• Pros

• "I like that Periscope runs stable and doesn't have any downtime (as far as I've noticed). The tool also runs pretty quick no matter how much data/graphs you run in a dashboard."

• "I like the speed and streamlined SQL language it enables. It has a great interface and customer support is fantastic. "

• "Periscope is simple and easy to use and go live with. It is a great feature to use and interact with an audience."

• Cons

• "I know that Periscope has many cool features. However, I have not devoted the time to figure out what Periscope can offer. "

• "It took too long to get started on our initial setup. Backend configuration took much longer than expected and required more engineering resources than we'd initially accounted for."

• "The SQL code used to parse database rows can be a little technical to get used to, but any business with a developer should be able to pick it up in no time."

Browse Periscope Data Reviews

Joel Ángel from IMPACTO TECNOLÓGICO

Industry: Translation and Localization

I have enjoyed sharing videos easily and quickly with many people at once.

Pros

The fact that it's fast and very user-friendly.

Cons

I don't like that there's not so much support as before for Periscope.

austin from theta gang

Periscope was amazing in its time

I was at an adtech company running millions of reads and writes a month and we needed insight into our data. At the time periscope was the most robust option. And whenever a problem happened someone was there to help remediate the issue.

Pros

Ease of use, caching features, and customer support were all top notch. Absolutely nothing to complain about besides the price point. If you are well funded, you will not be

Cons

The price point is very steep if you are a startup or if you wanted to use Periscope for a home project.

Reasons for Choosing Periscope Data

These products didn't exist at the time, but these product would be what I recommend to smaller companies.

Ionie

Why I use Periscope

Periscope has been my saving grace by introducing me to an awesome online community of broadcasters. It affords me the opportunity to engage in scopes which have helped to build me personally and professionally. I cannot go a day without being on Periscope.

Pros

I like the upgrades and the haste to resolve issues. The quality of programming is basically great.

Cons

Sometimes the app crashes and you miss your broadcast or cannot get back on for a while.

David from VOGLIO Digital Marketing

Great platform to congregate analytics data

Overall, very positive. Much of my daily work depends on using the data Sisense keeps organized and graphed.

Pros

I use Sisense daily and it's been a really easy way of understanding data at a glance. Information is charted out in a generally easy-to-understand format and lets me make analytical decisions quickly.

Cons

Load times can be very slow and reorganizing charts can be cumbersome. I've also had difficulty in getting certain dashboards to share correctly with clients.

James from Altus Public Schoold

Great way to connect with people using a live webcam

It allows me to connect with students live from around the country or world for that matter. It's an incredible opportunity that expands on Facebook Live for instance that allows for more interaction. It's a great piece of technology that becomes a tool instead of a crutch.

Pros

It's so easy! You pull up the application, you select go live, and then you are connected with the planet. It doesn't cost anything which is a big plus. The ability to connect and interact with students, family, and friends is a remarkable opportunity. The picture quality is sufficient.

Cons

The fact that anyone can comment can be more than an annoyance. As a teacher there are some things that you can't control and ugly or profane comments are a constant concern. I go live from around the country in an effort to connect students as well as family and friends to my summer travels, so there are moments where people can comment and be inappropriate. You want the ability to interact, so this is the downside.

Jeremy from Kinnek

We use periscope for our data analysis and visualization.

Pros

Periscope charts and graphs are pretty easy to use. I really like their upload CSV functionality. They recently improved their error reporting for troubleshooting query issues which was nice. Their support is extremely responsive.

Cons

Dashboards with a lot of widgets can be clunky and slow to load. Reorganizing widgets on a busy dashboard also can be a bit frustrating. Not quite as easy to use for non data people as other software I've used.

Sebastian from Getsafe

Solid BI Tool, but difficult to use

Really good tool, but not a big fan of usability. ( I am an end user, not building my own SQL reports).

Pros

Cons

I do not like their filtering system, meaning the way sorting in filtering works. The filtering should be set up similar to Google Analytics with pre-set fields e.g. data ranges compared to date ranges in the past. It would make it much easier to use it

Great tool for those with SQL know how

Greater flexibility, control, and freedom with data.

Pros

Cons

SQL knowledge is required so this is not meant for the casual business user (though SQL experts can create dashboards for business users to monitor).

Justin from Diablo Media

Perfect data visualizer for any size business!

Very useful data visualizations to help me and my team analyze data faster and more effectively.

Pros

The way we are able to manipulate our data and visualize in different ways allows my team to be more efficient and decisive when it comes to analyzing performance and executing on our strategies.

Cons

It helps make data transparent and accessible to all members of the team.

Pros

Being able to create dashboards and customizing the permissioning on these dashboards. We are able to make certain read-only dashboards public to external parties. In addition, the visualization and aesthetics have been done well, making the data is a lot more presentable to users.

Cons

The pivot table functions are somewhat limited, so if I wanted to create columns in the pivot table that contain processed data from other columns, I would have to do that in the query itself.

Great analytics tool for marketing

Pros

It's a really robust tool to visualize data sets as a marketer. Pretty easily to manipulate as someone that doesn't know too much about coding.

Cons

Without SQL experience you'll find it hard to customize your charts the way you want it. You'll need to partner with data analytics team or dev to do that for you.

Ajeet from Flexport

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Periscope

Pros

Great way to use different dashboards to tracks various things

Cons

takes a long time to refresh, can be hours

Great product, but a little pricey

Pros

It is easy to configure and setup. It does require tech talent to configure and connect to the appropriate data sources (as I would expect). More importantly it is very easy for business users to understand and get productive quickly.

Cons

The cost is high and while there are many great features some could not be included based on negotiating with the sales rep. Be sure you know exactly what isn't included in the cost.

Overall a good software, I would argue if such engineering is needed.

Pros

Periscope has a really good UI/UX they provide everything you need and without being lost. From a users perspective this is huge as the processes become automatic.

Cons

The multiple dashboards that start being created within the company can sometimes become difficult to manage and I think some improvements on the UX of that part could come in handy a long way.

Benjamin from Government Services

Great for Data Analysis

Great

Pros

Great for creating visual dashboards for large amounts of data. Many options available but dashboards must be built by the user using SQL. Great for helping make sense of large amounts of data and making them easily interpretable.

Cons

Must have in depth knowledge of SQL for coding the dashboards

tommy from litmus

great tool to source customer data/insights.

Pros

user interface is extremely intuitive in design and functionality. periscope allows me to easily set charts to display data in any filtered fashion.

Cons

the search option for discovering and sorting dashboards hopefully can be improved. it can be hard to manage the large number of dashboards.

Rochelle from Advocate Entertainment

Pretty cool live video streaming service

Overall it’s been ok minus the occasional dropping of video because of signal sometimes when it’s crowded.

Pros

I liked that it is an interactive live streaming service where viewers can participate by showing love and leaving comments. It does what it’s supposed to do.

Cons

Maybe the platform could be a little more user friendly when searching different videos. Also getting good video quality can be kind of tricky at times.

Quick, simple, not updated

Pros

Cons

With other platforms like facebook live and twitter videos, it is a bit outdated and the need for another app is not necessary.

Solid Data Tool

Pros

options to export have set up our dashboards well for the sales team unifying data from different business units

Cons

not able to set up on my own - this is handled by a different role

Periscope for Analsyts

Periscope so far has been great. I had the same business question asked 3 times within 4 days, so I created a dashboard in 45 min that has made questions go away and given the business a tool for answering their own questions!

Pros

I like how simple and easy to use Periscope is. With little knowledge of BI tools, you can set up a dashboard in minutes!

Cons

The only pain point for me is with the way data is stored and shared with others. It would be nice to create more extract like data sources that refresh at a set schedule and stay that way regardless of underlying data.

My experience using Periscope

I use it to see what's happening at specific areas around the world.

Pros

I like the fact that it brings up like feeds on a map so that a user can see feeds from all over the world in real time and also zoom in on areas of interest on the map to get feeds local to those areas, it's just so wonderful. I also like that you can see how many live broadcasts are coming out of a particular location.

Cons

The app consumes data on a massive scale (maybe because of the live feeds) but apart from that, the app is just wonderful.

Social media app with room for improvement

Pros

This app is really user friendly, it's easy to use it and it also has a nice visual environment that makes things easy to do.

Cons

I think it's part of its nature, but it could be nice to know whether a user is active or you are only looking at what they have done so far but without time reference.

I use periscope to view production data and perform SQL queries.

I highly recommend periscope for giving members of your organization access to the data they need. While it certainly helps to be technically proficient, you can do a lot with minimal experience.

Pros

It's really easy to view what tables are available and perform queries against them. If you are proficient with that, this is very powerful.

Cons

The displayed results can look a bit crowded, and I am not a fan of how it gives row numbers all the time. It should give an option to reduce the padding in the tables and turn off the numbering.

Peter from Chariot

Josh from A

Allows me to easily access our database and retrieve necessary info

I use periscope to get financial info from our database using saved queries. I am by no means a power user, but I like the ease of use once someone has done the hard work for me. It allows me to easily track daily metrics, pull info, etc.

We use periscope to track individual and team performance

Pros

Periscope has many features. It is easy to navigate and provides helpful statistics. It is much more user friendly than the dashboard we previously used in Salesforce.

Bernadette from Funding Gates

Superb product and customer support!

Periscope is amazing. The product is simple, clean and intuitive. If you have any kind of question, their support team sets the bar for excellence. They have gone above and beyond for us.

Gorkem from Noa Retail

Live video

Pros

It is easy to interact with your viewers while streaming.

Cons

There are no many users as Facebook live.

dubraska from Telesur

Periscope is an application available for iphone and android which allows us to share videos in real

Pros

the most interesting thing about this application is that we can share at any time events and interact with our twitter followers live, its use is very simple, in general lines is a very nice application

Emphasis on Simple, Intuitive Analytics

In theory, charts and information are central and easily shareable. The downside in the setup is time consuming and may not always meet business and engineering constrains.

Pros

The software makes it very easy to build out intuitive charts in an agile manner. Customer service is extremely response.

Periscope is intuitive

It is a good experience because it provides fun and entertaiment.

Pros

I liked very much the fact that you can easily share great moments with your friends whenever you want.

Cons

I dislike the interface. sometimes it turns annoying.

Outdated Tool

Pros

This was the first of its time and the ability to interact with celebrity and influencers was a great tool.

Cons

This was great when it first came on the scene, but as other social platforms incorporated their own native live streaming platforms, this became obsolete.

keiver from consejo federal de gobierno

Periscope is an application for android or ios that allows you to make live video transmissions....

Pros

It is a very fun application because it allows you to make live broadcasts from your twitter account, where you can add your location, adjust the chat, and interact with the users that are your followers in that social network(twitter)