• Pros

• "I use the crawlera proxy system from Scarpinghub. It is very straightforward to use and results are great."

• "Scrapy is amazing, python api is easy to use, job dashboard is easy to understand, good documentation and code."

• "- Works perfectly as long as you do not need Portia - Fast - Many available features in one place - It fulfills my scraping needs well - EXCELLENT technical support"

• Cons

• "Some requests end up being very slow, but good news is most of them end up going through."

• "Dynamic pages sometimes hard to scrape, nothing wrong with lua (for splash) as a language, but can be minor barrier to entry for python/javascript users."

• "Well, it's just doesn't have enough advanced documentation on Scrapy Splash combined with Crawlera. Their development team in Github is very responsive though. "

Browse Scrapinghub Reviews

Aminah from Centurica

When it just works

It makes me work really fast but still secure for my clients. I look really professional even though what I did was only suggesting and installing Crawlera. It's awesome!

Pros

It really saves my time as a web scraping specialists. I always need rotated proxies for my client needs. I keep creating a new project and it is a lot of hassle of I have to buy proxies, renew proxies, and create proxy rotation on my own. I am glad I don't even need to think about it. It just works!

Neil Joseph from whatoplay

Relatively Easy To Use

Our company, whatoplay.com, aggregates data from multiple sources around the world. Since we started using Crawlera, we haven't really encountered big issues. Our common ones in the last 6 months is just reaching our limit, so we just had to increase our plan.

Pros

We're only using Crawlera for our data scraping needs and it has worked seamlessly since we started using it in 2016. When we had to upgrade to a higher limit, the transition was fast, and no dev time was wasted updating our existing codebase.

Cons

Pricing can be a bit tricky especially if your need is right in between the plans.

Jose Iram from Verost Business Information

K-LIX

I have a good experience with scrappinhumb, in a matter of minutes I can develop and publish a new spider.

Pros

The software delivers the exactly promised result. It has a friendly interface and an efficient support.

Cons

You need a roadmap of new features and the pricing of third-party services.

Response from Scrapinghub

Replied January 2019

Thank you for the review. All new features will be announced in our Support Center.(https://support.scrapinghub.com/support/home) We also have an Ideas Forum (https://support.scrapinghub.com/support/discussions/forums/22000200101) where we would love your input on ideas or new features you would like to see. We appreciate all input from our Customers to continue to help us improve our products.

Have used in a couple of scraping projects to rotate proxies.

Pros

Scraping hub is quite easy to use and plugs in really nicely with whatever scraping project you have going.

Cons

Scraping hub was giving me a significant amount of errors and Scraping hub doesn't really have great support to help me figure out what was going on.

Mikhail from Freelancer

Why do you need that title?

I use and recommend that platform for years for my customers which need production-ready enterprise-grade data scraping systems.

Pros

- Original and flexible technology - No vendor-lock - Easy to use for professionals - Pretty convenient API system for integration with third-party solutions

Cons

- Not so easy to use by non-professional IT person that still wants to use data scraping - Lack of ability to create some kind of simple and clear user interface for such a persons - No simple solution for distributed/high-volume crawling - Lack of monitoring and alerting, non convenient logging system - Overpriced Crawlera

Response from Scrapinghub

Replied January 2019

Thank you for your review we appreciate all customer feedback. We do have a managed service offering for non IT professional who want access to the Data without having any scraping skills.

Simple, reliable and powerful service

Never had a problem, and customer services always replied to our requests promptly, and with attention to detail.

Pros

We are very happy with Crawlera. It works like a charm with our Scrapy projects, just adding a few lines of code we completely forgot about proxies that ended up failing anyway.

Carlos from CodeCheck AG

Overall 10

Started using it 2 years ago, learning curve totally rely on the framework because the cloud platform is pretty intuitive, self explanatory and easy to use. Whenever I needed support I have been response fast and with a favorable solution.

Pros

A full integrated platform for a framework well done for it purpose. Easy to use, based on others frameworks structure, so if you are used to web development in python then it's a piece of cake to create spiders. The integration (scrapy + scrapinghub) its really good, from a simple deployment through a library or a docker makes it suitable for any need. Good support and constant improvement on the platform. A lot of plugins and, open to any feature needed.

Cons

So far there is nothing I dislike about it.

Mikko from Jobable.com

I love Crawlera

I am very happy with Scrapinghub. Whenever I need to run a small scraper that I can't run on my laptop (since I don't leave it turned on 24/7), I just run it on Scrapy Cloud. Meanwhile, Crawlera is just the best!

Pros

I have been using Scrapy and Scrapinghub's services since 2013 and I'm so far very satisfied with their services. Crawlera, their proxy service, works very well! I don't have to setup a proxy farm anymore or configure my scrapers to point to thousands of proxy services as they do all the grunt work for you (it's all automated).

Cons

Minor hiccups from time to time on the dashboard. It only affects me when I want to see historical stats but this problem doesn't affect functionality.

Chris from AdBourn Ltd

Industry: Information Services

Scrapinghub allows me to do things other proxy servers don't do.

Scrapinghub gives my business higher quality raw data so my clients get better results.

Pros

This software allows me to access 97% of the web resources I need. Other proxy servers I have used gave me 75% maximum.

Cons

That its a time based subscription. I would prefer being able to buy a certain number of requests and renew when those run out.

Response from Scrapinghub

Replied January 2019

Thanks you for your review and input on our pricing model - we appreciate all customer feedback and have fed this into our product team for review.

Gil Gbzy from Cognizant

Best for scraping

The best out there for any kind of scraping need. They new AI based scraping api is a game changer

Pros

Cons

Nothing bad about it. Beats the competition out of the water

Kristopher from Bronze Ego Enterprises Inc

Fantastic If You Know How To Use It

Portia aside, I highly recommend this platform. It's cheap and works really well. If you know how to use Scrapy, this is easier than launching a bunch of VMs, etc. and relatively inexpensive. I knock Portia because I wanted it to work, and it will with A LOT of patience, but, if you know your way around Python and Scrapy, this is the scraping cloud platform for you! Again, there technical support has been great for me. Most of my issues have been stupid mistakes by me, but they are happy to help in a reasonable time frame (usually under 24 hours/ under 8 hours in my experience).

Pros

Cons

- Portia (beta) is almost unusable. I got a couple very basic programs out of it before I taught myself how to use Scrapy. Still, if you are looking for a value and have time to deal with the lag/hiccups in Portia, it is by far the best value for a simple point and click scrapying platform that I found. You can make it work, you will just want to put your head through the screen before you are done...

scrapy review

Scrapinghub has enabled us to streamline the scraping process for our company and sets the foundation for future scaling. I like the fact that scrapyhub handles the "Ops" part of scraping like provisioning cloud resources, staging data, and rotating IP addresses.

Stefano from Geowox

Amazing crawling solution

Coming from a "legacy" environment where everything was build from scratch I have to say that my experience with Scrapinghub is really positive. I started using some more advanced features such as ItemLoaders, Middleware etc.

Pros

Scrapinghub is so easy to use. With few setups you're ready to build your first spider. The integration with github and other addons (such as crawlera) makes things even easier to manage code deploy and proxy network management. Support for Python 3 is also a great improvement

Cons

I'm still in early days with scrapinghub and at the moment did not see any big issues to take into account. One things that comes in my mind to be improved is the documentation.

Response from Scrapinghub

Replied January 2019

Thank you for your review we appreciate all customer feedback and are constantly looking to have better documentation with continuous improvements underway. If you see any issues in our current documentation we would love to hear from you. Please submit via our Support Center.(https://support.scrapinghub.com/support/home)

isaac from verifly inc

good for scraping

Pros

it helps a lot to avoid the self-hosted spiders, this is the primary reason I like it. and I know it is developing to make it more ease to use, like github integration, however I have set up the CI tools to publish the spider automatically for every code change, so I don't use it.

Cons

however it is always a pain that it is more difficult to bypass the bot detection, especially for big website, like amazon, and the other websites protected by Distil. I know this is not the fault of scrapinghub, but it is a big pain. and I know you have a service Crawlera for this purpose, but it is quite expensive.

Response from Scrapinghub

Replied January 2019

Thank you for your review we appreciate all customer feedback. We agree and antibot research is something we are also focused on to help our customers.

Great proxy and scraping utils with superb support

Pros

Cons

No cons until now. Once in a while a server/IP gets banned but they have a big pool of IPs to serve you.

Scrapinghub

Pros

I use the Python scrapy module to write crawlers to monitor competitors prices. The integration with Github makes it real easy to deploy code to the hub. The dashboards are very useful to monitor progress and schedule jobs. Really happy with this offering.

Cons

In the beginning it was somewhat cumbersome to automate data extraction. Once I started using Python scrapinghub module life became easy. So also a pro!

Diego from Freelance Developer (Uruguay)

Industry: Program Development

Shub Review

From what I've used (basic spiders) it has been great, the page is really easy to use and the cli makes deploying easy.

Pros

Open source, well documented and very efficient.

Cons

Splash needs to be migrated to another tool IMO. I don't find LUA easy to work with as a developer; not because of the language but debugging and maintaining code is really hard. If you use scrapy-splash there is a black box that cannot interact with. I think going mainstream with javascript or python whilst unifying browser scrapping and scrapy itself would be an amazing decision. So, overall I would love to see a merge between scrapy and a browser scraper.

BRUNO from DevsHome

The best crawler service plataform

Crawlera is a great platform for crawler. I used it for 2 years in my business and jobs.

Pros

Your reliability an trust about proxy ip list.

Cons

You payment method just accept international credit cards. I used it from Brazil.

Tim from Just Eat

Just Eat Client

Good, they are responsive and professional. Would recommend.

Pros

As a business once you hit a certain size it makes sense outsourcing webscraping. Scrapinghub has the required specialism to do a good job.

Cons

Still needs involved work from the client side to ensure data quality and consistency.

Response from Scrapinghub

Replied January 2019

Thank you for your review we appreciate all customer feedback. We agree and data quality is very important to us as well. We are constantly looking to improving our QA framework and working with our customers to ensure consistent data quality.

Alex from CoinFi

The best way to host your scrapers

Pros

Very easy to use. Great dashboards for monitoring jobs. Very competitive pricing. Friendly customer service.

Cons

There's very little to complain about with Scrapinghub - it's genuinely a really great product!

Daniel J. from Noodle.mx Podcast Network

The proxy is smart so I don't have to be!

Pros

Crawlera makes it really easy for me to process thousands of requests without worrying about rate-limits. I love that I don't have to worry about retry policies or IP blacklisting because Crawlera takes care of that for me! Plus, by charging by requests instead of bandwidth, it's much easier for me to estimate my expenses based on my needs.

Cons

I don't like that the usage numbers are delayed by so many hours. The pricing is also a little high. I wish there was some way to bring that down or get more value into the plans.

Timothy from solesense

Highly recommended!

Pros

The effectiveness - it simply works better and is more consistent than other proxies.

Cons

The monthly limit on requests and how there is no intermediary plan between C10 and C50.

Karim from hug digital

Industry: Research

Scrapinghub has revolutionized the scraping industry

I came to scrapinghub as a young ambitious analyst. The free to use service is what kept me. When more scraping projects comissioned I contacted other providers to find out who would deliver the most value. There really was no alternative: the best prices, virtually unlimited data, and A+ team at scrapinghub.

Pros

Simplicity, no-bullsh*t services, modular services & addons, very low service downtime. I can keep going and still won't do these guys justice

Cons

Payment platform wasn't a walk in the park. Guides and knowledge base are not outdated but can use a 2019 refresh

kenneth from IT

Great for Beginners

I am solving meta search price problems within the cannabis industry.

Pros

It was very easy to start creating crawlers and launching them on scrapinghub. Plug and play. Ready to start launching a fleet of crawlers to move my project to the next level.

Cons

The price was a bit hefty for running multiple crawlers.

Teruhito from Arsaga Partners

Industry: Computer Networking

Scrapinghub Review

Pros

Scraping situation is easy to see visually Can be finely implemented such as time to activate scraping Ease of deployment

Cons

I try to deploy from github, but I can select only my own repository (Can not deploy from organization's repository?

Alister from eureQa, LLC

eases web scrapping experience

would recommend anyone who web scraps website data for mining intelligence.

Pros

we have used scrapinghub for generating proxy ip's to mine company web data and career page information. has been very useful in assisting us to stand up our own skill vertical search engine.

Cons

needs a lot of customization if the scripts run into issues. overall a good product for its use cases

Nitin from Dell

Industry: Computer Hardware

Web Crawling Funcionality

Great customer support and account managers.

Pros

Ease of use to download and manage various crawlers

Cons

Too much data that requires a lot of cleanup activities. It would be great if the data can be cleaned and presented in ready to use form

Alen from Marketing & Advertising

I don't think you'll ever find better

Pros

Ease of use with the Portia addon combined with the job queue make a gratifying experience.

Cons

Sometimes the UI is clunky and you are no sure if you aren't interfering with the current scrapers while editing a spider.