Browse Backup Vault Reviews

Grace from Grace Heathfield + Co Ltd

Reliable and simple

The main benefit of using this has been peace of mind - my data is backed up by a professional.

Pros

I like the support of a real person. Set up was really easy. The initial backup took a while but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from BackupVault kept me updated on progress and talked me through everything. Recently my automatic back-up failed to occur. I didn't notice but someone at BackupVault did and I got an email, followed by a phonecall and all the support I needed to get it working again. They also noticed I wasn't backing up all my data - they emailed to check this was what I wanted and not just an error.

Cons

It doesn't work as a cloud drive - this is a backup service, not a drive that you can access like DropBox or similar.

Reasons for Switching to Backup Vault

Concerns about data being stored outside the UK

Response from Blueraq Networks

Replied May 2020

Grace, Thankyou for the review! We pride ourselves on our personal support service so great to hear this works so well for you. As always, anything you need we're here.

Rupert from IT-MK Limited

Backup Vault Simple Off Site Backup

The support I have received from the guys there getting started has been perfect. One of the best support services I have come across. They have helped me get BackupVault running when there have been odd issues here and there. They are all polite, friendly and dedicated.

Pros

The ease of installation and being able to control customers backup sizes means that as soon as they go over their allotment of space I can generate more revenue. I can also closely monitor their backup so that I know it's completed, and it's been done correctly.

Cons

Nothing so far! The system and software have worked faultlessly across all the sites we have put it in at.

Reasons for Choosing Backup Vault

The sales guy had a really great attitude, basically here is what we do, I am here if you need me, no pressure at all. I like that, that's how we work. We just seem to be a good fit.

Reasons for Switching to Backup Vault

I liked the approach of backupvault so I thought we would try, so far it has been the right decision.

Response from Blueraq Networks

Replied May 2020

Hi Rupert, We love helping other businesses thrive so this is fantastic to hear!

RALPH from Eunisure Ltd

Eunisure's use of BackUpVault

BackUPVault has got me out of trouble a few times. In particular, there is one very complicated database which once corrupted. I was able to retrieve the previous night's back up and be up and running with it in no time at all. A very simple, easy procedure to retrieve files or any data making it easy for anyone to deal with.

Pros

It is easy to use. You can choose your own level and choose your costs and how much data you want to back up. Easy to set up and easy to retrieve files. People have often lost or corrupted files whaich can easily be retrieved with this software. It also goes back a long time so if your recent files aren't want you want you can go back further in time to when the file was as you want it.

Cons

To be totally honest there in nothing to dislike about this software

Reasons for Choosing Backup Vault

BackUPVault was chosen because of the simplicity of use. Other products all too often over complicate the set ups and use etc. This is simple and reliable and easy to use. Why complicate things?

Reasons for Switching to Backup Vault

Acronis was less reliable and the system we had entailed using hard drives we had to take home for safety. This is a much more reliable simpler system

Response from Blueraq Networks

Replied May 2020

Hi Ralph, There's been a few close shaves but that's what we're there for! Thanks for the fantastic review.

Alex from Tiger Marketing

It's fast, ultra secure and totally focuses on data protection - unlike some of the 'big players'!

We use BackupVault for our business and we couldn't be more impressed. It's fast, so efficient and has saved us more than once from complete disaster - including when several of our computers were hit by ransomware! The service is second to none, we can literally call at any time of day and someone is at the end of the phone to deal with the call - and they're brilliant to deal with (we had a data emergency once and our tech guy had to get up out of bed and call at 2am - instant answer!). Also, that fact that they don't use questionable US data servers is brilliant (no Patriot Act worries there!) - it's all purely UK data centres, which we greatly appreciate. Highly recommended to all businesses (especially UK-based)

Pros

UK only datacentres - a HUGE deal for us, because it helps ensure our data is 100% GDPR compliant and importantly, not subject to dodgy the US Patriot Act (which most providers are) - It's ultra-fast! - Their InstantData feature is brilliant because it means we can access crucial data without waiting for the whole restore - It just works - with minimal interaction from us - The customer support is insane - they're available by phone and email 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (do they ever sleep?) - We don't feel worried bout ransomware ruining our business anymore... if it happens (which it might), at least we can just restore our previous backup a never pay a thing

Cons

Honestly can't think of a thing - certainly not so far, and we've used them for a few years now!

Response from Blueraq Networks

Replied May 2020

Hi Alex, We're thrilled to have provided protection against ransomware for your business, we look forward to a great continued partnership in the future.

Paul from Sharp-aX Computer Systems Ltd

The ideal backup solution for UK based companies

It's a great company to work with, and we're looking forward to their new offerings to backup Azure and Office 365 with eager anticipation.

Pros

The biggest feature for us is that the servers are UK based, and thus the data is guarenteed to be GDPR compliant and DPA 2018 compliant when (or if!) the UK leaves the EU. The initial setup is straight forward, and for large datasets there's an option to produce a local copy which is fully encrypted and can then be transfered via HDD or USB sticks to a secure postal address. The overall support is first rate, we get response within minutes to the majority of questions, but do you know I can't remember the last time we actually had a problem that needed their input?

Cons

Our biggest issue tends to be customer broadband, and whilst the software has a feature to produce a local backup, it still requires the internet backup to complete first.

Response from Blueraq Networks

Replied May 2020

Hello Paul, Thanks for the review, Unfortunately nothing we can do regarding customer broadband, but great to hear our UK based servers are working well for your business.

Marc from Bailey Solutions

Reliable product and excellent support

Superb from start to finish, I would highly recommend them.

Pros

We just needed a backup software product to sit on our office server and back up our local files every day. BackupVault does this flawlessly. On the one occasion that there was an issue (not their fault I might add - over-zealous anti-virus), the BackupVault support team were extremely prompt and efficient in dealing with it. If you contact them for anything, you can be assured of getting a timely and helpful response. They offer a rare level of customer service that I try and live up to while helping our own customers. The product itself is a doddle to set up and use and it's compliant with all the relevant privacy law, which is important for us.

Cons

It's perhaps not as slick (in terms of interface) as some of the offerings from the big boys. On the other hand, good luck getting the same level of service from them.

Response from Blueraq Networks

Replied May 2020

Marc, Thankyou for taking the time to review us, great to hear all of your files are safe and secure. There will be some updates on our interface soon, stay tuned.

Jennifer from JEH Bookkeeping

Great product and even greater customer support

Processing a large amount of financial information regularly I needed back-up software which was secure but also GDPR compliant. I also needed software which did its job automatically. BackupVault fit the bill on all these areas.

Pros

Ease of setting up and how friendly/supportive the team were.

Cons

Slightly hard to set up but this was easily overcome by the support provided.

Reasons for Choosing Backup Vault

After speaking on the phone with BackupVault their friendliness and knowledge were what made me decide to choose BackupVault but on top of that this was one of the few products out there which was truly GDPR compliant.

Response from Blueraq Networks

Replied May 2020

Hi Jennifer, Brilliant to hear our GDPR compliant service is working well for you! If you need any further support do just let us know.

Thomas from Scorpion Exhausts Ltd

Backup Vault

Previously, we used to back our data up to a portable hard drive and take this offsite every evening. However, with the introduction of GDPR in May 2018, we wanted to ensure that we was complaint. After researching multiple companies - we eventually settled on Backup Vault, due to the features offered within the software, and also because the data centres they use are ISO 27001 accredited. We have now been using their service for over a year, without any issues. Recently, we migrated to virtual servers, and the Backup Vault support team was on hand to help us re configure the software in our new environment

Pros

Easy to setup and configure. Helpful support team

Cons

Couldn't run the latest version on server 2008 R2 which means we missed out on some features, but we've moved to server 2019 now so that's not an issue

Response from Blueraq Networks

Replied May 2020

Hi Thomas, Thanks for the great review, It was great helping the team reconfigure the software for your new environment!

Robert from AIMS

Robust and reassuring product

As I hold substantial volumes of client data, I must have a reliable backup system that does not rely on me to remember to do it. Backup Vault meets that need.

Pros

It is automated and backs up twice per day. It gives great reassurance that key data is not lost. On the rare occasion that a file has been deleted or has had data lost from it, I have been able to retrieve and download the last back-up version online. In view of that, the pricing is reasonable.

Cons

Sometimes the progress messages in the system tray can be annoying.

Response from Blueraq Networks

Replied May 2020

Hello Robert, Thanks for taking the time out to leave a review, if you need any support on adjusting settings do let us know.

Ben from Gingerbread Corner

Great Backup product

Easy to use and 10/10 support.

Pros

Its very reliable, I can just set it up and let it do it's thing.

Cons

Can't think of any, it does what it says it does

Response from Blueraq Networks

Replied May 2020

Hello Ben, Thanks for taking the time out to leave us a review!

Robert from CCO (Int) Ltd

Industry: Executive Office

Excellent Service

Excellent, fast, reliable service and speedy customer support.

Pros

The Backup Vault Service provides our business users with a level of reassurance that in the event of a data loss, our data can be recoverable quickly and easily. I would recommend this to businesses who require this reassurance.

Cons

Nothing - its all positive - runs in the background and is not invasive

Response from Blueraq Networks

Replied May 2020

Hi Robert. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we take pride in reassuring you that your data is secure!

Clare from Pilot Navigation Ltd

Industry: Information Services

Wonderful product and empathetic people

I run a small co, but am treated like a big one if I have any questions. The odd glitch (which is always linked to the network going down, never BackupVault itself) is resolved in record time.

Pros

So easy and intuitive, even for non-tech.

Cons

No cons; I can talk to the founder himself when I need to.

Reasons for Choosing Backup Vault

Can't remember but I do know that the BackupVault servers are located in the UK. This is important because astonishingly, some countries that host servers have no idea of their responsibilities under GDPR and don't care.

Response from Blueraq Networks

Replied May 2020

Hi Clare, Thanks for your kind comments, we're always here should you need any more support.

Zubair from Nether Hall School

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

BackupVault Review

Our experience with BackupVault has been really good and customer service is really good also. If there are any issues or possible issues they are on the case straight away.

Pros

It just works. Once setup you don't need to do anything with it unless you want to add extra folders or directories for it to back up.

Cons

Maybe the interface can be updated a little bit.

Reasons for Choosing Backup Vault

Recommended by a support consultant.

Response from Blueraq Networks

Replied May 2020

Thanks Zubair, there are some new updates coming very soon. Keep your eyes peeled.

Nigel from iNam Concepts

BackupVault has it covered!

Overall the experience has been fantastic, we are looking at adding additional services in the future because we feel so confident that BackupVault have got everything covered.

Pros

The software has reliably backed up the MIS system for the school, the setup was seamless and support from BackupVault has been amazing.

Cons

I can't find any faults, it just works.

Response from Blueraq Networks

Replied May 2020

Hi Nigel, Thanks for leaving us a review, It's fantastic to hear our service is running seamlessly at the school.

Carole from Real Estate

Easy

Great company to do business with, from the first enquiry , to set up to receiving the invoices, all of it has been easy

Pros

I like how I am not interrupted by the backup, it does it's thing without me knowing.

Cons

I have not encountered any problems with this software

Reasons for Switching to Backup Vault

Because Barclays was stopping their backup service

Response from Blueraq Networks

Replied May 2020

Carole, Thankyou for the review, it's been fantastic working with your business and hope we can continue for many years to come.

Tim from Into IT Support

Excellent and very good value

Replacing Acronis as it was too cluncky

Pros

Flexible Cost effective Low network overheads

Cons

Would be good to have a management console to work on MacOS

Reasons for Choosing Backup Vault

Demo went well and ease of use and deployment

Cost and clumsy interface

Response from Blueraq Networks

Replied May 2020

Hi Tim, Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us! We're glad your switchover has been successful. We do now have a management console for Mac, if you would like to give us a call we'll be more than happy to help you set this up.

John from Windhorse Trust Ltd

Excellent product, excellent support

Solving the need for reliable, durable, secure and easy backups. BackupVault meets this need with excellent and prompt customer service

Pros

Once set up it looks after its self, very easy to restore items as needed

Cons

I cannot isolate anything to criticise as it fits our needs at reasonable cost

Response from Blueraq Networks

Replied May 2020

Hello John, Thankyou for leaving a review, do let us know if you need help with anything else.

SANDRA from Construction Services

MY COMMENTS

Good customer services and response within an hour.

Pros

It is easy to read and we have contact . Our back up is based in the UK

Cons

I have not found anything wrong to date. I cannot explain is wrong as I have not found anything

Reasons for Choosing Backup Vault

We received a call and the conversation was very informative and all my questions were answered.

Backup kept failing

Response from Blueraq Networks

Replied May 2020

Hi Sandra, Thankyou, We'll continue to be here for you and your business with our 24/7 customer service!

Gareth from Crosby Intruder Alarms

Industry: Security and Investigations

Great Service

Really pleased that my data is backed up safely to a secure UK based server and is available on hand as and when required.

Pros

Very easy and simple to use. Very easily deployed and setup.

Cons

It can be a little slow at times. But that may be my PC.

Response from Blueraq Networks

Replied May 2020

Hi Gareth, Thanks for your comments, fantastic news that our UK based servers are working well in providing protection for your business. If you would like support regarding the slowness of the app, please do give us a call at any time!

Set it and forget it

We've only been using it a few months but I find that once you schedule your backups its pretty much a set if and forget it kind of deal, which I personally love!

Pros

We were looking for a way to safely store data, Backup Vault offers data encryption which means that our information is safely stored in the cloud, and not only that this software allows us to schedule backups so that we don't forget or miss parts of the data ever.

Cons

There are other less expensive alternatives but I don't find that they work as well.

Response from Blueraq Networks

Replied October 2021

Thank you for your review - we're very pleased you're happy with the results. And you're certainly right there - you get what you pay for! Thanks again.

Fiona from Tybee Ltd

Excellent!

Excellent would highly recommend to anyone who values their data!

Pros

I was very impressed with the speed and efficiency with which my data was restored after my hard drive had a fatal error.

Cons

No cons found so far with this software.

Response from Blueraq Networks

Replied December 2018

Thank you for the review Fiona, much appreciated!

Roger from Prospero Wealth Management Services LLP

File Protection

I have the satisfaction of knowing that my files are protected and I am compliant with FCA requirements

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helped me to set this up - my files are backed up every day at the close of business. I don't do a thing - it automatically backs up. If I have a problem and I've only had one, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] put things straight.

Cons

No cons. It's seamless. I don't have to do anything.

Response from Blueraq Networks

Replied May 2020

Hi Roger, Thanks for leaving such a lovely review, your files are most definitely protected and compliant with FCA requirements!

Edward from MegaStorage

Industry: Warehousing

Easy to Use Back-Up Software

Pros

Easy to use, company set everything up remotely. Works everyday without any further intervention.

Cons

Nothing, it does everything we expected and the back service is excellent.

Response from Blueraq Networks

Replied May 2020

Hi Edward, Hope you are well and staying safe, thanks for taking the time out to leave a review. It's fantastic to hear our setup and leave service works so well for you and your business!