All Google Cloud Reviews

Google Truly is the Best

Darien

Religious Institutions, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2021

GCP is a robust, powerful platform that offers simple cloud hosting for websites

Google Cloud Platform allows our website to scale rapidly as needed, while offering a cheap and completely customizable hosting platform. While complicated, GCP allows power users to run very powerful websites for fairly cheap, and unlimited potential for future development.

PROS

GCP is a very complicated platform, with unlimited potential for those who know how to use it; but once you learn how to use a specific tool - it becomes a very powerful and simple tool to use. I currently only use the Compute Manager (Virtual Machine), VPC Network (External IP) and Network Services (Cloud DNS) to run a cloud-based Wordpress site. Overall, once you learn the system, Google Cloud offers a very powerful solution for web management - giving unlimited potential for upgrades & sizes, allowing for localized solutions & access to the full Google Cloud network, and giving a (cheap) solution for powerful web hosting. With GCP, we spend only $7 a month (CAD), and our site runs significantly faster than it previously did on other hosting services. On top of that, GCP allows complete control over the backend linux server; which is a learning curve in itself, but offers quick & easy ways to manage every aspect of your website - the PHP version, specific file permissions, custom platform solutions (such as access to install different Google API's).

CONS

Google Cloud Platform is an insanely powerful platform with incredible features, but it also carries a VERY steep learning curve and is not for the faint of heart. While other web hosting services provide a simple interface most people can learn quickly, GCP throws you into the deep-end; requiring deeper knowledge of linux code (for backend management) and an understanding of web hosting in order to operate properly. Fortunately, with numerous guides and support forums/groups out there, it can be easy to learn.

Reason for choosing Google Cloud

Simplicity of interface & familiarity with brand

Reasons for switching to Google Cloud

Squarespace no longer fit our design or hosting needs.

Orianne

Telecommunications, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed August 2022

Enhanced AI and K8 features facilitate the development of the latest applications

All data processing can be completed by accessing the cloud platform from a web browser. The ability to work seamlessly with Google Earth Engine. Even if you do not have a high-specification machine at hand, you can perform various data processing you want by operating the cloud from your browser. Because you can directly run analysis algorithms, such as machine learning, linking with various Earth Engine data. By using GKE, we no longer needed to operate our Kubernetes cluster and could now focus on application development. As a result, we were able to concentrate on developing services that could deliver more value, contributing to the speed and quality of application releases.

PROS

I think the Kubernetes cloud service is very easy to use, partly because it is provided by Google, which developed Kubernetes. We also have a full range of AI services, and by combining them with Google AI, we can offer AI services seamlessly, which helps improve the added value of our services.

CONS

The web browser interface is constantly changing. When the system is updated, it also changes the menu display, etc., so it can be a bit confusing. There is no problem with the data processing itself, but sometimes the response at the first stage of access from the browser seems a bit slow.

Reason for choosing Google Cloud

Since it is relatively inexpensive and can be accessed by many people, it has lessened the need to prepare a local environment at a cost. Since a large amount of data can be analyzed using cloud computing resources, it is expensive, but considering time and resources, it seems reasonable.

Reasons for switching to Google Cloud

Problems, specific effects, and various functions have been solved, and it has become possible to perform complex analyses in conjunction with Google Earth Engine. It became possible to proceed with the analysis without worrying about the specifications of the machine in question.

Caroline

Higher Education, 501-1,000 employees

Google Cloud review

PROS

My favorite thing about Google Cloud is the data storage and management. It is very inexpensive compared to other similar systems.

CONS

What I liked least is I feel like I am not using the system to its fullest extent but it is not very user friendly.

Gaurav

Food & Beverages, 5,001-10,000 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed September 2020

Robust clickstream data storage and analysis tool

My overall experience with Google Cloud Platform has been satisfactory. I have been able to work with IT to import marketing campaigns data from multiple sources and store them for querying by analysts in my team. Due to scalability and stability of databases in GCP, I can keep moving more marketing data without worrying about slowing down the databases or crashing them. So, all analytics pulled using this imported data can populate a dashboard and keep it updated with fresh insights. Which helps in driving higher ROI.

PROS

My marketing team uses Google Cloud Platform to collect Google Analytics clickstream data and marry it with structured data from other sources. I analyze that correlated dataset using SQL queries. Some benefits I see off using GCP: I can access data online using a Google email address which I already use for other Google tools. I can export the data extract using Google Sheets and store it in Google Drive. I can import additional data by setting up a daily feed from Google Analytics. So, I get the benefits of a relational database with ability to scale using Google servers.

CONS

Google Cloud Platform is great for importing datasets from Google Analytics and other Google suite tools. But from tools which are not in the Google eco system, it involves heavy lift from ETL developers or architects. Additionally, GCP Bigquery tool has a limit on the volume of queries an analyst can run. Once that limit or cap is crossed, companies have to pay extra. So, using the LIMIT command in SQL becomes critical to limit the numbers of rows. Also, there is a challenge of legacy SQL vs. current version because they use different syntax.

Will

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2023

A trusted partner, and innovative IaaS and PaaS provider

We moved from a previous cloud hosting platform that had persistent downtime issues and we haven't had this issue in over 8 years with Google.

PROS

Whilst remaining innovative, security and reliability is paramount and this is evident through all of the Google Cloud platform products. We know that the products and tools available to us can be utilised for new projects and we're not afraid to commit to using these.

CONS

Some products are released with limited functionality and take time to evolve, other platforms perhaps have more mature offerings to compliment the compute resources. Naming conventions and rebrands of products can be confusing at times, especially when the name differs slightly when interacting via API, CLI vs GUI.

Ing. Ind. Manuel

Business Supplies and Equipment, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Platform that securely manages data

PROS

Handles many types of services, control of my projects, allows you to integrate other Google tools, easy accessibility from various devices.

CONS

Mainly because it is a platform that integrates with other Google solutions, this allows it to spread among many users.

Robbie

Computer Games, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Google Cloud Review

Very good for storage some bugfixes could be added

PROS

Useful storage for games to be stored and very easy of file arrangement

CONS

Sometimes freezes or just goes white stopping me use it

Tonji

Furniture, 501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Google cloud

All of my photos, signed documents, and videos are perfection stored in google cloud safe and secure with a passcode.

PROS

Larger storage for photos and file storage

CONS

It has to be cleaned as well it too will run out of storage

jayasri

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

google cloud

PROS

it is flexible to use good performance in work

CONS

limited integration and limited customization.

Naleen

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed September 2023

Great Data Analytics platform

PROS

As an administrator and a user I can say that Kubernetes is a revolutionary platform in the world of Data Analytics. And after google outsources it is has become a great toll i.e becoming interoperable between multiple cloud platform.

CONS

We have to use it as a single service and this is not like Azure which comes with O365

JOCILENE

Apparel & Fashion, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2024

Optimal browsing security, your data comes first

OVERALL IT'S VERY GOOD, I CAN ACCESS EVERYTHING ON MY CELL PHONE AND OPTIMIZE THE SPACE ON THE HD.

PROS

Great app. Being able to manage my instances from my cell phone makes my life a lot faster. Perfect for monitoring my instances from anywhere.

CONS

CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS NOT GOOD, DIFFICULT IN RESOLVING PROBLEMS.

infant

Media Production, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2022

GCP Review

Overall migration experience is very bad , but new versions made it easier. Other than that GCP monitoring tool is not that much user friendly , the guys with limited knowledge about cloud are suffering to get metrics or monitoring details. For example : to check the GCP Bucket growth , it's not a direct thing to check. We need to query it to get the info.

PROS

Ease of use. I like the most as a admin when compared to other cloud providers the spec can be customizable & the new cpu type N2d which gives better performance with less price. Easy to deploy vm's.

CONS

Oh! The dislike which comes to my mind is the Migration tool. google's M4ce migration engine version 4 is very difficult to setup , such a complex setup. One good relief is M4ce version 5 which supports migration from vmware which setup is so simple & i have migrated workloads easily. But struggled a lot with version 4.

Reason for choosing Google Cloud

Compared to AWS , the price is lesser & have almost all required features & some are exceptional like AI/ML.

Reasons for switching to Google Cloud

Obviously cost is the only factor.

Patrick

Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Speed Up You're Website!

I do website design and work with a lot of images and videos on customer sites so having a platform i can utilize to my the site more responsive is something my clients love as well as the visitors. lets face it, when you go to a site and it lagging you usually end up leaving and looking somewhere else and your client looses money. Having Google Cloud keeps people connected.

PROS

Website speed is crucial of business as well as personal. With Google cloud you don't have to store those large files, video files and images all on your site which slows it down a lot. You can easily add it to google cloud and just copy and paste the links into your website so the load time of your site is improved up to about 80%.

CONS

Google cloud offers a free version but you are limited to the amount of data and bandwidth and if you need a lot more space and bandwidth you could easy be paying well over $100 a month.

Reasons for switching to Google Cloud

It was too expensive and hard to navigate and faces a lot of linking issues with images, videos and links.

Lorri

Financial Services, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2021

Works great for a business owner on a budget

It's been great. Easy for me, easy for clients, and easy for colleagues and collaborators to use. It does everything I need.

PROS

This is easy to use, and for very small businesses, the free version might be sufficient. So it's very accessible from a price perspective. I pay for the business set up, which is $14 per month, in part because of the email archiving functionality which I need for my particular industry. In addition, because everyone is using google these days for email, files and calendar items are super easy to share with my clients.

CONS

I use Microsoft in my other job, and I do think it's a more robust software, and that Office documents still have a lot of functionality compared to Google docs. That being said, the price of Microsoft Office and Cloud is prohibitive for a business the size of mine.

Reason for choosing Google Cloud

Pricing, universality of the product - client and vendor familiarity with use.

Harmony

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2020

What my thoughts are about google cloud platform.

I solve data storage problems and help scale back the amount of human error. At the same time, I am able to run data smoothly and efficiently in a beat and orderly fashion.

PROS

I like the fact that you can store an unlimited amount of space as an online back up. If your computer has a major power surge and fries, your work and documents are saved and you have not lost everything.

CONS

I think that there should be an option where you can make the background and fonts a more laid back description instead of always having it professional. I really also don’t really care for how everything is connected to the google—-everything branches out from it.

Reason for choosing Google Cloud

Because I feel that it was a lot easier to learn and get a feel for. It was user friendly. It did not take days to really be able to become accustomed to its features. It was fairly simple and easy to use

Kamal

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2020

Cloud computing made easy

It's the best cloud computing platform I've used.

PROS

The GCP has made the deployment of development practices easy. Creating and Launching virtual instances is very fast. You are billed only when instances are running. The free trial credit makes it superb and standout among others.

CONS

The only disadvantage is that it assigns a USA IP address for every instance created. Even if the location of the instance is India, London, South Africa, you'll be given a USA IP.

Reason for choosing Google Cloud

The platform has more speed and the free trial runs up to 1 year while others are not.

Sébastien

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2019

An Idea Solution for Students, Autodidacts and Professionals for Anything Cloud Related

The most direct and consistent way I have been interacting with Google Cloud Platform was when I took the course "Google IT Support Professional Certificate". This course frequently makes use of GCP to explain real-life situations and I learnt a ton thanks to the doors that GCP open for you. It is possible to set up modified instances, which makes it a perfect learning platform for many different backgrounds in technology, including topics such as technical support, data analysis, data visualization, machine learning, security, etc. I have benefited tremendously from its many features and I expect to solve more complex problems in the near future with new skills under my belt. I loved how simple it was to set up instances, get them running, working with them for a while and then how they can easily be discarded or modified on the fly.

PROS

In the context of education, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is wonderfully accessible, powerful and useful. Connecting to virtual instances is simple when deploying both Linux and Windows. The instances can be accessed through SSH and there is even a Chrome extension (Chrome RDP) that facilitates connections to Windows under any operating system in use. The platform is extremely well integrated with courses that the same company offers as part of their MOOCs. Instances are responsive and allow to really dig deep without the fear of breaking anything for real. They each get their own IP address accessible publicly so it is a breeze to launch background services and servers inside an instance and test functionality from the outside world. I am not personally familiar with all the tools available, but I know I can count on the platform to support any future development I might do with big data and machine learning. Because Google also offers open source libraries such as TensorFlow which are an integral part of the platform, I know I will not be limited with scalability issues anytime soon when relying on this service.

CONS

Like any software of comparable complexity, the hardest part is always getting started, because everything feels so overwhelming. When opening the dashboard for the first time, you can click on the menu to access an impressive long list of available products. Since there are so many aspects to learn, I would find it very useful to have a shortcut next to each item that goes directly to the most relevant documentation page on the subject. I have also been annoyed once or twice in a MOOC connected to a virtual instance on Google Cloud Platform when I was informed that the instance was ready but in reality I would still need to wait longer for all tools to be properly loaded, hence some confusion was generated from the fact that I would have to close and re-open the instance to see a new file appear or something similar. I wish the communication between GCP and the information available from a course connected to the platform could be more accurate. Knowing this little pitfall and knowing there is a very good documentation available with many tutorials does help to get pass those initial hurdles.

Rony

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2023

The Powerhouse of Cloud Computing

My overall experience with Google Cloud has been overwhelmingly positive. The platform's vast array of services and tools has empowered our organization to harness the full potential of cloud computing. The scalability and flexibility provided have allowed us to seamlessly adapt to our changing needs. The robust security measures instilled confidence in the protection of our data. While the learning curve and occasional performance issues posed minor challenges, the overall reliability, performance, and feature-rich environment of Google Cloud have made it our preferred choice for cloud computing solutions.

PROS

Google Cloud left an indelible mark on me with its outstanding features and capabilities. The scalability and flexibility it offered were unparalleled, allowing us to effortlessly adjust resources based on our evolving needs. The robust security measures implemented by Google ensured our data remained protected and gave us peace of mind. The wide array of services and tools available within the platform empowered us to tackle complex tasks with ease. The seamless integration with other Google products facilitated a cohesive workflow. Above all, the reliability and performance of Google Cloud solidified its position as our preferred cloud computing solution.

CONS

While Google Cloud offers an impressive range of features, there were a few areas that fell short of my expectations. One drawback was the complexity of the platform, which required a significant learning curve to fully grasp and utilize its capabilities. Additionally, the pricing structure felt somewhat convoluted, making it challenging to estimate costs accurately. The customer support, although available, sometimes took longer than desired to address our queries. We also experienced occasional performance issues during peak usage times. Despite these shortcomings, Google Cloud's overall performance and feature set make it a compelling choice for cloud computing needs.

Giovanni