What are Google Charts users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Google Charts software through verified user reviews

• icon"Wow, what a fantastic piece of software. I hadn't needed to use it before, but had a presentation for a class I was teaching."
  • icon"It also provides premium tools to help me typewrite specific words to correct my spelling. And the software has a contact button to call Google for customer service useful to answer my questions."
  • icon"I love google products and this is just another stellar software available online or for download. I love the ease of use and that I can use it for free if desired."
  • icon"I sometimes have connection issues and problems saving/syncing while using the offline option, but I find this to be minor."
  • icon"Options to create are limited when use it offline."
  • icon"I was unable to identify any real drawbacks to Google Charts at this point in time. If there is something missing here, I've yet to find it."

Browse all Google Charts Reviews

• Have you used Google Charts and would like to share your experience with others?

Kelsey

Google Charts

Overall, I love Google Charts. I was using other online sites and excel, but Google Charts is by far superior.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and how easy it is to integrate with all of the other Google products. You can use Google Charts to create any type of chart that you may need. It's also really easy and handy to be able to embed the charts on your site if you wish.

Cons

The interface is pretty simple which makes it great to easily figure out what you are doing and how to create the graph, but it is a bit harder to deeply personalize and get creative with the graphs.

Reasons for switching to Google Charts

Excel was too complicated and Google was easier to integrate.

My review for Google Charts

Creating charts has never been easier or more impressive thanks to Google Charts, in short, you give numbers to Google, and it turns you into graphics. Some graphics require some coding knowledge, but most of them offer graphics services that can easily be used without the need for graphics knowledge, and all are open source. Approximately I use Google charts for 1 or 2 years and this software helps my work.

Pros

The most beautiful features of Google Charts - A rich graphics library, You can customize the graphics according to your needs, Support for different browsers available, Free, You can collect all the graphics in one place, Easy to work with dynamic data.

Cons

As I said, the need some coding knowledge for some charts, and I think this is the most missing part of Google Charts. In fact, there is no other missing feature. Also, in my opinion, there is a need for new updates and changes. It might a good surprise for the customers.

Reasons for switching to Google Charts

If you are looking for diversity RAWGraphs is the tool you are looking for. However, this program is not very easy to use. So I started using Google Charts. In fact, both software has beautiful features. But for me, Google Chart is one step ahead.

Mark Senyo

Great for reporting

My entire unit was heavy on wordy reports because most of the staff struggled to use the statistical software available to create the charts and graphs that would have reduced the need for so many words. Thanks to Google Charts and how easy it is to use, our reports and update meetings are now much more visual and graphical. Learning to use it, and teaching others has been very simple.

Pros

Google Charts has very sleek and intuitive design offerings that suit any possible data visualization need I could think of. And creating outputs is very easy and direct, as is the standard with all other Google tools I use. Another great thing I have loved while using Google Charts is that it has never once crashed on me. What's not to like?

Cons

Not having an offline mode to keep the work going without connectivity, and having it sync up and upload for sharing when internet connectivity is re-established.

Reasons for switching to Google Charts

It was much simpler and more fun.

Suzanne

Industry: Graphic Design

Not for Novices

The end results are very professional looking. However the general public won't be able to produce these charts for their websites until it is made MUCH more user friendly.

Pros

It is extremely customizable and adaptable to a variety of situations. There are dozens of different chart types, and lots of options for how you want your data displayed with the chart. Changes on your website happen in real time.

Cons

This software is very inaccessible to beginners in html/css as well as any casual website editors. In a world where more and more people are able to create websites through visual editors without knowing any code at all, Google Charts is reminiscent of a past where only coders could build websites. All of the guides were written by coders for coders. It basically just gives you sample snip-bits of code for each chart type and tells you to customize it yourself. There isn't any kind of sandbox area to test out your code attempts within the app either, nor any links to resources to teach yourself code either. It also doesn't explain important information about later down the pipeline, for after you finish your chart and want to post it on your website. Many commonly-used website building platforms don't allow users to directly use CSS, and sometimes not even HTML either. In order to add your chart to such websites, you will need third-party plugins.

Matteo

So simple to use

Super easy to set up and use. Syncs across our entire team's devices instantly, so we can work on the same project at the same time without overlapping. Can't imagine a work day without Google Charts.

Pros

Free, simple to set up and use, great for charts and presentations, easy to access from any device in the world thanks to it being saved on Google's 'cloud'.

Cons

Lacks a few features that I used to have on Powerpoint, but aside from this, a fantastic alternative and so much more user friendly than Microsoft's alternatives!

Alhassan

The best and most capable free software I have ever used

My overall experience with google charts has been amazing. I used to create all my charts in Microsoft Excel until I discovered Google Charts, and I am completely stuck with it now. The ease of customizing my work and sharing it directly from source with my colleagues has been a welcome change from the drag of doing the same things with excel.

Pros

Like most google products, one of the best aspects of Google Charts is how extremely easy it is to setup and get comfortable using. Having come from a Microsoft Excel background, my learning curve literally took me about 3 minutes. And oh, the best feature of Google Charts has to be that its free and still manages to outperform almost all its rival products.

Cons

I often do not like to register any complaints about free-to-use software that are able to perform fairly well. And google charts does more than perform fairly, it is absolutely awesome. My only suggestion would be to create an offline version with the same full range of functionality.

Reasons for switching to Google Charts

The range of charts and customizability of google chart outputs had me sold from the first demo video I watched on Youtube.

Finally Google's chart maker arrives

Google Charts allows you to make impressive charts to include in presentations to clients. It's quick and easy to use and the best free software to do this with.

Pros

As you'd expect, it is very easy to use and navigate around. It has some really great features such as the ability to embed your charts into your websites. And it's free!

Cons

Like the rest of Google's "office apps" you need to be connected to the internet to use it. Yes you can use it offline in Chrome but it's not reliable to save all your work.

Reasons for switching to Google Charts

Integrates with the rest of G Suite and storage on Drive.

Simple and Efficient way to analyze Data with attractive visualization

Overall experience with Google Charts is awesome. I am using Google Charts to prepare my monthly/weekly reports.

Pros

The best thing about Google Charts is their features like Chart Gallery, timelines, word trees, lines, overlays, animation, chart editor, formatters and so on. We can use all this features to analyze our in attractive charts.

Cons

Google Charts comes with many features. To use them all you must go through all the E-books, webinars and videos. Then only you can become expert using Google Charts.

Reasons for switching to Google Charts

we were looking for more features and reliable customer support, which Google Charts is providing.

Matthew

A Good Tool To Show Detailed Research.

Overall, Google Charts has been great for me, especially when presenting my data to colleagues and even during presentations to larger groups. The chart types and graph types they provide are high quality and the visuals are very detailed. If you have not used Google Charts before, then I highly recommend you to check it out, I am quite sure a lot of people will be pleasantly surprised!

Pros

Like other Google products, Google charts is just magnificent, you can easily share the charts and graphs you make to your colleagues quickly and efficiently via email or even through websites. The platforms sharing feature is very effective and the collaboration and integration possible with other Google tools allows the user to customize and create detailed charts and graphs for in-depth analysis of data. Overall the compatibility that Google Charts offers is fantastic and unlike other tools out there, there is no need for any extra plugins or features to be added to the existing software.

Cons

In the past, I have had some problems exporting final copies of data, I am not sure if it is due to the file type, or the software itself, but at times it did throw off my work flow. The software itself is not hard to use or learn, however Google would greatly benefit and attract more users if they provided more resources to users who are not as tech savvy!

Rida

Free Software to make Charts

Google Chart is well-known online software. It is used to make charts and helps in creating and securing other similar data. I have been using this software for the past two years, and I am a satisfied user.

Pros

Google Chart is the easiest and user-friendly online software to make charts, secure the data, and a more presentable software compared to other similar software. I would recommend this software as it is easier and more efficient.

Cons

Google Chart is easier and more user-friendly than other software even though It has limited options. Students like me are not able to perform critical analysis of data on this online software. Overall, it is a good option if you don't have access to MS Excel.

Timmy

Real-time Data Visualization collected from throughout your organization

Google Charts helps us provide graphics for intra-company presentations, where data can be quickly assembled and graphed in order to shed light on trends, ideas, or capabilities pertaining to opinions or data. There's not hard-and-fast way to use Google Charts, but we have found that it is a comfortable and capable way to express data visualization for many different situations.

Pros

I love that Google Charts is so easily customized. I can show the amount of data downloaded on a weekly basis in a bar chart, or I could just as easily throw onto a shared screen the results of a company-wide poll on what's we want for catering next week. With this much ability, Charts is a fun and effective method of showing everyone their personal analytics.

Cons

Google Charts is hard to make very precise plots on. The axis configuration options are limited, the colorbars are typically set automatically, and the chart plot size and line shape/weight is often lacking in options. The surface role of the software is to show, not to explain.

Panoply

Reasons for choosing Google Charts

Panoply had rigorous input requirements that we all got tired of meeting.

Reasons for switching to Google Charts

Matlab plots were tedious to create.

Sachith

Create charts for free

Overall, this is an amazing software to create your charts, it’s very easy to use and the most important thing is that it’s free you don’t have to pay for it, plus there is a lot of data about this software and how it functions. Honestly, there is only one flaw and that is it requires an internet connection, which is not a big deal because everyone has internet nowadays.

Pros

Google Charts offers a lot to users. Firstly, it’s free to use which is an amazing thing because you can save a lot of money. It’s very easy to use, you can make charts with ease and you can use this tool for your website. You can customize charts, which means you can design a chart that would fit your website which is something amazing. You can also add data into the charts which is a way to create a powerful chart. Another great thing is that there are forums and a lot of documentation on how to use this software properly.

Cons

The main thing that I don’t like about Google Charts is that you need access to the internet to use it. Also, you need to have Google Chrome if you want to use Google Charts offline but if you use it offline you might lose some data so I don’t recommend using it without an internet connection. Another thing that annoys me a bit is that it’s not simple to use. It’s not very difficult by any means but you got to have a little experience, it’s not for beginners. I would also want to see some other graphics and some new 3D effects.

Google Charts Review

One of the main benefits and business problem Google Charts has resolved for us is, using Google Charts to track time, creating charts for different variations within our company. Google Charts has greatly increased our company's support time for handling tickets and clients are much much happier having their issues resolved much faster; More Importantly; Google Charts gives a great point of view to determine if additional support is needed such as hiring more employees within the department.

Pros

Google Charts has been a vital part for my department we are constantly looking for a software or application where we can track out time for support tickets, and we found Google Charts to be the best; With using Google Charts there is a huge list of the type of charts to choose from the lists; entering data is a breeze, there are controls and dashboards where I can choose a chart of my choice and send of the weekly or monthly time allotted for support tickets that I have worked to my manager. Google Charts I can save my chart on google drive and then just update the existing chart from time to time. Moreover, with Google Charts there is great animation which is kind of cool if you ask me. Google Charts is free to use and that saves a lot of money if I were to go elsewhere and look for an application to create charts.

Cons

Google Charts as far I have used it, I have not Encountered any issues yet.

Gerson

Easy to use and impliment

Overall, Google Charts is a good tool that one would always feel good coming to. The easy to use API and implementation, along with the fact that users also have an easy time reading the charts are big pluses. Learning the toolset is also straightforward and allows one to learn Charts in not that much long of a time and being free is also a big plus and hope it stays free through its lifetime.

Pros

I have used Google Charts in all my websites when I can make use of it. Google Charts is a good way to present one's data on their site and the implementing Google Charts is quite easy once a person looks at their docs. I have never had much difficulty setting up different types of charts and feeding them data, as Google has made the adding the Chart API and the Chart code itself amazingly easy to add to one's one website. Not only getting it to run a breeze, Charts also has a good amount of options of not only when it comes to wanting to change the data presentation type but also customizing its looks. It is also light and loads quickly which is also a good plus.

Cons

The ease of use that comes from Google Charts along with its simplicity comes with a tradeoff and if one wants to create more sophisticated charts, one will have to go to more other options, especially when it comes to multiple sets of larger data. Charts is also light when it comes to user interaction with the chart, usually I use charts for only presenting data and nothing for complicated user-side manipulation.

Gabriela

Industry: Food Production

Google Charts Review

My overall experience with Google Charts is always amazing every time I use it. I love that creating charts can be so easy. Also, Ive seen my grades in school improving because of Google Charts. I will continue to use this! for a very long time!

Pros

What I love about this software is that it is super easy to use and learn. This software also works all all types of browser so It is very friendly. I also love Google Charts as a college students because in almost all of my classes I use Google charts. I recommend this to everyone! I absolutely love this.

Cons

One feature that can be improve in the feature is that you can not use this offline. You need internet access, which is not a downside for me because almost everything on phones need internet access. Everything is also so easy to use. I still highly recommend this product to everyone!

Engoudou Edzimbi

Real-time google data and graphics

Overall, google charts is an application that can interpret and visualize data in many situations. I love google charts. I used to use sites or applications like Microsoft Excel but it is by far the best.

Pros

Google Charts is a software I love. Convenient and easy to convert graphics to spreadsheets and even customize them. So easy to customize. I can create a set of charts and share the results with clients or editors who can give their opinions and choose the charts they like. It's a concrete method for the personal analysis of everyone.

Cons

Google charts remains basic because it lacks other features. As a proof, it is difficult to make accurate charts, the color bars are automatically defined, the chart layout lacks functions and the axes are limited. We cannot really customize our charts.

Graphics

Matheus

Industry: Farming

Best tool for charts

I use it everyday for measure, register and calculate data for different purposes and environments.

Pros

Google Drive storage integration, easy to use, clean interface, has many functions.

Cons

Needs internet to work online and google chrome to work offline. But it can lose data when offline.

Radoslav

Google Charts - easy and powerful for your site

Pros

1. First of all, it is a free tool you can use for your personal websites. 2. Google also uses these charts for showing some data, which for me is an indicator of a stable product that guarantees no problems or little of them. 3. There is a gallery where you can choose a lot of chart types. I think you can show everything that is in your head because the layouts are really a lot. 4. The carts are customizable, which means that you can fit your chart with your own design ideas and you can fit it to your website standards. 5. It supports cross-platform compatibility which is cool and you won't have serious problems showing the charts in different browsers or under different operating systems. 6. You can fill the charts with your own dynamic data which is all you need in powerful charts. 7. There is a support forum where you can find help - or you can even ask for some problem you cannot solve. 8. Google represents rich documentation on how to use Google Charts with examples.

Cons

Since now I haven't seen any cons, that bothers me. It is very cool organized and easy to use for tour personal purposes.

Nehal

Beautiful Visualization seems painless

1. Our organization uses it to replace the visualization used in excel as Google Charts is an effortless tool 2. It is quick to build-up charts where extensive customization is not needed and if the data source is available

Pros

1. Google charts has a free option to use product 2. Our organization uses it to use it instead of excel as the charts are beautifully developed using this online tool 3. No need to install any software or maintain it as it's a cloud-based interface 4. Fast, intuitive to develop visualizations and quick to deliver it when urgently needed

Cons

1. Customization of developing and implementation of charts for unique visuals is fairly not possible 2. We're using limited default chart options 3. Integration of various data sources are limited

Dominic

Simple and beautiful

Embeds nicely in websites / webapps with a small footprint.

Pros

Google does most of the heavy lifting for you. Simply put your data in the correct format (typically a JSON object), set a few parameters/options, and you have a beautiful looking chart to embed in a website, app, or other project. I've used a couple other visualization libraries and Google Charts is definitely the simplest. I absolutely love the Timelines chart! It worked flawless to display work order data (reported, scheduled start/finish, actual start/finish dates) on a timeline for easy data analysis. With so many chart types to choose from, you'll find something you can use!

Cons

While Google makes it super simple to implement, it does come with some drawbacks. There are a multitude of parameters/options for each chart type, but serious tweaking requires some more advanced scripting knowledge. For developers like me who have used more "programmatic" charting libraries in the past, it wasn't a huge deal, but I can imagine that more basic users might have been stuck with something they want to change, but can't.

Ched

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Great Help!

Our org. chart was created through this software so it's now easier to visualize the roles and take a look into the layers for all staff. An org chart that is accurately created helps a lot in coming up with some other projects for HR like salary.

Pros

Back in the day, when we didn't have any HRIS system and all we have were spreadsheets and Google docs, etc, my boss created our Org. Chart through Google Charts. I was very happy with this as I am able to visualize the company's roles and organize them appropriately.

Cons

There's not a whole lot of aesthetics - few colors to choose from for fonts. It's nothing important really but sometimes when you want to tweak it a bit to give a fresh new look, it's hard to do.

Dilraj

Charting made easy with Google

Overall experience was really positive with google charts nicely integrated with other google products like google sheets, slides, etc.

Pros

Google charts are nicely integrated into other google products like google slides or google sheets. All you need to do is add the data to the google charts and nicely built charts are available in your slides for presentation. A number of chart customisations are available along with easy to use features for beginners for modifying the data in their charts.

Cons

Networks connectivity is required for making accessing these charts and its hard to customize them if you are looking for other neatly built charts available currently.

anthony

Charts that help me excel

GOOGLE CHARTS IS THE BEST THINGS FOR FINDING OUT WHAT I NEED TO DO TO EXCEL AND I LOVE IT

Pros

What I love the most about Google Charts is the fact that I'm able to organize and see first hand how my complany is growing. Keeping all my financial things are going and customer database is as well. Charts that honestly I would have to pay a lot of money for if I had to use any other software. Intergration directly to my Gmail account is also the most amazing things as well.

Cons

There isn't one thing that I don't like about Google charts because it does everything I need and ore without any extra fees or hidden charges

The best chart application you can use

Google charts is a weekly, or almost daily tool that we use in our workplace. Definitely a would recommend to use.

Pros

The Google Charts tool provides you with a free-to-use chart application where you can do analytical work on a daily basis. To put it shortly - it is the best tool to use in the market at the moment - it is free and has almost the same features as what the competitors offer.

Cons

The sharing of the created charts is a bit confusing as you can change the ways the users can access by only viewing, being able to edit the file etc. but it can be easily overcome as there are lots of online tutorials

Luís Ricardo

Industry: Printing

Powerful Charts, Comprehensive Documentation

I use charts every day to generate real time reports for my company. I think it's crucial to have your own data visualization tool and Google Charts does it perfectly.

Pros

The best thing I like about Google Charts is its robustness and community support. The configuration and data structures simplicity also are a huge pro.

Cons

Although it's probably the best software for charts available, setting it up is still not trivial task for beginners. What would be helpful perhaps would be something like a "Wizard" or a way to easily generate the charts based on configurations you make in an online tool or something.

4.63/5 out of 652 reviews