Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Very easy to use and configure the coverage is great and can even use custom types of vehicles overall the best software for shop invoicing."
  • icon"The ease of use is outstanding and the accuracy of the times is right on in most cases."
  • icon"Very functional, its great that I can add parts and specific labor to our shop and store for quick reference."
  • icon"Sometimes it's hard to find the task you're looking for."
  • icon"It sometimes doesn't have the correct hours for a job and sometimes no job listing at all this is probably less than 10 percent of the time."
  • icon"Sometimes finding the actual repair type is a little bit difficult due to the way they are categorized."

Have you used Real-Time Labor Guide and would like to share your experience with others?

All Real-Time Labor Guide Reviews

TOM

Good product for the price

Eric

Best Bang for your buck available

Pros

I have used this software for years and love the features and ease of use! This has cut my service ticket time considerably and is quite accurate with the labor times posted. If you are a small shop then you must have this software to compete with the big boys and show a big time appearance to the customer, it reinforces professionalism and integrity of your shop,I.e. letterhead and breakdown of ticket with an appealing look. I would recommend it to all repair shops no matter the size or location. This software has definitely made me a lot of money and helped ensure to not leave any on the table.

Cons

Wish it had older model cars I work on some older cars and a lot are not on the software and I understand I’m probably in the minority on this

Reasons for choosing Real-Time Labor Guide

Simplicity and cost of use

Charles

Great pic for small shops

Needs more features in an additional tier or al a cart add ons. I use this daily, incredibly easy to generate accurate quotes, but a POS system its not...yet.

Pros

Overall the product is very useful. The are very few products for small guys to get away from paper & get access to labor guides. Ive tried all of the $20-$50 monthly options as I wanted a cloud based system that I could work with from anywhere regardless of platform. I really think this has helped me attract more business & close more sales due to accurate quoting. Lets face it people want professional & accurate quotes up front...and when they come back to pickup they dont want surprises either- this gains trust. In this regard RT has actually made me more money & makes things more efficient. How can a small shop justify $100-250 per month for Shop Management? Well theres not much out there that will get you running for sub 100 much less the $25/month I promise ya!

Cons

Now for the downsides...Im anxiously awaiting some upgrades- another tier for those of us wanting AR & Inventory, regardless of the info page here there is no inventory- nada. This needs to be fixed. The Customer owed balance needs to me on the main page so you know what folk are due/overdue at a glance instead of drilling into each work order & clicking thru to the end- its ridiculous to have to do that. Multiple tech assignment would be super helpful as well- each labor line should have ability to assign more than one all of the techs- not just one. Adding part vendors on the fly would be nice too but thats nit pickin. We need inventory Customer AR (and report) as well as Quickbooks online integration. I should be able to use this software to see what oil & filters I have on hand at least! All that said, they promise more soon & are adding payment processing- I really hope its soon!

Shop Boss, AutoRepair Cloud, AutoShop and Shopmonkey

Reasons for choosing Real-Time Labor Guide

Ease of use, price & stability

Workshop Software

Reasons for switching to Real-Time Labor Guide

To get the features from Workshop it gets pretty expensive...when you pay that kid on money you expect it to be stable & not glitchy. Had my request & complaints not went ignored for days I may have stayed longer & dealt with it, as there is alot of promise for Workshop. Though when I tried RT & actually saved a ton of time & money & wasnt bogged down with glitches I was sold on RT. WS had many half baked feature sets that were there but didnt work fully only to get aholt of some one and be prodded into spending more $$...then when had to sort out billing errors with overseas CS, thats it Im done!

Ron

Was great, now it's terrible!!

I LIKED the reports and the fact it was easy to use and WAS very user friendly, the new "upgrade" makes it take longer to create tickets, find previous customers, find previous tickets, etc. Overall the new system has convinced me to begin a new search for a reasonably priced mechanical software system, very frustrating as I was EXTREMELY pleased with it until the "upgrade". All my guys that use it have asked me if we can switch back, I have contacted Real-Time but have yet to receive a response. If we can't, I will be switching software again, and that is very frustrating.

Pros

It WAS extremely user friendly and easy to learn and use, now they have released an update and forced all users to use the "upgraded" version, which is actually a HUGE downgrade from a user-friendly perspective. It is cheap, that is the only current Pro I can think of for the current system. If they would let us revert back to the previous version, I would give it a 5 star in all categories.

Cons

Not user-friendly any more, complicated to navigate, requires extra steps to perform tasks that used to be simple. The new upgrade they introduced is a massive downgrade from the original program, I will be looking for a new system.

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Ron - It's never easy to hear a potential let down from a customer but I do appreciate your honest feedback. We went to great lengths to make sure the ticket process is exactly the same with the same number of steps and clicks - the only thing that changed was the look and feel and the search. I'm hoping you'll give us a chance over the next couple days because for the customers who have been using it for the last couple months in beta - they swear they would never go back. Nobody likes change and we wouldn't have made this serious investment unless it was absolutely necessary. Specifically - our previous version was released 6 years ago and performance/security technology has made huge advancements that we needed to include in our system. The new site is now more secure, will allow for future expansion in features and all the new tickets you all are making, and more mobile friendly. Thanks for being our customer all these years and I hope you'll give the new site a chance.

Replied October 2018

Darren

Auto repair invoicing and labor

The customer service has always been extremely friendly and helpful. For us as a small business the software works perfect. It allows us to customize our invoices and track our customers repairs. Customer service is very helpful with finding labor on old cars or very new cars that may not be in a labor system.

Pros

Ease of use, great customer service, pricing, does pretty much everything we want. We’ve stayed with this software for several years.

Cons

In progress tickets drop from system after 14 days. There are times when we are waiting for special order parts that arrive past that period and we have to rekey what we’ve entered already.

Options and pricing.

Reasons for switching to Real-Time Labor Guide

System down time, wait too long for customer service assistance and poor customer service.

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Darren - Thank you so much for your glowing review! I will make sure we look at the in-progress time frame, but the best way to make sure those tickets are never dropped is to complete them as estimates. Estimates don't show up on sales reports and can be edited and changed into invoices at any time. The in-progress was meant more like an auto-save feature so you wouldn't lose your partially completed ticket if you had a customer walk in and need immediate assistance.

William

Real Time Labour Guide review

Great value. Couldn't run shop without it

Pros

The closest you will get to an accurate time to complete operations. this has increased revenues by approximately 20%

Cons

bit weak on larger vehicles such as medium duty trucks

Reasons for choosing Real-Time Labor Guide

Seemed to have most accurate real time labour times.

Reasons for switching to Real-Time Labor Guide

Inaccurate under valued times in other products. when I compared I found I was charging about 20% less than what I should have been charging, I also confirmed my belief that other product was inaccurate on times allowed for most jobs.

Robert

Great product at an affordable price

I have used this product since before the website version. It has helped me grow my business and keep the jobs coming in.

Pros

I am able to make estimates and invoices for the customers records as well as mine. I use the lower priced option, but it still helps me price and sell jobs with ease.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say. It has been a great product.

Reasons for choosing Real-Time Labor Guide

The price point was where I needed to be. It has helped me keep my cost low, and profit high.

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Robert - it's reviews like these that continue to motivate us. Our goal is to provide shops with a tool to help them keep their "cost low, and profit high" so it's remarkable that you used that phrase. Also, to hear that you have "nothing bad to say. It has been a great product," is music to our ears. We are so happy you decided to share this with us so we can share it with our team. Thank you for being a great customer for all these years!

Jaimie

Small Business Owner

I have been using the Real-Time Labor guide for years. I like it keeps my records so that i don't have a huge file or a lot of storage taken up. I use it daily for all my POS items and records including P & L, state tax and year end sales reports.

Pros

I like the customization capabilities for invoicing. You are able to add your own daily usage and create an invoice that fits your needs. Adding your logo and personal touches is great, plus editing is a cinch.

Cons

The increments of time for the automotive industry could be better when you are making your own labor task as opposed to canned tasks. Plus price per unit prints out in 1/10 of a cent so it must be edited on line items.

Ease of use.

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Jaimie - Thank you so much for your detailed review! We are glad to hear you like all the customization you can do with your tickets. We really want to help you achieve that professional look. Thanks for being our customer all these years!

Dana

Great basic system, easy to nav

Used it a long time and good for the money

Pros

Easy to use , nice lay out. Simple inputs

Cons

Not saving input values, cannot see last part cost will save sale price but not cost

To spendy

Mike

Great

Pros

Easy to use. Cost effective. Able to access from any device or computer

Cons

Not being able to edit vehicle selection after starting tickets

Cost and less hassle

Jason

JASONS AUTO BODY

I just use it because of cost is so low.

Pros

It is easy to use and navigate just have to play with the system to learn its uses.

Cons

I wish it had repair help on some jobs like Mitchell has and like for me I wished they would offer a crash -labor estimator like this. Even tech to tech talk for help would be nice.

cost

Reasons for switching to Real-Time Labor Guide

The cost between them made the choice for me

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Jason - Thank you for your glowing review! We do try to offer just what a shop needs at the lowest price possible. We appreciate the feedback and are happy to have you as a customer!

Sandy

I USE THIS EVERYDAY.

Overall I love the program, I have used it for many many years now.

Pros

I really like how you can run reports, for labor, or techs, you can get a varierty of reports.

Cons

The thing I noticed if you get called away from the invoice program it will just log you out, and it does not always saved it.

Reasons for choosing Real-Time Labor Guide

It seemed easier for me to use

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Sandy - Thank you so much for your glowing review! I'm happy you find the reports useful - we have plans for even more reports to help you see how good your business is doing. As for logging you out - it should only do that if you're idle for more than 4 hours and that is for your safety and security. Any tickets you are in the middle of should be available in the in-progress section for you to pick up right where you left off. If either of those don't seem to be happening for you feel free to give us a call and we'll try to help figure out what's going on with your setup.

Juan

Satisfied customer

Pros

Easy to use, good reports , accurate labor hrs, easy to set up.

Cons

Repair guide, component locations, schematics

Cost

Cost

Mike

Why not?

No complaints, just what I described above!!

Pros

Its very user friendly and pretty straight forward, but i might be bit tech savy over most!

Cons

As we proceed forward as we all know technology gets better, faster and cheaper as supply goes up. There are now competitors that offer a 3d screen of the parts area you are working on and suggested process and procedures at a much lesser price then Mitchelles or alldata. I would love to see Real Time step up to that!!

Price

Response from Real-Time Labor Guide

Mike - Thanks for your great review! We are always looking for ways to improve and give our customers more of what they are looking for. We appreciate the suggestion!

Joe

Real time labor a must have for auto repair shops!

When I first open my shop in 2013 I did not really know what I was going to do about and invoicing system. It was Motors Chiltons etc, but being a sole proprietor it was too much of a monthly fee for me to sign up for. I was about to open my shop a week later and I really didn’t know what I was going to do then I stumbled upon real time labor it was a godsend! Everybody has been so helpful at real time it’s easy to set up I highly recommend it for any shop owner. Thank you so much real time labor it would’ve been very difficult to start this business without you! I’m coming up on my seventh year in business August and I am still using real time labor to this day!

Pros

I started my shop in 2013. I found it very easy to use also cost effective.

Cons

There were a few glitches along the way when I first started using it but real time iron those out I really have nothing negative to say about real time and their product.

Reasons for choosing Real-Time Labor Guide

I Chose real time labor because of its simplicity to use and affordability.

BYRON