What are MicroStrategy Analytics users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using MicroStrategy Analytics software through verified user reviews

• icon"Good design, easy to use, development is really fast letting you select the data and object that you want to visualize and therefore just create a dashboard within seconds."
  • icon"Speed of the software when loading multiple dashboards are great once everything has been properly defined. Easy to update DWH and microstrategy connection."
  • icon"It has an immense amount of features, functionality, integrations, and plug-ins that can be used to better analyze data. It also has a strong analytical engine."
  • icon"You have to take the courses to develop correctly, otherwise you could make mistakes."
  • icon"Get small bugs that really trouble sometimes. Also, the customer support is not very robust."
  • icon"It generates wrong values for the query I used. I think I prefer another tool."

Browse all MicroStrategy Analytics Reviews

• Have you used MicroStrategy Analytics and would like to share your experience with others?

Abu Syed

The ideal software

Pros

When i first started to use MicroStrategy, i was skeptical. The reason behind my skepticism was the huge amount of features that they offer. Usually it bounds to make the quality go down. However,for this particular software,it didn't happen. It's a great experience that helped me move up the ladder in the short span of my career.

Cons

The software can be a little slow sometimes. Sometimes the scaling is not perfect. The slow learning curve is also an issue.

Nolan

MicroStrategy Analytics Reveiw

I analyze merchandise levels for a buying office for a very large retailer. We need to look at our data from every imaginable angle and my job would be impossible without MicroStrategy. One of the most useful tools within it is being able to look at product views, add to cart rate & conversion metrics, and compare to inventory levels.

Pros

As a merch analyst in a buying office, I need to create my own custom reporting I love how flexible MicroStrategy is in that regard. I have almost 20 custom dashboards saved that I can pull & export as needed, and share with the rest of my working group as well as other departments. You can drill down any metric as far as you want, or step back and get a great big picture view of things like sales, demand, styles sold etc. and when you export you can choose the format as well (excel & PDF are my most commonly used options)

Cons

The interface is very dated looking, I feel transported back to 1996 whenever I open up MicroStrategy. It really has no impact on using the product, but a more modern look would be appreciated.

March 2022

Great Tool For Making Analytics And Reporting

It is really really very good software where we can customise alot of stuff with single tool

Pros

This software is very easy to install and ready to use. It has complete full of great features to use. It is very good software for reporting and analysis and also it always produce actionable, insightful and informative .

Cons

The pricing is little expensive as comparison to others, need good amount of information .

Nelson

December 2021

One of the best Business Intelligence and Reporting Software

I use it everyday in my company to manage our data and create reports to evaluate the strengths of our strategies and understand what we can do to improve our business.

Pros

I have been using MicroStrategy for 5 years and have nothing but good to say about it. Very good reporting and data analytics platform, where I can obtain data from several sources and do my analysis. I like it because I can create a very powerful report, to present to my Team Leader.

Cons

The only thing it happens is when I am working with large sizes of data it becomes a little slow, but not much of a worry.

Mario

1.5

December 2015

MicroStrategy 10 is outstanding

Pros

The technology is great. Even though this is one of the legacy BI vendors, their technology has kept up with the newer vendors.

Cons

The support has been slow for the past year or so.

Bill

Next Version?

We use Microstrategy to create demonstration dashboards for our our analytics software. They have a fairly robust user community and they are getting better with each iteration. Beyond the way one has to manipulate the frames and maps, the software is powerful and useful for creating data visualization dashboards.

Pros

The software is easy to install and get up and running. It handles a wide variety of data types and has many options for displaying data. They now have a compilable version that lets developers hard code the dashboards to work with input software which is nice (although a little pricey for smaller applications).

Cons

The user interface was less than intuitive, development support was not strong, and some of the features do not respond as expected. Specifically, maps do not appear to scale properly - I wound up with a much larger map (the entire northern hemisphere) than wanted (the continental USA) and could never get them to display properly unless I removed the data element and started over. Setting up dashboard frames to fit various screen sizes is a little complicated. Setting up “reusable frames” was a little difficult to master, because of the sidebar configuration tools.

Solid BI tool for enterprise wide reporting but resource intensive (both cost and initial setup)

Pros

- Full of advanced features like data storage in MicroStrategy cubes for faster reporting times, advanced grouping and filtering, ability to write your own SQL in the backend, ability to customize using SDK interface - MicroStrategy Mobile is game changer. Great app and makes a solid impression on C-suite executives

Cons

- Initial setup takes time (If you compare with Tableau, etc, the setup of MicroStrategy is much more time intensive). Have to setup all attributes and measures beforehand.

Guy

March 2022

Great BI tool, should be learned first

Pros

I liked the schema and shared objects. The way that you can get to the inside of the SQL code and understand how things work is great

Cons

I studied the competition to see if this product was up to the other BI leaders (gartner).

you can set different user roles and levels easily. I was able to advise on this product

Pros

It works with the main Operative System, it doesn't need a expensive hardware to run. Excellent training program (not too expensive). It is easy to automate the sending of reports to user lists (great the report tool too because allow you to switch from a table to a chart in real time). It is a web based solution so it is accessible from any device from anywhere. generally user friendly because it helps the user to create the data cloud without having a thorough technical knowledge of SQL or programming. It is compatible with most data sources with connectors. An important and unique feature is that of being able to insert comments, note and share the analysis.

Cons

It takes a long time to configure the software the first time (installation and connection to server). Old-fashioned design, the Desktop environment can be a bit more intuitive and quick. Has a licensing system that is a bit too complicated. It should be improved data export functionality.

Josh

April 2022

MicroStrategy Analytics is Great

Pros

It is a professional tool that helps bring to light analytics.

Cons

It is more expensive than competitors in the field.

Ankit

Platform to evaluate BI into a single tool

Pros

In our organization we're using this tool to perform ETL by cleansing and organizing the structured and non-structured data and creating visualization reports out of it

Cons

This tool does gets slow in performing various functions as huge datasets enter into the system, but I hope this can be improved in the future.

Hasin

Industry: Research

A good BI solution for big data work

- Allowed me to query big data

Pros

Microstrategy has the ability to integrate with multiple data sources across the board from all channels of your companies data streams.

Cons

It is definitely not as easy to learn as tableu. The learning curve is a little steep but people switching from tableau should face couple of weeks of challenges.

Simon

July 2016

Todd

What can't Microstrategy do?

I started using Microstrategy from day 1 at my job and I loved the ease of being able to drag and drop different data points onto a dossier. That was just so amazing. I learned the ins and outs and actually moved my way onto the Microstrategy Team to help develop it and bring it to more people.

Pros

The thing that I like most about this software is the ability that it has to bring in multiple different sources, from multiple different data types and allow the user to use them and present them in a way that is easily understandable. For example on my day to day job I work with excel files, data warehouse queries, and other kinds of data. I am easily with in a couple of minutes able to put all these different data types into one dossier for easy view and consumption for anyone in my business with a Microstrategy License.

Cons

There are a couple things that I don't like about Microstrategy. There are somethings that seem like they should have been there the whole time, for example if I wanted to look at trends over day, month, or week previously I would not be able to do that without creating a workaround for it. They are coming out with a release soon that will make that possible and easy to accomplish. I just feel like it should have been ther from the beginning

Greate performance kind of expensive

It is a really useful tool and love the way you can customize a lot of stuff. Also the way they manage the creation of dimensions and metrics. One thing to keep in mind is the manage of the historical changes, it can be a mess

Pros

It really have a lot of features and customization you can make. From metrics level and aggregations to web plugins.

Cons

The pricing, it is really expensive if in the organization doesn't use it really often. Need a really good server for grand amount of information

Eduardo

Easy to use and very appealing interface

We have a reliable and appealing platform to report our daily results. MicroStrategy also allow to implement changes and add new data and objects in a matter of minutes into our production platform.

Pros

It is faster to implement and do not require too much customization. Most of the widgets and features are ready to use. The admin and user interfaces are intuitive and they do not generate errors or bugs during installation or heavy use by the end users. Very stable and reliable platform.

Cons

Price. They initial investment is higher comparing to another bundle software (Power BI, Tableau). However, the extra licensing is not very expensive since we can pay by active user. There is also a free end-user product (Desktop) that is focus on analytic end-users that do not require to modify objects but accessing dashboards and reports.

Mário

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Lots of functionalities. We have more than 10 year for 100 users

Reports to stackholders. Reports to clients.

Pros

Versatile - Dashboard, charts and lists: analyze from a more macro perspective or go to the line detail • Flexible - Receive reports by email and create alerts (datamining). Use dynamic filters or create your own personal analysis online • Available - access via Web, Office andMobile New ways to explore data (Dashboards) Tailor made reports with scheduled deliveries Ability to provide customers with OnLine access to Reports and Dashboards Crossing information from multiple Base Data + creation of new InHouse objects New ways to explore data (Visual Insight, Dashboards, Drills) Accessing OnTheGo Information via Mobile Fast + information + dynamic

Cons

Sometimes is not an easy learning curve.

Felix

Leader in BI tools

My company previously used tableau as our BI tools. Tableau is impressive in building nice and interactive visualization but not so much on keeping the structure of the data which can lead to data integrity issues. Microstrategy in the beginning was behind in visualization but over time the development has improved significantly in many areas. With microstrategy, the final product can be fully trusted and consistent across the board.

Pros

Evolving periodically for better. Really good in maintaining data structures and hierarchy to ensure data integrity and consistency Capable to do almost anything that other competitors have. Hyper intelligence is a game changer in BI world.

Cons

1. Setup can be complicated and difficult since involved many parties (driver vendor, database vendor, etc) due to compatibility issues. 2. Prefer inner join, less support for outer join. 3. Relationship and data structures development can take lots of time and thought.

Sri Ramani

MicroStrategy tool was helpful for me providing daily, monthly, and quarterly reporting to directo

Easy sending

Pros

Scalable MicroStrategy was a helpful tool for providing daily, monthly, and quarterly reporting due to the ability to build automated reports that can be sent to large groups of people using distribution lists.,data from multiple SOR sources in the organization helped in monitoring our SLA management. security features to allow the report to be used by multiple roles and levelsMobile functionality

Cons

users not having ability to make changes to metrics and attributes without having to rely to heavily on MicroStrategy developers, it would make the product a great dea and more useful.

Pierre

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Great tool

Hello, Microstrategy is a great tool for Business Intelligence. Many years after the beginning of the company, they knew how to follow up their product. Best product in terms of self-service bi, vizualization, reporting and scalability ! We've tested a lot of reporting tools ( BO, Qkvw, Tableau, Oracle) but none of them are better on the full list of functionalities of Microstrategy.

Pros

Number of functionnalities compared to challenger

Cons

Before the v10, Microstrategy was late on specific topics but now they did the good investment for the future.

Nathan

My company utilized MicroStrategy to provide Automotive Dealers with reporting dashboards.

Pros

The reliability was key. We had to refresh data weekly for over 2,000 dealerships and had many thousands of users, so it was important the dashboards were working 100% of the time.

Cons

It was difficult for our team to make updates to the dashboards when requested by our clients. Also, custom reports were a bit dofficult to create and schedule. Still a good reporting product, though, and a great value for the money because you can display all sorts of data in different ways (bar chart, pie chart, trend lines).

In-depth Product, Great for Enterprise, Too Heavy for Small Business

Overall it's a great tool, and is best served in a large organization when you can spend time setting up an in-depth project. I have used most major components of the tool for business intelligence and reporting projects at large organizations and the users have been satisfied. For a small or medium sized business who does not have time to invest heavily in the infrastructure, I would recommend a "lighter" program.

Pros

It has an immense amount of features, functionality, integrations, and plug-ins that can be used to better analyze data. It also has a strong analytical engine. It covers just about every need for enterprise business intelligence.

Cons

It is a heavy platform to setup, requiring dedicated servers, and in-depth knowledge on the application itself. It is not easy to architect a project without having specific training of the tool. It is fairly complex for developers.

Great reporting and analytics tool!

Pros

The dashboards and reports that MicroStrategies is able to produce are beautiful, insightful, actionable, and informative. We have been using them for portfolio management and production reporting for several years and are pretty happy.

Cons

The setup can be cumbersome and the software did take awhile to learn. It's not incredibly intuitive like some of the programs I have used in the past, but the results are worth the efforts.

An Intuitive BI Tool For Building And Deploying Powerful Analytics

MicroStrategy has been very helpful BI reporting tool in the Enterprise Data Warehousing project, due to its features like scalability, data discovery, transnational speed and high availability of data connectors. It makes the generation of weekly/monthly reports and personalized dashboards simpler by offering powerful out-of-the-box customizable reports and ability to leverage visualizations such as Bar Charts, Pie Charts, Histograms, Scatter Plots, Gantt Charts, Treemaps, Geospatial Visualizations etc.

Pros

In the Enterprise-wide complex Data Warehouse, MicroStragety reporting tool can connect to to the various data sources, may those be Relational or Non-relational and Cloud Systems too. This enables the overall architecture to import/export the data to/from them. The high availability of data connectors is the most helpful feature of the product.

Cons

The traditional reporting functionality needs little improvisation so that end users will be able to view the reports in the transitional/basic formats as per their requirement. The reports may also need to be broken down to requested granularity by business end users.

Saurabh

Microstrategy

Its pretty easy and compatible product to learn and my client used it extensively for Reporting and Dashboard

Pros

Excellent User Interface Lot of Drag and Drop features so new Users can learn this pretty easily Lot of default virtualization and dashboards are present

Cons

Data cache memory is not large enough to hold terabytes of data Join across different databases is not straighforward

MicroStrategy Analytics