All NAPA TRACS Reviews

Carolyn

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2018

NAPA TRACS is an easy program to learn and maintain. We use it in a company with multiple locations

PROS

The ease of writing and updating work orders is fantastic. I like that you can do everything from writing purchase orders to checking history and updating recommended service from one screen. I also like being able to program it for a "check and balance" reminder so a ticket can't be invoiced without a PO being received or without a customer group and cause of failure being entered. It is nice to also limit access for different employee groups so that for example a technician in the shop looking up parts can't unlock or change an invoice. In our company with multiple locations, it will also allow us to link into or change shops for customer and vehicle information.

CONS

The system has a way of changing edited items back on its own. There isn't anything more frustrating than to quote a customer an estimate, only to find that when you originally had two parts on the estimate ( such as two rotors ), the system had changed it back to a quantity of one. The same thing occurs if you edit a price, it automatically changes back....frustrating if you don't realize before you invoice.

Carolyn, I am going to have support contact you. There is no reason for a saved Work Order to have a part or price changed.

Replied April 2018

Jaqlyn

Reviewed November 2023

TRACS

TRACS has great customer service and TRACS was a great starting point for our shop, but the software could use some significant updates in interface and features. It's easy to use and effective, but making it an all-in-one software that features communication/texting, more comprehensive work order management, DVIs, etc. without having to pay for, sign up for, and manage 4 other integrations would make it significantly more competitive.

PROS

For what the software is, NAPA TRACS worked well. The pricing is great, and I think it's a good starting point for any new shops or those who aren't tech savvy. All of the features that TRACS does offer, it does well.

CONS

TRACS is slow to updates and changes. It only recently allowed the ability to capture digital signatures. There are still a lot of updates to the interface and features that it needs to make to compete with other software on the market. It works with third party software to bridge some of the features it lacks; however, having two different software is costly and clunky and often doesn't work the way it should. TRACS is very manual and unintuitive, and it very much feels like using an early 2000s software.

Robin

Retail, 2-10 employees

The old Napa Tracs worked , this doesn't

It actually ruins parts of my day, every day , try having a customer standing in front of you waiting for 3 estimates. I go to O'Reilly's website and look up the parts faster and type them into the Napa Tracs estimate or I would be here all day....

PROS

This category is asking for 40 words on what I like. I don't have 40 words. I have been in the automotive repair business for many years. there is nothing about this software that works for this business. Why fix what wasn't broken.

CONS

Work orders not easy to access, parts look up is way too complicated !!! I worked for Napa for 10 years so how to, and part numbers are not a problem for me. Takes the fast pace out of a a fast paced shop, the parts availability is like looking for gold, time consuming. Go look at O Reilly's website, please Simple, informative. The old Tracs had its flaws, but was very workable( daily I deal with at least 10 invoices a day.). . click on an invoice and go. Now you spend literally 3 minutes trying to get the invoice to alphabetize. Just to open it.

Great Product!

This is an all in one program.

PROS

Ease of use and very easy to train others to use.

CONS

None, there is nothing at all that the NAPA Tracs people won't due

Cost and program abilities

Try something different

Steven

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Best Repair Shop Software Available

Tracs has increased our average repair order, helped us increase our productivity, helped us be more profitable on both parts and labor and helped us retain our customer base.

PROS

Multi location software we have 14 locations; recommended services; service history; easy of creating multiple estimates; available reports to analyze business; inventory control; being able to separate types of sales, batteries, tires, oil, labor, parts, towing, etc.; electronic ordering of parts; windows based for ease of learning

CONS

I am had pressed to write anything about what I dislike there is very little. The only thing I can say is Tracs has lost invoices but I am not 100% sure it is the software's fault most likely internet interruption issues from client to server.

Reason for choosing NAPA TRACS

Performance, all the features and cost. No other software came close to providing the total package. We have used Tracs over 20 years they have continually improved it over the years to make it the finest software available.

Michele

napa tracs review

I have introductory pricing and ProDemand at a good price as a bundle So that has been a good but once the price goes up I will end up paying for software features I don't use If there was a simple version available for a cheaper price with less features but still ties into Napa Tracs

PROS

1. ease of ordering Napa parts 2. plate and vin scan into work order

CONS

The software is cumbersome and difficult to learn for a small auto repair shop we dont use 75% of the features

Reasons for switching to NAPA TRACS

we became a napa quality care center and this had a better price at the time with the NAPA part ordering feature

Dominic

Reviewed August 2023

good product

very good and support is helpful when needed

PROS

all of the integrations with 360 payments and autovitals etc

CONS

sometimes when running updates it loses things and i have to call support to get them back

needed better records

Automotive, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2022

Awesome shop management system.

PROS

The ability to import parts from vendors other then Napa including Dealers is a great feature. Having all of my pervious repair order in one place that is easy to search is also great.

CONS

I would like the see the ability to set an item as bulk to save time on inventory. When I order bulk oil from Napa I have to order outside of tracs then manually enter the quantity. If I order the oil through tracs it will show that the bulk item's part number has 1 on hand with a total price for say 55 gallons. If you enter that number on a customer repair order it will sell them all 55 gallons when they only need 5-6 quart. I would be nice to tell the software that such and such a part number is a bulk item and to sell it by the quart and have the software calculate the price per quart from the total.

I got a better price being an Napa Auto Care Member

Josh

Reviewed September 2023

Worth the money for a simple automotive management system

Overall the product was very easy to use and user friendly. Would recommend

PROS

The simplest and easiest to see and understand estimating software I found

CONS

I feel like they are a little behind on technology and I have to have an additional program to do everything I would like such as DVIs.

Luis

stuck in the past

it works great for what is needed from it but new innovations would be nice

PROS

the program is user friendly easy to use and quick to learn

CONS

the programs software is stuck in the past no major changes have been done in any recent updates to renew its look or freshen up its process.

Reason for choosing NAPA TRACS

was already the system in use

Ronald

Reviewed May 2022

Good overall shop management solution if you have an extremely great computer system.

Still plugging along with this hoping things will improve. The platform has the potential to be the best in the industry but needs a ton of cleanup in the code, improvement with the integrations and frankly, the price point is exorbitant for something with as many issues.

PROS

Overall a great shop management tool. Full featured and handles most all aspects of your shop from estimate through invoice along with history and accounting reports.

CONS

The code that drives the software is very klunky. It's so heavy to run that the best computer you can buy off the shelf at your local electronics supplier will struggle to keep up. Be prepared to invest in a computer that is WAY above average in both processor power and ram. Otherwise you'll be restarting your Napa Tracs several times a day to release the memory the software has bogged everything down with. Often by lunch time on a busy day I'll find I "click" a tab and wait upwards of 2 minutes for the software to move. So a restart becomes mandatory. Altogether, this process costs me more time than the otherwise convenient software saves. Additionally, parts tech catalog integration is dismal at best. Works ok for looking up parts across your vendors and transferring said parts to a work order, but you cannot order from it any more. You still have to go to your individual vendor, look the parts up again and then order from there.

Reasons for switching to NAPA TRACS

Desired a more encompassing platform with seamless integrations with vendors.

Charlie

Reviewed August 2021

Workhorse Software with a broad range

Our shop has used three other major competitor software systems. We are a NAPA Auto Care Center and after a ton of problems with catalog integration in a major cloud based competitor we switched to Tracs Enterprise. We have Integrated AutoVitals with text to pay features and did not miss a step.

PROS

As the title states TRACS is an application that will do heavy lifting for organizations of any size. The set of features and capabilities exceeds my ability to master them. I do know that when and if we need to extend the software or add a capability its likely a phone call or two away. The support folks screen share and work through issues very well.

CONS

I will welcome when TRACS moves to the cloud. The ability to login from the road and work up a quote or run reports is hampered by the server based application. Its not impossible but requires a 3rd party applications. We would also prefer to have more control over the appearance of invoices and estimates to create an updated look.

Reasons for switching to NAPA TRACS

We are a NAPA Car Care Center. We loved ALLDATA Manage online but the Epicor catalog integration for NAPA parts was beyond horrific. We were constantly submitting electronic orders that looked correct on the screen but ordered the wrong part. We also needed to ensure whatever system we chose would easily and instantly integrate with AutoVitals.

Amy

Mixed

We have used TRACS since it was DOS based. We have seen a lot of bad features come and go, as well as the good. It is easy to use for the most part but can be a little daunting for a service writer in a hurry.

PROS

Inventory management is very useful and easy to use. We love that Repair Link and ProDemand links are now part of the screen. Being able to undo an invoice is a great add as well. Calling TRACS Support is always a great experience. Some of them even call back to make sure you're getting along ok!

CONS

Repair orders and invoicing needs a lot of work. If you have more than five items in your repair order, good luck maneuvering around. Switching over to the profitability screen or technician screen gives you a much easier view. However, they have taken away the ability to drag items around in these screens. There are also way too many columns in each of these two screens. Please bring back spell check!

Shawn

Reviewed May 2022

Great product for your shop

PROS

Ease of use, intergration with parts and labor guides. scheduling has gotten a lot better

CONS

Accounting is not user friendl by any means.

Reason for choosing NAPA TRACS

We are a Napa Auto Care Gold shop and we get Tracs for free. The integration was better than Mitchell at the time.

integration

charles

Keep looking

It has worked.

PROS

Very basic and simple to use for invoices. Not easy for communicating with customers

CONS

Never update very simple system does not keep up with the times.

I am a napa auto care

The old system was DOS

Erin

Happy Customer

PROS

The integration was simple. Love that it works so well with quick books. Invoicing is easy.

CONS

I can't copy and paste information when sending a email. When ever I'm composing the email. If I get interrupted, it won't save my custom information. Once I close it, I loose my progress. It doesn't allow me to copy my progress either.

Todd

Tracs review

PROS

I like the ability to pull up another work order while working on other ones

CONS

I would like to delete part numbers that are incorrect

Too much corruption