All DaySmart Salon Reviews

501-1,000 employees

Reviewed September 2021

Comprehensive Platform foe your spa/salon business

PROS

I love that it has a booking calendar for appointments, client management, and POS all in one! Super straight forward for inventory, scheduling, adding employees and clients to the system.

CONS

There are a few areas that could be more user friendly. Overriding and customizing things like packages and gift certificates is a little messy.

Celeste

Day smart

We’ve enjoy the scheduling aspect of this program. However, doing credit card processing through card point has been a nightmare.

PROS

I love the ability to schedule guests, and the information I’m able to store for guests. I like that we can save their credit card information, and the ease with texting and confirmations.

CONS

The credit card processing has been a huge issue from the very beginning, to the point where we’ve considered switching services. I also wish there was a way to click on a guest in the schedule, after the ticket is closed, and see if they have any scheduled appointments. It’s inconvenient to have to go into each guest to check if tHey have scheduled appointments.

Reason for choosing DaySmart Salon

We thought it would be a good fit because we could run credit cards and gift cards, all through the system. As well as people being Able to purchase online gift cards. But that isn’t how it worked out at all. We are very unhappy with everything card processing related to day smart. We have only kept it because of the ease of scheduling, and not wanting to move all our guest info and appointments.

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Salon

We left a Sola studio and needed something formatted for a bigger salon.

Misti

Consumer Services, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2022

I would shop around. Good for those who wish to only do basic things. Kinda expensive for what it is

I have been and will continue to look for another software. It's ok. I do like the customer service. I would give them a 99 out of 100.

PROS

Getting started, free trial, pretty appointment book & lets me change the colors of it. Easy to pop in an appointment. Customizable loyalty program.

CONS

Outdated appearance after you get past the appointment booking, Horrible/outdated email marketing (whole thing is crap), a little bit slow in responsiveness, difficult to locate certain features such as the loyalty program, the mobile app & the desktop view are way different, trying to check someone out on your cell phone while accessing or adding the loyalty is crap, really noticed when working with my business coach & my accountant how off the data is for reports. I get 2 different numbers when trying to pin down the avg ticket. Can't pick dates for reports for the products & product sales section. Reports don't offer enough customization such as I don't want old inactive clients to show up in my reports. It messes up my numbers.

Reason for choosing DaySmart Salon

at the time, features but now these companies have emerged with better features

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Salon

They went up to extremely high price and did not allow you to keep import or export your information.

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Must-have cloud solution for salon management

Overall, this application is a must-have if you run a salon or barbershop.

PROS

- Cloud implementation means no down time as long as there is an internet connection - Browser front end allows employees to work from from anywhere and use their own equipment, and the salon no longer has to own and maintain a server, just inexpensive laptops - The application is extremely flexible, so it can match how you do business - Reporting is comprehensive and useful

CONS

- Because the application is flexible, the administrator will have to do some data entry if not converting from an older version of DaySmart (may not apply to all users) - If DaySmart is not integrated as the merchant services provider, there is an extra step when processing payments (minor issue)

Maggie

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Day Spa having used software for 8 years using desktop version and new to cloud based...

Overall happy with software, would just like to see more capabilities after 8 years with company that fit the needs of day Spa business. We had trialed Meevo during and they had some great features, overall our experience was terrible with them, but some cool features they had were front desk profit focused. As example, pop ups for services notes about service to ask client when booking, service suggestion for similar services when booking one to suggest others. Product recommendation based on past purchases.

PROS

VIP support moreso when we were desktop version and dealing with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was amazing! Many thanks to her! The working and self diagnosis of problems is easy with this system.

CONS

Now being cloud based definitely want to see memberships updated so when a failed payment, you can make the payment and not have to cancel member and restart, have had many issues with that since moving from desktop. Also had to found a work around to let us make membership purchase, to be "until canceled" we have to first click end date then click back to until canceled and then it works. Would like to again see the ability to add a prepaid service on an account like we could in desktop. Would also like to be able to change client name on a ticket as we were able to "change client" on ticket in desktop version. For tickets, it would be helpful to have more edit capability once they are closed, to edit service/professional/payment and change/and do partial refund. For gift cards would like to see ability to auto populate a number. For reporting, sales totals for each employee for a week would love the ability to "copy" a table like desktop version instead of having to download and upload as we utilize Google sheets and not Excel. Online giftcar would love to be able to offer promotions and not have to pay a third party for to offer things like, buy $100 get $25 for free. I've sent quite a few things through to support already to ask for feature requests. One last one off too if my head is for text marketing when making a one time campaign, to send out for last minute opening deal to be able to just send "now" or immediately I stead of having to choose the next hour.

Reason for choosing DaySmart Salon

Overall capabilities, reporting, appointment book, ticket look of these items and ability to edit.

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Salon

We had switched to try cloud based and Daysmart did not have option at that time, we wanted to get away from server computer, needed memberships and wanted online forms.

tiffanie

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Great Software for a Caribbean User

We have been using salon iris for 6 years . I love that the system updateds often they are always adding a new feature which is great for no additional cost. The points reward system given my customers loyal campaign for no additional cost.

PROS

I love the moblie feature for my spa to book appointment using there phones and she there shedule in real time

CONS

I wish as a administrator i could see more detail information using moblie . I wish the credit card functions would work for Caribbean countries so we could do more

Reason for choosing DaySmart Salon

The loyalty loints, moblie app and it features work great for Caribbean customers most software only work for us business

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Salon

The feature didnt fit my needs

Susan

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Great salon software!

As a salon owner I’ve searched for years for the PERFECT software. While there is no one perfect fit, Salon Iris fits the bill for us the closest! We have as many as 25 stylists a day to keep track of. This software makes it so easy to keep track of appointments and what rooms are needed to use. Appointments can be color coded depending on what service it is. Stylists can easily edit and book appointments from their phones or computers. Salon Iris offers amazing extras at no cost! Email receipts are so wonderful and convenient. Standing appointments make it easy to book your regulars for up to a year at a time. They also offer appointment reminders which really cuts down on “no shoes” and cancellations. You can search for availability for those walk ins and call ins. Salon iris is definitely a keeper! We’ve looked at pretty much all of the software out there and this is the BEST I’ve found!

PROS

Easy to use with options of drag and drop appointments, can schedule multiple stylists, can book different rooms for different services, email client receipts, appointment reminders.

CONS

Nothing! It’s been great! I haven’t found anything that I haven’t liked. Been using it for 8 months and am still happy with it.

Reason for choosing DaySmart Salon

The added features were the deal maker. It’s such an easy software to use and there so many bonuses!

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Salon

Our computer was extremely outdated and crashed. We were forced to switch and are glad we did.

Allison

Reviewed June 2020

We love Salon Iris!

Our experience with Salon Iris has been really great, with expanding to multiple stylists it has been very easy transforming to online booking since we do not have a receptionist.

PROS

My team and myself love salon Iris and the features that provides. We most importantly love that it automatically sends out reminders to clients at the time of booking. It also makes it really easy as a owner that I can make appointments from my phone for not just myself that all of my employees.

CONS

While Salon Iris does have most features we like there are a few features that it is missing. For example, we would like to be able to go in and re-send text messages and see what text messages were sent. We would also like the option that if someone is booking a service with multiple people in the salon we would be able to book that all at one time instead of having to go make the appointment separately with each person. Lastly, when checking out it would be nice to have a way to edit the transaction instead of needing to completely void out the transaction if cash is accidentally hit instead of card.

Reason for choosing DaySmart Salon

Price and customer support were big qualifiers for why I chose salon Iris.

Reasons for switching to DaySmart Salon

Timely was not as professional as I would’ve liked it to have been.

Crystal

Retail, 2-10 employees

Good for small business

It’s been a great software to start with and has worked well for my small business. There are small things I would like to see changed but for the most part, it’s been good and is a reasonable price.

PROS

I like the ease of use, it’s pretty easy to navigate around. Lots of helpful reports for the business and very detailed client profiles. The text reminder are great to have as well!

CONS

There are certain features as a stylist that need to be tweaked. One is, for example, If a client comes in and wants to only buy product, you can’t just close it out, it has to have a service with it. Also, there is a limit on the amount of texts per month, and you pay for overages. Seems like we are past those types of charges in this day and age. I would certainly use the marketing more if that wasn’t the case. Very limited customer service if you have a lower end package. That should be there for everyone if you want them to be satisfied.

Reason for choosing DaySmart Salon

Price and simplicity and at the time, there want much out there to choose from.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2021

Enjoyable Experience

Salon Iris just needs a way to transfer and transition companies that want to switch and not just start up, but they have a 5 gold star product on their hands here.

PROS

I loved that this was a totally, completely, 110%, didn't leave anything out, comprehensive plus the kitchen sink software system for running any small business. It covered emails, advertising, websites, payments, scheduling and booking, literally not a stone unturned. This made the process of starting a fledgling company absolute as cohesive and efficient as possible in a rather visually capturing way.

CONS

We ended up not choosing them to use though because of the comprehensiveness and total coverage because it would have been too difficult to integrate their entire system in with the system/s already being used because some had been purchased already and the clinic was already up some running. If we could have switched all our existing data and moved it in to their new system during its initiation, it would have been chosen hands down.

Monica

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Functional Software

PROS

We depend on this software, however it goes down at least once every month and puts us in a bind or charges clients more than once. It good software with lots of features but expensive for booking and POS. We are stuck for 3 years. No on told us the software is connected to the booking and POS.

CONS

You have to use the ELLO cash register system with DaySmart. They are owned by the same company. We were not told that. LOVE the register and booking is very functional.

Reason for choosing DaySmart Salon

I saw DaySmart first and went with it. I would of saved a lot of money if I had waited.

KITWANA

Great Product.

I have been using this software for over seven years now. They have improved greatly over the years and I like that they are constantly upgrading and improving to provide more options and be more user friendly.

PROS

Very user friendly. This software is a life saver. Keeps all stylist calendars organized. It is fully customizable.

CONS

Some of the a la carte items are a bit pricey.

Reason for choosing DaySmart Salon

I just followed my instinct. So far it has done wonders in helping me manage and grow my business.

SUMMER

Hospitality, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2019

I used this product for 3 years

I found the help desk very difficult to deal with. They sell a product worldwide but only provide USA office hours to receive calls. When I sold the business we had to phone them a NUMBER of times to change the owner and credit card details. No matter what we did it defaulted to me. I felt the help desk to be not that helpful. The software is actually too difficult to use for the majority of salon staff. I think if I would have known how difficult it was to use and if I had found a simpler, more easy to use one I would have chosen that one.

PROS

I liked that you could save a lot of data and be able to analyze it later on. Once you get the hang of certain features it was easy to use.. I liked that I could use the app on my phone. This was a useful feature.

CONS

Even at the end of 3 years I don't think I really got a grasp on the actual capabilities of the software... it is actually not easy to use. A lot of the features that I was able to decipher were not logical. Although highly adaptable, there are some aspects that bizarrely are not. Inventory was a disaster. The system was also slow, in terms of just logging a single transaction took time. I really disliked that I could not use the app out of hours as the system needed to be on and connected to the internet to use. I also didn't like that it was that expensive to use the app. The app often froze and needed restarting, it was not as stable as the salon iris software itself.

Reason for choosing DaySmart Salon

Iris comes with a strong promotion, word of mouth. It can also be used abroad, our salon was in Kuwait and we were able to change the settings of the currency to KD and 3 digits after zero. Many pre-made software don't do that. But in this case, we honestly didn't find another as well respected as salon iris.

Jeannette

Gets The Job Done

I appreciate [SENSITIVE CONTENT] on the app management as he will set time aside to speak with me regarding upgrades and improvements and what’s to come. Overall I have used DaySmart because it’s going to be a gas sold to switch but it will happen over time. Unfortunately other companies offer the things DaySmart lacks.

PROS

I enjoy the DaySmart offers cloud user access for the team to see their schedule. Being able to have client profiles helps create consistency with client visits. Working the app is easy to manage and they offer some great features but they could use improvement. They take their customers feedback to build the app.

CONS

DaySmart will have a lot of glitches in the system, and the app version lags running slow or logging out. When they add new features with updates they’re not 100% ready to go and have bugs that require improvements. Their email marketing templates are absolutely the worse. To generic and almost too tacky/old school to use. All other salon softwares are more up to date with their email marketing.

Kathy

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2023

A great product for our salon

This has made our business run so much more smoothly. We seem to have less no shows. The stylist is now involved with their schedule which takes some stress off the front desk.

PROS

The software has made our scheduling so much easier. Stylist can be in control of their own books, checking the receptionist decision and eliminating mistakes. The text reminders are a godsend and the clients love them. The color coding makes it easy to decipher. Double booking works wonderfully.

CONS

We wish future appointments would show up when making an appointment as people forget to tell us to cancel one they already have. You also can't "lie" to a client and tell them their appointment is earlier, for the chronically late clients. When the internet goes down or a glitch with the software, the receptionist loses the ability to work (doesn't happen with paper) but we still have cloud access.

Reason for choosing DaySmart Salon

One of my employees had suggested DaySmart as she had used it at a previous place of employment. It had high reviews and it seemed to offer everything I was looking for.

Antonia

Cosmetics, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2020

Definitely worth it ... Once they work out the kinks.

It's been pretty good. Other than the above issue.

PROS

It is very easy, especially for someone like myself that is not very comfortable with technology. I love that I can input everything from appointments to inventory and everything is kept track of. The website feature is very nice too. Affordable, professional and user friendly, plus the service has been almost perfect.

CONS

Unfortunately when I signed up for Salon Iris I specifically told the gentleman who helped me that all I have to use is my phone and my phone is an Android Galaxy S8+. I was very specific because I had no desire to have to buy anything else for this software to work. Everything was great until I received my free credit card swiper that worked with my phone. Well that was supposed to work with my phone. After 2 different devices they wouldn't work, only to learn that the devices are sometimes temperamental with Android's. Well this was very unfortunate news because as I explained originally that was all I had and I was told it would be absolutely fine. To this day I have not been able to use the credit card device and as of late last week the manual entry also started screwing up. I was informed that they were working out the bugs with Android's so we shall see what happens there. In the mean time I've had to ask my clients to pay cash or check or download venmo which is super embarrassing and unprofessional in my opinion.

Referred by a friend.