• icon"Great for looking up repairs with easy to follow information."
  • icon"The information available is better than that of similar products. Definitely worth the investment."
  • icon"It is a great tool to help diagnose problems. With all the user submitted data it can be very helpful."
  • icon"Parts and Labor Estimator fails to meet my needs. Searching for parts or labor functions sometimes fails to supply required information or results supplied are inaccurate."
  • icon"It is 3 times more expensive than the stand alone product we were using before through Wayne Reeves, called the Shop program."
  • icon"It is very hard to navigate and the technical support is the worse, they might take up to a week to get back to me or never did."

All Identifix Reviews

One valuable tool

Identifix is a great tool to add to your toolbox. The way it can help on some of those odd issues outweighs the cost of the subscription.

Pros

Identifix directhit is very easy to use. It is a great tool to help diagnose problems. With all the user submitted data it can be very helpful.

Cons

Navigating the service manuals section can be not as easy to navigate compared to other products. Not a deal breaker

Reasons for choosing Identifix

The database of user submissions is vastly larger than other products

Jim

Information and more

Ease of use with a quick, accurate symptom based search function provides me with possible solutions and the required test procedures to confirm a suspicion. Saves time and increases the accuracy of a repair.

Pros

The program gives me the ability to quickly identify pattern failures that may lead to a solution for a problem on a vehicle. Symptom search works well and minimizes search time. Test procedures, component information, wiring diagrams, TSB’s and recalls are all listed with the symptom to further increase ease of use and minimize wasted time searching for each item individually. Sending a request for help within the program for assistance finding information is excellent. The help desk personnel who respond to help requests are prompt, helpful and very nice to deal with.

Cons

Parts and Labor Estimator fails to meet my needs. Searching for parts or labor functions sometimes fails to supply required information or results supplied are inaccurate. Maintenance schedule fails to display labor functions in a uniform order and mixes “Inspect” functions with “Replace” functions. Other maintenance schedules present all “Inspect” functions followed by all “Replace” functions which streamlines preparation leading up to the actual work by allowing me to see all items that need replacement and order parts accordingly before the tech receives the job.

Bryan

Complete Repair Information

It was okay, it would work for anyone but did not have a good experience with customer service.

Pros

Identifix had most the information we needed in the moment.

Cons

Compared to Alldata they seem to have the same information with worse customer service. On hold forever. Would say Mitchell1 is superior to both.

Reasons for choosing Identifix

It was not as familiar as Alldata and poor customer service.

stephaney

June 2022

EVERYTHING..... ALL IN one place

Overall I LOVE it. My personal productivity has gone through the roof. Which helps my techs get their productivity up. And that means making more oney all around!

Pros

I LOVE Identifix. I no longer have to open half a dozen different windows to find information I need. I can find cars that have had the same issue, how to test that issue, diagrams and wiring for it and a list that shows what the most common fix is for that issue. ALL IN IDENTIFIX....GREAT PROGRAM

Cons

There are a couple things that could be a little easier. Many times specifications are not listed under SPECIFICATIONS. I have to search for them under testing info. It should be easier to find fuel pressure.

Reasons for choosing Identifix

I had used Identifix in the past and I knew it could only have gotten even better. It was good before, now it is awesome

Reasons for switching to Identifix

Alldata had little to no info on older cars. And we have a customer base that keeps their cars for many years. I was tired of having to request info from the library on Alldata and have them ultimately send me the info i had already found that was lacking what i needed. It was not worth the price

Sharon

Identifix

I will continue to use the software because when it comes to fixing cars it is a great software for mechanics to use for helping to troubleshoot.

Pros

The program integrates with my Invoicing software. It's easy to look up Repairs for most vehicles. It's gives what other mechanics have done to fix the problems.

Cons

It's not easy to maneuver around some of the other parts of the program. Not always easy to find what you are looking for.

Reasons for choosing Identifix

Identifix has more information then most other programs.

ELIAS

been using now for a couple of years, works well when in a pinch. price is a little high in my opion

Pros

i like that technicians can find test procedures quickly with a search bar, instead of searching manually with alldata

Cons

price is too high for use. system is getting better with factory manuals, wiring diagrams and other related criteria

Quick fault to fix software with full management capabilities.

Pros

I like the quick search tab that allows us to search for like faults in so many cars. It really does cut time when testing.

Cons

Program is a little sketchy sometimes although it seems to be improving. I think it will be really good in the future.

Very easy to use, lots of information

Other users comments

Pros

One of the best things about using Identifix is getting information from other users that have had similar issues and being able to narrow down certain issues. This has help me quite a bit in the past to determine what was wrong with some vehicles.

Cons

The one thing I don't like about Identifix is the cost, it is hard to pay so much when you only work on cars as a hobby.

RICHARD

NOT QUITE THERE YET

I do not feel we miss anything by not using identifix.

Pros

I quit using this software due to difficulty in program and lack of wiring schematic and original equipment service manuals.

Cons

The use of this software is only good for reviewing past fixes and what other Technicians have found in the field and is not useful to real technicians.

Reasons for switching to Identifix

Much better original equipment repair information.

Richard

November 2022

Identify the problem then Fix it.

Pros

supplied information data and schematics and charts from OEM.

Cons

cost , depending on frequency of use, may not be cost effective solution. Would like to see them offer pricing for smaller shops. Scaled pricing according to usage.

Patrick

Super helpful tool for small repair shop

Pros

Identifix has saved us lots of money and time by helping pinpoint troublesome vehicle’s maladies. Identifix has paid for itself many times over.

Cons

The overall interface is a little “busy” but after getting used to it, it became pretty seamless.

Nick

Identifix is a valuable resource

Identifix helps us do the right maintenance on our customer's cars at the right interval. It has also helped us figure out difficult hard to find problems on a few cars.

Pros

I like the maintenance schedule lookup feature. It makes it easy to determine what maintenance items we should be doing on our customer's car at any given time or mileage. The catch up maintenance and recall notices on the suggested maintenance is a great feature. I do like the ability to check the diagnostic trouble codes for most likely failures and tips from other technicians about testing protocols as well.

Cons

The layout of the home page is my least favorite feature. It's not as intuitive as it should be. I think the options to click on new car, maintenance, schedules, etc could be neater and easier to find.

Denise

Identifix is an automotive repair shop necessity

My automotive repair shop uses Identifix daily. One of my favorite tools on this program is the ability to paste a vehicle's VIN number into the homepage, it effectively decodes the VIN and looks up the vehicle. Identifix comes in hand especially when we are dealing with a check engine light. The program shows us what the most common fixes are for a specific engine light code and provides detailed service information for the techs. My techs greatly appreciate the wiring diagrams and diagnostic tips from other shops.

Pros

This software provides a vast amount of vehicular repair information. I have been able to utilize this program on nearly every vehicle that comes into my shop.

Cons

I like everything about the software.

Mike

Real life fixes from automotive professionals.

Quick Diagnostics and repair information. Saved many headaches from unpublished repairs. The ultimate "shortcut" software.

Pros

Easy to use with a wealth of information on most makes and models. This software has saved our shop hundreds of hours of diagnostics which makes us more money and saves the customer money. Has labor guides from multiple sources. Has OEM TSB's and repair information. This software has a wealth of information once you learn how to use it.

Cons

The price can fluctuate depending on your needs and who you talk to. Like any good business deal get it in writing. Charge your customers a fee for use and you will recover the costs.

Odis

Identfix can do exactly as the title states. Identify the problem and lead you to fixing it.

Identifix is my go to for all labor times, R & R procedures, Its vital in creating accurate estimates for my customers

Pros

I like that you can search by vehicle malfunction and see reports from other users that have had the same problem and how they were able to solve the problem.

Cons

Biggest Con is the price. Its quite expensive and may not be for everyone if they do not have a shop that can justify the cost.

Frank