• icon"With the ease of creation and maintenance, we traded the license cost for what would be multiple employees manually exercising the same tests, for an obvious cost savings."
  • icon"This makes it so exciting because the possibilities for its applications are limitless."
  • icon"The product cost is low compared to the cost of hiring additional bodies that are specifically dedicated to automation."
  • icon"Difficult troubleshooting, as logging quickly becomes confusing. Product updates must always be tested intensively."
  • icon"The only complaint I have is that updates come without much warning and no bulletin explaining what was updated/changed."
  • icon"Problems in letting support getting acces to legacy systems under Leapwork test is not easy."

All Leapwork Reviews

Merdan

Automated testing without any knowledge of coding.

We use Leapwork for regression testing. Leapwork is integrated in Microsoft Azure DevOps. We have chosen for Leapwork because the testers are non-developers without developments skills. The tests are easy to make with building blocks. It is easy to make test a web application and desktop application in the same flow.

Pros

Don't need any knowledge of coding. Easy to learn, also for non-developers. It is compatible for web and desktop applications. Great customer service and support.

Cons

Desktop flows are slow Not for small companies

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Focus on making tests and not only writing test code

Leapwork has solved a big problem for my team in regards to performing our user acceptance testing on new releases and upgrades of the software are responsible for deploying. The platform feels a little immature at terms in terms of the community support but there is a very solid foundation there to grow on.

Pros

I think that the codeless interface is a brilliant idea and increases the efficiency of the testing team significantly. For my team, where testing is just one of the responsibilities we have when upgrading and patching the product, we don't want to start training people up on programming languages so that they could start writings tests. With Leapwork the learning curve is very shallow and people can get started right away. I am impressed with the selection of blocks that have been included and haven't required any functionality so far that there wasn't either a block for or a could make a simple sub-flow for. The strategy editor, which is used to decide how to identify the GUI elements being manipulated, is really really clever!

Cons

The debugging functionality needs to be improved. When running complicated flows with mutiple sub-flows inside, when a bug occurs it is difficult to dig down into the sub-flow where the problem occured, and even when you've reached it there is no context specific data on the variables feeding into or out of the trouble making block. I don't think that their approach to customer support is correct, and I have spent hours spinning my wheels as I carried out long conversations with their support stuff via a chat window on their homepage. Some of the initial steps that are required, like making a test flow to log onto the Leapwork agent server, were not clearly explained.

Reasons for choosing Leapwork

Our testing team didn't have any programmers in it so we would've faced a big hurdle to train everyone up enough to use the other tools, even with their workflow recording options. Leapwork was the correct decision for us.

Jon

Industry: Farming

At times it is not as stable as I would like. But over all it is the easiest solution i have found.

Many I have the ability to rapidly build tests.

Pros

I like the ease of use. I love the ability to create blocks. I like the API it is very user friendly. I like the video in the reports. I love the ability to work remotely on an agent to build tests.

Cons

It has a tendency to crash. In on particular instance an adhoc schedule got stuck running and filled up the HDD. I was forced to restore the server from backup.

Response from Leaptest

We're sorry to hear about your experience with Leaptest crashing. We hope our support were able to help you out, and we're continuously working to improve stability and performance.

Kyle

LEAPWORK Has Helped Us Create Better Software

We are automating the tests for our digital contract platform to make sure our agents in the field always have a reliable software that doesn't have any bugs or issues. We have been able to create tests to cover all of our compliance for each state so that our agents and funeral homes are always 100% compliant with the contracts they create.

Pros

- Ability to create automated tests for a thick client - User friendly views for creating tests from a flowchart - The ability to scheduled tests

Cons

- Scheduled tests couldn't deliver notifications to multiple emails - Email validation was very strict. - Electronic signature image recognition was slow and timed out frequently

Reasons for choosing Leapwork

We were able to figure out how to configure tests in LEAPWORK almost instantly compared to other products we looked at.

Koen

Serious gaming

We use Leapwork to run flows for regression testing whenever a software update is released to test, acceptance or production sites. Also, we use Leapwork to frequently run flows to verify that specific pages, functions or API's remain available. We consider it a challenge to specify which flows we need, rather than how we can create and maintain them ... thanks to Leapwork.

Pros

Leapwork is a visual object oriented tool for creating flows that automate repetitive actions in the operation of software, both for desktop apps and for websites, ideal for testing! No matter how simple or complex the flow, there are actually little restrictions because the set of building blocks is very complete where each block also has a rich set of options to specify its actual behaviour. Better yet, the set may be expanded with custom made reusable subflows as blocks for commonly executed general actions such as logging into an environment or application or opening specific web pages, ensuring that the flows remain easy to understand at each level and easier to maintain. An extensive set of examples makes it very easy to give it a go and when I do then encounter a problem in applying Leapwork, the helpdesk helps me out using a very efficient chat. Flows may be executed interactively on a desktop or laptop or on a server, on BrowserStack or on a Selenium Grid, but also may be scheduled to run automatically at specific moments. Also, these schedules may be started from DevOps or by calling the REST API from e.g. Powershell scripts.

Cons

Leapwork is a very flexible and versatile tool that is fun to use. But when you flip that coin, it turns out it also is easy to make flows that are difficult to maintain. And yes, it takes some self-control not to step into this trap. But then, I made flows for adaptive websites that run on various window sizes and on test, acceptance and production sites ... all in the same flow! The reason why complex flows sometimes are not easy to maintain is because Leapwork has only limited options to execute flows step-by-step. This makes it difficult to pinpoint the exact location in the flows where things go wrong and therefore need some tweaking. The tweaking itself is easy and straightforward, but finding out where and when and why is a challenge. Also, it is not easy to output specific information without the need to go through the complete log that the flow creates.

Ronni

Easy to learn, tough to master, the support is very helpfull, good product

I can allocate my manuel resources for functiuonal testing, and have leaptest take care of regressions testing. I'm able to create automatic tests where I have a static outcome (expected result) everytime

Pros

For the last 8 months I've been using Leaptest, and so far I've not been disapointed, the basic functionalities are easy to use and the ability to create custom buildingblocks and implement my test cases in a 3rd party programs is great (the cases is running up against our Bamboo server) The support is very helpfull and take every request/question I make seriously. I do find bugs in the system, but these are getting fixed quite fast, updates comes regularly. What I like most about it is the fact that its easy to explain to non it workers how it works, this makes it a great tool for automated test, you dont need to understand code to be able to use it.

Cons

A desktop testcase tends to run slow when running it up against my own server. Using Selenium is great, but the same testcase can give different results when I run it up against Chrome, FF and IE , when a bug like this is found, support cant always fix it since they are dependant on a 3rd party program( ex. we must wait for Modzilla to release a new webdriver version) Also that lack of a proper debugging tool when debugging your test is really annoying, ex. when I use custom building blocks within a test case and it fails, I can only see what custom block failed, but not within it the specific location.

Response from Leaptest

Unfortunately, cross-browser testing is often hampered by the application under test which output differs depending on browser. We are launching a new runtime engine, which can execute multiple building blocks in parallel inside each case, and debugging.

Jerry

Tester friendly and easy to use even non-testers. Great value comes from a product like LeapTest.

Lower TCO in Testing department. Able to quickly train up junior members of the team with a cost effective automation tool. Enhance product quality by creating more rapid testing against the product and test more frequently.

Pros

Benefits with the product: - Very easy to use. Able to allow junior team members to begin applying knowledge and skills in an automated environment. - Intuitive. There are blocks for many different applications. - Cost effective. Lowers TCO and overhead. - Effective increase in ROI. With lower TCO, ROI is gained by freeing up person cycles to work on more productive tasks. - Customizable. The product allows for creating unique blocks specific to your user environment. - Good value. The product cost is low compared to the cost of hiring additional bodies that are specifically dedicated to automation. The need to hire in a specific skill arena is diminished greatly with LeapTest. Tester skillsets are still needed but can be more broadly focused in many discipline arenas now.

Cons

Challenges with the product: - Customer care. The team is great but resources are limited. My team is working with a member of the LeapTest team but they are on vacation. This has slowed response time considerably. - Limitations in recognizing text in different applications. One noted example. Putty an application that allows you to connect to Linux systems cannot recognize text that is returned on the putty console. - Certified training. Video training is fine but limited. Being able to have a team member certified adds to team competency when working with others and company partnerships. - Bug tracking integration. Limited integration between different bug trackers.

Response from Leaptest

We're currently working on establishing 24/7 customer support, which will be available soon.

Christian

Great no-coding test automation tool

We test that our main features work as part of our agile development process with LEAPWORK flows running in Development, Staging and Production. We are able to do cross-browser tests to verify that we do have any issues with combinations we do not run ourselves.

Pros

LEAPWORK does not require any coding. The business analysts are doing the test flows without much technical support. We have flows covering new features in progress as soon as the first implementation sprints start. This makes it quick to have good coverage of new feature fast. Additionally we have a good coverage of the browsers our customers use in production. The ability to run with BrowserStack is also a plus.

Cons

The CI integration TeamCity is incomplete and not supported by LEAPWORK directly. The agile development process is not supported too good with the folder structure and move/copy features. Execution speed could be faster - could common blocks be precompiled or similar as they don't change apart from parameters?

Reasons for switching to Leapwork

Developer competences were required for even smaller changes. The time from a new feature was tested manually and deployed to fully automated test was too long.

Mary

March 2022

Good test automation program

The most enjoyable part of my job was automating tests for leapwork. Automation testing is a breeze with this tool because it's so simple to use. This allows you to easily switch between testing a web application and a desktop application while you're still in the middle of them.

Pros

We've been able to scale the solution effectively and without requiring a lot of development expertise thanks to its configurability.

Cons

Without the use of image and text recognition, I want to automate my mobile apps using Browserstack or another mobile lab provider. Value inputs in sub-flows should be able to be sorted like folders in the asset tree, and value inputs should be categorized.

Extremely user-friendly. Very customizable. You can automate just about anything.

Pros

It's very convenient and cost-efficient when we can automate the bottleneck areas of our processes that require a lot of repetition such as product testing or business verification. It's so easy to use because of the flowchart-based method that even those in our team without a technical/specialist knowledge of coding can build cases and execute them with just the click of a button. Leapwork allows for highly customizable building blocks with virtually no limits on architecture, protocol, application type or age. This makes it so exciting because the possibilities for its applications are limitless.

Cons

I used to occasionally find bugs in the system, but they have been becoming fewer and fewer with each regular software update from the developers. Their CS is just incredible.

Rick

Leaptest is a lot of fun and is great for those who like a bit of creativity in their test suites

I automated my entire regression test, which we do once monthly. That saved me about three days worth of testing time that was wasted on processing things. Now all I have to do is look at the results and do real test analysis, instead of wasting time pressing buttons.

Pros

Leaptest is infinitely customizable. I've made large scale product automations, process automations, and small scale validations, and for each there is a functionality. I try every day to reach the edge of customizability, and as far as testing tactics and creativity goes, haven't found it yet.

Cons

Integrating Leaptest into our system has been a bit of a hassle. For an independent tester this is no problem, but if you want your tests to be used by other users on a network you're going to have to sit with some security and network experts and figure out how to keep the connection to Leatest alive on a virtual or shared space. We're still working out the kinks on our side, with a lot of great help form the folks at LT

Response from Leaptest

Thank you very much for your support. Major improvements of the handling and structuring of large flows are coming in Q2 2018, including capabilities for collaboration, revision history, and governance.

Marie

LeapTest is the best truly code-free UI testing tool I have ever used.

I am a software tester with no programming skills. LeapTest is very simple to use and not once have I had to ask a programmer for assistance. Our software moves documents from a web app to a document management system. I need ensure the documents in each system are identical as well as test UI functionality of the web app. LeapTest handles both. The image recognition feature is fantastic and I can use the same tool to create automated test cases for functionality testing. In the past, I have always needed 2 tools. First a record and play tool to create a script to test the UI and then use a document compare tool to test the output. LeapTest does it all.

Pros

No coding skills needed. Never pull a programmer away from their task to help the tester. Selenium feature is nice, but I actually love the superb image recognition feature. I need to compare documents-every character, color shade, etc. There are a lot of image recognition tools out there, but none that can double as an automated testing tool.

Cons

Response from Leaptest

We're currently improving our release pipeline, including release notifications and a more predictable release pattern.

Annelise

Great tool for someone without knowledge of coding/programming (like me!).

Pros

Very easy to get started with this tool, even without any previous instruction. The e-learning videos and Q&A section are very good and helped me a long way. It is very easy to create new test cases, edit existing ones and set up scheduled test runs. Customer service is very, very good! If I submitted a question via the chat function, I received an answer almost immediately and any problem I have reported has always been solved to my satisfaction.

Cons

Experienced too many situations where my scheduled test runs failed without any obvious reason. If I then ran the same test manually, it passed without any problems. Also, if I log on Leaptest from another pc than my own, I can't see my test cases etc.

Response from Leaptest

We're currently working on significant overhauls of the user interface, which will make it easier to follow what's going on in the cases.

Thomas

Test Automation made easy

The primary goal is automated regressiontesting - robotics testing and in the future autotest in the build and release test.

Pros

Working with Leapwork is - in all my experience - on of the easiest tools to learn and handle in the test automation process. Having a "new tester" up and running in under a day tells the best story! Leapwork supports and listen to the customers in a direct manor.

Claes