• Pros

• " Nice and clean interface, the work flow panel is simple and user friendly. Ease of Use. "

• "I like how it works and its ease of usage...you don't need to be a developer for using it and it takes just few time for understanding it."

• "It is an outstanding product with very great capabilities especially for research work, and it is prizing is within reach."

• Cons

• "You just need to spend few time at the beginning for setting it and make it working properly on your machine."

• "It would take you a little time to start your first task. But with the help of its detailed tutorials, you could finally make it."

• "Customer support doesn't reply instantly, though they solve problems later, it's annoying sometimes. "

Browse Octoparse Reviews

Andy from Koillis-suomen puu LTD

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Octoparse Review

The software is much easier to use, visually appealing, and on going customer support as well as tutorials have been created with the user in mind. Octoparse Web Scraper Experience: I have been looking professional web scraper for about two months now. I did try so many software's. Some was hidden mist! Most did not work at all. Then I did end up to get Octoparse web scraper! Wau! That cloud base software was exactly what I was looking for! This software really works. Software works even with some of the complex website. I definitely recommend! I use Octoparse on a daily basis and at my organization. there is no smoother way of web scraping! The software has never given me any issues. I think nobody can find better software to scrape data from web. Software It works exactly as expected. Octoparse is easy to use interface no experience scrapping websites is needed - but can do a lot. Octoparse software It has enabled me to ingest a large number of data point and focus my time on statistical analysis vs. data collection. It has safe me some much time! Same jobs would take me hours before and now data is collected in few minutes! When I need a quick way to grab structured web data, Octoparse software will be my first choice. It took time to learn the tool, but when you master it - there are lot's of powerful features. In just few days I managed to extract product information from thousands of products with very little effort! Using Octoparse to scrape a lot of data we needed was MUCH faster than custom building any solution. The user interface is intuitive, pricing very reasonable, and support was outstanding! To put it simply, if you've ever found a website where you wished that you could copy/paste hundreds of records from. Then Octoparse is your solution. It can automatically collect complete content structures such as product catalogs or search results. It's very user-friendly, yet sophisticated enough to extract data from highly dynamic websites. Octoparse software is data extraction tool that anyone can use to get data from the web. You'll never have to write a web scraper again and can easily create APIs from websites that don't have them. Octoparse software can handle interactive maps, calendars, search, forums, nested comments, infinite scrolling, authentication, dropdowns, forms, Javascript, Ajax and much more. Octoparse software is really the tool for your company!

Pros

easy to use.

Cons

Cost

Andrew from Private

Easy to start using, no coding required.

It took me about a day to look into all available web scrapers. At the end stopped on Octoparse for couple reasons. Pros: - Installs on Windows, so I could use spare Windows Server for scraping. No nodejs learning or programming needed. - GUI was simple to understand, can dump a list of links that need to be scraped, select content on the page that needs to go into Excel spreadsheet and click start. That's it, no need to select specific HTML divs or write regex code. Don't know how, but this was the only scraper that could analyze and grab a specific text on the page without setting any rules, the other scrapers I've tried had a hard time and had to make complicated rules. - During scraping opens the pages in a real browser, so Javascript, AJAX websites would work as well. - You can export to Excel, directly to SQL, MYSQ or Oracle database, CSV, TXT or HTML file. - You can also back up your scraped data to Octoparse as a backup, will be saved with your task. - Configuration and scraper apps run in different programs. If one suddenly would to shut down because of some error, other Octoparse tasks would still continue to work as nothing has happened. Cons: - Had a hard time adding a list of 50000 links into the queue, but not a problem because you can have multiple tasks 30-40K links in my case, just divide links between those tasks. - Did not say anywhere that it was saving the tasks to their servers, so that's why probably has trouble with large tasks. On the other hand, this one is also a Pro, because you can create tasks on your computer and load them up on your server just by restarting the app. Overall: You can have 2 active tasks running at the same time for free, if you want more, you can upgrade to a paid version. It takes about a second to open a page, so roughly you can scrape one page per second per task. Overall this worked better than great. Did not have to ask our devs to write a scraper, the time I spent creating the scraper would be the same amount of time I would spend discussing with our devs how to scrape the content. And now devs are asking me for stats on scraped data, not the other way around. If you do any marketing and wish to gather data for stats or just create your database from any website, super easy to do, recommend it.

Masita Dwi Mandini from Infimap

Industry: Research

Dont ever try the trial version

The trial version likes to create a trap for their user. They send a notification on the expired trial version on 7 days before and 2 minute before. For me is crazy to get 2 minute before notification. So if you kind a person how likes to forget the expired time of your trial version don't ever try this app, not worthty.

Pros

They have some template on crawling specific website

Cons

I try to crawl some literature databased from google scholar using their template, but it doesn't work well since google detected it as a robot. So totally crawl all the data was imposible, the system will stopped before finished the entired data crawling.

Howard from Self-Employed

Industry: Research

Octoparse ! Great Product

After searching and searching for a data-service. I couldn't quite fine one that would meet my needs. Then came Octoparse. At first I was hesitant to use. However after watching several tutorials. I could tell the Octoparse team spent alot of time making it easy to use. Octoparse is an extremely powerful tool that has optimized and pushed our data scraping efforts to the next level. I would recommend this service to anyone. The price for the value provides a large return on the investment. For the free version, which works great, you can run at least 10 tasks at a time. However, these tasks are ran simultaneously in the background of the computer application. In my opinion buying any of the plans that allow you to use the cloud interface is very helpful and provides a good bit of flexibity. You can close out of the application and know that Octoparse is running on a server somewhere. My favorite feature is the multi-export options that are provided (csv, microsoft excel old & new, TXT, html). Octoparse doesn't require you to have any knowledge of coding which is helpful. However, knowing simple x-code shortcuts makes Octoparse even more powerful because you can create your own custom script that will run based on your need. The walkthrough tutorials when you first start I think is what really changes the game for Octoparse. Every once in a while. I have issues with Octoparse shutting down or troubles exporting. However, Octoparse support is super quick and reliable. The bill payment is very trustworthy as well. Octoparse also offers proxy capabilities, and the ability to turn off images to speed up the process. Another addition in the cloud settings is the ability to denote and categorize tasks based on its status. I know this may seem like a no-brainer feature. However it is super helpful to know the status or time of when multiple tasks will be completed so I can plan the extraction. I have heard great things about the API capabilities, however I haven't had time to figure it out. Next on my list. All in all Octoparse offers a wide range of features and I'm happy to have used it.

Pros

The amazing and never-ending features

Cons

Cost

Marcin from Normand

Best scraper.

When we were looking for an appropriate scraping software we tried every scraping program available on the market. After some days of testing it turned out that Octoparse is exactly that what we were looking for. This great and powerful tool completely outclasses competition in most of hard tasks: -it can load and pass through very complex and big websites -you can set more complex logic which is very useful even if rarely used -there are practically no websites that Octoparse can't load, doesn't matter on what base and system they were built -friendly environment, with easy to use GUI -great support with honest, and kind people. -and everything without a single line of script which is great! There are, of course, some cons too, because nothing is perfect and that's a normal thing. Sometimes program hangs on some sites. After some observations, it came out that it is not a website problem. It happens on sites that are built similar to for example Wikipedia, which construction is practically the same under every link. Probably it is not the API in workflow for designer too, because it is about simple: loop by list of URL -> extract data. Especially when there are more links. Sometimes it shows that site is still loading, sometimes just hangs on one opened page for hours to then just move on. I note that I used all program options, including advanced options too including timeout limit, reload web page and every other option. Nothing has helped. Finally, functionalities and enhancements that can be added in the future to Octoparse, to further improve it: Example situation: We add a 100 links to the program and 17 of them failed to execute. We found out that reload website option is unclear. If we e.g. use proxy and the connection will fail with it, we can now use other proxy or few proxies depending on settings. It will be great if i.e. one proxy will fail at connection in specified number of attempts (let's say 5-15 attempts) then Octoparse will delete this proxy or mark it as malfunctioning and avoid it in the future, still returning these 17 bad link in scores. And it will be even better if score list after export will have links that failed to execute, just mark them in a separate column, or add website status error code or something. This can help in retry to get data from the websites that failed to load.

Adriano from Happings

Best free scraper softare

We are using Octoparse to scrape pages, and we find it extremely powerful. The free tool is good for users that don't need to use many queriesm, and don't need more than 2000 results extracted. After that limit either you can buy the upgrades, or you can split the files. The wizard is simple, the advanced is rather difficult to use, if you are not a developer. We would love to use some of the advanced functionalities, if they could be 'moved' to the simple side (considering that the scraper is intended mostly for nondevelopers). The wizard mode gives you the possibility to choose between: 1. list or table extraction 2. list and detail extraction 3. URL list extraction 4. single page extraction Depending on your needs, it could be good to extract all the fields from a single page (point 4) or extract data in the form of a table (page 1). We mainly use list and detail extraction, where you just need to provide a result page of a query on a first step, in and define the list of similar URLs you need to extract. Octoparse will detect the list automatically just after your second selection. On the next step you would need to instruct Octoparse on the fields you wish to extract. For each field, you can decide to extract the text, the inner HTML, the outer HTML, or the links behind the text (for example email addresses or internet addresses). We find this functionality extremely good. In the simple mode (free) the speed is based on your computer and on your internet speed. If you don't need to extract more than 2000 pages per time, the free version is good enough. If instead, you upgrade to the most advanced plans, you can use the speed of multiple servers CPU and run many tasks at the same time. If the list and extraction are not providing results, because it is difficult for Octopars to find out the URLs on a result page, we do use the URL list extraction. With this functionality you simply provide the crawler with a list of similar URL you need to crawl and the rest will be done automatically.

Pros

Free Easy to use

Cons

Advanced features a bit complicated

Rifqi from Alexis Team

best free Data extraction Software

I am a freelancer in the 3 largest online marketplace in Indonesia and of course social media since 2014 when I graduated high school, my job selling other people's products or so-called reseller or a dropshipper Sure you've heard To sell these products, of course I had to have a catalog package in advance, but a problem arises, not all sellers have their own catalog, so I had to copy every product they sell one by one, Of course this is very tiring when we need to copy thousands and even hundreds of thousands of products one by one, to get the 100-200 product I need at least 2-3 days to complete it, here I am trying to find something on the internet and I found what is called octoparse. With Octoparse I can automatically retrieve the content of the products I wanted to sell, from the name of the goods, price, weight, description, and of course the image of the product, of course, is like an oasis in the desert that is very arid, as before I use this tool, I was only able to take the product as much as 5,000 to 50,000 in a day, and sales also increased, before selling 1-5 products in one week, and after I use this tool, I was able to sell 1-5 products in one day , This tool is extremely easy to run them, because her look very familiar, we just need to hover over the content we want, and you can choose what data you want to extract (such as Text, image URLs, etc.) are very helpful people like me which do not have basic knowledge of programming. And there is also no support Cloud Extractor, very helpful for someone with Internet resources is lacking, you can choose the final result as what you want (such as CSV, TXT, HTML). Because to be honest this tool is very slow when your internet is not good. Hopefully, future cloud extractor is also available for free,: D due to the small actors like me, this is a very big price. And sorry for my English.

Hayk from Coherence Works

Octoparse as the most friendly and intuitive web data extraction tool

I have tried about 20 web data extraction software incl. online ones and desktop apps. I have stopped at Octoparse as for me it appeared to be the best option because: 1. it offers a "linear" (in the good sense) and convergent workflow for a job versus the rather messy and distractingly branching/forking semantics of the process of other software where after a certain point you lose the touch/control because of steeply growing complexity along the steps of the workflow (this problem with other software is even more severe when the workflow steps are named in quite an arbitrary manner by the vendor leaving you without any clues as to what the given step is about or how you are supposed to carry it out, etc.); 2. its workflow is simple/straightforward, friendly and intuitive - with Octoparse you do not need hours or days of training/reading of instructions, tutorials, etc. as is the case with the other software I have tried/tried to go through; the process is highly structured and coherent in Octoparse; 3. it does not require any specialized/professional skills of any kind of coding. As a possible drawback I would point to the relatively weak consistency among the offerred 4 modes of extraction. I have noticed that there are a few inconsistencies in step logic mapping/matching across some of them, but I have not explored all of them to be honest, so this problem may in fact be less significant. Thank you.

Pros

- it is simple, friendly, intuitive and features a linear/convergent (in the good sense) process of interaction - it does not take even hours of training/reading the instructions, tutorials - you start using it straight away - it does not require any coding skills

Cons

- relatively weak consistency in the logics of workflow steps across/among the four modes of extraction

Ponde from Africa Capacity Alliance

Octoparse is a powerful data extraction tool and it has added so much value to my job

This is web data extraction made simple and faster. Try it out

Pros

Cons

It took some time before i was confident of my capabilities to use the App, but I can surely say that it is worth the time sacrificed to know how it works

Sheng from 10-4 Tackle

I love it. It does exactly what I want it to do no matter he simple or intricate it is.

Pros

I love how there is a workflow diagram so I can review what I am asking the software to do. It allows me to truly customize the information I want to scrape.

Cons

The free edition only allows for 10 scrape formulas

Reasons for Choosing Octoparse

Needed easier platform and more customizable interface.

F. from C. Diffusion

I wish I had discovered this jewel years ago...

I have been crawling and parsing websites for a while, with use of php and cUrl. Years after years, it sounded clear that my extracting routines running on my server were more and more difficult to maintain in a good working shape. In fact, websites regularly change minor things on their pages, and in the best case, you wouldn't get anymore some or all of the awaited data, in the worse case, absolutely inaccurate data. Then came for me (and I must admit, my limited skills) THE hammer : AJAX ! Yes, html + Javascipt + css + dom... and the dynamic pages that don't load at first sight, that wait for you to click on a button, that just show as you scroll down, that exchange static pictures urls with javascipt dynamically shown pictures.. In two word : a nightmare ! So, I had to find a way to still be able to extract my needed data, without having to pass an engineer degree in information technology... had to be fast, had to be robust ! I gave a try to some scraping tools, and my final choice was made to Octoparse. Several reasons for it : easy to set up lots of tutorials to start easily Ajax is handled as easy as a basic html url... as if it wouldn't be any ajax routines on the pages. It's really what make me give a try... because I was unable to access the most important part of the data I needed... hidden behind an 'Display' Ajax button that I wasn't able to deal with (with php / cUrl) 10 tasks are offered for free, and as far I know, won't be public tasks as it's the case with some of Octoparse competitors Smart Mode and Wizard mode make it easy to find the data, often at first sight. Sometimes you need to find alternate ones... but Octoparse tries to do it for you. But of course, the Advanced Mode is the most important part ... and you don't need to start with it : Start with smart, or with wizard, and then Edit in Advanced Mode... and extract with accuracy what you need. I've been using kind of Xpath for years with php... but here, its easy and clear. You can even save a data extraction configuration files, to be used in new project, or elsewhere. The only drawback I have noticed, is that Octoparse uses mostly children/children/children xpath ways, that seems, to me, less robust than locations with specific attributes like class, id, or others, when Wizard Mode is used. But you can make it more robust and edit it in the advanced mode. It should definitively help me to gain a lot of time... and money (as far as I'm able to set up the APIs

Pros

Barely, you can start to use it easily without never having heard about xPath

Cons

Not one single API link in free mode, not one possibility to upload a single - even limited - task in the cloud, to test the speed difference with local extraction...

Ayman from N/A

Octoparse is the best free solution for web scraping

Octoparse offers a free scraping GUI for everyone without coding experience. The free local extraction feature is enough for almost any business starter or data collector. I mean its great you can handle all types of pagination from infinite scroll or ajax called also including the normal button pagination. Its a nightmare to develop something like this from scratch using php. I mean Octoparse are like the middle man from the web and the perfect excel sheet with all data collected inside it formatted into columns and perfect rows just need to be adjusted into charts. Although the gui is a bit complicated for someone new to the software , the tutorials are very easy to track and the moving pictures for every step are awesome. After investing some time developing the local extraction mechanism ,you can export the project to the cloud extraction as it will be much easier to use also because that is the logical step for the next move if you want to scrap large scales of data or you dont have to worry about schedule , it is in the cloud and running smoothly. The API integration also make it easier to use the data. Exporting the data via API is one of the solutions , you also can export them in various file formats including csv. You can build mobile app directly on the API and with some patience you can get more reliable data at your hand any time. I am as a wordpress developer use the api to integrate in the wordpress itself including other plugins like the woocommerce for eCommerce platform. Giant price comparison companies use the sam emethod to scarp data and publish them to their web , we can do the same with much less work using Octoparse ! Why to re-invent the wheel ?! time is money !

Pros

Complete framework to scarp

Cons

GUI is a bit complicated

Andy from ProCraft Cabinetry

Octoparse is a great web scraper to make a price monitor!

Pros

Octoparse is really a great data extraction tool to scrape product information online. As a e-commerce owner, I need to keep an eye on price. With the help of Octoparse cloud service, I just need to make a simple crawler(no coding needed actually) to extract the product price and then schedule the crawler to run every day automatically to get the updated data. It really saves me a lot of time and the extracted data helps me make a wise strategy. That's why I choose the premium plan despite of the powerful function of the free plan. Furthermore, Octoparse now is offering great discounts for new users and give continuous support to the old users. It is really worth a try.

Cons

Some websites need to modify the XPath if you want to exactly get the data you want. This would be a little difficult for me at first. But with the help of abundant tutorials and XPath tool, I finally got it!

Yue from Duke

Octoparse is really a good data extraction tool. It helps me a lot for my academic research.

Pros

I like Octoparse Cloud Service most. I need to update the data every day and the cloud service enables me to schedule the crawlers run daily on Octoparse cloud servers automatically without having to keep my computer on. This really save me a lot of time and help me get a lot of original data online for my academic research. Besides, I do appreciate they offer great discounts for us students. It is really helpful to me.

Cons

Sometimes the support replied a little late. It would be better if they could reply a little earlier.

Claire from Vision Skieer Ltd.

Octoparse is the best web scraping tool to extract data!

Pros

I like Octoparse cloud service best. It allows me to schedule my task and run at regular time, thus I could get the updated data automatically every day. Also, it has strong functions to extract different kinds of websites, which is really brilliant. The pricing is acceptable compared to other data extraction tools, no matter to say that it provides discounts for journalism.

Cindy from CUHK

A great free web scraper to extract data online within seconds

Pros

I use Octoparse to extract the comments on Twitter for my academic research. It did really help as you just need to make a simple crawler to extract the data online automatically. Though at first I didn't have any idea on how to make a crawler, I finally made it with the help of the detailed tutorials and support team. The free version is quite powerful since it could scrape almost every website. But I need the CLOUD SERVICE to schedule the tasks to run every day to get the updated data. That's why I choose the premium plan. With the great discounts offered specially for academic research, it's not a problem to afford that for us students.

Cons

It couldn't solve the Captcha problem on cloud service and I had to do that in local machine if I want to extract such kind of websites.

Bepa from TCL

Great Data extraction tool!

Pros

Cost . I'm a Sales manager and have to deal with massive profiles of customer. Every info was unstructured data and was hard to read through, which caused much headache. That was a luck a friend introduced Octoparse to me, a great web scraping tool, it boosted much of my work efficiency, and my team succeeding in exceeding sales target. Great software! Great Help!

Stephanie from Permasteelisagroup

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Helpful Extraction Tool!

Pros

Point-and-Click interface. this feature makes me feel arranged while I'm using Octoparse, it's clear to see which step I am in, and what step should I do next.

Cons

Customer Support. the customer supports dont reply instantly, sometimes it takes hours to reply my e-mails.

Alle from CO-WISE

Great Data Extraction Tool!

Pros

Comparing to other popular extractors, the price is very worthy, and its functions work very well, fulfill my needs with a lower price.

Cons

Though it doesnt need to code, but it requires a series of tutorials before I got started. It's a good thing it didn't take so long.

Octopus review

it made lot simple our deployment process to push the changes to different clients at a time.

Pros

I liked the tentacles concept that will be useful to push the changes to more than one area/customer. it works really great to implement CI/CD when working with TeamCity to build your software. I like the creation of variable to manage different environments to deploy our product.

Cons

UI can be more enhanced for better quality. creation channels needs to be improved. it would be nice if we have an option to auto email option built in with results of each deployment.

Renaldo from Bzlyrics

Industry: Program Development

Web Scraping

Octoparse is the best software for web data extraction software.It is fast and get data from all the pages without putting a single pieces of code, just design your workflow and all the data will be exported in excel or you can integrate with a database. It a software that is extremely easy to use and navigate,once you start using it , you will feel that is very important for your business and your ordinary job. For me this software was a solution for my problems , and now i don't get the data i want manually but i have octaparse, and i am very happy i got it.

Pros

Performance,easy to use,get data from all websites

Johnson from fiberhome

Octoparse is a helpful web scraping tool!

Pros

Never knew data extraction could be such an easy thing before I discovered Octoparse. It fulfills the functions I expected, I can easily obtain data I wish now.

Cons

I have not do any comparison with other brands, Octoparse was the first web scraping tool I ever used. If there were any con I would say it's that the websites claim users do not need to code, but users still need to learn a bunch of tutorials before use.

Steve from GZ Solutions

Industry: Defense & Space

Intuitive scraping tool

Great tool and interface for extracting information from a a large number of sites quickly. They provide an initial tutorial to explain how to setup a task. The graphical interface makes the necessity for coding non-existent. Has a lot of functionality that I'm still exploring - ability to run from the cloud and to schedule extractions. From what I gather, the customer support is pretty strong and responsive. I would like the tutorial to include something besides the entire block content extraction. Would like to understand how to extract a particular element (e.g., phone numbers). There are some clunky features - like the different "fields" vs. "operations" vs. "tasks" aren't explained too in-depth, but with some navigating, it is easy enough to use. The free version allows you to run 10 tasks, which provides enough exposure to understand if you need the paid version - a strong indicator that they stand behind their product. Overall, a useful and appropriately priced tool with good functionality - could use some UI improvements, but gets the job done.

Pros

- Good graphical interface so no coding necessary. - Has a tutorial to introduce you to their workflow. - Good functionality for the pricepoint. - Free trial period.

Cons

- Could use more support on how to perform specific tasks - maybe a FAQ?

Lier from Juanpi

Industry: Wholesale

Great Data Extraction tool!

I don't need to use most of my work time on collecting data on websites, I can use this software to do the job instead. I can have my other works done simultaneously.

Pros

It's easy to use, and its point-and-click interface is very easy to understand! Also, it is very functional. Great improvement on my efficiency!!

Cons

Price is not so pleasant, but I think it is quite worthy, since it improves much of my efficiency!!!

August 2016

Ryan from Anonymous

August 2016

Easy, useful web scraping.

This has really helped our company's lead generation and allowed us to focus on much more pressing issues than building lead lists manually.

Pros

This is a great option for anyone looking to scrape large amount of web data, quickly. It can run in the cloud and the GUI makes scraping accessible to non-developers. Plus they have great customer support for any snags along the way.

Cons

Not there fault at all but some things (like knowing to delay page loading with AJAX) are mysteries to non-developers. It'd would be awesome (and I think pretty easy) if Octoparse has pre-written scripts for the most popular sites to scrape.

Response from Octopus Data

Replied August 2016

Thank you for using Octoparse. Your support means a lot to us, really.

John from Marketing and Advertising

I am uk startup. Wish to know octoparse 2 year agos. Would be great if offer discounts for startups

Pros

Easy to use unlimited page scraped per run

Cons

Sometime stop working if internet not work. Paid package may sort it out

Sarah from Wuhan University

An easy web scraping tool for newbie

Octoparse is very easy to start an scraping task for newbie even though you don't need anything about programming. It is really very easy and convenient to use. Also, it could extract data from almost every website, websites with infinite scrolling down like Facebook and Twitter, websites requiring loggin like LinkedIn, websites with pagination, etc. However, sometimes it is stuck and would take quite a long time to extract the data in local machine. The cloud service is much better but it still has some problems. Hope it could improve the stability to make it a more user-friendly software.

Yue from WHU

Great web scraping tool to extract data online!

Pros

Octoparse is able to extract almost every website. With the powerful XPath selector, it could specify locate the items that I want to scrape. Besides, there are plenty of tutorials available online to help me quickly master Octoparse. It's really very helpful. Compared to other web scraping tools, the price is relatively acceptable. But if you think it's too expensive, you could also choose the free one, whose function is also very powerful.

Cons

It couldn't extract the images directly. It could only extract the URLs of the images and I have to use other application to download the images.

Umberto from Politecnico di Bari

This is a very powerful and useful product for my research!

Timohu from USAEDU

Octoparse gave me a surprise on web scraping!

Richard from Pingyan Multimodal Corporate Limited

Very functional! Helpful for my work!!!

Pros

Very functional! I can scrape almost any data on web with this software! Save massive time for me looking through customers' profiles!

Cons

The original price is a bit high, but recently I noticed there are some discounts on Octoparse's website.

M from Streets Ahead Property

Used for a Property Company

I have used octoparse for a few months to gather property data in the UK. The free version worked well and was easy to use for someone with no technical experience. I liked that I could click at the information that I would like to be scraped. I found it could be a bit slow as it works on my local machine (so relying on a slow computer for me), however, the paid accounts work in the cloud which is great. It works quickly, and is great to just set up and leave. Much more cost effective than hiring somebody to do data entry work manually and can be easily set up and leave to work as it works in the cloud. It is easy to download the scraped data and opens easily in excel. I would recommend this product if you want an easy to use web scraping product and do not have too much technological expertise.

Jason from Fiber Home Ltd.

Octoparse is a good web data extraction tool even for programmers!

Pros

Octoparse is a good data extraction tool that could extract data from almost every website. You don't need to write the code separately yourself to scrape different website. Octoparse could handle all these problems. Besides, Octoparse Cloud Service also allows you to get the updated data automatically without keeping your machine working by scheduling your task. This does help me a lot.

Cons

Very few websites aren't compatible with Octoparse built-in browser. I really hope that their specialist could deal with this problem in the near future.

Summer from ZJU

Octoparse is quite a good tool to scrape the information online.

Pros

Octoparse helps me to extract some heath care information online, which is quite helpful to my research. At first I was usually suck in some websites, like pagination, scrolling-down, but the tutorials help me a lot to figure out the problem and I finally succeeded in getting the data I want. Besides, I do appreciate Octoparse support team. They did help me a lot.

Cons

The cost is a bit expensive. But luckily, they offer great discounts to students now. And I hope the premium plan could also deal with the Captcha one day.

K from NicsDataEntryServices.Com

The Best Scraping Software- Octoparse

I have used octoparse for a client a couple of months ago, and I LOVED IT. I loved it enough to try it again for my business. I own a small virtual data entry business, I normally have real estate clients. So with octoparse a 7 Hours Job is cut down to 2 hours!!! I Kid You Not. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone that scrapes data for a living, it will cut down on hours and make your clients happy. I cannot wait to try the PRO Version of it.

Nick from ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿

May 2016

The software can download and use for free, of course you should pay for some advanced functions if you want. But as a primary user without any knowledge of programming the basic version is completely enough. The scrape rules are easy to be set, and I can even talk to the technical support team of Octoparse and ask for help. So far so good, and I will study some other features of Octoparse. It is a actual good tool for e-commerce.

Response from Octopus Data

Replied June 2016

Thanks for using Octoparse.

Felipe from UTFSM

May 2016

Awesome software for extract data web.

The pros are the ease of use, has a wide variety of choices for extraction and page navigation. Everything visible on the page can be extracted . It also has options to export the extracted data to different platforms (TXT , Excel , databases ) . Customer support is very good and solve problems immediately. Cons may be the nonexistence of developer forums, but overall the software is very very good.

Response from Octopus Data

Replied May 2016

Thank you for loving Octoparse!!!We love you too!!LOL

Thapakorn from Chanthaudom Supply

Very nice application

"This application is very nice. Come with easy tool to extract all data records on website. There're many tutorial cases to allow beginner easily to start working. Thank you

Geoffrey from Sabbatical

Industry: Market Research

reduce repetitive work

good value

Pros

I was manually going through the linkedin sales navigator to check on changes to a saved search I had done. After setting up Octoparse, it grabs all the changes to my saved search and saves them into a google sheet that eliminates a lot of clicks to get to the same information. I also saved a lot of time.

Cons

It's a point-and-click software, which takes a while. It was worth it after automating my previously manual process.

Ron from Sanico Cleaning Solutions

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Reasonably Easy to Use Scraping Tool

Pros

I like how robust the features of this program are. It is one of the better scrapers I've used to product catalog information.

Cons

There is a pretty hefty learning curve for beginners. As an intermediate skilled user of scrapers myself I get what I'm looking for after a couple tries.

Tom from Re-Finance

Octoparse is a great tool!

I've been using Octoparse for about 6 months now. I must say that it has changed my attitude toward data collection. Sometimes I did those kind of activities manually which was very time consuming. So Octoparse saved me a lot of time. At first learning how to use it on pages which don't want data scraping was a little bit of hustle but I managed it on my own (I don't have any coding skills). If it wasn't for Octoparse I wouldn't do it.

Pros

saves a lot of time

Cons

you need to learn hov to use it but it is a powerful tool

Yukshin from University of Sydney

Free Data Extractor

I am a postgraduate, and I got many essays and researches. All of these require mass of data, then Octoparse gave me a big hand on this. Strongly recommended!

Pros

Free

Cons

Not so easy to use

Jeremy from Internet

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Company is in China - Can't Get Good Support

Just go with another service that has support hours during the business day.

Pros

Pretty good set of features. That's all I can say about it.

Cons

Company is in China. If you need support you can't get it during the business day in the US. So support is you send one email on monday, they email you overnight, you email them tuesday, it is sooooo slow to make any progress on an issue.

Kimberly from Byfunds

Industry: Investment Management

Octoparse is a great extraction product!

I collect customers profile and analyze ones willingness of buying funds.

Pros

It is very easy to use and you don't need to have any experience on web scraping before. No need to code, tutorials are easy to understand, that helps much for some laymen like me!

Cons

Nothing much, but my computer becomes laggy when I used Octoparse. The Octoparse supports said that it will get better when the next version comes out.

Carl from HiredChina

May 2016

Very useful but the interface is a littile bit confusing.

It's a useful tool for me to scrape information for recruitemt. It worked well. But the user interface was confusing and I tried many times to figure it out. And I contacted the CS through email and got the response several days after.

Response from Octopus Data

Replied May 2016

We're so sorry for late reply.Thanks for using Octoparse and help us to make it better.

enrico from Enrico Giacomelli travel

Very good software

i tried this software, it is very simple to use and there are many video tutorials explaining how to run it. no code is necessary, very good. Software molto buono. Enrico Italy

Pros

easy to use and no code, free price

Response from Octopus Data

Replied February 2017

Thanks a lot for supporting Octoparse.

July 2016

Steve from innovation soft co ltd.

July 2016

Software can't Extract longitude and latitude by google map

Overview , you don't show Extract longitude and latitude by google map , feature need for start up website so much.

Response from Octopus Data

Replied August 2016

Sorry for the problem you had. Extract ing longitude and latitude by google map is allowed actually. If you have any problem, feel free to ask for help at support@octoparse.com

call costumer

Pros

this software is good result and fastest

Cons

its very good software user friendly nice

Philip from Teleplanning

The excellent product provides the maximum extraction over a time period

Pros

The ability to set a loop and the ability to automatically repeat the process adds to the level of functionality. Excellent customer support both accurate and timely.

Cons

Excel extract should automatically be transposed to provide a useful view for the audience. Creating a new task should be easier.

Marco from United International College

Octoparse helps much on my research reports!

Pros

Octoparse is a great web scraping tool. It's free to code, and its tutorials r quite easy to understand. Year 3 student life got no spare time, Octoparse helps me save some time extracting data.

Cons

It's quite expensive, but I bought it in a discount price so I think this purchase is perfect. Highly recommended!