Browse NovaBACKUP Server Reviews

Josh from NTCG Inc.

NovaBackup is a product I depend on everyday to secure my systems and my clients

Pros

It is rock solid dependable. There are very few failed backups unless there is a hardware issue. It supports Windows Server, Exchange, SQL Server, Active Directory and Hyper V. Bare metal restores from a boot CD. Everything you need to protect your small to mid size business servers.

Cons

Not much. Does everything we require.

Reasons for Switching to NovaBACKUP Server

Better product a lower price.

Charles from Independent Compliance & Management Systems Consultant

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Great Simple Backup Software

None

Pros

I like the fact that it quickly and completely backs our PCs up.

Cons

Sometimes it takes very long to complete the backup job.

Reasons for Switching to NovaBACKUP Server

Handy Backup became buggy, did not always complete the job, and took much longer to complete the task.

Willie from Seven D Enterprises

Neutral

Disaster recovery.

Pros

The backup of my system is total and complete.

Cons

It takes a long time to do a complete backup, 12 hours for a home desktop.

Easy, affordable and complete backup solution

I have NovaBackup and HyperV in the same physical server, with jobs to backs up to a NAS. Easy, clean, efficient, Novastor is the best solution in the price range for this type of solutions. If I had a lot of physical machines, each of them with a lot of virtual machines it would lack a good centralized management. If the first is your use case (not much physical machines) it is probably the best solution and the best price you'll find.

Pros

It's easy to use and deploy, in case of disaster it's easy to take backup files to another fresh installation of NovaBackup without having to transfer any configurations. Backup speed normal/good, backup compression normal/good (no deduplication), multiple backup schedule options, good speed to recover from backup (faster than deduplication options from other softwares). GREAT for stand alone solution, good panel for virtual machine backup schedule and management (I have used only HyperV version). Backup files may be easily moved/copied at file level incase of need, no need of "export" or difficult backstage tricks.

Cons

I can't set expiration to individual backups nor retention, ie. in the case of virtual (HyperV) machines backup I can set "keep x backups" but if I want to keep one of them for whatever reason I must copy the files somewhere else before the rule deletes it, would like to have a "retain" button. No deduplication (although that's why it's easy to move the backup files and the restoration is faster). Mostly manual clean up of old backups (insufficient auto rules)

Reasons for Choosing NovaBACKUP Server

Best price/features relation for my use case

Kem from Money Movers Inc.

Small Business Essentials

We have used NovaBackup for quite a while now. The newer versions are faster and more efficient. We are completely replacing another vendors software with NovaBackup on all our servers.

Pros

Scheduled Backup SQL databases with the ability to restore backups onto the recovery server.

Cons

setting up backup jobs and the scheduling is a detached managed function. so If I edit a backup job to change something, and an existing schedule exists, i have to go to schedule to check to see that existence. If I am editing a job and i want to edit the schedule, it is a separate edit

Reasons for Choosing NovaBACKUP Server

price and function

Reasons for Switching to NovaBACKUP Server

initial price and even more so the yearly ongoing price

Donald from BURNEY MCCLELLAN ASSOCIATES PC

Dependable

We are an accounting firm and perform an differential backup daily. This is important for tax return as well as client write-up work.

Pros

I like the fact that I can setup the application to notify me concerning the results of the backup routine every day at a time that reminds me to review the backup results

Cons

It takes more than twelve hours to complete an image backup. I have about 1.1 TB of data.

Reasons for Switching to NovaBACKUP Server

We switched because at the time we were using a tape backup solution and the tape capacity was not adequate and the time to backup was excessive.

Steve from SGEDESIGNSinc

Peace of mind

I originally purchased NovaBackup for my wife's computer. I was using the basic backup software which cam with my external drive (Toshiba). Then my machine was compromised, and I purchased a second license for my computer. This was just before NovaStore offered a special deal for multiple machines, and although I called immediately to request that my second account be integrated with the first account, under the special pricing of the current deal. However, this was declined, and I was disappointed; your customer service could have done me a solid there.

Pros

NovaBACKUP downloaded quickly and installation was simple, with no tweaking required; I set up a backup schedule 1-2-3. And everything ran without a hitch. I've looked at the backup logs, but thankfully, have never needed to use the backups to restore anything...! Just knowing the information is there brings me peace of mind.

Cons

The menus choices during setup could be more obvious regarding image backup.

see above

Patrick from Think Tanks

Industry: Think Tanks

NovaBackup - Keeps my home computers safely backed up

During my IT career at a large insurance company, I knew the critical need to backup data. In my home, I have 3 computers, with many valuable family genealogy photos, and data. So, as an IT retiree, I make certain my home projects are safely backed up. Just last month, my data server computer had a hardware disk crash at home. NovaBackup helped me restore all of my data.

Pros

NovaBackup is a robust backup tool, which is supported by a dependable company. I've been a satisfied customer of this NovaStor company for 18 years. On the few times when I needed help, their teams were prompt at responding directly to my questions.

Cons

One time, while tuning up my home backups, I added a "differential" layer of backups. I learned quickly NOT to mix Differential and Incremental methods for my scheduled backup of a same set of files.

George from Metropolitan management Group

Decent file based backup

Overall a solid product with better than average support. This product would rate much higher by me if the backup was image based and not file based.

Pros

its reliable, does not require significant attention, communicates on success or failure.

Cons

its a file based backup, not image based. Therefore it is slow to process backups and restoring a single file can be painfully slow.

Herman from L H DICKENS & SON, INC.

Industry: Oil & Energy

Great backup software

Pros

I use this to make daily backups to disk and a NVR. It does so flawlessly. I can also do a static image of the server and that makes restoring a server much easier.

Cons

Until recently the static imaging was not available.

Liked nova backup better

Bob from Taysys Software

Fast and Easy

This backup system has save my bacon several times especially when I have crashed a drive.

Pros

The speed at which it recovers files is fast.

Cons

I have missed some backs due to lack of space on the backup drive. You really have to stay on top of the destination drive.

Andrea from Education Management

Back Up Storage

NovaBackUp is a pretty good system that allows you to save and store as much information as you need, for as long as you need.

Pros

I loved how Nova offered you an unlimited supply of backup storage and it allowed you to find documents oh so easily.

Cons

I did not like the price of this software. When I first purchased it I was using a discount code from my job, but then I found out that their were other companies that offered me the same services, with more perks, at a lower price.

Jan from The Signworks

Great backup program

I feel confident that we will not lose our data

Pros

Very user friendly and it works! When setting up new computer systems very easy to restore my backup to the new system

Cons

have only 1 place to enter where you want the backup to copy and name it

gary from AJR Industries, Inc.

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Novabackup Datacenter

For the 4 months that I have been using the software, I have had some problems but when support explained to me what I did wrong it has run smoothly.

Pros

Installing the software with NovaStor techs went smoothly for the free trial period. The software has been easy to use. it was making backups almost immediately after the install. i moved from Yosemite server backup, which was obsoleted, to NovaStor Datacenter. I haven't been disappointed with this software.

Cons

The knowledge book examples could go into more detail

Orestes from Mobile Joe

Excellent storage and backup

When you need to store files and you want to make sure that they stay safe and protected, then this is the software for you!

Pros

The most important feature with this software, is the ability to store and save as many files as I need to and I am able to store them for an extended period of time. From my business receipts to my kids pictures. This software comes in handy for so much.

Cons

There is not anything that I have found at this point that I do not like about this software. I do not use it as much as my wife, but I have yet to hear her complain either.

Scott from Heyman Group

Best backup server software

Setup was easy and support was great.

Pros

User interface is very easy and product is reliable.

Cons

None, we switched from Symantec backup exec and have been very happy.

David from Greatworks, LLC

Industry: Restaurants

Novabackup is easy to use once setup. It is on autopilot!

It backups my data for safekeeping.

Pros

I like the simplicity of the backup interface and once set up, it is on autopilot. It backups my data every night like clockwork. It provides me with reports when errors occur.

Cons

Once the file is saved, you cannot open it in a directory to see what you have saved. My previous backup software allowed me to review my backup files.

December 2011

Linda

December 2011

Highly capable with many extra features

NovaBACKUP is a backup program that we have been using for 8 months now. Users can choose either a backup wizard or manual configuration of setting which I consider very user friendly. For beginners the usage of the Wizard and the definition of the backup sets might be a little bit confusing. But this is something you need to figure out one time and then the usage of the software is easy to manage. There are four different types of backups: Full, Incremental, Differential and "Snap Shot". I think that offering these different types is a very useful feature. One of the advantages that this software offers is the great array of features and options.

Pros

Very reliable program Online website support

Cons

Some of the settings are confusing for beginners

Larry from W. Laurence Wickler, DO

Support

Pros

Excellent and rapid response to questions. When email is not enough the support team is willing to access your computer to help resolve your problems.

Cons

The use of the software seems simple enough if you don't do it just right it is a problem