• Pros

• "I like how it is easy to use and that they thought of the things that we really need to do our job. It looks good and works. "

• "Pros: ease of use in that the software is cloud-based. It was also relatively easy to implement with approximately 50 users. Good customer support."

• "Easy to gather, audit, and lock down inputs from key contributors. It was also very easy to create multiple versions and scenarios."

• Cons

• "They have an excel add in you can use and I love it. I allows you to use excel to pull data from the system and make your own reports. However, there are sometimes glitches so that's annoying. "

• "Little bit of a learning curve but once you get it, you got it! It's fairly difficult to get set up and get it going but when that's done, it's easy. "

• "Little more expensive then we thought. There are other products out there that are cheaper, but we felt this was the best product for what we are trying to get done."

Browse Adaptive Discovery Reviews

Ben from Kreg Tool Company

September 2016

Great software to project us into the next level of strategic finance.

Overall, Adaptive Insights has been a great software to work with. AI has increased the FP&A departments productivity during month end close and review by multiple days.

Pros

- The software is a cloud based, so you will have access anywhere you have the internet. - No more this worksheet is locked by another user message. - Imports and Exports to/from excel seamlesslyfor those of you that like to work out of excel. - Dashboard capabilities for more real time department metrics and visibility to spend. - Rolling forecasting capabilities that allow us as a company to focus more on the future and less on the past. - Instant Company budget/forecast results. - Audit trailsnever have to worry who, what, or when someone changed a number you budgeted or forecasted. All changes will be tracked. - Company-wide visibility to Personnel and Capex planning that drives the cost of benefits, IT equipment, and supplies.

Cons

- Software enhancements are only every 4 to 5 months. - Levels (Organization Departments) can be restricting to planning across multiple departments - Noting variances in a report can be tricky at times.

Krystyna from ActioNet, Inc.

Adaptive Insights impresses even more than expected

Pros

Our employees were used to working with Excel spreadsheets. We considered such an approach not completely effective, so our choice turned next to Adaptive Insights. There are no restrictions on the size of the documents. This program is synchronized with other applications, including such important for us solutions like SAP and Oracle. We like the high accuracy of the reports we can create on the tools base. It is also important that all data are in one place and dont require much effort for their processing and analysis. Adaptive Insights is a multifunctional tool with a robust and well-thought-out suite of features. This application allows our employees to track finances, budgets, sales, resources, and labor contribution. With its help, our companys managers are also able to collect divergent data, make various kinds of reports, build models, and make optimal business decisions.

Cons

It would be better if Adaptive Insights had an opportunity to filter for specific months while working with spreadsheets. This lack of functionality makes our work a bit confusing sometimes. We wouldnt mind adding more advanced features to the planning tools as well. We believe it would behoove this product if it had several tutorial videos on how to use it to the full extent. Even though we find this tool user-friendly, it doesnt mean at all that it is so for every company.

Jonny from Workfront

Every FP&A Team Needs This Software

All of our budgeting, forecasting, and executive reports come from the data that we keep in Adaptive. We have found Adaptive Insights to be very reliable and a software we can count on for accuracy. This is key in FP&A.

Pros

We use Adaptive every single day and I could go on and on about everything I like, but the number one thing I like is Adaptive OfficeConnect. This is an add-on feature that connects Adaptive and Microsoft Office through the cloud so you can make changes instantly and see the results. This feature alone has been worth the price as it has saved our FP&A team many hours of meaningless work, and has allowed us to spend this extra time doing analysis for the company.

Cons

The basic features of Adaptive are easy to learn; however, the back-end within Adaptive is very complex and if you are new to the software you will spend a lot of time scratching your head. Their support team is useful but I wish there were more free training tutorials instead of having to pay for training.

Reasons for Choosing Adaptive Discovery

Our team had use Adaptive Insights at previous SaaS companies and loved it so we didn't want to change or look for any other options.

Lauren from appneta

Direct Integration with netsuite

Pros

- direct integration with netsuite -ease of use once established -maintains various types of data including personnel information and financial reporting

Cons

- inability to run reporting on one entity (only runs in consolidation) - inability to modify reports without creating a new report - functionality to drill into detail is hit or miss

Ben

September 2016

We are going into our third budget cycle using Adaptive and it has made our process much more efficient. Prior to using Adaptive we played budget ping pong, bouncing spreadsheets back and forth and then once we landed on a final version the Finance team consolidated the numbers. Adaptive is great because you can see the impact of a change to the consolidated budget in real time. This is a great software for the Finance team as well as the budget / business managers.

Pros

There are many great features including: audit trails, notes, role permissions and security, the ability to quickly create versions, great technical support, and its cloud based.

Cons

There is a report builder in Adaptive and its easy to use. However, I do feel like they have focused on making improvements in other areas and the reporting hasnt made as much progress. I do think this is one area that could use some improvements.

Brad from T2 Biosystems

Industry: Biotechnology

Outstanding Planning and Reporting Platform

We plan at a very granular level, and Adaptive's formulas and overall approach to modeling has made this tool a pleasure to work with. Like any new tool, it took our team a little bit of time (~3 months) of getting used to it, but this is simply a tool we can't live without now. In addition to the feature set, the customer support is outstanding. Very responsive to questions and highly knowledgeable on a variety of topics.

Pros

Feature set is very strong. Customer support is among the best in the industry. Highly responsive to detailed technical questions.

Cons

Like any new platform, it took our team a few months after go-live to really utilize the power of the tool, but now it simply a resource that we can't live without.

Robert from Mayo Clinic

March 2016

Adaptive provides meaningful insight into our financial data!

Using Adaptive is a great experience! It's easy to learn, and once you try it, you will love it. I can forecast monthly , quarterly or whenever I like. Because my operational metrics, which drive our revenues and expenses, are also in Adaptive, I feel we get closer to our actual's each month. We have simplified our monthly reporting process from 6 days, to about an hour and a half. That extra time can be used to analyze the data, which is much more rewarding than ticking and tying numbers to a report. Our dashboard is solid and tells a story for our leaders. I love it!

Pros

Ease of use Speed (refreshing and processing) Automatic load of our financial data using a connector Office Connect - an excel add in that allows me to run my financials in an instant Adaptive Insights support personnel are amazing! I get a call back very quickly if I have a problem, and I don't feel like I'm being rushed when I ask other questions

Cons

The sheets, which display our data across time, would be fantastic if I could add a YTD column anywhere I like. I would like to see my sheets display some simple graphs, which would allow me to display trends pictorially while reviewing with my customers.

Andrew from Tapjoy

Strong Tool that Keeps Improving

Pros

I like that adaptive has continued to innovate and improve their product over time. The basic plan option is solid for a SMB, though there are some individual bells and whistles that I would like it to have like Office Connect that require a more expensive membership

Cons

Learning to speak the adaptive "language" is a big barrier to entry from an employee perspective, we become afraid to change the model for fear of breaking it so we aren't leveraging all we have available to us.

Best planning tool I have used!

Pros

I loved the user experience as a whole. The interface feels very modern and as easy to use.

Cons

I wish it had more functionalities to easily do project level budgeting.

Robust and good for forecasting

Forecasting, FP&A, and more.

Pros

Easy to compare different reports to actuals/budgeted/forecasted versions, drill into details, and keep track of other elements of financial planning & analysis. Audit trail shows you who has done what. Functionality within sheets is very useful.

Cons

It's pretty complex, especially when you have to figure out how an employee who arrived before you set it up.

Michael from Circor

Industry: Oil & Energy

Awesome product for a great value. Takes budgeting and forecasting to a new level.

There are several benefits from using this software. The biggest benefit is that once your initial model is built you get stability compared to doing your forecast in spreadsheets. When we used spreadsheets most of our time was spent making sure formulas were correct and that there were no bust in the model. With Adaptive, you have confidence that once you test your formulas you can add/takeaway/and modify data and your calculations will work. The other benefit is that if you have a champion and insist that new data be loaded as soon as possible you always have a good/latest view of what the company expects. By doing this forecasting becomes built into your processes and not the annual/quarterly drag that the organization dislikes. Information is kept in a nice concise format that is easy to read.

Pros

The product if very adaptable. We recently went through a sell process where we were sold by a public company to a private equity firm and back to a public company within a two and half year period. Adaptive was very key to providing the analysis and financial information required for the sell process. While with the private equity firm we changed to a fiscal year but they required us to report both fiscal and calendar year numbers. We also had to push the various EBITDA adjustments back into the financial statements for comparative purposes. I also like the customer service and the fact that Adaptive pushes out a couple of major releases each year to add new functionality requested by the user community.

Best financial tool on the market in my opinion

I use Adaptive as a replacement for excel in some aspects of my job. I mainly use it as month end communication to send out financial status reports pertaining to actuals vs budget vs forecast. Adaptive Discovery is one tool I utilize to aid in visualizing data in multiple ways through the use of graphs, gauges, pie charts, tables, and many more.

Pros

Allows so many different ways to breakdown data. Great customer support. The respond quickly and are very knowledgeable. Easy to manage users with different access levels. Adaptive is always working to enhance or update features. The platform develops continuously, which is great for the large user base. Hosts free webinars every so often. Can be accessed from anywhere as long as you have internet access.

Cons

The learning curve is steep, it takes a lot of time to really get comfortable with the platform. Not a lot of video tutorials. The terminology can be confusing sometimes. Adaptive is open to technical/programming suggestions but often take time to be enacted. You sometimes have to wait for the next release to get the issue resolved.

Nick from Benchmark

Adaptive has created a tool that is easy to use and provides value almost instantly.

Pros

I love the ease of creating a budget and the ability to quickly create a new forecast. Adaptive has created a formula wizard that is similar to excel, which makes it easy for excel based planners to easily adapt. Adaptive also has an excel interface for reporting, OfficeConnect which makes reporting even easier. They have also created an upload feature to easily maintain your hierarchy, dimensions and attributes. For a company as large as ours it makes the maintenance of the system easier. Since Adaptive is Cloud based there is no sharing excel files. I can work with anyone in my organization from anywhere and we are all able to access the same file. Since everything is housed in Adaptive we are able to collaborate easier and make better decisions.

Cons

There is always room for improvement and Adaptive is always listening to its customers. There are some features that make reporting a little clunky, rollups. They recently updated the reporting tool within Adaptive, but it doesn't seem as user friendly as the older version. Hopefully over time it will be easier to use.

Chris from TASC

Flexible and Comprehensive Planning and Reporting

I've been using Adaptive Planning for 4 years and at 2 employers. The software has not only improved the accuracy and accountability of our budgeting, forecasting and reporting, but has saved thousands of hours of time.

Pros

The software is flexible. It can be developed and managed internally or you can work with external experts if needed. I like that the cloud software is continuously improving and developing to meet the needs of its customers. There are new releases every six months that improve its functionality based on customer needs and requests. And more importantly, all updates are done on the cloud so that there is no need for the IT department to get involved.

Cons

There aren't many things specific to the software that I don't like. I would say that the most difficult part about using this software is managing the requests from management so that it doesn't compromise the value of the software.

Claire from Child Care Resource Center

September 2016

Amazing planning software for non-profits!

Implementing Adaptive Insights has made me feel like a kid on Christmas morning. Every new feature or discovered capability is a wonderful gift giving me my time and sanity back. I am the only FP&A for a mid-size company. We had outgrown Excel but had a hard time finding a planning software that could handle the allocations fundamental to non-profit accounting. We found Adaptive Insights and haven't looked back. The sales team is amazing, They are not only no pressure, but extremely helpful. We wanted to make sure our entire management team would be on board with new software. AI sales came out and did a personal demonstration for us and answered all of their questions. They also introduced us to great implementation consultants to help us set the instance up.We just finished our first year of planning in Adaptive and it was easy and user-friendly. I love Adaptive and will use it throughout my career.

Pros

The user-friendly interface, customization, regular updates and wealth of support and information. Reporting is also easy to use and very powerful. One of our main challenges is accurately planning and reporting our allocations. AI makes it easy.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this software but there are a few things to be aware of. Unless you have 2 people exclusively working full time to set up the instance it will take you much longer than you think. Allow yourself a few months to set it up and know that a full, complete roll-out will probably take a full budget cycle.

Rob from Pinnacle Agriculture Holdings

Consistency and savings through use of Adaptive Planning

When I started in my role as Manager of FP&A with an agricultural inputs company, one of my first tasks was to move our planning and forecasting processes away from Excel workbooks. Trying to manage P&L's for 200+ retail locations and departments, combined with nearly 2,000 employees, during a high-growth period proved to be challenging, to say the least. Adaptive Planning has streamlined our planning and forecasting cycles and helped us to standardize metrics, reporting and analysis. Through the use of multiple versions, we have the ability to compare plans, forecasts and actuals across the organization. My only regret related to Adaptive Planning was the timing of our implementation. We started our implementation in late-July and finished in October, which coincided with our annual planning cycle. We survived, but I would not recommend this timeline! Pros: 1) Implementation was relatively quick (even though we implemented during our annual planning cycle). 2) Affordability compared to other SAAS and on-site alternatives. 3) Flexibility allows us to mold portions of the product to our needs. 4) Customer support is excellent and timely. 5) Tool can be maintained by Finance; IT involvement is not required for installation or maintenance. 6) Ongoing product enhancements continue to improve this product. 7) Office Connect allows for creation of templates in Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Updating with current results is a simple refresh button-click. 8) Attributes and dimensions allow for unlimited slicing/dicing of organizational data. Cons: 1) Only a single organization structure is currently available in a single-instance installation. This has caused some headaches, especially in the window of year-end close and progressing into a different organization structure in the new year. We have worked around this issue by utilizing level attributes to view our data in multiple structures. 2) The reporting side of the tool could be improved, including automating linkage to standard distribution/reporting platforms. For example, we use SharePoint for distribution of standard reports, but publishing reports from Adaptive to SharePoint is currently a manual process.

Sam from Accruent

Adaptive Planning Review

Overall we have been pleased with Adaptive Planning. We originally transitioned to Adaptive from excel based reporting due to increasing data allocation requirements. After several months of implementation we were able to start populating our weekly financial reports entirely from data exported from Adaptive. The end result has been a significant decrease in reporting time, even though we now splice our data by more dimensions than we have looked at in the past. This would not have been possible in excel, and we now have more time to analyze our information instead of being stuck in the reporting cycle.

Pros

The best part of the software for me is the ability to quickly create reports based on any selected dimensions, levels, and timeframes. This is something that historically would have taken us a significant amount of time and is now done in minutes.

Cons

My least favorite parts about the software are the difficulty in navigating the data sheets and the inability to lock formulas and values in historical versions while updating formulas going forward. I would love to see greater functionality to search in data sheets by specific columns.

Jonathan from Instructure

Powerful software, makes life easier, business insights more accessible

I have previous experience using Hyperion, Peoplesoft, and Microsoft Excel to create and maintain financial models. As flexible as regular spreadsheets are, it was always hard to get everybody on the same page, referencing the same numbers, using the same version. I have been using Adaptive Planning for about 1.5 years now, with about 1 year as a systems administrator for the product. FP&A has truly become simplified. This tool has saved hours upon hours every month, as well improved accuracy and timeliness of reports. This allows us to function better as a business unit, and make more proactive models and decisions. My one gripe with Adaptive is their customer support. I have had a hard time getting several issues resolved in a timely manner. Nonetheless, I would highly recommend Adaptive to anybody stuck in "spreadsheet land"--there really is a better way.

Pros

One source for all models and reported numbers. Interconnected data makes it easy to see the full effect of any changes, large or small.

Cons

Customer support needs to work on responsiveness.

Robert from Mayo Clinic

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

March 2015

The software will change you life...Seriously!

Pros

This suite of products have changed the way we inform our leadership of the state of our operations each month. We no longer spend days and days preparing dry financials. Now, we are generating useful statements in seconds along with instantaneously seeing that same financial and operational data visualized in Adaptive Discovery in our interactive scorecard. The ease of use, and the level of support are the two greatest things about Adaptive.

Cons

The tools do everything we ask of them, and more. The monthly load of data from our GL and the operational data from other source systems being a manual process is my ultimate least favorite thing. We are implementing the Adaptive Discovery connector so that the data will be loaded in the future at the push of a button. That should take care of it, though. I think if I had to identify my next least favorite thing it's probably the high bar that it sets for all of our other reporting from other systems.

Carrie from SAIT Polytechnic

Improved Reporting

Our Budgeting and Forecast process has significantly improved and can be identified through the additional value added to each of our departments through customized, timely, accurate and flexible reporting. Additionally our Financial Analysts (system end users) have increased their capacity to provide more in-depth timely analysis to the organization and their support department especially with the drill down capabilities and customizing reports.

Pros

The System is easy to use, developer friendly and customizable

Cons

Reporting functionality within the system could be enhanced. We currently use templates created in excel to house formating or additional formulas that are not available in Adaptive but are requried for our reporting.

Gino from PHEMI Systems Corporation

Time Saver

Although it takes some dedicated time and experience to set this product up I would say it is the top time saving piece of software I have ever used. I was able to setup our company plan with limited assistance from Adaptive. The assistance I did receive was top notch and always available with short advance notice. I opted to use a Adaptive consultant and deal with her on the phone. The product has been nothing but a time saver. It pays for itself many times over on a monthly basis. Being a startup I am constantly running new spins and versions of the budget and there is no way I could run as many scenarios using just excel. Days worth of work are reduced to hours. Like I said, it pays for itself many times over. I currently run a static budget and forecast on a monthly basis. I also run a one year rolling forecast that I will easily roll into my 2017 budget at year end. I would not hesitate to recommend this product to any of my fellow finance professionals.

Pros

Easy to run scenarios. Copy the forecast and make changes as necessary. Reporting is a breeze and no problems to do all kinds of variance analysis.

Cons

It's complicated to get up and running. You need a dedicated resource to take the time to learn the product. I would say my biggest issue is the weak help manuals.

Steven from GWSF

Adaptive Planning eval

We use Adaptive Planning as our primary Budgeting and Forecasting system. Many of the functions are intuitive, but requires some time to get comfortable with the many functions that are available. I would not recommend the native reports, as they are difficult to generate quickly and easily without formal training. But their Office Connect add on tool is a nice enhancement to have to generate more custom reporting and also provides some degree of automation once the linked cells are set up properly.

Pros

The software behaves like a specialized version of Excel, however is limited in other areas that requires data to be exported into Excel to analyze more extensively.

Matthew from GK Horizons

August 2016

Easy-to-use, finance owned, superior to Excel. This must be reviewed.

Pros

It is easy-to-use so we don't need any expensive technical people to maintain it. Our management and finance team own the entire solution. It is also very scalable from small organisations to large multinational multi-billion dollar revenue organisations. Scalable in the context of - price, performance, functionality and integration.

Cons

A few months ago I would have said the reliance on Java, but that has now been removed. It's happy days for us Adaptive customers.

Tyler from Ncontracts

Quick results with an intuitive design

This is a very robust software, that allows a strong look into the performance of your Company. The software has changed the way we are able to analyze our business.

Pros

I love the adaptability and ability to gain access to various information. It has allowed much greater access to analyzing our Key Performance Indicators.

Cons

For items that are not uniformly put into our accounting system, there are some workarounds needed to figure out how to display the correct data.

georgeta from Integramed Ameridca

flow and transparency for FP&A

I've been using Adaptive since 2011, and I am fully satisfied with the Adaptive suit. Every year they are improving and developing the suit of services and product. I might be biased but the ease of use of the platform is really what's important for me. The flow and transparency of the data is equally important. I don't think I could be as good as I am when it comes to FP&A and reporting if it wasn't for using Adaptive.

Pros

everything- ease of use

Cons

none

Elizabeth from Hilti

Adaptive Insights Planning Review

We started using AI about a year ago to get away from excel modeling and planning. AI has allowed us to created a driver-based model, implement rolling forecasts, and involve content owners from all departments in the planning process! This tool is awesome! Easy to use, easy to maintain, and the customer support is unparalled!

Pros

User friendly, cheap, good customer support

Cons

Somewhat limited functionality in areas, but they are constantly releasing new updates with added functionality and other improvements

Stephen from NCR

AI Review

This tool enables the user easily develop (with minimal time) a nicely tailored template for what-if and Actual situational planning, forecasting and reporting of a variety of metrics. Project / performance management is assisted greatly through liberal use of intuitive dashboards and analytical tools.

Pros

> Strong, secure environment - clearly developed with an appreciation of how to treat company sensitive data. > Appropriate security levels are easily established and maintained. > Cloud-based connectivity is the only way to go - AI does a nice job of leveraging this platform.

Cons

> Some effort is required for setup as programming keys are built on a one-by-one basis and thus training is essential for the new user. > From an international perspective, the consolidation of multiple currency / FX data needs additional development. > MS Office connectivity is too limited and the user is tempted to use other sw apps where integration is superior to AI architecture.

Alex from beAnalytic

Adaptive Planning the best FP&A platform

We implemented 20 customers using Cognos, Oracle and SAP. Adaptive was a huge discovery for us. Is an amazing solution. The best for all parties is that Adaptive is really administered for Finance people despite other software.

Pros

Ease of use. Thought from Finance to Finance people

Cons

Its not available for on premise environments.

Sean from CDMS

Proactivity over Reactivity

Our initial implementation was rough. Our 3rd party consultant tried to fit our unique companies into their cookie-cutter implementation package and it didn't work out. Since rebuilding on our own, we have a model that works well for our family of companies and we are able to continually improve in conjunction with frequent Adaptive Suite upgrades and continued learning.

Pros

Ease of use, customer service.

Cons

Web reporting

Chris from Kroc Center

Great tool of value!

Pros

User friendly and adaptable. Will help keep you organized and get the job done. Budgeting and forecasting creation was excellent. Helped with a focus on KPI's and benefitted from building dashboard. Great experience with customer service. Very friendly and quick to respond.

Cons

Set up took awhile. Slight learning curve. At times page loading slow. As a netsuite user I have had data integration issues. Adaptive did its job. No other complaints.

February 2016

Chris from TASC (Total Administrative Services Corporation)

Adaptive Planning Has Saved Us Thousands of Hours

Have been using Adaptive Planning since 2012 for two different companies. The software has steadily improved to handle most of the complexities of our business. The user interface is intuitive and the way it integrates actuals from our accounting software with various versions of forecasts and budgets is a huge timesaver. On top of that, data can be easily accessed through reports or an Office add in.

Pros

The best things about Adaptive Planning are its ability to integrate actuals and budgets/forecasts, its reporting capabilities, the fact that it's cloud based, and the ability to create complex financial models to track and report on business in a dynamic fashion.

Cons

The only issue our company has with Adaptive Planning is that our business model is very complex and hard to duplicate in the Adaptive model. That is not Adaptive's fault, but more so in the implementation and due to ever changing and more complex expectations from management.

David from Digicert

Easy collaboration while building out the year's model was key to improving our efficiency.

Faster build and modify time of my model. Easier buy in from contributors to the model because they had access to build their part directly in the system.

Pros

Cons

Struggled a little to get it to connect the way we wanted with our ERP, but that had to do with both sides. Not just Adaptive. It also does take a little time to understand how to build things out.

Mike from Helix Education

Best Planning Tool Period

We chose Adaptive over competitors because it's in the cloud, it's customizable, and the price was right. It has improved every aspect of the FP&A function within our company. Our budgeting cycles are shorter, our data is more reliable, and analysis and reporting are more real time.

Pros

Easy user adoption. Customizable. Reporting is sophisticated but not complicated.

Michael from Finance

Planning and forecasting made easy.

Pros

The ease of creating forecast versions provides a quick way to develop multiple scenarios during the forecasting process.

Cons

The performance, in terms of responsiveness, in rendering of the sheets and reports, is quite slow. Also, setting up model account calculations, is not as easy.

Samuel from Instructure.com

Super fast and easy to use

Pros

I have been in FP&A for for 5 years and have become somewhat versed in different systems and adaptive has been the best. Super fast updates with the ability to create different forecast scenarios.

Cons

Some of its features don't work on Macs, but otherwise nothing to serious here.

Sandy from Mitchell International

Adaptive is a must-have for any FP&A department!

FP&A responsibilities - specifically budgeting and forecasting but also building out models and creating new versions for our analysts to use.

Pros

It has made our budgeting and forecasting process much better. We save so much time with our forecasts, which allow us to spend more time updating them meaningfully every month.

Cons

I would love to see Adaptive connect with Salesforce behind the scenes. At the moment we have to reconcile the variances between the two manually monthly.

October 2014

Andrew from Carson-Dellosa Publishing Group

October 2014

My experience with Adaptive

Adaptive is a great business platform for budgeting, collaboration, and report generation. In my company it is my job to provide managers with useful tools to help with different aspects of business unique to their functional area. The pros of Adaptive: 1) Brings departments together by providing one platform to easily manage and control budgets. 2) Allows for a quicker budgeting process. 3) Different access levels allow top managers to control what different departments can see. 4) Can store years and years of data all of which can be easily accessed. 5) Can be accessed from anywhere in the world with internet connection. 6) Reports can easily be created. Depending on the complexity and type of report, reports can be customized and suited to the needs of the user. Some report types are interactive, different scenarios/results can be presented depending on the user's selections. The cons of Adaptive: 1) It takes a little long to get used to. 2) Creating formulas and rolling them out can be very challenging. (A lot of trial and error) 3) Reading through the tutorials can be time consuming. I wish they had more practice videos. Overall, Adaptive is an awesome business platform. Once you get the hang of it you really begin to enjoy it. It allows you to create so much, the amount of reports that can be generated is endless. Furthermore, you can easily upload data and track budgets. This is a great tool for managers especially those with large budgets and variable costs.

Melanie from Museums and Institutions

Good basic functionality for financial planning & reporting

Pros

Cons

Cons: sometimes pages take too long to load, which is frustrating to users. But otherwise there are few complaints.

Sanchit from Siemens

Adaptive Insights: Forecasting tool true to its name

Adaptive is a much better tool than Excel in handling data as time is not wasted in linking different spreadsheets and validating versions. It is easier to implement throughout the organization so that managers and employees can log in to check the status. It makes the process of monthly forecasting easy and this we can focus on analyzing the results rather than spending time in gathering data in Excel.

Pros

1. Adaptive can link to Office Connect and users can remotely connect to the system without the need of a VPN. 2. What-if scenarios help the managers to design systems which give it a strong forecasting ability. 3. It offers a dynamic interface and offers a cloud access by means of which people can enter data from anywhere and trends are visible dynamically.

Cons

1. It requires quite a bit of practice to be proficient in the use of Adaptive. So, it takes some time to be an efficient user of the software. 2. The graphics are not that great, so you might an additional software to get presentable results. 3. Monthly forecasting is the lowest level of forecasting that we can see which limits its use to an extent if businesses want to see more detailed forecasting.

Maria from Verizon

If you are looking to move away from spreadsheets and have one source for your financial data and reporting data, I highly suggest looking into Adaptive Planning.

Pros

It has all the features you would expect in your financial tool and they are constantly upgrading and adding addiitonal features. Customer support has been excellent and they actually seem to care about their customers.

Cons

Reporting functionality within the system could be enhanced. The native reporting is not that easy to use, would prefer better canned reporting functionality.

Kevin from Gentiva Health Services, subsidiary of Kindred

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Full implementation of Adaptive Planning with great results

Pros

Adaptive Insights is a great company to work with. They're responsive and treat their customers great. Their customer support is one of the best I've ever worked with. The product itself was very simple to use, but very powerful. We were able to create very complicated models but keep it simple enough for our end users to understand and interact with.

Cons

We've had several acquisitions and re-orgs over the last few years, and changing the structure is pretty labor intensive.

Sandra from ElectriCities of North Carolina, Inc

Industry: Utilities

Flexible, User Friendly Software

Our Finance team switched to Adaptive Planning from another software that was very inflexible and required both outside consultants and house IT staff on a regular basis. Adaptive Planning was a very smooth implementation. It allows great flexibility in your planning models without the heavy reliance on consultants and IT. The ad hoc reporting and additional benefit of Office Connect have been very valuable in our planning processes.

Pros

Flexible, cloud based, user friendly

Rick from Engine Yard

Adaptive Insights - Planning and Discovery

Pros

AI allows for you to build a highly customized model for real-time scenario planning, forecasting and analysis of not only financial metrics, but on the overall operation as well. Through intuitive dashboards with visual analytics that provide drill down capabilities, users can easily participate in complete performance management. The software has allowed finance to become a strategic partner with the rest of the operation.

Cons

I have not found anything negative about this solution.

AI Review

Pros

This is a solid software base that my firm uses to consolidate forecasting data and pull those forecasts for board review. It is a great platform to use for data warehousing and to pull massive subsets of data. Those pulls can then be used and pasted into Excel or whatever template that you need to generate the proper metrics.

Cons

The functionality is not as user friendly as you would like. The customized reporting is complex and hard to understand. I would recommend sitting in on a seminar or tutorial before committing to it. It isn't quite user friendly and, for us, we don't use it for anything but generating massive paste fills to be dumped into our reporting templates.

Jarred from Luckett & Farley

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great Analytics Software

I would recommend this product hands down over the competitors.

Pros

Full-featured software with all the bells and whistles. It has unlimited flexibility in reporting and analysis options. The reporting features are extremely easy to use, and they can be customized and shared with ease.

Cons

Requires a lot of training to use, but it's worth it in the long run. The software is expensive, and it does require assistance with implementation since there is so much to do to get it up and running.

Adaptive Insights

I use adaptive planning for corporate budgeting and long term forecasting. It is a great tool that is very flexible. Being able to build the financial model in a collaborative, team based manner instead of in numerous different excel models is a much better process.

Pros

[1] Version comparison is easy for variance analysis [2] Adaptive office connect is a very useful excel based reporting tool [3] Flexible system based planning and scenario analysis accelerates planning cycles and reduces data integrity issues

Cons

The biggest issue that i have run into is the way actuals flow into locked plan versions. If you have a formula in a locled plan version that references actuals and you change the actuals data, then it will change you plan numbers even though the period is locked.

Flavio from Embraer Aero Seating Technologies

Good product ignore you are a serious user.

Extremely flexible planning and reporting tool. Requires good knowledgeable about (I) the business, (ii) company's finance and accounting practices and (iii) ERP and ancillary systems.

Todd from DialogTech

Decent software tool, but could use greater reporting capabilities.

Pros

Easy to navigate and use. Process for uploading and downloading are nice and simple.

Cons

Very basic reporting features, lacks more robust reporting capabilities. Would be nice if they added a screen freeze feature to lock the initial view when scrolling.

July 2014

Elton from JSI Shipping

July 2014

Review on Adaptive Insights

Pros

This product is quite user-friendly once you go through the product training. I particular like the report feature where you can design the reports you need, and it can replace all the Excel spreadsheets you need to create by yourself with all the formula links.

Cons

I think the product would be even more useful if we could fully utilize its budgeting function. However, this is mostly our internal issue rather than the issues with the product or vendor. One weakness I would point out is about the foreign exchange rate that can be applied to the B/S and P/L. The system basically provides two different rates per currency per month (EOM rate and Monthly Average rate). In reality, in B/S, you will have accounts that need to apply historical rates like fixed assets so none of these two rates can be used.

Amy from Nextep

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Very Flexible

We love the many options and flexibility that we have with Adaptive. Everyone that we have worked with has been awesome!

Pros

Flexibility