Browse Slick for Salon Reviews

Sara from Hair By Sara

Excellent

Very friendly and professional, always available when I needs questions answered or to help sort anything.

Pros

Excellent format, easy to use from my phone. Clients love the 48hr reminder txt. Overall very happy

Cons

Would like to add in an option to take pictures of receipts and invoices for cashing up. Have everything in one place rather than separate apps

Sarah from Cosmetics

Get Slick, Get it now!

Very good. Feedback is always taken on board. Any issues are always resolved or explained very quickly.

Pros

so many features i like, easy to use ( most of the time), great reporting, marketing availability, on line booking, free text reminders, good lay out

Cons

You can't view a week for more than 1 stylist. would love to be able to see 2 or 3 ( yes its crowded) You cant find a free spot without looking at each individual each day. ( an on line booking type function would work well to find the earliest appointment available for that service) It doesn't flag similar clients or duplicates.

Reasons for Switching to Slick for Salon

Cliniko was expensive. And [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] came to see us to demonstrate and talk about Slick and she sold it 100%

Response from Belle Newco

Replied October 2020

Thank you for your ideas Sarah especially around using the online booking tool to find free slots. Regarding duplicates, Slick automatically identifies exact duplicates currently and the marketing system automatically filters out duplicates. We will be expanding the duplicate client filter to pick up lookalike clients soon.

Stephen from SPHD Ltd

Promising, but a way to go

We took slick as a replacement for our previous cloud based software, and while it offers limited functionality, we have had issues with invoicing, appointments, prices being changed with no apparent reason. Let’s see if the long awaited updates solve some of these issues

Pros

The software is simple and straightforward, and clear

Cons

There is a lack of functionality, and updates to increase this do not happen as advertised. We are still awaiting key features, like stoc control and more reporting

Carrie from Parfait visage hair & beauty limited

Slick

Pros

Cost, ease of use, colour coded treatments, reports

Cons

Doesn't work with till receipt. Vouchers cant be added to clients account and when paying by voucher it adds it to the totals making it look like you've taken more. It actually accounts for the voucher amount twice which isn't good for the accounts and I was told to discount the service which then doesn't make the staff total correct

Reasons for Choosing Slick for Salon

Price and at the time it was online help at weekends too (although I have had questions answered at weekends on the chat)

Reasons for Switching to Slick for Salon

Price. I salon kept crashing, could access i salon from home

Response from Belle Newco

Replied October 2020

Thank you for your feedback Carrie. As part of our drive to minimise our environmental impact, we only offer email receipts to cut down on in-salon paper usage. The team will reach out to you to clear up the vouchers. Regarding our support, we do still offer weekend live chat support so if you are stuck at the weekend, please do get in touch as the team are here waiting to help!

Julia from Just Jacks Hair & Beauty

Toe Dipping !

Brilliant have felt help is at hand all times have dip our toes into this technology and love it so much we now do on line bookings! slick guided us through this process at sixty yrs old I feel I can keep up with the younger generation moving the salon forward s is most important. I would recommend Slick everytime.

Pros

The. Reminders for appointments we saw a a fall in no shows straight away. Customers love the reminders.

Cons

At first it kept encouraging us to send messages to get clients that have not been back we didn’t for well over a year but when we did it always created a appointment or two so is worth doing . It updates a lot but these are needed sometimes they are annoying but usually ok

Reasons for Choosing Slick for Salon

The sales staff brilliant friendly took their time didn’t rush us . The price was great too.

Kathy from Kinsellas Hair

Loving using slick so far!

The experience we have had with slick has been great since we first enquired. All the guys have been great and are always there to help. Wish we would of found them earlier!

Pros

Easy to use, amazing customer support. Great functionality. Feels like a family.

Cons

I think Till integration would be amazing. More in depth consultation forms Skin test section ( flags up they haven’t or that they are due for one)

Reasons for Choosing Slick for Salon

Felt like a much better fit and the features where so straight forward

Didn’t like the set up

Response from Belle Newco

Replied February 2021

The consultation forms can be customised and we have recently launched updated templates- the support team will be in touch to show you! Thank you for the comments re skin tests- this is something we have in the pipeline for you!!

Beverley from The Ritual Rooms

Slick salon software

A great value system with the all important text reminders. Great customer service & follow up.

Pros

Great value, easy to use, cloud based so can view & use anywhere. iPad set up nice & compact. Email receipts. Text reminders. Deposit facility without checking the ticket off. Colour coding of treatments. App to input products with barcodes really quick to use.

Cons

View on mobile phone not as good as on iPad or pc.

Reasons for Switching to Slick for Salon

Package including text reminders too expensive & felt ripped of by them when I had computer issues & they would only give me 3 days of my diary even though they could see all of my bookings. Had to buy the updated system in the end even though I’d purchased the system outright in the first place. Cost me a fortune!

Response from Belle Newco

Replied July 2020

Thank you Beverley! Glad to hear you are loving Slick and the customer support!

Shaun from Shaun Slater Gould Hair.

Amazing piece of software, constantly being updated with new great features. Would recommend Slick

I’ve had many issues of not understanding certain aspects of the software, but with the online chat these issues have been resolved promptly by the Slick team. Overall I give Slick software 5 stars and the online team 5 stars

Pros

Ease of use, great editing features. Cloud based

Cons

Most of my issues I had at the beginning has now been addressed with software update’s. Very progressive

Reasons for Switching to Slick for Salon

Cost and and overall experience of my demo day with Slick

Linda from Stringers Hairdressing (Lincoln) Ltd

Slick is an affordable salon booking software that is easy to use & looks good.

Pros

Very easy to use & had plenty of features

Cons

Not easy to go backwards in the calendar

More appealing

Reasons for Switching to Slick for Salon

Phorest became far too expensive

Kerry from Numero Dix Hair Salon

Slick review

Data is amazing. I can tell at the touch of a button how many clients I have, the services they like, the offers I can do etc. I also love the new online booking system. We have gained new clients through this. All the team members are amazing and they only want the best for your business and for you to grow your business. So happy with Slick.

Pros

I can contact them any time, day or night and always get an answer within minutes. Ease of use. Very easy to go from one system to another. All the team are very helpful and don't make you feel as though you are a bother.

Cons

There needs to be a way I can access everyones email addresses to do a full client email shot. Now more than ever I need to keep clients updated on products and services. Can't keep doing text messages as this is not always cost effective. I also need to merge client record details...When a client uses our online booking platform the system creates a new record card. I'd like to be able to merge them together again.

Reasons for Switching to Slick for Salon

Isalon was very expensive and I felt my salon didn't need as many functions. I also had to make a phone call every time something went wrong.

kendra from HairHaus Hair & Beauty

Get slick or get left behind!!

Direct client contact is great using the text messaging service & marketing feature. Running reports for staff to manage their own progress is super simple.

Pros

Slick is the best salon software we have used to date. Its features are super easy to use, client contacting & marketing are so simple. They are evolving all of the time, making the system fool proof.

Cons

Deposits to be taken on selected services rather than all services, our barbers use the system for booking but take their own payments so having deposits on everything makes it too confusing. would love to see a client loyalty scheme intergrated.

Reasons for Switching to Slick for Salon

We were approached by L'Oreal to try it & were unhappy with the system we were using. Their roadmap of features were something we were looking for in a system to help manage all areas of the business

Response from Belle Newco

Replied October 2020

Thank you Kendra and thank you for all the great ideas and input you give which effectively means Slick is built by salons for salons!

Sass from Sass hair & beauty

Slick

Overall I have had no problem with slick. Great communication from the team at slick

Pros

So easy to use by staff and clients. A great system all round.

Cons

I really can’t find anything I don’t like about the product.

Cost

Response from Belle Newco

Replied September 2020

Glad you love the system Sass! We love having you as part of the team

Jason from Jason McClure Hairdressing

My favourite software to use

The customer services slick provide are the best you will find. The team are amazing and great to talk to, they reply to all questions with great time and in my experience at all times of day and night haha. I do appreciate all the hard work they do for us and thank them for making my working day easier to manage with this software. And the software is amazing too everything you may need under one program. If you are wondering about getting slick, just do it! you will never look back nor will you be looking at any other software again.

Pros

This software is amazing. You can do so much with it from making appointments, to keeping track of you income and stock. It is very simple to use. It took me only a few days to get to know the software and after that I never looked back.

Cons

I have to say there is nothing I don’t like about this software, everything I need in a software for my business is all in one place with slick. I’ve been using it for just under a year and i have never been unhappy with the software nor the customer care.

Rosie from Everyone,s Looking Rosie

Slick is amazing

Time management, stock management , ease of use has made my working day simpler and so much more efficient. The support from the team is perfect.

Pros

Slick has changed my hairdressing business so much. I love everything about this product and all at a great affordable price. Really nice looking, simple to use, it has made my life so much easier. The support from the team is always a click away and response time is so fast. Booking appointments is easy. All prices and timings are there so the work is done for you (inc development time). Clients get a receipt which is great as they have a breakdown of all services they are paying for. I love the stock management feature too. The scanning stock in and out is so simple, stocktake now takes moments as it does the calculating for you. The reports section is great, everything in categories makes running my business so easy. I could not live without Slick. Thank you to the Slick team for your continued support. Slick is the best by far.

Cons

I think an email confirmation after making an appointment in the salon would be great. Also consultation forms that are signable by the client. There is nothing I dislike, I just feel the above would make it perfect.

Anna from The Hair Academy

Salon software feedback

Pros

user friendly, updated regularly, because it is online you can log in from anywhere

Cons

Small glitch in the system that does not allow you to only view active stylists need to have a patch test alert before booking colours the client area needs to be more user friendly

Kate from Kate Mitchell Makeup Studio

Fantasic!

Great customer service, really helpful, accommodating to various business needs and offers great support.

Pros

So easy to use with a very clear layout

Cons

Can be very occasional slow to use and load

Reasons for Switching to Slick for Salon

Lots of problems using this software

Amie from So Beauty

Very happy user

Pros

I love how this program takes me to another level of professionalism especially working as a self employed therapist. It allows me to Understand and grow my business. My clients love it as they get their appointment reminders and I’m able to store information to give them the very best ongoing treatment. Whenever I do have questions the slick team answer ASAP every time.

Cons

Would love to have an app to make it more accessible.

Price and ease of use

Paul from Haircutting Club

issues

Very happy with the software generally and glad they accept and listen to feedback.

Pros

very easy to use generally, team very helpful in assisting with problems. updates with new features coming in often. Listen to feedback given.

Cons

Some issues that are pointed out still remain an issue. For example, you cannot edit a booking by removing a service and replacing it with another AND keeping it at the same time. This has been an issue for months and it does seem an important issue to be resolved.

Response from Belle Newco

Replied December 2019

Thanks for flagging Paul. With the latest release, we have now addressed this! Thanks for your feedback to help continue making Slick the most user friendly salon software out there!

Lou from The Hair Shed

Great

Pros

Slick has helped me keep all payments from clients tidy and safe. End of month accounts have been made so much easier. I love the automated text to my clients too. If I have any issues I am on to the live chat and it’s always sorted as quickly as possible.

Cons

I’d like to have a saved bill option but other than that there’s nothing I don’t like.

Hina from Hair solutions

Slick is making life easier

Having a overall great experience using slick

Pros

Easy to sign in and use, navigation is great

Cons

Freezes at times, and I can’t use it offline I.e without internet

Amy from A’s Nails and Beauty

Excellent booking system.

It means that customers get text reminders and I have not had any missed appointments since using slick. The clients love it to as.

Pros

Love this software. Right from the beginning g any questions the customer service team have been brilliant and sorted any problems that I have.

Cons

It would be great if I got a message if a clients cancelled their appointments through the text reminder.

michelle from Diamondblush

Pleasure

Pros

Easy to understand. Very helpful team. They treat you as an individual.

Cons

No a lot. If I missed anything, I could talk to slick as they always want to grow and please.

Reasons for Switching to Slick for Salon

Slick has no contract and are very helpful and understanding that every business is different. Thank you so mych

Response from Belle Newco

Replied July 2020

Thank you Michelle!

Jane from Rubyreds hairdressers

So glad we chose slick!

Super efficient Easy to use Customer services brilliant

Pros

Slick is so easy to use and always there if you happen to find yourself in difficulty!

Cons

Haven’t found anything yet! Have a couple of staff members petrified to use a computer and even they picked it up straight away!

Sam from Grant Ashley Hair & Beauty

Great customer service and easy to use

Pros

Easy to use for multiple services Great for holding clients information Text reminders Patch test information Can use on mobile

Cons

Works on Internet connection sometimes drops out if the connection isn't strong/weather is bad Hard to see the calendar & make changes on a mobile phone view

Kelly from Kelly Ann's Beauty

Exceptional Service

I have had a really positive experience with Slick. Everyone is so friendly and helpful and the software is so easy to use.

Pros

I love the fact you are not left on your own, there is always someone at hand to help.

Cons

Sometimes the software has bugs that need to be fixed. This does not last for long though.

Karine from Christophes Hairdressing & Beauty

Loving Slick!

Like anything new it takes time to learn but once you become efficient and learn all there is to know you will find the system unbeatable.

Pros

Allowing bookings online to stock control Slick brings organisation to the everyday running of the business with ease. Booking online was the best decision we ever made and has allowed us to grow and introduce new clients to our salon effectively with minimum rush by taking deposits on bookings ..will never go back to pencil and paper

Cons

If only there were function to automatically open the till on cash out that would be great.

Jess from gorgeous Hair design ltd

Slick!

The customer service is excellent there is always someone to discuss any queries with!

Pros

Everything it’s brilliant but ease of use is famtastic

Cons

That you can’t send personalised individual text messages

Ella from Carousel hair salon

Fantastic change over

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] was fab very helpful And she’s available if we need any help

Pros

So far so good 1st day using as a team in the salon We love we can all view /edit / change our own columns from home on our phones Seems to make things a lot easier Very professional, we love the reminder Tx messages & confirmation is brilliant.

Cons

Nothing as of yet, everyone seems to have got the hang of it. Practice makes perfect hopefully

Reasons for Choosing Slick for Salon

I liked how slick was designed by a salon so they understand the needs

Sam from Iconic hair design

Great salon software

Great booking feature still could do with some improvements to make things smoother which I’m sure they’ll add eventually with feedback

Pros

Fairly easy to use. Lots of updates and new features. Good customer service

Cons

Can be a little long winded on certain features. Sometimes I have problems with it freezing and due to this it has messed up my bookings either changing the times or putting them in on the wrong date which luckily I noticed at the time however could be disastrous if they went unnoticed

Clarke from Samantha Cusick London

AMAZING TEAM!

Pros

The customer support feature is amazing and very helpful!

Cons

The speed, at times slick can be very slow!

Dayna from Nirvana

Slick review

Our experience with slick was very pleasant. They’re so kind and will help you with anything! Our clients are absolutely loving slick as they now get 48hr text reminders. It’s just so modern and we love it!

Pros

How it’s so efficient and easy to use. We’ve been using slick for 4 months now and we would never use anything other.

Cons

You just have to be very careful when you’re looking at your day and you don’t move an appointment by mistake as it’s very easy to move appointments without realising.

Audrey from Darcys Salon

Excellent

Great system fro booking appointments in salon and from home, great for stock taking and pricing, cutting down on so much time and making all processes so much easier.

Pros

Easy to set up and use, personal and tailored education to system made it a walk in the park.

Cons

Totally sufficient for our salons requirements.

Response from Belle Newco

Replied July 2020

Thank you Audrey for your kind words! Glad to hear the training with Patric was useful and it's helping you save time!

Rob from Rob Hume Hair ltd

Can’t fault slick

Pros

my team and I really enjoy using slick it’s very easy to use and I have found the team very helpful if I have ever run in to any problems (usually it’s me not looking in the right place for something)

Cons

We haven’t found any cons as of yet, if I were to find any it would only be more of a user error,

Tommy from Tommy Boo Ltd

Industry: Capital Markets

Good set up service

Pros

Product easy to use, support fantastic, would highly recommend

Cons

Having a password for only certain stylists to access clients phone numbers and addresses

Response from Belle Newco

Replied July 2020

Thanks for your feedback Tommy. We are indeed looking at options regarding limiting access to client profiles so watch this space!

oskar from oskar pink

easy and simple and we slick

we know the features that we need are coming soon and the team at slick are always on hand to guide us through any issues we have.

Pros

fast and simple, great functions that help to achieve salon targets and make running a salon easier ...

Jade from Halo

Slick

Pros

Easy to use, cuts our time texting clients back and forth. Great system!

Cons

We were getting double bookings at the start but they quickly fixed it

Lesley from Hair Chair Dalgety Bay

Slick for hairsalon

Slick is a lot more simpler than other programs I've used but also a lot cheaper. Basically very easy to use.

Pros

Love the new stock management feature of scanning Barcode. Like that it's cloud based and syncs with personal calendar. Fairly easy to use.

Cons

Doesn't allow for repeat bookings. Stock management app only for Apple. No option to accommodate self-employed stylists that don't checkout through the till, to get reports. Drag-&-drop feature is sometimes difficult. Link to receipt printer with next appointment on would be great.

Jackie from The Scissor Station

The Scissor Station

Really bad set up but staff tried best to get it right & discounted me a little. But more training is needed.

Pros

Easy to use. Free txt reminders. Unlimited columns. Can login off phone. Sync to calendar

Cons

Very Slow. Had trouble with set up. Online booking needs working on. Can’t book with multiple people at once. An app would be great & more training in salon

Response from Belle Newco

Replied December 2019

Hi Jackie. We do offer unlimited training so if you and the team would like more training then i will arrange for the Support team to get in touch with you.

jeff from oneil hair ltd

oneil hair limited

Can't say we are solving business problems. We were with Phorest for many many years. So I found Slick very basic. However I'm getting used to the system . Rebooking a client straight after paying is causing problems for my staff. However the service from the team is very very good. Any questions are answered pretty much immediately.

Pros

the price is very very good. reports care what I need.

Cons

bookings/getting client information/rebooking clients after paying.

Tina from Moda Hairdressing

Simple but cheap

It's free and it looks nice.

Pros

It's a steal and there customer service is bang on, chatting is easy when were busy with clients but like five times I couldnt add any appointments so we keep the paper diary as well.

Cons

Its just a bit basic and you cant do a lot with it I think. customer service told I could do more with it soon so Ill try again later. Its not made my life a lot easier.