Browse Ranorex Studio Reviews

Deepakkumar N. from GE Transportation

Ranorex: Easy and Powerful Software Automation Tool

Our organization works on a legacy desktop project using some relatively old Java Elements for its front-end design combined with C++ backend using CORBA calls. Some of the GUI objects are relatively new. So our project has a mix of legacy / old Java objects [swanky toolbars] / new Java objects and c++ for backend. Overall, the learning curve for the Ranorex Automation Tool was not steep. I genuinely enjoy the coding and designing part for the project using this powerful tool as a senior architect for the project. My Genuine Advice: Before purchasing, please use the free version of the tool and try building up an object repository for the system under test which can give you the confidence whether this tool is right for your project or not.

Pros

[My Organization got 20+ licenses for Ranorex after trying it out for 30+ days for free - I am neither related to Ranorex nor is this a paid review] Pros: 1. The tool is comparatively easy to learn [Compared to QTP-UFT]. 2. There is amazing support available from Ranorex - This was possible because of the 20+ licenses purchased and Ranorex Representatives coming in to solve our specific queries. 3. The tool is powerful in the sense that it can help recognize and work with / take care of blinking objects / tooltips which disappear quickly / dynamic object which are difficult to recognize from automation perspective. 4. I like the idea that the tool gives you the power to start easy [simple recordings] and then you can take charge [for more complicated stuff - to harden the solutions] by designing User Code Methods / Modules.

Cons

1. The tool is not cheap. [But worth the money spent] 2. Every-time you need to execute your code / automation recording, the whole solution needs to be re-built which takes time and is annoying. 3. Using the GitHub tool along with Ranorex for maintaining the code from various developers / maintaining versions and releases can be tricky and needs a little practice and patience.

Katarzyna from Printbox

Industry: Photography

The best tool for mobile testing automation

As I described above - Ranorex is highly useful for creating and executing stable mobile tests on our devices (Android, iOS). In future we plan to use this tool for web automation, too.

Pros

Complexity. The tool is proffesional (we have been used free Katalon Studio earlier which was buggy). It is very useful for mobile testing automation for our Android nad iOS apps. Tests are stable and easy to maintain.

Cons

Unfortunately - the costs. This tools isn't cheap. Also, Ranorex because of its complexity, it is not easy to at the first glance. You need some training and time to learn how to prepare tests.

Reasons for Switching to Ranorex Studio

Katalon Studio, even though it was free, was taking a lot of time to debug.

Richard from Balfour Beatty

Rough around the edges but very powerful

Positive - while it may not be the easiest to use, it is one of the most versatile and powerful automation packages out there.

Pros

Ranorex can be used by those with no knowledge of code through recording modules, and 99% of the time this is all that is required. In addition it allows code modules to be written and run by those experienced in C#, and this means that almost anything is possible to automate.

Cons

The software is finicky and difficult to use and understand; it can sometimes be frustrating. I would recommend using it on a powerful PC with lots of RAM as the Ranorex Studio and Spy software can sometime freeze on weaker PCs.

Reasons for Choosing Ranorex Studio

Ranorex seems the most versatile solution as it can be used by coders and non-coders alike. Also the customer support and online Webinars are helpful for continued learning of it's features.

Pavel from Descartes Systems Group

Ranorex rocks!

Pros

What I really like about Ranorex is its wide coverage of technologies, relative easy to learn and use UI, pretty robust and reliable element recognition and very helpful and responsive support. In fact, their proactive and friendly support was one of the major decision points for me. I'm working with Ranorex since 2012 and so far, I was always able to achieve my goals (automating mainly desktop and web-based apps).

Cons

Unfortunately, I really don't like Ranorex API documentation. While the general Ranorex user guide is great both for novice and advanced users, advanced coders may find Ranorex API documentation pretty inadequate and lacking samples. Luckily, Ranorex user forum is already filled with tons of use cases and code examples. Still, Ranorex API documentation really needs an overhaul.

Tim from New Directions Behavioral Health

Meeting all of our automation needs

Ranorex has helped our small staff, with limited resources, develop a large series of regression suites that test our software weekly. It has become an invaluable tool for us, and something we are continually finding new ways to incorporate. They have great customer service, and are continually updating and adding useful features.

Pros

Ranorex is an affordable alternative that is easy to get up and running. We use it for testing our web solutions, and in-house software. You can do most things without knowing a lot of code, but it is robust enough that, for someone with coding experience, the possibilities are pretty limitless.

Cons

While customer support is exceptional, there is a smaller user base, so finding solutions in the community can sometimes be more difficult. This isn't a fault of the software, but a limitation all the same.

BG from Open Text

Ranorex user since 2.3

I use Ranorex to automate our software suite that spans many windows and web applications. It's great to be able to use one framework to automate all of our software and not have to split it up between web and desktop.

Pros

Works with many technologies. I use it for web and windows. What I like the most about it is the Visual Studio integration, where I just reference the dll's in my own solution.

Cons

As a whole, I like Ranorex a lot but if I had to complain about something, it would be that occasionally (once a month) during my automation executions, I have element identification issues and/or crashing Thread.Abort issues. Both are very hard to reproduce manually and I pretty much gave up on them. I will note I use the Visual Studio integration.

Martin from Starkey Hearing Technologies

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Ranorex lives up to the hype!

My overall experience has been great with a few hiccups that have always been promptly resolved. For our team, we have a broad range of test cases that we automate on various platforms, web, mobile, and desktop. Using Ranorex, we have been able to integrate our automation seamlessly into our testing environment and we have covered a lot of tests that have saved us time and money. Great experience and once you have the tool under control and some coding experience with C#, the possibilities are endless.

Pros

Its flexible and allows for end to end cross platform automation solutions. I really like that I can use my own code to automate features that I need more control over. So far, whenever I have hit a problem the support team has worked with me to resolve the issue.

Cons

I wish there were a full dark mode. I also hope that mobile automation capabilities are expanded in the future as more software moves to mobile platforms.

Teme from GE Transportation

Great Automation Tool

Ranorex is great for testing UI applications, the other options I have seen(UFT) are not as good as Ranorex. When it comes to web applications, Selenium is king. For UI Ranorex is great.

Pros

I've been working with Ranorex for the last 2 years. Its a pretty good automation tool with great features. The data binding framework is great. The reporting features are great.

Cons

Git issues. Ranorex has a hard time merging repositories and test suites. They recently came out with a git merge tool but its not perfect, there are still issues when merging. Another con, which may be seen as a pro for some, is the fact that it requires little coding. This is a con for developers who want to retain their skills.

Vijayakumar from FORD Motor Company

Desktop Application Testing Automation

Automated Desktop Application Testing by creating more robust test suite in a single mahchine which then can be replayed on all our 70 test machines in combination with difffreent HW model (like, Dekstop, Laptop, Workstation, Tab) and different OS Language (like Chinese, French..).

Pros

A non-programer can easily convert a recorded step into User Code Method where he/she can use any conditional statement and customize the default result with addittional info.

Cons

Reporitng & Reporing Levels can be improved by adding Table formats and more supported formats like Excel.

David from Canfield Scientific

Industry: Biotechnology

One years experience with Ranorex

Overall great experience. I had not heard about Ranorex until I started my new position. It has good support for many technologies.

Pros

Ranorex does exactly what I need it to do. Having c# as the programming language has made it possible for us to integrate Ranorex with our own test automation framework. I have successfully used Ranorex to primarily test Qt, WPF, and Html. Ranorex Magic Merger for git has been superb. Saved me a lot of time trying to merge large XML files.

Cons

Lack of support for newer versions of c#

Richard from BT

Quick and easy to use

Used for regression testing common business process; automating repetitive tasks e.g. password validation; cross browser testing. But licences expensive. Would stick with Selenium if you already have framework in place. Ranorex would be useful if starting from scratch as much faster to build tests than Selenium especially if your web site is built on iframes.

Pros

Test suites can be put together vey quickly using record feature and organised logically using smart folders. Ranorex Spy very useful for creating paths to elements. Easy to add additional code and Ranorex helpers provided for common procedures. White List feature can be used to only include the required processes which avoids interruptions during playback. Ranorex Agents can be installed in remote machines for parallel running (need runtime licence for each active Agent). New features and improvements being added all the time. I have only used the web testing part so far so cannot comment on mobile or desktop support.

Cons

Integrates with Selenium but the number of parallel tests is restricted to the number of Ranorex licences you have which excludes one of the main features of Selenium. No graphic representation of modules and workflow as exists in other products e.g. HP UFT. Does crash occasionally.during record sessions apparently due to McAfee. User Guide could have more detail.

Abdul from First American (India) Pvt Ltd

Ranorex The Best Automation Tool You Can Ever Find in The Globe

> Automation of 15 Projects + Other Day to Day to Utility Automation Support for any project needs is carried out by us during the period of time > We have purchased as many as many licenses having trust over the Ranorex. > The upgrade part of Ranorex is the most attractive thing to go for Ranorex.

Pros

> Ranorex is the best software that can be found to Automate any legacy application in the market > Ranorex is the worth buying an option for any IT company planning for Automation > Ranorex support is one of the best i have every witnessed when it comes to After Purchase Support > I have used many number of Automation Tools in my entire career and found the best to be Ranorex > I have recommended Ranorex to many number of people about its advantages over other tools > Ranorex has a variety of options available which are good to be utilized throughout any sort of need which you might have. > Overall Ranorex has more no of Pros which can be found once we start using this tool > Their support to Evolving Software Industry is tremendous and Enormous amount of benefits lie withing the package.

Cons

> Best Software always doesn't have any Cons.

About Usability and Reporting in Ranorex

I work for Siemens Healthcare and we have been using the software from few years now and it has really helped us reduce the manual effort without spending too much time discovering about the tool. Unlike Selenium where in from A to Z you need to configure everything starting from Framework till Reporting. But Ranorex is comparatively a user friendly tool if the company/person can afford it.

Pros

-The framework is available ,any person not having too much knowledge about Automation can easily get started using the tool. -The tool provides Reporting capability which is the biggest plus as after the tests are performed if we cannot report the results then the tool is of no use. -More over the record and play back facility to a large extent provides support for a person to understand the flow of code.

Cons

The biggest drawback is that there is very less support available online apart from the Ranorex community. For automating basic things its fine,but when it comes to automating specific controls and applications it gets difficult to get help in automation. And not many people/companies work on this software as compared to Selenium because of the cost factor.

Ranorex, a great tool for web application automation

My overall experience with this tool has been great. Setting up an automation framework using any of the freeware tools like Selenium is a very tedious task as compared to Ranorex which makes your job simple by providing it's inbuilt automation framework .

Pros

Pros: 1. Provides great automation framework to test web/mobile application. 2. Ranorex studio is an easy to use IDE, very similar to Visual studio. 3. Reporting feature are great, user gets a graphical report in HTML format. 4. Floating license allows multi user access. 5. Ranorex is an easy to use automation tool, which any user with less coding knowledge can learn easily.

Cons

Cons: What did you like least about this software? 1. Not compatible with Flash/Flex Framework 2. Not much content on internet to learn about this tool.

Capable and Flexible

Overall, Ranorex provided my team with a great start. We plan to code around Ranorex in the future as the license agreement isn't flexible enough to provide the volume we require for a reasonable price. If you don't intend to run more than 50-100 parallel tests, and you have skilled developers to code the tests, then Ranorex is a fine solution.

Pros

Ranorex provides a flexible base for any automation effort. The record and play features provide just enough functionality to get a team going; while the code module functionality provides the ability to create efficient and robust automation.

Cons

In order to execute tests in parallel, we had to develop a VM farm and controller system. There are many solutions in the open ware market to handle this and could be offered as part of the Ranorex system.

Superb Ranorex

I am super happy to be a user of this tool, as I mentioned it is life changes for me to learn this tool and make my job in a better shape and love to work in.

Pros

Control Identification, its super easy, and it has made my job easy. I have self learned this took and got a better job what I was doing earlier, so its super easy to learn if someone really wanted to learn. I would highly recommend this to be used because it superb. Happy to use this tool, we are using this from 4.x and now we are on 6.2 .

Cons

some IE elements are not identified individually, gives a challenge to re-think on RxPath, which is taken as a learning for us too, and the ranorex forum gives answers for our quarries to support.

Erik from Sogeti

Test automation made possible for complicated applications.

As a test automation specialist I needed to automate a piece of software that was written in 5 different programming language. With the Ranorex Studio and Spy I was able to automate full system tests of the application.

Pros

You can use C# to script your tests. This way you can make generic methods to be able to test something by using a model of the application. Ranorex is powerful enough to be able to find almost anything on the screen using a mix of the RanoreXPath and finding an image on the screen.

Cons

In-depth information is hard to find. The forum has a lot of information, but most questions that I have are not answered. Also I needed to figure out a lot of things myself, since the information on the website is just explaining the happy flow about how it should work and finding a small detail that I want to configure is mentioned there somewhere.

Sanjay Kumar from Siemens Technology India

Test automation toll Ranotex - Improve development time and reduce maintenance efforts.

We have above 1000 automated tests... 1. Help in daily regression and early defect identification 2. Reduced manual efforts in formal test execution by 30% and we are planning to have 60 to 80% formal automated tests. 3. Ranorex tooling helped us to improved our test development time and reduced maintenance time.

Pros

Better object recognition, structured recording, Test parameterization, reusable modules and customize reporting, faster debugging and fixing test issue using Ranorex studio by disabling other modules functions of the same tests from UI -no need to run full test again and again for debugging.

Cons

asynchronous popup handler - some time mess up report.

OneTool4All

Excellent tool every feature of this tool is valuable and i like the user poll for feature to be built. I like the forum as i get most of my answers from the public forum.

Pros

Broad coverage of technologies and ease of using this tool and integration with all new source control systems and broader api coverage for multiple platforms. This tool has replaced all existing UI tools in my organization because of its richness in features.

Cons

I wish this tool can provide or connect to cloud infrastructure to automatically run tests on schedule times as integration with different cloud platforms is a painful process for engineers to deal with

Filip from Playtech BGT Sports

Solid framework for GUI testing

In general I like working with Ranorex quite much, as it is in general easy to use and easy to integrate via the API into your own project. The support is excellent and updates are frequent enough, but not obnoxiously often. I strongly recommend it!

Pros

I like the fact that it offers a very good API, with which one can write his own software to use the Ranorex testing capabilities. The studio itself is very good too, though our needs are not entirely met (internal reasons), which is why the API came in very handy.

Cons

Sometimes it has troubles with certain browsers and recognizing them, even with the appropriate plugins (firefox), though all problems were solvable in the end. The API documentation is hard to find and could be improved.

Best automation tools

I'm using Ranorex for several years and It's clearly the best automation tools available. I'm using Ranorex for Web page ,home applications and mobile application. Once the module are set, any user can build a test like we build a lego project.

Pros

Really good mapping systems to identity control. Can be use for applications and Web control. Don't need to be a professional programers to use the tools.

Cons

The record system is sometime limited. We need to manually code some validation. The datasource binding is powerful but some adjustment may be needed.

MATTHEW from BST Global

Ranorex is easy to use, easy to learn, powerful IDE, and a great value.

We have several Ranorex solutions and share common libraries between them. This allows us to reuse modules and allows us to cover a lot of regression testing quickly.

Pros

The IDE makes it easy to write console apps, class files, methods, custom code, etc.

Cons

The WPF recognition technology was recently improved. But pre-existing objects in the repository that were captured using the older WPF technology cannot be converted. It would be a huge effort to create a new repository. Not having a conversion process is what I like least.

Jeff from DialAmerica Marketing

Beginner or Experienced - This Will Work for You

I was trying to get the testing function started within my development department. Ranorex helped me get testing up and running very quickly. The reports that it generated are very helpful for management to see what I am testing and how the tests went.

Pros

I have tried several automated testing suites and Ranorex Studio has the best object recognition that I have found. The repository is easily manipulated so that you can make any adjustments that are needed. Also, the support is top notch. I have always gotten an answer in a very timely manner. They were always willing to go the extra mile when I did not understand something.

Cons

The documentation. Let me clarify - I am old school and really like having the option for printed documentation. Recently, they went to online documentation and I just don't like it as much.

Ashok from SkyTesters

Scripting is fast. ROI is very good. Reporting is awesome

Increase the efficiency of the team. ROI is very high

Pros

1 Easy to use. Even a manual tester can understand it very easily 2 Scripting is fast and maintenance effort for scripting is minimal 3 With one tool you can automate Web, Desktop, Mobile Apps, API 4 Provide multiple type format 5 Customer support is awesome

Cons

It requires active desktop to execute the scripts. You cann't run the scripts in headless mode. When scripts are executing you cann't work on your system

Kulwinder from HTW

Good Automation Tool

Pros

Ranorex provide the vast variety of automation capabilities. By using one tool, we can automate Mobile, Web and Desktop.

Cons

It should have feature to build automatic framework for web applications. Moreover, Ranorex is still behind with BDD framework. Even, with the current version, it is not well defined the BDD statements. I would really recommend to fully built the BDD framework capability in Ranorex.

Boris from IT Services

Ranorex for C#

Pros

We are using RR for testing our program in C# WPF. Software is really easy to use, intuitive UI and you can enhance testing writing C# code modules (similar to programming in VS). Customer Support is really fast.

Cons

When project is big (when project has a lot of test cases - ca. 500++ test cases), program gets slower while editing. At runtime, it runs at normal speed. It is a good thing then to divide a project. When using special components in C# program (such as DevExpress) then RR has some troubles but usually are solved by the help of support.

Levi from Satec

Ranorex is a great automation tool

We use Ranorex for testing the family of embedded devices via our management GUI. the automation enables us to implement multiple and thorough tests that is impossible to perform manually since tremendous number of features and setting permutations. Ranorex was the best platform for us on the automation tools market.

Pros

C# based, building block structured, a lot of integrations with 3rd party tools, great technical forums, prompt right-to-the-point technical support, listening to the customer voice, working on documentation improvement, convenient development environment.

Cons

Poor Runner capabilities and difficulty to stop/pause its running, performance should be improved, documentation and examples should be improved

Fergal from Celtic Testing

Excellent automated software testing tool.

Pros

Ranorex can be used to effectively create automated tests for desktop, web and mobile apps. The Ranorex tool is user-friendly and their customer support team is most helpful and responsive. Using Ranorex, tests cases can be split into reusable and easily maintained modules improving the efficiency of the software testing project.

Arturo from CommScope

It is a great tool to identify web objects - execut event with it. And offeres options of .NET

Automation of my Test Cases

Pros

Web object recognition and .NET capabilities the most. Also, the flexibility of creating test cases.

Cons

Continues bugs improvements, but sometimes it is really better to receive a patch for improving small detail that affects my application instead of going to the newest version....efffort and time a lot .....

Deepak from SkyTesters-Venture7 Technology Private Ltd.

I have been using Ranorex since 3 years for functional and Mobile automation.

With the help of Ranorex the count of daily test cases scripting is increased. Overall it is a good ROI tool.

Pros

Simplicity and Ease to use are the most important feature. Beside this, finding element through RenorexSpy is an excellent tool.

Cons

The mobile automation setup is a complex process, specially for ios. Instrumentation takes lot of time.

Wesley from Ubisoft

Helped speed up our daily validation

Ranorex has been an incredibly helpful tool. It works seamlessly with our large tool base, saving us time from the most monotonous tests you can imagine. While there have been technical glitches with our primary tool, it has allowed us to save many hours in the day and explore new possibilities to improve our development pipeline.

Pros

What I liked about this software was how it took a 6+ hour process and turned it into a 2-3 hour process. We can run the automated tests while we work on other tasks and it will send in a report once it's done.

Cons

Two things. 1. No dark theme. 2. It runs very poorly with our in-house editor. We get WPF errors often that force us to restart our primary tool.

Jayni from LLamasoft

Ranorex ease of use

Awesome.Very happy to use Ranorex

Pros

Ranorex tool is very easy to use. Ranorex studio similar like Visual Studio, so if you know Visual Studio than you can easily work & do lot more with ranorex. This is the best tool I worked with so far.

Cons

connection to Jira Cloud is little difficult.

Shantanu from YRC Freight

Very Good Automation Tool!

With my personal experience, Ranorex support team is really great. We were facing issues while automating one of the thin client applications at YRC. We explored lot of software including HP UFT, Smartbear TestComplete, but we were unable to track elements for our application. Ranorex engineers developed a new plugin for us which solved our problem and we completed automating that thin client application. It is really good experience working with Ranorex!

Pros

Ranorex is easy to use. Not much learning is needed. And it supports desktop, web as well as mobile platforms which is the best thing. So once you buy Ranorex, you are all set for any kind of automation testing for your organization.

Cons

The one thing they can definitely improve is storing elements repository. Sometimes, while recording/ tracking elements, new elements overrides old ones or attaches to some parent folder which is not appropriate. So, if we use those elements in some other section, the script will fail. And also, they can improve for android automation.

Krishna from Siemens

Best Tool

Pros

The tool is very efficient to use and the execution speed is superb. since I worked on QTP and Ranorex I can see the huge differences in executions speeds.

Cons

when it compared to other tools, the feature "Image based testing"It could be good to improve bit more

Easy entry point for beginners, powerful for advanced users

It really solved two big problems for us - introducing automated testing to an otherwise manual testing QA division, and allowing us to test an application that didn't place *nice* with the Windows environment - that is - allowing easy identification of forms, labels and text within the application. We need something that could record visually.

Pros

What I like most about Ranorex was the entry point for me as a beginner. As I had more experienced people join my team, they really took to the advanced functionality. It's a real all-rounder testing suite.

Cons

I found running it on a VM difficult to setup, but I imagine this is par for the course.

vignesh from Point Perfect Transcription & Technology Services

Industry: Research

Best Automation Testing Tool... BRAVO

Awesome Rapport on the entire project work

Pros

New features are keep on added based on the technology growth also I see whenever I feel issues with identifying the issues the support agents resolve the issue coming live with me and finish/rectify my doubts and issues. I am existing user with QTP, But after Ranorex.. I fell in in love towards with Bravo Team .. Looking further more in future..

Cons

One hard thing is ,Horizontal scrolling of mouse capturing is still a problem with mine lets hope it finishes soon it a Telerik control window.. that's may be the issue.

Good piece of software which is going forward

Pros

The basic functionallity and recording is almost slef explanatory and the rest can easily be learned with the userguide! The devs really work on new features and take a look on request on the user voice page.

Cons

More advanced features like functionality, which we use c# for, are not well documented and can be tricky to wrap self head user guide. The support is unfortunately slow and not super helpful.

Abhijit from State Street

Great Tool for Automation Testing

Nice tool to Use for Automation Testing I use this tool to do UI, Service and DB Automation testing for my Project.

Pros

Ease of Use and Object Recognition through xpath. Freedom to code in either .net or C#.

Cons

Time it takes to Start the Execution can still be optimize.

Matt from Town of Derry NH

Works well for automating regression testing

Pros

The product generally has a simple to use interface to automate tasks linked to a product - we used it with an iOS mobile software, and it linked up easily on a mobile device, found the object identifiers quickly, and was able to integrate directly into our testing process. It did save us time and found regression issues on multiple occasions without us having to manually test and maybe miss the issues.

Cons

It is a bit pricey, but because it doesn't require detailed programming skills, necessarily (though you can enhance it with your own code), it is worth it to us.

Jason from Public Employees Retirement System of Idaho

Ranorex has been fairly easy to learn even without any programming experience.

It has me to setup multiple regression tests to test PERSI's retirement system & website that would take someone months to try & test everything & it is all done in less than 24 hours.

Pros

It was very simple to learn and use, and I have barely scratched the surface as far as what it can do.

Cons

I am not sure at this time, everything that I have been unsure of I have talked to tech support and they have come up with a solution for me.

Ranorex Automation Framework

We are using Ranorex when it was version 5 Now it's been grown to Version 8. we used it for our desktop application Regression.

Pros

Ease to Use Helpful support well written user guide

Cons

Well there is nothing which i could point out

Automation Engineer

IOS native operations are not supported by Ranorex such as Bluetooth On/OFF or fetch the list of Wifi etc.

Pros

Minimum Skills required Supports Web, Mobile and Desktop

Cons

Required License Supports only Windows Environment

Kelsey from self employed

Haven't found the sweet spot

Overall, I'm missing the sweet spot that I have heard others speak about. I'm still in the beginning phases but have had minor issues with standard recording, especially when administrative access is required.

Pros

The integrations and capabilities seem to be great. I've had colleagues use the point and click/recording feature previously and could only say great things.

Cons

Not Mac compatible so it has to be ran on a VM. The performance is slow while recording which makes the data entry a little difficult and requires the steps to be modified. I haven't found the best way to secure passwords, other than variables which are still readable by anyone with access.

Asis from Siemens Healthineers

Great UI automation tool

We are using Ranorex for UI automation for standalone web application and the result is satisfactory.

Pros

1. Easy record and play back feature 2. Object identification for both web UI and standalone application UI 3. language support 4. Portability of test suites

Cons

1. Debugging is difficult in Ranorex 6.2.1 2. Ranorex Spy becomes unresponsive at times

Ashok from SkyTesters

Easy to use and ROI is high

Pros

1. Repository screenshots 2. Single tool works for mobile, web and desktop app

Cons

1. Community support is less. 2. Speed of execution is slow in case of coding part

Sathish from Canadian Auto Association

Ranorex

Pros

Writing Usercode for a functionality is pretty easy and even without the coding language, we can easy structure the code as we want. We can also do multiple validation parts even into the database and into the server.

Cons

As I have just started working on this tool, I didn't notice anything least about this tool.

Stefan from OPEN MIND

Industry: Machinery

Ranorex Studio Review

We test regression tests in a very complex desktop application.

Pros

The good support is realy great. We have a very special desktop software with combined technologies (Qt, ATL and .net and a OpenGL graphic area) and the team is doing its best to get it running.

Cons

You cannot have diverent versions of Ranorex on the same machine.

Julie from Advanced Utility System

Software Quality Assurance

regression testing and spot build smoke testing.

Pros

integrated other tools such as Jira and PostMan

Cons

xpath has been changed if application GUI modified sometime.

Petteri from Noccela

Ranorex Studio Review

Pros

Easy to use and so much features. And supports so many technologies.

Cons

Price could be smaller but Ranorex surely is not the most expensive eather

Ranorex very simple to use

Pros

Usability and stability which makes Ranorex a nice tool to use

Cons

The way to make use of parameters to share data between modules and test cases