• icon"The ease of writing and updating work orders is fantastic. I like that you can do everything from writing purchase orders to checking history and updating recommended service from one screen."
  • icon"It is easy to use and easy to track inventory and profability."
  • icon"Previously we had used AllData Manage and it could not look up vins or license plates and we love that we can do that through this program. The customer service is fantastic."
  • icon"The same thing occurs if you edit a price, it automatically changes back. Frustrating if you don't realize before you invoice."
  • icon"I haven’t used the software long, but I find it a little difficult to use. Maybe with some more time I can get it figured out."
  • icon"It is very difficult to give a customer a discount on parts and have the discount show on the final repair order."

Browse all NAPA TRACS Reviews

• Have you used NAPA TRACS and would like to share your experience with others?

shelley

Awesome Software

I really enjoy the ease of use with the program.

Pros

My favorite feature about this software is the profitability worksheet. It clearly shows me what I set me goals to be and if we meet them.

Cons

The part I liked least is not being able to change the Invoice date. It is needed randomly and would be a useful feature.

Reasons for choosing NAPA TRACS

Can't remember the name, it came down to customer service and knowing that I was going to be taken care of by the Tracs team.

Reasons for switching to NAPA TRACS

Cost and Features. I was not getting the same benefit from Fullbay that I do from Tracs. I had been with Fullbay for the Inventory features and realized that Tracs are more suited for what we do here in our shop. Plus the price for Tracs and features they have are way more valuable to me.

Be careful

The base program is great-lots of changes from legacy to enterprise-some good some not-many useful features from legacy not in enterprise-NAPA doesn't seem to be interested in suggestions from users-would recommend test driving before buying

Pros

works pretty good to do daily repair orders-has some very nice features to run my business-help desk has some of the best people ever-they know the product-usually get things done properly and quickly so you can carry on

Cons

For over 8 years I have been promised that "soon Tracs will allow industry wide ordering that works well" Not true! Unless you order 99% of your parts from NAPA you will not be happy. Every time I contact Tracs to find out when there will be a fix I'm given another excuse-in their defense I am using the software at no charge right now but I would much rather pay them and have the product they promised to deliver.

Reasons for choosing NAPA TRACS

As stated-I was told it would work with other vendors-turns out it's very poor at that function, but I'm an old guy and it's hard to change once familiar with a system

Reasons for switching to NAPA TRACS

activant quit supporting their program

kevin

Feels built for Windows 95

Overall, it is probably one of the least functional programs I've ever used. It's a great idea and was probably the best option a decade ago but it could use a full rebuild

Pros

It's nice that it keeps track of customers, their vehicles and the repair history. I also like being able to order parts directly from the program.

Cons

The software feels like it was built for old computers and has just constantly had new code dumped on top. We have issues with it nearly every day and frequently have to have support come through remote viewer and reinstall it. It has a million different functions and tools but only a very small percentage of them actually work.

Response from NAPA Auto Parts

Hey Kevin I'm really sorry to hear that you are having major issues with your program. Upon looking at your account it seems you are on our legacy platform and we recently released our Enterprise program which is our most up to date program. I'm curios to know what kind of issues you have had with legacy so that i can pas this information over to our developers. I encourage that you give us a call to discuss a demo of our newer version of the program i think this is what you could be looking for. Feel free to contact us at 800-659-3710. Thank you for your feedback.

Replied September 2019

matt

September 2022

Powerful but needs some tweaks to be competitive with newer products

Pros

Its a very powerful software that is very underutilized

Cons

ability to scan to ro. ability to have a separate accounting/ hour matrix for comebacks and warranty work. integration with other card processing machines. built in vehicle inspection reporting system

Missy

June 2022

Love Napa Tracs and the support behind their product is amazing!

My work orders and invoices look more modern, professional. We are able to search not only NAPA but all parts vendors on one screen and see their availability. I am able to run many reports and have help customizing to my shop . All the way from the TRACS rep, conversion team, daily access to the National Trainer and the support hotline, no other company offers that support. I have an amazing team behind me. Well done NAPA and NAPA TRACS!

Pros

It is up to date, user friendly, invoices and work order look professional with my customers, integrates well with many other software/products. As Tracs users, we have access to the National Trainer, [SENSITIVE CONTENT]DAILY (Mon-Fri). Also the support team behind Tracs is very knowledgeable and helpful. They are awesome. We used Mitchel 1 for 20 years and I am so happy we switched to Napa TRACS!

Cons

I have asked for some features with Accounts Receivable. I have been told they are working on those and it will be in an update soon. The best part is if you work with the National Trainer which to my knowledge no others have to offer, they listen, will help in anyway they can and they work to improve their product constantly!

Reasons for choosing NAPA TRACS

The service, support and access to the National Trainer on a DAILY basis who can help you navigate any issue and work to customize specifically to your shop. No one else offers the support they have! We are able to search all parts stores for availability on one screen.

Reasons for switching to NAPA TRACS

I am a Napa Gold certified shop. I was introduced to TRACS and have not looked back since!

Good product.

Pros

Easy to use and easy to make estimates. Easy to look up NAPA pricing.

Cons

I wish there was a way to add in additional owner info, like with a married couple, who wish I would call the one or the other at certain times. If there was a spot for two owners and a way to differentiate the phone numbers for each that would be very helpful.

Reasons for choosing NAPA TRACS

The price, but I miss the feature of being able to add in other pricing sources like I had in Mitchell.

Reasons for switching to NAPA TRACS

When I bought the shop and moved from the other shop I was running I switched.

Jim

Jim TRACS Review

It is ok

Pros

We use the Work Orders, Invoices, Purchase Orders

Cons

Finding a part used with a customer by description would be nice

Reasons for switching to NAPA TRACS

We were not using all the features Quickbook had. Now we know more about some of those features.

My thoughts on NAPA Tracs

Pros

I really like vin decoder to save me from typing vin in manually

Cons

Repair info for older vehicles is not supported

Reasons for switching to NAPA TRACS

became a Napa Auto care center and it was offered to me.

Rick

Tracs has been good to us! Was a little overwelming to get started because it can do so much.

Pros

The things we like are the ability to make estimates that are complete and ready to turn into repair orders that are already finished when the car arrives. All aspects of the work order are modifiable at any time. Notes are easy to apply and sub estimates stay in history. It is easy to export to Quick Books. The support team has been able to keep us up and running. Our rep. is great! he is there for us when we want to take Tracs to the next step, or if we have a crisis. (such as a computer crash Friday night and a new set up on Sunday)

Cons

It would be nice if you could open multiple windows or history RO's over top of each other for clip board pasting or searching history. would be nice to look at history RO's and be able to open the parts items and see where they were purchased. Would be nice if Pro link would not close until you closed it while working on a repair order. Would be nice if the labor estimator had a more detailed menu (more choices)

Response from NAPA Auto Parts

Hi Rick, We are currently working on a version that will allow you to have multiple windows open at once. This upgrade will be made avaialbe to all current users by end of Q3 2018. The Labor guide in NAPA TRACS is a direct interface to Mitchell PRODemand Labor. HINT! Use a Wild Card to narrow your search. Type WAT* for Water Pump and you will see where that labor is. You are one click away from there! M1 is working on type ahead functionality in the labor section. Will make it easier for the customer to get where they wan to go.

Mazin

October 2022

Napa TRACS

Have used Napa Trac for over five years and can’t be any happier

Pros

Euro year of increase my business with using NAPA TRACS and the reporting that it offers

Cons

Cloud based on that sometimes there’s a lag.

Jeffrey

June 2022

Is a good program. It could be a lot better.

For the most part, the program isn't too bad. It is relatively user friendly. In the "Cons" block is a list of issues that were noticed and some ideas that could make the system more user friendly.

Pros

The Schedule is easy to use. Ordering parts is very easy. ROs are clean and easy to read.

Cons

Shows another workstation in WO when they are not Unable to edit Part number Shows zero communication to order (1 on RO, 0 on PO; none in stock) If unsaved "New" RO is Open, will Default to that one when trying to start another New RO Anytime a RO is started, it should generate an appointment block Under "Appointments" tab, allow limiting to a single day. Receive all open PO’s at once Can’t drag an item to the bottom, sometimes have trouble dragging the bottom item up Put key tag number box in appointment window An option to not print “repair notes” on job ticket Merging vehicles sometimes erases the history of vehicle moved Better highlighting of which Sub-Est is open When doing a “history” search, after taking action (invoicing) going back to the search list, it is not updated, (still shows as a repair order) Canceling a RO should delete the appointment When adjusting price, amount does not highlight. Needs more info when VIN decoding (is it 4X4 for example) Automatically save and close a RO after __ (20?) minutes of inactivity. Show how the backup is progressing A real nice addition, be able to highlight text At times, the system moves very slow and freezes, requiring a soft restart of TRACS. This can cause all updates to a RO to be lost.

Reasons for choosing NAPA TRACS

TRACS was offered to this business back in 1989 (Unix?) and was the only real system of its time. This business has used NAPA TRACS, for the most part, since the beginning.

May 2022

This is the only autoshop mgmt software we've used; so for what it's worth, I do recommend it

Pros

We are a growing company and Tracs has helped us with our growing pains. We've been using Tracs for just over 3 years and there are many features we haven't utilized yet, but are looking forward to using. One of my favorite features is the subestimate. You can create as many as you need under one work order and using ProDemand estimating makes it easy for even office staff to create estimates.

Cons

When you accept partial payment on an invoice, it prints the payment type and amount on the invoice, but it also prints PAID in bold letters next to the total. There is no balance printed. There is no ability to apply bulk payments to individual invoices without going into each invoice and accepting payment. Also, I wish there was something in the Customer Account Summary that indicated which invoices were paid and which are outstanding. The statement seems to only apply it to the oldest invoice, even if you apply it within the invoice instead a bulk payment. RepairLink doesn't support Heavy Duty through Tracs.

We became a NAPA Autocare,

Ryan

GREAT PRODUCT BUT HAS LIMITATIONS

i really like the system but will unfortunately have to change i feel that if i had a stationary shop location and wasnt on the road contantly that it would be a great system. i use the enterprise version and actually like i stated love it but will have to change so i can adapt and grow my business for the future i will probably return in the future once i have a shop location and am not going back and forth between devices as much

Pros

I love napa Tracs but as a mobile automotive repair business I have found certain limitations it has to be hooked to a laptop for invoicing estimates. unfortunately I will have to be looking for a more mobile option if possible . i like the ability to send and invoice work orders estimates and invoices on the fly with ease of access being able to access mitchell one for my diagnostics and being able to use that system and all the benefits that come with it. i wish i didn't have to use the software of tracs only from my laptop. also it does glitch out but that could be my laptop more than the program you have to have a lot of memory and speed to run the program also processing power is key. it does have a very professional look to the customer when they see the invoices and epicor makes ordering parts and comparing prices across the board a breeze.

Cons

i wish tracs would do a better job of integrating the parts into the work order but in order to do that you have to actually order the parts instead you spend a lot of time copying and pasting part numbers and information from the pro link screen to the work orders and also the way i use it is considering i dont always make the sales cause some customers buy and dont buy i use an item i have made called misc part and then add the part number to the estimate as i go so i can get the estimate written quicker to present to the customer it can be a challenge getting used to the program also anytime you add a new customer even if you get the quote or not they are forever stucj in the system and cant be deleted they can only be hidden. which makes it difficult also. the same with the parts and items you put in they can be altered but never removed.

Reasons for choosing NAPA TRACS

i would stay but am going to have to leave the system for now hopefully in the future i can revisit it its great for a shop location but not for mobile technicians

Ronald

May 2022

Good overall shop management solution if you have an extremely great computer system.

Still plugging along with this hoping things will improve. The platform has the potential to be the best in the industry but needs a ton of cleanup in the code, improvement with the integrations and frankly, the price point is exorbitant for something with as many issues.

Pros

Overall a great shop management tool. Full featured and handles most all aspects of your shop from estimate through invoice along with history and accounting reports.

Cons

The code that drives the software is very klunky. It's so heavy to run that the best computer you can buy off the shelf at your local electronics supplier will struggle to keep up. Be prepared to invest in a computer that is WAY above average in both processor power and ram. Otherwise you'll be restarting your Napa Tracs several times a day to release the memory the software has bogged everything down with. Often by lunch time on a busy day I'll find I "click" a tab and wait upwards of 2 minutes for the software to move. So a restart becomes mandatory. Altogether, this process costs me more time than the otherwise convenient software saves. Additionally, parts tech catalog integration is dismal at best. Works ok for looking up parts across your vendors and transferring said parts to a work order, but you cannot order from it any more. You still have to go to your individual vendor, look the parts up again and then order from there.

Reasons for switching to NAPA TRACS

Desired a more encompassing platform with seamless integrations with vendors.

Paula

After receiving a new territory rep for Tracs, we are much more at ease with the program.

Pros

Program operates as it should, territory rep has helped immensely with getting our unused/unprogrammed portion working after many years. It pays to have a local person to help with questions and help with programming setup.

Cons

Tracs has been pretty slow with changes in the software over the years. Probably because they relied on their parts sales people to recommend changes. Our territory Tracs rep has been tremendous getting us up and running better. I agree with another reviewer that we should be able to incorporate google calendar into Tracs, the schedule in Tracs is very hard to use, I would like to be able to add who and what I want without creating a work order. Tracs needs to have a direct link in Tracs for VIN Decoding instead of in ProLink. I have stopped using the NAPA Mobile App Vin Decoder due to its inaccuracy. Parts ordering could be improved with other suppliers besides NAPA.

Response from NAPA Auto Parts

Hi Paula, We have averaged (3) updates a year to the application. We gather changes for future development from our customer base. The majority of these are from our User Group Meetings as well as our online training sessions. We also get them from our Support Staff based upon customer request. We compile those and look at what makes the most sense for the majority of our customer base. I agree, the ¿Calendar¿ in Legacy TRACS is hard to use. We are currently redesigning how it looks, operates and integrates to other products. Google Calendar is a good suggestion.

Napa Tracs liking it

Overall I’m really happy with Napa Tracs

Pros

Overall I feel that tracks is a easy system to learn and operate. A lot of the new features in Enterprise make things easy. But there are some areas that could use some improvement.

Cons

Hard to reconcile invoices, would be nice if you could use the escape button like you used to be able to to exit out of something. Would love to be able to customize the color system used to flag things like customers waiting etc.. I really like the new scheduler except when I make appointments for existing customers I am not able to change their information like telephone number or if they’ve gotten a new vehicle I can’t add or delete a vehicle from the scheduler page would be nice to be able to do that all in one step

Reasons for choosing NAPA TRACS

Since we are on Napa auto care Center they integration is easier to work with

Napa invoicing

Carolyn

NAPA TRACS is an easy program to learn and maintain. We use it in a company with multiple locations

Pros

The ease of writing and updating work orders is fantastic. I like that you can do everything from writing purchase orders to checking history and updating recommended service from one screen. I also like being able to program it for a "check and balance" reminder so a ticket can't be invoiced without a PO being received or without a customer group and cause of failure being entered. It is nice to also limit access for different employee groups so that for example a technician in the shop looking up parts can't unlock or change an invoice. In our company with multiple locations, it will also allow us to link into or change shops for customer and vehicle information.

Cons

The system has a way of changing edited items back on its own. There isn't anything more frustrating than to quote a customer an estimate, only to find that when you originally had two parts on the estimate ( such as two rotors ), the system had changed it back to a quantity of one. The same thing occurs if you edit a price, it automatically changes back....frustrating if you don't realize before you invoice.

Response from NAPA Auto Parts

Carolyn, I am going to have support contact you. There is no reason for a saved Work Order to have a part or price changed.