• icon"I am new user for this software and it really impressed me."
  • icon"Good parts management , easy to setup and input customers etc , costs jobs with all related costs for actual profit per job."
  • icon"The system is very easy to use and navigate around. Creating invoices in easy with the help of bundles and invoice templates."
  • icon"Too many glitches and not enough support from them to rectify the problems. Have denied problems in the past."
  • icon"Also that it only extracts in PDF not excel. Also that you have to pay for every user, that is so wrong, once you buy a licence you should be able to add a few users."
  • icon"Difficult to move around inside system. Fees charged to retrieve my info when we chose to move our software."

All Workshop Software Reviews

Matthew

Workshop Software has been a great addition to our business, well designed for Mechanics

Vehicle logs and details are brilliant. It has helped in tracking jobs and providing history for machines/vehicles

Pros

The fields available to record details regarding vehicle details, vehicle logs are excellent, user friendly Very happy with the software and the updates that are always happening to improve the software. Different from using accounting based software

Response from Workshop Software

Great to hear that you're getting great value from Workshop Software. The vehicle history and details on vehicles are such an integral part of running a workshop. You would be doing yourself a dis-service if you used an accounting package to run a workshop. It's sometimes not until you see this in action and have it working in your shop, that you see the full potential and wonder how you might have lived without this in the past. All the best for your future in your business and with Workshop Software. Thanks again. James Mitchell CEO Workshop Software

cathy

review

easy to use, back in the beginning i wish i had the opportunity to be trained by workshop software direct, it would have been much better.

Pros

ease of finding products, search function is amazing

Cons

the fact that when you create a new product, when it goes across to myob, it does not take the description, therefore you have to do into myob and copy and paste description on every product you create.

Reasons for switching to Workshop Software

did not have the drill down functions, search and location fields for inventory

Herb

Not a great start with staff leaving during our setup & first few weeks & ongoing.

It helps us operate more efficiently, with invoicing etc & the email/sms features are great.

Pros

Very user friendly for invoicing & general workshop management & Staff have always been friendly.

Cons

MYOB integration - has some issues (mainly balancing with w/shop). Cust credits go to Trade creditors & we have to do journals? Support calls on this have been unanswered on occassion. Reporting could be more specific, some don't have dates on them & we would like outstanding cust /suppliers balances with 30/60/90 days etc, we were unable to workout our top 20 customers etc for marketing purposes etc. Have made a few suggestions in previous support emails, but had no update. Probably need a better setup training system from the start rather than relying on youtube help solely. No Date/range on outstanding customer balances report . When balancing with MYOB I usually need to go back & get the outstanding balances - but i cant in workshop once the new month begins?. Begin & end date on some reports month-date-year? US style (EG; Sales By payment method report) not a big deal but could be consistent across all reports. Would love an Aged Trial Balance for Debtors/creditors 30/60/90 days ). It allows us to see what is owed to us or by us at a glance at any given time. Supplier Balance Report - is it possible to have a date range (easier to check off with each suppliers statements at the end of month) & total balance (to include all credits) for that date range? If credits arent allocated to an invoice, on the various reports (except cust outstanding balances) they dont show up in the overall balances. No report on a make/model of a vehicle.

Response from Workshop Software

Hi Herb, Thanks for your feedback. Not sure that we could do much about staff leaving ;-). Great to hear that Workshop Software is user friendly. Thanks for the suggestions, I'm sure you can appreciate that we cannot implement every suggestion that we get, and we prioritise what we feel might be best to add to the system. I wish you every success in the future of your business. Thank you James Mitchell CEO Workshop Software

Braeden

March 2022

The best software so far!

Trying out several softwares in the past, I have found this one to be the better suited for the line of work I do ( field service diesel fitter) it allows more customer and machinery/vehicle information to be put in then others I have tried I have had all good experiences so far and the help desk and staff s have resolved any issues I have had which haven’t been many.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use, I like how much information you can put in and how each customer has a history of vehicles and work done, this makes it so much easier to go back to a job if need be or when raising a job all the information is there, I can see when my business grows I will be using more of the other features it has to offer and I can see straight up I am not worried about expanding as the software has the capability to do so as well.

Cons

I wouldn’t mind an app for owner operators that allows you to do everything the dashboard can like raise jobs or bill out, this would make me more efficient as I could do everything from my phone

Reasons for switching to Workshop Software

Better features and more information could be put in and it was the same price but for more

Raniera

Very good program, love the constant updates that are relevant to what the customers want.

Pros

1/ very relevant updates 2/ easy to use 3/ friendly help staff 4/ company listens to the customers wants and updates as needed. 5/ price doesnt change -can access info anywhere in world(i wish reporting was better with that though)

Cons

1/ reporting features are not good enough(needs to be specific) 2/ inspections should be printed on to one sheet, not multiple sheets. 3/ workshop software servers seem to slow down everyday around 3-5pm 4/ have to constantly clear chrome history when program has problems 5/ cant search for specific customer/ report info. 6/ if internet goes down, no way to use system from desktop 7/ cant customize jobsheets and invoices to suit our own systems, so they almost cant be used efficiently in our workshop. 8/ needs more integrations for nz based parts suppliers.(BNT, PARTMASTER) (repco not a trade orientated store in nz).

Response from Workshop Software

Hi Raniera, Thank you for your feedback, appreciate you taking the time to provide this review. Good to hear that the system is easy to use and that the support team are looking after you. As for the reporting, might be good to get some specific info on that, as there are many reports in the system. Also, finding a specific customer? Not sure about that, as you can search for a customer top search bar that includes name, phone etc. Again, thanks for the feedback, appreciate it. All the best for your future success. James Mitchell CEO Workshop Software

Charles

May 2022

For small shops WS is the ticket.

Id be running WS Gold now if I could get my data out of current software, I just hate to re type everything, so Im kickin tires for right now, cuz what I have works for the most part, Id just rather have a more complete solution, of which WS would do nicely. Ive done a few trials & have tried alot of other shop software & POs software- and I think that was necessary to really appreciate WS for what it is. Originally it was buggy, but seems to be getting better & better.

Pros

The software is very easy to deploy, has a good deal of the features & add ons that you would want at a manageable price. At my level I just cant justify 4-500 shot & accounting software, yet Im busy enough that I can't spend time playing around with multiple programs & sites. They have customer communication options, labor guides, card processing, inventory management, quickbooks online integrations, partstech intgrations for in program ordering & various tax rates, etc.

Cons

It could be tailored to different regions, based in AU some verbiage & quirky thanks that should be changeable arent...what the heck is labour anyway? lol. really not a big deal but would be nice. A POS package set up would be great too- like an ipad terminal with cash box & card reader for check ins & check outs. It can be buggy, and those persistant warning banners at the top have got to go!

Shop Boss, AutoRepair Cloud and Shopmonkey

Reasons for choosing Workshop Software

Just about everything else is trash, lacked critical features or too expensive.

Lia

Industry: Sporting Goods

Time-saving and flexible

Although we are only five months into our subscription, Workshop Software has already saved us a lot of time when it comes to stock entry and customer management. We haven't yet utilised the full extent of program, but are looking forward to finding even more benefits. It's also encouraging to deal with a company which actually listens and takes feedback on board; it's definitely appreciated.

Pros

So much easier to use than our old system! The main search function is helpful, and it's great to be able to record multiple vehicles (or, in our case, bicycles) under individual customers. Being able to email invoices and job notes directly to customers is a huge bonus, too. There have also been several updates and upgrades since we first started using the program, which have been great; WS seem to be consistently striving to improve the platform.

Cons

We have had some set-up difficulties (our issues with Xero still aren't resolved), and some of our support tickets have taken a while to be solved. (Others have been quickly attended to, though; it's usually related to the complexity of each issue.) The online manual is also a bit limited; for example, it will tell you how to access a report but not how to fully interpret it. That being said, the support staff have always been friendly to deal with, and seem to be doing their best to help us. On the wish-list front, it would be great to be able to export reports such as follow-ups to Excel as you can't do much with a PDF, and we also need a way to print out barcode labels for our retail shopfront. Hopefully these improvements will be rolled out at some point! We remain optimistic.

Response from Workshop Software

Hello Lia, Thanks for your feedback and taking the time to provide some detailed info, it really does help. Great to hear that it's so much easier than before, and we will take on board your enhancement feedback. Thanks again, James Mitchell CEO Workshop Software.

Replied May 2019

Ryan

Been there since the start. Mostly works well but we have had our hiccups.

Pros

Easy to use and teach new users. We can keep track of open jobs easier, if the job card goes missing it is easily picked up in job centre.

Cons

New features appear to be the priority. Bugs, or getting that new features to work properly come second. For example the app is un useable, although i am sure people buy in on this feature. To start jobs needs a minor overhaul. This is a very slow process. A start all today's jobs and create job cards would be great. The printed job cards also need work, they work but could be allot better.

Response from Workshop Software

Hi Ryan, Thanks for the feedback and appreciate your continued and long support. When you say Bugs, I think you might be referring to wish list items. We get lots of feedback about all sorts of things for the system, some good, some not so good and we prioritise according to what we feel is the best for the general user base. I'm sure you'll agree, having used the system for quite a while, that there has been some great. As for starting a job, it should take as little as 3 seconds. Maybe contact support and show them your process, as we do not generally get feedback that this is a slow process. Thanks again, I hope you continue to get great value from Workshop Software. All the best. James Mitchell CEO Workshop Software

Industry: Defense & Space

I would find it difficult to run my workshop without this software.

Pros

Customer tracking, service reminder reports, Repco Navigator integration, SMS reminder service, easy to add users.

Cons

Customers unable to respond to SMS, when customer and/or vehicles are deleted from the software - they still present on the service reminder report, Customers receive SMS reminders for vehicles that have been deleted from the system - I pay for those SMS also. Even limited access user's can see dashboard and $ figures - I feel this should only be visible to the admin. Have to start job in order to order in parts - then the booking is closed and unable to be modified. I trialled the 'inspections' add on, I feel this was not yet re-fined enough to be offered as a pay for service - Would have liked to see a beta and/or trial version. Unable to remove customers if added multiple times by mistake, if any processed invoices are attached.

Response from Workshop Software

Hi Mark, Thanks for your feedback, appreciate you taking the time to respond. Great to hear that you could not live without Workshop Software. For the Dashboard, there is a setting on each user that allows you to show a full, or limited view of the Dashboard. I wish you every success in the future of your business. Thank you James Mitchell CEO Workshop Software

Francine

April 2022

A great support for our business

Good, customer support is always on hand to help when we find a glitch and to work with us when we learn new systems and additions.

Pros

We like that the service history on each product is kept for the customer, contractors are able to log in and check what units need servicing and recall invoices they may have misplaced. The recall system is invaluable in maintaining work during the quiet seasons.

Cons

The stock does not sync with Xero or our online webpage (hard when using Xero first). Credits have to be manually added against invoices in Xero after allocating in W/S.

Reasons for choosing Workshop Software

Cost, ease of use for the office, support system, link to mailchimp for marketing

Alexander

Easy to use, dynamic and supportive

Pros

Workshop software is a great one stop auto shop solution. The program is dynamic and always evolving to make workshop application easier and the daily operations smoother. We tried four systems for one month and 2 years ago choose workshop software. Whilst we don't utilize all features the systems we do are reliable and work faultlessly. Evolving - new features and benefits always getting implemented. Workshop software have improved all areas we have ever had concern with, within one phone call. Support - the support team are excellent and efficient Value - the annual fee is minuscule in comparison with other POS systems and the service and product are outstanding. I am a very happy workshop software user and would recommend to any mechanical workshop

Cons

From time to time the system can run very slowly, namely Friday afternoon between 5 - 6pm when we are at our busiest. It is from workshop software end as all other systems we use run at normal speed. Otherwise no fault in system.

Response from Workshop Software

Thanks Alexander, appreciate your feedback. Great to hear that Workshop Software is providing awesome value, and we agree it's a great one stop auto shop solution! We will continue to deliver even more exciting updates and enhancements in the future and it's great to hear that you've seen value in the updates we've delivered so far. I wish you every success in your business and with Workshop Software. James Mitchell CEO Workshop Software.

Dave

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Great software with constant improvement

Pros

Very user friendly , nice clean look with very little clutter. They're always adding improvements and are open to suggestions. Having experienced hard drive failure, it's great to know all the information is cloud based so no more worrying about back ups etc. Plus you can access the program from anywhere in the world so it's easy to monitor things while you're away. The loan car option is an easy way to keep tabs on who and when your car was loaned out, for when the dreaded photo turns up in the mail.

Cons

There really is nothing to pick on. The only hurdle is getting to know your way around the program but the more you use it the easier it is. Not every feature will be relevant to every user but it's good to have options.

Reasons for choosing Workshop Software

Better value for money. Clean look without a cluttered screen.

New business.

Pat

Generally pretty good overall

A better billing and job tracking system

Pros

The look ups and ease of use. Registration lookups. The product entry database is good too especially now it has been modified to include GST

Cons

The save feature where you loose data sometimes if saved in the wrong order. The print feature which seems to use a 3rd part application to print from. Sometimes I have to save the print file first. And lastly having to scroll to the bottom to save and having to scroll to the midsection to print Dont seen to be able to bulk enter products.

Response from Workshop Software

Hi Pat Thanks very much for your feedback, it really does help. Glad your finding easy to search. Not sure what you're referring to in regard to GST as the system has always been able to include GST (maybe you changed the system setting that includes GST in the price. That's been in the system since inception). I note that you gave one star for Support. We pride ourselves on support and I trust you will have an improved view in the future. I looked at your log, and can see only one support request back in May 2017. You may also want to contact the support team about losing data and printing. There is no known issue with data. If you login to another device with the same user name, it will log the original user out, maybe that's what you're seeing. Thanks again, appreciate the feedback, it really does help us to ensure we are providing the best product and service possible. All the best. James Mitchell CEO Workshop Software

Bobbie

Easy to use, but basic functionality.

Easy to use and integrate with other programs.

Pros

Workshop Software keeps adding great updates to the program to keep improving its features. It integrates with accounting programs to make life easier and its easy to use and teach to other employees.

Cons

From an accounting/book keeping perspective it has a lot to be desired. You can't make part payments after the invoice has been closed, you can't edit an invoice once its been closed, and you can't add workshop consumables or tools to the system unless you add them as a part. I think that there should be separate jobs you can open on an invoice where you can separate the parts and labour to each job.

Response from Workshop Software

Hello Bobbie, Thanks for your feedback. You can make a part payment. Please checkout the help knowledgebase for details on how to do this. You can also separate parts and labour. If you need further help, please contact the support team who will be able to help you through these processes. Hope that helps. All the best for your future success with Workshop Software Thank you James Mitchell CEO Workshop Software

Alan