What are Devart ODBC Drivers users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Devart ODBC Drivers software through verified user reviews

• icon"It is available for various operating systems like Windows, MacOS and multiple distributions of Linux which gives me freedom to deploy / host on Operating System of my choice."
  • icon"This driver was a no-brainer to install and start using right away. The price is very reasonable and the support is great."
  • icon"Overall, It is working great and meeting all requirements with high speed data transfer."
  • icon"Some of the connections to date fields are difficult for queries."
  • icon"Lack of c# code examples for wiring to an Interbase backend database."
  • icon"The problem I have is that when I have to implement my software in a networked environment, I have to buy 2 licenses i.e. the Desktop and the Server licenses. And the licenses are expensive."

Browse all Devart ODBC Drivers Reviews

• Have you used Devart ODBC Drivers and would like to share your experience with others?

Abdul Wahab

Review of ODBC Driver for MySQL

My overall experience with Devart ODBC Drivers is so great that it makes me not remember if I had faced any error.

Pros

It is very simple and easy to install, setup and use. It is very fast for data transfers. It is completely self-dependent or independent hence no dependencies are required. It allows to query or access the data in seamless manner.

Cons

The licensing process is bit slower and seeking to improve. There is no problem ever seen in its functionality. It works on its best pace.

Samuel

The connection did task me a bit to understand but when I got it right, It is really good and fast

I like their support. They don't get tired when I ask for much explanations. The driver functionality is enough for me currently because the team added what I felt was missing in my view. Now the issue is the cost of using the driver(s). The explanations I got from the technical staff was conflicting about what license I need in a network setting. Till now I have not understood that

Pros

The software connects really fast. The team added functionality as I needed/requested them. The 'PACK' functionality as well as the 'LIKE' statement I requested and they added really brought me close to this driver. I love it and have made it my standard.

Cons

The problem I have is that when I have to implement my software in a networked environment, I have to buy 2 licenses i.e. the Desktop and the Server licenses. And the licenses are expensive. I want to have a situation where I buy a license and use it with the software projects I produce

Reasons for switching to Devart ODBC Drivers

SQL Server makes support (and installation) more costly. The Devart ODBC Drivers for xBase make the software more portable and easier to support and backup.

Steven

A for Effort C- for execution

Pros

the salesforce driver is reasonably easy to setup and seems to work well

Cons

Quickbooks driver could not keep a connection alive through the SQL gateway for more than an hour without needing to be re-established Ultimately Powershell Modules with a direct SQL invocation were a better, faster approach

Reasons for choosing Devart ODBC Drivers

because your salesforce driver actually works, and theirs doesn't

Did the job and eliminated the complexity--cheaply!!

The ODBC drivers allowed me to be able to extract needed data on Postgres databases with multiple schemas that my reporting application good not maneuver. I was able to install the Devart ODBC drivers and create ODBC connections and eliminate the issue with little effort.

Pros

The Devart ODBC drivers were very easy to install and I was instantly able to get to the schemas I needed in out Postgres databases to be able to write reports on needed data.

Cons

I can not think of any cons for the Devart ODBC drivers. It just works.

Reasons for choosing Devart ODBC Drivers

Least expensive and best instructions for what I needed to accomplish.

Industry: Chemicals

Great Inexpensive Salesforce ODBC Driver

Overall my experience with the ODBC driver has been great. Using it I can do any data work I need with familiar SQL queries. Additionally it has allowed us to do full exports and backups of all Salesforce data to a SQL database.

Pros

It allows one to seamlessly query and access Salesforce data.

Cons

More details on functionality and how to do things is lacking. The forums help, but I think it would be good to gather up solutions in the forums and put in a FAQ.

Mohammad Iqbal

Best ODBC driver for MySQL

I am using it for connectivity of data entry part of pharmabridge to the database.

Pros

Overall, It is working great and meeting all requirements with high speed data transfer. It is available for various operating systems like Windows, MacOS and multiple distributions of Linux which gives me freedom to deploy / host on Operating System of my choice. Moreover, It is free.

Cons

It meets all requirements and working great with nothing to dislike found throughout my experience of using it.

Mary

Easy to use and connect to pull data for integration

We were looking to pull data from crm dynamics which is saas for our recruitment software and populate and send data to our document management system for applications. This ODBC driver helped us be cost effective in moving to a new document management system during COVID this year.

Pros

Easy to implement and connect from onprem SSIS project to cloud version of crm microsoft dynamics as long as you have correct permissions.

Cons

Some of the connections to date fields are difficult for queries

Reasons for choosing Devart ODBC Drivers

My trial version was easy to use and quick to connect.

Martyn

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Forget the others, save your time and buy this!

From the initial licensing questions to the purchasing process, my experience was flawless. Don't waste your time and effort trying other solutions, this is the one to use. Zero issues, impressive performance, excellent support, inexpensive compared to competitor's products and easy to hit the ground running using industry-standard integration solutions.

Pros

Cons

After trying competing products I can honestly say there is nothing I dislike about this driver, it surpassed all my needs and expectations and gave me no issues.

Reasons for choosing Devart ODBC Drivers

The licensing model was far superior, the price was a fraction of the competition and the performance appears identical.

Randall

Industry: Industrial Automation

Foxpro database access

Utilize PowerBI to tap into additional data sources for our various software application to help consolidate information for management. Devart's ODBC Driver allowed us to add this older applications database into our mix.

Pros

It allowed me to utilize PowerBI to tap into an older Foxpro database. Other ODBC connectors would only choke on connections.

Cons

Lower price would be helpful for a single connection need, but otherwise I have no other complaints. Would be a better value if I had more connection needs.

Reasons for choosing Devart ODBC Drivers

It worked right out of the proverbial box and it worked the first time.

DAVE

Industry: Government Relations

Sqlite3 ODBC connector to Excel, completes the job, instantly

The Sqlite3-to-Excel connection was instantaneously flawless. Installation and set-up was as simple as one could wish.

Pros

I needed a connection from Sqlite3 to an Excel graphical workbook. This is an uncommon connection. I tried every ODBC connector available in GitHub or for sale on the net. None of them worked, for no evident reason, usually complaining that tables could not be found. I discovered Devart, downloaded and installed it, and was instantly rewarded with a functional connection. Thus my reports were completed and delivered.

Cons

No contra situations were encountered, so there are no dislikes.

Reasons for switching to Devart ODBC Drivers

I stop searching when I find one that works. It was Devart.

Peter

Industry: Utilities

Veolia review

- our usage of Devart ODBC driver is very limited; just retrieving the data from Salesforce system for Dashboard system

Pros

- easy to use - pricing - easy to deploy

Cons

- payment method and related escalations

- pricing - easy to use - good references

Marina

Stable connection

Our sales and marketing teams were looking for an ODBC driver that would allow them to connect to our Postgres database from many tools (Power BI, Excel, QlikView, etc.) to prepare reports and identify growth opportunities. Devart ODBC Driver did a good job of connecting all needed tools with Postgres.

Pros

compatible with many tools, easy to configure, affordable pricing

Cons

no cons were found. The driver works well

SalesForce ODBC review

Pros

It did exactly what it was promised to do. Set up was fairly simple after some troubleshooting - the documentation provided was helpful in said troubleshooting.

Cons

Minimal complaints, perhaps the number of emails was overwhelming: confirmation codes, confirmations of purchase, download links, etc.

Bobur

Industry: Program Development

About ODBS Drives

Pros

This is amazing software which helps us to improve our jobs and works and saves our time.

Cons

Easy to use and very comfortable for any kind of users, even didn't know anything about programming.

Enrico

Industry: Civil Engineering

ODBC für SQLite

Pros

Access to SQLite Databases is very easy und works pretty good.

Cons

3d-party Extensions are needed to access to specialised SQLite-Databases, for example Geopackage, Saptialite, but in dies release it doens't work.

SCOTT

Great value! Easy to install and use

Pros

I'm using the driver to replace the now non-functioning Microsft VFP 8 & 9 drivers to read from a really old FoxPro database. I mean really, really old. Nothing except the Devart ODBC Drivers could do the job on a Windows 10 machine. The drivers were easy to install & setup. Making the switch ended hours of frustration and trying alternatives. It worked the very first time.

Cons

It's forcing me to write a con but there are none from my experience.

Reasons for switching to Devart ODBC Drivers

VFP 8, 9 drivers no longer compatible with latest version of Windows 10.

Stefan

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Devart ODBC speeds up my Access to Oracle

Pros

Easy to use, very fast access to my ORACLE-DB

Cons

nothing. very useful for me. increases the transfer rate to my oracle dramatically

Tim

Industry: Mining & Metals

ODBC Drivers - Devart

Pros

Easy to use Easy to install Easy to configure Easy to manage

Cons

There isn't anything that I didn't like about the Devart drivers.

Jesse

Initial use promising

Pros

The ease of use in initial installation.

Cons

Licensing took a while to be ready and delivered.

Al

Interbase SQL Connectivity

Pros

It works! Easy to install and deploy.

Cons

Lack of c# code examples for wiring to an Interbase backend database.

Devart ODBC Drivers