Browse ConnectPointz Reviews

Mac from Cleveland Kitchen Co.

EDI Software for Food Startups that Works!

We are streamlining our Purchase Order reception process and having it all in one central, easy to use location has tremendously benefitted our team and efficiency. In fact, we saw a tremendous painpoint when we had to switch our vendor # from a large customer due to a company name update and we began getting orders in manually through email again, ACT Data/Connectpointz really helped us be more efficient and reduce workflow when confirming order flow.

Pros

Easy to setup, use, and came recommended by Target. Very happy with the value for $, it came in far cheaper than competitors and the support team has been excellent.

Cons

Like any new software there was an integration period and delay with launch of any new customer. Connectpointz makes it easy to load up and in.

Reasons for Choosing ConnectPointz

recommended by customer (Target), great price, awesome team and smooth/quick onboarding. Worked with all major and minor customers.

Patrick from Lusso Brands International

Excellent First Impressions

We can now connect with all of our retailers and sales channels through 1 provider. We can also connect to our 3pl and inventory software and the process is simple and cheap. Excellent service and setup

Pros

We have been using the software for only a few months but the ease of use compared to previous providers makes it well worth the small amount of trouble it was to make the switch

Cons

At this stage, I have found only 1 small issue and that was in processing a manual order but the support team have fixed this quickly and efficiently and that service far outweighed the small issue to begin with

Reasons for Choosing ConnectPointz

Cheaper and after speaking to Connect Pointz sales team it seemed it offered a much better option all around

Reasons for Switching to ConnectPointz

Issues with use and did not offer everything we required

Eliza from Gigi Pip

Incredible Software, just what we needed!

We needed quick and easy EDI setup for our vendors and ConnectPointz has proven to be our best resource to date.

Pros

ConnectPointz has time and time again ended up being just what we needed. Their customer service team is incredibly responsive and walked us through the set up each time we needed it. I've called them in a pinch and they've always answered and worked through the problem with me. The software is user friendly and has gone smoothly every time we've needed it.

Cons

I would love to see a user guide of all the possibilities ConnectPointz has to offer.

Reasons for Choosing ConnectPointz

Easy setup, quick response time and MUCH more user friendly.

Ralph from Trendtex Fabrics LTD

ConnectPointz Review

Adequate - it serves the purpose of being in compliance with the EDI requirements for our customer.

Pros

Generates ASN for every order to be in compliance with the customer EDI requiremtns.

Cons

Complicated to use. There is no formal training on the use of the software - only phone instructions. Transmission of the ASN and related files to the customer is delayed, due to the time differences. The software has too many redundant inputs (i.e. delivery date has to be inputted twice on the same page). No answer to emails sent thru the system.

Response from ACT Data Services

Replied December 2020

Thank you for your feedback, Ralph! We've been working hard on the new and improved ConnectPointz iPaaS interface! Ver 2.0 now includes easy assistance wizards, detailed self-help Q&A, and videos! From the sounds of it, you may not be taking full advantage of our automation tools. Let's connect to see what we can do to make your experience with ConnectPointz iPaaS better, frank@actdata.com. Talk soon!

Jacqueline from Axcent Outerwear LLC

Customer service is professional, courteous and patient. I called multiple times and they were always available and ready to help.

Pros

Generating carton labels is very useful. I also like the ease of invoicing customers through this.

Cons

I haven't found anything that is not to my liking as yet.

SHIRLEY from Source Global Enterprises inc

ConnectPointz User

Has help us tremendously with continuing our business with Vendors

Pros

Easy to use. No problem with parameters to meet our needs

Cons

Minor problem with comparability at first

Reasons for Choosing ConnectPointz

Came highly recommended by our Vendor support team

No longer supported by Verizon

Nathan from Gordon Companies Inc

We've used them all, and they are the best!

The onboarding process was simple. Their ConnectPointz platform included an ecosystem of already configured systems and applications. This made integrating our accounting software, order management applications, and catalog tools with the ConnectPontz platform simple. Then, connecting these systems to our sales channels and vendors was all taken care of by the A C T data team, and fast. They also took the time to understand all the nuances with each account and built custom workflows to accommodate each of them.

Pros

By leveraging their ConnectPointz platform and automation services, we no longer had to manually enter orders or download shipping labels and custom packing slips. All order updates, like tracking and cancellations, were now communicated, automatically, in almost realtime with our customers. Even our inventory was now synced and updated regularly with every sales channel.

Cons

I can't say a bad thing about this company.

Reasons for Choosing ConnectPointz

We evaluated a handful of integration providers. Based on their cost-effectiveness and capabilities, we partnered with ConnectPointz.

Reasons for Switching to ConnectPointz

We were using a "leading" EDI provider and grew tired of the constant upfront fees they would charge to onboard new sales channels.

Raj from Prince Peter Collection

Industry: Textiles

EDI SOFTWARE OF THE FUTURE

Pros

Easy to use, readily available software.

Cons

Transition time from previous EDI system.

Response from ACT Data Services

Replied December 2020

Thank you for the review, Raj. I see that you were not 100% satisfied with your migration timeline. Many factors contribute to the length of time it may take to transition from one provider to another properly. To mitigate these variables, we continue to build pre-configured integrations that can be rapidly deployed and customized for our clients. Today we offer over 800 pre-configured integrations across an ecosystem of Sales Channels and 3rd party business applications. Considering the increase in available connectors we have today compared to where we stood two years ago, I'm confident that we've been able to reduce the transition time significantly. With that said, I would like to learn more about your unique situation, and I'll be reaching out to discuss this with you further.

D'Anne from Weber Made USA

Fast and Easy to use

I order my labels, invoicing and shipping through Connect Pointz. It also helps with my website orders

Pros

This software saves me time. It is also more accurate than my previous system.

Cons

I really don't have any cons. ConnectPointz fulfilled my needs.

I relied on Act Data for their expertise and guidance

Rob from Khataland LLC

easy to use

Pros

the website is easy to use and very efficient of processing orders. Support is quick too if any issues are up. Would recommend this highly.

Cons

So far so good. Sometimes during weekends, the website would switch to cloud, just need to manually change the cloud to alpha, then t goes back to normal screen.

Teddi from From Spain, Inc.

Complicated to use

I am required to use ConnectPointz if I want to work with my larger accounts but the software is a bit unclear and complicated and the phone support is helpful but not welcoming or friendly.

Pros

I like that it is all online and takes care of shipping and invoicing for larger company dealings.

Cons

I find the software very complicated to understand unless you use it all the time and get used to it. But I use it only from time to time and I have to call the company to walk me through the process.

Great low maintenance EDI service

ConnectPointz solved the issue of passing orders to our vendor in a much more direct and automated way. previously we were downloading orders from Shopify and transferring them to an order spreadsheet that then was emailed to a vendor rep who might get to it right away or later in the day, or sometimes, miss it entirely. with ConnectPointz our orders are taken directly from Shopify and then sent directly to the Vendor EDI system for much faster processing and shipping

Pros

Once it is set up there is very little maintenance required for it to run efficiently. it is easily customized from fully automatic to semi automatic process flow, especially if orders need a last check before being sent to the fulfillment center. Also orders can be entered manually directly in the portal which is especially useful for exchanges

Cons

the only thing missing that I would love to see added in the future is a means to upload products into the Portal via spreadsheet instead of having to create a spreadsheet and send it to the ActData team to update. The only way currently to add products in the portal is one variant at a time

Lauren from Neo Distribution

Industry: Wholesale

Easy to use and affordable

Pros

I love how simple it is to use and the price point is perfect for our small business.

Cons

It is a bit of an inconvenience that it doesn't sync with my quickbooks, essentially entering in an invoice twice, but other than that, works great!

Response from ACT Data Services

Replied April 2019

Dear Ms Beck, Integration is one of the greatest benefits of choosing ConnectPointz. ConnectPointz integrates with all versions of Quickbooks from Pro on up, https://www.connectpointz.com/connecting-clients/quickbooks. I do not have your direct contact info so, please contact me to square this away immediately. I really would like you to enjoy the benefits of integration. Thank you, Mike Michael Meyer VP Sales and Services 1-800-ACT-DATA x 331 www.actdata.com www.connectpointz.com

Edward from E. Brookmyer, Inc.

They make it easy

Turn times, reducing personnel for tedious tasks, inventory management and simplified performance and tracking.

Pros

Great support. Few or no issues. Quick turnaround for adding new companies. Seamless interface.

Cons

That more of my customers aren't at the point of integrating yet.

Taleisa from Viatek Consumer Products Group

ACT Data

Pros

Production Activity and Remittance Advise

Cons

Email sometimes misses reports, but can email for needed information

Jacqueline from Apparel Connection

happy customer

Pros

Easy to use and implement, very efficient

Cons

i would add a live customer service option like through a chat

Response from ACT Data Services

Replied December 2020

Thank you for the 5-star review, Jacqueline! I've got some great news for you! We are actually already working towards adding a live chat support feature to the ConnectPointz portal. This will be rolled out in Q1 of 2021. Stay tuned for more details.

Sammy from Marie's Original Formula's LLC

I recommend to all

Pros

This product is very simple and easy to use, and the support team is great.

Cons

I don't like that you cant create a shipping label from the software.

Response from ACT Data Services

Replied December 2020

Good Afternoon, Sammy. I'd like to learn more about what kind of shipping label you want to generate. You're able to generate UCC compliant labels using the included ConnectPointz packing wizard. With that said, if you're looking to create standard shipping labels, we can also sync to any shipping software so that those labels are generated without any manual data entry. Finally, we also have a preconfigured API integration with UPS, FedEx, and USPS that you can leverage to create shipping labels. Would you like more information on any of these services? send me an email, frank@actdata.com. Talk soon!

Tyler from Storelli Sports

Industry: Sporting Goods

Awesome to work with

We are a small business that needed an EDI partner for some of our big box accounts. Most providers are expensive and more suited to larger enterprises. For the volume that we do and they have been the perfect solution for us.

Pros

They are professional, responsive and very easy to work with. For a business our size, they are the perfect solution. Affordable and do exactly what we need them to do.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. We have not had any issues with them so far.

Nabad from BJGH Times

it gets the job done, but would prefer something easier to use, or at the very least a better explanation on how to use....not just in terms of basic processes but how to efficiently process items

Pros

Clean interface (visually), relatively fast loading pages

Cons

Not intuitive, working with the program flows like something from the mid-90s, generally not very user friendly which is only emphasized by very poor training/instructions/user manual

Response from ACT Data Services

Replied December 2020

Thank you for your feedback, Nabad! We've been working hard on the new and improved ConnectPointz iPaaS interface! Ver 2.0 now includes easy assistance wizards, detailed self-help Q&A, and videos!

Irving from MCB NYC LLC

Industry: Wholesale

Best Software and Service Team Around!!

Overall- great experience very easy to work with!

Pros

Easy to use and great customer service team to help you through any and all issues.

Cons

Only thing I would improve is ability to add/remove info based on the company's needed information

George from Reese And Luke Inc.

Sensational

I highly recommend its software.

Pros

Simple and Intuitive to use coupled with terrific customer support!

Cons

Integration is always a bit of a challenge for us, however Connect's excellent support staff mitigated this task for us.

Sam from Kikuichi New York Inc

Low Cost Solution

Our customers required EDI connectivity and ConnectPointz was a economical solution

Pros

Great tech support, quick response and low cost

Cons

Not very user friendly interface, difficult to navigate

Philip from D&DH, LLC

ConnectPointz review

Pros

Easy to use and user friendly, works well with my company

Cons

Perhaps have an accounting function and can invoice directly to the retailer.

Response from ACT Data Services

Replied February 2021

Thank you for the 5 star review, Phillip! I see you are looking to leverage ConnectPointz to invoice your retailers directly. Good news! We do offer this as a standard feature in ConnectPointz. Please contact me at frank@connectpointz.com.

caleb from westbay showroom

Connect Pointz review Westbay Showroom

my experience was superb!! the software was easy to learn and the ACT data team was there every step of the way if I had any questions on anything! thanks so much!

Pros

I loved how user friendly the software was. I am not big computer guy, so this software was very easy for me to use and not intimidating at all...the ACT team was extremely supportive in walking me through all the steps! they are the best! thanks team!

Cons

no cons....all was smooth with the software. no complaints!

Garrett from Charlie Hustle, LLC

ConnectPointz review

Pros

After a tutorial, the software allows you to efficiently process orders from customers and takes the back-and-forth of email exchanges out of the equation.

Cons

I do not find the software to be particularly intuitive. Without the original tutorial, I feel like even basic functions would have been difficult to figure out.

Harold from Bentley's Batch 5

Small Company

For the most part its been good. However I don't like paying a fee during the months we don't have any orders from Bed Bath & Beyond.

Pros

it's fairly easy to use once you know how.

Cons

If you make a mistake its hard to correct or you have to call in to get the correction made. It was very hard to get an invoice corrected. You need to send the same invoice with a different letter/number added at the end. No one ever told us that.

Response from ACT Data Services

Replied December 2020

Thank you for your feedback, Harlod! We've been working hard on the new and improved ConnectPointz iPaaS interface! Ver 2.0 now includes easy assistance wizards, detailed self-help Q&A, and videos! With that said, anytime you're having issues with correcting data, please contact us at production@actdata.com. Our US-based, Client Support Agents are ready and very much so capable of helping to resolve any issue you may have!

Gretchen from Zenoff Products Inc

Excellent

Very pleased and the support and training was precise and helpful.

Pros

Faster, Easier to use and we can view all the information our company needs in one spot.

Cons

A bit of a learning curve, but well worth it in the end.

Cheri from Second Line Ventures

Industry: Warehousing

Great customer service

not super user friendly, but great customer service.

Pros

The customer service is fantastic, they email back quickly or are just a call away.

Cons

The system is a little complicated and not super user friendly for someone who isnt familiar with EDI. I had to call a few times to get instructions on how to do stuff. At this point i know what to click but still dont quite understand fully.

ALEC from CarPo

Great Partner

Amazing!

Pros

What I liked most is that the software is very intuitive and can integrate with many retailers.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to share about this.

Breeze from Bed of Nails

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Great service

Pros

Really easy to communicate data with our buyers who use this software. Easy to use portal and super organised and efficient. Great customer service on hand whenever needed.

Cons

I'm yet to find any cons with this software.

Daniel from TickEase, Inc.

ConnectPointz for Bed Bath and Beyond

It allows me to get my orders prepped easily and professionally.

Pros

Once I went through the training, the process was easy.

Cons

Waiting for the emailed labels to come. I would prefer if the labels were generated immediately when the info was entered.

Adele from Soireehome,Inc.

EDI processing

Saving time and EDI costs

Pros

This has saved numerous steps in processing our EDI orders from Bed Bath and Beyond stores

Cons

Have not encountered and downside at this point in time.

Charlene from lucci couture inc

Pros

Easy to use and navigate unlike other EDI softwares

Cons

Labels can sometimes take up to two hours to generate

BRUCE from Cin Chili & Company

Cin Chili & Company

They have been very helpful when issues arose. Glitches fixed and everything is working like clockwork.

Pros

Easy to use. Fast retrieval of shipping labels and processing of invoices.

Cons

There were some software glitches at first, so we didn't get paid in a timely manner. Since then all payments have been on time.

Blake from Groove Life

Industry: Wholesale

ConnectPointz Makes it EASY!

Pros

I liked that it was plug-and-play solution for a new retailer that required EDI even though we didn't have time to set up our EDI provider in time for the first order.

Cons

It would be great to have some more training tools available.