All Timely Reviews

Navjot

Excellent Experience

Pros

Easy to schedule & track appointment. You can get a complete overview of your day/week/monthly reports from the dashboard. Been using for internal meetings. You can manage everything for mobile apps.

Cons

Smartphone apps lack in UI & performance.

My daily must have

My go to calendar. Could not live with out it

Pros

Its easy to add appointments from any device. The recurring feature is wonderful to recur appointments. I love that this ties with vend to take payments

Cons

That you have to open up the customer to see the notes. Would love to click on their name and view the notes on a client

Time used: Free Trial

June 2016

Great look, easy to use, poor development

My background in using booking systems: 6 years at my own practice, using Genbook, Vagaro, Booker, MindBody, Timely, and about 15 test drives of other programs. Timely Pros: - Clean - Responsive - POS system is nice - Invoicing is nice - Easy to use backend - Easy to use frontend - my clients loved it - Reports are easy to read, and nice graphs - SMS and email reminders worked great - Inexpensive Timely Cons: - Poor development - new items get the basics, and they do not move forward with improvements on an item until way down the road, or never. Gift certificates are a huge part of the salon and spa industry, let alone a ton of other industries, and what started out to be great, has never once seen a correction to its use. 3, no, 6, no, errr 9 months since the release of their gift certificates (vouchers) and not one correction on its use, not one suggested improvement from the community of Timely users. Why? I can't answer that, though I wish I had an answer. - Community suggestions can take some time to get implemented, or never. Very slow on development. They ask for suggestions, but never a resolve. - Client data doesn't always go in so smoothly (my export revealed a ton more issues than I ever thought I had) - Poor support on add-ons (Xero, Quickbooks). Basically, do it yourself. My wife never could get an answer to some of her questions on why some invoices were never connected. I figured if they allowed the connection they knew something about the other programs... If you need a basic system, then use this. I guess I was lead to believe it would be better sooner than much, much later. If you have a studio, a business where gift certificates mean a lot to your business, fork out some extra money to a much more involved system. Mindbody has it, but extremely poor customer service is hell to work with. Booker, for us, is our answer. It was our first, and now last, as they improved on a lot in 4.5 years.

Great for individual appointments ONLY.

I used this to book individual and group sessions in a gym environment. Have since switched to another system, which works better for group sessions. Sad to move away from the reporting and CRM integration.

Pros

It was pretty easy to use & had a great CRM element and reporting functionality.

Cons

Doesn’t support group session / classes overly well. Support was dropped quietly a couple of months ago.

Darlie

Timely is the first appointment-ware I have used that offers all the services I need :)

Pros

The communication is friendly and personable - updates are regular and the payment system is flawless.

Cons

Sometimes the appointment calendar glitches and separates appointments when they are rescheduled - you just need to double check when you do this :)

Della

November 2022

I only wish the customer support would be honest, forthcoming, and helpful.

I'm looking for a new provider

Pros

Easy for setup and use, for me and my clients they act like a politician!

Cons

Any software PROBLEMS DON'T GET ADDRESSED PROPERLY

Reasons for choosing Timely

Recommended by another spa owner

Moira

Make appointments in a timely fashion!

Pros

Timely is extremely easy and intuitive to use. It allows appointments to be quickly scheduled with the user friendly interface. Timely also allows users to manage packages and inventory. Overall, Timely is a great all in one program to use for any business.

Cons

Timely can make it a little bit difficult to manage a huge list of clients.

July 2016

Realy good app for scheduling in small biz

Easy to use with lots of features at a afordable price. I could set it up for a funtional traing studio with lot of particularities in its business model. And it work nice and easy

Pros

Flexability and parametrizations power

Cons

User scheduling and traslations to others languages could be better!

Denise

Very user friendly

Pros

Timely is very simple and easy to use. There are reminders and other custom features to meet your needs. It helps tremendously!

Cons

Sometimes it can run slow or freeze but I have rarely had this issue. Most times the software runs smooth.

Hardeep

Light weight scheduling solution

Pros

Easy to implement & manage. You can schedule meetings appointments very quickly. The user will receive notification in less than a minute. The dashboard is great for overviewing data.

Cons

Smartphone apps are not up to the mark but serve the purpose.

Jason

Time used: Free Trial

April 2015

Simply brilliant!

Where to start? There are just so many pro's to Timely it will be a struggle to keep this short! We at Body Image Beauty recognise that the appointment book is central to our salons smooth running. We searched endlessly for a solution that would fulfil the needs of operating multiple salons without the cost, technical issues and re-worked solutions we had previously encountered. Our requirements were simple - to have an affordable appointment booking system that all our salons could access simultaneously and include shared treatment list, product list and client list. No more VPN's, Remote Access or screen sharing. Timely met our needs, then mesmerised us with its myriad of features and ease of use. It cannot be emphasise enough just how easy Timely is to use. Our employees only get a half hour introduction to Timely and can be totally familiar with 80% of its features by the end of the day having used it for real. It's easy to find out what Timely can do so the main points will be about what it did for us. We use all the Timely features ' every one of them is useful and will enhance how you manage your business and how you interact with your clients. In real-world terms what Timely gave us was a single unified system utilised by all our salons. Changes to our prices were immediate and everywhere, client's details and history shared between all salons and bookings for one salon can be taken and entered by another salon - or by any employee from anywhere with internet access. As with any system it's not without flaws. The difference with Timely though is twofold: a) They listen to their customers and react swiftly to fix bugs and implement new features, and b) The changes are immediate without the need to install anything. We no longer need to worry about updates or installing software, and because it's `in the cloud' computer hardware or backing up data is no longer a concern ' all I need is a browser. This is the first time we have felt confident that our appointments and client data are secure and backed-up all the time. It would be devastating and catastrophic to lose all that information. After nearly 18 months using Timely we've had 100% access to the system and consistently fast page responses. There was no noticeable drop in performance even after switching to mobile data and the amount used would easily fit within a 1GB monthly plan. I really could just go on and on and on''.

Response from Timely

Thank you for your great review, Jason! We¿re really glad to hear that you and your staff are making such fantastic use of our software. We really appreciate the time you've put in to share your experience with us :-)

Replied April 2015

August 2016

Great System

Usign the timely calendar has made booking clients in much easier, whether in the office or out on the road - plus we have been able to include an online booking system as well.

Pros

Timely allows us to manage our instructors and locations really well. Everything is programmed in so different services that take different amounts of time are all booked in automatically, including breaks and padding time between sessions.

Cons

As yet Timely does not allow me to see all appointments booked for different locations within the calendar software. It compensates by allowing us to export to a google calendar but this is not the ideal way of doing things for me. I want to see all appointments for all staff in one view. However - Timely do listen and have a team who are working to improve things as they go. I have to accept that my situation is unusual and therefore lower on the priority list to provide a solution - but at least I know it is on the radar. As a small business owner I would prefer keeping costs down as much as possible. I would prefer to see an entry level subscription that allows 3-5 staff without an extra monthly charge.

Jacob

Spa Scheduling Software

Overall, I had a good experience with Timely and would be open to using the software again. However, I will most likely be shopping around to find a more effective software and maybe a cheaper one as well.

Pros

I used this software as an employee at a spa that I worked for, for almost 2 years. I had a good experience with Timely and enjoyed most of its features. The most beneficial aspect of Timely is getting notifications about appointments made through Timely. Communication is key for a small business with a number of employees, Timely allowed management to bypass certain communications by utilizing Timely.

Cons

I didn't like all the content, options, and other features Timely offered. It was honestly very overwhelming trying to learn every aspect of Timely. I understand, having options is beneficial, but sometimes being simple is better. I was instructed by management to learn the software inside and out and it took quite a while to wrap my head around all the things Timely did and offered.

Response from Timely

Hi Jacob, Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with Timely. I'm pleased that you enjoyed using our software and that we could help you communicate with your clients more effectively. I can imagine being tasked with learning our whole system could take some time; we try to build features that are really flexible to meet our customer's needs but that can add some complexities. We're always working to make things easier for our users though and have been running some projects to improve and simplify our core user flows. I hope you'll give us another look if you're ever in the market for scheduling software again :)

Replied November 2020

Amber

June 2016

Your Clients Will Love This Software!

I started out signing up with many other companies that offered the 30 day trials that Forb's Magazine selected as there top software companies for online booking systems. Out of all of the systems I had used Timely was by far for the money the easiest to navigate. Another wonderful aspect that I appreciated was when I had a question the tech support was quick at answering all of my questions, along with after adding all of my staff to the booking system they also said they had an easy experience with learning Timely. Our clients whether they are just coming in for there appointments with us or just leaving, we are consistently getting compliments on how easy it was to book there appointments with us online. When our clients are happy we're happy, so thank you Timely for making my job easier.

Pros

How easy it is to navigate for us and our clients. Tech support. Clients Love this system! The email and text confirmations.

Cons

We would really appreciate having individuals staff members be able to set there own times for each service just as the can for there hours. We all don't work at the same pace depending on how experienced we are in our craft so to have everyone working on the same timeline makes it hard for the new stylists coming in.

Matthew

September 2016

A software that truly streamlines business operations

We are a health and wellness business specializing in massage therapy and corrective exercise. We were at one time using a server/client software that served as a scheduling and POS system. The software was expensive annually, had hefty monthly fees for features that should have been included. The features it did have were poorly implemented and pieced together. Customers voiced their concerns and opinions regarding our checkout and scheduling processes. Moving to timely was a move to streamline and create efficiencies. It was also to reduce overhead and hardware maintenance. The move to Timely has brought some great features to both our staff and clients. We've have nothing but positive feedback.

Pros

The simplicity of the user experience is great. Clean UI allows for quick and easy scheduling and checkouts. Clients love the online appointment booking. Paying during the online booking has been a positive experience. Our staff enjoys the mobile remote access and notifications when appointments are booked. We also enjoy the continued support and enhancements being made to deepen the software.

Cons

If there is one feature we could get, it would be an integrated POS. With that said, we currently use Square and it's working fabulously.

Vanessa

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Why isn't everyone doing this?!?!?

Their customer support is amazing, which I have only had to use 2x, they are that good! To have your calendar access anytime anywhere on any device, who wouldnt love it!! And with the ability to send text reminders to our customers phones has cut down on missed appointments drastically! This service is a must for our family owned business. Wouldn't do without it!!

Pros

The price is perfect, and with all that they offer -- Id expect to pay much more. I love the services and accessability of the gettimely calendar. And if theres a problem, they are all over it right away. Cant say enough good things about them!

Cons

I wish that it was also an ap that I could put on my phone and devices, that way I wouldnt have to get onto the internet just to check the calendar, but its pretty perfect as it is. :)

Sophie