• icon"My bottom line showed an immediate increase in daily sales. I'm bringing in more money because I'm not missing items that were repaired or should have been added to the R.O."
  • icon"Its super easy to use and train guys on. Allows my inventory to be tracked as well as my guys to clock in and out on jobs allowing us to bill out as much of our time as possible."
  • icon"Easy to get started using, no crashes, great customer service, does everything I need, best price."
  • icon"It is rather difficult to find previous repairs for 1 customer."
  • icon"I am disappointed that the Customer gets left out in the cold. So if you are looking to serve your Customers you may want to look elsewhere."
  • icon"Difficulty to link it with electronic catalogues."

Browse all Digital Wrench Reviews

• Have you used Digital Wrench and would like to share your experience with others?

Cody

Best Software I've found to date

They've always been professional and handled things as quickly as possible when possible.

Pros

Its super easy to use and train guys on. Allows my inventory to be tracked as well as my guys to clock in and out on jobs allowing us to bill out as much of our time as possible. Very affordable and has several features that shops need to function well.

Cons

I wish that there was some more customization available in certain area of our inventory/customer setup. I also wish we could run a web based version for access out of our mobile truck onsite. I would like it if our multiple computer setup would sync better/faster as that has caused some issues for us. Honestly I wouldn't mind paying for some of these items as additional upgrades to the program if the cost was reasonable.

Reasons for choosing Digital Wrench

Fullbay was too expensive, wasn't upfront on costs to transfer data over and has a monthly cost. Fullbay does a handful of things Digital wrench don't that would be nice but not worth the cost difference.

Response from VMT Software

Thanks for your comments. We do have technology we are looking at to perhaps allow your techs to create workorders and invoices out in the field. Currently you could use a VPN or a Terminal Service like TSP plus to accomplish that. You would need a network technician to set that up. You should also have a network technician look at your local area network to see if they can speed that up. Have them call us if you like. Thank you.

Replied July 2020

Justin

Perfect for small shop

I like the ease of adding customers and creating work orders. I also like the inventory management system. Although I don't use that particular function as much as others might, it has been helpful in tracking inventory item prices from vendors over time. This has allowed me to search for different vendors and reduce costs in several different areas. I have also been able to reduce the parts and supply inventory that I have on hand and stock the most appropriate supplies for my shop. Overall, my experience with Digital Wrench has been wonderful, and despite efforts from others in my organization (individuals not associated with my shop, just in other areas in the organization) to have me switch to different products (and I tried those other products out), Digital Wrench is the best choice for a small, specialized, or new shop.

Pros

I like that this software is easy to use and teach to new technicians. I like that it is a great value for the money. It is relatively inexpensive and works perfect for my small shop here at the University where I teach.

Cons

There are lots of invoice options to choose from, however, when setting up the company information, not everything that is set up there that should appear on the invoices does so correctly. Instead of having to choose an invoice layout that is already pre-designed, I think it would be better to have a list of options provided and then have the entire invoice customized through the company setup.

Reasons for choosing Digital Wrench

It is a better fit for my small shop, especially with the low-volume that I run through here. Also, the other product would have required me to share it with other shops in my organization. We work on very different product lines, where they are strictly automotive and I am more specialized. The other product didn't provide the flexibility to tailor to my needs the way that Digital Wrench does.

Response from VMT Software

Thanks for the kind words. As far as invoices go, the company setup has a few options for invoice#16 or some of our built-in invoices. We have around 50 custom invoices in our report writer that you can modify directly so you can create an invoice just for your company. You can modify them there, and test them as well. Call us if you'd like some help modifying your own invoice.

Ralf

Technician of 34 Years

It is flawless in keeping record of my cashflow.

Pros

I find it hard to use. And there is really nothing for me to coment on. The Program works great but is not what I was expecting.

Cons

As many of the other Software's out there this is aiming for the "Selling" and "Money" side of things. It is certainly not catering to the Customer. When I purchased this I was hoping to get a Software that can easily show me repairs that I did for my customers but that is not the Case here. I am disappointed that the Customer gets left out in the cold. So if you are looking to serve your Customers you may want to look elsewhere. If you worried about the Money side of things this Software is more than capable to do that for you.

Response from VMT Software

Ralf, Sorry to hear you're having trouble finding the customer history. All RO's relate to a customer, so you can easily see all work done, all parts sold to any particular customer by clicking on the $ icon on the very first screen. Then, click on the Find Customer button, select the customer and all RO's with balances will immediately display. To see all RO's, just uncheck the Balances Only button. You can also filter the repairs by one of the customer's vehicles, a date range, or even search parts or labor with a keyword like 'Oil' or 'Brakes' or whatever you choose, all from the same screen. If you every have any difficulties, please let us know. We are happy to help. Plus, it is comments from our customers that enable us to keep enhancing and improving our software. Thank you, Ray Rippey Programmer

Replied July 2017

Jim

Repair Order layout for a small shop

No problems. All is good.

Pros

You can get started using the software and constructing R.O's immediately. As soon as I got the program, I started entering customer and vehicle information to build a customer base. I then opened a repair order and entered parts and labor of where I was on the vehicle; at the time. It helped me catch up in the shop. I like the fact that I don't miss posting labor or parts. My bottom line showed an immediate increase in daily sales. I'm bringing in more money because I'm not missing items that were repaired or should have been added to the R.O.

Cons

When the customer pays me in advance, the cash receivable doesn't immediately calculate correctly. I have to press the "R"/recalculate before it will add the money to my already growing parts and labor totals.

Reasons for choosing Digital Wrench

Lower cost and the ease of choosing my own repair order layout. The 50 plus choices was a blessing.

Response from VMT Software

Jim, Thanks for the review. As far as the adding payments or adding payments in advance, highlight the Repair Order, then click on the Add Deposit Button. This will calculate everything normally.

Outstanding business management software

I started my own auto repair shop a year and a half ago. Was looking for a software to keep track of all repairs and inventory. Was refered to Digital Wrench who was using software for an ATV shop. Looked into it and tried demo and fell in love with it. Ordered full version right away. Other than the ease of use, The price was the best part of this software.

Pros

I like the ability to give my customers a detailed description of repairs performed and individual price of parts on one receipt.

Cons

It is rather difficult to find previous repairs for 1 customer.

Response from VMT Software

David, Thank you for the comment. There are two ways to find customer history. Option 1 From the same screen where you would start a repair order follow the tabs to the right. You will see a tab called 1 Customer History. When you click on that tab you will be able to select your customer and see all the history. Option 2 To find all RO's for one customer click on the $ icon from the main screen, click on Find Customer, select the customer. Unclick balances only to see all past Ro's. You can then filter them by date, vehicle, or search by a keyword to see all Ro's that have that word. Call and we'll walk you through it.

Replied July 2019

Dawn

Run... Get this!

I cannot day enough good things about Digital Wrench. Our experience for the past 4+ years has been nothing short of amazing!!

Pros

We stumbled for the first year we started our own business. We were working off of paper invoices for our customers and our inventory was a mess! Within 15 minutes of installing this software, we were up and running and have not looked back. I cannot stress enough the ease of use and the security in knowing if there should ever be a problem, support is always there! The cost is below what would be expected for a program than can be virtually customized for any need! Completely satisfied!

Cons

As hard as I try to think of a negative... I just cannot.

Convenience, price, support.

Response from VMT Software

Thanks Dawn. Glad to hear Digital Wrench is working well for you.

Jason

Digital Wrench Review

Everything I need is at the touch of a button

Pros

I've been using VMT Digital Wrench for 3 years now & the value you receive in this product is far beyond the price tag associated. In the Marine Industry the Work Order & POS Systems come at a premium rate but Digital Wrench does everything they do with the same ease of use they come with. For anyone looking for a professional product at a unbeatable value, VMT is by far the best option!!

Cons

There really is no Con w/ Digital Wrench in my opinion, the only thing it doesn't do the $10,000 systems do is integrate the parts vendors info via automatic web download

Mike

Motorcycle parts and service

Pros

Not a whole lot of options out there we going DW on line works great. I'm sure we are even using the full program so many things it can do. I'm a customer satisfaction person and the team has always been there for me. Can't enough great things about them. Thanks guys

Cons

None that I can think of at the moment. Would be nice to be able to text the customer there eat and invoice

Reasons for choosing Digital Wrench

Customer support were the desiding reason. Customer service

Reasons for switching to Digital Wrench

Did not have the format that I needed

DAVID

Best work order and inventory software

The guys are quick to fix issues and make improvements, great company to work with

Pros

Cons

Would like to be able to change the print layout

Response from VMT Software

David, Glad Digital Wrench is working well for you. You can change the print layout of the invoices by using the report manager. Call us and we'll show you how that can be done. You can also use the report manager to create your own inventory, customer, cash, and many more reports.

Marcelino

EXTRAORDINARY TOOL FOR THE REAL AUTOMOTIVE BUISNESS

THIS PROGRAM GIVE US A CONSTANT PERFORMANCE TO OUR SHOP, GREAT FOR OURS CLIENTS, SOME SAID NEVER SEE BEFORE A ENVOICE SO CLEAR AND FRENDLY.

Pros

THE MARK UP PRICE/ THE PACKAGE FOR OURS MOST IMPORTANT JOBS/THE MULTIPLE CATEGORIES FOR ALL WE NEED.

Cons

THE TAG # AND THE MILLAGE THAT WE ENTER IN THE VEHICLE PRIMARY PAGE DOES NOT PASS TO THE INVOICE PAGE. WE NEED TO PUT AGAIN.

Response from VMT Software

Thanks Marcelino. You can turn on syncing for the mileage and tag# in the company setup area. Let us know if you still have a problem after that.

RICARDO

GREAT, LOVE THE SOFTWARE , RAY AND DON ARE THE BEST

MAKES THE COMPANY LOOK GOOD, WHEN WE CAN PULL UP A CUSTOMER IN SECONDS.

Pros

HOW EASY CAN THIS GET? THE LEARNING CURVE IS JUST TO EASY. I HAVE TRIED OTHERS AND THIS IS BY FAR THE EASIEST. THE INVENTORY MODULE IS GREAT. YOU CAN SEARCH ANYWAY YOU WANT. THE PURCHASE ORDER MODULE IS AS EASY AS DRAG AND DROP AND THE EMAIL OPTION MAKES IT SUPERB. THE END OF DAY CASH DRAWER OPTIONS ARE SUPER. ADDING NEW CUSTOMERS IS A BREEZE. AND OF COURSE THE FLEXIBILITY OF THE SOFTWARE AS A WHOLE IS JUST AWESOME. THE GUYS, DON AND RAY, AT DIGITAL WRENCH ARE ALWAYS LISTENING TO THEIR CUSTOMERS AND IMPROVING THEIR PRODUCT. GREAT VALUE, YOU GET A LOT FOR YOU MONEY.

Cons

WELL WHAT CAN I SAY I LIKE THE SOFTWARE. I WOULD LIKE MORE COLOR DOTS AND NEW AND IMPROVED TRAINING VIDEOS .

Jordan

Industry: Facilities Services

My review!

I purchased the program for the University of Alabama Grounds Department. This program is geared towards an individual shop owner, which is not exactly what I needed, but this is the closest program I could find to what I needed. We don't actually have customers or charge for parts or labor, we just needed a program to track what repairs we did to equipment within our department and how much money we spent on parts for each unit. I purchased the program mainly for the inventory portion to track how much we use throughout the fiscal year. We got several quotes for other repair utilities suited for our needs, but most were upward of $10,000 or more. All in all, I am very pleased with your program and it has helped us tremendously in keeping repair records of our equipment.

Pros

The inventory tracking is my favorite part of the software. it is easy to use and easy to track quantities of parts used throughout the year.

Cons

I have noticed that when I save and print repair orders that it cuts off some of the sentences or does not print everything I wrote. Everything is there when you view the repair order but not after you save it to pdf. I also save all my forms to pdf so I can put them into an equipment records folder to keep track of each piece of equipment for the year and print them off. I have not found a way to send it directly to the folder. I am having to save it and then transfer it from my wrench folder in the C:/ drive to individual folders. Like I stated before, we do not include taxes or labor rates in our repair orders. It would be nice to have the option to remove different fields from the repair order to clean it up.

Response from VMT Software

Jordan, Thanks for the kind words. As far as the RO printout is concerned we can fix that in short order. If you have the newest version, the invoice printouts have been fixed to show all of the labor. Also, some invoices now won't show the tax fields if you don't have taxes. Either way, you can use and/or copy one of the custom invoices and modify it easily and we'll be happy to help. To automatically send the pdf's to a particular folder you can set that up in the company setup area.

Dana

For basic software for a smaller business, it's great for our needs.

Easily contain all customer information, easily access information of accounts, and invoicing.

Pros

For the most part, this software is very user friendly. We can easily access most information we need through search tools. Invoicing and keeping track of sales is very easy.

Cons

A customer email function would be nice. We don't mass email often, but when we do, we have to copy/paste emails into our email account. Also, finding vehicle information is easy for every aspect of the vehicle except the VIN.

Response from VMT Software

Glad to hear it's working for you. As far as Email is concerned, you can use our Letter Editor (an optional program) to mass email your customers. This is nice because you can also do a 'Email Merge' so the letters are custom to each customer. You can also send a text or email to your customer to let them know the vehicle is finished. And of course you can email the customer the invoice or estimate as a PDF along with a custom message.

Replied May 2018

DIGITAL WRENCH REVIEW

I used shop controller in the past . They just got way to expensive. I priced other programs and decided on digital wrench. They are easy on the wallet and have very good customer support. Digital wrench might not have everything shop controller has but they have everything a small shop needs and they are adding to it all the time. it

Pros

Ease of use once you lean the curve ,which is no to hard.

Cons

Not being able to pull up a single car past history or maybe i do not know how.

Response from VMT Software

James, In order to see a complete history for a customers car, click on the $ icon on the main screen, click on the find customer button. Then, click OFF the balances only checkmark and you will see all RO's, estimates, WIP's and Completed RO's (Invoices). To see just one vehicle, Click on the Vehicle Icon, select the vehicle, then click on the checkbox to the left of the vehicle. Not hard once you do it once.

Gary

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Best Value & Easy to Use

I have been in business for one year and I have been using this program from day one. It has made thing very simplified. I would definitely recommend this product.

Pros

It was very easy to set up and start using. I like the amount of data this program stores and the reports your able to run. At this price point your getting a good value.

Cons

I would like to see more fields have the ability to edit in the customers vehicle area.

Reasons for choosing Digital Wrench

Digital Wrench allowed me to try out the software before I had to purchase it. Being able to use almost all the features enabled me to see how it would work for my business live. That made the difference.

Response from VMT Software

Gary, Thanks for your feedback. Call us and lets talk about what you need for the vehicle fields. We want to make it as versatile as possible.

Frank

Industry: Machinery

Works Great For OPE dealership!!!

Coming from a DMS, this program does everything they will do except integrate with OPE parts vendors and that part is not a big deal to me. It does Major Unit sales and ties the serial number to the customer profile at time of sale which is really handy feature that other programs doesn't do. Overall [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have been very helpful in helping me get the program setup and help run my business in an efficient manner.

Pros

Efficient Affordable Pricing Ease of Use Great Support

Cons

I can't really think of any cons. The program was great but I did recommend some new features and for the most part they have bent over backwards to add the features to improve the program for OPE use.

EUGENE