do to help me. I appreciate it more than you know. Sincerely, Lance Buick Auto Station

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about the software.

Corrie

We LOVE Rep!

I have worked on a few different types of systems in the past from 'home grown' to 'out of the box', not automotive specifically, but this system needs some work. It needs to be a bit more user friendly for all the reasons I mentioned in the Cons. I think it has potential, but unless you are constantly upgrading and working to improve it, it will get stagnant and will no longer be viable.

Pros

The best thing about this software is that we have Steve available to help us when we run into issues. He is the saving grace for us! Without him being so helpful, we would have probably changed systems.

Cons

The Form Layouts are terrible. They don't provide enough space for repair stories, they are configured weird, and some are missing things that the others have, but none so far have been comprehensive for everything we need. You have to search the vehicle FIRST before starting a work order. Reports are spotty & inaccurate. You find that specific things aren't popping up like our counter sales Freight Cost and some Misc 2 fees that don't print on the Accounting Full Details Rpt. Only one email for Invoicing, with multiple users/senders is frustrating when customers respond. You can't have multiple parts with the same part number, but it's not like they are UPC's, each vendor can make their own part number and some may overlap. Some parts counter, closed out invoices ON ACCOUNT, do not show up on the statements or the customer record. Can find in the system as closed out properly, but doesn't show up under the customer. So we have received checks from customers with no record in their file, and have to hunt in the system to find the WO that matches. The check chart doesn't always work (i.e. Not available/doesn't work) If the main computer is OFF, nobody can work. There is no specific area to record DEPOSITS on orders, so they get recorder as a payment instead of a deposit. This makes reconciling the day hard. There is no spot for SUBLET work. ESTIMATES do not have numbers on them, so when we work on our fleets, multiple ESTIMATES, no # to reference.

Rick

18 Year customer

We have used Winworks Autoshop for 18+ years and have been very happy with the program. Creating work orders and estimates are very easy. It pulls info from Alldata and other labor guides for estimates that saves so much time not having to open and close multiple programs to transfer data manually. The work orders are very easy to read and understand for the customer. When a customer needs repair history or complains that their car is too expensive to maintain you can print them reports on exactly how much they spent year to year. We have found that is very helpful for them and us to sell future work. We are a worldpac speed dial customer as well and it makes it easy to keep inventory needs up to date. Creating standard tasks for the most common jobs we perform makes estimates and billing for those jobs as easy as clicking the mouse button several times. Then print. When we have had issues which are rare customer support has been helpful and takes care of the issue quickly. This is a very easy program to use and we highly recommend using it, We have used it for at least 18 years and cannot work without it.

Pros

very easy to use

Cons

Cannot think of any

Ken

May 2022

Autoshop Software is a great first POS software.

We used this software for the first 10 years or so of business operations and felt we finally outgrew it as we switched growth directions. There are multiple options for this software now that include local, or cloud based and there have been more updates. I still would recommend this software to any small shop based on my previous usage.

Pros

There are a few things that make this software stand out. One is the customer database IS YOURS and not shared without your permission. In our case, being a local, on site program was the best option. The program had many good features that helped in the day-to-day work and was basically a straight forward, usable program. Inventory system was a strong point.

Cons

The program screens come across as "dated". The report options were limited and poor, in our opinion. Program felt as though you were "falling behind the times". The more we grew and added to the software, the more "clunky" it began to feel in day-to-day operations. Other programs did not interface well or had limited success.

Richard

Great Software with exccelant assistance

I was trying to switch from 1 computer to a new one. I was at a complete loss. CSR was outstanding with his Customer Service. He spoke to me in a way I could understand. I will continue to use Winworks as long as I own my shop..

Pros

CSR was extremely professional and friendly. He walked me through all the steps I needed to get started. He took his time to help me understand what we were doing. He explained everything in a manner I could understand. It is very easy to navigate through. Entering data and customer info is Extremely easy and user-friendly.

Cons

I honestly do not have any complaints with the software. It is so user friendly. I am not a very technical inclined and i can navigate through the system with ease.

Response from Winworks Software

Thank you for the great review. We truly value you as a Winworks User. Thank you for your many years of use of Winworks!

Replied January 2019

Larry

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

How we like Winworks

Great company after so many year working with them we have become friends with some of the employees Please continue to do the job your doing

Pros

We have been using Auto Shop (winworks) for almost 20 years and the product has always done what we asked for. when a problem would come up all we had to do was call in and problem solved. This being an Automotive software. and us being a Auto Repair shop. It was easy to work with. We would like to give a positive review for Auto Shop

Cons

Sometimes when we call in with a problem it seems to take longer that others to get a reply for Winworks. Not that they don't call but when we have a major problem it needs to be addressed right then. That's all we can say that is negative.

Response from Winworks Software

Larry, thanks for the great review. We look forward to serving you for years to come.

Replied December 2018

Kevin

Tech Support makes the decision to buy this automotive software an no brainer.

I have been in the automotive repair business almost 40 years. This program has continued to grow and be adaptable throughout the many years I have used it. I have tried many other companies from big to small and Winworks is the best fit for me and my shop. My employees easily learn and use the program faster and more effectively than I do, which makes me happy. Consider Winworks as a top choice when shopping for shop software.

Pros

Intuitive and broad enough to be useful for a log time. The amount of available information, services and data can be used to its fullest, if you have the time and staff. But as a standalone repair writer software, this works well all the time.

Cons

No complaints. The survey will not let me continue until i use 17 words.

Response from Winworks Software

Kevin, Thanks so much for the review! Happy New Year!

Replied January 2019

Korrin

Exceptional Customer Service

Had to place a service call this afternoon after freaking out over a incorrect end of day processing. From the moment the rep answered the phone he assured me he could "fix" my problem and put me at ease. He was so understanding, patient and helpful - he went above and beyond what we needed. It is soooo refreshing to experience old-school customer service - where the person actually performs their job above and beyond what's expected. If possible - I'll definitely be requesting the rep next time I need assistance.

Pros

Usability.

Cons

Nothing to mention.

Response from Winworks Software

Thank you Korrin for your wonderful review! We are so pleased you received this level of care. This is our goal with every call to effectively communicate that we care about you, your business and find the most efficient way to keep you going.

Replied June 2019

Chad

Worth It!

Inventory issues have been resolved with this program.

Pros

Customer service is wonderful, very helpful and polite staff. This program offers all the benefits a business needs to run a shop. It calculates profits, losses, overall income and so much more.

Cons

Price is on the more expensive side. Highly recommend paying for the Tech support yearly due to it being much more cost effective that paying per call which can get extremely expensive especially the first year when you need the most help navigating and learning the tools and benefits of the program.

Best Reviews.

Response from Winworks Software

Thank you Chad for your kind comments! It is truly a pleasure to serve successful business owners like yourself. We look forward to continuing to improve the Winworks AutoShop system. Thanks for the inspiriation!

Replied January 2021

Warren

Winworks Rocks!

Recently relocated to a new shop and had to get workstations set up on new computers and existing as well as printer functionality. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was there with me the entire time to make it happen and was very patient with me while getting transitioned to the new location. He got a new workstation up and going in no time as well as corrected a few changes we wanted with the new location i.e address, networks. Give this guy a raise! If I have any questions or concerns in the future i have no doubt in my mind [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] will be there to help. Thanks again!

Pros

We have been using AutoShop for years now and it always seems to work and function great! Any time we have an issue whether big or small the tech and customer service team are always there to help!

Cons

No complaints thus far with winworks or autoshop.

LEO

TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE? IT NOT, IT IS THE BEST SOFTWARE

EVERYTHING, THE PEOPLE, THE SUPPORT, THEIR RESPONSE TIME, AND SPECIALLY THEIR ATTITUDE, i HAVE BEEN IN THIS BUSINESS FOR OVER 40 YEARS AND I CONSIDER US AS ONE OF THE BEST, AND VERY PRO CUSTOMER SHOP, I CAN TELL YOU I DID NOT THINK OTHER BUSINESS DO BUSINESS AS I DO BUT I FOUND MY MATCH.

Pros

THIS SOFTWARE IS AMAZING EASY TO USE AND VERY SIMPLE AT THE SAME TIME, I HAVE USED ALL KIND OF SOFTWARE BUT THIS ONE TOPS ALL AND THE BEST THING IS THE PRICE IT IS AMAZING AND HAVE NO MONTHLY PAYMENTS YOU ARE NOT BOUND USE IT THE WAY YOU WANT IT I NEVER FELT LIKE THIS WITH OTHER SOFTWARE (I FELT LIKE I WAS CAPTIVE WITH OTHERS)

Cons

REALLY NOTHING THERE IS NOTHING NOT TO LIKE ALL IS WELL WITH THIS SOFTWARE

Response from Winworks Software

Thanks so much for the Review Leo. We hope we can use you as a referral for future customers.

Replied November 2018

Tom

Great software, easy to learn even without reading all the directions.

I actually had my friend in North Carolina buy your software because of how great it is. He loves it n so do I. The benefit is not having a monthly payment for other software and the overall simplicity of the program to teach to others for use. It's great bang for your buck.

Pros

The simplicity of the system for people not savy with computers makes it pretty easy to use. Very well set up, all the things I want on a work order is there and the marketing tool is an awesome feature even though i havent fully figured out how to use it.

Cons

So far I've had a few small issues that while trying to improve my work orders or things it created a problem that cost me to fix. Other than that the voided work orders seem to stick around forever and I would prefer they disappeared into nothingness.

john

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

jwl auto

Pros

only using a small part of its capabilities ,,,but very useful in overall tracking our customers work,,,quick access to history has stopped a lot of problems when they have multiple vehicles, (customer complains we just did brakes on one of his vans, and now they need them again an a few weeks,,,,nice to be able to explain,,it was another one of his fleet, and provide that current vehicle has many miles since done, along with date),,,,makes me happy to have them "stfu"

Cons

needs to remember where you were last,,,make you start some thing from beginning... had this program for many years and spent a lot of money,,,,still no pole dancers showed up out of gratitude..

Response from Winworks Software

Thanks for the Review John!

Replied December 2018