• Pros

• "Nice clean interface, simple dashboard that is user friendly. Easy to sign up and use immediately "

• "As someone who runs ppc ads, this tool is useful for extracting data from websites that can then be deployed as keywords"

• "The user-interface was easy to navigate. A certain website, such as a Forum with multiple pages don't work with the tool, but some websites do. "

• Cons

• "I personally think this software is quite expensive - and recently became more so "

• "Some workflows could have better UI: sometimes there can be a lot of clicking for repetitive and simple tasks, especially on websites with many pages."

• "I wish products from other for collecting/using data were as good, and that I still had projects that used this excellence product."

Browse Import.io Reviews

Lots of power for non-programmers and friendly pricing

Pros

Import.io gives you the ability to generate custom data through web scraping. Trying to do this with open source tools is possible, but not easy. Import.io makes it much easier if you're not a programmer or sysadmin, and the pricing is reasonable.

September 2016

Zakir from Better

September 2016

Great app By Import.io

Import.io is great app for data extracting, you can turn web page into data within minute and very simple to learn no need to go anywhere when using import.io

Avoid Import.io

Pros

It's a good tool and has successfully built a product that can easily collect data with just a few clicks.

Cons

They have changed their terms and are now claiming overuse - despite the fact there used to be an account query limit that prevented you exceeding your plan. They have removed this limit, not updated any terms and conditions and have not notified their customer base in order to try and catch out users and hit them with a large 'overage fee' despite there being no mention of this anywhere on their website.

James from Consultant

The opportunities that Import.io opens up is immense

I first discovered and used Import.io back when they had a free desktop browser - this led me to working with Import.io across a number of projects, something that I wouldn't have been able to do without the free browser. It's a shame that this has gone, but I still can't fault the value behind the product these days.

Pros

- Powerful - there's more to just extraction these days, with manipulation and reporting - SO easy to get started with, with smart data extraction, there's a lot that can be done without REGEX or XPath - Scalable - Great support

Cons

- It's not affordable for the single user anymore

Nelson from Panther Robotics

Extracting data from website couldn't be easier

This saved me at minimum days of manual entry from websites. And that was for a small project. With a large extraction job this would be a life saver.

Pros

I set up a extractor to use for data analysis of URLs of many different groups and it was pretty easy to do. I had many contacts from the import.io team and good help. I also worked some on a web crawler. Eventually, I switched off to a different project where I didn't need this functionality, but it worked really well.

Floris from SFM

Never do business with them again

Pros

The reporting tool and the dashboard which gives you an overview.

Cons

It's extremely expensive compared to their competitors and their client service is -from my experience- bad. Also the way they try to extend a contract is not very 'client-friendly.'

Melissa from InitLive

It's an 'okay' tool, with the worst customer service

Pros

Cons

I would advise anyone with looking at this tool to think twice about purchasing and to read their Terms & Conditions very carefully. We tried to close our account ahead of the scheduled relapse date, and Import ignored our calls & messages until the relapse date had passed. When we finally got a hold of Import, their customer service person was not at all compassionate about the situation and refused to refund us.

Erin from University of Kansas

Great tool for what it does!

We found this to be a great tool for data mining and parsing specific information from websites. There's definitely a bit of a learning curve, but it got us exactly the info we needed in the format we wanted. We primarily used import.io in conjunction with a Twitter search engine app to compile structured data for searches based on specific hashtags, keywords, and usernames. It did a fine job. We did not have to contact customer support, but I did find online discussions to be useful enough to get what we needed.

Vincent from SchoolMouv

Good Scrapping Tool

A very easy scrapping tool for those who have no basic knowledge of code and programming. And it's free !

Rick from Trapdoor

Industry: Publishing

Useful Keyword Tool

Myra from InitLive

The WORST customer experience of my life!

Pros

You know, I really did like using the software in the beginning - it helped reduce a ton of time-consuming data collecting. But I now have serious regrets...

Cons

As soon as I had issues, there was ZERO help. They just defer your requests and hope that you'll give up. I did NOT want to renew, so I went to cancel my annual subscription a few weeks before it was supposed to renew. It turns out they require a minimum of 4 weeks notice to cancel! They refused to cancel my subscription and charged my credit card. I spoke to a salesperson and he was the rudest person I've ever spoken to - making false promises and never following up. So now we're stuck with this EXPENSIVE software for another year. If you're thinking about subscribing to their software, my advice is to stay far away!

Logan from MSS

Intuitive but Overpriced

Pros

Cons

Extremely overpriced for what you get. Import.io is designed to make them money, not be a useful service. And the terms and conditions are filled with hidden tricks- if you don't cancel 7 days earlier, they charge you again with not possibility to request a cancellation. No other data service is this starchy. You pay for your queries regardless of whether you use them or not. Most other services you "pay as you go". The pricing structure is designed to force you into paying for more, and keep paying. If you do not need your data for a specific month, you cannot put your account on pause. Meaning, as soon as you stop paying, all of your structured queries permanently disappear. I've started with ScrapeHero and I love it- 1/10th the price of import.io, clean, simple and if you aren't satisfied they refund you, not argue with you. In such a saturated field like data services, I'm surprised they are so structured and hostile. As we are expanding into running hundreds of thousands of queries monthly, I'm glad we did not get locked in with import.io.

July 2014

Nima from Bank of America

July 2014

Great data extraction tool

import.io is a good, relatively simple API creation tool. Their UI may not be the prettiest, but once you actually drill down into using the tool it can do some pretty powerful stuff. It's made my getting data to integrate so much quicker. The best thing about them though, is their amazing support team. They are always on hand to answer questions and point you in the right direction.

Robin from CAPTARGET

Great product. Easy to use and FAST!!

Speed

Pros

How quickly this product can scrape a page or multiple pages. competitors take hours, this takes minutes.

Cons

The fact that each sub-page costs a credit. It can quickly get expensive if you are extracting data from a number of sub-pages.

May 2015

Pascal from InStaff & Jobs GmbH

May 2015

Easy to use, but no support and many features missing

This software is very easy to use. But as soon as questions arise, you are totally on your own. The import.io team directly navigates you to and support forum without helping you. Sadly also a lot of features were missing, like scraping more than 15 items or parsing dates.