What are Minitab users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Minitab software through verified user reviews

• icon"One of the best analysis application I ever used. Awesome data analysis outputs with well understandable manner of presentation."
  • icon"It's easy to use ,it's user friendly , customer service is good,you can analyse your data graphically, precise import of data."
  • icon"Excellent analysis is made easier with this tool. Very versatile and easy to use for a variety of applications."
  • icon"I think the only trouble that I found was the fact that there are a few features missing that are on excel."
  • icon"3D plots needed to be developed more and another issue is it is quiet difficult to deal with entering metrices."
  • icon"The lack of wizard if you dont understand the tests thst you need to use to serve your purpose."

Browse all Minitab Reviews

• Have you used Minitab and would like to share your experience with others?

Joe

Good product

Kawsar

Very easy statsitics softwares

Very good software and very worth of money. Highly reccomend it.

Pros

Most of the statistics software is burdened with instructions and how to use each tool. But Minitab 19 will get rid of that issue. You just need the software and the name of each tool. Virtually you will be able to do all analyses. No expertise is necessary to use the software. Just a basic knowledge of statistics is sufficient.

Cons

I do not see any drawback. Is supperior one compared to the similar software. It would be convnient if can be used online.

Siew Kheong

One of the statistical analysis software that I used every week

Overall my experience with Minitab is very positive. It helps me to perform my job more efficiently as data driven conclusion or reports are very well accepted by many people especially management.

Pros

I like Minitab for its easy navigation and the layout or its dashboard information. Analysis reports are being summarized very neat and helping users to understand what the data is telling easily.

Cons

Online licensing is the least that I like about this software. Currently I am using online license which means I have to be online to use Minitab which is very inconvenient for me.

Reasons for switching to Minitab

Company policy. Currently company is using two statistical software resulting from merging with another company.

Travis

Minitab 21 Review

Pros

The tools and assistants built into Minitab make it easy for even a novice statistician to get meaningful results. Help topics and examples are plentiful with the option to explore the theory behind the recommended tests through supporting topics. The integration with Microsoft Word makes creating a more polished looking report seamless.

Cons

There doesn't seem to be a means to save user preferences for the appearance of diagrams. Each new file starts with the same default settings. For example, if I don't want an x-axis label on a time-series plot because it is implied in the title, I need to turn this off each time a new plot is generated.

Huy

Good tools for researchers, analyst

We have been using this software for more than 10 years in the company. It very helpful for our improvement projects. However, that was not easy when we think to use the output from Minitab to apply in our manufacturing information system or think how to apply the advantage of Minitab to our big-data.

Pros

- Very common tool and that can be used for root cause analysis, problem solver and especially in the project needs to work with data (6 Sigma projects) - The guideline and assistance function in the tool is quite helpful for the beginner - Customer support is great as you can call, email and they can work out with you for the solution quickly. - The output/report makes sense with all logic and statistics result

Cons

- The learning curve is quite long, needs to invest both time/money to know how to use the tool efficiently - The graph/report output is not perfect and sometimes it requires time to make it up - Big gap to integrate with other systems, meaning you only use this offline, no options to interface with other databases. That also shows the limitation when import/export file.

Riazuddin

Industry: Biotechnology

Minitab Review

My overall experience was good with Minitab application

Pros

One of the most likeable feature of Minitab according to me is "Deriving Tolerance Limits for Non-normal distributions"

Cons

One thing which I feel that Minitab lacks is feature related Multivariate data analysis like Batch Evolution Models, contribution plots etc.

Minitab is best for basic data analytics

It's good for basic data analysis

Pros

Basic statistical analysis like control charts, Quality and reliability analysis

Cons

Multivariate analysis of multidimensional data

Ece

December 2021

Nice Experience with Statistical Analysis

I have been using Minitab for a long time and it is the best software that I used for statistical analysis of my projects. The result of the statistical analysis is acceptable and easy to move into other files. You can easily predict and visualize the data. Minitab is user-friendly statistical analysis programme.

Pros

Minitab helps me rapidly make the statistical analysis. It just requires basic level of statistics. You can easily copy the results to word file or print by simple clicking. The results are simple enough to be understood by non-experts. You can easily move columns and modify the data in worksheets.

Cons

The graphs attraction is limited and generally we have to re-plot the data in another program.

Suitable software for engineers

I have enjoy using this software for planing several optimal design and also regression modeling. I appreciate providing the predicted R-Square as an useful option in the output of regression analysis.

Pros

There are many statistical software in the market but Minitab is specially designed for engineers. It has a very advanced capability in design and analysis of experiment.

Cons

The design of this software user interface is so classic. So, maybe using another framework for making the user interface more attractive is needed.

Reasons for switching to Minitab

SPSS is suitable for social science, so for engineering projects I prefer to use Minitab.

Taniushka

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Best program for charts and analysis

Pros

Easy to apply formulas and analysis, very user friendly. Charts very easy to read.

Cons

Haven't found anything bad yet. This program is awesome.

Reasons for switching to Minitab

It's more user friendly. Easy to analyze data.

Hayley

Fantastic functionality with a steep learning curve

Overall positive. Despite needing time to learn it, it was still faster than alternatives to get the data gathered and into a presentable format.

Pros

The amount you can do with the program cannot be understated, it makes data crunching so much easier. If you need to analyze and present data, I haven't found a better program.

Cons

Despite the upside, a lot of the functionality needs to be taught to you by a peer or by a tutorial. The interworkings were not that clear to me at first.

Reasons for switching to Minitab

Was suggested by a coworker and I agree with his thoughts on the two.

February 2022

Minitab helps me analyzing the manufacturing process.

I use Minitab to analyze problem solving data, to review the scrap evolution through time. It is a great software to put data and have a nice analysis.

Pros

It's simple to use and fits to my company's needs. I can present and report my results directly from minitab instead of using a power point

Cons

Minitab has far more functions than are necessary for most Six Sigma applications. It is, however, very easy to use for a number of basic graphs and statistical tools utilized in Six Sigma.

Giselli

Industry: Chemicals

What I like most about Minitab is the amount of data handling features.

I was very happy when I was able to analyze and find solutions to process problems so quickly and without having to use multiple tools as I did before. Before, I used a tool to record data, another to analyze and process and another to generate reports. I recommend it to everyone and I'm sure you'll be able to generate many productivity boosting results with this software.

Pros

What I like most about Minitab is the amount of data handling features. It is also very easy to copy and paste data from other Windows software reducing data transfer time.

Cons

I have nothing to complain about, I liked everything I saw and used.

Norbert

Industry: Food Production

Nach Update funktionieren die alten Projekte nicht mehr

Bietet die meisten Standardfunktionen eines Versuchsplanugs- und Statistikpaketes, von daher ok. Nach dem letzten Versionsupdate sind die alten Projekte und Auswertungen nicht mehr nutzbar --> K.O für Minitab, wir suchen nach Alternativen

Pros

Versuchsplanung und Auswertungen ok für ein Statistikpaket

Cons

Nach dem letzten Versionsupdate sind die alten Projekte und Auswertungen nicht mehr nutzbar; Lizenzaktualisierung umständlich und wenig benutzerfreundlich

Minitab tab, very useful for statistical analysis

Pros

I like Minitab for how easy to use and also because it is very well known, recognized by the scientific community.

Cons

The user interface can be developed to look better and more straightforward to use.

Nidhi

Industry: Biotechnology

BI/Analysts Go-to tool

Solved the problems with small data sets for Six Sigma thing. Benefits I realized is that it saves a lot of time for data processing and creating visualizations as few clicks makes it quick.

Pros

Incredibly valuable general libraries for linear models like statsmodels with functionality of using JSON equations helps create classic graphs and analysis for the Six Sigma projects. It automated the calculations and provided quick results. A lot of data processing work can be performed with just few clicks.

Cons

The UI is classic and can be more attractive. Can add advance analytics options in the UI and can expand the integration options.

Mohammed Laid

Great tool for the Design of Expirements (DoE) and Optimizing Processes

I have used Minitab for more than 04 years in my researches to optimize many processes using Design of Experiments (DoE) and different designs such as Factorial Designs Central Composite Designs box-Behnken designs. I believe that Minitab is the one of easiest and effective tools for researchers and engineers for data analysis and processes optimization.

Pros

I believe that the one of most significant advantages of Minitab is its user-friendly interface, which allowed me to master using the software in a very short period without the need for previous knowledge in programming. It makes reporting and analysis much easier and generates ready-to-use and formatted tables and graphs that can be directly copied and pasted in your report or scientific articles. Or can be exported in a word file or many other formats as a full report. It also supports importing data and exporting reports in a wide range of different types and formats which allows the flexibility of viewing these results by other software.

Cons

What I like least about this software is the response optimizer tool, it enables only to maximize or minimize or find a target solution, but sometimes we need to find a solution within a specific range. I highly recommend that they add “In the rang … to … “ along with “Maximize/ Minimize / Target”

Reasons for switching to Minitab

Because of the limitation of this software.

Hannah

Sufficient functions for most of my statistical analysis

Minitab is easy to use since its user interface is not complex. My overall experience on Minitab is good and will renew my license in the future.

Pros

1. Minitab provides most of the functions in my daily work. For example, Design of Experiments, gauge R&R, ANOVA, distributions fitting, hypothesis tests, regression, Power and Sample Size, and Assistant. 2. I like the Assistant function the most because it can help me choose a proper approach to analyze a data set. The results from the Assistant reports are also easy to be understood and clear. 3. After each analysis, Minitab output results by text and figures. This can help me to understand the physical significance of the results and to report/visualize the data/results to my manager.

Cons

Although Minitab outputs statistical results in plots and figures, the formats, fonts, and designs of the figures and the plots can be improved to be more aesthetic. Maybe Minitab's developing team can try to use more AI to improve the outputs of the plots and figures.

Paula

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

I use this analysis software with my AP Statistics students and have used it for many years.

The program allows my students to work with very large data sets and allows me to assess their analyses very easily.

Pros

I liked the package because it was a professional use package (not just deigned for classroom use) and it was still easy enough for my students to use. There is a small learning curve to overcome, but my students adapt to the package very quickly. The iterations I have used started with version 12 and I am now using version 17. They product has become more streamlined over the years and more user friendly as well. The support I have received from Minitab has been excellent and utilizing the license server for my lab allows me to deploy the package to more computers. That is a real plus when one machine goes down and I need to use all my licenses.

Cons

Some of the graphical outputs are still not as good as MS Excel, but they have been improving over the years. I wish it could do a back-to-back stem plot, but that's a minor inconvenience.

Very good for descriptive and inferential analysis

I use minitab 18 very often to analyze process variations of food production plant, also it is used to report the improvements on any process based on any change.

Pros

Minitab offers a very good end user experience for descriptive and inferential analysis. Also minitab product help tutorials are very good and well explained that cover most of the possible doubts. The interpretation of results that minitab provides on integral analysis like Capability analysis or hypothesis testing is very useful for sharing with management.

Cons

*Developing scripts on minitab is not as intuitive as it should be so doing repetitive task can be a headache. *Also querying data from an external data source could be easier, at this moment requires a well defined DSN file and adjusting filters on data to retrieve could be also easier. *There are not enough modeling methods on minitab

Joshua

This is an excellent product for statistical-based analysis.

Pros

What I like most about this product is all of the functionalities available for performing statistical analysis on both real-world data and theoretical studies. The built-in functions and graphs are absolutely excellent and save a lot of time by automatically doing computations on data sets that would otherwise require additional software for computation. It is very easy to input the data and then have so many different options for essentially "auto-analyzing" the data through the large variety of statistic tools made available with this program. I am yet to hear of another program geared to this level with statistical analysis tools.

Cons

What I like least about this software is the way that some of the graphs are generated. Sometimes graphs with many data points may come out very messy and crowded and I feel that steps could be taken to improve the aesthetics of such graphs as essentially the point of graphs is to allow the reader to have a good visual with the behavior of the data or whatever it might be which is being presented on the graph. As such, I feel that better aesthetics are critical for communicating this information.

Analyse the data with Minitab easily.

It is actually a reliable statistical package I have ever used. I can remember how I learnt Minitab lessons eagerly during my undergraduate period and how I recalled them and analyzed thousands of my research data.

Pros

During the four years of my university life, among all the other statistical softwares Minitab is the easiest and versatile statistical package I have ever used. Specially it is very affordable package for academics and requires less disk space as well as can be easily installed. It provides a comprehensive set of statistical features including; Analysis of Variance (ANOVA), Hypothesis tests, Design of Experiments, Graphical analysis, Descriptive statistics, Correlation and Regression and etc. to perform wide variety of statistical analysis easily rather than using statistiacal codes in SAS. When I am reading research papers I have experienced that many researchers use the latest version of Minitab to the analysis of their research data. Even for my undergraduate research I used Minitab for the analysis.

Cons

Actually I haven't experienced any kind of issue while I am performing Minitab yet.

Komala Raj

Comfortable if you have knowledge in the field.

Minitab is helping me to analyze my customer details specifically on each categories. Name, district, etc.

Pros

Whatever the data, we can easily manage it and get the statical analyze through this minitab software.

Cons

If the project is closed, some time its confusing which is saved, Weather the project or worksheet on the default name. Its occurs only the system power goes unexpectedly.

Reasons for switching to Minitab

I feel minitab is easy to analyze the data

Jhon

Statistical quality control, such as philosophy and practical tool

Pros

Minitab facilitates processing, very quickly for data analysis and the clarity of the graphics are better than those of SPSS. Its statistical tools are precise and easy to use, allowing us to access a better knowledge of the information contained in the data, with an important saving of time in the collection, analysis and interpretation cycle. You can work something basic starting with the descriptive statistics to statistical methods for predictions such as regression models, ANOVA, Time Series and experiment designs.

Cons

The variety of statistical analysis that Minitab can perform, It Is Not As Wide As SPSS And SAS. What It Means That For Research Fields Applied With Specialized Techniques, for example, it is not the ideal option for neural networks in the field of artificial intelligence or in the case of geostatistics, Since this type of analysis will have to be programmed through the macro system. While Macros Language is Powerful, it is a Long Time Investment for Complex Procedures.

Pilar

Software accesible en términos de costo y facilidad de uso

Muy positiva, es el software que recomiendo para fines didácticos. Y a menos que se estén realizando análisis estadísticos a un nivel profesional más avanzado, suficiente para uso profesional

Pros

Utilizo MINITAB en mis clases y es muy amigable y sus aplicaciones cubren bien el contenido para cursos de Diseño de experimentos e ingeniería estadística a nivel licenciatura y maestría

Cons

No hay opción para utilizar contrastes en diseño experimental y dadas las nuevas tendencias en métodos ya es necesario incluir redes neuronales y otras aplicaciones. También sería conveniente extender la opción DOE más allá de la series 2k y diseños Placket-Burmann

Minitab