• Pros

• "it is a great tool for automation it is very easy to setup"

• "I love that I can schedule events to happen without having to remember. I also appreciate that I'm able to create my own applets."

• "The user interface of IFTT is so much easy to use than there is not need to spent a lot of time reading the documentation."

• Cons

• "Due to iOS, it doesn't work great with iPhones, iPads, Homepods or Macbooks. It does the job, but is not unlimited."

• "I loved it more when it allowed me to personally set the triggers and actions, instead of giving me whole "recipes". This restricted the possibilities although have made automations more reliable."

• "There really isn't anything bad I could say about IFTTT. Sometimes you wish it could do something with a device you have that it just doesn't have much for, but you can't expect it to have EVERYTHING."

Browse IFTTT Reviews

Gonzalo from Freelance

If this isn't Black Magic Then That's IFTTT

IFTTT is a valuable tool for my personal and working life, the tool has proved to be a great asset to automate repetitive tasks. IFTTT has saved precious hours throughout the week and has improved how I work and how I use my free time as well.

Pros

When I discovered IFTTT a few years back my jaw dropped. I couldn't believe my eyes. IFTTT is perfect for productivity and optimization geeks that want to do their most out of their time and also for those who have fun letting the Internet of Things unleash in their lives. IFTTT can't really be compared to other automation services like Zapier, is not intended for an enterprise-like operations runner (although you could) but to a personal assistant to make your life easier. Want to know if the forecast has announced rain for tomorrow? What about saving your travel moments in a neat Evernote notebook? IFTTT is perfect for home automation or to tell your wife that you're going home. I have a lot of fun exploring the applets marketplace and to see what people came up with, like "Get yourself out of an awkward situation", there's an applet for almost everything you might need. Another great thing about IFTTT is that they have native android and iOS apps, making a huge difference towards their competitors and making the integration with smartwatches and other devices pretty straightforward. And all that without having to write a single line of code! It's great to see the applets running and doing their job, saving precious time and leaving more of it for fun.

Cons

I found that some of the triggers sometimes don't run and you can't see why in detail, it could be awesome to have a log to see what went wrong, when and why. Also, it would be great to be able to deploy many tasks from one single trigger without having to create another applet for that (something that can lead to duplication, closed loops, etc). Sometimes the description of the applets is too short, general or inconsistent. Could be great to encourage the creators to write a bit more of explanation on how the applet works (helping also to understand why the trigger might not work, for example). As with any user-generated content, the quality and nature of the apples vary widely and many of the applets aren't working, it takes a while to IFTTT to reflect changes on the integrations' APIs. Another issue is that some of the notifications take a while to appear, making some of the integration unsuitable if a real-time feedback is needed.

Simon from UpRight Avenue

Simply the best home automation toolset

setting up home/office integrations that remove interruptions from the working day.

Pros

A wider range of connectors than anywhere else, and the simplest way to create most triggered actions. IFTTT pro now allows multi-step actions which would address most of the issues I had earlier.

Cons

being able to link to multiple accounts for triggers and actions would give me everything I really need from this now.

Reasons for Choosing IFTTT

I use both, one for business workflows and the other for IoT automation

Stringify ceased to exist

Gilles from Ablaze Growth Studio

Idea is great, UX is great - if only know it would work regularly

Pros

The simplicity of it. When applied well, automation can make your life radically more efficient - both in a professional and personal context. IFTTT presents these possibilities to users in a simple and easy to understand way. You can select existing automation flows by just selecting tiles and flipping a switch.

Cons

I've set up multiple automation flows with IFTTT over the last few years but none of them have run more than a couple of weeks, for the simple reason that they didn't work or didn't work consistently. The idea of automation is that things you need to happen, happen automatically... every time. If that is not the case, you can't count on it and the whole idea kind of comes crumbling down. It's only as valuable as its reliability and that is just not good enough with IFTTT.

The Essential Smart Home Tool

Overall IFTTT is an essential part of anyone's smart home. Our current devices are very limited to what actions they can execute, but with IFTTT your entire smart home comes together with more unison. It makes the smart home experience flow more smoothly and you have access to hundreds of more features and triggers than if your smart home devices just worked independently of each other.

Pros

IFTTT is a necessary part of any smart home. This software gives you the ability to connect the services you use in your home like Eufy, Nest, Phillips, Smart Life, Google Assistant etc. You are able to easily create triggers that make other things happen. So if you say "I am home" you could trigger the lights, AC, and turn on the TV all with just one simple phrase. I love how easily it streamlines your smart home experience. One of the best features is just how many products it supports, there are hundreds of services that you can link to IFTTT so it is likely that the devices you use will be featured there.

Cons

I do wish that when a command could not properly be executed it notifies me either on my Google Assistant or on my phone. I also have had issues with some services not providing all of their features as triggers or actions, which can make actions more difficult to create.

Christos from JNBC

The best value-for-money automation platform

It is an awesome tool that has saved us enormous amount of time and has allowed us to automate huge part of our day-to-day tasks

Pros

With IFTTT "recipes" we were able to automate nearly 50% of our daily processes. From simultaneous posting to archiving (moving files in google drive) to logging (keep track of every change at a google spreadsheet) we were able to automate every repetitive task in our organization.

Cons

Sometimes the service stops working (ie when you change your password to any connected platform you need to re-autorize IFTTT) and it might take a while before you realise it.

Reasons for Choosing IFTTT

We actually use both. Zapier is more expensive so we you IFTTT for most of our repetitive tasks

Kristina from self

Industry: Graphic Design

Easy to use Social Media Management

I love this service and highly recommend it to anyone who is looking to schedule posts for their social media marketing.

Pros

I love how easy this is to setup and get started. There is a free version and a premium version. Both options have much to offer. The customer support is amazing and the website also offers tutorials on how best to use the service to maximize your scheduling.

Cons

I love the software but the only thing I dislike is the time zone difference. The creator and the program is set up in a different time zone, so you have to adjust your posts to schedule in the time zone that best works for you.

Reasons for Switching to IFTTT

IFTTT is better suited for the types of posts I would like to schedule and has algorithms built in to maximize your posts for better viewing.

Nathan from Dotcom Zambia

IFTTT - action automation with limitations

Pros

IFTTT is a great service that allows you to automate repetitive tasks without knowing how to code. It is really good at several things including: 1) Recipe Marketplace- If you are new to IFTTT you can easily get started with their marketplace of applets or Recipes. Using recipes (as they are called) you can easily connect services and begin to create new tasks. The good thing is that there are many different options. 2) Automatically posting Social posts - If you connect your social media networks, you can post from one site to the other automatically. So you could theoretically post from Twitter to Facebook and vice versa. Really good feature. 3) Home automation - most people will agree smart home automation is a mess but IFTTT bridges the gap allow you to connect different smart home devices to get almost true automation.

Cons

I feel like IFTTT actions do not always work, for example if you have a service running and you encounter an error, you have to delete the recipe and start all over. Some recipes are pointless, the quality in the marketplace really varies. You have to test before committing to any recipe. Have had instances where an Tweet is not shared to Facebook or vice versa but IFTTT says the recipe was run. There are instances where you do need to know a bit of coding to get create recipes that have a lot of triggers and in some cases even pay someone to get things done for you. For the most part its easy to get started but you may need to be a coder to create some complex recipes that have multiple tasks and triggers.

Kate from Alongside (Formerly Qimple)

If you find yourself repeatedly doing the same action - look into this.

Pros

Over the last couple of years, IFTTT has begun to focus a lot more on smart home automation - but there are still some really great triggers available. Using simple logic triggers you can make two different (or even the same) apps communicate and complete actions for you. There is a great user-generated base of ideas for things you can do with the application! It's a great place to start if you either aren't particularly comfortable with technology, or just want to explore what can be done. Some of my favourite actions are - sending me a text when it's supposed to rain or snow the next day. Sending a text with a quote of the day. When I clap for an article on Medium - it will pin the article to a board on Pinterest. Tweet instagram photos with a particular hashtag. Sync your profile picture on Facebook and Instagram. The list goes on. There are also "Buttons" which are manually triggered actions, where you can have an icon available on your phones home screen to - for example - text your partner that you are on your way home. Love it - couldn't live without it.

Cons

Zapier has begun overtaking it in the volume of apps available to integrate with. But - if you have a smart home, or multiple smart-devices - IFTTT will be a valuable tool for you.

Jason from Need Tile Installed?

Settings Apps Leave Out

Overall IFTTT has been a pleasure to use with ease and has provided ma with many useful applets. The best thing is they provide updates every so often loaded with new applets.

Pros

Using IFTTT will bring a new outlook to the apps you use each and everyday. Ever wished that two apps were compatible and linked to each other well guess what wishes come true. IFTTT is packed full of applets that connect different services and connections together but you can also make your own custom applets. The process is pretty easy to understand and use even for the average tech user. The biggest plus is that its safe to use unlike many of the services offered nowdays.

Cons

The only con I have experienced in my use of IFTTT is that I will connect my services, connections, or devices then select my applet and options. Well somtimes during the running of the applet it will just close for no reason, no error nothing. I have researched for an answer but so far have not had any luck finding a solution.

Jerry from RE/MAX Executive Group, Inc.

Great for the basics

I love it. I am a huge fan of backing up things. I am also on the go and the links help me keep things logged that I can go back to revisit if I forget when I did something.

Pros

I like that many of the options are already built in. It saves a great deal of time from having to reinvent the wheel. There were even some set up that I would have not thought of on my own, but turned out to be quite handy.

Cons

It works for simple tasks, but as I got into needing more steps and some more difficult links, it was not as easy to use.

Chris from Nethermore

Industry: Music

Streamline and Integration

It's been a great time saver automating redundant tasks to free up time for non-mundane tasks.

Pros

IFTTT is a pretty awesome app that allows you to custom chain apps or functionalities to improve user experience. The app is integrated with all of your favourite software so it is one of the most relevant add-ons you can get. Your options are truly limitless as you bolt together manual functions and speed them up through automation. With the app you can: Use your phone's location to trigger your lights to turn on when you get home Take a screenshot of your phone's desktop and have it automatically upload to a folder on your favourite cloud like Google Drive, Drop Box, or One Drive. Use it with Microsoft Power apps to take advantage of its integration with SharePoint to update a field, or add a line to a spreadsheet Truly the options are limitless

Cons

You can't chain together multiple IFTTT statements or at least I'm yet to figure out how to....and the software seems limited for users to some predetermined functionality that is allowed. So, not all of the features of your favourite apps are necessarily integrated into IFTTT - so you need to do some research before buying an app of your intention is to chain it with IFTTT to another process.

Craig

Automation for Everyone But Has Its Limits

Pros

IFTTT brings free automation/integrations to a huge variety of apps and offers a pretty straightforward user interface to do it, which makes it a great way for anyone to start using automation. One of the key benefits it has over some other popular automation platforms (aside from being free) is that it has a fully featured, native mobile apps for iOS and Google Play, and even the super helpful Apple Watch app. The big standouts benefits for me are the ability to work with iPhone stock apps in a direct manner, and the extensive list of supported home automation services, which many alternative platforms don't include.

Cons

IFTTT is better for home and lifestyle use than business use. It lacks support for a lot of enterprise software systems, and the ones it does support have fairly thin offerings for pre-built integrations/automations. The service, while free, also has been known to go out more frequently (and for extended periods of time) so it's not great for critical applications. The other big limitation is that IFTTT supports one-step automations, but anything needing conditional input or multiple steps can't be done directly in the app (although more savvy users can connect it to other apps to simulate that type of workflow).

Sean from Century21 Reilly Realtors

IFTTT is key to my Social Media strategy

I have been using the app since 2016 and have loved how much I can do with it. Not only is it an app that helps my social media strategy out but also keeps me organized. It’s really a set it and forget it platform. If anything, try it out for yourself. That’s what I did and haven’t looked back since.

Pros

There are so many options to link info between social media platforms as well as others apps/programs to keep me updated

Cons

Some platforms make you re-initiate their service and you have to log back in to reactive. This can cause miss posts, but it is an easy fix to log into the app and turn it back on to work again.

Price and ease of use.

Skyler from Skyler Brady Photography

Industry: Photography

IFTTT is simply the best!

Outstanding! I use it for both business and personal applications. It's been a lifesaver over the years!

Pros

IFTTT is basically a free version of Zapier for the everyday user. It allows us to integrate multiple software solutions/platforms to conduct business processes automatically, saving us tons of time and money.

Cons

Honestly, I have never had a single issue with IFTTT. The platform is easy to use, simple to set up, integrates with tons of different software solutions, and it's free!

Do things with your other things that those things don't do on their own

IFTTT is an essential tool for me. I use it to turn my lights on and off. I have a custom bedtime scene for my son that is triggered by "Goodnight [Son's Name]" that we use every single night. And it also improved my experience with Todoists subpar Google Assistant functionality. I couldn't do any of these things so easily without it.

Pros

A great way to automate simple tasks, and extend the functionality of other products you own to do things they don't do on their own. For example, add custom commands to Google Assistant. Add even more smarts to your smart lighting. Post daily exchange rates to a Slack channel. Those are some of the things I use IFTTT for on literally a daily basis.

Cons

Creating your own custom integrations is very clunky. I usually don't want to use someone else's premade integration. And I don't create new ones often enough to remember how I did it the last time. But every single time I find I have to hunt on the site for a few minutes to find the button to click to start a new integration from scratch. Why is this not the default landing page? I believe it used to be.

Kate from Alongside (Formerly Qimple)

Long time user, one of my favourite apps.

I'm able to save time and more importantly brain power by automating some of the more mundane and redundant tasks from my day to day using this awesome app.

Pros

I have been using IFTTT since shortly after it launched many years ago. It's a really powerful piece of software, connecting and automating your life beautifully. In recent years they have published more connections for smart homes, and this is where they really excel, though there are still a full plethora of apps available to connect with powerful triggers, tokens and variables. They have also done an amazing job of making it accessible to setup up, easy for just about anyone to understand.

Cons

If I could change one thing, it would be to allow a service to connect to more than one account. Sometimes this is incredibly limiting.

Gary from Alexander County Government/EDC

This app can automate your life!

This is one of the coolest apps I've ever tried, because it can totally automate a lot of things in your work and personal life. Give it a try, you'll be amazed.

Pros

You can use IFTTT (If This Then That) via web or app. I mainly use the Android app, and it works great. There are literally thousands of "recipes" that you can use to cook up some great automation. Examples include creating a daily Google Sheet of the temperature that day, disabling Wi-Fi and bluetooth when your phone battery gets low, etc. You can either use existing "recipes" that others have created, or you can create your own. Very handy app!

Cons

Sometimes the possibilities seem a little daunting to me, but you just need to use what you understand and need. Don't let it overwhelm you.

Good product for some use cases, not for others

Pros

It's very beginner's friendly, and you can set up an automation in an intuitive way with no prior experience.

Cons

It's not very open to changes, and has a pretty limited amount of services and integrations compared to alternatives like Zapier and Integromat.

Erick from GESUAS

It used to be better but remains great

IFTTT is a cornerstone of my digital life. It automates my music listening habits at the same time it make my work easier. As Brazilian, sometimes I have to appeal to Brazilian alternatives due to specific apps unsupported by it, but I still love the whole idea and execution of IFTTT.

Pros

IFTTT automates boring stuff from leisure and home to study and work. A whole world of integrations.

Sean from University Of Malta

Simple and quick

IFTTT is a great introduction to the idea of using automation to really improve your day-to-day productivity and is worth trying for anyone just getting started with this concept without having to pay anything.

Pros

It is exceptionally easy to set something up, and ther vast number of examples serve as very good inspiration. There is an ever-growing number of services that it supports. You can get a lot done at no cost.

Cons

The actions themselves are quite limited compared to alternatives. There is a notable lag with some triggers, which to be fair, is made clear by the app itself, but this still makes it unusable for those situations where real-time updates are required.

Gabriel from Commonwealth Casualty Company

Amazing program!

IFTTT works in so many ways that it's possibilities are endless. From working with Salesforce, Google devices, Smart Home systems and other software you can easily perform 1 command/task and it will initiate another task to essentially get 2 birds with 1 stone. Definitely one of the best products for home and business

Pros

I love how IFTTT works with SO many different systems. I am all about automating processes as much as possible and IFTTT works great to make routines so simple

Cons

I wish that I could use 1 command to do multiple tasks. With IFTTT you can only automate 1 task but it is possible to make 1 command do other tasks with the same command but it is a tedious process

Alan from We are Panda (trading as Bunkr

Automate your socials & more

We have not only kept our less popular social accounts active - but certain automated services have been so popular that the automated, but useful (not spam) social accounts have grown their engaged followers by over 300% - without any input from us

Pros

IFTTT allows you to easily links different social accounts, software and services to set up useful automated services. It's easy to use and has allowed us to keep many social network accounts active without having to manually login every day.

Cons

It would be great if there was an agency account - rather than having to create lots of separate logins.

Reasons for Choosing IFTTT

It's free and has loads of attached services

Tomasz from Stage 32 (stage32.com)

I could write this review, or I could probably get IFTTT to do it for me. :)

Pros

I'd want to say that I've been using IFTTT before anyone else knew about it. Okay, maybe not "anyone", but I've been using it since they only had a few channels, and thought it was the best thing ever. I know there are now different competitors out there that charge you for usage, but IFTTT is the O.G. of the task automation and linking up actions of the Internet of Things (IOT). Super easy to configure, and possibilities are endless.

Cons

I've had some issues with IFTTT that the trigger wouldn't fire properly, but it's hard to pinpoint it to the software when it could be the case of hardware (in this case blink1).

Very useful for adding functionality to my mobile devices and apps

Pros

Automatically notifies me when there is any change made to any of my shared calendars Automatically notifies me when an Alexa timer goes off, when I'm in another room in the house Automatically sends me an email if it is going to rain tomorrow Automatically gives me a notification at 6am every day with the weather report Automatically gives me a notification if my CO or Smoke detectors detect an alarm situation Very easy to use and setup

Cons

I wish there were even more "canned" templates, as they are much easier to use than creating your own custom templates (although it is possible to do that as well).

Mustafa from Education

Your Own Personal Secretary

I have my personal secretary using this tool in my pocket, running on its own in the background, making my life easier.

Pros

It's easy to set up and use, and once you do, its automation is the most powerful out there. Any two things you want to link together can be done using this tool. Emails, notes, messages, home control, ordering a taxi, setting up alarms and reminders...you name it.

Cons

If the link you want is not already created in their available library, you need to set it up yourself, which can be tricky sometimes. Creating loops is possible, which can accumulate junk email in your inbox for instance.

Rob from Ashwood Therapy

Very useful for office automation

IFTTT has helped to to ensure that my office is automated to suit me and my clients. I have smart plugs set which, when used with IFTTT, help to start heaters to warm my office for work when I am nearly home, making sure that I am comfortable and have less to do manually when i get back.

Pros

I like the ability to link IFTTT with other, real-world events (such as the time of the sun setting), as I can then automate my office to behave in the way I want it to without lifting a finger.

Cons

Sometimes some of the 'triggers' take a little to work (for example, sometimes my office lamp comes on 10 minutes or so after sunset, which is a pain).

Rob from Clarita Solutions

I've been using IFTTT to automate my life

Overall, I've been using IFTTT for many years. I even pay the monthly fee for the Pro features. I got in early and set my own price of $2.00 per month. While it's not my favourite automation software, it holds a special spot in my heart as I've been using it for so long.

Pros

What I like most about IFTTT is the ease of use. The interface has always been simple. If this, then that. That's all there is to it.

Cons

For years, I disliked that the fact that there could only be one action after a trigger. However, they recently changed that. Though it's still not as full featured as other automation software such as Microsoft Power Automate.

Great!

Pros

Love this app. There are so many apps available to use in your applets and they seem to constantly add new ones. Also like that we have the choice of copying applets made by others, copying and then modifying those made by others, or building our own from scratch.

Cons

Would like a faster/more structured way to browse applets that others have made. Would also like to be able to get some kind of feedback/tips/help to figure out why some applets don’t seem to work or stopped working. Maybe that’s just a matter of a brief note or tip published by the creator (or anyone?) on the applet details page.

The Gateway app for Automation

Pros

Although IFTTT is the most basic automation platform, the simple UI offers benefits that other apps can’t. - Picking the pre-made triggers is easiest on this platform. - it’s like, shopping for automations - simple UI offers automation ideas that you haven’t thought of Integrates with other Automation tools (Drafts5 & Workflow) to complete advanced automations

Cons

None. But, actions/triggers are limited to whatever is available by the software companies. So, can’t customize with additional coding, like zapier’s formatter. But I’m not a programmer and can barely write JavaScript

Integrate Everyting

While there could be more functionality, the options that are available in IFTTT are vast and allow for so many integrations between different software and programs.

Pros

IFTTT makes it easy to integrate different services. I use it to integrate google sheets with a IFTTT applet on my iPhone. It allows me to just click a button to log a timestamp for my work hours.

Cons

It would be nice if there was a little more customizability with the services in IFTTT. I have the Phillips Hue lights and I've found that the options in IFTTT are limited.

IFTTT automating those mundane activities in your life

My experience with IFTTT has been great. I am able to automate tasks in my life making life a bit less hectic. I get a message when the meat in the fridge is running low so I know to make a purchase. Its so much more convenient.

Pros

Now this app has allowed me to see the Internet of things coming to life in my daily life. Connecting devices is something you can do quite easily with this app. It makes your life just more convenient. Like you can integrate your fit bit to you kettle such that as soon as you wake up, your kettle boils water for your coffee. It automates daily mundane tasks among others and its free.

Cons

We could not create multi-step functions. Maybe this is based on our own lack of skills but enquiring with others it seems this is not possible. If they could allow multi-step processes this would just make the software perfect.

Kevin from SpringAhead

Fantastic automation solution

Pros

IFTTT has integrations with pretty much any service you can think of and facilitates setting up chained actions. "If I get a Gmail email then send X to this other service". It can deal with home automation solutions or pure SaaS products as well. Overall IFTTT has saved me a significant amount of time in manual processes that I've automated with it.

Cons

IFTTT could beef up some of their debugging and troubleshooting options - when a given flow isn't working it's not always obvious at first why your flow is failing.

Deepak from Vistaran Techtronix Pct. Ltd.

Automation in Your Finger Tip

In my 6 years of digital marketing experience, I have come across different automation tools but IFTTT holds its place in my list because this was the first tool that made my work easy and automated. I just love creating new automation recipes to track and post my and other's works. Its integration with Google products is really productive and I'm really a big fan of Google Sheet and all Drive products.

Pros

Basically, I am from a technical background and I love If Else statement they have used for creating automation recipes. By creating and connecting your accounts you can automate almost anything using IFTTT and the integration list is getting bigger and bigger day by day.

Cons

There are some bugs still existing like few days back I wanted to post something from my feed to a specific Facebook page but the system was not allowing me to choose my desired page to create the recipe. Otherwise, I'm a regular user of IFTTT.

Guido from Dafiti Argentina

This recipes are unlimited

I use IFTTT to wake up everyday. It starts my lights, music and coffeemaker so it's easier for me.

Pros

IFTTT started a few years ago a movement supporting the Internet of Things and never stopped. It has a lot of recipes already created to work with more than 200 devices and apps. Also, you can create and customise yours. Is one of the best apps on the market (not only of it's category).

Andrés from Blanko SRL

Industry: Packaging and Containers

If this, then that. So simple.

I use IFTTT to make my home and office smart. Lights, AC, coffee maker and blind sheets are set up on this amazing app.

Pros

IFTTT was one of the first apps that really amused me. It lets you connect with over 700 services and devices and the creations are limitless. The community is really big, so you can learn and copy from others. It's better than Shortcuts.app from Apple.

Cons

iOS is a close system, so IFTTT have limits. That's the only "bad" thing Im going to say about this amazing software.

Victor from Independent Consultant

Industry: Think Tanks

IFTT Opens up a world of amazing integrations

Pros

This is the single best and most important application I have running on my cell phone other than slack. Some examples of configurations I have are for logging inbound and outbound calls to my calendar, turning on WiFi when I arrive home (using geofencing), and for finding my phone. I've started developing some of my one logic for it as well (not done yet), but it is so far reasonable to do and reminds me very much of serverless application development.

Cons

Running the iOS app on iPad is ridiculous -- it treats the whole (giant) screen like a huge iPhone. They really could have done that better. Works great on multiple Android phones.

4 star for non complete features for IOS

Pros

Let me start with the abbreviation, it means "if this then that" for those who did not figure that out by now. I use the app to keep record of my daily visit to different places. The program keep recording when I entered to specific areas on map and exited. This is very handy tool to calculate how much time you spend at specific time. I also use it to get notifications whenever top apps on Itues gets discounts.

Cons

There is one major flaw with the app which is not really apps fault. iPhones are bit restrictive by nature. So you can't really control everything with this program such as screen brightness or volume control.

IFTTT Does It All!

Pros

I have used IFTTT for personal and business purposes. There are so many useful integration options that help you save so much time with social media management. I have all of my business social media integrated with my Instagram, so when I post there, it posts everywhere! The integrations are so easy to set up for almost anything.

Cons

I don't have a single complaint. IFTTT offers great service and customer service.

Jan

Automation in your service. Search no more!

Pros

It makes your life much more easy - you connect services and then you make simple rules that works for you. For example: IF you post status update on facebook IFTTT can automaticly post it on your facebook. Trigger and action can be almost anything - call, sms, email and so on. Definitely worth checking!

Cons

For my biggest problem is that you can only do one thing at a time. If one trigger could run more actions it would be perfect!

A nice an easy way to create automations

It is a nice way to connect to APIs without any programming knowledge.

Pros

Cons

There are less supported triggers (or APIs) supported than other similar products. The developer licence is also a bit expensive.

A great tool for maximizing impact with little cost

My experience with IFTTT was very positive and I think it's a super clever idea that was also well-executed.

Pros

I love how practical the IFTTT application is. They make it very easy to figure out how the tool can help you, and then the configuration process is quite simple as well. There are really limitless applications that you can use it for across all industries.

Cons

There are some limitations with IFTTT when it comes to max limits and integrations with different apps.

One of the coolest tools around.

Pros

This little tool lets you create so many awesome workflows for you to automate so many different things. I use it to turn my lights on at a specific time to a specific percentage of power, warn me if it's gonna rain the next day, and send a text to wife when I leave work. Really anything you can think of IFTTT can create an integration.

I love IFTTT

Pros

IFTTT, especially recently, has added so many integrations to things, making it easy to connect the most random things together. Even if an integration doesn’t exist, IFTTT supports web hooks, which is super easy for programming your own connectors.

Cons

IFTTT integration with Alexa is somewhat lacking. This is somewhat understandable though, due to the complexity of the Alexa system.

Karim from Shop Under

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

If THIS then THAT is essential for any work environment or industry

Pros

Much like Zapier, IFTTT allows you to automate any recurring tasks in a flash. From file conversion to data extraction, the domino effect provided by IFTTT will reduce your workload and increase your precision and efficiency.

Cons

There are fewer automation options available than with Zapier, it is a bit more complicated to build your own ones.

The best tool to automate social media and other processes

Pros

I highly recommend using IFTTT to anyone who wants to automate different processes of their work. It has plethora of applets, you can build one yourself as per your requirements.

Cons

It can have more features especially related to social media sites like Twitter and Facebook. Also SMS integrations can be improved.

Fernando from Hashtag700

Automate all the things!

IFTTT gives the facility to use recipes already made by other users and also the ability to create your own recipes depending on your needs. It has a wide support for almost any popular web application on the Internet, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Buffer, and many more! I'm using IFTTT to automate these social media accounts for my Start-up and is working synchronously without any effort!

Pros

Huge array of services (channels) that can integrate with this platform, with lots of example 'recipes' from the community to inspire ideas. Allows integration between two or more different services with ease without the need for any programming knowledge or similar in a 'set and forget' style way. And maybe the best of all is that it's mostly free to use.

Cons

Some recipes are no longer working, most of the times because the services integrated changed something and it kinda takes some time for ifttt to be aware of this and remove the recipe.

November 2015

Carrie from Jaxzen Marketing Strategies

November 2015

Set it and Forget it

IFTTT recipes allow me to focus on my work rather than constantly check this or that or write myself a reminder to do x later. I use IFTTT for business and personal things and it keeps me productive and on-task while IFTTT does the work in the background.

Pros

TONS of apps available for recipes! I've been using IFTTT for about three years or so, and the app keeps growing and offering more options for users. They make it easy to set up by taking you step by step through the recipe creation process and even recommend recipes based on what's trending, what other recipes you've created, etc. I periodically receive an email from IFTTT with new recipe suggestions. Always new and creative ones!

Cons

If you're not careful, you can get lost in the rabbit hole of IFTTT recipes because there are so many! So this isn't actually a bad thing, but remember this app is to help you stay productive, so keep that in mind while browsing recipes.

Staci

I love IFTTT - when it works

Pros

Cons

Occasionally just stops an applet for no apparent reason. Also, I know all services can't be included, but it's usefulness was diminished for me when Etsy was removed.

Doug from Angus

Industry: Oil & Energy

IFTTT is needed

If you are new to automation than IFTTT is where you need to begin for sure.

Pros

If you are looking to do more than just what your automation items can do out of the box and you are just getting started, than IFTTT is what you need to begin with.

Cons

I wish IFTTT had multiple IF statements and multiple THAN THAT statements. It can be pretty limited for anythign more complex than basic statements.

Andrew from BambooHR

My favorite tool out there

Pros

There are so many possiblities with IFTTT! I use it for so many automation tools to make things do tasks on their own. I use it in my personal life and for work. Anyone with any home automation this is a must have! There are so many integrations with different tools and software.

Cons

There are a few suggestions I'd like implemented at some point. For example with different applets I've made I'd like to group them together and have the ability to turn the applet groups off as a group rather than having to turn off each applet individually.